Finally: College Democrats of America explain why they’re Democrats

posted at 9:27 pm on June 27, 2011 by Allahpundit

The clip’s not three minutes long, but there’s so much comic material to be mined that it managed to inspire both an Ace top ten list and a 10-minute segment on Glenn Beck.

Why I’d want to be a Democrat if I were 20 years old right now: Because I enjoy paying into an entitlement system that totally rips me off.

Via Reason, your perhaps-not-unrelated graph of the day. Note the age breakdown:

When asked how she’s planning to take back the House next year, Pelosi said, “Our three most important issues: Medicare, Medicare and Medicare.” That’s how sure she is that these free-thinkin’ young Democrats, on whom Obama’s counting to turn out en masse a la 2008 to push him over the top in swing states, will in fact turn out and vote for a generational health-care subsidy to the tune of 25 cents on the dollar. And you know what? I bet they will, too. Click the second image to watch.

Why I’m a Democrat from Rob Flaherty on Vimeo.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

If you say it really fast, apparently, it makes sense.

SouthernGent on June 27, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Wow, it must take a tremendous amount of courage for a college student to come out as a Democrat. I’m impressed.

hepcat on June 27, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Which one is crr6?

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on June 27, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Things almost as diverse as Keith Olbermann’s staff: This group of college Democrats

catmman on June 27, 2011 at 9:34 PM

“All children are entitled to a good education”.

I suppose they’re not counting those kids who were aborted?

Hog Wild on June 27, 2011 at 9:36 PM

So in order to be a Democrat…

… you have to be ugly and gay.

Who knew…?

Seven Percent Solution on June 27, 2011 at 9:37 PM

“I’m a Democrat because I think the Government should take care of it’s citizens”
Thank you “education” system and media.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on June 27, 2011 at 9:38 PM

PMITA University

Roy Rogers on June 27, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Which one is crr6?

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on June 27, 2011 at 9:3

The manly looking chick in the flannel shirt with the ketchup stain .

CW on June 27, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Man, I was like that when I was a ‘ute.

I was always asking for someone else to fix things. I just wanted to morally preen about “caring”. Girls liked it too (nice side benefits).

I’m sure these are fine young men and women but platitudes don’t cut it in life.

They’ll learn.

SteveMG on June 27, 2011 at 9:41 PM

None of these people have been robbed at gunpoint.

Jocundus on June 27, 2011 at 9:42 PM

They’ll learn.
SteveMG on June 27, 2011 at 9:41 PM

They already vote.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on June 27, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Ya,I remember those College Democrats,at the WH Gates,
celebrating!!
—————-

As lefties gloat over the political implications of Osama bin Laden’s demise, and the media ramp up an “Obama bounce” meme,
========

Its Politics baby,like the Wh Gates Cheering GMU Liberal
Students Groups,try’n to Over-Scream the GMU Republican
Students..on OBL’s demise announcement!!
—————————————-

as College Democrats and liberal students led chants in favor of reelecting President Barack Obama shouting, “Four more years!” and “Yes we can!”
(More…….)

=============

Well,hot d*mn,it was a 2012 Election Campaign Pep Rally
kick-off,and not a Celebration of Snuffing Out OBL!!

WH-HQ. must of text,and twitted,Hopey Mini Million Security
Forces,to mobilize,with bonus exam time off,like the Wiscon
sin Students Educational Protest Field Trips!

And flooded the WH Gates to fire up the Narration!(sarc).

canopfor on May 5, 2011 at 7:40 AM

canopfor on June 27, 2011 at 9:43 PM

They’ll learn.

SteveMG on June 27, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Not until something or someone teaches them. By then it may be too late.

gryphon202 on June 27, 2011 at 9:43 PM

So in order to be a Democrat…

… you have to be ugly and gay.

Who knew…?

Seven Percent Solution on June 27, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Seven Percent Solution:And,the perception of “TOLERANCE”!

canopfor on June 27, 2011 at 9:44 PM

I’m a democrat because I hate Sarah Palin, pop birth control like candy, hate Republicans, and Republicans stir crap up by being mean to Obama!

Oh, that one didn’t make it?

MeatHeadinCA on June 27, 2011 at 9:44 PM

They already vote

Yeah. But fortunately not in real high numbers.

Still, point taken.

SteveMG on June 27, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Self-parody at its finest.

darclon on June 27, 2011 at 9:45 PM

None of these people have been robbed at gunpoint.

Jocundus on June 27, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Oh yes they have! They just don’t know it yet…

gryphon202 on June 27, 2011 at 9:45 PM

I saw this earlier on Right Scoop and could only make it about halfway through. I’ll confess I know a lot more than I did when I was that age(I graduated college in 1999 to put things in perspective), but common sense is something that was always there.

Do these kids not grasp the concept that we’re over 14 trillion in the hole and that the government can’t take care of everybody? That the public education system sucks because of what we spend on it, not in spite of it? That janitors and judges are NOT one and the same? That the Democrats were never the party of civil rights, but rather the party of welfare?

I guess the one good thing(if it can be constituted as good) about the insanely high unemployment rate among young workers is that they’re getting the hard lesson of life very early on in their professional careers and will hopefully come to the realization that hopenchange don’t pay the bills.

Doughboy on June 27, 2011 at 9:45 PM

“I’m a Democrat, because I can’t tan, and I’ve never lifted a weight in my entire life.”

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2011 at 9:45 PM

I’m a Democrat because I’m a Christian, not in spite of it.

A Christian who favors pushing the homosexual agenda?
A Christian who supports murdering unborn kids?
A Christian who supports forcibly taking from earners to buy votes of non-earners?
You are the definition of CINO.

itsnotaboutme on June 27, 2011 at 9:45 PM

If you say it really fast, apparently, it makes sense.

SouthernGent on June 27, 2011 at 9:31 PM

If you play it backwards, you can hear George W. Bush telling you to take away grandma’s medical care.

malclave on June 27, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Ya,I remember the College Democrats,er,school children,out on a Socialist Protest March,er Political Field Trip in Madison,Wisconsonsin,a few months ago!!

canopfor on June 27, 2011 at 9:46 PM

I made it through 2 minutes…What did I win?

cynccook on June 27, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Excuse me ladies and gentlemen, instead of more government and more laws and more programs, how about better government? Take what we have and make it more efficient.

More does not mean better.

Better means better.

SteveMG on June 27, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Wow. Are those really college students? Why not just say, “I’m a moron… because I don’t bother to study history and I can’t think for myself”.

These people actually believe that Democrats are the party of Civil Rights? Um… those were the guys under the hoods ya dopes. Sheesh.

Murf76 on June 27, 2011 at 9:49 PM

“I’m a Democrat, because I’m whiter than a mayo sandwich at a John Tesh concert.”

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2011 at 9:49 PM

I’m a Democrat because I’m a Christian, not in spite of it.

Cryptographers will be studying that statement for generations.
Most of these juice box geniuses sound as if they’ve majoring in the writings of Professor Irwin Corey.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on June 27, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Smug liberals already.

Hummer53 on June 27, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Crowder could have some real fun with this vid. Its taylor made for him.

eyesky on June 27, 2011 at 9:53 PM

I’m a Democrat,because,I believe,

in looking forward and not consistantly looking back!!
========================================================

MEMO:To Barack Obama,stop with the inheritence talk’n points,and please,watch your Teams Video!

And,its no wonder Democrats have F”D up America,where
looking ahead,and to hell with the past,is a sure way
to keep making mistakes and never learning from them!

canopfor on June 27, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Bryan Preston at the Tatler links a response from the College Republicans of Nevada.

token on June 27, 2011 at 9:54 PM

None of these people have been robbed at gunpoint.

Jocundus on June 27, 2011 at 9:42 PM

True but they are being robbed as they speak and sadly cannot see it!

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Doughboy on June 27, 2011 at 9:45 PM

One would think they’d spare at least a little intellectual curiosity about where the money’s coming from to pay for all the “rights” they’re making up out of thin air.

Here’s a hint college ninnies…. it’s YOU.

Murf76 on June 27, 2011 at 9:56 PM

malclave on June 27, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Heh!

SouthernGent on June 27, 2011 at 9:56 PM

“I’m a Democrat because I believe in democracy not theocracy.”

Where to begin?

The only things that could open the door to a “theocracy” are the creeping expansion of government (which Democrats support) and the rejection of the constitution (which Democrats support).

American conservatism protects this country against theocracy (or dictatorship, plutocracy, etc.). Modern Liberalism (statism, Progressivism, etc.) opens the door.

visions on June 27, 2011 at 9:59 PM

zzzzzzzz

TheBlueSite on June 27, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Just remember, every year there’s a new crop of stupid.

Greg Toombs on June 27, 2011 at 9:59 PM

These recently “educated” Democrats are probably blissfully unaware of how many people are laughing hysterically at them and their responses.

If you know any college age students please give them a pop quiz and ask them to complete this sentence:

I am a Conservative/Republican/Libertarian because…

Let’s make sure the kids on our side are prepared in advance for one of these YouTube moments, so they never embarrass us the way these college Democrats humiliated their party.

wren on June 27, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Here’s a hint college ninnies…. it’s YOU.

Murf76 on June 27, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Every conversation I have now with libtards, when they say gov’t money, I stop them and interject ” your money” until they tire of hearing it and shut up or have to admit it ips their money!

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Crowder could have some real fun with this vid. Its taylor made for him.

eyesky on June 27, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Did we get them to sign the petition to ban diHydrogen Monoxide?

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Also very interesting in the PEW graph: 35 R, 35 D, 37 I in favor of some credit for private insurance.

Why so few R in favor?
Why so many D in favor? Maybe the people who go by D party are not a lost cause.

AshleyTKing on June 27, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I’m a Democrat because I believe that all contests should end in a tie so no one will be a loser.

Well, except for elections, that is.

predator on June 27, 2011 at 10:05 PM

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:00 PM

If memory serves, there was a poll last year in which 24% of respondents didn’t know that the government doesn’t have its own money. That’s one in four. How sad is that?

But that’s a good way to deal with these idiots… keep repeating “your money”. I’ll have to remember that one. lol

Murf76 on June 27, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Every time their lips moved I heard, “I’m a democrat because I can’t thing for myself.”

ClanDerson on June 27, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Well, except for elections, that is.

predator on June 27, 2011 at 10:05 PM

That’s why they like soccer so much.

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 10:08 PM

I’m a Democrat because I don’t want a job when I graduate.

txmomof6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:09 PM

OK, the kids are mostly absolutely silly but:

the guy with the yellow tie at 55 is the best: sincere voice, believes anyone can make in in America

the girl with the shiny face in the first half is talking way to long about her family, couldn’t follow it all

the young black lady, though talking about “organizing” didn’t seem angry, seemed very reasonable

AshleyTKing on June 27, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Which one is crr6?

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on June 27, 2011 at 9:3

The manly looking chick in the flannel shirt with the ketchup stain .

CW on June 27, 2011 at 9:39 PM

No that’s csdeven, speaking for the group, wearing her favorite fragrance.

Jocundus on June 27, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Did we get them to sign the petition to ban diHydrogen Monoxide?

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 10:01 PM

I heard the diHydrogen Monoxide has been creeping into our country’s water supply. Why this isn’t front page news is beyond me. At least these kids care about the environment.

Tommy_G on June 27, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Hello, the PEW numbers?

Why is Ryan being vilified so much then if these are true?

AshleyTKing on June 27, 2011 at 10:11 PM

(College)Democrats on Escalator
********************************
********************************

canopfor on June 27, 2011 at 10:11 PM

That’s why they like soccer so much.

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 10:08 PM

predator on June 27, 2011 at 10:12 PM

None of these people have been robbed at gunpoint.

Jocundus on June 27, 2011 at 9:42 PM

They’re being robbed right now. They just don’t realize it yet.

98ZJUSMC on June 27, 2011 at 10:13 PM

The guy smartly taking off his glasses to appear professorial, he’s definitely a demorat.

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 10:14 PM

I’ve got an old friend I was stationed with many years ago and we’re ‘friends’ on Facebook.

He’s just like this.

Today he was all in a tizzy about the Supreme Court thing from Arizona about campaign finance. He was railing about how things would be so much better if we had stricter campaign finance laws and if candidates were only allowed to use and accept ‘public’ funding.

I pointed out that President Obama, his guy, didn’t accept any public funds during the 2008 cycle and he did that so he could skirt campaign finance and disclosure laws.

He didn’t even know.

Unfortunately, he’s far removed from ‘college’ age. But I keep trying!

catmman on June 27, 2011 at 10:15 PM

“I am a Democrat because my parents have not cut me off yet!”

Wait until you actually look for a job you silly children.

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Oh yes they have! They just don’t know it yet…

gryphon202 on June 27, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Whups. Beat me to it.

98ZJUSMC on June 27, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Why I am a Liberal
*********************

**(Warning..Space Cadet in Action)

canopfor on June 27, 2011 at 10:15 PM

They’ve reportedly changed the link to the video. Here’s the new one. Don’t let this one slip away, folks!

WesternActor on June 27, 2011 at 10:16 PM

I’m a demorat because everything should be free and the demorat party is the party of freedom and free stuff.

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 10:16 PM

They’re dems because they believe any clap trap hurled at them. They’re dems because they’re self loating morons, who believe any clap trap hurled at them. They’re dems, because they believe equality for everyone except those that disagree with them, and they hate everything freedom and liberty give…and they believe all the clap trap their liberal professors hurl at them.

capejasmine on June 27, 2011 at 10:17 PM

He didn’t even know.

Unfortunately, he’s far removed from ‘college’ age. But I keep trying!

catmman on June 27, 2011 at 10:15 PM

I thought Obama signed on to public funding after McLame agreed to use none. I’d check on that if I were you.

predator on June 27, 2011 at 10:17 PM

I never did understand my generation. I pity them, really. I mean, would you like to be known as “the dumbest generation?” Aw, fist bump man, Obama won!

Losers.

RDE2010 on June 27, 2011 at 10:17 PM

I’m a Democrat because all of the cool people told me Republicans suck, dude.

disa on June 27, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Serious question:

Why are you guys Republicans (or conservatives)?

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM

predator on June 27, 2011 at 10:17 PM

You seem to have misunderstood what public funding is.

disa on June 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I’m a Democrat because I want to fight for those without a voice

Really? Like the unborn?

Eren on June 27, 2011 at 10:24 PM

I’m a demorat because this suit fits me like a billowing garbage bag.

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Serious question:

Why are you guys Republicans (or conservatives)?

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM

That is not really a serious question, that is a serious attempt to deflect from the College Democrats sad video. Better serious question for you, since they failed miserably at making a good argument, can you help them out and explain why you are a Democrat?

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:25 PM

True but they are being robbed as they speak and sadly cannot see it!

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 9:55 PM

They aren’t being robbed at gunpoint – they are being robbed at bondpoint.

JohnGalt23 on June 27, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Serious question:

Why are you guys Republicans (or conservatives)?

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Because I finally realized that I live in the real world and not the unicorn rainbow brite castle.

Also, that contrary to how they portray themselves, liberals are as mean as snakes, are utterly obsessed with money and are doing everything possible to destroy initiative in the American soul.

In short, everything liberals have promoted since my college days was wrong.

disa on June 27, 2011 at 10:26 PM

True but they are being robbed as they speak and sadly cannot see it!

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 9:55 PM

They aren’t being robbed at gunpoint – they are being robbed at bondpoint.

JohnGalt23 on June 27, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Quite true!

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:29 PM

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:25 PM

So you can’t think of a single reason? Interesting.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:29 PM

In short, everything liberals have promoted since my college days was wrong.

disa on June 27, 2011 at 10:26 PM

That’s pretty vague. Also, you come off as very bitter.

Did something bad happen to you?

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:30 PM

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Everyone’s been looking for you, man. Are you the chick or the professor?

RDE2010 on June 27, 2011 at 10:30 PM

I’m a demorat because I want to help those in need, just don’t ask me to travel to some craphole over in Africa or South America or something because their internet access sucks.

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Serious question:

Why are you guys Republicans (or conservatives)?

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Because I want to be able to stand on my own. To take a real stand. To make a real commitment. Because Christ was a conservative.

Tommy_G on June 27, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Tommy_G on June 27, 2011 at 10:31 PM

That’s vague and stupid. You guys are worse than the morons in the College Dems video.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:33 PM

“I’m a demorat because I believe people should be able to marry whomever they want.

Which must be perplexing the crap out of you considering that I voted for PBHO and he doesn’t believe in or support gay marriage.”

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Tommy_G on June 27, 2011 at 10:31 PM

This is vague?

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 10:35 PM

I am a Conservative because I believe in strong national defense, limited government, and personal responsibility.

wren on June 27, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Serious question:

Why are you guys Republicans (or conservatives)?

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Yep. Can you do any better? At least some of the kids in the video had reasons that were more substantive than “I want to take a real stand.”

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:37 PM

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Should be @

This is vague?

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 10:35 PM

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:38 PM

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:37 PM

You supposedly asked a serious question and the two answers you got were immediately ridiculed as being vague, stupid and seemingly bitter.

At this point do you expect people to gallop forward to answer you?

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 10:39 PM

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:37 PM

I’m a conservative because I think that I can care for myself an my family better than the government.

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 10:39 PM

You seem to have misunderstood what public funding is.

disa on June 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM

OK, call it “federal funding” then. He double-crossed McLame on some sort of gov funding for campaigns. And “federal” sounds like “public” to me. I wish I could remember specifics, and I’m not going to put a lot of time into searching it. I’m eating dinner. If I’m wrong, I’ll gladly stand corrected.

predator on June 27, 2011 at 10:40 PM

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:25 PM

So you can’t think of a single reason? Interesting.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Last I checked the topic was ” why I am a Democrat”. Please explain your reasons, we would like to know! You cannot honestly ask the question you did tonight on this blog, it is explained to you every night in every thread. That is why I asked you to answer the 64k question to help out your fellow democrats. It seems you cannot think of on reason!

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Serious question:

Why are you guys Republicans (or conservatives)?

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Because someone needs to balance out the votes of those ****ing mouthbreathers in the CDA video.

“Um, my grandfather was the first person in my family to go to law school, and he taught me that judges are janitors and stuff!”

Or what about the guy who said “Hope is the stuff of dreams”? I think he’s my favorite. O/U on his combined total of ironic trucker hats, Sufjan Stevens albums and Birkenstocks: 17.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Right. I asked a serious question and I got stupid, juvenile answers. Excuse me for being disappointed.

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Join the others in the dunce corner.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Last I checked the topic was ” why I am a Democrat”.

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:41 PM

When and where did you check?

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Why are you guys Republicans (or conservatives)?

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM

That is not really a serious question,

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:25 PM

It is a reasonable question. Liberals seem to be generally surprised when they meet a Republican who is not rich or a pawn of the rich.

I’m a conservative because I believe that if people don’t reep the consequences, good and bad, of their actions that this country will eventually go the way all socialist countries, which is higher and higher unemployment and lower and lower standard of living for everyone.

It doesn’t matter if everyone gets a great public education if that education is filled with liberal crap that prevents people from accomplishing anything because all capital is sucked into endless welfare programs.

pedestrian on June 27, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Agreed. Those responses were almost as dumb as the responses conservatives have given in this thread.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:44 PM

“The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.”

The Democratic party could give two turds about the individual or real minority. If they did we wouldn’t be as screwed as we are now.

Crr6: I am neither Republican nor Democrat, but I would lean conservative over liberal any day. Liberalism is dead.

RDE2010 on June 27, 2011 at 10:44 PM

t 10:19 PM

Serious question:

Why are you guys Republicans (or conservatives)?

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Because I believe the only legitimate job of government is to protect our natural rights to life, liberty, and private property. That means providing for national defense, a strong court system, and law enforcement.

Everything else, not expressed strictly and explicitly in the Constitution, is extraneous and taxes used to pay for these “services” are nothing more than robbery and theft.

Read Bastiat’s “The Law,” that explains why I am a conservative.

Nelsen on June 27, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Last I checked the topic was ” why I am a Democrat”.

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:41 PM

When and where did you check?

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Finally: College Democrats of America explain why they’re Democrats

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Serious question:

Why are you guys Republicans (or conservatives)?

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I’m a conservative because I believe in individual responsibility and fiscal prudence. As these are characteristics which are anathema to the modern day Democrat Party which has been taken over by the social justice, open borders, crony capitalism, and big government types, I find myself stuck for better or worse with the Republicans. I of course will do my best as a Tea Partier to bring them back to the right on fiscal matters which is a far less daunting task than reforming the Democrats who I believe at this point are too far gone as a group.

Doughboy on June 27, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Join the others in the dunce corner.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Try this one on Professor:
I don’t want to be anything like you or the people you spend time with. You are a grifting looter and have decided to become a lawyer to take the hard earned monies from some person or corporation by twisting the law to benefit you. (see John Edwards for further examples)

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 10:47 PM