Finally: College Democrats of America explain why they’re Democrats

posted at 9:27 pm on June 27, 2011 by Allahpundit

The clip’s not three minutes long, but there’s so much comic material to be mined that it managed to inspire both an Ace top ten list and a 10-minute segment on Glenn Beck.

Why I’d want to be a Democrat if I were 20 years old right now: Because I enjoy paying into an entitlement system that totally rips me off.

Via Reason, your perhaps-not-unrelated graph of the day. Note the age breakdown:

When asked how she’s planning to take back the House next year, Pelosi said, “Our three most important issues: Medicare, Medicare and Medicare.” That’s how sure she is that these free-thinkin’ young Democrats, on whom Obama’s counting to turn out en masse a la 2008 to push him over the top in swing states, will in fact turn out and vote for a generational health-care subsidy to the tune of 25 cents on the dollar. And you know what? I bet they will, too. Click the second image to watch.

Why I’m a Democrat from Rob Flaherty on Vimeo.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

arnold ziffel on June 28, 2011 at 12:31 AM

ccr6, like most lefties, is a leftie because you and I are evil! No other reason is required.

Really Right on June 28, 2011 at 12:34 AM

I never saw racial hatred in action until the first summer I visited my cousins in suburban Detroit. Compared to that, the South that I have lived in all of my life is a shining beacon on a hill regarding racial harmony, and that is the God’s truth.

Ask any of the droves who have fled to the new South for this and many other excellent reasons.

Realignment, my right eyeball. You’ve worn this meme down to a threadbare joke, cur.

hillbillyjim on June 28, 2011 at 12:35 AM

bluemarlin on June 28, 2011 at 12:25 AM

No, I don’t she is ignoring you. I think perhaps she is looking in the depths of her bleeding liberal heart to truly perplex us all. We must be patient and wait for the final truth. We really are in a presence, you know.

RDE2010 on June 28, 2011 at 12:35 AM

You can just say “no, I don’t have a response.” It’s just the internet, after all.

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:28 AM

My response was that you seem particuarly ignorant about the Southern ReAligntment and you could use some information. Just trying to do you a favor, brosefina.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 28, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Don’t ignore any of that. Just look at where it happened.

And then look at the partisan realignment in the 60′s and 70′s. It’s pretty straightforward.

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:30 AM

What is pretty straightforward is that you are an idiot! Sure , you are kind of witty and funny but so was cousin Eddie in Vacation! Please advise your reasons for being a densest/liberal!

bluemarlin on June 28, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Put up or shut up, crr6. Why are you a liberal again?

stvnscott on June 28, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Last poet densest = democrat but dense liberal actually works!

bluemarlin on June 28, 2011 at 12:38 AM

hillbillyjim on June 28, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Where, pray tell, are you located Crr6? I, for one, am located in the South and I have never seen two races get along as we do here. Seems all the northern states are having problems lately.

RDE2010 on June 28, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Don’t ignore any of that. Just look at where it happened.

Where it happened. I’m trying to remember who uttered this quote and where it was uttered that Barack Obama was “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”

I’m thinking it was some guy from a deep south state, Vermont maybe, and his name was….uh….crap…help me out, I believe his name rhymes with ‘Joe Biden’.

Bishop on June 28, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Put up or shut up, crr6. Why are you a liberal again?

stvnscott on June 28, 2011 at 12:38 AM

She’s too stupid to think for herself?

darwin-t on June 28, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Here is crr’s theory of electorcal re-alignment:

Everything good to advance Civil Rights came out of the North. All impediments came from the South. Every Democrat KKK member unleashing the hounds on protestors was a crypto-Republican. Every Republican fighting the good fight, even the ones in the archaic, barren Southern wasteland, were crypto-Democrats.

Everyone was put into a magic pot, stirred, and voila! All of the erudite biens pensants magically ended up in areas like New York City, and certainly nowhere further South than Baltimore. All the evil racists became Republicans (which they truly always were, as they were crypto-GOP Democrats), and all the civil rights champions became Democrats.

And that’s how a 25 year electoral realignment happened!

Good Solid B-Plus on June 28, 2011 at 12:42 AM

I did some realignment here in my office but I still can’t keep “White Ni**er Byrd” from being anything other than a demorat.

What, is there a formula I’m missing?

Bishop on June 28, 2011 at 12:46 AM

She’s too stupid to think for herself?

darwin-t on June 28, 2011 at 12:41 AM

No, no, that was our reason for being a Democrat. Not the same thing.

RDE2010 on June 28, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Just let these young Democrats start earning a living – then watch them bitch when they look at “the deductions” on their paychecks.

GarandFan on June 28, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Like P.J. O’Rourke says, socialism sounds great until you get your first pay check and find out your more than half way there.

Cindy Munford on June 28, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Finally: College Democrats of America explain why they’re Democrats

Because they know everything and so far have had to pay for little or nothing.

rukiddingme on June 28, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Page not found

Sorry, “Why I’m a Democrat” was deleted at 11:37:32 Mon Jun 27, 2011. We have no more information about it on our mainframe or elsewhere.

Ha. So much for strength of conviction. He deleted his video at the source. Someone probably told him to jump and he said, “How high!?”.

FlatFoot on June 28, 2011 at 1:43 AM

FlatFoot on June 28, 2011 at 1:43 AM

Glenn Beck posted another copy of the “Why I’m a Democrat” video on TheRightScoop site. Just click the picture of Glenn above and the video will appear below the video of Glenn doing his radio show.

Watch it quickly in case it disappears again! It is priceless!

wren on June 28, 2011 at 1:55 AM

Well… the one young lady summed it up pretty much… ‘She’s a democrap because she believes that the government should take care of it’s citizens.’

RalphyBoy on June 28, 2011 at 2:05 AM

Oh come off it. How do you account for the partisan realignment during the 60′s and 70′s that led to the solidly Republican South? Is it your position that all of the awesomely awesome civil rights-supporting conservatives spontaneously decided to moved to the South, and all of the racist liberals simultaneously decided to move North?

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Many people stopping being racist. Others died off. The racists that are still around are primarily liberals now.

pedestrian on June 28, 2011 at 2:11 AM

Why is it that many of the responses thus far read as if they were conceived while screaming at passing cars?

crr6

Because your med nurse is running late?

xblade on June 28, 2011 at 2:24 AM

I am a Democrat because I hate being held to the same standards that I hold everyone else to.

I am a Democrat because I enjoy accusing my enemies of wrong-doing (regardless of evidence) in order to shield myself from any consequences when it is revealed that I am doing the same thing I accused others of.

I am a Democrat because I demand others do what I myself am unwilling to do.

In short, I am a Democrat because I am a walking, talking contradiction…a hypocrite.

Left Coast Right Mind on June 28, 2011 at 2:40 AM

Left Coast Right Mind on June 28, 2011 at 2:40 AM

Well put.

scotash on June 28, 2011 at 4:10 AM

The video’s been deleted. I guess the author saw how much it was being mocked. Any other copies of it floating around?

clancy_wiggum on June 28, 2011 at 4:13 AM

I joined the party of slavery, segregation, abortion, and class warfare because I believe in equal rights.

Slowburn on June 28, 2011 at 4:47 AM

I am a Democrat because I have no real-life experience, have never been out of school since I was 5, and believe everything my educational hive masters (who, as liberal union teachers, also have no real-life experience and have never been out of school since they were 5) have told me.

Rod on June 28, 2011 at 7:00 AM

clancy_wiggum on June 28, 2011 at 4:13 AM

Here you go:

Quisp on June 28, 2011 at 7:05 AM

I am a democrat because of Boooooooosh!!!
/sarc

dddave on June 28, 2011 at 7:19 AM

Heh, I guess even dumb @$$ Poli Sci types can figure out how much they fail, sometimes.

MNHawk on June 28, 2011 at 7:28 AM

No, no stereotypes. I swear I didn’t look before typing the above

Rob Flaherty
Joined November 2009

I’m a Freshman Television-Radio and Politics major at Ithaca College in Ithaca, NY. What do I want to do with all of this educating? Not honestly sure. I have four years to figure it out, I suppose, so get back to me then.

Yes, fail.

MNHawk on June 28, 2011 at 7:30 AM

I don’t think this is the correct analysis of the evils of Obamacare. It misdirects us from how Obamacare hurts 20 year olds. Given recent trends, 75cents worth of future health care is likely to better than a $1 worth of health care today. It all comes down to how much free enterprise and possibility for innovation is left under Obamacare. Apparently there is still a little. But if there were more free enterprise and possibility for innovation than under Obamacare, the young today would be better off, because the value for price would be even better.

thuja on June 28, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Stick a fork in crr6, she’s done with that comment!

fossten on June 28, 2011 at 12:04 AM

You guys are so full of sh*t about that, and you know it. The only way you can get away with parroting the “Republicans are the party of civil rights” line is here, and among like-minded morons.

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:10 AM

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:28 AM

AND THAT’S THE BALLGAME!

Do I know this troll, or do I KNOW this troll!

fossten on June 28, 2011 at 8:03 AM

I’m a Democrat because they told me this meeting would have free pizza.

bitsy on June 28, 2011 at 8:03 AM

crr6 is a Democrat because that’s the party of insufferable douchebags.

gwelf on June 28, 2011 at 8:12 AM

crr6 is that bleached blonde at the bar in the restaurant in the muffin top jeans with too much make up making catty remarks to her friend about the other women, not relaizing they saw her when they came in and dismissed her for what she is.

That aside, as the northern states started to feel the effects of union money in politics and restrictive regulation and tax burdens started to take their toll, people who didn’t want that or lost jobs as this poor economic model started to leak jobs moved south to right to work states. They voted for those who kept taxes low who tended to be Republicans. Your grasp of history is as bad as your politics. That “southern strategy” worked so well for Nixon he won 49 states. It worked so well for Nixon, Reagan did the same thing in ’84. Democrats have been and still are the party of oppression. Everyone in their neat little box and don’t you dare get out of it. The Party will tell you what to think, who to attack and what to say.

gitarfan on June 28, 2011 at 8:18 AM

Don’t let crr6 derail threads.

Here allahpundit set up a great thread about how dumb college Democrats are because the policies they supposedly support screw them over (and make Bernie Madoff look like a petty thief) – they are naive and are liberals for entirely emotional and illogical reasons (like the erroneous belief that liberal policies actually help relieve suffering).

gwelf on June 28, 2011 at 8:23 AM

crr6

Because your med nurse is running late?

xblade on June 28, 2011 at 2:24 AM

Okay that thar is funny, I don’t care what no one sayz.

Dr Evil on June 28, 2011 at 8:26 AM

I am a Democrat because kittens are cute, and also, I like Skittles. Taste the Rainbow!

bitsy on June 28, 2011 at 8:32 AM

I am a Democrat because Lord Voldemort is a Republican.

bitsy on June 28, 2011 at 8:47 AM

I am a Democrat because green is my favorite color.

bitsy on June 28, 2011 at 8:47 AM

I am a Democrate because I want more women in public office… but not that Sarah Palin person. She’s icky.

bitsy on June 28, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Or looking at this boy, who looks all of 13…

I am a Democrat because they promised me free zit cream.

MNHawk on June 28, 2011 at 8:55 AM

I’m a Democrat because when the idiocy of my political party with it’s adolescent philosophy and predictably juvenile supporters have been nailed, I troll conservative websites to try to change the subject.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on June 28, 2011 at 8:56 AM

I’m a Democrat because I have an irrational fear of individual failure. This way I can blame someone else.

TturnP on June 28, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Because republican women dont put out?

Count to 10 on June 28, 2011 at 9:14 AM

They are in debt up to their eyeballs and don’t even know it. Ignorance is bliss after all.

Kissmygrits on June 28, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Wow, they must have become so embarrassed they took it down, link goes here;

If I were that stupid, I would not want to advertise it either…..hummm BUT if, you are that stupid are you smart enough to know that? hahahahaha

imperator on June 28, 2011 at 9:30 AM

I’m a Democrat because being a Democrat means I get a free bus ride to the polls on election day, and free cigarettes.

Why, in 2008, I went to the polls 3 times to vote for 0bama, and each time I got a free pack of smokes! What a deal!

UltimateBob on June 28, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Wonder why they took the video off YouTube. The pain and humiliation of ridicule?

SukieTawdry on June 28, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Any kid in school is going to plead that they are a democrat thats been spoon fed from birth until the real world bites their first, paycheck, rent, utility bill, mortgage, school taxes, medical, and insurance bills. No wonder they fly back to mom and dad and live in the cellar waiting for that spoon to appear again.

mixplix on June 28, 2011 at 10:50 AM

clancy_wiggum on June 28, 2011 at 4:13 AM

therightscoop.com has another copy. Follow the Glenn Beck link.

SukieTawdry on June 28, 2011 at 10:56 AM

I’m a conservative because I think that I can care for myself an my family better than the government.

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 10:39 PM
Join the others in the dunce corner.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I know Bishop is correct in his summation that no matter how reasonable an argument is, she will never accept it bcs it’s stupid & dumb & blah blah blah.
It’s really quite simple & the emboldened phrase above is not hard to understand.
It is not the govt’s job to care for citizens from the cradle to the grave with social programs that make citizens dependant & unproductive.
Rather, it is the govt’s job to work within the limits of the Const. & leave the rest to the states.
And that is all.
Happiness is not a right.
Only the pursuit of it is.
You are free to make yourself miserable, happy,rich, or poor.
And that is all.

Badger40 on June 28, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Democrats/Liberals erroneously believe the govt can make people happy & safe by stealing from one group & giving to another.
All that does is create resentment & hopelessness & laziness.
Mankind is at his best when he is allowed to provide for himself.

Badger40 on June 28, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Something I enjoy telling my liberal friends….MLK was a Republican, and the people blocking the doors to blacks in the South were Democrats, not Republicans. That sudden shift in perception sometimes disorients them.

Geministorm on June 28, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Geministorm on June 28, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Yep, turns them into blubbering fools. Bull Connor was a democratic all his life.

slickwillie2001 on June 28, 2011 at 1:38 PM

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Speaking of being full of shit…maybe you can explain why the racist Democrats would go to the party that had just overwhelmingly voted *FOR* the Civil Rights Act?

mnealtx on June 28, 2011 at 4:46 PM

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:10 AM

You mean like Carter in ’76? Or were you referring to Clinton in ’92 and ’96?

Your grasp of history is miserable. I pity any and all of your future clients (assuming you actually graduate, which would be a tragedy all in itself).

runawayyyy on June 28, 2011 at 6:06 PM

You mean like Carter in ’76? Or were you referring to Clinton in ’92 and ’96?

runawayyyy on June 28, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Hey, little Bammie got a degree, and he’s a dunce.

slickwillie2001 on June 28, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Hey, little Bammie got a degree, and he’s a dunce.

slickwillie2001 on June 28, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Two, in fact. He’s an Ivy League lawyer that doesn’t know the difference between collision and full coverage auto insurance, among other things.

In other words, he’s a brown-nosing glad-hander with zero intellectual curiosity, just like little crr6.

ebrown2 on June 28, 2011 at 11:27 PM