Quotes of the day

posted at 8:30 pm on June 26, 2011 by Allahpundit

“‘Now that we’ve made it here, we’ll make it everywhere,’ said prominent activist Evan Wolfson, who took up the cause of marriage equality as a law student three decades ago…

“The work — as envisioned by leading activists — is a three-pronged strategy unfolding at the state level, in dealings with Congress and the Obama administration, and in the courts where several challenges to the federal ban on gay marriage are pending…

“Brian Brown, president of the conservative National Organization for Marriage, vowed to seek defeat of the New York Republicans who helped the marriage bill pass. He also predicted victory for the amendment to ban gay marriage next year in Minnesota, and said this would belie the claims that the same-sex marriage campaign would inevitably prevail nationwide.

“‘We’ve won every free, fair vote of the people,’ Brown said Saturday. “Backroom deals in Albany are not an indication of what people in this country think about marriage.’”

***
“‘The more that other states recognize the fairness and the importance of passing equal marriage rights, the more likely it is to pass here,’ said Patrick Wojahn, the chairman of the board of the Equality Maryland Foundation, which fought this year’s marriage battle in Annapolis. ‘It’s a matter of it becoming a normal thing. People see it and realize the sky isn’t about to fall.’…

“‘I think you’re going to see an evolution toward this position on all levels,’ Cuomo said in a possible reference to the White House’s contention that President Barack Obama’s own views on gay marriage — he opposes it but favors civil unions — are evolving. ‘I think you’re going to see an evolution, and I think you’re going to see a rapid evolution.’…

“Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, said, ‘Rarely have you seen political advocates pushing for this like they did in New York. To me, what’s amazing is that (defenders of traditional marriage) held out as long as they did. Support for traditional marriage is still extremely strong.’…

“‘I think this increases the pressure on Washington and Republicans in particular to defend the Defense of Marriage Act,’ Perkins said Saturday. ‘Without that, the … states that have taken a stand for (traditional) marriage could potentially have that wiped away.’”

***
“Obama’s reluctance to come out for gay marriage seems hugely and willfully inconsistent with what we know about his progressive worldview. And it is odd that the first black president is letting Andrew Cuomo, who pushed through a gay-marriage bill in Albany on Friday night, go down in history as the leader on the front lines of the civil rights issue of our time.

“But for the president, ‘the fierce urgency of now’ applies only to getting checks from the gay community, not getting up to speed with all the Americans who think it’s time for gay marriage.

“As with ‘Don’t ask, don’t tell,’ Obama is not leading the public, he’s following. And worse, the young, hip black president who was swept in on a gust of change, audacity and hope is lagging behind a couple of old, white conservatives — Dick Cheney and Ted Olson.”

***
“Without even bothering to look it up, I know that some people opposing gay marriage argued at some point that gay marriage in some states would create a chaotic patchwork of inconsistent marriage laws in the several states, and that gay marriage should be resisted on these grounds. Without looking it up, I know that gay marriage proponents cried hogwash to this concern, and claimed that the states should serve as laboratories of democracy (even court-imposed non-democracy) and certainly the idea of ‘uniformity’ was a trivial and silly matter that should not be used as a basis of argumentation.

However, I know this: Now that a small but nontrivial minority of states have implemented gay marriage, the gay marriage lobby will begin to argue that ‘uniformity of marriage laws’ is a paramount consideration, and that we surely cannot tolerate a chaotic patchwork of differing marriage laws in the several states, and of course that means we must have nationwide all-50-states gay marriage…

“It becomes harder and harder to believe anything gay marriage proponents claim about their future agenda when every past claim about their next moves has been false (and false from the moment of utterance).

“The claim is being made that ‘Of course we will not impose gay marriage on religious institutions.’

“Um, yeah. Because you’ve been so upfront and candid with me in the past.”

***
“It seems very quick to you folks in the media but for me it’s been a long struggle – and [now] a great sense of elation and joy. I think it’s the right thing to do, the majority of New Yorkers think it’s the right thing to do and it’s about time that we treat gay and lesbian couples the same way we treat everyone else.

“The first time I debated this bill on the floor I pointed out that two drunk people can get on a plane, fly to Las Vegas, stand in front of an Elvis impersonator and they get to have something that I cannot get from my government. This is not about a seat in your synagogue, it’s not about a pew in your church – this is about a document that the state issues to people, and it issues it every day. And many of my straight colleagues in state government have had this license two or three times. It’s about time that I have the right to have it once.”

***
Via Mediaite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Is there any other country other than Islamic countries in which polygamy is legal?

(I’m not talking about minor-sized groups of people).

INC on June 27, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Why are you so sure that the opposite is bound to happen?

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:17 AM

The same islamic law that allows a man to keep four women as his chattel property, demands that homosexuals be killed.

That’s why, if you knew the slightest bit about islam, you wouldn’t make such absurd comparisons.

That you spout the usual propaganda that redefining marriage won’t result in everything being allowed, is simply the dishonesty inherent to the left.

Rebar on June 27, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Oh LAWD, those crazy BLACK MOBS!!!! Run for the hills!!!

You guys are hysterical!

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Sure, dear. You’d just stand there and pizz your panties.

katy the mean old lady on June 27, 2011 at 12:23 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Looks like the “Gang” has started to really get in the gutter on the Bachmann Headline thread!..

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Oh LAWD, those crazy BLACK MOBS!!!! Run for the hills!!!

You guys are hysterical!

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Thanks for reminding me to go buy a taser tomorrow.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:24 AM

I’ll go check.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 12:25 AM

A marriage of two women is in no meaningful way different than a marriage of a man and a woman.

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:13 AM

What’s so funny is you’ve probably actually convinced yourself to believe that crap.

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Oh LAWD, those crazy BLACK MOBS!!!! Run for the hills!!!

You guys are hysterical!

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:21 AM

We aren’t running pal. We’re checking our ammo.

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Rebar on June 27, 2011 at 12:23 AM

How many years without “everything being allowed” will have to pass before you eat those words? 20 years? 40 years? I’ve got at least 50, should I make it to the average American lifespan; shall we place a friendly wager? I only ask because you have no actual evidence to support your claim, and so I assume you’re just going on a wild guess. What’ll it be? $5,000 a year for every year that you’re still not allowed to marry your sister?

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:28 AM

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:13 AM

You’re parents aught to be ashamed of themselves for failing to teach you the birds and the bees.

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 12:29 AM

My heart goes out to you. It would probably be next to impossible to ask your parents to relocate, but try.

katy the mean old lady on June 27, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I’ve tried, they won’t leave. One boy, one mower, one snow blower that was turned into the American dream for over 25 years. I’ve never quit anything in my life and feel like a failure.

Knucklehead on June 27, 2011 at 12:30 AM

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 12:26 AM

No one’s put up an argument for why anyone should believe otherwise. Why shouldn’t I believe that?

We aren’t running pal. We’re checking our ammo.

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Yeah? How long have you been preparing for the black mobs? Have you always found them darkies a bit suspicious, or are you only reacting to the latest news?

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:30 AM

The Left is always telling us that we shouldn’t do anything to incite Muslims, that we shouldn’t burn Korans and at Gitmo we have to have our soldiers wear white gloves and bow to their “religion”, etc, yet the Left is allowed to support any anti-Islam issue they want like “gay” marriage, sleazy movies, and abortion. We should start telling them that it’ll incite Muslim terrorists against us, lol!

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 27, 2011 at 12:30 AM

True. And after that, the “activists” will move to redefine “consenting” and “adult” until sex with children and animals is legalized.

TugboatPhil on June 26, 2011 at 9:55 PM

I think so, too. May be waaaaay down the line, but I don’t think they’ll have too much trouble in what will probably be a society where Libtards, atheists and perverts will be the majortiy, using the biological argument that an individual is old enough to produce gametes, they should be old enough to engage in sexual activity…so for some kids that could be as low as what-eleven?

Then after that they’ll work on the pre-pubescents; you know, the whole Freudian Oedipal and Electra complex thing.

A nudge here, a bump there.

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 27, 2011 at 12:32 AM

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 12:29 AM

There are plenty of infertile, or otherwise sexless, marriages. Surely, they are still marriages, even if penetrative sex resulting in pregnancy does not occur. As I said, there is no meaningful difference between the marriage of two women and that of a man and woman.

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:32 AM

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:28 AM

The fact is, every single reason that is given to allow homosexual marriage, can be applied equally for polygamy, close blood marriages, etc.

Every. Single. One. Exactly. The. Same.

And they will be.

To say otherwise is simply a lie.

Rebar on June 27, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Peoria, Illinois Mob Yells “Kill All The White People”

“When you have the police commander of chicago at a all black church saying Tea Party’s are bigots, when you have newspapers accross the country ignoring the fact that all these attacks are “black on white” or the fact that all the participants are black. We have a problem in this country. I would advise anyone who is a law abiding citizen to carry a gun to protect yourself. We are going to go into Wild West Territory for a while to come. The inmates are running the prison right now, and the head inmate is the president of the united states right now. With our President Leading by example (don’t follow the law) this is what we get in the ol US oF A.”

HalJordan on June 27, 2011 at 12:33 AM

ernesto,

You’ve got two running trains of thoughts that are derailing on lack of knowledge.

There has been quite a bit in the news about black “flash mobs” that descend on a store to steal and about black thugs that intimidate and beat people up.

The other is that men and women are different.

INC on June 27, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Knucklehead on June 27, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Aslans Girl on June 27, 2011 at 12:30 AM

You need to go see what some of the “Gang” posts in the Michele Bachmann Headlines thread..

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:36 AM

I only ask because you have no actual evidence to support your claim

I haven’t been following the argument but I don’t think the people are required to meet an impossible burden of evidence just to preserve their culture. Aren’t you multi-cultural, Ernesto? Don’t American’s have a right to preserve their culture too?

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 12:37 AM

And they will be.

To say otherwise is simply a lie.

Rebar on June 27, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Except, of course, that they won’t be. Like I said before, are you willing to put something tangible down on this? How about $5,000 a year, for every year that it’s still illegal to marry your sister. Please, you have to be willing to put your money where your mouth is. Don’t be such a coward. You know those arguments aren’t coming; you know marrying your sister or your dog wil remain illegal. Put up or shut up.

INC on June 27, 2011 at 12:36 AM

I know more Italian and Irish thugs that intimidate and beat people up, but you don’t hear me sounding militia alarms like some of the wackos here.

And as for men and women being different, as far as marriage is concerned, the difference is like that between a persian cat and a slightly darker persian cat.

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:40 AM

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 12:37 AM

Multi-culti think that the only heritage that Americans have has been stolen from their cultures.

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:36 AM

I saw a little. Between last night and tonight, my stomach has had its full of unseen and gang; but I did “wade” into the muck to set the record straight about one thing.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 27, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Knucklehead on June 27, 2011 at 12:30 AM

My heart goes out to you. You’ll be in my prayers.

katy the mean old lady on June 27, 2011 at 12:42 AM

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 27, 2011 at 12:30 AM

The left and General David “Holy Qur’an” Petraeus.

HalJordan on June 27, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Don’t American’s have a right to preserve their culture too, Ernesto?

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:36 AM

I went over and eyeballed it.
How the discourse has fallen here.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 12:44 AM

In mobs of 50+ while looting innocent store owners?

Your full of s#it and ignorant to boot.

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Knuck: You’re NOT a failure.
You’re a strong conservative broad…and my friend.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 12:46 AM

In mobs of 50+ while looting innocent store owners?

Your full of s#it and ignorant to boot.

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Mobs 30 deep, mostly italian, coming into a more irish block to smash a few windows, maybe grab some beers, trying to bait the irish crew out into a brawl. Happened quite a bit.

You never answered my question, though. How long have you been preparing for black mobs? Have you always been suspicious of the black chappies, or are you just now reacting to the news by stocking up on ammo?

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:48 AM

Knucklehead on June 27, 2011 at 12:30 AM

I’m betting that you feel worse for your employees than you do for yourself.

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 12:48 AM

Chicks on the Right – More From The Firecracker That Is Ann Barnhardt

iOTW: What do you think of General Petraeus and his assertion that inciting Islam puts our soldiers in harm’s way?

Ann: “I have an offer for General Petraeus. I’ll GIVE him one of my balls. Then I’d still have two, and he would have one. He is a politicking coward who cares only about his pension and cashing in on his rank after he retires. The suicidal, defeatist Rules of Engagement he oversees are the unequivocal proof of that. He should resign in disgrace – yesterday, and then present himself to each and every family of our war dead and BEG their forgiveness for failing in his duty as their son or daughter’s commanding officer.”

HalJordan on June 27, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Aslans Girl on June 27, 2011 at 12:42 AM

I understand..But they have crossed the line about Michele Bachmann and her Foster Children..

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Except, of course, that they won’t be.

-ernesto

You can see the future now? This was said about gay marriage. You knew that, didn’t you?

rihar on June 27, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Don’t American’s have a right to preserve their culture too, Ernesto?

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 12:44 AM

You can try, but in this instance you’ll lose, just like the people who thought preventing interracial marriage was just “protecting American culture” lost.

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:50 AM

HalJordan on June 27, 2011 at 12:44 AM

If only it were just them. But it’s “our” side, too. Prominent Republican politicians and candidates for POTUS and some “conservative” voters as well. There aren’t enough Ann Barnhadts in this country.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 27, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Aslans Girl on June 27, 2011 at 12:42 AM

The usual crowd was acting true to form-but mnhawk(who’s not a new commentor if I remember correctly) was being a real gem.
///

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Put up or shut up.

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:40 AM

What, are you johngalt23′s sock puppet?

You really think I’d give some lunatic leftist my real name and address for some silly online bet, or any reason whatsoever? Dream on.

Don’t be a coward – admit that every single excuse for homosexual marriage applies equally to polygamy and close relative marriage. Prove that leftists don’t always lie.

Rebar on June 27, 2011 at 12:52 AM

rihar on June 27, 2011 at 12:50 AM

$5,000 a year for every year its still illegal to marry your sister. When the law changes, I’ll pay you $5,000 every year until it’s repealed. I’ll sign. Will you?

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:52 AM

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:48 AM

I grew up with blacks and hispanics and went to school with them. I know scum of all stripes and lived through the riots of the 60′s and 70′s. I have black family members and was married to an hispanic woman. Race card don’t work on me.

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:49 AM

I don’t want to have to search.
What page…please.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 12:53 AM

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:52 AM

You haven’t responded to either of my questions. Stay focused.

rihar on June 27, 2011 at 12:54 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 12:53 AM

I just reposted it!..Should be an easy find!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Rebar on June 27, 2011 at 12:52 AM

As for the arguments themselves, close relative marriage involves a potential to do fatal harm to others (birth defects), and so will never be acceptable. I’m actually in favor of legalizing polygamy, though, so you’ll find no argument against it from me. Either way, you’ll never be able to marry your sister, or your dog.

Now will you put your money where your mouth is or not? You keep telling me the arguments WILL be used to make it legal to marry your sister. I am telling you they will not. I’m willing to put $5,000 a year on this, and you aren’t, because you know you’re full of sh*t.

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Knucklehead on June 27, 2011 at 12:30 AM

The financial woes this WH has helped precipitate has also taken an emotional toll on so many, many people. Rather than doing anything that’s helpful–or at least neutral–BHO & his minions have made the load heavier. That’s evil. No other word will describe their wanton disregard of the consequences of their actions on people’s lives.

You’re not a failure–you’re just in a very tough spot. I really feel for you.

INC on June 27, 2011 at 12:56 AM

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Except here you are, stocking up ammo in anticipation of the black mob coming for you. Let’s hope they don’t use a dominican sneak attack to get past your hispanic cred!

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:57 AM

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:50 AM

If you had compared it to slavery it would have had more impact, as in none. This isn’t at all equivelent to interracial dating. Nobody is preventing two men or two women from dating. As usual with the straw men, I see. You never change, Ernesto.

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 12:57 AM

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:55 AM

You ARE johngalt23!!!

Isn’t it against the Hot Air terms of agreement to have more than one account?

Rebar on June 27, 2011 at 12:58 AM

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Who is :

Rebar on June 27, 2011 at 12:52 AM

?

Are you making up people to respond to when you don’t want to answer questions?

rihar on June 27, 2011 at 12:59 AM

Oh there he is, nevermind. You still haven’t answered my questions.

rihar on June 27, 2011 at 12:59 AM

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Who’s fault is it that there are mobs of black people looting stores in the news all the time?

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 1:01 AM

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Interracial MARRIAGE. The laws were against interracial MARRIAGE. 90% of America was against interracial MARRIAGE. You’re deflecting, and poorly.

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:01 AM

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Since stories of black mobs looting stores AREN’T in the news all the time, I’m gonna go ahead and say “no one’s”

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:02 AM

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Whatever, it doesn’t change the birds and the bees.

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 1:03 AM

ernsesto I have a solution for you. You’re convinced your “bet” will win your argument for you. Good for you! I’m sure you’ll have one or two gamblers on this site who are willing to take you up on it.

Here’s all you have to do:
Post your personal information here, including actual name, phone number, email, and address.

That way people can send you your winnings. Otherwise you’re just another anonymous commenter with no real conviction.

But that’s not you, right?

rihar on June 27, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Whatever, it doesn’t change the birds and the bees.

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Doesn’t make the birds and the bees relevant to marriage, though. Face it, without the silly bible, you have no actual reason for denying gay people the right to form familial units in the eyes of the law. Just accept it, and either decide that you oppose gayness in all its forms, or get over it.

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:06 AM

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Then the videos everybody has seen of gangs of black people looting stores were forgeries?

Anyway, the answer I was hoping you would make is that it was the fault of the people who looted the stores, or perhaps the negative cultural influences in their lives, to which my response would have been, “Then it’s not Darwin-T’s fault.”

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 1:06 AM

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Well, each person is individually responsible, but I’d also add that this WH and its administration have certainly stirred things up and played the race card as much as they could. The members of the mob have also seen Holder let the Black Panthers of Philly get away with voter intimidation.

In this WH and throughout much of Congress there is contempt for obeying the law. If there is any penalty, it’s usually only a slap on the wrist.

There’s also a total disregard for the truth and a total abdication of responsibility.

So, you’ve got a bunch of thugs ready to steal who don’t fear the law anymore–and they act accordingly.

INC on June 27, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Doesn’t make the birds and the bees relevant to marriage

Of course it does.

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 1:07 AM

rihar on June 27, 2011 at 1:05 AM

The minute someone takes me up on the offer. Will you?

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:07 AM

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 1:06 AM

How many videos? I haven’t seen any, nor have I heard of any black mobs where I live. I happen to live in a city with quite a few black people, but I haven’t seen anything like that.

Of course it does.

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 1:07 AM

How? Are 85 year old married couples not actually married, because one can’t get it up? Are infertile couples not really married because they cannot have children? Are sexless marriages not really marriages?

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:10 AM

The minute someone takes me up on the offer. Will you?

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Oh I see. “You go first” is it? It’s your offer. Consider your personal information an act of faith on your part and I’m sure people will take you seriously. Right now, no one does. With good reason.

rihar on June 27, 2011 at 1:11 AM

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 1:01 AM

I will stand with my brothers. Clearly it is the fault of the honkies … and the Tea Party … and Sarah Palin. – Eric Holder

Those white people must have been acting stupidly and must have brought it on themselves. – Barack Hussein Obama

Global Warming is causing my fellow white people to provoke the downtrodden. – Al Gore

HalJordan on June 27, 2011 at 1:11 AM

I just reposted it!..Should be an easy find!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Nope-not seeing it. Btw: Look’s like idesign was having an adventure in plagiarism today.
My mother’s a retired newspaper ‘stringer’ and was an award-winning college newspaper editor mid-late 1980′s.
That crap STILL won’t fly with her.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 1:13 AM

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Why, I cannot find one actual news source for these black mobs, only conservative militia blogs.

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:13 AM

How many videos?

Seems like I’ve seen two or more and have read that this is growing phenomenon that is a particular problem in Chicago, but will probably spread since the country is basically in a state of anarchy right now.

I haven’t seen any

You haven’t seen the video’s? Well look, dude, if you’re ill informed what are you doing here accusing people of things about which you know nothing about?

FloatingRock on June 27, 2011 at 1:14 AM

These black mobs must have had their understandable passions worked up by someone disrespecting them. – General Petraues

HalJordan on June 27, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Its not the marriage, its the agenda, and its all bad.

Speakup on June 27, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Why, I cannot find one actual news [MSM] source for these black mobs, only conservative militia blogs.

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:13 AM

This should tell you something, but if you haven’t figured it out by now, you probably never will.

BTW, since when did you give all these conservative blogs “militia” status?

HalJordan on June 27, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Its not the marriage, its the agenda, and its all bad.

Speakup on June 27, 2011 at 1:17 AM

There’s nothing bad about it at all, unless you happen to disapprove of gay people, in which case no one cares what you think anyway.

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Oh LAWD, those crazy BLACK MOBS!!!! Run for the hills!!!

You guys are hysterical!

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:21 AM

ernesto:Are you sure,you don’t want to walk back your
comment!
====================

Teenage gang charged under lynching law after ‘savage attack on 18-year-old student
Last updated at 3:01 AM on 26th June 2011
******************************************
******************************************
*Student so badly injured his mother almost didn’t recognise him

*Youngest member of gang is just 13
————————————–

Four members of a teenage gang have been charged under a state’s lynching law after allegedly beating an 18-year-old student so badly he required facial reconstruction surgery.
South Carolina prosecutors have charged the boys with second-degree assault and battery by mob, a crime which until last year was known as lynching.
The eight members of the gang, the youngest of whom is just 13, allegedly set upon Carter Strange in a parking lot as he jogged back to his home in Columbia.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2008252/Teenage-gang-charged-lynching-law-savage-attack-18-year-old-student.html#ixzz1QS0aS4KE
===================================

Gang of black men Charged Under Former Lynching Law in White Teen’s Beating
Added: 4 hours ago Occurred On: Jun-26-2011
********************************************

canopfor on June 27, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Oh LAWD, those crazy BLACK MOBS!!!! Run for the hills!!!

You guys are hysterical!

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Why don’t you go into some of these areas and then report back to us.

HalJordan on June 27, 2011 at 1:24 AM

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:13 AM

canopfor on June 27, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Good gravy canopfor! The Daily Mail is a conservative militia blog?

rihar on June 27, 2011 at 1:24 AM

BTW, since when did you give all these conservative blogs “militia” status?

HalJordan on June 27, 2011 at 1:20 AM

HA hasn’t covered the story. Neither have any of the other conservative political blogs. Only the crazy militia blogs have writeups on black mobs.

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:24 AM

Why don’t you go into some of these areas and then report back to us.

HalJordan on June 27, 2011 at 1:24 AM

What makes you think me and my family don’t live in them?

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:25 AM

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Earth to Ernesto – by and large, black people much more disapprove of Gays than do white people, especially if the Gays are also white, and their disapproval is much more likely to rise beyond a verbal level.

HalJordan on June 27, 2011 at 1:27 AM

canopfor on June 27, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Looks kinda like this story, that none of you cared about

Either way, one kid getting jumped is hardly evidence of black mobs coming for all of you.

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:28 AM

canopfor on June 27, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Have you seen this!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Good gravy canopfor! The Daily Mail is a conservative militia blog?

rihar on June 27, 2011 at 1:24 AM

rihar:Tongue in cheek,could be.Its al over the place,I
caught this off LiveLeak,then googled it,for a
news source!

canopfor on June 27, 2011 at 1:28 AM

What makes you think me and my family don’t live in them?

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:25 AM

You live in Peoria?

HalJordan on June 27, 2011 at 1:28 AM

INC on June 27, 2011 at 1:27 AM

These look like muggings, typical ghetto stuff. Since when is this referred to as a “black mob”? People getting their iPod’s ripped away from them happens all the time.

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:30 AM

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:24 AM

HA avoids covering a lot of things and you must be willfully blind.

HalJordan on June 27, 2011 at 1:30 AM

typical ghetto stuff. ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:30 AM

RACIST!

rihar on June 27, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Here are multiple stories just from Chicago: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/06/23/teen-mob-hits-walgreens-off-the-mag-mile-steals/

INC on June 27, 2011 at 1:27 AM

DAY-UM! That Walgreen’s is across the street from Water Tower Place.
The nice thing about living here-as opposed to the So. ‘Burbs-is that I don’t know who’s packing heat…and neither do the bad guys.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 1:32 AM

So ernesto, have you developed some kind of shock induced blindness to all of INC’s comments and links?

HalJordan on June 27, 2011 at 1:32 AM

FOX News has a roundup:

Teenage Flash Mob Robberies on the Rise

ernesto, it’s all there if you bother to read the links.

INC on June 27, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Have you seen this!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 1:28 AM

I’m e-mailing that video to my husband’s work(railroad) e-mail!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 1:34 AM

canopfor on June 27, 2011 at 1:21 AM
========================
Looks kinda like this story, that none of you cared about

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:28 AM

ernesto:

Its a new story,and stop with the gay thingy story,you mentioned(Oh LAWD, those crazy BLACK MOBS!!!! Run for the hills!!!),

try to stay on (your)point,besides,it was to prove you wrong,
anywho,toot-aloo!

canopfor on June 27, 2011 at 1:34 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 1:32 AM

That location caught my eye as well. I lived in the Chicago area years and years ago–I don’t know the Walgreens, but I knew the Magnificent Mile.

INC on June 27, 2011 at 1:35 AM

People getting their iPod’s ripped away from them happens all the time.

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 1:30 AM

Must make it OK then. And if they need to go to the ER as a result, well that’s the way the ball bounces. Gay Bashing happens ‘all the time’ too (just ask ernesto), so must also be OK.

HalJordan on June 27, 2011 at 1:36 AM

HalJordan on June 27, 2011 at 1:32 AM

INC on June 27, 2011 at 1:36 AM

ernesto, it’s all there if you bother to read the links.

INC on June 27, 2011 at 1:33 AM

ernesto has a mind like a steel trap – closed.

HalJordan on June 27, 2011 at 1:37 AM

canopfor on June 27, 2011 at 1:21 AM
=============
Have you seen this!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Dire Straits:Yup,got done blow’n off the tracks,pretty
cool!:)