Quotes of the day

posted at 8:30 pm on June 26, 2011 by Allahpundit

“‘Now that we’ve made it here, we’ll make it everywhere,’ said prominent activist Evan Wolfson, who took up the cause of marriage equality as a law student three decades ago…

“The work — as envisioned by leading activists — is a three-pronged strategy unfolding at the state level, in dealings with Congress and the Obama administration, and in the courts where several challenges to the federal ban on gay marriage are pending…

“Brian Brown, president of the conservative National Organization for Marriage, vowed to seek defeat of the New York Republicans who helped the marriage bill pass. He also predicted victory for the amendment to ban gay marriage next year in Minnesota, and said this would belie the claims that the same-sex marriage campaign would inevitably prevail nationwide.

“‘We’ve won every free, fair vote of the people,’ Brown said Saturday. “Backroom deals in Albany are not an indication of what people in this country think about marriage.’”

***
“‘The more that other states recognize the fairness and the importance of passing equal marriage rights, the more likely it is to pass here,’ said Patrick Wojahn, the chairman of the board of the Equality Maryland Foundation, which fought this year’s marriage battle in Annapolis. ‘It’s a matter of it becoming a normal thing. People see it and realize the sky isn’t about to fall.’…

“‘I think you’re going to see an evolution toward this position on all levels,’ Cuomo said in a possible reference to the White House’s contention that President Barack Obama’s own views on gay marriage — he opposes it but favors civil unions — are evolving. ‘I think you’re going to see an evolution, and I think you’re going to see a rapid evolution.’…

“Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, said, ‘Rarely have you seen political advocates pushing for this like they did in New York. To me, what’s amazing is that (defenders of traditional marriage) held out as long as they did. Support for traditional marriage is still extremely strong.’…

“‘I think this increases the pressure on Washington and Republicans in particular to defend the Defense of Marriage Act,’ Perkins said Saturday. ‘Without that, the … states that have taken a stand for (traditional) marriage could potentially have that wiped away.’”

***
“Obama’s reluctance to come out for gay marriage seems hugely and willfully inconsistent with what we know about his progressive worldview. And it is odd that the first black president is letting Andrew Cuomo, who pushed through a gay-marriage bill in Albany on Friday night, go down in history as the leader on the front lines of the civil rights issue of our time.

“But for the president, ‘the fierce urgency of now’ applies only to getting checks from the gay community, not getting up to speed with all the Americans who think it’s time for gay marriage.

“As with ‘Don’t ask, don’t tell,’ Obama is not leading the public, he’s following. And worse, the young, hip black president who was swept in on a gust of change, audacity and hope is lagging behind a couple of old, white conservatives — Dick Cheney and Ted Olson.”

***
“Without even bothering to look it up, I know that some people opposing gay marriage argued at some point that gay marriage in some states would create a chaotic patchwork of inconsistent marriage laws in the several states, and that gay marriage should be resisted on these grounds. Without looking it up, I know that gay marriage proponents cried hogwash to this concern, and claimed that the states should serve as laboratories of democracy (even court-imposed non-democracy) and certainly the idea of ‘uniformity’ was a trivial and silly matter that should not be used as a basis of argumentation.

However, I know this: Now that a small but nontrivial minority of states have implemented gay marriage, the gay marriage lobby will begin to argue that ‘uniformity of marriage laws’ is a paramount consideration, and that we surely cannot tolerate a chaotic patchwork of differing marriage laws in the several states, and of course that means we must have nationwide all-50-states gay marriage…

“It becomes harder and harder to believe anything gay marriage proponents claim about their future agenda when every past claim about their next moves has been false (and false from the moment of utterance).

“The claim is being made that ‘Of course we will not impose gay marriage on religious institutions.’

“Um, yeah. Because you’ve been so upfront and candid with me in the past.”

***
“It seems very quick to you folks in the media but for me it’s been a long struggle – and [now] a great sense of elation and joy. I think it’s the right thing to do, the majority of New Yorkers think it’s the right thing to do and it’s about time that we treat gay and lesbian couples the same way we treat everyone else.

“The first time I debated this bill on the floor I pointed out that two drunk people can get on a plane, fly to Las Vegas, stand in front of an Elvis impersonator and they get to have something that I cannot get from my government. This is not about a seat in your synagogue, it’s not about a pew in your church – this is about a document that the state issues to people, and it issues it every day. And many of my straight colleagues in state government have had this license two or three times. It’s about time that I have the right to have it once.”

***
Via Mediaite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

We are getting a thunderstorm from hell right now. Just what the Mighty Missouri needs for it’s swollen banks…
Pray for us…

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 9:51 PM

OmahaConservative:I have,had my Radar Map up,for the last
few hours!:)
====================================

Wheather:Storm Tracker Radar
****************************

Cloud Cover(GOES Satellites)
*****************************

College of DuPage Meteorology
Severe Weather and Flash Flood Warnings
****************************************

************

canopfor on June 26, 2011 at 10:11 PM

absolutely. I’d want my child to know how the world works, not ignorant of things I don’t agree with.

mythicknight on June 26, 2011 at 10:01 PM

I don’t want my child to learn the world upside down. There is an appropriate age for everything. The lefties are stomping our value systems.

antisocial on June 26, 2011 at 10:12 PM

canopfor on June 26, 2011 at 10:11 PM

This is an evil storm we don’t need right now…

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:14 PM

“Bisexual men sue gay softball event after being disqualified for ‘not being gay enough’”

Seven Percent Solution on June 26, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Apparently, the ever-so-tolerant gays are not so tolerant after all.

GrannyDee on June 26, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Now that’s just crazy talk…!

Seven Percent Solution on June 26, 2011 at 9:43 PM

My favorite line in there was they won’t stop the boycott until the guy publicly apologizes. FOR WHAT? For contributing to a cause he believes in? How dare he express his freedom in AMERICA!

gophergirl on June 26, 2011 at 10:14 PM

I am against gay marriage but how is DOMA not a violation of the full faith and credit clause in the Constitution?

terryannonline on June 26, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Reading, writing, math, basic sciences, chemistry, the rest is my problem.

Bishop on June 26, 2011 at 10:07 PM

+ One Trillion.

Cindy Munford on June 26, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Even before gay “marriage” (sic) was legalized, perverted teachers of kindergarten and first graders would have their students of the same sex pretend to get married, in the name of “tolerance” and “diversity”. What these dismal teachers will thrust upon their unsuspecting charges now that this is legalized is too horrific to contemplate.
Second, I read about the first gay marriage proposals and debates of the ACLU gay rights project, and the consensus was that getting gay marriage would be just the opening to inverting and subverting the entire institution of monogamous marriage into an open marriage open partner situation; and the second tactic would be to enforce hate crime and anti discrimination laws against the majority who believed in traditional marriages. Although the NYS law claims to have some type of religious exemption, if that is only for religious institutions/pastors,and not for protection of individual New Yorker’s religious beliefs, then it will be meaningless. Moreover, depending on how the exemption was written, a person “discriminating” against a gay married couple, could be found guilty of discrimination based upon marital status or sexual orientation. The heavy hammer of New York state will soon come down on those trying to uphold millennium tested traditions.
As for the argument that anyone could go to Vegas to get married, well that is an argument AGAINST gay marriage. The fact that liberals and progressives have so disemboweled the meaning of marriage, does not mean we should put a stake through its heart.
Last, since most gay men cannot or will not be monogamous (SF studies showed gay men having 1500 sex partners a year), how will the divorce courts deal with these sham marriages?

eaglewingz08 on June 26, 2011 at 10:16 PM

mythicknight on June 26, 2011 at 10:01 PM

American parent have the right to decide when it is appropriate for their children to hear of such matters, in accordance with their own beliefs.

kingsjester on June 26, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Things out of the ordinary will require teachers to give explanations.

Kids will be kids.

profitsbeard on June 26, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Kids are coming to school from various caregivers–single moms, step-parents, grand moms, etc. Teachers seem to avoid detailed discussions with the kids on the legal bond between the guardians at home. The legal agreement between gay couples is a minor aspect of this substantial decade’s long change in family structure.

dedalus on June 26, 2011 at 10:17 PM

I lugged several sixty LB. sandbags after Divine Service today. Hard to do as a fifty six year old smoker…

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Wonderful. Tornado warnings are being announced.

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:22 PM

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:18 PM

You’re in my prayers, buddy.

kingsjester on June 26, 2011 at 10:22 PM

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:18 PM

My prayers for you and others in your area. For me, it will be an annoyance, but I don’t live anywhere near a major tributay. Flooding of that magnitude will not be an issue. Hang in there.

predator on June 26, 2011 at 10:23 PM

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:18 PM

I hear you..That was cool that you helped..Looks like it is going to get bad??..:(

Dire Straits on June 26, 2011 at 10:24 PM

kingsjester on June 26, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Very good post!..:)

Dire Straits on June 26, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Dire Straits on June 26, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Thank you!

kingsjester on June 26, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Anybody heard any info on TXmomof3?..:)

Dire Straits on June 26, 2011 at 10:28 PM

kingsjester on June 26, 2011 at 10:26 PM

You made a good point!..:)

Dire Straits on June 26, 2011 at 10:29 PM

We are so screwed. Please keep us in your prayers. God is still good, but nature can suck…

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:30 PM

canopfor on June 26, 2011 at 10:11 PM
This is an evil storm we don’t need right now…

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:14 PM

OmahaConservative:Evil Storm from hell,all right,I had
Storm Tracker up last night as well,
and the thing that is so wierd,is it
looks like the same system,only stronger!
============================================================

Heres another site I use!:)

Omaha-Valley Radar
******************

Omaha, NE Radar(NOAA)
*********************

*********(H5)(W5)(P7)Tornado on Weather Underground
site,and two more,scroll down,WOW,47,000-53,000 feet),
thats 9 to 10 miles straight up!!!!

canopfor on June 26, 2011 at 10:32 PM

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Hang in there friend..We are praying for you all..Keep us posted!..:)

PS..I wonder if the Chicago Jesus is going to ignore these Floods?..

Dire Straits on June 26, 2011 at 10:33 PM

PS..I wonder if the Chicago Jesus is going to ignore these Floods?..

Dire Straits on June 26, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Of course he will. We are flyover country…

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:35 PM

This is another step in the wrong direction, America. We have to return to our Judeo-Christian heritage and start fearing God again. This moral relativism could very well be the end of this great republic.

Pawlenty, the new Lunesta on June 26, 2011 at 10:37 PM

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:30 PM

You are, He is, and it does. But real strength comes from within, within, within. Bless you and yours on this night.

TXUS on June 26, 2011 at 10:41 PM

G’night all. 3 AM will come early.
FLASH FLOODS are a’comin’

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Of course he will. We are flyover country…

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:35 PM

OmahaConservative:Two more Tornadoes popped up(F4-E5),
btw,where almost exactly are you,City?:)

canopfor on June 26, 2011 at 10:42 PM

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:30 PM

I’m sending good thoughts your way. Those storms are heading into the Chicago area in the early morning.

God what an awful summer this has been. Cold and rainy.

Knucklehead on June 26, 2011 at 10:42 PM

G’night all. 3 AM will come early.
FLASH FLOODS are a’comin’

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:41 PM

OmahaConservative:Nite Omaha,stay safe,keep your Radar Maps
up,you’ll know how close you are to it!:)

canopfor on June 26, 2011 at 10:43 PM

btw,where almost exactly are you,City?:)

canopfor on June 26, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Omahaa.
68131
35th & Harney

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:43 PM

PS..I wonder if the Chicago Jesus is going to ignore these Floods?..

Dire Straits on June 26, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Of course he will. We are flyover country…

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Most likely. Google Glade Springs VA for an example of the capricious nature of The One’s love for his fellow man. The whole goddamn town was flattened and FEMA has twice denied any help whatsoever. That’s cool, though. We volunteers are getting it done and done well, although we’re about to go broke doing it.

One more reason to strengthen states’ rights and downsize the federal beast once and for all.

Prayers for ya, Omaha.

hillbillyjim on June 26, 2011 at 10:46 PM

PS..I wonder if the Chicago Jesus is going to ignore these Floods?..

Dire Straits on June 26, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Dire Straits:It will be blamed on Bush,crap,I mean Bachmann
or Palin,er,or both!(snark):)

canopfor on June 26, 2011 at 10:46 PM

God what an awful summer this has been. Cold and rainy.

Knucklehead on June 26, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Isn’t that the truth.

Crappy winter
Crappy spring
Crappy summer

gophergirl on June 26, 2011 at 10:47 PM

God what an awful summer this has been. Cold and rainy.

Knucklehead on June 26, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Good God, woman. No wonder you’re so damn cranky. You live in Chi-town? Who knew? Prayers for you too.

I keed, I keed.

;>)

hillbillyjim on June 26, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Who knew that OmahaConservative was a city boy?

hillbillyjim on June 26, 2011 at 10:54 PM

PS..I wonder if the Chicago Jesus is going to ignore these Floods?..

Dire Straits on June 26, 2011 at 10:33 PM
Of course he will. We are flyover country…

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:35 PM

He did the same thing to Texas wildfires, the Nashville floods and the BP oil spill. He doesn’t like to lift a finger for any state which doesn’t have a leftist electorate.

TxAnn56 on June 26, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Isn’t that the truth.

Crappy winter
Crappy spring
Crappy summer

gophergirl on June 26, 2011 at 10:47 PM

I’m sitting on my patio in sweats and it’s almost the end of June. The mosquito’s have Delta, Southwest and United Airlines painted on their sides. They are that big.

Knucklehead on June 26, 2011 at 10:57 PM

I don’t know if canopfor has this covered, so I’ll post it anyway:

LinkyDinky for Gubmint RADAR.

hillbillyjim on June 26, 2011 at 10:57 PM

canopfor on June 26, 2011 at 10:42 PM
=============================
Omahaa.
68131
35th & Harney

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 10:43 PM

OmahaConservative:Thanks:)

canopfor on June 26, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Knucklehead on June 26, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Three words:

Target practice.

(Hillbillies can’t count.)

hillbillyjim on June 26, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I spelled it wrong before. Sorry. It’s Glade Spring, VA.

Without the last “s” .

Anyhoo, here’s what FEMA (as in a vindictive Ojesus) said NO to:

Link.

hillbillyjim on June 26, 2011 at 11:04 PM

As i’m a NY state resident i’m sure i must be enlightened,lucky me.

heshtesh on June 26, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Here is my main question that i ask all proponents of gay marriage, and living in the bay area there’s quite a bit of followers.
If gay marriage is allowed which has no historical or religious foundations, then how would you tell a proponent of polygamy, which has both major historical precedents all over the world and also is backed by several religious groups that they cannot have multiple wives?
They clamor for equal rights but have no understanding that once these flood gates are opened then we by extension will be unable to state that marriage can only be between two people. If the definition which has stood for thousands of years of the traditional marriage can be convoluted then there is little to stop further manipulation, and the kicker is under polygamy there is no justice for the women, especially the young.

19thgenamerican on June 26, 2011 at 11:08 PM

hillbillyjim on June 26, 2011 at 11:04 PM

My aunt and uncle (83 years old) live in Ringgold Georgia and lost everything. How do you start over at the age?

Knucklehead on June 26, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Check, check.

Is this thing working?

What a dead night on HA. C’mon, trolls, say something stupid as is your wont and revive this thread.

hillbillyjim on June 26, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Knucklehead on June 26, 2011 at 11:09 PM

There’s no starting over; just hanging on. I’m sorry to hear of their lousy luck. God will see them through, however. They are close to home.

That said, what FEMA has done under OJUGEARS is atrocious. I wish there were a mechanism for him to be prosecuted for his selfish, malicious acts of hate towards everyday plain-ol’ Americans. He deserves no respect, office or no.

hillbillyjim on June 26, 2011 at 11:14 PM

haven’t seen any trolls in a while,hbj, I think maybe they’ve declared “mission accomplished” here and moved on.

predator on June 26, 2011 at 11:14 PM

And now that I’ve devoured my baked chicken quarter and buttered potatoes, I think I’ll have one more beer and hit the rack.

predator on June 26, 2011 at 11:17 PM

I wish gay folks would stop claiming they don’t have the right to marry. They absolutely do – it’s just that the current definition of that contract doesn’t suit their preference.

The most important feature of this event isn’t the few gay folks who will receive papers from the government. It is that now we “traditionalists” are bigots under the law – and all the penalties that implies. I maintain the objective the whole time was not equality, but the destruction of conservative Christianity.

AbaddonsReign on June 26, 2011 at 11:18 PM

“You can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig.” — Barack Obama — Sept. 9, 2008

Paul-Cincy on June 26, 2011 at 9:47 PM

You can put a suit and tie on a jackass, but it’s still a jackass.

slickwillie2001 on June 26, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Where’s blatantblue?

I found a book for him!

hillbillyjim on June 26, 2011 at 11:21 PM

You can put a suit and tie on a jackass, but it’s still a jackass.

slickwillie2001 on June 26, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Got the ears too.

katy the mean old lady on June 26, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Paul-Cincy on June 26, 2011 at 9:47 PM

You can put a suit and tie on a jackass, but it’s still a jackass.

slickwillie2001 on June 26, 2011 at 11:18 PM

You can put a floating turd in the White House and it’s still a floating turd.

hillbillyjim on June 26, 2011 at 11:22 PM

predator on June 26, 2011 at 11:14 PM

They’ve been over run by the bash Bachmann folks.

Knucklehead on June 26, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Got the ears too.

katy the mean old lady on June 26, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Booyah!

We have a winner. Pay the lady.

hillbillyjim on June 26, 2011 at 11:23 PM

They’ve been over run by the bash Bachmann folks.

Knucklehead on June 26, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Or they created what they wanted to create–a Bachmann/Palin rift at this blog and moved on to other targets. Mission accomplished.

predator on June 26, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Knucklehead on June 26, 2011 at 10:57 PM

They are the ones that distract you while the little ones zoom in and suck you dry.

katy the mean old lady on June 26, 2011 at 11:27 PM

TxAnn56 on June 26, 2011 at 10:56 PM

That is so sad to see a POTUS turn on his own folks like this..It is truly sad!..:(

Dire Straits on June 26, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Dire Straits:It will be blamed on Bush,crap,I mean Bachmann
or Palin,er,or both!(snark):)

canopfor on June 26, 2011 at 10:46 PM

You make a good point!..:)

Dire Straits on June 26, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Well, to go OT again, it looks like Omaha is out from under the gun, but only for a while. LINK.

hillbillyjim on June 26, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Most likely. Google Glade Springs VA for an example of the capricious nature of The One’s love for his fellow man. The whole goddamn town was flattened and FEMA has twice denied any help whatsoever. That’s cool, though. We volunteers are getting it done and done well, althoughwe’re about to go broke doing it.

Prayers for ya, Omaha.

hillbillyjim on June 26, 2011 at 10:46 PM

That is inspiring that you all did this ..I’m sure there are plenty of more that are doing it also!..:)

Dire Straits on June 26, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Dire Straits on June 26, 2011 at 11:28 PM

I get the funny feeling that POTUS doesn’t see us as his own folks. Otherwise, explain his behavior.

He’s got a huge chip on his shoulder and an ego to match a WWF Wrestling character.

hillbillyjim on June 26, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Knucklehead on June 26, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Prayers for them..:)

Dire Straits on June 26, 2011 at 11:35 PM

predator on June 26, 2011 at 11:27 PM

They are up in the Bachmann headline thread with the fly swatters, patting themselves on the back.

Knucklehead on June 26, 2011 at 11:36 PM

hillbillyjim on June 26, 2011 at 11:33 PM

You make a good point..We really need to get rid of him in 2012!..:)

Dire Straits on June 26, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Knucklehead on June 26, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Sad bunch for sure..:)

Dire Straits on June 26, 2011 at 11:39 PM

OmahaConservative on June 26, 2011 at 9:51 PM

I joke around a lot in the comments section, but the situation at Fort Calhoun is beyond serious and might be worse than the Gov is letting on. May The Lord Jesus Christ be with you and yours(and all of Nebraska) in this most dark night of the soul. It seems the Midwest has been paying for the sins of DC for well over a year now. Take care and be safe.

abobo on June 26, 2011 at 11:44 PM

He was the only democrat that voted against it. That took a lot of courage, meanwhile 4 Rs caved. I think money probably changed hands.

TxAnn56 on June 26, 2011 at 9:39 PM

I think so, too. Republican Wall Street donors were apparently very much involved.

But the donors in the room — the billionaire Paul Singer, whose son is gay, joined by the hedge fund managers Cliff Asness and Daniel Loeb — had the influence and the money to insulate nervous senators from conservative backlash if they supported the marriage measure. And they were inclined to see the issue as one of personal freedom, consistent with their more libertarian views.

From http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/26/nyregion/the-road-to-gay-marriage-in-new-york.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&hp

Threshing Flora on June 26, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Two more black mobs this weekend on the attack:

Black Youths March in Peoria Screaming, “We Need to Kill All White People!”

Another “Mysterious” Flash Mob Hits Philly Sears Store Stealing Thousands of Dollars of Merchandise

slickwillie2001 on June 26, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Maybe we should have some sort of civilian security force to protect us.

darwin-t on June 26, 2011 at 11:47 PM

slickwillie2001 on June 26, 2011 at 11:36 PM

I’m a little skeptical of the Peoria thing. It’s a blog.
Philly? Yup.
I can feel it coming. Here in Florida we have the castle law.

katy the mean old lady on June 26, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Maybe we should have some sort of civilian security force to protect us.

darwin-t on June 26, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Yeah,right. I’ll stick with Broward County Sheriff’s Office.

katy the mean old lady on June 26, 2011 at 11:49 PM

We’ve won every free, fair vote of the people,’ Brown said Saturday.

That is a good point, considering how often we’re told that the gay-marriage thing is an irresistible steamroller and that anyone who’s in the least bit opposed to it is never going to be elected to anything ever again.

pseudoforce on June 26, 2011 at 11:53 PM

I can feel it coming. Here in Florida we have the castle law.

katy the mean old lady on June 26, 2011 at 11:48 PM

We had another one in Chicago, in downtown, on the Gold Coast on Thursday. I’ve got to get out of here.

Link

Knucklehead on June 26, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Knucklehead on June 26, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Please be careful Knuckhead..Hopefully the police can get this under control..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:00 AM

*****************************

College of DuPage Meteorology
Severe Weather and Flash Flood Warnings
****************************************

************

canopfor on June 26, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Send it to West Texas. We’ve been getting mostly 100+ days-it hit 110 today-and then there’s that little issue of the drought.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:00 AM

I’m out in the south suburbs, it’s worse out here. And our new police chief in Chicago is nutty.

Knucklehead on June 27, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Link

Knucklehead on June 26, 2011 at 11:56 PM

With that going on? Yes you do. Any chance of relocating your business?

katy the mean old lady on June 27, 2011 at 12:03 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Hello alt!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:04 AM

This is from NRO Friday night, but I just saw it:

One of the facts about tonight’s debate over same-sex marriage that will be neglected in the adulatory coverage is the really extraordinary process that brought this innovation to the Empire State. New York law, for instance, requires bills to be published 72 hours before a vote. The public, however, did not see the full language of the bill voted on tonight for more than a few hours (and only if they were exceedingly diligent in looking for it). Normal rules of debate were waived, the session was extended, etc. These kinds of exceptions are allowed for, but only in instances of emergency.

When Sen. Ruben Diaz tried to ask the Republican senator who had announced the new exemption language questions about that language, he refused even to yield for a question.

This reminds me of ObamaCare–passed without regard to law. Now why is that, you think, that the legislature felt it necessary to cram this through? /S

INC on June 27, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Knucklehead on June 26, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Looks like we got out of the old neighborhood @ just the right time. I was getting nervous walking the streets by the time we left.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Knucklehead on June 27, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Just please watch your back..Rahm and the police have to put a stop to this or it will be a one term for Rahm..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Hello alt!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Howdy.
I’m off tomorrow so I can hang around for a bit tonight.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 12:07 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Good!..I was being to think you were a workaholic!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:08 AM

God what an awful summer this has been. Cold and rainy.

Knucklehead on June 26, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Send ‘em here.
Now.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 12:08 AM

With that going on? Yes you do. Any chance of relocating your business?

katy the mean old lady on June 27, 2011 at 12:03 AM

My business has failed, I’m down to a 4 day work week and running red ink and I’ll be closing down at the end of the season. The high gas prices have destroyed me, 20 more people to the unemployment rolls.

I’m here to take care of my folks who are in their 80′s.

I don’t know what else to do anymore.

Knucklehead on June 27, 2011 at 12:09 AM

This is just a boon for divorce lawyers. And if gays want to play house, let them. We’ve got real problems that need dealing with.

teacherman on June 26, 2011 at 9:53 PM

I know a lesbian couple that was married in some state, broke up, and now they can’t get divorced.

Paul-Cincy on June 27, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Good!..I was being to think you were a workaholic!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:08 AM

6 days in a row, 2 off, then 5 days. Spawn will be arriving in Lubbock next week for a 2 week stay-so I’ll only be working 3 days or so while he’s here.
It’s great having a job again!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Knucklehead on June 27, 2011 at 12:09 AM

*hug*

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Remember that it is Rahm’s motto to never let a crisis go to waste.

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 12:12 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 27, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Sounds like you are enjoying it..plus you like Lubbock also!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:13 AM

A marriage of two women is in no meaningful way different than a marriage of a man and a woman. The only true distinction that can be drawn is the biblical one, which on its face is inadmissible due to the bible being a bunch of baloney. Outside of the bible, there is no meaningful difference between a straight married woman and a gay married woman. Both are in committed relationships around which a family may be built. End of story.

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Remember that it is Rahm’s motto to never let a crisis go to waste.

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 12:12 AM

I see your point..BUT this is one crisis that Rahm had better handle ASAP!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:14 AM

19thgenamerican on June 26, 2011 at 11:08 PM

They understand this very well, and it’s something they fully expect and anticipate happening.

When they claim that homosexual marriage won’t devolve into polygamy, consanguineous marriage. etc. – they are simply lying, as a tactic to keep the gay marriage ball rolling.

Homosexual marriage has nothing to do with feelings, it has to do with the progressive’s war on religion and the destruction of the American family – both necessary to make the state god.

Of course they cannot just come out and speak the truth, like all of the left’s agenda, if people knew the real purpose they wouldn’t get the time of day.

So they lie. And the last 100 years or so of progressive victories show clearly: that lying works.

Rebar on June 27, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Stanley Kurtz at NRO posted this last monday linking to an article from 1994, which, he claims, predicts the arab spring. The article’s title is “The Coming Anarchy” and it predicts that the breakdown of social order will begin with random crime sprees like the ones reported above.

gh on June 27, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Knucklehead on June 27, 2011 at 12:09 AM

I am so sorry to hear this.

INC on June 27, 2011 at 12:15 AM

I’m here to take care of my folks who are in their 80′s.

I don’t know what else to do anymore.

Knucklehead on June 27, 2011 at 12:09 AM

My heart goes out to you. It would probably be next to impossible to ask your parents to relocate, but try.

katy the mean old lady on June 27, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I’m here to take care of my folks who are in their 80′s.

I don’t know what else to do anymore.

Knucklehead on June 27, 2011 at 12:09 AM

I admire you for taking care of your parents!..:):)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Rebar on June 27, 2011 at 12:15 AM

The countries where polygamy is legal have not legalized gay marriage. Why are you so sure that the opposite is bound to happen? You have no legitimate evidence to support your claim, but you hammer on about it nonetheless. I’m thinking you just harbor a personal disgust of gay people.

ernesto on June 27, 2011 at 12:17 AM

slickwillie2001 on June 26, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Oh LAWD, those crazy BLACK MOBS!!!! Run for the hills!!!

You guys are hysterical!