Video: Guy who’s supposedly not running for president now posting campaign commercials online

posted at 9:59 pm on June 24, 2011 by Allahpundit

Seriously, is this not a campaign commercial? His staff blasted it out via e-mail yesterday when he was on the cusp of a major victory over unions. Today, with that victory secure, they blasted out a link to this list touting his bipartisan accomplishments in New Jersey. The message couldn’t be more heavy-handed — mindless impotent D.C. bickering versus a tough-minded Republican governor capable of advancing his agenda even in one of the bluest of blue states. Smells like … victory.

Coulter made the case on Hannity’s show last night that all of Christie’s denials about running for president to date were hogwash aimed at preserving his negotiating power in New Jersey. If he’d said three months ago that he was running, the Democrats would have lined up against him. Instead, he denied and denied and denied, and they eventually came around and handed him a victory over public employee unions. Now that’s that done, theoretically, he’s able to finally announce his true intentions. Dude?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Please no…

davek70 on June 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM

big man on campus

blatantblue on June 24, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Yes! YES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES! Save us, Fat man!

Punchenko on June 24, 2011 at 10:04 PM

I just don’t trust Christie.

KickandSwimMom on June 24, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Hell no. I would be as likely to vote for Mitt.

Southernblogger on June 24, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Divisionary Dividers busy Dividing the Dividers!!
(sarc).

canopfor on June 24, 2011 at 10:05 PM

At least it not a Wiener he is posting online.
*Bleach!!! STAT!!*

Electrongod on June 24, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Palin/Christie/2012?!

canopfor on June 24, 2011 at 10:06 PM

this is rich. we got one man who says over and over and over again he isn’t runng. and the media falls over themselves to say oh yes he is running. compare and contrast with those being talked aboout now. disconnect.

i hope the guy runs. He will take more of those rino votes from mitt. the more rinos in the race the better.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Crap or get off the pot Christie or just shut up and sit down.

That being said, if he gets in, he may run away with it.

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Ann Coulter will swoon.

predator on June 24, 2011 at 10:06 PM

big man on campus

blatantblue on June 24, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Loved that movie. Don’t know why.
Can’t find it anywhere.

Electrongod on June 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

So when is the quarter term govenor going to toss his hat into the ring?

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 10:08 PM

What? No mention of his thin resume and lack of executive experience?

Also, won’t he have to quit the governorship to run for president?

NoLeftTurn on June 24, 2011 at 10:09 PM

******************TRIANGULATION?!************************

canopfor on June 24, 2011 at 10:09 PM

That being said, if he gets in, he may run away with it.

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 10:06 PM

christie couldn’t run away with a box of donuts if he was hungry. he may drive his limo away with them but the man’s days of running are over.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 10:09 PM

What? No mention of his thin resume and lack of executive experience?

Also, won’t he have to quit the governorship to run for president?

NoLeftTurn on June 24, 2011 at 10:09 PM

hush now allow them the double double standard.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Nah. Maybe it’s his vice presidential campaign audition.

Philly on June 24, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Actually, please yes, more RINOs the better..

davek70 on June 24, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Since he has not actually said he’s even thinking about running for President, and has only suggested the opposite, I’m not gonna fall for any blogcasting.

Dongemaharu on June 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Big Progressive RINO is the Establishment Rockefellers last gasp to stop the Goldwater wing from taking over the party.

If Perry gets in……..then definite Christie run. Ann Coulter loves Blue State Republicans so she’ll be having more ChristieGasms.

Run Christie run………Run Perry run…….and to complete the Donneybrook Run Palin Run!!!

PappyD61 on June 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Loved that movie. Don’t know why.
Can’t find it anywhere.

Electrongod on June 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Here ya go.

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM

She’s also a big fan of Red State Republicans.

blatantblue on June 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM

big man on campus

blatantblue on June 24, 2011 at 10:04 PM
Loved that movie. Don’t know why.
Can’t find it anywhere.

Electrongod on June 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Electrongod:Viola!:)
======================

Big man on campus full film! part 1
************************************

canopfor on June 24, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Here ya go.

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Great! Thanks.
Whoa…expensive….and on VHS.
Well I guess it’s time to go to the storage unit to get the VHS player.

Electrongod on June 24, 2011 at 10:15 PM

be having more ChristieGasms.

PappyD61 on June 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM

PappyD61:You is baaaaad,hahah!:)

canopfor on June 24, 2011 at 10:17 PM

i don’t know how the big man walks this comment back:

“Short of suicide, I don’t really know what I’d have to do to convince you people that I’m not running. I’m not running!” Christie told reporters in Trenton, the state capital.

yeah you know come to think of it. that statement means he is running!!!!111!!!/

whereas a statement like “I am prayfully considering running for President in 2012″ means there is no way that person is even thinking about running and they are just soaking their supporters for donations……

the press are brainddead.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 10:17 PM

He’s going to be on Imus in the Morning FBN, next week. I wonder if he will announce :)

Monday:
-Old pal Paul Begala weighs in on Obama’s Afghanistan announcement, and whatever nonsense happens over the weekend
-Laura Ingraham makes fun of people with her strikingly accurate vocal impersonations
-The big man from New Jersey, Gov. Chris Christie, stops by to talk about the other big man, Clarence Clemons, and probably also some politics

Dr Evil on June 24, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Big man on campus full film! part 1
************************************

canopfor on June 24, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Woo Hoo!
Don’t have to go to the storage unit!
Thanks Canofor…and Knucklehead.

Electrongod on June 24, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Ooops. AP is going to come down on me for not being on topic.
FatMan!! Now on topic.

Electrongod on June 24, 2011 at 10:19 PM

HIDE THE DONUTS !!!

stenwin77 on June 24, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Great! Thanks.
Whoa…expensive….and on VHS.
Well I guess it’s time to go to the storage unit to get the VHS player.

Electrongod on June 24, 2011 at 10:15 PM

There’s free software out there to convert it to DVD. Just go to the After Dawn forums or Cnet.

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I’ve said I don’t want to. I’m not going to. There is zero chance I will. I don’t feel like I’m ready to be president. I don’t want to run for president. I don’t have the fire in the belly to run for president. But, yet, everyone seems to think that I’ve left the door open a little bit,” he said Thursday in exasperation.

Yeap that is a man that i want to follow to the promise land. /s

Maybe he will need a lot of pitstops before we push his sorry butt over the finish line but by golly we will get the big man to run!!!! no matter what the man says.

the Christie supporters make the Ron Paul supporters appear sane and in charge of their minds.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 10:22 PM

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 10:22 PM

What planet do you live on

blatantblue on June 24, 2011 at 10:23 PM

He devoured Lauer for breakfast.

Schadenfreude on June 24, 2011 at 10:24 PM

canopfor on June 24, 2011 at 10:14 PM
==================================
Woo Hoo!
Don’t have to go to the storage unit!
Thanks Canofor…and Knucklehead.

Electrongod on June 24, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Electrongod:————–:)

canopfor on June 24, 2011 at 10:24 PM

There will be someone that is not a nut and the MSM will notice to announce that they will primary Obama before Christie goes in.

Generic Republican 2012
Christie 2020
West 2028

tjexcite on June 24, 2011 at 10:26 PM

What planet do you live on

blatantblue on June 24, 2011 at 10:23 PM

It’s called reality. you might want to join us here.:

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 10:26 PM

May be a waiting contest between Christie and Perry. A stare down, as it were. Both of them in would tie poor Ann’s panties up in knots, given their respective positions on social issues, aside from fiscal matters. Might be kinda fun to watch her squirm.

a capella on June 24, 2011 at 10:26 PM

a capella on June 24, 2011 at 10:26 PM

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Everyone is a RINO.

Palin passed oil taxes and started her own climate change cabinet.

Chris Christie would be weak on experience no doubt, no foreign policy experience etc….

However, would all that matter if the economy is in the dirt and he campaigns exceptionally well?

He isn’t getting re-elect in NJ so why not?

TimeTraveler on June 24, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Far be it from me to campaign against anyone from running like Coulter has of Palin. If the big man wants to get in, its all the merrier! The stronger the GOP field, the better Palin our nominee will be.

milemarker2020 on June 24, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I don’t see this as a hint towards anything presidential.

I’ll eat my hat, though. However, I doubt I will have to.

blatantblue on June 24, 2011 at 10:29 PM

You know, Grover Cleveland was pretty big and pretty darned good, both terms.

At least there would be a man in the executive office.

AshleyTKing on June 24, 2011 at 10:29 PM

He isn’t getting re-elect in NJ so why not?

TimeTraveler on June 24, 2011 at 10:28 PM

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 10:29 PM

What planet do you live on

blatantblue on June 24, 2011 at 10:23 PM

The one on which all politicians don’t lie.

Schadenfreude on June 24, 2011 at 10:30 PM

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Why is this being completely ignored?

So according to Ann, this was a lie? Like a selective lie for Jersey Dems? A guided missile lie that only hits some people?

Dongemaharu on June 24, 2011 at 10:33 PM

I wouldn’t vote for Christie. He’s a RINO.

Virginia Shanahan on June 24, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Video & Transcript: Governor Christie Talks About Passing Bipartisan Pension/Benefit Reforms on NBC’s Today Show

For Immediate Release:
Date: Friday, June 24, 2011
****************************

canopfor on June 24, 2011 at 10:34 PM

ok that a night i could repost christie’s words 100 times and the chubbychasers will act like he never said what he said.

Delusional people. if he runs at this time. he has admitted he isn’t ready for the job, he doens’t want the job, and he doesn’t think he is capable of doing the job. If his supporters think he can walk those comments back 2 months after he made them i don’t think they understand the Mitt campaign. or any of the other present campaigns.

and that is aboout all the time i want to waste on the chubby man tonight. Have fun with your fantasy baseballpolitical picks

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 10:34 PM

maybeeeee this has to do with his dropping approval numbers?

blatantblue on June 24, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Virtual Dub and such. Got it.
Thanks.

Electrongod on June 24, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Virtual Dub and such. Got it.
Thanks.

Electrongod on June 24, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Ooops. I mean I just got it.

Electrongod on June 24, 2011 at 10:36 PM

yes yes, keep attacking him for his weight. it adds such intellectual depth to your arguments

blatantblue on June 24, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Umm no. Please no. Look what he is doing in NJ is great because the fact that somebody with an (R) after his name and who is fiscally responsible got elected. I love the way he is taking down the power of the unions in NJ and how he is able to absolutely devastate the media. But for POTUS? No way. He ran to the left of his opponent on gun control. He is still a statist at heart. No, no, a thousand times no!

AZfederalist on June 24, 2011 at 10:37 PM

The more, the better. You want to repeal Obamacare and fix the other entitlements? This guy just convinced a bunch of Democrats that they had to throw their most vocal and active constituency under the bus, while his poll numbers are steadily dropping. I think he made them an offer that they did not dare demagogue.

Mord on June 24, 2011 at 10:38 PM

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 10:22 PM

this from a palinbot with 10 comments out of 50 or so on a Christy thread

windansea on June 24, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Obama claimed he wasn’t going to run right after winning senate seat and look what transpired..

TimeTraveler on June 24, 2011 at 10:39 PM

AP reports Ann Coulter dancing in streets. Liberals cry racism.

Aronne on June 24, 2011 at 10:39 PM

I have been told over and over that it’s too late to enter the GOP primary from many experts here at Hot Air.

Why does this logic not apply to Chris Christie or is it only a concern when Palin is the potential candidate in question?

Although with the Daily Caller/ATR Republican debate being postponed it looks like an August entry is still possible for Christie, Perry, Palin and Guiliani.

I hope all four join the race for the GOP nomination.

I don’t like anyone in the current field of candidates.

chief on June 24, 2011 at 10:40 PM

I’ve been giving some thought to the RINO question; that is, can I fault a Republican politician in, say, New Jersey or Massachusetts for advocating policies and positions that would be considered Liberal Lite in a conservative state? Let me put it this way: with his message unchanged, would Rand Paul, for example, be electable in Massachusetts for any office above the city level? The question is largely rhetorical. Of course he wouldn’t.

I don’t hold RomneyCare against Mitt Romney. He was a capable and popular Republican governor in the bluest of blue states, not an easy trick. (I won’t vote for Romney in the primary for his views on AGW, but that’s another issue, one he holds as a presidential candidate and one I do hold against him.)

So no, I don’t think Christie is a RINO. He is as much a Republican that he can be, given the makeup of his constituency. I also think he would eat Obama alive in any one-on-one debate (figuratively speaking). Christie’s combative, prosecutorial style would be sure to get under President Obama’s notoriously thin skin, and all we need to win is ten live, prime-time seconds of Obama’s true face: petulant, petty, overweeningly arrogant and vain.

troyriser_gopftw on June 24, 2011 at 10:40 PM

She’s also a big fan of Red State Republicans.

blatantblue on June 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM

She also pals around with Bill Maher

darwin-t on June 24, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Another person, if chosen in the Primary, would make me chose to support Obama. No way in hell should this man ge Republican President of the United States of America.

astonerii on June 24, 2011 at 10:41 PM

She also pals around with Bill Maher

darwin-t on June 24, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Are you serious?

What are you suggesting? That she isn’t conservative because she dated a liberal?

Really?

blatantblue on June 24, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Here’s the youtube video where he states he doesn’t have enough experience to contemplate a run for the white house in 08

TimeTraveler on June 24, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Are you serious?

Really?

blatantblue on June 24, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I’m not suggesting anything. I’m saying she has poor judgement when it comes to the people she spends her time with.

Maher is a reprehensible rectal polyp regardless of his political leanings.

darwin-t on June 24, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Non-starter. He hasn’t simply said he won’t run, he’s said over and over how much he’s committed to New Jersey and to two terms if the people will have him. Loses all credibility if he runs.

rrpjr on June 24, 2011 at 10:48 PM

darwin-t on June 24, 2011 at 10:46 PM

And she’s not with him anymore, so I don’t understand what you’re getting at.

blatantblue on June 24, 2011 at 10:48 PM

“You see folks who are insulting the President of the United States, purely for partisan reasons, EVEN when they agree with him…”

Really…?

I insult Obowma because of his actions based on his failed Marxist/Socialist and Black Liberation Theology
ideology that wants to destroy the United States…

… Sure it’s partisan, what else would you call the divide between conservatism and love for this country and that fascist puppet?

As far as agreeing with him…

… your on your own Christie. If you can’t treat Obowma like a caller on a talk show asking you about where you send your kids to school, stay in New Jersey!

Seven Percent Solution on June 24, 2011 at 10:49 PM

And she’s not with him anymore, so I don’t understand what you’re getting at.

blatantblue on June 24, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Go away boy, ya’ bother me.

darwin-t on June 24, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Go away boy, ya’ bother me.

darwin-t on June 24, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Heh!

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Go away boy, ya’ bother me.

darwin-t on June 24, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Your assumptions about her personal life bother me, so perhaps you’re the bigger jackass.

blatantblue on June 24, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Nope. Don’t need a fiscal hawk who will take my guns while granting amnesty and doesn’t see any issues with individual mandates. Buh bye cino.

AH_C on June 24, 2011 at 10:56 PM

He says he isn’t ready, and he’s correct. What is it with people pushing these newbies? Christie, Rubio, West, Cain none of them have the experience to be POTUS – yet.

Most people criticize Palin for little experience, even though she was on the city council, 2 terms as mayor, chair of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, and then governor for 2 years. That’s far more experience than anyone listed above, especially executive experience.

Let them gain that experience, learn something about foreign policy, then we’ll talk.

In the meantime, we have real candidates to watch and debate.

Common Sense on June 24, 2011 at 10:58 PM

I like him. I like his style. I like his attitude on unions. I like his blue collar northern-ness.

I need to know his positions on foreign policy though. And I heard he’s weak on immigration.

Nelsen on June 24, 2011 at 11:03 PM

PUT ASIDE YOUR PRINCIPLES AND GET OVER YOUR SQUEAMISH RELUCTANCE!
HE CAN WIN !!!

ExpressoBold on June 24, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Common Sense on June 24, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Except when she was wishing she wasn’t.

Palin! 2012-2014!

AshleyTKing on June 24, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Chris Christie 2012!

nickj116 on June 24, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Coulter has not hid her two choices for the GOP nomination.

In this order:
Christie
Romney

She thinks no one else would be as good a nominee. She has said that repeatedly this past week hawking her book.

She has drunk the DC koolaid apparently. And as for everyone being a RINO?

Uh no…..Bachmann, Santorum and Cain are pretty solid Conservatives. Palin as well. Don’t like the tax on Big Oil she trots out but in all fairness Exxon and others in AK were holding the state leases hostage and others wanted to explore and Big Oil was sitting on their leases. She went after them for the citizens of the state.

Immigration?…..not 100% on that issue but certainly supports Brewer and would not be suing the border states like Holder and Obama.

So did I miss any “Conservative” names?

PappyD61 on June 24, 2011 at 11:14 PM

The guy whose afraid to join the fight against obamacare, loves him some gun control, and thinks CO2 is a pollutant. Get ready to tear down any fence that might have been built on our southern border…amnesty anyone. Christie’s a joke and so is Coulter.

wheelgun on June 24, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Christie 2012 !

TimeTraveler on June 24, 2011 at 11:17 PM

wheelgun on June 24, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Lemme guess? Palinista?

nickj116 on June 24, 2011 at 11:18 PM

I liked him, and would have voted for him if he threw his hat in the ring, right up until this little speech, in which he panders to the ‘General Betray-us’ crowd on the left. Sorry, Charlie, I paid attention over the last decade, and have watched our country be debased in an extreme way over this current presidency, and one side is MORE than a little extra evil. To even imply that the two sides are about the same during our second year without a budget is to put yourself out of the running for my vote.

ANV on June 24, 2011 at 11:19 PM

He’s a bully. Conservatives applaud him now because he has gone after the unions. But what happens when that venom is directed towards conservatives who are aginst amnesty and when it is directed towards gun owners? I don’t trust him.

Rose on June 24, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Really…?

ideology that wants to destroy the United States…

Seven Percent Solution on June 24, 2011 at 10:49 PM

You’re right. That was a cheap shot at the right.

AshleyTKing on June 24, 2011 at 11:21 PM

A 30-candidate GOP field. Looks like every prominent Republican is either going to run or be talked about as Savior of the Month until next January. Anyway, isn’t Christie running something like 20 points behind Obama even with largely positive press? Not good.

pseudoforce on June 24, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Then again, being elected president might be more of a possibility than his being re-elected governor of NJ.

pseudoforce on June 24, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Maybe the enticement of riding around in Marine One was just too much for ‘im?

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 24, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Let us not mince words. There are at most five plausible Republican presidents on the horizon – Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels, Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, former Utah governor and departing ambassador to China Jon Huntsman, former Massachusetts governor Romney and former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty.

So the Republican winnowing process is far advanced.

Are you people going to tell me that George Will, the visionary mystic, is wrong?

And besides: “the Republican winnowing process is far advanced.” Its either Romney, Huntsman or T-Paw now. And you can take that to the bank.

/ <—— pay attention

Geochelone on June 24, 2011 at 11:36 PM

the new McCain.

balkanmom on June 24, 2011 at 11:39 PM

You know what? Christie would improve the “debates.”

AshleyTKing on June 24, 2011 at 11:40 PM

I’m not sure Christy lives long enough,

seriously, he looks like Belushi (GRHS) 30 seconds after the speedball

Tafts ghost endorses CC

Sonosam on June 24, 2011 at 11:40 PM

/ <—— pay attention

Geochelone on June 24, 2011 at 11:36 PM

T-Paw may be dropping out before the primaries even. Wasn’t there a story about his staffers working for free?

pseudoforce on June 25, 2011 at 12:22 AM

Christie hurts Romney.

I’m okay with this.

portlandon on June 25, 2011 at 12:32 AM

pseudoforce on June 25, 2011 at 12:22 AM

Yes there was. Kind of a shame really.
T-Paw > Romney > Huntsmann.

At least I get a solid-sense of what T-Paw is about (although he has used position posturing). I can’t even form a picture of where Romney stands on anything; because they are just empty words which could be washed away with the moon-driven tide.

Geochelone on June 25, 2011 at 12:40 AM

this from a palinbot with 10 comments out of 50 or so on a Christy thread

windansea

It’s sad to watch a mental patient go over the edge, isn’t it? I hope they didn’t forget to confiscate unseen’s shoestrings.

xblade on June 25, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Every week we get a new saviour being promoted, Started with Daniels, then Pawlenty, Cain, Trump. Then desperation set in and they started pimping Bachmann. Then Perry, now Christie. No wonder Perry and Palin are taking their good old time. Flavor of the month changes constantly.

lonestar1 on June 25, 2011 at 1:51 AM

I think it has to do with his recent poll numbers in NJ.

lexhamfox on June 25, 2011 at 1:53 AM

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Unintentionally funny comment of the day.

Buy Danish on June 25, 2011 at 2:11 AM