Coulter: Why not Senator Palin?

posted at 4:37 pm on June 24, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via Mediaite. Granted, AC’s got a fee-vah and the only prescription is more Chris Christie, but I’ve floated this idea before myself. Arizona makes sense superficially, but the media there would use a Palin candidacy as an excuse to revisit the ridiculous “crosshairs map” nonsense after the Tucson shootings. Why not take on Mark Begich instead when his seat comes up next year? Alaska’s a red state at heart and she’s the world’s most famous Alaskan conservative, and there’s enough bad blood with Begich that she’d probably relish bumping him off. I’ve seen polls showing her favorable rating down even back home, but those numbers are less credible than national numbers: Alaska’s always been hard to poll accurately and surely she earned some new goodwill from promoting the state in her TLC series. If she knocked off Begich, she could follow Hillary’s path by building policy cred in the Senate and then launch a run in either 2016 (if Obama’s reelected) or 2020 (if he isn’t). She’ll be just 56 in 2020, in fact, which is five years younger than Hillary was when she ran in 2008.

Or maybe she’ll roll the dice and run for president now. RCP reports that “The Undefeated” will debut in Iowa next Tuesday, the day after Bachmann formally announces her campaign in Waterloo. No word yet on whether she’ll attend, but ask Romney what happens to a presidential launch when the media gets wind of an imminent Sarah Palin appearance.

Update: Whoops, brain freeze on my part. Begich isn’t up until 2014. For some reason I was thinking he was elected in 2006. Apologies for the mistake.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I was addressing her opinion about Palin, not Christie. As much as I’ve enjoyed watching him face down Dems on youtube clips, I don’t think he should run for President this cycle.

Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 5:12 PM

and I am pointing out her double standard. Which means her stated reason of 2.5 years experience is not the reason she doesn’t want Palin to run.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 5:15 PM

To suggest that Palin would be interested in saddling herself with a Senate seat is STOOOPID. You really think she’d take a job that displaces her family to be one of 535 people who can’t accomplish crap? I don’t think so.

NoNails on June 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM

In the Senate, she would be one of 100, and the Republicans only need 4 pickups to take the majority.

The problem is, Mark Begich (D-AK) was elected in 2008, and won’t be up for re-election until 2014. What does Palin do until then?

This is why, IMHO, Palin’s resignation from the Governorship in July 2009 was such a big mistake. If she had completed her term as Governor, she would not have the “quitter” label, and in November 2010, she could have either passed on the Governorship to Sean Parnell (who won easily in 2010) to run for President, or else run for re-election as Governor, then step down to run for Senate in 2014.

Sarah Palin is a great fit for Alaska, but if she ran for Jon Kyl’s seat in Arizona, she would probably be perceived as a “carpetbagger”, although Senator McCain would probably campaign for her.

Steve Z on June 24, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Because her nomination guarantee an Obama second term?

That’s reason enough to oppose her nomination….strongly.

Maybe you want another radical leftist on the Supreme Court….some of us don’t.

That’s the general idea, and although people are subject to their own opinions, that is just asinine. My belly button lint is more electable than Obama, yet he would beat Palin? Great kingmaker, great in articulating conservative ideals and with the beating she gets from the press, she continues to throw it back at them with a smile. But yet she cannot beat Obama. Makes no sense.

JVelez on June 24, 2011 at 5:16 PM

There’s one of those too and another about pee’ing on Obama, the HA filters keep eating my link.

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM

You’re either a liar or dumb…

idesign on June 24, 2011 at 5:16 PM

President Palin and Senator Coulter.

Win-win.

Fallon on June 24, 2011 at 5:07 PM

I dont think Coulter can handle the pressure. I dont think she dares…

the_nile on June 24, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Take your concern up with your psychologist.

idesign on June 24, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Seriously, just another post that’s makes you look like….well whatever.

If you have problem with that Facebook page, go there and report it instead acting like a goof and throwing out backhanded insults. I already reported it. And you?

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Allah, Begich was elected to the Senate in 2008, which means he’s up for re-election in 2014, not 2012.

SCSoxFan on June 24, 2011 at 5:17 PM

You’ll never know if you keep feeding your obsession by reading every comment I write.

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:12 PM

It’s not really an obsession on my part. I just keep tripping over your endless posts on Palin posts and every once in a while, you say something particularly moronic that requires a response. (PS…do you not get the irony? You’re calling Palin supporters “obsessive” when you yourself have countless posts on Palin threads where you denigrate either Palin or her supporters. Obsessive? How about you look in the mirror. Just sayin’.)

That said, you’ve proven yourself to be completely unreasonable. Don’t forget, I asked you the other day…actually a few weeks ago… to have an honest back and forth debate and your response to me was to make fun of me.

And then you had the utter nerve to call for respectful dialog.

So…you know what? I’ll do my best to try to ignore all of the many, many, MANY posts you enter on Palin threads since you really don’t want to debate anything.

You’re more of a rhetorical bomb thrower.

powerpro on June 24, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Hang out with me?

Contributing poster for HA? Sort of a point/counter-point with AP?

BobMbx on June 24, 2011 at 5:18 PM

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM

ROFL….

might want to read the posts. I’m not the one that has a problem with idiots like you PDSers posting infact I think it helps my cause to have idiots like you all posting. It seems the PDSers don’t liek palin supporters posting on Palin threads imagine that.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 5:18 PM

If Palin were to become a senator and then quit halfway through her term, would it be considered a liability or a badge of courage?

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Everything Palin ever has or will do is the most genius, awesome thing ever done by a mortal; only a blasphemous RINO establishment elite insider would suggest differently.

If she quit to accept a highly paid position to punch babies in the face and take their candy, it would only go to further demonstrate what an awesome leader she is in the eyes of her fans.

Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Coulter is right, of course. If Palin wants to be President, she’ll have to return to elected office to gain credibility first…
Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Yes, of course. Clearly and of course, of course.

I’m sorry, of course, to let you know that a former town councilwoman, mayor, governor, President of the Conference of Mayors, Chairwoman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, Chair of the National Governors Association and National Resources Committee, mother of five, co-owner of a family fishing business and the vice presidential candidate of her party doesn’t need any further bona fide to run for higher political office and even with half these accreditations still wouldn’t need it after the precedent established by the CV-challenged clown currently holding the office.

rrpjr on June 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I just wanted to have this restated in the thread.

Sharr on June 24, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Yep! One more for the road…

I don’t think Palin likes campaigning. She seems to prefer being a pundit rather than enduring the scrutiny and rigors of the modern campaign trail.

lexhamfox on June 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Nobody has been stalking her, creeping out her family, dumpster diving her emails, etc… for 3 years now only to watch her grow stronger.

3 years and they have nada!

Roy Rogers on June 24, 2011 at 5:20 PM

I think it [SENATOR] is a good idea.

terryannonline on June 24, 2011 at 5:09 PM

I hope she doesn’t enter. Her campaign would be an absolute disaster.

terryannonline on June 17, 2011 at 2:39 PM

I’m just tired of the drama. Keep up with her drama is like watching an episode of the Real Housewives series.

terryannonline on June 17, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Spare us the drama, Palin. Either announce already just stay out of the race.

terryannonline on June 17, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Palin can’t just politely say “I haven’t made a decision yet” no she has to get all huffy puffy in her response. Palin is all drama.

terryannonline on June 17, 2011 at 2:30 PM

LINK

Geochelone on June 24, 2011 at 5:20 PM

I dont think Coulter can handle the pressure. I dont think she dares…

the_nile on June 24, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Just remind her that she’ll be in the same room (with permission!) with Harry Reid when he says those wacky things…and she can respond…live!

Or take him into the cloak room and…uh…negotiate.

BobMbx on June 24, 2011 at 5:21 PM

clearly Coulter is jealous of Palin, there is no other rational explanation of Coulters fear of Palin and her pushing the non conservative Chris Christie

georgealbert on June 24, 2011 at 5:21 PM

SCSoxFan on June 24, 2011 at 5:17 PM

That’s great , so if she doesn’t win the general election she can run for senate later…

the_nile on June 24, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Senators, in general, are some of the most annoying and useless people in the country, if not the world.

Why do so many people want to send Palin there?

tsj017 on June 24, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 5:19 PM

I detect sarcasm……

BobMbx on June 24, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Worse than my vote for Al Gore…

Bruno Strozek on June 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Wha’??

I’m from Tennessee and even I didn’t vote for him!

ladyingray on June 24, 2011 at 5:24 PM

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:12 PM

And then you had the utter nerve to call for respectful dialog.

You’re more of a rhetorical bomb thrower.

powerpro on June 24, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Well said. Careful now, he might claim that you are tying to entice him to break some law, like illicit gambling, or he might mention an ATM or someone’s grand-mother. He is coherent only to himself.

Geochelone on June 24, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Why do so many people want to send Palin there?

tsj017 on June 24, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Define many…

idesign on June 24, 2011 at 5:25 PM

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 5:15 PM

She doesn’t want her to run because like every other informed, sane and intelligent political observer she knows that Palin would lose to Obama if nominated. She’s merely trying to say it in the most polite and respectful way that she can.

Palin’s only path to the Presidency is winning elected office or accepting a high profile political appointment first. No amount of bus tours, Facebook postings or fluff pieces on Greta won’t cut it.

Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Geochelone on June 24, 2011 at 5:24 PM

ROFLMAO

idesign on June 24, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Define many…

Just seems like you hear that a lot from some talking heads and blogosphere pundits. “She should run for the Senate!” Which strikes me as a very bad idea for her.

tsj017 on June 24, 2011 at 5:27 PM

It’s not really an obsession on my part.

powerpro on June 24, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Are you listening to yourself? This is a political blog. The purpose of the blog is to discuss politics. Palin is part of this countries politics.

I am not a politician nor have I ever been a subject of a thread. Yet you and your ilk just cannot seem to cease hijacking political threads into csdeven threads.

You are obsessed dude!

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 5:25 PM

PDS

idesign on June 24, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Highlights from Palin’s Emailgate…

Preparing for a political attack

In an email sent on 7 January 2008, Palin discusses the potential of a “political attack” coming from the oil industry – thanks to Charlotte K for alerting us to this email. Palin is responding to a message from Patrick Galvin, Alaska’s commissioner of the department of revenue, which describes “rumblings of a strategy being developed by the producers and their allies to attack the administration”:

I hear from worker bees in the field that Industry is on a roll against us – on a rampage because they had no idea they wouldn’t get their way on all issues.

We need more bodies in Communications to help on this, too, so Alaskans know the truth about the situation and aren’t tempted to panic due to Industry spin.

And we don’t win ball games merely playing defense. We must go on the offense too.

Haters are dispersed to spread panic and hatred…

Roy Rogers on June 24, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Ann Coulter? Are we talking about the same Ann Coulter?

BobMbx on June 24, 2011 at 5:28 PM

You are I am obsessed dude!

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:27 PM

idesign on June 24, 2011 at 5:28 PM

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 5:18 PM

hahaha….these threads are not expected to be echo chambers. I get that it is hard for you to defend Palins poor record and resignation. If you can’t defend her without having a come apart and lashing out, then why in goodness name do you even pick a side?

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Why not Senator Palin?

Why not Energy Czarina in 2013?

Did anyone ever verify it was Sarah that bought that mansion in Arizona?

Mr_Magoo on June 24, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Geochelone on June 24, 2011 at 5:24 PM

I like the threats when cornered…

Continue to encourage gambling and we’ll see what happens.

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 11:21 AM

ROFLMAO!!!!

Roy Rogers on June 24, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Did anyone ever verify it was Sarah that bought that mansion in Arizona?

Mr_Magoo on June 24, 2011 at 5:31 PM

She did!

idesign on June 24, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 5:19 PM

I think she should run for senator, win, and then abdicate half way through. Good gravy! She would be the most awesomely awesome qualified shoe-in electable candidate for POTUS of all time!

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Ann Coulter is deflecting Hannity’s 2012 nominee question..You can tell she does not like it..Plus this is not the first time Coulter has done this and will not be the last before the GOP field is set..She really does not like taking this question..:)

PS..Repeat from the Headlines post!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2011 at 5:34 PM

I’m a chick, csdeven. Not a dude.

And yes, in this, the last post to you from me, it is a political blog. So tell me, what were you trying to discuss with your incendiary suggestion about her quitting the senate? Nothing. You were just being snide and you know it.

As all rhetorical bomb throwers, you lob away hoping and praying that someone responds so please spare me the righteous indignation that people “hijack political threads into csdeven threads.”

That is your intent and you’re getting what you want when people respond to you.

Which is why I’ll ignore you from now on as it’s not worth the time nor energy to supply you with your fix.

powerpro on June 24, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Everyone please keep in mind that Ann Coulter is promoting her latest book, right now. She tends to say outrageous things when she is trying to generate book sales.

Palin isn’t running for Senate. She has a part-time home here in Phoenix proper, because Bristol is here.

JannyMae on June 24, 2011 at 5:37 PM

She did!

idesign on June 24, 2011 at 5:34 PM

You’re wrong.

Bristol Palin Buys House in Arizona.

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:37 PM

PS..Repeat from the Headlines post!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Good Point DS.

I saw your other post on this and I meant to give you an A+.

Geochelone on June 24, 2011 at 5:37 PM

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Yawn…

Mr_Magoo on June 24, 2011 at 5:37 PM

I find it… fascinating so many “smart people” are trying to do their best to sideline Sarah Palin, reduce her to a cheerleader of a functionary, rather than let her take the role of leader.

This, not unlike the unrelenting attacks these past years signals to me, who should be running against Obama, and that they are a clear threat to a whole lot of people, even those from two different sides of the political spectrum.

When two sides have common cause (for different reasons) against single person, that person is not light weight, or insignificant to the future.

Sharr on June 24, 2011 at 5:37 PM

georgealbert on June 24, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Yes, obviously all of us are unfortunate not to be the great Goddess Sarah Schwartz Palin.

Oh woe to all of us not conceived by the Mr and Mrs Palin; father and mother of the second coming of Christ-ine

rickyricardo on June 24, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 5:25 PM

So you admit that Ann is afriad of Palin and is afraid of her supporters backlash. If Ann was woman enough to admit why she doesn’t want Palin to run. (maybe for the reasons you state, maybe for envy, maybe because she has a different guy, etc) people would take her statements with more salt.

Or In other words you admit that Ann is lying out her as* because she knows the power of Palin, the amount of her supporters and instead of making her case in a calm reasonable manner, Ann lies, makes up crap and talks about “steps down” and senate seats…….

In other words Ann knows that if she tells the truth on what she really thinks about Palin her book sales will drop, many people will stop paying attention to her and she will face a major backlash.

Either way Ann and you are wrong. Palin is the only candidate that offers not only a win but a wave election against Obama and the liberal left.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 5:38 PM

powerpro on June 24, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Well stated. The troll craves attention. Please don’t feed it.

JannyMae on June 24, 2011 at 5:39 PM

georgealbert on June 24, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Clearly.

AshleyTKing on June 24, 2011 at 5:39 PM

rickyricardo on June 24, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Don’t be such a little tea pot Francine.

Roy Rogers on June 24, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:37 PM

That is old news Knucklehead.

Bristol bought her home a while back in Maricopa. Sarah was rumoured to be the “high profile” buyer of a big home in No. Scottsdale. The story was she might run her campaign from there. I was wondering if it was ever confirmed.

Mr_Magoo on June 24, 2011 at 5:40 PM

I get that it is hard for you to defend Palins poor record

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Heh!

Can you give a few examples of Palin’s poor record?

If so, then please tell me how these examples of her poor record are even close to the disaster that is RomneyCare.

I look forward to your response.

chief on June 24, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Geochelone on June 24, 2011 at 5:37 PM

There was another time on Hannity where she fillabustered Sean on this question and basically ran out the clock on him..She is uncomfortable with this question..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:37 PM

you are wrong

And you’re apparently very confused….

JannyMae on June 24, 2011 at 5:42 PM

This is the right next move for Palin if she wants to be part of elected office again.

I say this as a person who likes and supports Sarah Palin, but knows she not only can’t beat Obama next year, but also would likely do her own brand a lot of harm just by running.

Fire away, blind Palinistas.

Red Cloud on June 24, 2011 at 4:43 PM

1. Why always the BS of “I support her but…” before someone says something negative.

2. And if you support her so much, what is it that you find negative enough that you think she can’t win and “harm her brand”? Details, please?

Just a general comment: This is why people, Palinistas or whatever the term ‘o’ the day is get so irritated. Comments that come out of nowhere without any kind of explanation or rationale behind it. Almost like the ever present “unelectable”. To those people who love the “unelectable” label, please get in touch with me off line. I need help with picking the lottery numbers.

kim roy on June 24, 2011 at 5:42 PM

these threads are not expected to be echo chambers.
csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:31 PM

The only echo I hear is from the palinhaters like yourself. repeating the same debunked narratives over and over again. You all hav eno orginal thought. You all aren’t funny and you all are the lowest example of thoughful commentors.

Palin supporters on the other hand show great flair and orginality in their support of Palin.

go back to school and learn how to debate you are tedious.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 5:42 PM

LINK

Geochelone on June 24, 2011 at 5:20 PM

This is the best tactic. Displaying people own words from past posts at HotAir is the only way to show the hypocrisy and outright phoniness.

Good Job Geochelone!

portlandon on June 24, 2011 at 5:43 PM

You’re wrong.

Bristol Palin Buys House in Arizona.

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Man, you sure are stupid!

idesign on June 24, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Palin has exposed the right wing cadre of gatekeepers who will not tolerate the people choosing their own government. They loathe and distrust the people to select their own leaders jsut as do the leftists in the Democratic Party and the commies in every nook and cranny in America. Like the Godless left,unless they can decide who runs it, they will stop any who dare challenge their power structure.

The myth of a conservative constitutional loving GOP dies -thanks for exposing them Sarah -the Coulter, Will, Rove, Krauthammer, Noonan, media complex.

Who is Ann Coulter to decide who is or who is not to be the GOP candidate? What arrogance and she is not acting alone.

The enemy folks is not just the left anymore! Stop buying their books and listen to their media appearances – take them down while there is a slight sliver of hope.

Don L on June 24, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Don L on June 24, 2011 at 5:43 PM

You expected otherwise from the female equivalent of Ron Paul?

Uncle Sams Nephew on June 24, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Don L on June 24, 2011 at 5:43 PM

GAME ON! Not a dime to the RNC.

idesign on June 24, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Mr_Magoo on June 24, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Palin confirms buying Arizona home.

chief on June 24, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Mr_Magoo on June 24, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Rumors or truth? Got a link? I’ve heard Palin fans here at HA state Sarah was going to run her campaign out of Bristols house, so who know where the truth lies or where the rumors come from.

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:48 PM

I think she should run for Senator of wherever Ann Coulter lives instead.

RightOFLeft on June 24, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Don L on June 24, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Let’s roll.

the_nile on June 24, 2011 at 5:49 PM

m a chick, csdeven. Not a dude.

Sorry.

I have been told that Palins resignation from her governorship is a badge of honor. My view is that it is a negative. If it is a badge of courage, then she should do it again right?

I stay on topic, you talk about me. Do you people EVER consider what you are saying before you submit your comments?

powerpro on June 24, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Good call. This was my suggestion to you a month ago. But before you can deny me what you think is my fix, you will have to deal with your obsession to read everything I write to see if you have a justification to leave some rude insulting remark. I honestly hope you succeed.

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:49 PM

GFY. Cordially.

alwaysfiredup on June 24, 2011 at 5:51 PM

you are wrong

And you’re apparently very confused….

JannyMae on June 24, 2011 at 5:42 PM

I stand corrected. I was out of the country for the entire month of May, didn’t return until June 4th and had no internet.

Not confused, not stupid, just traveling.

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Good Job Geochelone!

portlandon on June 24, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Hey, I learned all my diabolic tricks from you, man.

Don’t forget, he who controls the horn controls all.

Geochelone on June 24, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Can we please ignore csdeven? I don’t know why you all allow her to derail conversations then turn around and scold us for getting off topic. It’s transparently trolling.

alwaysfiredup on June 24, 2011 at 5:53 PM

GAME ON! Not a dime to the RNC.

idesign on June 24, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Good start!

Roy Rogers on June 24, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Mr_Magoo on June 24, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Knucklehead – Bristol’s house is in Maricopa and was bought the end of last year. Palin recently confirmed buying another house in Scottsdale. All over the news here in PHX last month. I believe others have provided some links, but with a few insults laced within their responses.

SuzyQAZ on June 24, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Geochelone on June 24, 2011 at 5:53 PM

diabolic diabolical tricks

Geochelone on June 24, 2011 at 5:55 PM

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Seek mental help. Seriously. No sane person could write such a thing and mean it.

Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 5:56 PM

SuzyQAZ on June 24, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Thanks for your polite response, please see my above quote where I stand corrected. In fact I was in Russia on that day where all news i.e. Fox, CNN/CNN World and the BBC were blocked out.

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Geochelone on June 24, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Happy Hour??..Or was that one on me?..:):)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Like I said in the headlines post, I’m not going to let Ann Coulter’s views be a reason to “throw her under the bus.” I like Coulter; I like her writing, I like her “no prisoners” approach to standing up for conservative principles. I don’t agree with her views on Chris Christie, nor her views on Sarah Palin. I can enjoy someone’s broader works without agreeing with them in every little way. Coulter wants someone else for the job of Prez. Okay. So do I. She doesn’t have to agree with me, nor I with her.

I do get tired of the Palin naysayers who keep harping about her “lack of experience.” They’d do themselves a favor if they saw the film, The Undefeated, like Amy Siskind did (see her review in the Huffington Post, of all places: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amy-siskind/the-undefeated-the-movie-_b_871600.html). She went into it open-minded and came out with greater respect for Palin.

theotherone on June 24, 2011 at 5:59 PM

If Sarah Palin were to run for Senate and keep that seat for a term, I think that a lot of the claims of her being a quitter would be put to rest.

Terrye on June 24, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Terrye on June 24, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Concern noted.

the_nile on June 24, 2011 at 6:01 PM

georgealbert on June 24, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Took until page 2 to trot out the tired “jealous” meme? You guys are slipping.

That anyone would think that Ann Coulter(!) is jealous makes me laugh.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 24, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Yeah because after watching Palin help turn 2010 into a wave elections. No sane person would expect her to be able to do it again. /

Are you really that far down the PDS hole?

Have you seen the queen of hearts yet? or a talking rabbit?

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Could you see Sarah in her house ?

gh on June 24, 2011 at 6:02 PM

That anyone would think that Ann Coulter(!) is jealous makes me laugh.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 24, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Yeah because the woman that could never find a better man than billMaher would never be jealous of Gov Palin.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Can you give a few examples of Palin’s poor record?

Lack of an extensive record covering many facets is more what I have in mind. I’ll be more precise in the future.

I look forward to your response.

chief on June 24, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Romney has a record of RINOism that makes me wretch. You aren’t really going to insist I enumerate them are you? I just bought this keyboard.

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Unseen’s mental health is not in question. He may be very enthusiastic in his support but he is not insane.

Many sane people believe Palin is the best candidate – both in terms of her conservative and executive credentials and in her ability to motivate the electorate. Does she have issues? Sure. They all do, but she is the only candidate who excites. She’s either going to go all the way, or flame out spectacularly – nothing in between. My bet, my hope, is that wins and wins big.

SuzyQAZ on June 24, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Could you see Sarah in her house ?

gh on June 24, 2011 at 6:02 PM

+10

Roy Rogers on June 24, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Could you see Sarah in her house ?

gh on June 24, 2011 at 6:02 PM

I was in St. Petersburg and you can’t see anything because of the rows and rows of old communist high rises. LOL A very sad place.

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 6:07 PM

alwaysfiredup on June 24, 2011 at 5:53 PM

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Coulter clearly has issues with women in charge. She has made jokes about it. It is a shortcoming she has.

ReneePA on June 24, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Why not Senator Coulter?

clnurnberg on June 24, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Why not President Coulter?

Just kidding, just kidding. But really, Ann Coulter holding elective office would lead to all sorts of blogable fun.

Aronne on June 24, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 6:07 PM

My in-laws visited Riga after 1989 and were impressed (not favourably) by the amounts of trash left-over from WW2. No-one ever bothered to clean it up.

gh on June 24, 2011 at 6:09 PM

That anyone would think that Ann Coulter(!) is jealous makes me laugh.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 24, 2011 at 6:01 PM

I can see your face turning green from my house!

idesign on June 24, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Not confused, not stupid, just traveling.

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:52 PM

My apologies. I did not realize you had been out of the loop for so long. Glad to clear things up for you.

JannyMae on June 24, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Terrye on June 24, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Absolutely agree with that.

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 6:14 PM

gh on June 24, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Sadly, in 2011 it’s still like that. The Russian’s spend their tax dollars on restoring old palaces, but have still left the rest of the ruins sit there.

There are no smiles and I now understand the “drinking” problem that is rampant in that country.

Vodka anyone?

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 6:15 PM

SP needs to knock off Begich in her HOME state of Alaska, not pull a Clinton. We in AZ have a fine, reliably conservative, home state candidate in Jeff Flake, and do not need a snow bird senator. If the New Yorker Ann Coulter thinks a senate seat for SP is such a great idea, then she should invite her to take up residence in Manhattan. New York has a history of electing carpetbagger candidates.

exdeadhead on June 24, 2011 at 6:15 PM

rrpjr on June 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I just wanted to have this restated in the thread.

Sharr on June 24, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Yes, me too. Why, it’s almost as if Palin’s experience isn’t the real sticking point with her detractors. /

Aitch748 on June 24, 2011 at 6:19 PM

ReneePA on June 24, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Sometimes it is kind of difficult to know whether Coulter is being snarky to make a point, and when she is stating what she actually believes. She has said that women shouldn’t be allowed to vote, and she makes some good points about how women, in general, make judgments based on emotion rather than brainpower. I don’t think she seriously wants to take the vote away from women. She’s just making a point.

I don’t take this interview about Palin too seriously, because, as I said before, Ann is promoting a book right now.

JannyMae on June 24, 2011 at 6:19 PM

What/who is Lourdes, and what is the connection with Palin?

BobMbx on June 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Lourdes is a HA commenter and ran a 17 hour posting meltdown marathon here at HA on Monday/Tuesday. She had little use for Palin supporters.

I spent 5 hours this morning reading the QOTD thread.
After 8 pages in I had to know how it ended.

eyesky on June 24, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Allahpundit on June 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Just curious AP. You seem to be descending from the clouds to participate in the comments section a little more than you used to. Am I wrong?

MJBrutus on June 24, 2011 at 6:20 PM

exdeadhead on June 24, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Nice rant, but Palin has said that she has no intention of running for the senate seat in Arizona.

Do you always whine like this or is this something new?

chief on June 24, 2011 at 6:21 PM

eyesky on June 24, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Best HotAir thread evah!

JannyMae on June 24, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Best HotAir thread evah!

JannyMae on June 24, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Hall of Fame for sure.

Although I agree with Lourdes on essentially nothing. I am in slight awe of anyone who can do 17 hours, basically without taking a breath.

Back on topic. Sarah Palin was given to us by the creator to serve in an executive role. The Senate is well beneath her capabilities.

POTUS or nothing.

eyesky on June 24, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Yes, the great Hot Air conspiracy to undermine Palin — who wins the Hot Air straw poll every single month — by suggesting that she might do a good job as a senator in the near term. How insulting.

Allahpundit on June 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Yes, because clearly Palin is more qualified to be a legislator/vote sitter than an executive, and this is demonstrated by her experience as a Mayor and a Governor.

fossten on June 24, 2011 at 6:29 PM