Coulter: Why not Senator Palin?

posted at 4:37 pm on June 24, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via Mediaite. Granted, AC’s got a fee-vah and the only prescription is more Chris Christie, but I’ve floated this idea before myself. Arizona makes sense superficially, but the media there would use a Palin candidacy as an excuse to revisit the ridiculous “crosshairs map” nonsense after the Tucson shootings. Why not take on Mark Begich instead when his seat comes up next year? Alaska’s a red state at heart and she’s the world’s most famous Alaskan conservative, and there’s enough bad blood with Begich that she’d probably relish bumping him off. I’ve seen polls showing her favorable rating down even back home, but those numbers are less credible than national numbers: Alaska’s always been hard to poll accurately and surely she earned some new goodwill from promoting the state in her TLC series. If she knocked off Begich, she could follow Hillary’s path by building policy cred in the Senate and then launch a run in either 2016 (if Obama’s reelected) or 2020 (if he isn’t). She’ll be just 56 in 2020, in fact, which is five years younger than Hillary was when she ran in 2008.

Or maybe she’ll roll the dice and run for president now. RCP reports that “The Undefeated” will debut in Iowa next Tuesday, the day after Bachmann formally announces her campaign in Waterloo. No word yet on whether she’ll attend, but ask Romney what happens to a presidential launch when the media gets wind of an imminent Sarah Palin appearance.

Update: Whoops, brain freeze on my part. Begich isn’t up until 2014. For some reason I was thinking he was elected in 2006. Apologies for the mistake.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Why not Senator Coulter?

clnurnberg on June 24, 2011 at 4:39 PM

That would be cool.

Vegi on June 24, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Oh no …

I don’t care what some people think AP, I think you do a great job and are not involved in some conspiracy to undermine Sarah Palin.

darwin on June 24, 2011 at 4:40 PM

hmmm becauase Palin said on June 3rd she has no intention of running for Senate. Do you bloggers do any dam research?

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Why not Senator Coulter?

clnurnberg on June 24, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Good question. Love to hear Coulter expounding on the Senate floor.

darwin on June 24, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Loves me some Ann.

I can’t figure out why she’s been avoiding me all these years.

BobMbx on June 24, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Why not President Palin?

kingsjester on June 24, 2011 at 4:43 PM

This is the right next move for Palin if she wants to be part of elected office again.

I say this as a person who likes and supports Sarah Palin, but knows she not only can’t beat Obama next year, but also would likely do her own brand a lot of harm just by running.

Fire away, blind Palinistas.

Red Cloud on June 24, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Why not Senator Coulter?

clnurnberg on June 24, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Oh yes. Move next door to me, Ann, and kick Sherrod Brown out of the Senate.

KeepOhioRed on June 24, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Never stops fascinating me how the mere shadow of Sarah Palin can shroud the luster of so many seemingly bright people.

Anybody who’d spent even a short time studying Palin would recognize her unsuitability to the role of a Senator and her obvious uninterest in the prospect.

Assuming Coulter isn’t obtuse about or inattentive to the nature of the human political character, she must have an another agenda. Gee, what could that be?

rrpjr on June 24, 2011 at 4:44 PM

I wonder if Lourdes would support a Senator Palin?

*runs from room chuckling wickedly*

eyesky on June 24, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Because it’s Romney’s turn!

I don’t get the Christie love though. Yea he’s loud, but other than budgets he’s wrong on just about everything else.

PetecminMd on June 24, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Why not Senator Coulter?

Annie wouldn’t voter for herself. She likes her pols to have a Y chromosome.

james23 on June 24, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Fire away, blind Palinistas.

Red Cloud on June 24, 2011 at 4:43 PM

YOU FILTHY MOBY RINO!!!

/palinbot

KeepOhioRed on June 24, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Throughout history, former governors make better presidents than Senators or Representatives.

So who are the GOP contenders who used to be governors, and who aren’t?

BobMbx on June 24, 2011 at 4:46 PM

I wonder if Lourdes would support a Senator Palin?

*runs from room chuckling wickedly*

eyesky on June 24, 2011 at 4:45 PM

What/who is Lourdes, and what is the connection with Palin?

BobMbx on June 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM

“That’s it man, game over man, game over! What the f*ck are we gonna do now?”

the_nile on June 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Yes, the great Hot Air conspiracy to undermine Palin — who wins the Hot Air straw poll every single month — by suggesting that she might do a good job as a senator in the near term. How insulting.

Allahpundit on June 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Fire away, blind Palinistas.

Red Cloud on June 24, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Right. Because anyone who might disagree with you is “blind.”

I have a simpler idea. How about Palin does what Palin thinks is best?

Missy on June 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM

“That is not what my plan is here, no. I have not really considered that at all, but thanks for asking. You have great senators here though,” said Palin.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Sisyphus returns.

And I’m just clowning, AP.

BobMbx on June 24, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Sarah Palin says she isn’t considering a 2012 candidacy for a U.S. Senate seat from Arizona.

The former Alaskan governor tells KNXV-TV that running for Senate is not her plan and that she hasn’t considered a Senate candidacy in Arizona.

Her comments came Friday during a brief interview at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix.

Palin’s recent purchase of a part-time home in Scottsdale spurred speculation that she might run for the Senate seat now held by fellow Republican Jon Kyl.

Kyl is not running for re-election.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/06/03/20110603sarah-palin-not-planning-arizona-senate-run-kyl.html#ixzz1QEFF7LmX

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 4:50 PM

I have a simpler idea. How about Palin does what Palin thinks is best?
Missy on June 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM

I like it! I think Palin does, too.

rrpjr on June 24, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Coulter has got it all wrong. Christie keeps saying he won’t run. Since any candidate for president would get the “Palin treatment” it might as well be Palin for president.

scrubjay on June 24, 2011 at 4:51 PM

I have a simpler idea. How about Palin does what Palin thinks is best?

Missy on June 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM

That works for me, and being a senator, is a drawback in my opinion. It seems people want to do their best to make Palin just like every other politician when in fact she… is better than that.

Sharr on June 24, 2011 at 4:51 PM

I never seen so many ppl try and get somebody not to run, it is mind boggling.

djohn669 on June 24, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Allahpundit on June 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Hey, whatever happened to the updates in that bus tour thread?

cs89 on June 24, 2011 at 4:52 PM

So why when Gov Palin has knocked this stupid theory down in her own words on June 3rd would Ann and others continue to make crap up and push this narrative?

that’s like three made up narratives this week alone. Has journalism died?

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Why not Senator Coulter?

Great idea. I can just see some Democratic Senator with a dictionary looking up OLEAGINOUS SYCOPHANT.

MaiDee on June 24, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Liberal Group “I hate it when I wake up and Sarah Palin is still alive” Swells to Over 3,000 Members

Is this what the Left calls civility? The Facebook group “I hate it when I wake up and Sarah Palin is still alive” has grown to well over 3,000 members. 3,249 people to be exact. Over three thousand left-wingers wish to see Mrs. Palin die.

Check out their deranged comments…

idesign on June 24, 2011 at 4:53 PM

that’s like three made up narratives this week alone. Has journalism died?

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Well, going through her e-mails didn’t do them any good…

kingsjester on June 24, 2011 at 4:54 PM

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Agenda. The fear of Palin and a Palin candidacy runs so deep in so many places among the elite many are not even conscious of it.

rrpjr on June 24, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Coulter is right, of course. If Palin wants to be President, she’ll have to return to elected office to gain credibility first, preferably as a senator or governor.

Having only 2.5 years experience in major elected office before resigning was a deal-killer in itself, and preaching exclusively to the choir since hasn’t helped her prospects, even if her bank account did benefit greatly.

Will she do it? I doubt it. She seems to be looking for a quick and easy shortcut that just isn’t there.

Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 4:55 PM

If she wins the primary, those leftards will be committing a crime.

BobMbx on June 24, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Well, going through her e-mails didn’t do them any good…

kingsjester on June 24, 2011 at 4:54 PM

True…but now they are just making crap up out of whole cloth. I wonder if Ann understands she is part of the mobe she writes about in her book. I doubt it. Too ironic for her to understand…

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 4:55 PM

I used to like Coulter. But she has become a near joke. I think if palin ever becomes president, her and Mehgan McCain will be best of buddies.

astonerii on June 24, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Apparently, gun laws, racism and Sarah Palin are responsible for murder in Chicago…

Chicago Police Superintendent McCarthy on gun laws/racism/Palin

idesign on June 24, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Fire away, blind Palinistas.

Red Cloud on June 24, 2011 at 4:43 PM

What a moronic post.

She’s an executive. Putting her in this kind of political body would be an utter waste and ignores her gifts as an executive.

Good grief.

powerpro on June 24, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 4:55 PM

your concern is noted.

So Palin is unqualified per Ann because she only has 2.5 years as GOv but Christie with his 1.5 years is quailified.

got it.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Allahpundit on June 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM

So when can we expect your blog post about how Rep. Bachmann should drop out of the 2012 GOP primary and concentrate on winning Klobuchar’s Senate seat to expand her policy cred?

Hell, how about a post on Herman Cain winning any election and having any policy cred before running for president.

I look forward to those blog posts.

chief on June 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Coulter must be confused. Just a few weeks ago, Coulter said that POTUS would be a step down for Palin. Wouldn’t Senator be a bigger step down?

Palin has said she’s not interested in running for the Senate. The only elective office that Palin may run for will be POTUS. If she doesn’t run in 2012, she’ll never run for elective office again.

To suggest that Palin would be interested in saddling herself with a Senate seat is STOOOPID. You really think she’d take a job that displaces her family to be one of 535 people who can’t accomplish crap? I don’t think so.

NoNails on June 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 4:57 PM

damn, you beat me to it.

JVelez on June 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM

I don’t think Palin likes campaigning. She seems to prefer being a pundit rather than enduring the scrutiny and rigors of the modern campaign trail.

lexhamfox on June 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM

3 words – Mo. Men. Tum.

sleepy-beans on June 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Why are conservative women so damn hot?

All those years I spent going to Donk events…ugh.

Worse than my vote for Al Gore…

Bruno Strozek on June 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM

BTW… Palin has already said that running for the Senate is not her plan.

powerpro on June 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM

If Palin were to become a senator and then quit halfway through her term, would it be considered a liability or a badge of courage?

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:00 PM

lexhamfox on June 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM

She has to campaign for that???

ROFLMAO!!!!

Roy Rogers on June 24, 2011 at 5:01 PM

lexhamfox on June 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM

With respect, you don’t have a clue as to what you’re talking about.

She loves to campaign. Look at what she did both in Alaska and in 2008 to see how much she enjoys being on the trail.

powerpro on June 24, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Palin’s personality is not suited for either the Senate or House. Sausage making would not be her strong suit. She is a reformer/leader and wouldn’t wear well in the present way of doing things in an organization requiring collegiality above all else.

a capella on June 24, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Why are conservative women so damn hot?

All those years I spent going to Donk events…ugh.

Worse than my vote for Al Gore…

Bruno Strozek on June 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Beauty is only skin deep, but liberal is to the bone.

BobMbx on June 24, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Why not Senator Coulter?

clnurnberg on June 24, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Methinks the Coulter-geist is from Connecticut, like me. She would certainly get my vote if she ran, but this state which just elected 5 Dems to the House in 2010 and Tricky Dick Blumen-arse to the Senate couldn’t elect anyone to the right of Joe-mentum.

Steve Z on June 24, 2011 at 5:01 PM

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:00 PM

If someone posts something idiotic and no one listens, does it disappear from the page?

powerpro on June 24, 2011 at 5:02 PM

BTW, I think the one statement she said on Christie was so accurate. There is nothing brave about tax cuts when your a republican governor in charge of a state as bad as NJ. What’s brave is to continue to make cuts even if you get a surplus. That statement alone would crush him…

JVelez on June 24, 2011 at 5:02 PM

If she wins the primary, those leftards will be committing a crime.

BobMbx on June 24, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Well then I guess there are also 834,452 people who are also committing crimes too?

I hate it when I wake up in the morning and Barack Obama is President Facebook page.

It’s been up there for a couple of years, I’m a proud member which means I’m going to jail or something like that.

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:02 PM

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:00 PM

PDS

idesign on June 24, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Fire away, blind Palinistas.

Red Cloud on June 24, 2011 at 4:43 PM

I’m not a Palinista but why are people afraid of her running? Whoever wants to run for President should run and let the process play out.

I’ve lost some respect for Ann Coulter. She’s sounding like a conservative Maureen Dowd when it comes to Sarah Palin.

RedRobin145 on June 24, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Allahpundit on June 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Martyrpundit.

The whining.

Ok , your readers want her to run for president. Isn’t this “let’s settle for something less, she’ll be a great dogcatcher” somewhat an insult?

the_nile on June 24, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Forget Palin – I just don’t know how Ann Coulter can get on the same team as the Global Warming crowd. I just don’t. Usually she does her research. (She champions Christie, and now accepts Romney.) Yeah, they’re both not McCain….but COULTER! THINK!

Marcus on June 24, 2011 at 5:03 PM

I love Coulter. She is 100% wrong.

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Let the group know when you have something original to add.

csdeven on June 22, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Can’t even pass your own test, can you?

portlandon on June 24, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Round 2!

Lets get reaaddddddy to ruuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmbbbbbble!

BallisticBob on June 24, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Why do people keep responding to csdeven’s idiotic posts?

NoNails on June 24, 2011 at 5:04 PM

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Hey look! Unseen crawled out of Palin’s colon long enough to reply to this thread!

rickyricardo on June 24, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:02 PM

yeah because wishing someone not to be POTUs is the same has wishing someone dead.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Im in AZ. I would be happy to work for Sarah in a run for Kyls seat.

ginaswo on June 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM

why not private citizen palin

offroadaz on June 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM

rickyricardo on June 24, 2011 at 5:04 PM

says the guy that hates plain yet posts on all her threads.
seek help for your PDS.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM

If her eventual goal is the presidency, Palin should run for the Arizona Senate seat, rather than Alaska.

aunursa on June 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Beauty is only skin deep, but liberal is to the bone.

BobMbx on June 24, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Ugly stick tends to leave a scar.

Roy Rogers on June 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Yes, of course. Clearly and of course, of course.

I’m sorry, of course, to let you know that a former town councilwoman, mayor, governor, President of the Conference of Mayors, Chairwoman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, Chair of the National Governors Association and National Resources Committee, mother of five, co-owner of a family fishing business and the vice presidential candidate of her party doesn’t need any further bona fide to run for higher political office and even with half these accreditations still wouldn’t need it after the precedent established by the CV-challenged clown currently holding the office.

rrpjr on June 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM

scrubjay on June 24, 2011 at 4:51 PM

What made the “Palin treatment” effective is that she responded poorly to it. Instead of going toe to toe with the MSM and taking them on face to face, she hid behind Facebook and Hannity to whine about it.

Candidates who choose advisors based on experience and competence instead of mere personal devotion (as Palin has done) aren’t likely to make that mistake.

The schoolyard bully always favors the kid he knows won’t fight back when looking for someone to pick on.

Palin probably isn’t running anyways, but the opposition to her doing so is because Republicans want to beat Obama in 2012, and Palin isn’t up to the task.

Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 5:07 PM

They aren’t likely to get very far with that narrative, considering the cops found evidence in the gunman’s own handwriting that he formed his intent to shoot Giffords back in 2007, after he met her at a local meet-and-greet and she didn’t respond to him in the way his psychotic little heart desired.

Unless the media here know how to bend time backwards, there’s no credible way to make Sarah Palin’s 2010 “crosshairs” image the impetus for a mentally ill individual’s intent to kill in 2007.

AZCoyote on June 24, 2011 at 5:07 PM

President Palin and Senator Coulter.

Win-win.

Fallon on June 24, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:02 PM

Just shows what an idiot you are!!!

I see you don’t get the difference from wanting someone dead and wanting someone not being President.

Know wonder your screen name is Knucklehead…LOL

idesign on June 24, 2011 at 5:07 PM

says the guy that hates plain yet posts on all her threads.
seek help for your PDS.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM

When have I said I “hate” Palin? I’ve always felt she would be a great kingmaker on the sidelines. The fact that she will guarantee Obama’s election lead me to oppose her.

Dude! Your paid position as a blog spammer for C4P has made U insane.

rickyricardo on June 24, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Beauty is only skin deep, but liberal is to the bone.

BobMbx on June 24, 2011 at 5:01 PM
Ugly stick tends to leave a scar.

Roy Rogers on June 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM

the evil on the inside leaks out and makes the outside ugly sooner or later.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Why do people keep responding to csdeven’s idiotic posts?

NoNails on June 24, 2011 at 5:04 PM

It is called an obsession. You know as well as I that for the last month, I have been encouraging them to ignore me if they can’t handle what I write without having a come apart.

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:08 PM

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Take your concerns up with Facebook.

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:09 PM

I think it is a good idea.

terryannonline on June 24, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Allahpundit on June 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Did you ever walk back your “I felt like the “double rainbow” guy reading this. Ohhhhhhhhh, wha-ha-wowwwww. What does this mean?” post?

Just wondering, since you fell for the media spin of Palin quitting her bus tour. Or are you following ABC news and going to pull the “Jury Duty-Gate” post later tonight?

portlandon on June 24, 2011 at 5:09 PM

the evil on the inside leaks out and makes the outside ugly sooner or later.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 5:08 PM

….acid for blood…Ripley was right

BobMbx on June 24, 2011 at 5:10 PM

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Self-awareness is not a strong suit w Anne.

james23 on June 24, 2011 at 5:10 PM

says the guy that hates plain yet posts on all her threads.
seek help for your PDS.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM

This is a discussion blog and was never meant to be an echo chamber. If you can’t stand the opposition, why even pick a side?

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM

President Palin and Senator Coulter.

Win-win.

Fallon on June 24, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Oh my YES!!!!

THAT calls for some ZAPPA!

Advice the haters fail to heed

Roy Rogers on June 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM

I’m not a Palinista but why are people afraid of her running?

Because her nomination guarantee an Obama second term?

That’s reason enough to oppose her nomination….strongly.

Maybe you want another radical leftist on the Supreme Court….some of us don’t.

rickyricardo on June 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 5:07 PM

I don’t think I have seen a more clueless post since the last cdseven post. Here’s your sign./

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Know wonder your screen name is Knucklehead…LOL

idesign on June 24, 2011 at 5:07 PM

There’s one of those too and another about pee’ing on Obama, the HA filters keep eating my link.

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Granted, AC’s got a fee-vah and the only prescription is more Chris Christie,

With his hardly conservative stands on gun control, abortion, and immigration, why does AC want him to run so badly? He’s a fiscal hawk, no doubt, but I’m not certain his judicial appointments would be helpful to conservatives.

ladyingray on June 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM

your concern is noted.

got it.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 4:57 PM

I was addressing her opinion about Palin, not Christie. As much as I’ve enjoyed watching him face down Dems on youtube clips, I don’t think he should run for President this cycle.

Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 5:12 PM

….acid for blood…Ripley was right

BobMbx on June 24, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Ready the air lock…

Roy Rogers on June 24, 2011 at 5:12 PM

powerpro on June 24, 2011 at 5:02 PM

You’ll never know if you keep feeding your obsession by reading every comment I write.

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 5:12 PM

rickyricardo on June 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Palin is the only one that can beat Obama. do you think Mitt has coattails or Mitt can creat a wave election?

pklease. Mitt can’t win the south. Without the south Obama wins.

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Obviously, His Oneness is unbeatable. Let’s run someone who can lose gracefully to him.

/rino

CurtZHP on June 24, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Take your concerns up with Facebook.

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Take your concern up with your psychologist.

idesign on June 24, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Valerie Jarret is into watersports?

Roy Rogers on June 24, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Since we are planning other peoples lives, careers and futures, may I suggest to Ann Coulter that she should try for a position at Fox, perhaps take over the time slot when Beck leaves. I just believe she could be even more successful. I know I’d be up for an hour with Ann.

dragondrop on June 24, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Take your concerns up with Facebook.

Knucklehead on June 24, 2011 at 5:09 PM

still can’t admit when you are wrong I see. classy/

unseen on June 24, 2011 at 5:14 PM

I look forward to those blog posts.

chief on June 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Could not have said this better myself.

Eh, AP?

davek70 on June 24, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Why not? Possibly because, imho, the skill set for governor/president/chief executive is somewhat different than that of a senator/legislator/committee member.

Is my main problem with Pence and Bachmann. Sure, they might be great conservatives and legislators, but I’d prefer for them to serve as governors of their states first, before running for president. Which is why I’m very glad that Pence will run for gov of Indiana. I have very high hopes for the man.

Sure, Palin might do a decent job as senator and it is important to increase the number of competent conservative senators, but unless she ended up chairing one of the more important committees such as Foreign Affairs (which would never be given to a freshman senator), she’d not really be burnishing any “presidential creds” by being just one more wader through the muddy morass that is the Legislative Branch of Congress.

I’d prefer someone with executive experience as president so that colors my opinions of any presidential candidate, though I will in fact vote for whomever wins the GOP primary in the general.

Kirin on June 24, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Hollowpoint on June 24, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Yes, of course. Clearly and of course, of course.

rrpjr on June 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I just wanted to have this restated in the thread.

Sharr on June 24, 2011 at 5:15 PM