Bachmann’s “big” announcement tour

posted at 6:15 pm on June 23, 2011 by Tina Korbe

Just as former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin winds down (or doesn’t) her “One Nation” bus tour, the oft-compared and actual presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) launches her own interstate travel.

Bachmann, who announced her intention to announce her presidential candidacy at the second Republican presidential primary debate last week in New Hampshire, will actually announce her campaign 9 a.m. Monday in Waterloo, Iowa.

The next day, it’s off to Manchester, NH, for a “backyard chat.” She’ll complete her triangle tour with a day and a half in South Carolina — for a couple meet-and-greets, yet another downhome chat in a backyard and a townhall.

The focus of the tour? According to a media advisory: “While meeting with voters, Bachmann will highlight important elements of her personal story and her journey to political life.”

Bachmann the politician impresses me — battle-tested, poised, authentic. Bachmann the person, the wife, the mother impresses me more — committed, generous, protective. I’m eager to learn more of “her personal story and her journey to political life.”

My only concern: It worries me that her strong personal credentials could give her campaign a kitschy vibe. As I wrote after the debate, she nearly turned her foster children into a talking point — inadvertently almost diminishing a sterling standalone accomplishment. (I say “almost” because, really, could any words diminish so strong a witness to hospitality, warmth and generosity?) Just enough of the personal Bachmann needs to permeate her candidacy to convey her charisma and general likability — but not too much, lest she become a “personality,” a kind of caricature, an influential force but a viable candidate no more.

Iowa, obviously, will be crucial for Bachmann — and this early announcement tour surely aims to make inroads there, as well as in two other important primary states. The projected friendly feel to the tour seems well-suited to that — but I hope Bachmann will also eventually adopt a broader focus for her primary campaign, touting time and time again all that she has accomplished in Congress. Those are the talking points voters need to hear. She’s fought too hard for conservative principles for far too long to just be “the female candidate” with an impressive personal history.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7

You insult Palinistas all the time. Directly and repeatedly. Why should anyone follow advice you do not follow yourself?

alwaysfiredup on June 24, 2011 at 3:03 PM

It’s a case of Lourdes-like irony.

Badger40 on June 24, 2011 at 3:10 PM

alwaysfiredup on June 24, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Nice try. I criticize those of you who are obsessed with me to the point you turn every thread into a csdeven thread. If you would cease the personal attacks on me, I couldn’t very well address your obsession now could I?

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Louise! Your mascara is running!

Roy Rogers on June 24, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Another thread hijacked by the egomaniacal csdeven.

darwin on June 24, 2011 at 4:31 PM

darwin on June 24, 2011 at 4:31 PM

It was a sock puppet echo chamber a few pages ago.

Louise could not invoke a response from anyone so she activated Thelma to talk to.

Roy Rogers on June 24, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Badger40 on June 24, 2011 at 3:05 PM

So lets get this straight so the group is clear on your logic….you Palin supporters can post the same Palin talking points time after time and that is a-okay. When someone criticizes Palin time after time, it is spamming and annoying? Do you even consider what you write before you post it? That is the epitome of hypocrisy!

To continue…..because you choose be irritated by comments that don’t fit your world view, and respond to it with personal insults, that is evidence to you that a person wants to be insulted? Did I ask you if you even read what you write before posting it? Does your mind really work that way or are you just so committed to insulting me that you will say anything to appear justified?

I would have no problem with your dog comparison if it were actually analogous to this format. Do you really think you have committed to read every single comment written by every single commentator on HA? That is the only way you can claim you have no ability to ignore whomever you choose.

Listen dude, you really need to get your head straight on these issues. First, criticisms of Palin are not personal insults to you. Second, you can choose what comments you read. Third, you can choose how you react to what you choose to read. Forth, blaming me for your choice to have a melt down over the comments you choose to read is tantamount to saying you are a weak minded simpleton who has no control over his actions.

It baffles me as to why so many of you whom are obsessed with me continue to defend your meltdowns by insisting you have a deficiency in your ability to practice forbearance.

Seriously dude, it isn’t even a curiosity for me any longer. I imagine most people who interact with you are basically just putting up with you because they are a captive audience.

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Guess which one is the “wife”

Roy Rogers on June 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Another thread hijacked by the egomaniacal csdeven.

darwin on June 24, 2011 at 4:31 PM

It really doesn’t understand the irony of itself.

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM

You should really take your own advice.
You’re really a legend in your own mind.
And that’s about it.
Dude.

Badger40 on June 24, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I am SOOOO mad about all the talk of “increase the debt limit or we default.”

BS!!! Not increasing the “debt limit” is an INSTANT BALANCED BUDGET AMENDMENT!

Can spend only what ya take in, y’know?

Who is John Galt on June 24, 2011 at 6:53 PM

So now you don’t want money? Make up your mind….exactly what are you proposing?

And just so you know, I am not in the habit of making friendly wagers with people who acrimoniously vent at me. You aren’t my friend, you don’t respect my differing opinion, and you aren’t willing to agree to disagree. Why in goodness name would I take our interaction beyond what it is now?

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 1:40 PM

An “unfriendly wager”, then. Anyway, since you’re so confident that Palin’s going nowhere, it would be easy money for you. Believe me, I can cover. So come on. Take me up on it. Or could it be that you’re not all that confident in your endless blather? Ziegler at least had the guts to put his money where his mouth is. You don’t.

pseudoforce on June 24, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Ziegler at least had the guts to put his money where his mouth is. You don’t.

pseudoforce on June 24, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Still encouraging me to break the laws of my state?

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Still encouraging me to break the laws of my state?

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 9:36 PM

You’ve already broken most of the laws of nature squish.

Roy Rogers on June 24, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Ziegler at least had the guts to put his money where his mouth is. You don’t.

pseudoforce on June 24, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Still encouraging me to break the laws of my state?

csdeven on June 24, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Tell me what state you’re in and I’ll look up to see how many are in the pen for making bets with acquaintances. You just don’t have the guts to back up what you preach. Admit it.

pseudoforce on June 25, 2011 at 12:26 AM

pseudoforce on June 25, 2011 at 12:26 AM

So, you only obey the laws when you think you’re going to get caught. Yeah, that figures.

csdeven on June 25, 2011 at 7:36 AM

csdeven, in 2008 you were with Mittens. Who is your ’12 favorite candidate?

maverick muse on June 25, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Bachmann

Tina Korbe

Your only concern? wtf: calling an exemplary conservative and responsible lifestyle “kitsch”!

Revelatory, Tina, about catty you slinging muddy kitsch at the better public figure than yourself.

maverick muse on June 25, 2011 at 8:45 AM

During the last debate, Bachmann stayed within time limits that only allowed candidate sound bites.

Establishing the U.S. House Tea Party Caucus sums things up for observant constituents listening under her time constraints.

The debate format provided a national audience for her campaign announcement.

The campaign trail provides well over a year to pound points regarding Bachmann’s legislative efforts and accomplishments, alongside her rivals.

Nail the hypocrisy of Republicans who used Fred Thompson’s traditionally timed entry to knife his constitutional First Principles campaign in the back (with the aid of a campaign management messaging saboteur). Look at all the dragging feet avoiding/refusing ’12 campaigns. To date, the only declared GOP candidates are those who’ve attempted previous potus campaign failures (“promise anything for a vote” Mitt; global fraud promoter Newt; “if you’re not with me, you’re against me” Santorum). Now there’s Cain; and there’s Bachmann’s fresh entry, stimulating other candidates that don’t share Tea Party values to tease voters. But the slow pokes without fire in the belly won’t enter ’12 as quickly as they themselves demanded that Fred Thompson enter ’08. And Palin fans aside, voters’ DEMAND for “fire in the belly” is absent ’12 given the complete campaign coverage domination from the establishment.

Lesson? Never forfeit the Constitution. Don’t make rash demands/decisions without forethought to ultimate consequences. As Teh Fred said, Policy Matters because we’re stuck with the results.

maverick muse on June 25, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Michelle Bauchmann announcing her candidacy at a little
get together in Waterloo, Iowa on Monday, June 27th.

Sarah Palin attending the Iowa premier of “The Undefeated”
in Pella, Iowa on Tuesday, June 28th; little get together
afterwards.

Checkmate!

Palin showing MB how it is done!

Amjean on June 25, 2011 at 2:56 PM

csdeven, in 2008 you were with Mittens. Who is your ’12 favorite candidate?

maverick muse on June 25, 2011 at 8:39 AM

I don’t know yet. I will vote for the GOP nominee as every other rational conservative will. I like Bachmann, and Cain, and am trying to get a handle on Perry. Have you noticed how divided Texans are on him? It is making it tough to make an accurate assessment. I have the feeling I’m going have to take a barf bag into the booth with me when I pull the lever for Romney. The guy has doubled down on the RINOism and I’m scared he will govern like one too.

csdeven on June 26, 2011 at 9:16 AM

I’m a man and Bachmann and Herman Cain are my top two picks for the nomination. The globalists, Marxists, professors&teachers, and the government media&entertainment complex FEARS Bachmann more than Palin or anybody for that matter. She will press the flesh of every American listening, considering, and learning about what we want like candidates used to do 200 years ago. A Bachmann/West ticket would be unstoppable. But again I think anybody from former cubs fan Steve(?) Bartman to bill buckner could beat Obama.

Obama will not win a second tern because he has managed to piss off everybody from many of his global Marxo-Fascists friends to the young lefties to most women, even most will not openly admit it, to many black Americans, though most will not admit it but it is sure talked about in the communities because he has not helped them and he is an embarrassment to the community as both weak and inauthentic, to all independents and conservatives. He has hinted he will not be running in 2012 in several interviews lately and if he does run, he has hinted that he knows he cannot win and will lose willingly to a Romney or Rick Perry both would be just as bad. Both have the nod of the Global Corporatists, pan Leninists and internationalists.

I’m very wary of Rick Perry. He is a Globalist stoge… a wolf in sheep’s clothing. If a candidate is a member of the globalist groups like trilateral, bilderberg, ect.. then I’m not interested. If that groups gives him the ok I’m running in the opposite direction. Hell even drudge is openly reporting on Bilderberg these last few years.

Romney NO

Palin NO run for senate and be a king maker

Perry NO

TPaw no

Demint Yes but stay a force in the Senate

Cain Yes even though he was a member of the KC FED but the KC FED is the only region that is against destroying the dollar. His membership does worry me though… worries me a lot

Huck NO

Paul NO but lord he has a great movement when is comes to sound monetary policy … and fiscal. Forgeign policy he is out there… way to out there. Would make a perfect Treasury Sec IMO

West Hell Yes…. if he is not picked for VP then you know the fix is in.

Johnson no… 8 years from now after we have moved back towards the Constitution he would be perfect as a VP

Huntsman Hell NO

Bachmann Yes the woman is smart and has a backbone the rivals West’s. She looks strong standing next to anybody including global leaders like Putin and China’s leaders, All of Europe’s leaders, I have faith that she will not be bought or compromised like West. I think Bachmann is Clinton of 1992 but only more intelligent and a person who loves her country and the Constitution. The lady is very strong, watch for the networks to ridicule her, give her little time on air display her intelligence, and lock her out of debates. They fear her more than Palin.

Rand Paul 8 years from now Yes but should be voted house leader asap.

Paul Ryan Yes only with West as VP

Christie no bc he does not want it and we need somebody who wants it

Jindal no

Newt Hell No

Barber Hell No

Rubio No because he seems power hungry and has globalist tenancies. I do not trust him.

Trump LOL hell no

like I said anybody will beat Obama, its important to elect a true conservative and Constitutionalist because we may have pasted the point of no return into a global government hell complete with a new worthless fiat currency so the sheep can buy their toys (ipads, smart phones, memberships to social data collecting sites…. I mean social networking sites) with digital gold which is the world’s currency of the future that will be deposited into your bank account after you have finished a weeks work or two weeks work on the global corporatists plantations. Don’t believe me about digital gold then google it because it was leaked, actually it was discussed in the open, to the FT or bloomberg or some major rag about a year or two ago. 1.2 quadtrillion in worthless derivatives must go back to zero, what they were worth to begin with.

Bachmann/West 2012 to usher in 100 years of conservative principles, Natural Rights, sound money, and the Constitution. Bachmann for 4 and West for the next 8. The dems have NOBODY in their farm system hence why the have infiltrated the Republican party and conservatism decades ago. The dems talent pool for the future is a joke that is laughable, just like Agent Chaos who once you see him for what he is, a big city street con man who is barely fit to run the find the red queen con. He is a weak pathetic loser who is not worth one more minute of good loyal Americans angst.

If Conservatives don’t blow their wad or show their hand too early we might take New York and Cali along with every other state in the Union, because the media and elites are clueless to the game the true conservative candidates are playing and by the time they catch on, 2024 AD, conservatives will have infiltrated and filled many of the posts those traitors once held since the 1960′s. That Dream Act was a hail mary desperation pass that will not work bc voters do not like or trust Obama, not even illegals. No Axelrod it is not cool to be an Obama supporter, put it pays well I hear… and it pays alot to get people to work for and support such a weak clueless leader 90 percent of voters would not follow out out the door marked exit of a burning building nor would they be seen with him in public because who wants to be seen with a naked man crazy enough to think he is clothed or a nerd who has the fashion sense of a 8 year old. Thank God for the secret ballot in Elections!!! Thank God a few leaders in Congress who are about to cause the Capital’s big brass balls to drop after the debt ceiling is raised a bit, and we can finally see who is on what team and vote them out!!!

We the People are Pissed and it is finally cool to be a pissed off individual, those asleep are slowly waking up pissed off. Ipads, Facebook, beer, and Bjs are no longer enough for the herd, the herd knows 2 + 2 =4 and realize they have been made fools of by believing it was 5, repeating the lie like they were smart having the correct answer of 5, and continuing to be told it is 5. The herd wants to be told it is 4, and that is what the new breed of Conservative leaders are telling them, and the herd feels smart and most importantly respected.

So rejoice our kids may be governed by Natural Law and the Constitution 20 years from now along with wages paid in sound money which is taxed by consumption and not taken by force. Most lawyers will be shown for the talentless crooks they are and people like myself will sacrifice to go back to school to become engineers or to get degree in math or science and work until age 80 willingly to rebuild a stronger America built and made by Americans.

2012 will either be a move into total bondage or the shackles will begin to come slowly off over the next 12 to 20 years. I get chill bumps thinking of the times we live in because they are unlike no other in the history of man. If people want to sit on the sidelines, that will be one large yellow stripe painted on their back and subconscious that will make their friends and family embarrassed to talk to them in public when the shackles start to come off.

Damn I love the smell of making history every morning with millions of my Countrymen and women… I love the smell of lefty desperation and cluelessness knowing they have no where to turn since they do not believe in God…. I love the smell of Mika Brzezinski’s growing insanity dripping on the worthless wet ink of globalist propaganda as she reads the news nobody can use… I love the smell of a stampeding herd running towards freedom with their doo doo stained hooves trampling the fences and tearing up the fresh clean carpets of their former plantation masters. It smells like Allen West’s worn brook brothers shirts after touching the grime from the rest of the members of Congress to women and sometimes men. Most of the time it smells like the mixture of Michelle Bachmann’s sweet sweat and her perfume called Brains&Backbone as she lay in the sun in a bikini on vacation or after a long day of work on a business suit reading books on Islam, China, Austrian schools of economics, Constitutional law, White papers from Constitutional think tanks to undo 100 years of Marxist chaos and destruction, the Fair Tax, and finally lingerie catalogs because at the end of her day she will always look sexy never rolling over complaining of a headache… but she provides relief like the wildcat we all know she is, and the pillow talk is foreplay for the next morning, her husband is one lucky man;-)

after 2012 we will all be able to laugh at the absurd again instead of crying and/or praying because the most absurd the world has ever known is the most powerful man on the planet, in charge of the strongest military ever with the most dangerous weapons man has ever known, printing tens of trillions of fiat to give to foreign banks, countries, failed companies, and the entitlement class, while playing golf as the world burns hotter and having 15 minute workouts with Reggie from 9 to 915 every morning before seizing more power to cause chaos like a infant firing a gun at people who tell him he can’t do something, those who uphold the Constitution and Natural Law and have pride in America.

Bachmann/West 2012 Ask not why, but why the hell not???

Watching_Cloward-Piven on June 27, 2011 at 4:49 AM

ok bachmann is boring to talk about. Got a Plain thread up with Tina telling Palin to just be a cheerleader.

unseen on June 27, 2011 at 5:36 PM