Video: Is Sarah Palin actually an idiot?

posted at 2:40 pm on June 20, 2011 by Tina Korbe

Jim Treacher at The Daily Caller sure seems to think so. “Sorry everybody,” Treacher writes, “but after watching this astonishing video, I can come to no other conclusion. The evidence is irrefutable. We can’t afford to put somebody this dumb in the White House.” Hate to say it, folks, but I agree with him. Watch the video and I think you will, too (clip includes profanity):

Switching out of tongue-in-cheek mode: “Let me be absolutely clear.” I can imagine the pressures of the presidency and, in light of those pressures, I don’t find even this impressive amalgamation of misspoken remarks too troubling. But the hypocrisy absolutely deserves the treatment it receives here! Reminds me of SE Cupp’s recent interview with Martin Bashir. She was talking about Michele Bachmann, but her comments are applicable to criticisms of Palin, too (and, no, not because they’re both women — Cupp hits on that in the interview with Bashir, too). “If you spend that much time in the public sector in the limelight, whether you’re Joe Biden who can’t spell ‘jobs’ or remember when the television was invented or you’re the president who can’t pronounce ‘Corpsman’ or remember how many states there are, you’re going to sort of misstep here and there,” Cupp said. “Bottom line, Michele Bachmann is a capable leader.” Yep. So is Sarah Palin.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I’d also like to point out how obtuse it is that the many Palin supporters here view those of us who are more in the center, libertarian, pragmatic, just want to beat Obama, or whatever, as adversaries. Almost by definition, because of our love of freedom and independence, everyone to the left of the average Progressive indoctrinated Obamabot is going to have a differing level of conservatism in their veins. That’s the whole point of freedom, individualism and what makes us all different from the left. On the left, we expect to see lockstep unity and ideological purges.

I hope we can all come together to beat Obama.

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 6:06 PM

You make generalizations about Palin supporters, while at the same time complaining that they make generalizations about you.

Fail.

You are not my adversary. I am a Palin supporter, but I am open to other candidates, if she doesn’t run. Even if she does run, I may decide I like another candidate better. It is very early in the race. Things will change drastically between now and the primary, and even moreso between now and the general election.

Yet, you are insisting to me that Palin’s been destroyed, irreparably, by the media and she can’t win, and if I don’t agree with that, then I am “obtuse” and your “adversary?”

Look in the mirror. You are no different than what you accuse Palin supporters of being.

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 6:53 PM

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 6:48 PM

You really don’t like it when commenters don’t jump through the little hoops you set up, do you?

cslouis- “Is it A or B?”

others- “um, neither?”

cslouis- “WAAAH!”

cs89 on June 20, 2011 at 6:55 PM

I’m always amazed at how much the pro-Palin folks here remind me of the left on other blogs that I frequent. Using words like “stupid,” and your immediately assumption that we must be against everything you stand for, even if we are simply questioning the electability of Palin.

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Do you have the same disdain for those who spam threads with their anti-Palin crap? Somehow, I doubt it. The door swings both ways here. There are people like you describe on both sides, and I bet if you reviewed the commentary here closely, you would see more on the anti-Palin side who behave that way. Why don’t you stick to substance, and stop the insulting comparisons?

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Another Palin post pretending to expose the liberal lies, but is really meant to drive home the Palin is stupid theme over and over again.

Why didn’t you name it, Is Barack Obama actually an idiot?

lonestar1 on June 20, 2011 at 5:18 PM
Thank you! You said it much better than I did -

Amjean on June 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Would everyone please ignore this complete jackass? He craves the attention. Ignore him and he will go away.

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM

I hope we can all come together to beat Obama.

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 6:06 PM

All this bickering about the various candidates is healthy (to an extent),normal, and necessary. Palin is my cand. of choice but whoever gets the nomination is who gets my vote, 0bama must go simple as that.

NY Conservative on June 20, 2011 at 6:58 PM

No one ever said the video showed Palin to be “as bad as Obama.” That was already explained to you.

steebo77 on June 20, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I didn’t see that either. I just assumed he was being dishonest. Most liberals are.

BruthaMan on June 20, 2011 at 6:59 PM

He craves the attention. Ignore him and he will go away.

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM

He never will go away. He’ll just revert to ABDICATE!!11!1 mode.

steebo77 on June 20, 2011 at 7:01 PM

This video is clearly painting Obama in a bad light.

ANYONE who plays golf as much as Obama does is bound to have a divot or two.

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2011 at 7:01 PM

AshleyTKing on June 20, 2011 at 5:48 PM

BruthaMan,

I respectfully disagree. I don’t think you realize how many people out there are not conservative, but who at the same time are sure not on the left. I live in a heavily blue state where there are a lot of moderates just right or left of center. These are great people. I don’t see the need to call friends, pretend friends. These are true great friends of mine, and yet they would not vote for Palin. Whether that’s due to a false narrative painted by the media, their own limited views, etc. doesn’t really matter. If they won’t vote for her, then they won’t vote for her.

I think you and others underestimate this fact. Even if Obama tanks everything even more, why not run someone who inspires many factions in the center and on the right instead of someone who is polarizing. Even if that narrative is a fully manufactured one.

It’s too early yet to know who will be the candidate, but even though I admire Palin’s fight and her personal success, I am more concerned with putting the best possible candidate forward to beat Obama than seeing anyone who I agree with or with whom I personally align the most. The damage done by Obama thus far is too much to settle for anyone less than the candidate that appeals to the widest range. There is NO way you can claim that Palin appeals to widest possible range given the intense effort the media has applied to her discredit. Especially when we don’t even know all of the contenders yet.

Regardless of whether you see it or not, regardless of her book sales, etc. many only know the negative pictures of Palin painted by media and entertainment. And the vast majority are not the folks that follow right and left blogs closely. You are too close. Zoom out.

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Well, then to paraphrase commentary from someone else -

Shame on them for not researching the facts re Palin’s record. Because people (voters) are lazy and stupid we
are supposed to put up a candidate that appeals to their
stupidity! Please! Vote for the candidate that has the record, has walked the talk, is a constitutional conservative, has battled corruption and won, who will take
on the crony capitalism, out of control spending, etc.
in Washington and is behold to no domestic or foreign outside interest. You figure out who that is.

Amjean on June 20, 2011 at 7:02 PM

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM

It’s a she, and she’s been here for years, with her magnum opus being, in my opinion, speculating on Jeri Thompson’s genetic diseases as a justification for ripping on her looks due to csdeven’s dislike of Fred Thompson.

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2011 at 7:03 PM

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2011 at 7:03 PM

It’s a she?

darwin on June 20, 2011 at 7:05 PM

It’s a she?

darwin on June 20, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Here’s what he/she just wrote on the Bachmann thread:

Also, they hate anything that isn’t Palin because they are insecure people. Palin’s success is their success, Palin’s failure is their failure. Remember the riot in Vancouver? THAT will be the scene here when Palin is not the GOP nominee. Total scorched earth rantings.
csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 7:00 PM

The similarities with petunia’s famous “Palin = Bloody Mary” and “Palin supporters are all disgruntled, Walmart-employed divorcées” rants are uncanny. I always thought that csdeven was a he, but maybe csdeven is a she, and that she is petunia?

steebo77 on June 20, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Uh … who do you think the “she” was in that sentence?

MJBrutus on June 20, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Re little Bammie;

He is of average intelligence at best. If his IQ is greater than 120, I’ll eat Jetboy’s new hat.

He is a product of cuckolds such as Matthews, Brooks, et al.

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 5:58 PM

You are being generous, I’m thinking about 110. If his grades and his SATs, LSATs, etc, were good, they would have been released.

slickwillie2001 on June 20, 2011 at 7:09 PM

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2011 at 7:03 PM

I’ve seen several others who insist it’s a “he.”

Doesn’t matter what gender it is, it’s a broken record.

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 7:10 PM

slickwillie2001 on June 20, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Average intelligence would be 100. I think Lanceman was setting a max of 120 for Oboreme. I don’t think he’ll be qualifying for Mensa anytime soon.

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 7:13 PM

steebo77 on June 20, 2011 at 7:09 PM

She does have “Sybill”-like qualities.

darwin on June 20, 2011 at 7:13 PM

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Are you positive? Another long time commenter here insists that csdeven is retired military and has two sons who have served as well.

Kataklysmic on June 20, 2011 at 7:19 PM

I hope we can all come together to beat Obama restore America and her traditions.

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Better than Obama =/= good enough.

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 7:22 PM

slickwillie2001 on June 20, 2011 at 7:09 PM

I think he would score higher than that on an IQ test, it is just that he has been coddled and pandered to his whole life, and he bought into the propaganda of the leftist theorists and academia so completely it is hard to make sense out of his thinking if you don’t understand the neo-commie Alinskyite prism through which he views the world.

He understands the conservative viewpoint perfectly well, he just rejects it in favor of the progressive social justice model based on his life long educational indoctrination.

He really believes that the Constitution is a flawed and outdated document inadequate to the requirements of a 21st century society. He believes that limiting the power of the government is an unfortunate obstacle to the mission of setting right the injustices of a merit based capitalist society through redistribution of resources by force of law.

“Equal rights”, to him means “equal outcomes”.

Don’t underestimate his intelligence because his philosophy is hopelessly flawed. That would be a serious mistake.

Take him seriously as an adversary to the cause of Liberty.

Brian1972 on June 20, 2011 at 7:27 PM

I don’t care. Obama is awesome./

SagebrushPuppet on June 20, 2011 at 7:27 PM

even if we are simply questioning the electability of Palin.

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 6:43 PM

That may fly at Ace’s place but not here. “Electability” is a bogus argument this far out with respect to a person who may or may not be running. You have no idea what she is capable of. You are also not willing to entertain the idea that she could surpass your expectations, or allow us to speculate. Instead you set up a false choice: Palin supporters must Decide! Now! what they will do in the primaries next spring or else they are clueless clods who have no idea what it takes to succeed in politics.

Gee, I wonder what we might find wrong or objectionable about your oh-so-insightful analysis.

alwaysfiredup on June 20, 2011 at 7:37 PM

If any die hard sarah palin fans want to contact me to help promote the movie, please contact me at this screen name at yahoo dot com. I would like to bring you into an activity that is going to be unleashed later this week to set the country on fire FOR Sarah.

karenhasfreedom on June 20, 2011 at 7:42 PM

steebo77 on June 20, 2011 at 7:09 PM

They are both obsessive and really creepy. Petunia seems to be much more coherent sometimes vs. other times. I entertained the possibility that she drinks. There might be more than one person posting under her handle. Csdeven is also very Jeckyll and Hyde.

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Petunia seems to be much more coherent sometimes vs. other times. There might be more than one person posting under her handle. Csdeven is also very Jeckyll and Hyde.

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I’ve noticed the same phenomenon.

Kataklysmic on June 20, 2011 at 7:48 PM

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Look, Jeff, when you have three or four little pathetic trolls that glom onto Palin threads, what do you expect when every other avenue has been exhausted?

Trolls like Deringer inhabit Palin-type threads on places such as Big Hollywood as well. He spews the same childish nonsense there as well and changes no one’s mind.

Same sh!t, different blog.

How pathetic must your life be to search every freaking blog for a Palin thread and then troll it?

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 8:00 PM

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I’ve noticed the same phenomenon.

Kataklysmic on June 20, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I say Petunia = AnninCa. I see the same pattern of messaging in thread after thread, the same lack of logic and brain-dead stubbornness.

slickwillie2001 on June 20, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I think he would score higher than that on an IQ test,

He understands the conservative viewpoint perfectly well,

Brian1972 on June 20, 2011 at 7:27 PM

No, he wouldn’t. His knowledge of Alinsky tactics and black aggrievement are but two insignificant things in the grand scheme of life. An IQ test encompasses far more.

He is not that smart and most, if not all his political life, he’s had people pushing him and clearing the way.

When you don’t have the slightest clue how going golfing looks right after a photo op at Arlington on Memorial Day, how intelligent can you be?

I ccalled those that consider him intelligent cuckolds. And I mean just that. Liberal white men are not really men in the traditional sense, and when I say that, I mean they get off in a sexually perverse way to being dominated by the black man.

Maher’s own words bear that out. He ‘wished’ obama was a ‘real’ black man who carried a handgun and shot up the place like a rap music show. I’m paraphrasing, but essentially that’s what he said.

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Is Sarah Palin an idiot?
Of course not.
Obama IS an idiot-a malevolent, teleprompter dependent,community organizing idiot.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2011 at 8:22 PM

slickwillie2001 on June 20, 2011 at 8:13 PM

PetuninCa should be her unofficial handle going forward.

Kataklysmic on June 20, 2011 at 8:27 PM

“I’m coming Weezy!” – President Barack H. Obama

equanimous on June 20, 2011 at 8:30 PM

OOORAH Tina!

Get some…

Roy Rogers on June 20, 2011 at 8:30 PM

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 6:53 PM

And yet, those of us who would find Palin a viable candidate are ‘Palinistas’.
I, for one, am really sick of being told how ‘unelectable’ she is.
I’m going to make up my own effing mind about it & screw the rest of you who think I’m somehow a Palinista for defending stupid attacks against her.
All I want is a viable candidate.
I’m willing to give everyone a chance who comes forward.
But the $hit about Palin being ‘stupid’ & a ‘quitter’ & the cracks about her AK show are just effing worthless.
So PDS folks-STFU & discuss something USEFUL for a change.
Cripes.

Badger40 on June 20, 2011 at 8:31 PM

“I’m coming Weezy!” – President Barack H. Obama

equanimous on June 20, 2011 at 8:30 PM

It’s not happening soon enough.

Badger40 on June 20, 2011 at 8:31 PM

“The time has change for come.” – President Barack Obama

equanimous on June 20, 2011 at 8:38 PM

“I’m coming Weezy!” – President Barack H. Obama

equanimous on June 20, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Wrong wife reference-
Fred Sanford/Elizabeth
George Jefferson/Weezy (Louise)

darwin-t on June 20, 2011 at 8:40 PM

I had forgotten how much I despise Ron Reagan. Thanks for reminding me.

SukieTawdry on June 20, 2011 at 8:41 PM

darwin-t on June 20, 2011 at 8:40 PM

didn’t really think that needed an explanation…I guess I’m getting old.

equanimous on June 20, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Badger40 on June 20, 2011 at 8:31 PM

We all want to vote for the best person for the job, who can win. We just want to make an intelligent decision about who that best person is, and we resent the hell out of being told by others that we are cultists, etc. if we won’t climb onto their “she can’t win!” bandwagon.

Add into the equation that most of these detractors just repeat the same BS that we have all heard a thousand times before, and it gets really annoying wading through their crap. And they have the gall to act surprised when people get testy? Meh!

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 8:45 PM

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I hold the same working hypothesis.

It may interest you to know that it is almost impossible for a human to disguise their writing style. The prolific Stephen King attempted to write under another name (it is not wise for a single author to over-produce in any given year so he needed another pen-name), and yet even though he had studied the art and attained somewhat of a mastery over the craft he was unable to pull it off.

So either Petunia has a split-personality that is wholly compartmentalized or there are multiple parties involved under her handle.

There are at times radical departures in her style of rants; sometimes they are drift like Loughner’s “conscious dreaming” with no sound basis in fact and at other times they show the characteristics of a more skilled partisan; not that in her case the latter demands any degree of respect. It is just that there are contrasts which are readily perceptible.

Geochelone on June 20, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Lanceman,
I agree there are some trolls. I am not one. I only comment at a few blogs. I’ve never made any big anti-Palin push. I agree with most of what she has said. If it comes down to her vs. Obama, I will be surprised, but she’d have my vote no question.

And JennyMae, I never said she was destroyed irreparably.

But if the pro-Palin folks can’t see the overwhelming sentiment against Palin and how much that has been worked in to popular culture such that for all Obama voters and a good percentage of independents and moderates it is a forgone conclusion that she is not an option, then that’s a huge blind spot.

I’m not asking anyone to abandon support for Palin, or telling you she can’t win. I’m just asking you to be realistic about the titanic smear job and the many minefields laid out to trip her up. In my opinion, it’s bigger than you think.

And no, it won’t be possible for the media to smear every candidate in the way they have Palin. There’s a clear misogynist path for the left with respect to female candidates that don’t tow the leftist narrative. Sad but true, that’s another major obstacle for Palin, that won’t apply to all GOP candidates.

As for McCain, yeah, he was a terrible candidate, and I don’t want another. If it comes down to Gingrich v Palin it might as well be McCain again, and yes, Palin would be the far better choice, and I think she’d win the nomination if it came down to another McCain like candidate.

We’ll see. A lot can still happen.

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 8:55 PM

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 8:55 PM

November 5 2008 started this “we have to surrender to the media” chanting from the rino crowd.
I dont understand why anyone would support those traitors.
Palin has since always been in the fight , the backstabbing rinos not so often or on the enemy side.
You fight with those who fought for you, not the backstabbers.

the_nile on June 20, 2011 at 9:10 PM

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 8:55 PM

We don’t have a problem with you. Or Jetboy. Or Antwerp. Only with the handful whose raison detre is Palin thread trolling.

It’s fine not to want her. As far as I can see, only she, Bachmann and Cain are the only ones worth a sh!t.

I’d throw Christie in the mix, but, like Giulianni, he’s anti-gun, though I’d take him over obaka.

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 9:11 PM

And JennyMae, I never said she was destroyed irreparably. -GeoffB.

You didn’t come out and say it, but you implied it.

I have watched the titanic smear job on Palin, as you call it, for three years. Palin is still standing. The idea that she couldn’t turn her undeserved reputation around via a campaign is what I reject. I am completely capable of looking at facts and making my own determination of who is a viable candidate. So are the rest of us.

Why do you insist on lumping us all into one category of “people who don’t see the overwhelming sentiment against Palin?” What you see as an insurmountable reality, I see as a false media facade that can be broken down.

I no more have a “blind spot” when it comes to Palin than you do, IMO.

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Perry’s lookin’ good too.Btw: Jetboy is no longer a member of ‘our’ ranks-as he is now a Palin supporter.
That’s cool. If he had become a Ronulan-THEN I’d be p*ssed.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2011 at 9:16 PM

I no more have a “blind spot” when it comes to Palin than you do, IMO.

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Exactly.

the_nile on June 20, 2011 at 9:17 PM

I no more have a “blind spot” when it comes to Palin than you do, IMO.

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Gotta chime in here.

I’m not entirely sure that Palin can, in fact, overcome the obstacles before her. But as long as she has a non-zero chance of going all the way and winning in 2012, I’d be a fool not to support the candidate whom I believe is the best for the job — PERIOD. The PDSing ABPers may differ in their opinions with me on this repsect, and that’s okay. But I know what’s important to me and I’m not giving up on it so easily.

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 9:18 PM

So was this video supposed to argue that sarah palin isn’t stupid, because other lefties as also stupid? Where’s the logic in that? They’re all mentally challenged. That’s why the GOP best nominate someone who has a brain and knows how to use it. And unlike other lefties in the video, no GOP candidate will get a fair shake, so someone has gaffe prone as palin would be a PR disaster.

keep the change on June 20, 2011 at 9:21 PM

keep the change on June 20, 2011 at 9:21 PM

So we should use the inevitability of media coverage in order to pick our nominees. Not so much, I think.

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Perry’s lookin’ good too.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Perry’s OK in the fact that he’d be another George W., my buddy. But both were and are soft on borders.

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 9:24 PM

keep the change on June 20, 2011 at 9:21 PM

She’s not more gaffe prone then any other candidate.

How is mitt doing with his obama “hanging”…

the_nile on June 20, 2011 at 9:27 PM

She’s not more gaffe prone then any other candidate.

How is mitt doing with his obama “hanging”…

the_nile on June 20, 2011 at 9:27 PM

In Keep’s defense, he’s not saying she’s gaffe-prone. He’s saying that the media will jump on every gaffe she makes while ignoring the gaffes of the libs and the RINOs. Keep apparently thinks that’s a bug. I call it a feature of the “they will tell you who they fear” variety.

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 9:30 PM

keep the change on June 20, 2011 at 9:21 PM

The video illustrates the double standard that exists, in the way the leftist media portrays Democrats vs. Republicans.

Way to totally miss the point.

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Way to totally miss the point.

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 9:31 PM

If I had to guess, I’d say Keep doesn’t do much lurking at IOwnTheWorld.

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 9:32 PM

I, for one, am really sick of being told how ‘unelectable’ she is.

Badger40

Get as sick as you want, it won’t matter. The truth hurts sometimes. Just ask any average Paulbot. Just because I refuse to join you in your delusion doesn’t make me a Palin-hater. She is the best representative of Conservatism of all the potential candidates, but she can’t win, and won’t win. The sooner you come to grips with that, the better.

xblade on June 20, 2011 at 9:34 PM

xblade on June 20, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Loaded words, weasel words, and confusion of fact with opinion. You really got it going on today, X. ;-)

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 9:36 PM

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 9:30 PM

In the general election any gaffe will be a rerun whoever the republican will be.
What makes Palin safer is that she’s so notoriously vetted, there will be a lot of October surprises for other candidates.

the_nile on June 20, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Did I miss the 57 states?

tommer74 on June 20, 2011 at 9:42 PM

I seen Pinko`s Greatest Hits a few days ago, Awesome!

Truth to Power….Go Cuda’!!

canopfor on June 20, 2011 at 9:42 PM

the_nile on June 20, 2011 at 9:40 PM

You’re barking up the wrong tree with me, Nile. No offense, but Sarah Palin is simply the only candidate with a track record of shooting straight enough for me to know that she will at least attempt to do everything she says she will do. “Electability” is a rather crass and overrated concept to begin with, in my mind.

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Thanks for the video clip. I haven’t watched the MSM in five years. They really ate morons, aren’t they?

MaiDee on June 20, 2011 at 9:43 PM

xblade on June 20, 2011 at 9:34 PM

1. Your opinions aren’t truth.
2. Disagreeing with your opinions does not make other people delusional
3. Nobody cares whether you hate Palin or not.
4. Frankly, you bore me.

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 9:45 PM

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Not if you defend “keep”. He claims Palin is more gaffe prone.

the_nile on June 20, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Boolean logic 101 for PDSing ABPers:

To state that Sarah Palin “can’t” win the general election is by definition putting her in a zero-chance state. Whatever you think of polls, Palin’s numbers, and the trustworthiness of pollsters, in the end polls are statistical measures, ergo the only way to say with statistical certainty that Palin has a zero-chance of winning the election is if she is polling at zero percent.

At least until the vote totals start rolling in, “can’t” “won’t” “all” “none” “no one” and other such absolutes are loaded words that deserve no place in the vocabulary of political debate.

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Not if you defend “keep”. He claims Palin is more gaffe prone.

the_nile on June 20, 2011 at 9:46 PM

If that’s not the argument Keep is making in this thread, I will give him the same benefit of the doubt that I have given other PDSing ABPers.

/OverlyCharitable

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 9:47 PM

They don’t really believe what they say about her. Hence the attacks.

Roy Rogers on June 20, 2011 at 9:49 PM

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 9:47 PM

I took keep the change’s comment the way the_Nile did. Read that last sentence of keep’s comment again.

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 9:51 PM

/OverlyCharitable

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 9:47 PM

keep the change on June 20, 2011 at 9:21 PM

the_nile on June 20, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Obamacare will bring “greater inefficiencies” to the health care system? I think Barry’s right on that one.

Bigfoot on June 20, 2011 at 9:52 PM

the_nile on June 20, 2011 at 9:51 PM

I stand by my assertion. Keep was not saying that Palin is more gaffe-prone (although he was sure-as-sh!t implying it).

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 9:52 PM

. Just ask any average Paulbot.

xblade on June 20, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Wrong again, Jackson. Ron Paul has zero chance of ever winning the nomination.

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Wrong again, Jackson. Ron Paul has zero chance of ever winning the nomination.

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Ahem…if the poll numbers are any indication, Ron Paul has less of a chance of winning the nomination than Sarah Palin does. ;-)

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Boolean logic 101 for PDSing ABPers:

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 9:46 PM

There is much to admire in this post. You have pointed out the slipperiness of existential qualifiers and how when used in common parlance unwittingly lead one to false conclusions.

People are so often the dupes of their own definitions, which they wrongly believe to be actual inferences.

Geochelone on June 20, 2011 at 10:03 PM

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Ron Paul is our Dennis Kucinich.

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 10:03 PM

There has been no logical reason put forth not to vote for Sarah Palin…
“Damaged” by the media, so that just means you bought into the “damage”…you have been manipulated by the very thing you identify.
The way to overcome that “damage” is ignore it and say they are wrong and foolish…but those that use that meme are sheep, loud bleating sheep, but still sheep.

right2bright on June 20, 2011 at 10:04 PM

This video is hilarious and truthful. It was created by Mr. Pinko at iOTW!

bloggless on June 20, 2011 at 10:05 PM

right2bright on June 20, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Damn straight. Its just the last remaining tool they have at their disposal in a rapidly depleting tool-box of excuses.

Geochelone on June 20, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Geochelone on June 20, 2011 at 10:03 PM

And that goes just the same for people that say, for whatever reasons, that Sarah Palin “can’t lose,” Etc. I may be a Palin supporter, but if I didn’t think the cheerleading would help her, I wouldn’t do it.

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Ron Paul is our Dennis Kucinich.

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 10:03 PM

But new and improved, now with 30% less honesty!

/RonPaulInformercial

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 10:07 PM

The irony is that many say the same ol politician do nothing…along comes Sarah, a different politician, someone unlike most any other candidate (potential), and they say “I don’t like her”, as they compare her to the standard run of the mill politician…people find comfort in what they know, even if it hurts them, ask any women from an abusive relationship.

right2bright on June 20, 2011 at 10:08 PM

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Yes there is a element of emotionalism in politics that has proven itself useful when applied with good measure. This is true of any human endeavor.

Once you have used the rational part of your mind to guide your decisions I see no problem with exploring and even exploiting the passion the lies inside you. My decisions to support Palin occurred well before McCain picked her for his ticket.

My conclusions as to her potential were derived strictly from research, close examination of her record and the almost mirror-like correspondence with my own philosophical outlook.

Geochelone on June 20, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I find it unfortunate that people here are actually repeating the Leftist meme that they’ve been pushing since 2008 that Palin can’t win. It’s a self-fulfilling theory. If you believe it, then it become true. If you don’t, then it’s not. That’s it. It doesn’t come from any fault or damage to Palin. It comes from YOU.

The media has said it enough. They’re pushing against Palin because they know she can get a landslide like Reagan. No one else can. Yeah… she’s REEEEEEEAL damaged. You know what? I’ll dismiss her when the media decides to dismiss her where no more stories are written about her.

MrX on June 20, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Great video! How many were Obamateurism of the Week winners?

Gracelynn on June 20, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Geochelone on June 20, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Ditto.

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 10:37 PM

CNN anchors represent every demographic except conservatives. Don Lemon is a two-bagger and Jack Cafferty ably represents the angry old drunk demographic.

bw222 on June 20, 2011 at 10:50 PM

steebo77 on June 20, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Uh huh. Then why compare it to Palin?

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 11:01 PM

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM

You first, then maybe they will too. But you know you can’t. I’m in your head and building a castle!

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Geochelone on June 20, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I really wish you would comment more frequently. I always feel so much smarter after reading your posts; especially compared to the endless drivel composed by csdeven.

rmel80 on June 20, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Uh huh. Then why compare it to Palin?

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 11:01 PM

It was a head-fake to the liberals and those like you that get tingles up their legs whenever someone bashes Palin to actually see that the emperor is stark naked.
———————————————————

The part of the video that really should drive the point home that Obama really is a puppet is when Obama forgets what he’s supposed to say. Obama couldn’t even deliver his own talking points during a stump speech to sell the health care crap sandwich without the teleprompter. I was really expecting him to tell the one “heckler” to “Shut up, You’re making me look like an idiot.” To which, we could all say, “No sir, you’re doing a fine job of doing that all by yourself.”

rmel80 on June 20, 2011 at 11:20 PM

rmel80 on June 20, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Is that a ham-handed dis being thrown my way? :P

(I kid!)

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Then why compare it to Palin?

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Do you ever lurk over at IOwnTheWorld? My guess would be no, but I could be wrong.

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 11:24 PM

wading through their crap
JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 8:45 PM

$hit really stinks.
I personally am stepping in it here at home quite a lot.
But horse & cow $hit doesn’t smell nearly as bad as this $hit we have to hear.
And this $hit is a lot more sticky. And stinky.

According to these folks, we have to pick a candidate that the media will ‘give a fair shake’ to.
I seem to recall the media portrayal of Reagan. It wasn’t flattering.
And as a kid I could see right through it.

Badger40 on June 20, 2011 at 11:30 PM

I couldn’t watch it all. That much bumbling was too much for me.

gitarfan on June 20, 2011 at 11:40 PM

If anyone can say it to Palin … then we can say the same to everyone.

OBAMA IS A DOUBLE PLATINUM IDIOT!

TINA KORBE HAS A MULTIPLE PLATINUM IN IDIOCY FOR POSTING THIS CRAP HERE IN HOTAIR!

TheAlamos on June 20, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Don’t forget the 10,000 people that He (peace be unto Him) told us died in the Kansas tornado. Except that they really didn’t…

AmericanDad on June 20, 2011 at 11:45 PM

rmel80 on June 20, 2011 at 11:20 PM

The very first comment…”that dumb tw@t” was said about Palin. So yeah, the entire video is comparing Palin to Obama. The LSM doesn’t have to call her just a little bit less dumb than Obama, her supporters do it. It is absolutely baffling!

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 11:46 PM

I always feel so much smarter after reading your posts….

rmel80 on June 20, 2011 at 11:07 PM

So are you calling his posts dumb and compared to him, you feel smarter?

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 11:49 PM