Video: Is Sarah Palin actually an idiot?

posted at 2:40 pm on June 20, 2011 by Tina Korbe

Jim Treacher at The Daily Caller sure seems to think so. “Sorry everybody,” Treacher writes, “but after watching this astonishing video, I can come to no other conclusion. The evidence is irrefutable. We can’t afford to put somebody this dumb in the White House.” Hate to say it, folks, but I agree with him. Watch the video and I think you will, too (clip includes profanity):

Switching out of tongue-in-cheek mode: “Let me be absolutely clear.” I can imagine the pressures of the presidency and, in light of those pressures, I don’t find even this impressive amalgamation of misspoken remarks too troubling. But the hypocrisy absolutely deserves the treatment it receives here! Reminds me of SE Cupp’s recent interview with Martin Bashir. She was talking about Michele Bachmann, but her comments are applicable to criticisms of Palin, too (and, no, not because they’re both women — Cupp hits on that in the interview with Bashir, too). “If you spend that much time in the public sector in the limelight, whether you’re Joe Biden who can’t spell ‘jobs’ or remember when the television was invented or you’re the president who can’t pronounce ‘Corpsman’ or remember how many states there are, you’re going to sort of misstep here and there,” Cupp said. “Bottom line, Michele Bachmann is a capable leader.” Yep. So is Sarah Palin.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Pal, what do you consider an “intellectual” heavyweight…Bush’s academics eclipses most anyone’s, and to be chosen to fly a jet fighter isn’t given to anyone.
It would be interesting to see what your standards are…

right2bright on June 20, 2011 at 4:25 PM

And the fact that Mitt is a quitter…he has quit Bain several times, not just once or twice, but several times he has quit Bain to pursue other jobs.

right2bright on June 20, 2011 at 4:23 PM

dam him. always some other negative cropping up. i am tired of defending him. I’m wore out by trying to find some type of good in the man.

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Don’t you think they would be building her up instead of trying to tear her down if that was the case?

darwin on June 20, 2011 at 4:25 PM

puhlease…your logic will just confuse the Palin haters, after all, she doesn’t talk like a politician, so she can’t be one.

right2bright on June 20, 2011 at 4:27 PM

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 4:27 PM

He appears to be loyal to his wife and a good family man…

right2bright on June 20, 2011 at 4:28 PM

darwin on June 20, 2011 at 4:25 PM

you bring logic to a discussion board? what the hell is wrong with you? you know the antipalin forces no longer allow logic to enter their minds. shame on you….

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Csdeven and MJB to begin the thread-jacking in 5…4…3…

kingsjester on June 20, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Try watching the video.

Go RBNY on June 20, 2011 at 2:51 PM

I’m certain he did. How about you?

And right on cue, they’re here.

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 4:29 PM

He appears to be loyal to his wife and a good family man…

right2bright on June 20, 2011 at 4:28 PM

so mitt has the same postiives as Obama then? Well we know Obama beats him on dogcare.

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 4:30 PM

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 4:22 PM

That Meme is old and tiring.

By 2012, and the economy is the way it is, Obama won’t win re-election. People may personally like him, but they have no confidence in his ability to help our nation economically.

portlandon on June 20, 2011 at 4:31 PM

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 4:22 PM

RINO’s are out.
Obama screwed the left.
Libs have already nominated Romney and “really like” Bachmann.

They both hate Palin.

Why?

What do they fear if she’s so unpopular?

Wouldn’t you think someone so unpopular has no chance, so why waste attacks on her?

Roy Rogers on June 20, 2011 at 4:31 PM

It’s also disappointing that the Palin supporters here don’t realize just how small potatoes we are here at HotAir. There’s maybe 10,000 regulars, maybe 100,000? Not sure, but when you read the comments here you would think that there is some massive Palin ground swell. But when you go out and actually talk to other moderates, conservatives, etc. I don’t hear that much support for Palin. Certainly not enough to beat Obama.

The left desperately wants Palin to be the nominee. Ever wonder why? That, and the MSM knows she makes for good ratings. They are using her now for those twin benefits. I don’t get why the Palin supporters here don’t see that if and when she enters the race, all guns will be trained on her. Ziegler is right. But it’s probably going to take another four years of Obama to convince the Palin supporters here at HA.

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 4:22 PM

A. Nobody likes her… that’s why nobody reads her facebook postings, buys her books, etc. Also why she never finishes in the top 5 in polls of potential GOP candidates.

B. Yeah, they may try to crowdsource digging through her emails for dirt or something.

/s

cs89 on June 20, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Gosh, a lot of these missed the Obamateurism ‘honors’.

Schadenfreude on June 20, 2011 at 4:32 PM

TheQuestion on June 20, 2011 at 3:47 PM

LOL. It’s gotten so my stalkers start trolling before I even write a post. Poor little fellers really are obsessed with me.

MJBrutus on June 20, 2011 at 4:32 PM

right2bright on June 20, 2011 at 4:27 PM

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 4:29 PM

I have no idea what came over me … I’m ok now.

darwin on June 20, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Quite frankly I am annoyed with the continuous Hot Air postings of
what appears (at least in the headlines) to be a negative commentary on Sarah Palin. The headline could have been framed more positively towards Palin.

Is Hot Air convinced that negative appearing stories on Palin gather more traffic?

Amjean on June 20, 2011 at 4:33 PM

(clip includes profanity):

Wouldn’t watch if it didn’t.

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Poor little fellers really are obsessed with me.

MJBrutus on June 20, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Yep!

Quarter twit, or less.

Roy Rogers on June 20, 2011 at 4:36 PM

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I don’t see any problem with Romney. I’ll vote for Romney against Obama. I consider him a better option than the other Republican candidates. You probably disagree on ideological grounds, but I think it can be objectively said that he has the seriousness that the office of the presidency should require.

It needn’t be any of the currently declared candidates, however. Republicans have just as many intelligent, experienced, qualified candidates to offer as Democrats (more, really, because they’re not stuck with Obama as their only choice). Palin is nowhere near the best the Republican Party has to offer, not even if you just consider all the necessarily flawed options available right now.

RightOFLeft on June 20, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Let’s face it. Bush, Palin, Obama, Biden. None of these are intellectual heavyweights, and none of them are particularly good orators. We need someone who can truly speak extemporaneously and is bright and . Someone more like Bolton, or Christie. Someone who can speak like Netanyahu did in response to Obama. Someone who can think on their feet and destroy the Keynesian and Progressive arguments with quick wit and reason. So far we are still waiting.

Sarah Palin IS that person. She is quick on her feet and can jab better than anyone out there. She’s already been holding Obama, the LSM, and democrats accountable.

While other contenders were too afraid of losing their jobs, or getting attacked by the media, for doing the same, Sarah put it all on the line. Every time it needed to be said, Sarah was there.

Can’t speak for others, but I do not rely upon “pretend friends” to tell me who is the best candidate. Sarah is articulate, intelligent and has “liberally” owned Obama, democrats and the LSM repeatedly, while others are too afraid to “rock the boat.”

The left desperately wants Palin to be the nominee. Ever wonder why?

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I don’t (wonder why). It’s called “reverse psychology.” Liberals do not hold a monopoly on the “weak minded.” We have them on the right as well. Those that see what the LSM do to Sarah and allow the LSM to define a false narrative (that she is dumb, when she isn’t) and buy into it. Those that think “but the media and liberals always attack her and I’m too afraid they will attack me to for supporting her.” Weak minded.

I believe why you see a strong following of her, not just here, but across the web on sites that aren’t owned by Soros minded deadbeats is, that she is authentic, intelligent, genuine, and she scares the hell out of the left. That’s why the left “really” say they want her to run. They hope that “reverse psychology” will work on Conservatives and there’s no question, there are some “weak minded” conservatives who fall for it.

BruthaMan on June 20, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Amjean on June 20, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Palin stories gather more traffic, period.

Attention, be it positive or negative is still attention.

Take MJBrutus and csdeven as examples…

Roy Rogers on June 20, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Is it Cenk Uyger Wednesday yet?

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 4:38 PM

RightOFLeft on June 20, 2011 at 4:36 PM

John Cleese? That you?

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Quite frankly I am annoyed with the continuous Hot Air postings of

Amjean on June 20, 2011 at 4:33 PM

It’s not what you think, but I can see what you are saying. Framing it in this manner will draw in the deadbeat welfare queen liberals, who, like schools of piranha, zero in on any “red meat” related to Sarah Palin.

They see the the headline, and they think “oh boy, something we can use against Sarah palin while we sit around and count our food stamps!”

They watch the video, only to be surprised to learn that it’s not really Sarah that is stupid.

It’s the equivalent of “Rick Rolling,” only this time, it’s the deadbeat liberals that are getting “Rolled.”

BruthaMan on June 20, 2011 at 4:42 PM

BruthaMan on June 20, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Tina’s been studying the art of ‘Allahpunditry’.

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 4:44 PM

I’m familiar with the usual, hateful suspects in our media, but when I have to listen to Brits commenting it’s annoying. The UK is succumbing to the obvious invasion of a people that despise the culture and freedoms that are a trademark of the Island Nation. They are so smug and witty that they have no idea of how they are being unwittingly conquered at a rapid and irreversible rate. Yet the likes of John Cleese and Madam Elton John show their hatred of a woman from Alaska that has a wonderful family, aspired to the governorship and really does not say a discouraging word about anyone. Classless hacks.

Hening on June 20, 2011 at 4:47 PM

RightOFLeft on June 20, 2011 at 4:36 PM

You don’t see any problem with Mitt? I guess it doens’t matter to you that Mitt has flipflopped and taken a every position on every issue under the sun. Mitt state was 47th in the nation under Mitt at job creation. he was a failed govenor and is a slimy politican that always flips the what the polss tells him to flip for. The very fact that you don’t see “any problem” with Mitt tells me you aren’t thinking logically.

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 4:47 PM

RightOFLeft on June 20, 2011 at 4:36 PM

seriously how can being a flip-flopper equate to being “serious” with you. How serious is a candidate that will abandon his core beliefs at the drop of a hat. how in all that is holy is that considered “serious”?

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 4:50 PM

BruthaMan on June 20, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Oh man, why spoil her fun? You deprived her of a perfectly fine sense of victimhood. It’s what she lives for.

MJBrutus on June 20, 2011 at 4:53 PM

If you’re looking very carefully, every candidate has flip-flopped. American politics practically requires it.

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 4:47 PM

You do have me there. I shouldn’t have said I don’t see any problem with Romney. I’d love it if he would flip back to being pro-choice, for instance. I’m just resigned to the fact that there won’t be a candidate this election that I agree with on even a majority of issues. Competence is a bigger factor, and I think Romney is the most competent of the likely choices I’ll face in November.

RightOFLeft on June 20, 2011 at 4:55 PM

portlandon on June 20, 2011 at 4:31 PM

the fact is that out of all the major potential candidates only gov Palin has laid the groundwork to run on a campaign theme regardless of how the economy is doing. Mitt’s entire theme requires a terrible economy. If the economy picks up Mitt is finsihed. Bachmann’s appears to be Obamacare as her only reason for running, Paul is the fed, timmy i still haven’t figured out why he is running.

Palin’s message of restore america and her concept of America exceptioanlism, freedom, liberty resounds with voters regardless of the unemployment number or the amount of home forclosures.

Of course the gop nominee will have a much easier time if the economy sucks but if it does improve Gov Palin appears position to be the only one able to still take on Obama on ideology grounds.

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 4:56 PM

RightOFLeft on June 20, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Palin the “unserious” hasn’t had many if any flipflops. Of course it depends on what you define a flipflop as. I would say flipping from pro-choice to pro-life to some moderat eon abortion would be a three time flip flop. Or flipping from anti gun in 2002 to pro gun in 2008 would be a flip flop.

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 4:59 PM

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Well there you go with facts n stuff. Mitt just feels awesome, admit it!!!! /s

search4truth on June 20, 2011 at 4:59 PM

RightOFLeft on June 20, 2011 at 4:55 PM

how is being 47th in the nation at job creation competent?

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 5:00 PM

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 4:50 PM

A lot of what you see as flip-flopping I see as reasonable pragmatism in the face of a MA electorate hostile to conservatives. I also see him taking a lot of unpopular views with the Tea-ified Republican base. I actually find him more believable as a person because he appears to be thinking about the issues even at a late stage in his political career. I just don’t see changing his mind on one core issue as that outrageous.

RightOFLeft on June 20, 2011 at 5:02 PM

Well there you go with facts n stuff. Mitt just feels awesome, admit it!!!! /s

search4truth on June 20, 2011 at 4:59 PM

sadly that is about what the Mitt support boild done to is a feeling. which means those feelings can be rapidly changed if someone makes them feel bad about their choice….someone like say Obama running a completely negative campaign. Mitt has no record on which to stand, no policy nor position on which he can make a stand wothout Obama attacking the ground on which he stands due to his flipflops and his shallow unproductive record.

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 5:02 PM

how is being 47th in the nation at job creation competent?

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 5:00 PM

I can’t put that into any kind of context because you haven’t provided a source. I don’t want to derail any further from the thread topic, so I’ll leave it that. If you could link the source for that, though, I’ll look at it and consider it as an argument for voting for Obama in the general election against him.

RightOFLeft on June 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM

I just don’t see changing his mind on one core issue as that outrageous.

RightOFLeft on June 20, 2011 at 5:02 PM

If mitt only changed his view on one core issue I might say you had a point. mitt changed his views many times on just about every core issue. Always the change occurred when the polls told him it was time to change.

He ran as a prochoice anti gun person in MA and as a prolife pro gun candidate in 2008 primaries.

that is not “growing” that is the definition of pandering for votes.

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM

RightOFLeft on June 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM

What Romney leaves out of his stump speech, however, is just how bad his state’s job creation statistics were during his four years as governor. Different job creation studies rank Massachusetts in the bottom four states during Romney’s administration. A study by the independent think tank MassINC ranked the state 49th in job creation from 2001-2007, ahead of only Michigan. And according to the U.S. Department of Labor, Massachusetts ranked 47th, ahead of only Michigan, Ohio, and Louisiana. Michigan and Ohio, both located in the Rust Belt, faced heavy job losses due to the flight of manufacturing jobs from the Midwest. Louisiana, meanwhile, lost hundreds of thousands of jobs in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

During Romney’s period as governor, Massachusetts’ job growth was just 0.9 percent, well behind other high-wage, high-skill economies in New York (2.7), California (4.7), and North Carolina (7.6). The national average, meanwhile, was better than 5 percent.

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 5:07 PM

we are tired
right2bright on June 20, 2011 at 4:08 PM

You can bet on that. I am tired of the same old slickster a-holes speaking in platitudes & worthless generalities.

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I’m just curious, what planet do you live on that the mainstream media wants Palin as a candidate?

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 4:22 PM

It doesn’t matter who the candidate is. All guns will be trained on any GOP candidate. Bcs the ‘guns’ are liberals.
And liberals hate anyone who is conservative. Even slightly so.
Again, WTF world do you live in that this isn’t obvious to you?

/s
cs89 on June 20, 2011 at 4:31 PM

LMAO!

Badger40 on June 20, 2011 at 5:07 PM

that is not “growing” that is the definition of pandering for votes.

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Badger40 on June 20, 2011 at 5:08 PM

November 28, 2007

Massachusetts lags all but one other state in job creation and is shifting toward a “boutique” economy that rewards those with education and skills but leaves others behind, according to a report released yesterday by a non-partisan research organization.

The report, “Mass. Jobs: Meeting the Challenges of a Shifting Economy,” found that the state ranked 49th in the nation in job creation since 2001, better only than the state of Michigan. The state also came in last among 10 competitor states and last in New Endland in job creation during the last six years.

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 5:10 PM

MJBrutus on June 20, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Nah, that would make her a liberal. I can’t imagine anyone with modicum of intelligence confusing her with a deadbeat liberal.

BruthaMan on June 20, 2011 at 5:14 PM

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Cool, thanks.

RightOFLeft on June 20, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Another Palin post pretending to expose the liberal lies, but is really meant to drive home the Palin is stupid theme over and over again.

Why didn’t you name it, Is Barack Obama actually an idiot?

lonestar1 on June 20, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Funny how the only gaffe shown here of Biden was the FDR quote. What about from the Vice Presidential debate where he said, “When we kicked — along with France, we kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon, I said and Barack said, ‘Move NATO forces in there. Fill the vacuum, because if you don’t know — if you don’t, Hezbollah will control it.’ Now what’s happened? Hezbollah is a legitimate part of the government in the country immediately to the north of Israel.” Huh? WTF was that? No one called him on it. Ever. What was he talking about? And somehow some pundits thought he won this debate. By what standard?

drocity on June 20, 2011 at 5:22 PM

RightOFLeft on June 20, 2011 at 5:16 PM

np i will discuss records of the candidates anytime it so much better than he/she is an idiot types of discussions.

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 5:22 PM

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 4:29 PM

While this is true, you say it as if the other side is not guilty of same.

Schadenfreude on June 20, 2011 at 5:23 PM

By what standard?

drocity on June 20, 2011 at 5:22 PM

that would be he used the right “sounding words” standard as opposed to a u betcha.

over the last 3 years i have really be astounded at how many people base their decisions and support on style over substance.

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 5:25 PM

While this is true, you say it as if the other side is not guilty of same.

Schadenfreude on June 20, 2011 at 5:23 PM

yeah the Obama people no longer use logic either. the only reason Palin support is as strong as it is is because her supporters are the only ones that use logic. It is hard to drive away support form someone when that decision to support that candidate is based on sound logic.

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Because he will be her opponent in the general election.

steebo77 on June 20, 2011 at 3:55 PM

I understand that is the Pollyanna view of her supporters…..but do they really think the argument that we should vote for her over Obama is because she is just as bad will be a winning argument?

No thanks.

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 5:30 PM

I don’t know about this Romney guy folks. Are voters really going to accept another Massachusetts presidential candidate flip-flopper like John F’n Kerry? Another politician from the same state as the whole damn Kennedy Crime Family?

slickwillie2001 on June 20, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Hey, I was enjoying this thread when it was about a Republican who wants to reverse the Obama legacy. But when you guys shifted it to The Maybe-I-Can-Do-It-Right-This-Time Opportunist from Mass, it stopped being interesting.

–What’s this sticky goo coming out of my keyboard?!

rwenger43 on June 20, 2011 at 5:31 PM

I guess we have forgotten the most important trait of a president is their principles and their willingness to stick to them. I think both Palin and Obama have that attribute.

Bill C on June 20, 2011 at 3:00 PM

You’re not drunk or anything, are you?

98ZJUSMC on June 20, 2011 at 5:35 PM

MJBrutus on June 20, 2011 at 4:53 PM

“They’re gonna tell you, uhhh he’s got a funny-sounding name. Uhh, they’re gonna tell you, uh, he doesn’t look like those guys on the dollar bills…”

Get bent, you disingenuous fool. Palin’s never said anything close to this.

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Come On NOW!!! How can we, the great unwashed, how can we doubt the intelligence of TEH WON? I mean he’s articulate (when he’s not saying uhhhh) and clean (cause Joe Biden says so)and he’s brought TEH HOLE WORL together and calmed the seas and starteed HEELING the EARF!!!

COME ON NOW!!! EVERYBODY FESS UP!!!

44Magnum on June 20, 2011 at 5:43 PM

No thanks.

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 5:30 PM

When she takes position on stage vs. Obama in the first debate, the lib pundits will condescendingly say “All she has to do to win tonight is prove that intellectually she belongs on the same stage.” Then she will clean his clock for all America to see. The lib pundits will say “She won [only] because she at least proved she belongs on stage.” Then they will criticize her for using strong forceful language, because articulating firm principles of governance gets people riled up enough to shoot other people.

Obama will then duck any more debates in the best interest of maintaining a civil society.

But mark my words: the people who watch that only debate will know who the person on stage was who was intellectually vapid and bankrupt as a leader.

Csdeven, since you’ve gone on record as supporting her if she wins the nomination, I hope you’ll come out of the closet for her once she’s proven to not embarrass you.

rwenger43 on June 20, 2011 at 5:47 PM

They are both pretty bad.

AshleyTKing on June 20, 2011 at 5:48 PM

BruthaMan,

I respectfully disagree. I don’t think you realize how many people out there are not conservative, but who at the same time are sure not on the left. I live in a heavily blue state where there are a lot of moderates just right or left of center. These are great people. I don’t see the need to call friends, pretend friends. These are true great friends of mine, and yet they would not vote for Palin. Whether that’s due to a false narrative painted by the media, their own limited views, etc. doesn’t really matter. If they won’t vote for her, then they won’t vote for her.

I think you and others underestimate this fact. Even if Obama tanks everything even more, why not run someone who inspires many factions in the center and on the right instead of someone who is polarizing. Even if that narrative is a fully manufactured one.

It’s too early yet to know who will be the candidate, but even though I admire Palin’s fight and her personal success, I am more concerned with putting the best possible candidate forward to beat Obama than seeing anyone who I agree with or with whom I personally align the most. The damage done by Obama thus far is too much to settle for anyone less than the candidate that appeals to the widest range. There is NO way you can claim that Palin appeals to widest possible range given the intense effort the media has applied to her discredit. Especially when we don’t even know all of the contenders yet.

Regardless of whether you see it or not, regardless of her book sales, etc. many only know the negative pictures of Palin painted by media and entertainment. And the vast majority are not the folks that follow right and left blogs closely. You are too close. Zoom out.

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 5:48 PM

While I don’t believe Obama is stupid, he is a long way away from the intellectual giant and brilliant orator that our sycophantic media and the rest of the left try to portray him as.

The double standard is what stinks. The excuses that were made after Obama made these gaffes just reeked, especially coming from a media who had just spent eight years pointing to every Bush misstatement as proof he was stupid.

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 5:50 PM

No thanks.

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 5:30 PM

That’s not the point of the video or the argument anyone was making. She is obviously less gaffe-prone than Obama. Plus, her policies and governing record beat his by many, many orders of magnitude. If you line up Obama and Palin side by side, she wins hands down.

steebo77 on June 20, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Great video!!

DaMav on June 20, 2011 at 5:54 PM

I think the only platform for 2012 should be

I am not Obama…

that should get whomever elected.

It is still amazing to me how TV and Hollywood morons can talk about Sarah Palin like they know her… They saw her on the TV answering questions and conclude from that that she knows “nothing” and is dumb as a box of rocks…

momof2 on June 20, 2011 at 5:54 PM

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 5:50 PM

He is of average intelligence at best. If his IQ is greater than 120, I’ll eat Jetboy’s new hat.

He is a product of cuckolds such as Matthews, Brooks, et al.

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Would these people vote for any Republican over Obama? You do know that the media will do the same thing to any Republican candidate, right?

And Obama is not “polarizing?” You have got to be kidding.

We had a “uniter” last year, in McCain. That worked out really well, didn’t it? I am just not buying the meme that Palin is “damaged goods.” If that is the case, then it will apply, in the end, to any Republican candidate we put forth.

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 5:58 PM

FIREWOOD– all of them.

leftnomore on June 20, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Csdeven and MJB to begin the thread-jacking in 5…4…3…

kingsjester on June 20, 2011 at 2:48 PM

zero…

munchkins

Roy Rogers on June 20, 2011 at 5:59 PM

I am sorry, that was JeffB’s comment that I quoted in that last post….

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 6:00 PM

And last year should have been last election.

Gaffetastic! …sigh…

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 6:02 PM

darwin on June 20, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Thank you, been saying this forever. Hey, if she’s such a weak chink in the armor, why aren’t they trying to build her up? Yet they do their best to destroy her.

You don’t waste time and resources on a weak, sure to lose contender, you let them get the nomination and even help them so your guy can win.

The media/Left have not exactly been encouraging to Palin from the moment she appeared on the national scene. If anything, they’ve tried to wipe her from the map…

Sharr on June 20, 2011 at 6:02 PM

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 5:48 PM

First of all, I had remembered the criticism that her 2nd book was not as well received as the first. Technically true, but I did dig a little and realized it still finished #5 in nonfiction for 2010 (just under 800,000 sold). Hard to simply ignore the fact that she’s one of the most widely-purchased authors in the nation.

As to your “zoom out” comment, you have a point for this specific time. Those who are interested enough to watch a debate in June 2010 (I skipped it, personally) may be relying on the accepted narrative.

However, by Sept./Oct. 2012, even the “unconnected” will be bombarded with ads, robocalls, stories in newspapers & on TV daily, and the debates will give additional exposure.

Current perspectives aren’t locked in months ahead of time, or Rudy would’ve done much better.

cs89 on June 20, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I’d also like to point out how obtuse it is that the many Palin supporters here view those of us who are more in the center, libertarian, pragmatic, just want to beat Obama, or whatever, as adversaries. Almost by definition, because of our love of freedom and independence, everyone to the left of the average Progressive indoctrinated Obamabot is going to have a differing level of conservatism in their veins. That’s the whole point of freedom, individualism and what makes us all different from the left. On the left, we expect to see lockstep unity and ideological purges.

I hope we can all come together to beat Obama.

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 6:06 PM

She’s not running, so who cares?

Ugh…..she has said REPEATEDLY she does not need a title to affect change.

What am I missing here?

PappyD61 on June 20, 2011 at 6:11 PM

I hope we can all come together to beat Obama.

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Find out what your Congress rep is doing to impeach this Keynesian. I found out mine is not doing squat, so I’m voting for whomever runs against him.

Roy Rogers on June 20, 2011 at 6:11 PM

I hope we can all come together to beat Obama.

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 6:06 PM

I think the reason many like Palin is because she embodies the most conservative ideals without the flipfloppery the likes of which Romney, T-Pawzzz, Gingrich and others have.

Sorry, but if you’re older than me, and too stupid to understand that AGW is a scam to separate us from more of our money, I want little or nothing to do with you.

Accepting any liberal premise is just plain stupid. The person accepting the least has my support.

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 6:14 PM

momof2 on June 20, 2011 at 5:54 PM

And then they crowd-sourced 24,000 of her emails from when she was Governor of Alaska, and they couldn’t find anything but a competent thoughtful workhorse. Go figure after the media witch hunt, those email’s substance became a non story. They just don’t want to talk about the 300 lbs of paper they produced, to attack a wife and a mother of five, who loves her country.

The truth is the people who attack her the most are more then likely the gay faction of the left wing. Not one candidate supports same sex marriage, not in 2008 and not now. But it’s one thing for a Man, like McCain, Romney, Obama, Biden, to be against same sex marriage, it’s another thing for a “Woman” to dare to take a stand on same sex marriage. Just look at the post that was put up with the GLBT member throwing glitter at Michelle Bachmann. Who are the most sexist among Palin’s attackers – ironically the ones who want gender equality.

Dr Evil on June 20, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Sarah Palin doesn’t need anyone or anything else to tell her what to think or what to say.

Obama does.

Sarah has actually taken on corruption and purged it from government.

Obama has made old corruption much worse, and has introduced a huge amount of new corruption: stealing trillions of dollars from the taxpayers, their children, and their grandchildren.

Sarah has actually taken on a big problem and solved it without raising taxes in such a way that every one of the citizens of her state, as well as the US citizens in all the other states, benefit from the solution.

Obama has not solved any problems. Instead, he has created huge new problems AND raised taxes: making everything much worse than it was and making everything much harder to fix than before he messed with it.

Case closed.

(Liberals, as usual, are looking in a mirror and criticising others for what they see….)

landlines on June 20, 2011 at 6:14 PM

I hope we can all come together to beat Obama.

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 6:06 PM

It’s the constant attacks and underhanded remarks on Palin that draws fire from us palin supporters.

The “concern” , the “humble just an opinion” that she “absolutely shouldn’t run!!”.

the_nile on June 20, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Hey, I wonder if Bill Macy and John Cleese know they’re in a new video. I wonder if they’re on twitter? Hmmmm.

kim roy on June 20, 2011 at 6:15 PM

For the 10,000th Time!

Anyone making such remarks about Dear Leader would be called a racist and worse. Why are those people called sexist?

IlikedAUH2O on June 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM

this was Rollins last public commnet on the attack he made on Palin:

Rollins had suggested to POLITICO that Bachmann would fare well in a Palin contrast, and told a radio interviewer that the former vice presidential contender is “not serious.”

Of Team Palin’s call for a retraction, he said, “What’s the retraction? I say she’s serious?”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/56518.html#ixzz1PrCwWyug

anyone think that is an apology?

unseen on June 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Oy oy Ron Reagan…my dining room set has more brains than you. Stay with the dog shows, please? Thank you!

And you better hope and pray Andrew Breitbart doesn’t go after your jugular.

ProudPalinFan on June 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 6:06 PM

You’re not viewed as an adversary.

Palin has principles, values, a steel spine and a servants heart. That’s what’s required to pull us back from the brink.

darwin on June 20, 2011 at 6:18 PM

momof2 on June 20, 2011 at 5:54 PM

These are the very same types of people who hate Rush Limbaugh yet never listened to his program. So sure they are that he’s a racist,drug addict, you name it, and pronounce his name ‘Limbow’, like that affirmativeaction ‘general Colin Powell.

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 6:21 PM

IlikedAUH2O on June 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM

NOW supports the rape and humiliation of all non-liberal females, age not withstanding.

It’s a “progressive” thing.

Roy Rogers on June 20, 2011 at 6:21 PM

For the 10,000th Time!

IlikedAUH2O on June 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM

It is odd when you consider the woman’s vote swung to the Republicans in November 2010. That’s progressives for ya, they think attacking women, mothers, wives, sisters, aunts, cousins, endears them to ???? Stupid is as Stupid does.

Dr Evil on June 20, 2011 at 6:23 PM

steebo77 on June 20, 2011 at 5:51 PM

I understand what they wanted to portray, but the impression it leaves with those who are skeptical of her is what matters. The video basically admits Palin is a gaff machine, but she isn’t as bad as Obama.

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 6:24 PM

kim roy on June 20, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Call me crazy but I think that Macy’s an undercover Republican. Cleese…well, he’s a comedian. Anybody willing to “convert” Matt Damon? Heh…I wonder how he feels after the email fiasco. He’s been a star in the “Bourne” trilogy, now “The Green Zone” and previously to all that, “Courage Under Fire”, right?

I can’t wrap my head thinking than an actor/actress soooo liberal would be willing and happy to be all gung-ho in so many movies like that. Another example: Denzel Washington. That man does know how to wear a military uniform! I know there’s the $ factor, but what say all of you?

Curious. Thanx!

ProudPalinFan on June 20, 2011 at 6:24 PM

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 6:24 PM

That’s not the message portrayed in the video.

ProudPalinFan on June 20, 2011 at 6:25 PM

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 6:24 PM

I think you’ve been shell-shocked, there, Commodore.
I didn’t even see Palin in the video.

Lanceman on June 20, 2011 at 6:26 PM

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 6:24 PM

How?

cs89 on June 20, 2011 at 6:28 PM

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 6:24 PM

PDS

idesign on June 20, 2011 at 6:28 PM

What a great precursor to Palin’s movie “Undefeated”. When the RightOnLine folks got a screening, twitter was very enthusiastic, even amongst persons solidly in other (R) camps. Congrats to Mr. Pinko at IOTW for a great compilation.

sybilll on June 20, 2011 at 6:29 PM

RightOFLeft on June 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Aw hell, did I sleep through the Primaries again? Weird that we had them over 16 months before the election this time around… that seems a bit early.

But yep, those are the only two choices. Romney or Obama now that the Primaries are done…

Now to steal the snark tweet from Iowahawk (via Ace) for my counter proposal for the Primaries:

You know who else inherited an economy from George Bush? Rick Perry.

If I could come up with stuff like that, I’d have my own website too.

gekkobear on June 20, 2011 at 6:30 PM

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 6:24 PM

PDS Menopausal
FIFY

idesign on June 20, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Dr Evil on June 20, 2011 at 6:31 PM

MJBrutus on June 20, 2011 at 4:53 PM

If you weren’t so dense you would realize that those who want to be victims don’t fight back.

Basilsbest on June 20, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Lanceman,

Nice. Is ad hominem the best you can do? For the record, I am strongly against the warmists and their AGW scam. But, for example, I don’t care at all about gay marriage and would never vote against a conservative that didn’t pass some gay marriage opposition purity test. I’d rather beat Obama and restore fiscal sanity.

I’m always amazed at how much the pro-Palin folks here remind me of the left on other blogs that I frequent. Using words like “stupid,” and your immediately assumption that we must be against everything you stand for, even if we are simply questioning the electability of Palin.

JeffB. on June 20, 2011 at 6:43 PM

JeffB.,

I appreciate the cordial conversation. To a great extent though, your follow up makes the point that I was making. That on the right, and center right, there are those who have absorbed the narrative the LSM has set forth. These fall into two camps: those that are “weak minded” and simply lap it up, and those that know it’s not true, but do little or nothing to stand up against it.

Not sure which is worse, but the way I see it…Sarah was there, when things needed to be said, when *someone* needed to stand up to Obama, the democrats, the media…and no one else did. She put it on the line for every one of us, because she loves this country and she makes no apologies for it.

Your concern is that you do not feel she meets the approval of the widest audience. Maybe that’s how you choose a candidate, but I choose a candidate that I feel will best help our country forward. I do not go for the one I think everyone else will like the most and I suspect there are a lot of others that do the same.

Sarah is not my candidate, at this time, nor is anyone else. I do like her, but I watch the debates intensely and generally make my decision based upon what candidates are offering as solutions. I have a great deal of respect for Sarah and when I look at her policies and what she stands for, I see someone who mirrors what I would like to see in the whitehouse.

It is not enough to simply replace a foul smelling onion with another foul smelling onion. I’m not interested in having another failure in the office, as we have now. Beating Obama, for the sake of beating him, is not what is going to dig our country out of the mess that the democrats have created. We need someone who can make changes and get our country back on track. WAY back on track.

I completely understand that not everyone in this country is Conservative, nor is everyone a liberal democrat. There are those in between. Truth be told, it’s those independents (that everyone says sways elections) that got us into this mess because they were suckers for the snakeoil salesman we have in the office now. They were fooled once. Are they going to be fooled again?

It’s not that I don’t see the broader picture, nor that I do not understand that there are many independents out there. It’s that I simply do not believe there are that many independents that are dumb enough to vote for Obama a second time. I’d like to give those independents the benefit of the doubt, wouldn’t you? Yes, they got suckered once, however, I’m not convinced independents would be so foolish again.

Rarely do we ever *really* get the candidate we want. One thing I absolutely agree with you on is, that *whoever* the candidate is, we will all come together and beat Obama. I held my nose to pull the lever for McCain. I don’t care for McCain at all. I viewed it as voting for a liberal or voting for a democrat. McCain was the democrat…the lesser of two evils.

The worst among us, always whine that “if my candidate is the nomination, then I’m not going to vote.” How selfish and liberal of them, to be so self-centered, that they would not choose between the worst of two evils in their eyes.

BruthaMan on June 20, 2011 at 6:48 PM

That’s not the message portrayed in the video.

ProudPalinFan on June 20, 2011 at 6:25 PM

So now the video isn’t a validation of Palin because she is as bad as Obama?

Come on guys, make up your mind.

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 6:48 PM

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 6:48 PM

PDS

idesign on June 20, 2011 at 6:50 PM

So now the video isn’t a validation of Palin because she is as bad as Obama?

Come on guys, make up your mind.

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 6:48 PM

No one ever said the video showed Palin to be “as bad as Obama.” That was already explained to you. The video shows that the criticisms the media makes of Palin are actually more applicable to Obama (but for some strange reason, never actually made of him).

steebo77 on June 20, 2011 at 6:52 PM