Video: Is Sarah Palin actually an idiot?

posted at 2:40 pm on June 20, 2011 by Tina Korbe

Jim Treacher at The Daily Caller sure seems to think so. “Sorry everybody,” Treacher writes, “but after watching this astonishing video, I can come to no other conclusion. The evidence is irrefutable. We can’t afford to put somebody this dumb in the White House.” Hate to say it, folks, but I agree with him. Watch the video and I think you will, too (clip includes profanity):

Switching out of tongue-in-cheek mode: “Let me be absolutely clear.” I can imagine the pressures of the presidency and, in light of those pressures, I don’t find even this impressive amalgamation of misspoken remarks too troubling. But the hypocrisy absolutely deserves the treatment it receives here! Reminds me of SE Cupp’s recent interview with Martin Bashir. She was talking about Michele Bachmann, but her comments are applicable to criticisms of Palin, too (and, no, not because they’re both women — Cupp hits on that in the interview with Bashir, too). “If you spend that much time in the public sector in the limelight, whether you’re Joe Biden who can’t spell ‘jobs’ or remember when the television was invented or you’re the president who can’t pronounce ‘Corpsman’ or remember how many states there are, you’re going to sort of misstep here and there,” Cupp said. “Bottom line, Michele Bachmann is a capable leader.” Yep. So is Sarah Palin.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

They are both obsessive and really creepy. Petunia seems to be much more coherent sometimes vs. other times. I entertained the possibility that she drinks. There might be more than one person posting under her handle. Csdeven is also very Jeckyll and Hyde.

JannyMae on June 20, 2011 at 7:43 PM

You have Palin skeptics camped out in your head, we don’t give you a second thought, and others are obsessed?

You are the one who is obsessed. You are obsessed with petunia, me…..and who else is camped out in there?

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 11:53 PM

First of all, I had remembered the criticism that her 2nd book was not as well received as the first. Technically true, but I did dig a little and realized it still finished #5 in nonfiction for 2010 (just under 800,000 sold). Hard to simply ignore the fact that she’s one of the most widely-purchased authors in the nation. – cs89 on June 20, 2011 at 6:04 PM

It may have been mentioned, but, allow me to offer an important addition to your mention regarding the #5, non-fiction position for 2010:

The book was released on November 23 of the year.

Impressive by any measure.

Chancellor on June 20, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Is Sarah Palin actually an idiot?

Answer: Absolutely not. She is smart, a patriot, a good neighbor, a wonderful mother, and I am sure a fantastic wife.

csdeven on June 21, 2011 at 12:08 AM

So are you calling his posts dumb and compared to him, you feel smarter?

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Pick up a copy of Billy Madison and fast forward/skip to the debate scenes. The debate moderator (the principal?) says all that you need to know and how it applies to you.

Or I could just use some of your tactics? Like, why are you making this about me? Or, quit stalking me!

rmel80 on June 20, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Is that a ham-handed dis being thrown my way? :P

(I kid!)

gryphon202 on June 20, 2011 at 11:24 PM

You’re okay. But I really enjoy Geochelone’s eloquence better. And no one can dropkick the “show me a source/link” crowd like unseen.

And on another note: Mmmmm, ham!

rmel80 on June 21, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Gaffapalooza!

Mojave Mark on June 21, 2011 at 12:35 AM

I know this video was supposed to be funny, but it only made me feel mad. I guess I need to lighten up.

He is such and idiot. They only did a couple of Biden’s bloops. They could have gone an hour on Biden’s alone.

While I’ve heard many of the things they said about Palin before, just hearing them all strung together makes me sick. She is such a good woman. It’s such a shame. She’s make a great President. I hope she knows how much her sacrifices for our cause are appreciated.

I guess what also made me mad is that in politics reality doesn’t matter. Perception is everything.

We will see how this next year goes. Anything can happen.

but this guy we have in office now is a disgrace (and not because of mixing up words). I wish it was only that.

Elisa on June 21, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Is Sarah Palin actually an idiot?

csdeven on June 21, 2011 at 12:08 AM

My compliments on managing a positive Palin post.

The fact that you left out many positive traits doesn’t detract from (my perception of) your sincerity in what you did say.

I believe we too often forget that she is somewhat restricted from reaching her political potential because she does not consider herself to be the leader of her own home.

rwenger43 on June 21, 2011 at 12:54 AM

So far, still no reason, no logical reason, not to vote for Sarah Palin…
I think that the haters have just about run out of insults, and they have a hard time comparing who they want as a candidate with Sarah.
But she shore don’t talk like any of them thar fancy pants lawyer types a runnin for office…you know the kind that everyone hates, but votes for each time.

right2bright on June 21, 2011 at 1:08 AM

csdeven on June 20, 2011 at 11:53 PM

If there were an ignore feature here on HotAir, you’d be on my list. Go screw yourself you nasty, lying, piece of slime.

I won’t respond to you again.

JannyMae on June 21, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Very Late to this party.

As someone that intensely follows this, and misses gems like this collage of Palin haters, my heart swells with pride.

Kini on June 21, 2011 at 1:42 AM

I won’t respond to you again.

JannyMae on June 21, 2011 at 1:08 AM

You can’t stop until I give you permission. I am camped out in your head and am in control. Here, I’ll prove it to you….

I command you to NEVER respond to me again.

lol

csdeven on June 21, 2011 at 2:09 AM

I command you to NEVER respond to me again.

csdeven on June 21, 2011 at 2:09 AM

In your case, that’s good advice.

Aitch748 on June 21, 2011 at 2:17 AM

Whenever I see the Noonans, the Krauthammers, the usual Beltway scoffers who with suntanned nostrils and inflated egos feel a need to demean Palin as somehow beneath country club admission…. it reminds me of the character assassination one usually expects from Democrats. Remember Billy Dale and the White House Travel Office? It wasn’t enough to fire him to make way for the Clintoon’s friends. Remember Linda Tripp, who advised Lewinsky not to perjure? Remember Scooter Libby or the woman GWB appointed to the USSC yet withdrew under a barrage of mudslinging? Now, just a moment, I’m not expecting people here to necessarily agree with those people only to realize that it is possible to disagree and suggest different approaches without calling them stupid… without falling into the Democrats game… or for that matter… joining the Democrats game so they can sit by and watch the dirt get thrown so they don’t have to…

In a book by Eric Berne M.D. called Games People Play there’s a chapter on a concept called: “Let’s You and Him Fight.” Typically insecure drama queens who create unrest in others to make themselves feel smug. There’s another book called Einstein’s Mistakes which discusses the things he didn’t quite get right yet that hardly makes him stupid.

Notice how the barrage of complaints against Palin about her Paul Revere comments gets upended once the vain, yet hasty, taunting her recheck their facts. The yeah-buts are too busy trying to knock her to realize or notice how much political capital she has gained and created for Conservatism, personally and for the Tea Party and inspiring quality control within the GOP moving it back towards the Conservatism (especially limited government) which attracts the independent vote. Reagan understood that and so many other things such as SDI yet… they called him stupid too… for having what we know a quarter of a century later to have been keen insight. The objective person can look back at November 2010 and realize Palin was a major factor in motivating that election’s outcome. Be thankful.

Notice how the NY Slimes reacts to Palin. She has upstaged them and endured character assassination thus far so the Slimes rabidly goes after the emails certain to find dirt… finds none then puerile Bill Keller throws his tantrum about not liking her ! The IBD recent editorials are giving this plenty of attention. How an obsession against one person, that person being Palin, has genuinely unhinged those whom she has overcome and continues defeating.

viking01 on June 21, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Who in the hell is Tina Korbe, and who is the dumbass that thought this site needed yet another RINO ‘author’?

rayra on June 21, 2011 at 2:23 AM

Furthermore:

Basing one’s definition of a person, any person, on one video is beyond stretching it. Much like saying qualification for office should be based on a person’s drivers license photograph.

viking01 on June 21, 2011 at 2:38 AM

Liberals are arrogant, the sky is blue, grass is green…

scotash on June 21, 2011 at 3:56 AM

You might also like this one.

This new film, “If: Crisis Management”, has a similar message (Palin good, Obama not so good, dark humor) delivered in a more subtle way, at least at first:

PatientObserver on June 21, 2011 at 5:37 AM

rayra on June 21, 2011 at 2:23 AM

This is Tina Korbe (please note she has been contributing here for more than a month). What evidence do you have that she is a RINO, or that “author” warrants scare quotes?

DrMagnolias on June 21, 2011 at 6:28 AM

A good idea for a video. It might ensnare a few on the dark side to watch. But the depressing things is that most of them would still come away thinking President Corpsman was brilliant.

curved space on June 21, 2011 at 6:42 AM

rayra on June 21, 2011 at 2:23 AM

DrMagnolias on June 21, 2011 at 6:28 AM

I think rayra skipped the video and drew a wrong conclusion.

Axe on June 21, 2011 at 6:48 AM

Axe on June 21, 2011 at 6:48 AM

It appears he also skipped the entire paragraph under the video.

DrMagnolias on June 21, 2011 at 7:40 AM

I always marvel at those inept intellectual critics of Palin who posit the argument that she’s inept, but they, in turn, foolishly spend their entire waking hours proving that she is more than competent for the job -Why else would they be trying so hard to take her down?

One doesn’t argue that a worm would make a lousy president because it would be irrational -and so it is to say she’s (name your personal choice for their empty accusation de jour) not presidential. If true -why fight her so hard?

To quote the bard: “methinks thou doth protest too much.”

Don L on June 21, 2011 at 7:54 AM

I command you to NEVER respond to me again.

lol

csdeven on June 21, 2011 at 2:09 AM

if you ignore this post, cslouis, you’re a total douchebag.

See what I did there?

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 7:57 AM

You’re so close to realizing the obvious truth -there isn’t a rat’s whisker difference between parties when it comes to protecting their gatekeeping power. They both don’t care as much for the national good as they do in protecting any risk to their power. These right wing pundits are the new smoke-filled room and they have come fully out of the closet for all to see, and without shame.

They love being number one-but the dirty little secret is that the GOP is perfectly happy being #2 in Washington – telling their naive voters what willtickle their ears.
Nothing really changes in their social life,they still have power (vetoing Sarah is power)dine in the same fine restaurants etc.

The enemy of America is ourselves for continuing to reward them with credibilty,simply because they claim the mantle of conservativism. They are anything but that.

Rino-ville is but a soft path to Marxism.

Don L on June 21, 2011 at 8:14 AM

That was a great way to start my day.

vcferlita on June 21, 2011 at 8:43 AM

rwenger43 on June 21, 2011 at 12:54 AM

I have been reflecting on the nastiness that some of my fellow HA members exhibit toward we Palin skeptics and I am going to postulate this theory…..

One of the false accusation we get is that we have two diametrically opposed opinions of Palin (and thus am labeled trolls). The consensus seems to be that on the one hand we think she is “dumb” and on the other she is smart. The fact is that on the one hand we believe she is a patriot and politically savvy and on the other she cannot win a general election because of various missteps by her that have driven up her unfavorable numbers.

The best example I can give is that of a professional basketball player who is a great player, but cannot translate those skills into being a great coach. The fact that he cannot coach doesn’t diminish his skills as a player.

Certain Palin supporters, and they know who they are, believe that because Palin is a patriot it must follow that she can become president. But that logical fallacy leads them to use nasty vile rhetoric at their fellow HA members when their logic is shown to be faulty. I am convinced that some in that subgroup are persons who are insecure and need Palin to be successful in order to feel relevant themselves.

csdeven on June 21, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Damn … I leave, come back 12 hours later and the same nut is still here.

darwin on June 21, 2011 at 8:57 AM

csdeven on June 21, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Wrong – you are viewed as irrational because you a) spam the same talking points over and over and b) revert to those talking points when responded to, rather than have a substantive debate.

It’s no more complicated than that.

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 9:23 AM

csdeven on June 21, 2011 at 8:49 AM

What about those of us who have made up our minds that Palin not only IS electable, but crucial to the recovery this nation so desperately needs, but do not engage in vituperative engagements with the “Palin skeptics”? By your reasoning, we are secure in more ways than one, confident in our decision, and patiently waiting for SP to not only announce, but go on to win the nom, the General, and enjoy her swearing in ceremony.

I’m not enjoying the Palin supporters vs Palin skeptics haymaker juvenile back and forth. I derive my enjoyment from watching the vehemently anti-Palin leftists heads popping whenever she gets major airtime. Its almost like Sarah is pepper spray in their eyes. I admit to the shadenfreud in that regard, so at best I too have allowed myself to become somewhat juvenile in the grand scheme of things.

I don’t intend to stop though.

44Magnum on June 21, 2011 at 9:36 AM

44Magnum on June 21, 2011 at 9:36 AM

I can guarantee that you have the respect of every person who doesn’t not engage in that vile rhetoric, the envy of those who can’t help themselves, and the disgust of those who strive to be as despicably vile as they can be.

csdeven on June 21, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Children see things in black and white

That Brit comic is typical of pseudo-sophisticated Europeans. All they have to do is have the style points correct.

And they crib them from our eastern intellectuals.

Within the last fortnight I had dinner with a lady who lived in the UK and France for all of the Bush years. She had the scars to show it. When The One was elected, folks danced when The One was elected in Richmond, Virginia. She felt like joining them.

One of the overseas libs called to ask her to get ready for a booming economy and peace around the world.

IlikedAUH2O on June 21, 2011 at 9:53 AM

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Except, that wasn’t a divot. It was his Blackberry he creamed right off his belt. If you watch, he goes over, picks it up, and puts it back on.

PJ Emeritus on June 21, 2011 at 10:33 AM

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2011 at 7:01 PM

PJ Emeritus on June 21, 2011 at 10:33 AM

For just a fleeting moment there, I thought the jugeared buffoon was putting the divot in his pocket till I realized it was his cell phone. Nice form there Mr. President.

44Magnum on June 21, 2011 at 11:58 AM

rwenger43 on June 21, 2011 at 12:54 AM

Er…what? she is the only member of the home producing income at this point.

alwaysfiredup on June 21, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Yep.

I have seen absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing, to indicate that Obama is a smart man…let alone a brilliant one.

Grace_is_sufficient on June 21, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Grace_is_sufficient on June 21, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Worth repeating……..

RealMc on June 21, 2011 at 5:51 PM

ARE CONSERVATIVES IDIOT ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THE LIES AND FAKE GESTURES OF ROMNEY AND THE GANG? HA! HA!

TheAlamos on June 21, 2011 at 11:31 PM

rwenger43 on June 21, 2011 at 12:54 AM

Er…what? she is the only member of the home producing income at this point.

alwaysfiredup on June 21, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Sorry so late to respond.

Within the framework of Sarah’s evangelical Christianity, the husband is the spiritual leader of the home. People practice this to various degrees, and some choose to ignore “wives submit to your husbands” in favor of “husbands and wives submit yourselves to one another”. Certainly the modern family throws wrinkles into the ‘Who is the head of the household’ thing, with Todd being off on the North Slope/fishing boat/snow machine course while Sarah is mother of 5/head of city/head of state.

One of the events that really sparked my admiration of her was when the Good-for-nothing boyfriend of Bristol exaggerated his sexcapades in the Palin house, and Sarah was portrayed as either a hypocritical or out-of-touch mother; there is no doubt in my mind that Sarah would have told Todd if she had known what was allegedly happening. Either way, the decision on how to treat Levi was the dad’s decision–it certainly would be mine in my household–yet Sarah never used Todd as the scapegoat against the charges
of hypocrisy that were levelled at her.

On numerous other occasions Mrs Palin has referenced her husband’s input in a way that few men reference that of their wives.

And the hack-job You-tube videos that are intended to be candid-style gotchas of Mrs Palin often turn out to show her deference to her husband instead of any hypocritical behavior from her.

And it may be projection on my part, but I think that part of Sarah’s fascination with Margaret Thatcher is the reputation Lady Thatcher had of running the country while still allowing her husband Dennis to run the home. The Iron Maiden never wore the pants in her family. I’m thinking the same at the Palin Place.

rwenger43 on June 22, 2011 at 4:11 AM

Saying someone is stupid without proof is completely different than actually demonstrating your stupidity in calling them stupid.

President Obama’s team supports the Special Olympics and encourages people to hire handicapped because they are fun to watch.

MSGTAS on June 22, 2011 at 10:00 AM

We can’t afford to put somebody this dumb in the White House.” Hate to say it, folks, but I agree with him.

“Bottom line, Michele Bachmann is a capable leader.” Yep. So is Sarah Palin.

Can someone explain to me how this is NOT hypocricy?

Tina, IMHO, you just fudged up big.

DannoJyd on June 22, 2011 at 10:44 AM

DEMOCRAT EMAIL SUPPORT OF PALIN: You have carved your name into AK history!

The above contains my analysis of Palin’s emails for Democrats who supported her efforts as Governor. There were many. The most heartening aspect of preparing this post was how kind my fellow Democrats could be, and how appreciative they were of solid leadership and honest governance — regardless of party. I would like this post to be a reference for counter-arguments to the false assertion “Democrats won’t vote for Palin”. Yes they will — here is the proof.

I also have a note about the Democratic CA State Controller, who docked our legislator’s pay for turning in a false and horrendous budget. I would like to encourage my fellow Californians to send him a few kind words, too.

Mutnodjmet on June 22, 2011 at 11:45 AM

When I go to the voting booth this November I pray that I have a choice that does not include a RHINO, a lawyer, a career politician or a community organizer, Give me someone who has some sense as to why America and Congress are deaf and mute to our problems.

mixplix on June 22, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Mutnodjmet on June 22, 2011 at 11:45 AM

One of the reasons I support SP so strongly is that she is far more interested in common sense solutions to our problems than following the Republican litmus tests. She satisfies my “Shrink-the-government’s-interference-in-our-lives” test.

On the divisive issues of our day only Sarah Palin publicly discusses the concerns that both sides have and treats with respect the views that all Americans have. Her ‘real Americans’ phrase isn’t meant to exclude the working/unemployed poor; the working poor will have a better life when Washington leaves us alone. ‘Real Americans’ is meant to exclude the entitled bureaucrats, pundits and legislators who co-opt everyone else’s livelihoods.

Her support of Scott Walker while appealing to public sector union employees was classic Sarah: with both parents receiving teacher pensions, and having consulted with governors whose states were fiscally wrecked, she could impassionedly appeal to teachers to support their state’s efforts to rein in spending for the present and future benefit of all citizens.

No one who listens to this woman give a speech thinks she is dumb or unelectable. Instead we wish that more Americans would take the time–not to listen–but to hear.

rwenger43 on June 22, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Is Sarah Palin actually an idiot?

No but she plays one on TV…..

Bradky on June 23, 2011 at 6:32 AM