Quotes of the day

posted at 10:42 pm on June 20, 2011 by Allahpundit

“Palin’s approval numbers are continually all over the place because, thanks to the fact that she is so polarizing, they fluctuate dramatically based on the nature of the sample. However, there has never been a legitimate poll where Palin is even in real striking distance of Obama head-to-head. And it is critical to point out that since we are not yet in a general election and Palin has been safely ensconced inside the cuddle of Fox News, the big guns have not been fired on her by an Obama team (and mainstream media) that lusts after the chance to run against her…

“I am officially offering a $1,000 bet, at incredible 100-1 odds, that Palin will not be inaugurated president of the United States in January of 2013. This unbelievable $100,000 offer (along with details as to how I would pay in full with the money I had reserved for the charity offer that Keith Olbermann dodged) is available to the first prominent conservative who takes me up on it.

“If I am so wrong, this is the deal of a lifetime, right? A no-brainer even. So why am I so convinced that no one will even take me up on it or that hardly any of my critics will see the obvious significance when they don’t?”

***
“My guess as to why the Governor is looking more electable these days is due to her and her team’s near-flawless handling of the One Nation Bus Tour (the MSM’s email fiasco is likely to only boost her numbers further). The Palin Camp’s messaging of that event was not only managed in a way that would shame most presidential campaigns, it was also done through a very successful and unconventional circumvention of the media. Which brings me to the most important point I’ll make in this piece…

“What Ziegler and those who agree with him need to understand is that the MSM doesn’t intend to let anyone beat Barack Obama. They intend to pull a ‘Palin’ — to decimate and salt the earth behind — whoever threatens the re-election of Their Precious One. Barack Obama is a failed president. Period. If 2012 is what it should be — a referendum on the incumbent — he loses in a landslide. Therefore, the White House and their MSM allies intend to do everything they can to ensure 2012 is all about toxifying the GOP nominee — regardless of who it is — into someone who cannot be elected. Anyone who thinks the MSM will take it easier on a nominee not named Palin hasn’t been paying attention.

“The bottom line is that whoever our candidate is, beating Obama is not the existential problem — our candidate must beat the media, and other than Newt Gingrich (a victim of unforced errors), there’s not a single announced or potential Republican candidate who’s dealt with a tenth of what Obama’s MSM Palace Guards intend to hurl their way — except Sarah Palin. And not only has the Governor survived this unprecedented onslaught, but the past few months have shown that she understands this threat and is actively and effectively working on ways to overcome it.”

***
“Despite their grousing about the administration during the Netroots Nation conference, liberal activists and bloggers are relatively happy with President Barack Obama’s performance…

“Thirty-two percent of activists said they would most like Obama to have former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) as his rival next fall, with Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) a close second with 27 percent and Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) a distant third place with 12 percent. Attendees said they would least like Obama to face former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, but the majority of respondents believe Republicans would indeed pick Romney to be the GOP nominee.”

***
“My point is not simply that Obama is out of touch and beatable, but that he is way out of touch and extremely beatable. Not, of course, by some moderate Republican, but by a conservative Republican: and particularly by Sarah Palin.

“Although her bus tour is over, the media still can’t let her go. Now they’re all busy letting us know how her bus tour didn’t help her numbers at all or trying to somehow persuade us that John Ziegler’s opinion matters. I’m sorry, but I see the way people listen when Palin talks, the way they react when she shakes hands with them, and the genuine love for country she displayed in her 24,000 emails the mainstream media thought they could use to bring her down…

“I see Obama for what he is and I see Palin for what she is. And in light of that, I see nothing to fear.”

***
“Under the condition that the bet is only operative if Governor Palin runs, we accept the bet and we look forward to cashing Ziegler’s $100,000 check.

“Now, it’s up to the Governor to make sure we win this bet.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 19 20 21

1998

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Now I remember what movie character Lourdes reminds me of…

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:28 PM

We hit the mark!

Diaper change. Ooooo bad case of diaper rash.

Now I get to go.

MeatHeadinCA on June 21, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Eight minutes since Lourdes was last seen or heard.

steebo77 on June 21, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Hey, she’s disputing that she said she was divorced. It’s just a logical conclusion that the only other possibility is that she’s a widow.

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:24 PM

It just seems a bit too far. And that’s coming from me, of all people.

MadisonConservative on June 21, 2011 at 3:32 PM

“CocaineMeth is a hell of a drug.” Lourdes.

the_nile on June 21, 2011 at 3:20 PM

And, more about your indecent lying as evidenced above (not my statement, but one you dishonestly attributed to me), I see you’re on other threads on this site also lying about Palin, claiming she represents “Reagan economics” or Reagan in general, both of which are lies, the latter and distortions of reality (misleading statements) in the former.

And some people question why I’ve persisted here in confronting these outrageous, disgusting lies by this bunch here, because if I didn’t, they’d write more utter crud and it’d remain here unchallenged.

I’ve read more than a few sick attempts to stalk, harass, defame and ruin others before on the internet, but you disgusting Palin people here have taken all lead in that, now surpassing even the worst by the Obama campaigners last election.

Apologize for that (portion I posted that you made up and falsely attributed to me). You owe me an apology for that, if not your mess from the previous hours, but that there lie is utterly horrid.

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Last call for comments.

darwin on June 21, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Well, that worked well.

darwin on June 21, 2011 at 3:32 PM

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:24 PM

It just seems a bit too far. And that’s coming from me, of all people.

MadisonConservative on June 21, 2011 at 3:32 PM

How long have you been stalking me? Do you memorize my comments, what? Where did you get that information.

I have a divorce in my past. I am not now divorced. The previous was annulled.

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:33 PM

The possibility of someone’s marital status being a very painful subject is quite real. I hate to be a parade-rainer but it seems this thread has reached its maximum capacity to entertain.

anuts on June 21, 2011 at 3:34 PM

And some people question why I’ve persisted here

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Not really. We all know the answer to that. Do you?

(Hint: It might require a diagnosis.)

steebo77 on June 21, 2011 at 3:35 PM

I’m not really following… but I’m really enjoying whatever this is… for my own personal reasons.

;)

mankai on June 21, 2011 at 3:35 PM

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:24 PM

It just seems a bit too far. And that’s coming from me, of all people.

MadisonConservative on June 21, 2011 at 3:32 PM

I have a divorce in my past. I am not now divorced. The previous was annulled.

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Hey, fossten, how many windows do you peep in at night? Do you deny you creep around single women or children’s windows at night and peep at them as they undress?

And why do you assume anything about me as to my private life is ANY of your business? Maybe I should start discussing your abuse of children, I think I read that once about you, somewhere.

You’re a stalker. If you don’t answser these questions, I’ll just continue to post more about your peeping-acts and likely threat to neighbors and their children.

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:36 PM

I have a divorce in my past. I am not now divorced. The previous was annulled.

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Annulled? So you never consummated?

Like I said, you’re a tease.

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:36 PM

And some people question why I’ve persisted here

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Not really. We all know the answer to that. Do you?

(Hint: It might require a diagnosis.)

steebo77 on June 21, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Utter, horrid lies by lunatics and very bad people would persist here unchallenged had I not persisted in challenging them and disproving ugly lies to be so, unfounded rotten allegations by bad people.

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Liar.

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Oh man you just walked right into this one.

I was just reading this at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

The real Sarah Palin
Emails reveal her to be an effective hands-on leader
Sunday, June 19, 2011
By Jack Kelly, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Emails from Sarah Palin’s time as Alaska governor “show a double-fisted Blackberry user fully comfortable with handling nearly every aspect of state government,” wrote the McClatchy Newspapers.

The emails paint “a picture of her as an idealistic, conscientious, humorous and humane woman slightly bemused by the world of politics,” said Toby Harnden of the London Telegraph.

“She comes across as practical and not doctrinaire,” wrote Molly Ball in Politico. “She was hands-on and adverse to partisan politics.”

This was not what some journalists expected to write. “If critics were hoping to see Palin revealed as a hypocrite, they’re out of luck,” said Ms. Ball. “Her private statements are in line with her public ones.”

*****************************************

The Sarah Palin who emerges from the email dump isn’t the partisan snowbilly of media caricature. She’s a tough-minded reformer who took on Big Oil and corrupt members of her own party and beat them.

*******************************************

Some pundits declare Ms. Palin won’t run for president and couldn’t win if she did. Is this what they really think? Or is it what they hope Republicans will believe if they say it often enough?

Nonstop criticism has hurt Sarah Palin in the polls. It would be difficult to overcome the false picture painted of her. But the emails, and a forthcoming documentary, are steps in that direction. Furthermore, their now naked — and increasingly comical — partisanship has hurt the credibility of her adversaries in journalism.

Back when the reputation of the “mainstream” media was better and its monopoly near total, another conservative derided as stupid and extreme prevailed when he emerged on center stage and dispelled the media caricature of him. Republicans already think Sarah Palin is more like Ronald Reagan than is any other presidential aspirant. If she chooses to run, she may resemble the Gipper in yet another way.

Choke on that, for a minute.

Brian1972 on June 21, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Any sympathy anyone ever had for you has just vanished. Unsubstantiated allegations of child abuse? Seriously? May God have mercy on your soul.

steebo77 on June 21, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:36 PM

unfounded rotten allegations by bad people.

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Looks like someone left the irony on.

steebo77 on June 21, 2011 at 3:40 PM

steebo77 on June 21, 2011 at 3:39 PM

My son just sent me an email:

“LOL tell Lourdes to suck it!”

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:41 PM

I have a divorce in my past. I am not now divorced. The previous was annulled.

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Annulled? So you never consummated?

Like I said, you’re a tease.

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:36 PM

THAT IS NONE OF YOUR CREEPY BUSINESS. I can’t believe youn even wrote that, you degenerate creep.

You’re a disgusting, destructive llying lunatic.

No wonder you stalk strangers and scope out the cute children in the neighborhood after peeping in their windows at night.

Degenerate creep, you are disgusting. And who do you think you ARE for even asking me about my personal details such as that? Can’t get dates so you sexually prey on strangers? Degenerate creep…

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:41 PM

steebo77 on June 21, 2011 at 3:39 PM

My son just sent me an email:

“LOL tell Lourdes to suck it!”

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:41 PM

I see you’ve garnered a pack of perverts. Did you steal the boy?

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:42 PM

You’re a disgusting, destructive llying lunatic.

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Are you saying that you leave your curtains open at night?

How stupid are you?

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:42 PM

I see you’ve garnered a pack of perverts. Did you steal the boy?

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Are you envious because you’re barren?

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:43 PM

I see you’ve garnered a pack of perverts. Did you steal the boy?

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Lourdes is just asking for the ban-hammer.

steebo77 on June 21, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Are you envious because you’re barren?

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Sarah Palin does have 5 children. Just sayin’…

steebo77 on June 21, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Are you envious because you’re barren?

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Sarah Palin does have 5 children. Just sayin’…

steebo77 on June 21, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Paydirt.

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:44 PM

;)

mankai on June 21, 2011 at 3:35 PM

You sick, lying pervert, you!

You want to go on a date? /Lourdes

MeatHeadinCA on June 21, 2011 at 3:44 PM

You have got to be shitting me …… this is still going on ??

Jerome Horwitz on June 21, 2011 at 3:44 PM

I’ve been accessing the internet since 1995. I’ve seen odd things. I’ve seen very odd things. Yet somehow I think this might be in the top 10.

rogerb on June 21, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:33 PM

From fossten, who I quoted saying it, you moron.

MadisonConservative on June 21, 2011 at 3:45 PM

steebo77 on June 21, 2011 at 3:39 PM

My son just sent me an email:

“LOL tell Lourdes to suck it!”

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:41 PM

at steebo77: Well, there are pages upon pages here by you, the Fossten degenerate and other perverts here making any and all sorts of allegations with nary an apology for the lies and grotesque content you’ve posted, so NOW you suddenly have standards? I’m surprised at that, especially since the disgusting, perverse lies you’ve made her throughout last night and this morning were made by you and your peers without so much as a care for the harms you deployed.

So NOW you’ve got objections? It’s tough when you’re outed as being a degenerate pervert with friends who are also, isn’t it?

At fossten: I hope law enforcement pays you a visit soon.

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:46 PM

You have got to be shitting me …… this is still going on ??

Jerome Horwitz on June 21, 2011 at 3:44 PM

I’ve contacted Guiness and they have an official monitoring the thread.

darwin on June 21, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:33 PM

From fossten, who I quoted saying it, you moron.

MadisonConservative on June 21, 2011 at 3:45 PM

You beat whatever you’re “married” to, is what I read somewhere. Someone said it, somewhere. So I thought I’d just share it here for the public’s interest.

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:32 PM

I repeat:

Palin is more like Reagan than any other current candidate, according to most Republican voters polled.

I guess most Republican voters are filthy lying liars who lie about lying their lies while lying.

Brian1972 on June 21, 2011 at 3:47 PM

You sick, lying pervert, you!

You want to go on a date? /Lourdes

MeatHeadinCA on June 21, 2011 at 3:44 PM

There’s another lie by another liar. That’s not my statement, that’s a lie by another tiny idiot for Palin.

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Wow…
Epic meltdown.

OmahaConservative on June 21, 2011 at 3:49 PM

You guys have it all wrong. Lourdes is not trolling. My theory (theory – so I don’t get lumped in with the “liars”) is that she is a beta tester for the Hot Air commenting system, trying to explore the limits thereof.

PJ Emeritus on June 21, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Now new, unsubstantiated allegations of spousal abuse? Does your iniquity know no bounds? Have you know shame? Where is your hair bump?

steebo77 on June 21, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Pervert.

MeatHeadinCA on June 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM

steebo77 on June 21, 2011 at 3:49 PM

The comments have been reported. Let the the hammer swing.

MadisonConservative on June 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM

This thread is in serious need of being locked up. Nothing added from here on can be gained. Out of control.

anuts on June 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Are you envious because you’re barren?

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Sarah Palin does have 5 children. Just sayin’…

steebo77 on June 21, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Paydirt.

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Who is barren, or so you claim? You haven’t birthed a child from your arse, so you’re all envious of Palin, is that it?

You people are sick, immensely sick. And “fossten,” I’ll ask again, why are you continuing to refer to my intimate, bodily issues? Stalking someone in California is a serious offense.

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Nonsense. You are a ghoulish ghoul who ghoulishly haunts this thread with your despicable ghoul tactics which enable you to be a ghoulish ghoul while simultaneously consuming goulash through the IV you’ve had hooked up to yourself since your commenting stand off began almost 17 hours ago.

steebo77 on June 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Palin is most like Reagan of all the candidates, according to Republican voters polled.

I guess they are all liars?

Brian1972 on June 21, 2011 at 3:52 PM

steebo77 on June 21, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Covered in goop by now. Remember, she’s only a tease.

fossten on June 21, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Now that the thread has devolved into personal insults and groundless accusations, I think it’s time to wrap things up. Thanks to everyone for keeping this at a nice, high-minded, cerebral level. Don’t continue this in another thread, either; if you do, you’ll be banned.

Allahpundit on June 21, 2011 at 3:53 PM