RLC straw poll produces “interesting” result UPDATE: Payola?

posted at 4:31 pm on June 18, 2011 by Jazz Shaw

The Republican Leadership Conference is winding to a close this weekend and the straw poll results are popping up on the media machine already. It will come as no surprise that Ron Paul came in first, as he does in pretty much every straw poll held anywhere in the nation. (Where do these guys get the money to fly out and attend all these conferences?) But, as usual, the buzz that gets generated comes from who comes in second, and I’ll confess this one caught me by surprise. Though, as Greta described it, it may prove to be “Interesting… not binding or even instructive.”

• Paul 612
  • Huntsman 382
  • Bachmann 191
  • Cain 104
  • Romney 74
  • Gingrich 69
  • Palin 41
  • Santorum 30
  • Pawlenty 18
  • Johnson 10
  • Roemer 9
  • McCotter 2

You can all make what you will of this, obviously. Straw polls in a limited, highly energized and partisan audience are precisely what the name implies… straw polls. But the Huntsman finish is certainly an eye opener. We can always assume that the Ron Paul army will show up anywhere such an event takes place and flood the ballot box, but does Huntsman have that sort of a well organized army which nobody knew about?

Bachmann and Cain being the only other ones to come in at triple digits are no surprise of course, and Palin ‘s numbers may be somewhat hindered by her lack of actually … err… you know… running. Mitt is highest among the sub-100 crowd, but that would probably be a reflection of the reactions of the base (who show up at such events) to the GOP voters across the nation as a whole, including indies and moderates.

Then again, as part of your discussion, is there something more to this tiny sample? Let’s face it, every time we run a poll here at Hot Air, Romney is admired only slightly more than the nail you find in your flat tire during a rain storm. And yet he’s leading in the national polls. Huntsman (*cough* RINO! *cough*) doesn’t receive much more in the way of accolades, but does he have some juice nationally?

Discuss.

UPDATE: Rumor is already leaking out, originally floated at Politico, that Team Huntsman was laying out some cash to fly people in and vote for Jon.

Rumors circulated here that Huntsman campaign had paid for supporters to attend the conference and a spokesman for the candidate, Tim MIller, didn’t deny that they had.

“Not commenting on internal strategy,” said Miller, adding: “The result demonstrates that young conservatives are responding to his record of success in Utah, willingness to take the debt problem seriously, and foreign policy message,”

Don’t take this as any sort of endorsement that it happened, but it is being talked about. All Politico has to go on thus far is “rumors” but Miller’s non-denial was certainly a strange response. I’ve been poking my own contacts on Team Huntsman on this question and have not gotten a response, so we’ll toss this out there as is for your consideration. If we get anything firm in either direction, updates will be forthcoming.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I don’t believe that Junior has his father’s character.

disa on June 18, 2011 at 7:46 PM

This time they will do everything to get their establishment candidate in.

True_King on June 18, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Tell your boss that his candidate won’t win the primary and that he should save his money.

Key West Reader on June 18, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Geochelone on June 18, 2011 at 7:31 PM

I just want sharks with friggin “laser” beams on their heads…is that too much to ask?

Tim_CA on June 18, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Results of Huntsman and Paul — not believable.

I am very happy to see where Bachman and Cain are….

balkanmom on June 18, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Results of Huntsman and Paul — not believable.

I am very happy to see where Bachman and Cain are….

balkanmom on June 18, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Because they are so much more believable?

scotash on June 18, 2011 at 7:49 PM

but Bush Dole McCain Huntsman is the kind of candidate who can appeal to broader set of voters than just the far right.

lexhamfox on June 18, 2011 at 5:14 PM

I’ve seen this movie before.

mankai on June 18, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Lexhamfox is way too cool to be conservative. He’s all moderate and shit.

hillbillyjim on June 18, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Paul, proof that polls are worthless cowpies. Just like Paul.

Limerick on June 18, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Because they are so much more believable?

scotash on June 18, 2011 at 7:49 PM

well…

Bachman and Cain have been ranking near the top as of late.
i haven’t seen Huntsman or Paul rank on a scientific poll.

balkanmom on June 18, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Geochelone on June 18, 2011 at 7:36 PM

JtL could use your alliteration skills…

Gohawgs on June 18, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Hey Huntsman’s alliteration skills will come in handy when it comes time to beg our Chinese Over-Lords for some MORE cash.

Geochelone on June 18, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Too prissy for me. How long before he starts wearing flannel shirts, jeans and rolled up sleeves.

diogenes on June 18, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Hunstman will NOT be my President. It’d be Obama Part Deux, and Romney would be Obama Lite.

Minorcan Maven on June 18, 2011 at 8:09 PM

I am very happy to see where Bachman and Cain are….

balkanmom on June 18, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Kitsch/Platitude ’12

Punchenko on June 18, 2011 at 8:09 PM

He was a Governor. He was Deputy U.S. Trade Rep. He was an Ambassador to both China and Singapore. Oh, and he was a staff assistant to Reagan. He also knows a thing or two about the Chi-Coms, too, and he can peal off establishment types from Romney as well as make the Wall Street crowd happy. Huntsman and Palin are the only two who can beat Obama.

Punchenko on June 18, 2011 at 5:07 PM

==rino=obama=huntsman=rino=obama
Gosh, who the heck are you and what do you know about this guy who has quit every job he’s had?
High school drop out; governor of Utah quit to serve his master – obama; ambasador – quit to walk into the presidency with idiots like you!

Bambi on June 18, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Whoops should not be in the quote!

rino=obama=huntsman=rino=obama

Bambi on June 18, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Geochelone on June 18, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Better yet, let’s just elect a president who will summon Hu Jintao to the whitehouse, hold a live press conference and say “I worked with my advisors to put a dollar amount on the defense tech you have acquired from us via nefarious means. By my calculations, you owe US money. Now pay up sucker.”

Kataklysmic on June 18, 2011 at 8:17 PM

The legacy media pushing huntsman is all I need to know that a vote for huntsman is a vote for a big government type just like bush.

GardenGnome on June 18, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Kataklysmic on June 18, 2011 at 8:17 PM

And, Hu will retort “we paid Bill Clinton to give us access”…

Gohawgs on June 18, 2011 at 8:23 PM

If every liberal Mormon is going to run for the GOP nomination, when is Harry Reid going to get in?

besser tot als rot on June 18, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Where do these guys get the money to fly out and attend all these conferences?

..Ron Paul buses them in.

The War Planner on June 18, 2011 at 8:31 PM

besser tot als rot on June 18, 2011 at 8:27 PM

ROTFLMAO!!

(ducks and covers).

Tim_CA on June 18, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Whoops should not be in the quote!

rino=obama=huntsman=rino=obama

Bambi on June 18, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Just because I’m going to give the guy a chance — you know, introduce himself and lay out his vision for the country — does not make me an idiot, Bambi.

Yeah, he dropped out of HS, got a GED, worked hard at U. of Utah, and transfered to U. Penn where he got a BA in IR — sounds pretty good to me. The guy obviously didn’t sit around plotting to be president his whole life like Obama or Hillary, that’s for sure, and so his credentials aren’t as shiny for your taste, I suppose. His sit down with Henry Kissinger and Sir Harold Evan, however, to discuss China and U.S. relations was good and I am going to give the guy a chance to make his case Tuesday.

Oh, and I’m certainly not going to call anyone an idiot just because they are willing to give a candidate who is just entering the field a chance to prove what he/she has got to offer.

Punchenko on June 18, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Sir Harold Evans*

Punchenko on June 18, 2011 at 8:34 PM

“I’ll show you a bb gun” LOL!

Still, the man seems genuine, “It’s about the people.”

Yakko77 on June 18, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Seriously John, save your money, you can’t win.

Knott Buyinit on June 18, 2011 at 8:44 PM

And, Hu will retort “we paid Bill Clinton to give us access”…

Gohawgs on June 18, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Touche

Kataklysmic on June 18, 2011 at 8:45 PM

For what it’s worth, I’ve been looking at Intrade, and Huntsman’s been beyween12-16% starting sometime in May, putting him in second or third place, more or less on par with Pawlenty. The top has been Romney at about 33% for the last year or so. And there is no suspiciously high volume at any point, so I doubt it’s been rigged.

I’ve never seen or heard him speak. Could he possibly be that charismatic? Or is it just that everyone else is either so awful, or unlikely to run?

RINO in Name Only on June 18, 2011 at 8:46 PM

RINO in Name Only on June 18, 2011 at 8:46 PM

RINO in Name Only on June 18, 2011 at 8:48 PM

RINO in Name Only on June 18, 2011 at 8:46 PM

RINO in Name Only on June 18, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Hit enter by mistake. I was just going to add a third possibility — that people trading on intrade are morons, and instead of talking about this, we should be over there taking their money by selling Hunsman contracts.

RINO in Name Only on June 18, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Whenever there is a poll that can be packed by Paul backers, it is.

Now Huntsman pays for packing, too.

Loverly.

Paul makes much about the Federal Reserve and does nada.

Huntsman is looking like a Manchurian Candidate who has actually been to Manchuria.

What a lovely couple they will make, no?

ajacksonian on June 18, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Ron Paul coming in first…gee, what a surprise!

Jon ‘Who’ Huntsman coming in second…paid ballots!

Just another reason why I take no credence in these ‘Bravo Sierra’ polls.

Gothguy on June 18, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Gothguy- but this is the best Bravo Sierra these Alpha Hotels have!!!

Romeo Oscar Tango Foxtrot Lima Mike Alpha Oscar!!!

Roy Rogers on June 18, 2011 at 9:47 PM

If GOP voters refuse to vote for this Trojan horse, the libtards will screech like banshees about the “evangelicals” of the GOP hates Mormons, and ergo, Utah is in play.

Utah Republicans – and Mormons – don’t care for Huntsman. He lost 3:1 against Mitt in a poll of Utahns earlier this year. He’s barely a Mormon. He spends most of his time distancing himself from the LDS Church. I don’t think anyone here would buy that rejection of Huntsman has anything to do with him being a Mormon.

Utah will not vote for Huntsman. If Romney continues to tack left and Perry jumps in, I think a lot of Mitt’s support will shift to Perry.

Y-not on June 18, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Huntsman must have the McCain Pollsters squeezen the numbers

Obamatrix on June 18, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Hunteman should run with Obama – they seem to have the same desires, feelings and hip boots

Obamatrix on June 18, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Gothguy- but this is the best Bravo Sierra these Alpha Hotels have!!!

Romeo Oscar Tango Foxtrot Lima Mike Alpha Oscar!!!

Roy Rogers

Delta India Tango Tango Oscar, Roy!

Gothguy on June 18, 2011 at 10:12 PM

This guy is more Conservative than Huntsman.

kingsjester on June 18, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I smell Leftist scum.

Saltysam on June 18, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Punchenko on June 18, 2011 at 8:33 PM

I guess because he was my gov I can say he’s a rino!
Sorry, he’s had his chance.
He supported mccain.
His dad is a wonderful man, but jr, now so much.
So it’s OK for him to quit the governorship, ambassadorship, but not Sarah?
Why did he quit the U and go to U Penn? Since you know so much about him – why? Better school? Could only get an IR there? Why?

Bambi on June 18, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Was the motorcycle rider trying to get to the RLC to stuff the ballots?

Fallon on June 18, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Well that would explain it. The only way Huntsman would get so many votes is if he cheated.

SoulGlo on June 18, 2011 at 11:18 PM

BA in IR, is that the international version of a “degree” in social work?

jdkchem on June 18, 2011 at 11:43 PM

i have to admit, i’m still rather confused about this term “moderate”. taking a position that’s statist doesn’t make you moderate, it makes you a semi-statist.

further, i’d expect someone who considered themself a conservative to be able to articulate why this deviation in their supposed core principles. from what i see in these ‘moderates’ are people who have no core principles for which to explain these deviations.

bloghooligan on June 19, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Is Huntsman supposed to be a Republican or a Democrat?

Roy Rogers on June 19, 2011 at 12:26 AM

The only people I know that are really digging Huntsman are all flaming liberals. Huntsman is the stalking horse for Obama’s re-election or his election would be like re-electing Obama with an (R) after his name. In other words, it is just “more of the same”. He’s another seeming slacker with a list of accomplishments mainly paid for, I assume, by his father’s fortune (and if not, by whom?).

I love Jon Hunstman, Sr., who seems to be the model of personal responsibiity, love thy neighbor, my word is my bond type sensibility. The son does not seem to have inherited the father’s traits.

We do not need another influence peddling, vote buying President and I surely do not want one who calls himself a Republican but is really just a RINO.

Greyledge Gal on June 19, 2011 at 1:03 AM

David O. McKay, President of the LDS church in the 1960s was asked to pose for a picture at his desk signing some papers. He refused to do so unless he was signing something for real.

His explanation: “It is contrary to the order of heaven to deceive.”

If the rumors are true then Huntsman has no problem with deception.

The Rock on June 19, 2011 at 1:19 AM

The Palinistas ran off the intelligent ones long ago. It’s sad.

This is still a favorite, and I am hopeful that it will regain the smart ones, but I rarely come here first anymore.

It is still the easiest to post on and the Bloggers themselves are usually still good.

But it isn’t worth it, much of the time.

petunia on June 18, 2011 at 5:37 PM

HAHAHA! You are on all the time, and certainly on most every post about Palin.
So I guess if the ones you say ran off the intelligent, and you are still posting…well I guess you defined yourself.

right2bright on June 19, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Support Jon Huntsman the man is pro gun pro life pro job growth… anti mandate anti obamacare.

He will repeal Obamacare.

TimeTraveler on June 19, 2011 at 1:58 AM

BA in IR, is that the international version of a “degree” in social work?

jdkchem on June 18, 2011 at 11:43 PM

No, a degree in social work is a degree in social work. A degree in IR is a degree in international relations — it requires reading and writing on the dynamics of international politics and the evolution of the international system of states. It is a rather useful degree since the U.S. president does not make foreign policy or engaged in international politics.

I guess because he was my gov I can say he’s a rino!
Sorry, he’s had his chance.
He supported mccain.
His dad is a wonderful man, but jr, now so much.

Bambi on June 18, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Everyone supported McCain. Who was running in ’08 who was any better? Mitt? Huckabee? Certainly not Fred since he was never serious about becoming president to begin with. Palin supported McCain and helped him keep his Senate seat!

So it’s OK for him to quit the governorship, ambassadorship, but not Sarah?

I never said Palin was bad and I like Palin as much as I do Huntsman.

Does it matter? The botom line is the guy has a college degree and to call him stupid for having a GED is ridiculous like one poster suggested. Perhaps Huntsman like living in Philadelphia or maybe he was closer to his folks? Maybe Penn had a better IR program back in the ’80s? Why it matters what school he went to is silly.

Is Huntsman moderate? No, no more moderate than Rick Perry who is the Republican messiah du jour.

Punchenko on June 19, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Useless degree**

Punchenko on June 19, 2011 at 2:17 AM

And yet …Huntsman (*cough* RINO! *cough*) doesn’t receive much more in the way of accolades, but does he have some juice nationally? – Ap

YUP, 2 by 2 on bicycles!
Devine intervention aka MORMAN Juice…
Mitty’s been using it at CPAC for years.

“Let’s Roll”

On Watch on June 19, 2011 at 3:30 AM

The Mormon branch of ACORN. Reasonable result of his studies at the feet of the Master for the last couple years.

rcl on June 19, 2011 at 4:53 AM

Bachman has real potential but, Like Perry, she has to be unscripted and passionate. She must take it to another level!

btw, I was a Romney supporter. Now, I swear, I will sit this one out if he is the nominee. (We’ve been burnt by McCain and countless others.. Schwartzeneger, etc.. I’m so friggin’ sick of holding my nose and pulling the lever..)

Quetzal on June 19, 2011 at 4:57 AM

Until that point Mitt thinks he will pick up more moderates moving towards the center than he could ever possibly lose from an upset right.

Fred 2 on June 18, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Maybe. But first he has to get nominated.

MSimon on June 19, 2011 at 5:15 AM

Quetzal on June 19, 2011 at 4:57 AM

Obama will send you a thank-you note along with the tax bill.

Adjoran on June 19, 2011 at 5:37 AM

Paul/Huntsman 3036!!!

trigon on June 19, 2011 at 6:39 AM

Im hoping the Republicans go with a Romney/Huntsman ticket, so we can get on with the long overdue job of setting up a conservative party. These two lefties perfectly embody all that sucks in the GOP.

james23 on June 19, 2011 at 8:00 AM

Huntman is a nobody -except to the establishment -expect all kinds of faux polls and manipulated news by both parties.

I am more than convinced that both parties are out to stop Palin -Chris Matthews call Michelle Backman (Palin’s only, God, female, and family values, competition) his hero.

Is anyone in the world stupid enough to believe that she is? Doesn’t anyone even wonder why the right hadn’t chastized Bachmann for loosing her pit bull (Ed Rollins) on Palin? Or, for that matter, does anyone not wonder why the right has systematically attempted to degrade Sarah on a regular basis. Will, Krauthammer,Coulter,Rove,engage in collective efforts to discredit her. Such things from the entrenched political gatekeepers are never done by accident. It is a concerted effort to prevent her candidacy, hopefully without losing the conservative vote.

Propaganda is a weapon of both parties, but Divine Providence may have something to say about the organized demise of once Judeo-Christian America.

Don L on June 19, 2011 at 8:57 AM

So what – A meaningless straw poll 18 months before the election. Everyone needs to chill out.

JFS61 on June 19, 2011 at 9:29 AM

james23 on June 19, 2011 at 8:00 AM

Well, James, I hope we don’t get a Romney/Huntsman ticket because I would like to see the Republican party right itself rather than go down the crapper.

That said, the Republican party was formed out of discontent with the Whig party and I will abandon the Republican party if they nominate Huntsman. I can never vote for anyone who willingly worked for Barack Obama and who I believe to be the choice of the puppeteers who are now unhappy with Obama’s progress.

Sorry, but Soros and his ilk always have a back-up plan. If they believe that Obama has little chance of winning, I have no doubt they are courting someone on the Republican side and the likeliest sellout candidate is Huntsman.

Greyledge Gal on June 19, 2011 at 9:34 AM

There isn’t a poll that can be trusted anywhere. Newpapers create them for news. I suppose the only ones that can be trusted are the “internals” than never see the light of day except for the campaign. It’s too early, so far we haven’t seen a candidate with any substance emerge. They are all lacking. Their silly straw polls are just more evidence to create “buzz”.

There will be a substanative candidate emerge and that person will not speak Mandarin. It will be Common Sense. The refreshing breeze from the North will begin in time.

BetseyRoss on June 19, 2011 at 9:52 AM

No wonder Obamaniacs like Huntsman. He appears to be willing to Buy your vote too!

IanTrouble on June 19, 2011 at 10:21 AM

RINO in Name Only on June 18, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Fourth possibility — if Huntsman really did pay people to vote for him in the straw poll, how much of a shock would it be to find out he’s also spending some spare cash to game inTrade?

Huntsman really is the more sophisticated version of Donald Trump as a candidate — wholly self-financed and media driven, and looking to use those assets to create a fake groundswell image that’s not really there. The difference is Trump fanned his flame by being the most aggressive opponent of Obama; Huntsman’s strategy seems to be to run as the least hostile candidate to Obama, and hope that liberal voters in open primary state’s will flock to his cause with Obama already locked in as the Democrats’ nominee.

jon1979 on June 19, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Kataklysmic, the Chinese are also famous for stealing intellectual property, so add copyright infringement to the bill. And then there are the penalties for hacking. And the penalties for unsafe toys. And on and on and on. We could end up owning China.

nkviking75 on June 19, 2011 at 10:30 AM

..Ron Paul buses them in.

The War Planner on June 18, 2011 at 8:31 PM

There are tens of thousands od Spathis (Ron Paul supporters) whyo live for straw polls and to hear their master’s voice,

I’m sure Huntsman got his votes the same way.

bw222 on June 19, 2011 at 10:46 AM

bw222 on June 19, 2011 at 10:46 AM

They are simply paving the way for Herr Doktor the Gozerian. Otherwise known as Herr Doktor the Destructor, Volguus Zildrohar, Herr Doktor the Traveler, Lord Of The Sebouillia.

He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the Rectification of the Vuldronaii, Herr Doktor came as a large moving Torb! Then, during the Third Reconciliation of the Last of the Meketrex Supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Sloar! Many Shubs and Zulls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you!

catmman on June 19, 2011 at 10:58 AM

In a few years FRand Paul may be a different story.

bw222 on June 19, 2011 at 11:10 AM

‘Payola’ sounds competely believable to me. Huntsman is already rumored to be the Bush family’s candidate now that Daniels is out. It makes sense to me also that they are getting pretty desperate about now and would therefore organize a ‘fly in the troops to vote for Jon’ effort. I’m sad to say that the Bush family has all the appearances of not merely holding the wrong political-economic philosophy but are actually hostile to the intent of The Founders and have dynastic ambitions for their family. I assume it is unconscious, but they give the impression of seeing themselves as our rulers, just as much as all the Dems do. Theirs is the soft tyranny of “kinder, gentler”, ‘compassion’ imposed by the elites. That is why I will never vote for Huntsman or any other candidate backed by the Bush family.

JimP on June 19, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Interesting view here from a respected Democratic strategist:

“Donna Brazile: Yes, I said Sarah Palin for President”
Published: Sunday, June 12, 2011, 6:53 AM

“In my last column, I presented reasons why Sarah Palin should not be dismissed as a presidential hopeful. Because one column alone couldn’t cover everything, I offer another cluster of reasons below, starting with an important one: She has time.

Palin can wait until the last possible moment to officially file her intent to run. Others who have already filed or are looking to file need to start developing traction-generating strategies now. However, Palin has both name recognition and the ability to quickly raise the funds needed to pull together a massive organization in the key early states. This media-savvy political professional can decide when it is the right time for her to file.”

The rest of the article is at the link below.

SheetAnchor on June 19, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Key West Reader on June 18, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Who’s my boss?

True_King on June 19, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Key West Reader on June 18, 2011 at 7:46 PM
Who’s my boss?

True_King on June 19, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Which candidate do you support?

hawkdriver on June 19, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Huntsman was elected in landslide in the most conservative state in the country. Definitely going to give him a look.

therightwinger on June 19, 2011 at 1:27 PM

It’s amazing how much money you can save by living in your parent’s basement!

thuja on June 19, 2011 at 1:38 PM

therightwinger on June 19, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Careful there friend. Most folks here get downright testy when you use reason or logic in a post. Original thinking scares the flock.

Haldol on June 19, 2011 at 1:45 PM

I don’t know: polling straw is just about as instructive as polling generic adults.

OK, in same cases, the straw IS smarter. Still…

karl9000 on June 19, 2011 at 2:50 PM

therightwinger on June 19, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Haldol on June 19, 2011 at 1:45 PM

I think is was mostly because of his name and the reputation of his father. His last name is all over Utah because of his Dad’s generosity. I know he would never be elected again in the state of Utah. Maybe in Salt Lake because it’s a leftist haven. Our former mayor tried to sell the air between two malls, so the LDS Church couldn’t build a walk way across so that people in the winter didn’t have to go out in the snow and cold. He tried so hard especially in San Fran, but alas the walkway is up and will open soon.

Bambi on June 19, 2011 at 4:58 PM

So, the Democrat ticket is Romney/Huntsman.

Could not happen to a couple nicer guys.

Roy Rogers on June 19, 2011 at 9:35 PM

These straw polls are meaningless and a bad symptom of what our democracy has become.

HondaV65 on June 20, 2011 at 3:46 AM

Do Romney or Huntsman see their own reflections in mirrors?

Roy Rogers on June 20, 2011 at 11:04 AM

I am very tired of the elitist in the Republican party telling the Republican voters who we should vote for and who is WORTHY of being voted for.

We as American voters are quite capable of making our own choices. If we like Palin, Bachman, or Cain that is who we are going to vote for in the primary.

The Obamanation might not be in the White House right now if we hadn’t had McCain shoved down our throats. Most people didn’t like McCain and did not want him as president. The only reason he got as many votes as he did was because of Sarah Palin and the excitement she generated. Of course once the masses started seeing that BHO is a socialist that doesn’t give a damn about this country it made McCain look a lot better. Anyone that I am aware of would do better as President than BHO and that is a sad statement to have to make.

SgtRed on June 20, 2011 at 1:30 PM

SgtRed on June 20, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

White House Insider: Democrats Join with Republicans Against Obama

All we need to do is cut the ham strings on the RINO attempt to usurp the will of the people.

Roy Rogers on June 20, 2011 at 2:08 PM

I’ll say one thing for Huntsman, he certainly has a ready and willing army of internet trolls at the very least.

Huntsman being elected as a Republican with the name of apparently a statewide hero in a red state as an achievement is laughable. Romney being elected in Massachusetts is a much less likely and therefore more important feat, even if you, like me, have no intention of voting for him this time around.

What little I have heard of Huntsman from the Howie Carr Show I already dislike. Given that he was out emissary for Obama’s China Policy ans he did not resign, one can only assume he approves of further indebting ourselves to this century’s sleeping dragon.

China is not our friend. China is not our ally. China is opposed to every single value that Americans hold dear, and we have contracted with this devil purely out of expediency and lucre. They will turn on us as soon as they are able, and are already in the process of doing so in their meeting with Iran and Russia in Kazakhstan.

BKennedy on June 21, 2011 at 3:41 AM