Weiner to seek “treatment” as Pelosi, Wasserman-Schultz call on him to resign; Update: Waiting for Huma? Update: Delaware police end investigation

posted at 4:09 pm on June 11, 2011 by Allahpundit

Conveniently, the “short leave of absence” he’ll be taking from Congress coincides with the end of the recess on Monday, where he would have faced an angry and unified Democratic caucus demanding that he resign.

This guy really is utterly terrified of losing his power, isn’t he?

Pelosi released the following statement Saturday:

“Congressman Weiner has the love of his family, the confidence of his constituents, and the recognition that he needs help. I urge Congressman Weiner to seek that help without the pressures of being a Member of Congress.”

Wasserman Schultz released the following statement:

“It is with great disappointment that I call on Representative Anthony Weiner to resign. The behavior he has exhibited is indefensible and Representative Weiner’s continued service in Congress is untenable. This sordid affair has become an unacceptable distraction for Representative Weiner, his family, his constituents and the House – and for the good of all, he should step aside and address those things that should be most important – his and his family’s well-being.”

Steve Israel, head of the DCCC, also issued a statement. According to the Times piece linked above, he called Weiner yesterday to tell him he had to go and, presumably, to give him a heads up that the Democratic leadership would be dropping a coordinated bomb on him today if he didn’t. And yet, faced with another day of humiliation and the inescapable fact that tomorrow morning’s chat shows will be all Weiner, all the time, one of America’s highest-functioning men still can’t bring himself to quit. That fanatic attachment to power, even at the price of seeing his dignity shredded in the media day after day, is one of the creepiest parts of this story.

But not quite the creepiest, depending upon how this angle of the scandal plays out:

Delaware police are looking for the direct messages sent back and forth between Weiner and the 17-year-old high school girl…

Police sources told FoxNews.com the girl brought her laptop and phone to the police station Friday evening.

The girl’s mother said her daughter told her that none of the messages she received from Weiner were inappropriate.

Sources said much of the conversations between Weiner and the high schooler had been deleted from the girl’s computer.

Why would a teenaged Anthony Weiner fan who’d had innocuous conversations with her political hero want to erase them? Why not preserve them instead and show them off to friends? E.g., “And here’s where he encouraged me to join Model UN. And here’s where he told me to apply myself and keep working for the people,” etc. Actually, maybe it wasn’t the girl who deleted the tweets; maybe it was Weiner himself, suddenly sensitive for whatever reason about getting caught DMing with a high-school student. See Ace for more in that vein.

Just for fun, here’s flashback video of Wasserman-Schultz, forever robotically on message, insisting that Weiner’s online chats are a “personal matter.” Once the words “underaged girl” started appearing in headlines, the official party message had to change; hence today’s resignation demand from DWS. Exit question via Dave Weigel: What is Weiner seeking “treatment” for, precisely? Sex addiction? According to Weiner, he didn’t have sex with anyone except his wife. In fact, as Weigel notes, at his presser on Monday Weiner specifically said, “This is not something that can be treated away; this is my own personal mistake.” When did he become convinced that he did, in fact, have a sympathy-inducing malady rather than a scorn-inducing penchant for power-tripping and sexual recklessness? Oh well. According to senior Democrats, it won’t save him.

Update: I thought for sure it was the news about the high-school student that forced the Democrats’ hand, but a senior Democratic official says nope. They’ve been planning to drop the resignation bomb on him for days, hoping against hope that some small sense of honor would lead him to quit before it came to that.

Not a smart bet, really.

A senior Democratic official told CNN that the decision to call for Weiner’s resignation had “been in the works for several days” and the discussions “between the political committees resulted in an internal Saturday morning deadline for him to resign on his own.”

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter, said the decision “was decided before the Delaware news broke.”

Update: He’ll never, ever give up power unless the only alternative is jail time, says KP: “I’ll say it for the 800th time: Anthony will not resign unless there is threat of legal prosecution, which at this point there would be no basis for.”

Update (Ed): National Journal’s report has this interesting tidbit, emphasis mine:

Both Pelosi and Israel called Weiner in New York on Saturday to urge him to resign. They told him they had statements prepared to call for him to resign and vowed to release him if he didn’t comply. Weiner told them that he would not make a move until his wife Huma Abedin, a top aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, returned from her trip to Africa and the Middle East with Clinton. Abedin is expected back on Wednesday.

I’d guess that Pelosi and Israel might want to arrange a video conference call between Weiner and his wife ASAP.  Weiner’s response seems to indicate that he may be retreating from his no-surrender position.

Update: News via Ace: Police have wrapped their investigation into Weiner’s DMs with the girl.

A spokesman says police in Delaware have completed their investigation into Rep. Anthony Weiner’s online contact with a 17-year-old girl.

C.R. McLeod, a spokesman for the New Castle County government, told The Associated Press on Saturday that investigators have concluded their probe and don’t plan any further comment “unless something new arises that needs their attention.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Bitter clinger.

Philly on June 11, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Stick it out, Weiner.

artist on June 11, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Notice how Nan does not mention that Ween has friends in Congress. He didn’t have any before the scandal, so he sure isn’t going to find any now.

Philly on June 11, 2011 at 4:12 PM

And here’s where he encouraged me to join Model UN. And here’s where he told me to apply myself and keep working for the people!

and then I told him, about this one time, at band camp, I was taking a flute and….

ted c on June 11, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Debbie Does Weiner

GoodBoy on June 11, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Antny, it won’t protect you from an arrest warrant.

katy the mean old lady on June 11, 2011 at 4:14 PM

Good one, Philly.

I’ve never wanted a politician to just go away this badly. Not even what’s-his-name with the wide stance.

J.E. Dyer on June 11, 2011 at 4:14 PM

They can’t let him come back to the House. No parent of a House page would want him in the building.

Wethal on June 11, 2011 at 4:14 PM

There is ZERO chance that a smitten teenage girl would delete Weiners messages unless he called her or she decided they were salacious enough to hurt her “crush”.
Sick freak- he needs to be expelled.

jjshaka on June 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Bitter clinger.

Philly on June 11, 2011 at 4:10 PM

LOL!

pain train on June 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM

He may think he can line up some lefty foundation job in the meantime. I doubt even Podesta or Soros would take him.

Wethal on June 11, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Bedbugs? Lice? Crabs?

SouthernGent on June 11, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Way back at the beginning I said this guy was trying to make it go away because the picture was just the, er, tip of the iceberg. But I can’t claim I thought it went as far as underage girls.

This move is just about the last one he can make. He is trying to hide out until the underage girl stuff blows over (good luck with that!) and portray himself as a victim too. Pretty despicable, but it has been apparent for a while now that it is hard to overestimate this guy’s deficiencies of character.

novaculus on June 11, 2011 at 4:16 PM

this thread needs music… alas…

The Clash!

Darling you got to let me know
Should I stay or should I go?
If you say that you are mine
I’ll be here ’til the end of time
So you got to let me know
Should I stay or should I go?

Always tease tease tease
You’re happy when I’m on my knees
One day is fine, next day is black
So if you want me off your back
Well come on and let me know
Should I stay or should I go?

Should I stay or should I go now?
Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go there will be trouble
An’ if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know!

ted c on June 11, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Stick a fork in that weiner. I’m pretty sure it’s done!

cirrus on June 11, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Antny, it won’t protect you from an arrest warrant.

katy the mean old lady on June 11, 2011 at 4:14 PM

He’s trying to set up some kind of mental illness defense if the deleted messages give the basis for corrupting the morals of a minor charges.

Wethal on June 11, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Pelosi says ‘he must go’ today. Yesterday, not so much.

Wanna bet she reverses herself again tomorrow? Stay, Weiner, stay. Tell Nancy and Debbie to stick it where the sun don’t shine.

savvydude on June 11, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Weiner isn’t going to resign. After all, he didn’t pay his dues to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, stiffing them around $200,000. That was, in effect, telling his Democratic colleagues “up yours” and he’ll do it again.

Weiner loves being a Congressman. Where else can a schmuck make that kind of money?

Emperor Norton on June 11, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Is it just me or has crr been avoiding the Weiner threads.

My guess she is not a weiner kind of gal.

CW on June 11, 2011 at 4:18 PM

“The behavior he has exhibited is indefensible”

Why? That is all liberals do, defend immoral behavior. What makes this so different?

lowandslow on June 11, 2011 at 4:18 PM

“treatment” sheesh. What a way to medicalize behavior. Behavior is just that, its behavior, its a choice, he chose to do it. It’s not like tuberculosis, ie, something that actually requires ‘treatment.’

ted c on June 11, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Actually, the longer this lasts, the longer it hurts the Dems. String it along.

ahem on June 11, 2011 at 4:19 PM

It’s about time the hypocritical harpies of the hyper-left stepped up; imagine if Weiner didn’t have the “D” party affiliation how quickly the hue and cry for his head (the one on his shoulders!) would have begun…

Now we just have to do the full “Foley” with this and work it into every conversation about Democrats in congress until 2012.

RocketmanBob on June 11, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Stay, Wiener! Stay!!

Pelosi will change her mind again!

Nothing short of the DC cops physically dragging him off of the House floor and perp walking him out the door will make this creep resign.

BacaDog on June 11, 2011 at 4:20 PM

But his constituents want him to stay, Nan. What gives? Didn’t Botox Nan say that his constituents should decide whether he should stay or go?

Ween is being thrown to the wolves and it couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. This nutcase behaved like a banshee during so many news appearances that I grabbed the remote when I saw his face on TV. I am surprised that no one has kicked his butt for being a jerk. Sweet revenge on a nasty little punk. Give him enough rope.

Philly on June 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Emperor Norton on June 11, 2011 at 4:18 PM

CNN?

It is inevitable: Weiner-Spitzer!

novaculus on June 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM

You got to give the guy a way out. As it stands, he has nothing to lose by sticking it out. If there is insufficient evidence to file charges and if he violated no House rules, they can’t kick him out. And frankly, I’d be shocked if the voters kick him out because libtard New Yorkers are a bunch of freaks.

Blake on June 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Deserted by “stretch” and “blabbermouth”! Stick a fork in him.

50sGuy on June 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Actually, the longer this lasts, the longer it hurts the Dems. String it along.

ahem on June 11, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Yep that is exactly why Nan and the frizzled one want him to just go away.

CW on June 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM

I’m still waiting for a Democrat to explain to me how what Weiner did is worse than what Clinton did.

It can’t be the lying about it, since they didn’t call for Clinton to resign, either over lying to the public (“I did not have sex with that woman”), or even in sworn (perjured) testimony.

It can’t be a harassment issue, since every feminist since Andrea Dworkin swears that “unequal power relationships” spawn sexual harassment, if not outright rape. Having sexual relations with a star-struck intern seems a wee bit worse to me, on the Ick-O-Meter, than texting someone flirty words or dirty pictures.

So what is it? Could it be that the difference has nothing whatsoever to do with principle, and everything to do with whether the Democrats gain or lose power by their “cleansing” the party?

Naaah. I just must not be smart enough to see the difference. Or maybe it’s like F. Scott Fitzgerald said: “the true test of a first-rate mind is the ability to hold two contradictory ideas at the same time.” I guess the first-rate minds over at Tammany Hall, excuse me, Nancy Pelosi’s place can do that: Weiner was committing sexual peccadillos and lying about them, and so must be fired; Clinton was merely committing sexual peccadillos and lying about them, and that is *not* a firing offense.

Zumkopf on June 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I want him to stay and be a reminder of what America has to look forward to from the Democratic party.

Tennman on June 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM

CW on June 11, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Stop! Stop! You’re killin’ me!

novaculus on June 11, 2011 at 4:23 PM

This is absolute “BS” and it simply won’t sell. Weiner epitomizes the cancerous moral rot that has infested that liberal Party and this phony stunt changes nothing.

rplat on June 11, 2011 at 4:23 PM

If this was some random government employee sexting women with no physical contact, they would be defending him with every breath. Why doesn’t someone in the MSM ask Pelosi and Schultz what makes this any different?

lowandslow on June 11, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Hang in there, Weina. We luv ya.

RepubChica on June 11, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Will ObamaCare cover rehab for Progressiveness…?

d1carter on June 11, 2011 at 4:25 PM

What is Weiner seeking “treatment” for, precisely?

Actually, the longer this lasts, the longer it hurts

If condition persists for more than four hours, call your physician.

Emperor Norton on June 11, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Zumkopf on June 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM

There is no difference, something even conservatives aren’t talking about. In our modern, anything goes, progressive world what exactly did Weiner do that was so wrong?

lowandslow on June 11, 2011 at 4:26 PM

As a Conservative I hope Wiener sticks it out. I know it will be hard, but it will provide a great rise for the Republicans.

BTW, when did they invent a rehab for being an arrogant, liberal jerk?

cat-scratch on June 11, 2011 at 4:27 PM

The Dems want to get back to “Ryan wants to throw Grama off a cliff!”

Weiner broke that momentum from NY-26, and they need to try to get it back.

Wethal on June 11, 2011 at 4:27 PM

When I said we should go full “Foley” on the Dems with this until 2012, I specifically don’t mean we should ape Pelosi’s memes verbatim.

With respect to Weinergate, I think I’d avoid any references to “draining” anything…

RocketmanBob on June 11, 2011 at 4:27 PM

They have treatment centers for modern, high-functioning men?

Fallon on June 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM

I am so sick and tired of these clowns characterizing this kind of behavior as a “mistake.” A mistake is forgetting to carry the two in an addition problem or grabbing the wrong brand of laundry detergent at the grocery store. With the exception of his posting the package shot on his public Twitter feed, everything he did was intentional. He intended to send that picture to a 21 year old, he intended to have sexually charged conversations with a Vegas blackjack dealer, he intended to have private conversations with a high school student. These were not mistakes. They represent at the very least a significant flaw in his character. Each day he continues to stay in the House he diminishes the institution.

Ironwood297 on June 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Zumkopf on June 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM

The difference is, Zumkopf, that Clinton was likeable, somewhat charismatic, and had some friends in Congress. Weiner? Not so much…

RocketmanBob on June 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Where is Chris Hansen on this? Oh yeah, he works for the same network as Brian Williams who has done his best to ignore and bury this scandal.

As for the girl deleting her conversations – nothing is ever deleted on a computer, the info is just scrambled away. It usually be recovered when needed, even in computers badly damaged in a fire.

Weiner’s district is supporting him in this, so they should get ZERO federal funds for anything and be completely ignored and punished for their moral decadence. Then Governor Cuomo, who is surprisingly reasonable for a New York Democrat, can demand they re-district this guy out of the job.

Daemonocracy on June 11, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Where’s Boehner? Hello? Anybody there? Say something for cripes sake.

sandee on June 11, 2011 at 4:35 PM

So what’s changed in the 13 years since S(l)ick Willie perjured himself?

Steve Eggleston on June 11, 2011 at 4:37 PM

sandee on June 11, 2011 at 4:35 PM

something tells me having “Boehner” and “Weiner” together in the headlines may be a little too sordid for headline news.

Also, when your enemy is committing suicide, stay out of his way.

Daemonocracy on June 11, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Ironwood297 on June 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM

You know, thank you! Well stated. We need to keep reminding the Emperor that he has no clothes. Not a mistake; he got caught. Not bad judgement; intentional evildoing.

Tennman on June 11, 2011 at 4:39 PM

“Sense of honor.” If he had that, he wouldn’t be in this mess.

Tasha on June 11, 2011 at 4:39 PM

The douche needs to go but he appears to be diggin in. Perhaps he could change party affiliation (i.e. independent, weinercrat, greenie weenie, etc.) and tell the Dems to GFT’s. At least he’d be in a much better position to hang on until the next election.

glennbo on June 11, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Also, when your enemy is committing suicide, stay out of his way.

Daemonocracy on June 11, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Never thought of that. Boehner would however be the one who would sign off on Weiners “leave of absence.”

sandee on June 11, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Weiner to seek “treatment”

Treatment for What?
Being a power hungry National Socialist?

Or just being a “Weiner”?

Chip on June 11, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Debbie Does Weiner

GoodBoy on June 11, 2011 at 4:13 PM

That’s just nasty! Good though, I got a good chuckle out of it!

“And now, here’s a message from Debbie Downer on Weiner!”

BruthaMan on June 11, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Weiner broke that momentum from NY-26, and they need to try to get it back.

Wethal on June 11, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Goodness knows the Media would like to get back to ignoring the Gunwalker scandal.

Insert witty screen name here on June 11, 2011 at 4:44 PM

And so it ends.

Mason on June 11, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Is Anthony going to be the first Congresscritter to end up on the Government Registry of Secual Offenders?? As tenaciously as he is clinging to his ‘job’, I would suggest someone set up a ‘suicide watch’ for him. Oh, and that mayor’s job in the Big Apple – forgeddaboutit, Tony!

Bob in VA on June 11, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Will someone not think of the Koz Kids. Can they recover and how can they blame this on Breitbart. With any luck they will start to eat there own well before 2012 and divide the left more than the right can ever be split.

tjexcite on June 11, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Re: my last, Strike ‘Secual’ – meant ‘Sexual’

Bob in VA on June 11, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Tennman on June 11, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Why would any modern liberal view what he did as wrong, showing poor judgment, evildoing? Why, what’s so special about this?

lowandslow on June 11, 2011 at 4:46 PM

“Update: I thought for sure it was the news about the high-school student that forced the Democrats’ hand, but a senior Democratic official says nope.’

No hitting on you, AP, just referencing it. I don’t believe this. Or more precisely, while I believe they had a crisis mgt team in the works for several days scoping scenarios, making decisions, defining trip wires, etc, what caused the position change is exactly what they deny.

The Dems are fully aware of what’s coming down the pike, via Think Progress, MoveOn, dKos and while those may be talking one line, they’ll be keeping the Party informed of what the situation is via back-channels. (Just because journolist is gone doesn’t mean the coord’n is gone.) The about face of DWS and Israel is indicative, and so is the tenor of the demand, that the story had crossed a predefined trip wire and they needed to go to pulling the plug on Weiner right away.

Dusty on June 11, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Where’s Boehner? Hello? Anybody there? Say something for cripes sake.

sandee on June 11, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Agree 110%. If he is directly asked and plays the “oh well it’s not up to me or what I think” card then I have less use for him than this turd.

Marcus on June 11, 2011 at 4:49 PM

I think what tipped the scales for the Dem leadership is the fact that Republicans haven’t been all over the media sanctimoniously and self righteously calling for his resignation. Even when Cantor was asked, he gave a timid, “he should resign” response. No preachy, “dignity of the office, eroding the people’s trust, respect for family values, blah, blah, blah” (like Dems do when a Republican scandal breaks).

The Dems realized the Republicans are staying quiet because they are licking their chops hoping the guy does in fact stay so they can hang him around the neck of Dems in about 12 or so months. They will use him as a compare and contrast the Republicans and how they handle these scandals (Rep. Lee resigned before his shirtless photo even made the news) and how the Dems handle their scandals…and remind everyone of the “draining of the swamp”.

ramrants on June 11, 2011 at 4:51 PM

I don’t see him seeking treatment for “sex addiction”. I have a feeling he’ll blame it on alcoholism or something to that effect.

He did these things while intoxicated and after much introspection, he’s determined the alcohol is a problem, blah, blah, blah…

ButterflyDragon on June 11, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Three things.
One.

Bitter clinger.

Philly on June 11, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Damn funny.

Two.

Zumkopf on June 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Congressmen are a dime a dozen. With Clinton the White House was on the line. If he left office in disgrace it would have rippled through history instead of being a footnote.

Three.
Be suspicious.
Going to rehab usually means someone is coming back.
If he is truly to lose his job about this then there is no reason for him to punish himself more. After all, what is he going to say on the Washington cocktail circuit with Huma ?

“Hi…I’m disgraced former U.S.Rep Weiner. I just got out of rehab for sexual addiction. Can we count on your support…?

NeoKong on June 11, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Maybe he should, in his convalescence, take time to change his name to something more innocuous.

I’m thinking something bland, like Anthony Superman… or maybe Tony Schlong.

hillbillyjim on June 11, 2011 at 4:53 PM

fly her home.

ted c on June 11, 2011 at 4:56 PM

He shouldn’t make any decisions without consulting with his wife first.

I don’t even own a television set, but it seems that these days it is nothing but reality shows of people acting badly as if that is normal behavior. Maybe, it is normal behavior? No marriage, causal hookups, ridiculous sex exhibitions… Except for the juvie aspect, maybe what weiner did is the new norm? Where are all those polls telling us that young people are pro gay marriage? Is this any different???

Blake on June 11, 2011 at 4:57 PM

I’ve been married for 34 years and if my husband was engaged in these bizarre and kinky activities – I would have been on the NEXT PLANE HOME to kick the SOB out of the house and thrown his belongings out by the road.

STRANGER THAN STRANGE.

IlonaE on June 11, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Seems to me he’s waiting for Huma to come home so he can get her to go to bat for him with the Clintons, who he thinks will then save him.

RebeccaH on June 11, 2011 at 4:58 PM

I’m thinking something bland, like Anthony Superman… or maybe Tony Schlong.

hillbillyjim on June 11, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Or Seymore Johnson.

Apologies to the Air Force.

hawkdriver on June 11, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Zumkopf on June 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM

RocketmanBob on June 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM

The difference is that Clinton looked and acted like a ladies man who enjoys “quickies” in the coat closets at black tie affairs, while Weiner looks and acts like a flasher who hangs around playgrounds.

ardenenoch on June 11, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Stick it out, Weiner.

artist on June 11, 2011 at 4:11 PM

..and the winner (Wenier?) for this thread goes to..

(God, that’s good!)

The War Planner on June 11, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Police Conclude Investigation; Say They Expect No Further Comment Unless Situation Changes
—Ace

AOSHQ.

Apparently not facing charges in DE. For now.

Wethal on June 11, 2011 at 5:01 PM

…with weiners head hung low, he made the hard decision to enter rehab.

glennbo on June 11, 2011 at 5:03 PM

If he does enter a treatment center they better remove his shoe laces,belt and sheets.When he finally has to give up his power he loves so much I see him hanging around for awhile.

docflash on June 11, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Tony Weiner has never done anything else in his entire life but be a Congressman. Not counting his career student days and a short stint as a political intern.

FlatFoot on June 11, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Weiner was between two rocks and a hard place..

glennbo on June 11, 2011 at 5:04 PM

I’m still trying to figure out what Huma is doing with a putz like Ween, especially if she is a devout Muslim as reported.

She sure didn’t marry up. I’ll bet she’s had quite a few “what was I thinking” moments.

Philly on June 11, 2011 at 5:04 PM

This guy really is utterly terrified of losing his power, isn’t he?

Its not losing power he’s afraid of. Its being subject to the laws he’s put in place over the last 14 years as a common man, not an exempt politician. He knows he can’t survive under the laws he put in place. For others.

BobMbx on June 11, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Wethal on June 11, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Podesta still thinks Bill Clintoon didn’t do anything illegal.

He’ll hire him in a minute.

Del Dolemonte on June 11, 2011 at 5:06 PM

docflash on June 11, 2011 at 5:04 PM

For a jerk that arrogant , it really has to be a big fall.

the_nile on June 11, 2011 at 5:07 PM

hillary and her aides sure aren’t known for picking very good men, are they?

birds of a feather, or something.

ted c on June 11, 2011 at 5:07 PM

throw his ass out of congress and mail the stuff in his desk to his house.

ted c on June 11, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Philly on June 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM

..that’s coming, Philly, when this guy assumes the mantle of “disgraced former congressman Tony [the] Weiner” and heads back home. He starts walking around the streets of his former district and perv it up with some longshoreman’s kid sister. The locals will beat this creep within an inch of his life.

The War Planner on June 11, 2011 at 5:08 PM

if this is true, then why did Pelosi say yesterday he could stay? I don’t believe this story. This bomb has been in the works for days and he was given until today to resign, but their leader told the press yesterday he could stay?

Don’t believe it.

ramrants on June 11, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Hmmm, never saw this angle before. From wiki’s Huma entry:

Abedin began working as an intern for the White House in 1996 and was assigned to the First Lady.

Del Dolemonte on June 11, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Treatment? GMAFB. I am so sick of the medicalization of all manner of behavior.

The guy’s a skeeze. End of story.

Rae on June 11, 2011 at 5:12 PM

He is the perfect face of the Democrats. Immoral, dishonest and clinging to power for power’s sake. I hope he stays on.

John the Libertarian on June 11, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Where is he going, Pervs Anonymous ?

Wade on June 11, 2011 at 5:16 PM

I wonder how long it will be until Law & Order SVU parrots this incident, with a hard-right conservative as the perp, of course.

hillbillyjim on June 11, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Where’s Boehner? Hello? Anybody there? Say something for cripes sake.

sandee on June 11, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Marcus on June 11, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Dusty on June 11, 2011 at 5:16 PM

if this is true, then why did Pelosi say yesterday he could stay? Don’t believe it.

ramrants on June 11, 2011 at 5:08 PM

She may have wanted to look like she wasn’t pushing him out, but that he left of his own accord. She thought he would take the private advice and leave before she had to call for his resignation.

If he’d left on his own, she could do the “It was so brave of him to ‘take responsibility,’ so let’s put this behind us, leave them alone, and pray for him and his family. Now, Paul Ryan wants to throw Granny off a cliff!

Wethal on June 11, 2011 at 5:16 PM

This is what I was trying to articulate (albeit badly) on the other thread…desperate to the very end.

I’m actually starting to get embarrassed for this reprobate perv.

Tim_CA on June 11, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Just wait for Weiners next tweet…

glennbo on June 11, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Will he have to register as an sex offender?

Wade on June 11, 2011 at 5:20 PM

It’s understood, there’s no treatment for narcissistic personality of this magnitude.

Paul-Cincy on June 11, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Not a smart bet, really.

Yeah. You’d think his fellow sleaze ‘rats would know a Democrat never has honor.

MeatHeadinCA on June 11, 2011 at 5:20 PM

What is Weiner seeking “treatment” for, precisely?

Easy:

His Power.
His Position.
His Fame.
His Salary/Perks/Lifestyle.

It’s ALWAYS been about Weiner.

Tim_CA on June 11, 2011 at 5:23 PM

The sicko has an addiction to power, not just sex. Back in my youth (circa 1982), I got drunk at an office Halloween party and threw up all over the bathroom. I also crushed my ladybug wings. I wanted to quit the next day (luckily everyone else was pretty smashed too). This guy has his anatomy out in cyberspace and doesn’t even blink an eye. My how times have changed. I feel like Grandma Walton sometimes.

TxAnn56 on June 11, 2011 at 5:24 PM