Video: Crossroads on DNC Chairwoman: Nobody likes a Debbie Downer

posted at 6:40 pm on June 8, 2011 by Tina Korbe

Gotta love this. American Crossroads, a non-profit political organization founded by Karl Rove and Ed Gillespie, released a video that captures the essence of several of Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ recent comments.

The best part about this video is that I feel anything but down when I watch it. Strangely enough, even though it reminds me of Wasserman Schultz’ uncalled-for remarks, it actually makes me feel quite cheerful. The music’s just too perky not to bounce along to it a bit.

But I think Michael O’Brien over at The Hill makes a good point — a point that does make me feel a little down.

[The video]‘s part of a new offensive by Republicans as of late against Wasserman Schultz; they seem to relish the political traction they get out of some of their more strident language. They like to think she’s the Democratic equivalent of Michael Steele, the former Republican National Committee (RNC) chairman who was prone to gaffes.

Wasserman Schultz is kind of an easy target. Any “aggressive messenger” is. Extreme and shrill is always far easier to spoof than subtle and nuanced. Wasserman Schultz might be way off base — but Republican candidates still have to be able to make the case for Medicare reform and conservative policies that promote the well-being of women (and men!). Of course, some of Wasserman Schultz’ quotes — the Jim Crow comment, for example — don’t even deserve the credence any kind of defensive clarification might lend.

All of that said (sorry for being a Debbie Downer myself!), I mostly just enjoy seeing Wasserman Schultz’ unreasonable remarks receive an “unreasonable” response. Before anyone responds seriously to her less-extreme statements, she should be light-heartedly lampooned for saying things everyone knows — Wasserman Schultz included, I’m sure — are over the line. So, kudos to American Crossroads.

Comments

I needed a little pick-me-up after today…heh, good chuckle.

Debbie almost makes Howard Dean seem reasonable.

JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Beautiful screen cap. Was she serviced by the Weiner also>

Oil Can on June 8, 2011 at 6:47 PM

There should be more live quotes from Debbie, rather than just 2. Those were the meat on the video.

Paul-Cincy on June 8, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Hahahaha

Debbie Downer.

darwin on June 8, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Beautiful screen cap. Was she serviced by the Weiner also>

Oil Can on June 8, 2011 at 6:47 PM

*gag*

darwin on June 8, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Make her and her stupidity part of the overall picture in 2012 (while giving Rover and Dizzy someone other than non-establishment Republicans to attack) and compound the damage to the Dems.

We need more than just a conservative GOP President, we need full control of the House and Senate by conservative GOP reps and Senators.

Only way to dismantle the last ten fifteen twenty five years of expanding federal givernment.

SuperCool on June 8, 2011 at 6:50 PM

These people are ugly, and bent on destroying this nation as we know it …. I’m all for hitting them hard and often with as much ridicule as possible.

They play extreme hard ball. If you were in a physical fight with them, they would gouge your eyes, punch you in the throat and smash your balls, with no remorse.

I’m tired of reaching across the aisle nonsense and getting a bloodly stump back.

Jerome Horwitz on June 8, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Debbie Does Doofus really, really well.

Roy Rogers on June 8, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Get some Jerome!
OOORAH!!!!!

Roy Rogers on June 8, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Sweet!

itsnotaboutme on June 8, 2011 at 6:54 PM

OK, HotAir Rove-haters, you gotta admit that his group has done some good here.

itsnotaboutme on June 8, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Debbie Does Congress.

portlandon on June 8, 2011 at 6:57 PM

She literally makes Howard Dean look credible.

windbag on June 8, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I think this is more of documentary

Kini on June 8, 2011 at 7:00 PM

I wonder if Debbie has talked to Anthony Weiner about the dangers of being an attack dog?..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2011 at 7:01 PM

itsnotaboutme on June 8, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Good point..They will never do that!..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Looks like somebody’s taking a page from the Alinsky manual.

What was it he recommended? Pick your target, isolate it, ridicule it, etc.

AZCoyote on June 8, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Debbie is the DNC’s female Joey Biden.

GarandFan on June 8, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Debbie almost makes Howard Dean seem reasonable.

JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Heck, she makes Hugo Chavez seem reasonable.

DeathB4Tyranny on June 8, 2011 at 7:03 PM

OK, HotAir Rove-haters, you gotta admit that his group has done some good here.
itsnotaboutme

I don’t care much either way about Rove, but this really isn’t kneeslapper viral stuff. More like just very mildly cute in a vague way.

whatcat on June 8, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Heck, she makes Hugo Chavez seem reasonable.

DeathB4Tyranny on June 8, 2011 at 7:03 PM

You know … you’re right.

Hugo Chavez ’12 !!!!!!!!!

darwin on June 8, 2011 at 7:07 PM

I didn’t know this was a take-off of an SNL skit (well, since nobody watches it anymore), so this is great on two fronts…making her look like an idiot and shoving it in the Libs at SNL’s faces.

Vigilante on June 8, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Heck, she makes Hugo Chavez seem reasonable.

DeathB4Tyranny on June 8, 2011 at 7:03 PM

You know … you’re right.

Hugo Chavez ’12 !!!!!!!!!

darwin on June 8, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Maybe we can at least get some free oil out of him…

JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 7:10 PM

LOVE it.

nickj116 on June 8, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Vigilante on June 8, 2011 at 7:09 PM

I think THIS one was the original…funnier because no one could keep a straight face during the skit.

JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 7:13 PM

oh my….
someone’s got it.

joeindc44 on June 8, 2011 at 7:14 PM

It’s not really Debbie’s fault though, she’s a moron. She doesn’t know any better.

ButterflyDragon on June 8, 2011 at 7:16 PM

This is how you deal with nonsense. Instead of trying to heap praise or “McCain” these lying, fear mongering twits…..show them in the light of their comic insanity, which is their world. There can be an entire series on Obama, and the Veep…..we’re talking endless material.

Hening on June 8, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Please, don’t shut this wench up.

SouthernGent on June 8, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Please, don’t shut this wench up.

SouthernGent on June 8, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Excellent point!..I agree!..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Please, don’t shut this wench up.

SouthernGent on June 8, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Yeah, ratchet up this nut job!

Kini on June 8, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Jim Crow is literally Gun Control.

mad saint jack on June 8, 2011 at 7:26 PM

I don’t think she knows what “literally” means

pappy on June 8, 2011 at 7:28 PM

This woman puts the capital L in Looon.

Her belfry is wanting of bats.

But hey, if she makes you libs happy.

The liberal party is so far gone she probably seems moderate to them.

Speakup on June 8, 2011 at 7:41 PM

While it’s cute and high techie, it’s not an effective video and won’t change one mind… not that any video will change anyone’s mind.

I like mine better, although primitive in comparison technically, because I let Debbie do herself in an ol’ so sweet manner. Although it was done before Jim Crow I have almost every video of Debbie bearing her fangs.

Meet DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz – Florida Rose

ps, I don’t earn money and it already has thousands of hits.

No Niks on June 8, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Another in-your-face slash and burn attacker just like her male counterpart (and just as proficient a liar), Anthony. Imagine if the two ever got married (the kids would need to be chained and muzzled)-Debbie Wasserman-Schultz Weiner. Sounds like a Berlin butcher shop.

MaiDee on June 8, 2011 at 7:47 PM

She literally uses the term literally. What brand of mayo IS that in her hair anyway.

TampaBayBull on June 8, 2011 at 7:50 PM

I don’t think she knows what “literally” means

pappy on June 8, 2011 at 7:28 PM

TampaBayBull on June 8, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Argh! Using “literally” as a generic intensifier is one of my least favorite verbal tics. “Verily” would be more correct, but so far as I know, nobody’s used “verily” in casual conversation since Shakespeare.

Mary in LA on June 8, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Republicans fighting back? Who would have thought…

Nice. More please!

BruthaMan on June 8, 2011 at 8:09 PM

What a strange post. Wasserman is a first-rate nitwit and anything that points out her more idiotic statements is good for all concerned.

Jaibones on June 8, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Looks the right are learning Rules for Radicals.

#5

Rididcule- “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.”

katy on June 8, 2011 at 8:39 PM

OK, HotAir Rove-haters, you gotta admit that his group has done some good here.

itsnotaboutme on June 8, 2011 at 6:56 PM

*AHEM*

SuperCool on June 8, 2011 at 6:50 PM

I hate the fat slob’s guts, but as long as he’s actually attacking the other team these days, I give him some credit.

Of course, if Palin gets in and when Tea Party starts nominating more people that Rover doesn’t see as part of the ruling class, he’s going to go back to Rover 2010 and back to trashing Republicans he doesn’t feel he can control. That’s the nature of this particular animal.

So I gave him credit for this, but I still see him for the power hungry, opportunistic, sore loser, elitist b@stard he is.

Truth’ll set you free.
_______________________________________________

Please, don’t shut this wench up.

SouthernGent on June 8, 2011 at 7:19 PM

I’m with ya. If anything, I think she needs a national speaking tour.

Y’know, to get the message out!

SuperCool on June 8, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Bawahahahahaha!!!!!! Debbie Downer!!??!! hahahahaha Good one Tina! Election day in 2000 I was standing in line to vote in Pompano Beach,FL and Debbie Downer with her hair dripping with hair gel or Jerri Curl whatever was out there soliciting votes. Her looks match her dialog, skanky!

sonnyspats1 on June 8, 2011 at 9:53 PM

LOL! Debbie Downer!! Now everytime I hear her, I’ll think of that song!

O/T: Congrats to HA’s Tina Korbe for making the Hot Conservative Women of New Media! You’re in great company! Some of my faves in the list: Palin, Malkin, Starr Parker, & MKH! YOU GO GURL!!

All the best to you, Tina!
Love,
TN Mom

TN Mom on June 8, 2011 at 10:09 PM

The honorable Deborah Syphilis Hyphen.

Long may she wave.

warbaby on June 8, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Nice video, but I worry about the DWS fun peaking too soon. We could end up getting her replaced. Granted, there aren’t many if any reasonable people on the Democratic bench right now, and their core message of expanding government and the welfare state at any cost isn’t going to resonate with anyone no matter who delivers it.

BUT it seems to me if we back off a bit and just let Debbie be Debbie for a few months, we won’t have just a few stupid things for our “Meet the Democrats” video, but dozens. Maybe hundreds.

If we keep this up, she’ll either get canned or muzzled, and neither suits our purposes or the country’s best interests.

Adjoran on June 9, 2011 at 12:51 AM

I’ve now watched this 10 times, and I love it. Will this now make her popular? Nah.

leftnomore on June 9, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz Weiner. Sounds like a Berlin butcher shop.

MaiDee on June 8, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Meanwhile, in other Jerusalem news today…

leftnomore on June 9, 2011 at 1:12 AM