Bill Kristol: Two sources tell me Giuliani’s running for president

posted at 7:20 pm on June 8, 2011 by Allahpundit

Well, he is the frontrunner.

Actually, if you assume he’s not running to win, this isn’t all that crazy.

Rudy’s theory of the race: In the fall of 2007, he decided he couldn’t compete with both Mitt Romney and John McCain in New Hampshire, and disastrously decided to try to pull back there and pitch his tent in Florida. This year, he’ll commit everything to New Hampshire, where he thinks he has a good shot at beating Romney—whom he criticized there earlier this week. He then thinks he can beat whichever more socially conservative candidate(s) is left by winning what are still likely to be winner-take-all primaries in big states like California, New York, and New Jersey…

Isn’t his abysmal 2008 campaign a disqualifier? Rudy’s answer: Consider the New York parallel. Rudy lost to David Dinkins in 1989, making several unforced errors and running without a focused message. In 1993, as the streets of New York plunged into crisis, Rudy ran a disciplined campaign pledging to turn the city around. He won, and in a disciplined first term, he governed successfully.

So, despite widespread perceptions that he’s yesterday’s news, and notwithstanding the growing power of tea partiers in New Hampshire, he’s going to sweep into the state and somehow defeat Romney, Pawlenty, Huntsman and whichever grassroots favorite competes there in hopes that centrist candidates will split the RINO vote three or four ways? And then he’s somehow going to survive getting crushed in South Carolina by the Iowa winner and redeem himself by winning big in Florida? And then he’s going to win in all sorts of blue states, even though grassroots conservatives will unite behind whoever his social-con rival is in order to stop a pro-choicer like Rudy from getting nominated? It’s so crazy it just … might … work.

I’ll give you two slightly more plausible scenarios. One: Rudy’s convinced that Palin will jump in and win Iowa, thereby inducing a heart-stopping panic in establishment Republicans. In that case, whoever wins New Hampshire is all but guaranteed total Beltway GOP support in South Carolina and beyond. Giuliani himself has said before that he’s more likely to run if Palin gets in, so her bus tour may have him thinking along the lines I’ve described. If he can figure out a way to win NH and turn the primaries into a Rudy/Sarah death match, then, theoretically, conservatives who are worried about Palin’s electability might hold their noses and break for him. I think that scenario’s extremely unlikely, but there you go.

Two: More realistically, Rudy knows full well he can’t win but is unhappy that his star as a national figure has dimmed. He spoke at the convention in 2004; he ran for president in 2008. In 2012, he’ll be little more than a talking head who bowed out of politics with a famously inept campaign. Even his speaking fees have reportedly “dropped like a stone.” The surest way to get back on the national radar is to run for president and try to pull, say, 10 percent in New Hampshire. That’ll mean months of free media and, potentially, some value in a Giuliani endorsement for whoever ends up winning NH. If Rudy gets behind that person and heads out on the stump for him in Florida and elsewhere, it could position him to be named Attorney General or Director of National Intelligence if his candidate of choice ends up beating Obama. Still a longshot, but he doesn’t have many options left in national politics. Why not run a small but targeted campaign and try to parlay it into a cabinet position?

Update: New poll just breaking at Fox News: Romney 23, Giuliani 13, Palin 12. Hmmmmm.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

YAWN!

Kini on June 8, 2011 at 7:23 PM

You don’t piss away $50 million and have nothing to show for it. No one is going to give Rudi a dime. Move on Bill.

Rocks on June 8, 2011 at 7:23 PM

How do ya figure that?

JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Why haven’t you reported on Reuters polls which shows Palin leading? And other polls which show her leading in Iowa? We want a post with the caption :”Frontrunner”, thank you very much.

promachus on June 8, 2011 at 7:25 PM

I wish he would run for NY Senate seat and take the the mushschrummer.

William Amos on June 8, 2011 at 7:25 PM

So, uhm, who’s he being the stalking horse for? Huntsman? Roemer? Pawlenty?

SouthernGent on June 8, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Or maybe, just maybe, he’s playing a stalking horse for Palin and is going to kill Romney’s chances in NH? GO Rudy.

I am a fierce Palinsita but if Rudy gets is he’ll be my automatic second choice.

promachus on June 8, 2011 at 7:26 PM

We want a post with the caption :”Frontrunner”, thank you very much.

promachus on June 8, 2011 at 7:25 PM

I didn’t report on the Quinnipiac poll showing Romney ahead of either, did I?

She may well end up as the frontrunner when she gets in, but Romney’s leading in most polls right now.

Allahpundit on June 8, 2011 at 7:26 PM

promachus on June 8, 2011 at 7:25 PM

You can’t pick and choose what polls to like based on who you want to be winning them.

JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Rudy is a stalking horse for Palin.

He hates Romney, and he figures he can peel off the RINO/Rove vote from Romneycare and propel Palin to the nomination.

kevinkristy on June 8, 2011 at 7:27 PM

“… thereby inducing a heart-stopping panic in establishment Republicans.”

I don’t think Rudi is paying attention to the pulse of the nation…

… ESTABLISHMENT REPUBLICANS ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!

Seven Percent Solution on June 8, 2011 at 7:27 PM

So, uhm, who’s he being the stalking horse for? Huntsman? Roemer? Pawlenty?

SouthernGent on June 8, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Palin.

steebo77 on June 8, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Allahpundit on June 8, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Heh since when do polls matter to a true believer ?

William Amos on June 8, 2011 at 7:28 PM

You know who this doesn’t help? Romney.

Norwegian on June 8, 2011 at 7:28 PM

So, uhm, who’s he being the stalking horse for? Huntsman? Roemer? Pawlenty?

SouthernGent on June 8, 2011 at 7:26 PM

9/11

tetriskid on June 8, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Oh goody, another 5% er.

I am waiting for a while to see how big the pile gets.

tarpon on June 8, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Guialini is stalking horse against Romney for Palin.

I.Love.This.

portlandon on June 8, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Maybe he is really running for Attorney General?

flyfisher on June 8, 2011 at 7:31 PM

“More realistically, Rudy knows full well he can’t win but is unhappy that his star as a national figure has dimmed.”
How do ya figure that?
JetBoy

Because AP knows that Rudy would quite easily replace Mitt, that’s why, JetBoy.

whatcat on June 8, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Never understood the appeal of a guy endorsed by the NY Liberal Party and NARAL. The more people saw of him, the more they didn’t like him, because he is just creepy. No way he beats Romney in NH; that’s home turf. He’s just a prima donna who didn’t like how he got destroyed in 08.

IR-MN on June 8, 2011 at 7:32 PM

I hope Giuliani runs – he appeals to the same folks that Mittens and T-Paw do.

HondaV65 on June 8, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Just when I thought Bill Kristol had gone on summer vacation…. Damn

jake-the-goose on June 8, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Bert and Ernie ?

viking01 on June 8, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Oh goody, another 5% er.

I am waiting for a while to see how big the pile gets.

tarpon on June 8, 2011 at 7:31 PM

ROFL..That was funny!..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2011 at 7:34 PM

You’re spot on here Allah. Only thing is – though the South is way more likely to go for Giuliani than RomneyCare (because of Giuliani’s actions after 9-11) … the South still won’t go for Giuliani.

He’s pro gun control … pro choice … pro a lot of things that we Southerners despise. We like the man – but no way we’ll go with his policies not even if Haley Barbor tells us to.

HondaV65 on June 8, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Two sources tell me Giuliani’s running for president

We ALL know who this HELPS (dontchaknow)!

HondaV65 on June 8, 2011 at 7:37 PM

noooooooo

sit this one out rudy ol’ boy

cmsinaz on June 8, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Guialini is stalking horse against Romney for Palin.
I.Love.This.
portlandon

And as I said, it’s certainly got AP POed at Giulani bigtime, hence his dismissive post. Romney backers, already in the throes of PDS, know that even without the stalking horse effect Giulani will suck in any remaining air left by Palin. The RINO camp is tiny enough without it being split even more ways.

whatcat on June 8, 2011 at 7:39 PM

I hope Giuliani runs – he appeals to the same folks that Mittens and T-Paw do.
HondaV65

RINOS! We need more RINOs so the RINO-vote can be split fairly between them!
:D

whatcat on June 8, 2011 at 7:41 PM

I would be glad to see Rudy get in. Right now the only person I would really consider is T-Paw and I’ve got my problems with him. Rudy has his faults but he also has some very strong qualities. I think that his entry would add a very positive element to the contest.

MJBrutus on June 8, 2011 at 7:43 PM

RINOS! We need more RINOs so the RINO-vote can be split fairly between them!
:D

whatcat on June 8, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Cheers to that!

HondaV65 on June 8, 2011 at 7:48 PM

In GOP presidential primaries, the moderate vote is always smaller than the conservative vote. This time around, it is shaping up to be split 5 ways:
Romney
Giuliani
Pawlenty
Gingrich
Huntsman

Only Romney and Giuliani (possibly, Pawlenty), are probably contenders.

The conservative vote, on the other hand, looks as though it will be split 4 ways:
Palin
Cain
Bachmann
Santorum

Of these 4, I would consider Palin the only possible nominee.

Thus, moderate vote split 2 or 3 ways, conservative vote largely undivided. What happens next?

(Obviously, I am excluding Paul and Johnson from my scenario, since both seem to be on another planet altogether.)

steebo77 on June 8, 2011 at 7:49 PM

I’m a Rudy fan. Has awesome leadership qualities, and I think he resonates with people. People like him.

Don’t think he’ll win the nomination, but I think he’d make a fantastic VP or cabinet member for the eventual winner.

nickj116 on June 8, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Even his speaking fees have reportedly “dropped like a stone.”

Reportedly. I’m going to see him and eight other big names talk for 8 hours about “Get Motivated!” for the low, low price of $9.95 and the accompanying seminar book for $20.

Wait? Did I say $9.95 and $20? I meant $1.99 and $4.99.

They better have doughnuts and coffee.

Dusty on June 8, 2011 at 7:51 PM

name recognition only…this won’t last for long

cmsinaz on June 8, 2011 at 7:51 PM

MJBrutus on June 8, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Am I wrong here? I kind of agree with you. I don’t like the guy’s policies on gun control and abortion – but I do admire the way he reacted after 9-11.

I don’t really think the South will go for him – but between Romney, T-Paw and Giuliani I think Giuliani has a better shot because we view the guy as having BALLS after we saw him in action after 9-11. Kinda the same attraction McRage had down here. In a weak field – Giuliani could do well in the South.

Of course – with Palin in the race – she’s a Southern girl so she’d sweep Dixie.

HondaV65 on June 8, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Rudy is not running..IMHO..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Palin/Giuliani 2012?

steebo77 on June 8, 2011 at 7:53 PM

“If Rudy gets behind that person and heads out on the stump for him in Florida and elsewhere, it could position him to be named Attorney General or Director of National Intelligence if his candidate of choice ends up beating Obama.”

Agreed. Probably his strategy.

nickj116 on June 8, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Heh! I get the feeling from reading this post that Allahpundit is not a happy camper about this possible development.

Why the dismissive attitude for Rudy?

I thought we wanted a large field. The more the merrier and all that good stuff.

Add Rudy and Palin to the current field and we have a nice balance of moderates and conservatives. Well, except for the fact that their are more conservative voters than moderate voters in the GOP primary.

I hope Kristol is right about Giuliani jumping in the race.

chief on June 8, 2011 at 7:53 PM

name recognition only…this won’t last for long

cmsinaz on June 8, 2011 at 7:51 PM

What does that mean? Whose numbers won’t last long?

nickj116 on June 8, 2011 at 7:53 PM

He vouched for his very close business partner Bernie Kerik for Homeland Security, who Rudy personally hand picked and groomed for such as Police Commissioner of NY City. And then Kerik went to jail. What are Rudy’s other claims to fame? Isn’t that enough?

Paul-Cincy on June 8, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Wonder if Mitt Romney is tweeting Giuliani a picture of his magic underwear?

HondaV65 on June 8, 2011 at 7:54 PM

New poll just breaking at Fox News: Romney 23, Giuliani 13, Palin 12.

I suppose 13% of the GOP have no problem with the slaughter of unborn children since Roe.
AllahPundit, your #2 theory is the most plausible.

itsnotaboutme on June 8, 2011 at 7:55 PM

[nickj116 on June 8, 2011 at 7:51 PM]

I’m a big fan, too. I love the policies he has a big city mayor. Maybe even as a Governor.

President? Not so much.

Dusty on June 8, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Hmmm lots of people are getting the race because Obama’s unbeatable.

If Barack has an issue with campaign funds I’d pay good money to watch him debate Rush.

Speakup on June 8, 2011 at 7:56 PM

nickj116 on June 8, 2011 at 7:53 PM

rudy’s numbers in the latest fox poll…see update above

cmsinaz on June 8, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Allah – that’s a pretty cold thing to say about someone who did what he did after 9-11. I mean – I know all pols have an ego – but come on, do you really ascribe this as a primary motive to Rudy?

I think it’s harsh speculation – not warranted.

HondaV65 on June 8, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Just when I thought Bill Kristol had gone on summer vacation…. Damn

jake-the-goose on June 8, 2011 at 7:32 PM

tencole on June 8, 2011 at 7:58 PM

whatcat on June 8, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Yep. Maybe a Palin/Guiliani ticket would work.

Executive Experience, without the RomneyCare hangover.

portlandon on June 8, 2011 at 7:58 PM

OT…………

WEINER RELEASES STATEMENT: Admits Explicit Naked Photo Is Him

Per AP.

Knucklehead on June 8, 2011 at 7:59 PM

If he can knock off Romney for us, good for him.

slickwillie2001 on June 8, 2011 at 7:59 PM

[steebo77 on June 8, 2011 at 7:49 PM]

I’m not sure about Gingrich in the moderate list. If anything in between. I wouldn’t consider Santorum or Huntsman as taking anything from the rest in each group when talking about splitting up votes, but at least you are fair to list them.

Dusty on June 8, 2011 at 8:00 PM

cmsinaz on June 8, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Gotcha. You don’t think he has staying power? People really like Rudy.

nickj116 on June 8, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Palin/Giuliani 2012?

steebo77 on June 8, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Hmmmm….not bad, not bad at all…

JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 8:06 PM

I didn’t report on the Quinnipiac poll showing Romney ahead of either, did I?

Allahpundit on June 8, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Well, you post every bit of negative gossip abther, so we deserve this bit of good news if you want to preserve your mask of impartiality. Otherwise, you might just add Mittens 2012 to your byline

promachus on June 8, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Lets see here. Rudy ran a lackluster campaign in 08, did not run for governor or senator when he had a chance and could have made a difference whether in NY or the senate. He will be great this time though.

arnold ziffel on June 8, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Palin/Giuliani 2012?

steebo77 on June 8, 2011 at 7:53 PM

That’s been my original ticket as well but wouldn’t so-cons bolt from it? If Rudy wins NH, Palin perhaps claim that she’s adding Rudy to unite the party. DO you think that’ll console the so cons? If we have to win in 2012, we’ve to maximise so con turnout, not lose them at the outset.

promachus on June 8, 2011 at 8:10 PM

WEINER RELEASES STATEMENT: Admits Explicit Naked Photo Is Him

Per AP.

Knucklehead on June 8, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Just one more reason confirming Pelosi’s statements that she lead the most honest, open and ethical congress evah!

JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 8:12 PM

promachus on June 8, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I don’t speak for all socons – but it’ll console this socon.

And – I don’t consider Giuliani to be establishment – so this is a good thing too.

HondaV65 on June 8, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Hmmmm….not bad, not bad at all…

[JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 8:06 PM]

I hadn’t thought about that one but, yeah, it would be good.

Dusty on June 8, 2011 at 8:14 PM

promachus on June 8, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Rudy picked up 8% or 9% in the ’08 NH primary…And don’t forget, although Palin has the so-cons, to whom else would they go? Bachmann? She won’t last. And Palin needs to expand her base beyond the so-cons, and get that GOP centrist vote. Giuliani would fit that bill, but so would many others.

It’s gonna be interesting.

JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Not a chance of him running. Love Bill, but his sources are smoking it.

JDH on June 8, 2011 at 8:17 PM

A Fox News poll. Yeah.
With the crap they’ve piled on Palin lately, that’ll be accurate.

Ozwitch on June 8, 2011 at 8:18 PM

A Fox News poll. Yeah.
With the crap they’ve piled on Palin lately, that’ll be accurate.

Ozwitch on June 8, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Please…FOX News PAYS her millions. And having CK or some pundit on criticizing Palin isn’t piling on her. Oy.

And I support Palin.

JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Poor Mitt Romney.

I guess two can play the Stalking Horse game.

Wonder what Michelle Bachmann is going to do next?

Oh, wait! What Ed Rollins tells her to!

victor82 on June 8, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Rudy’s a gun-grabber-while I’d support him as part of a conservative administration there’s NO WAY I’d vote for him for POTUS.
*Hi Jet’!*

annoyinglittletwerp on June 8, 2011 at 8:25 PM

And I support Palin.

JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Come Back to the Dark Side….we have booze and cookies…
*wink*

annoyinglittletwerp on June 8, 2011 at 8:26 PM

JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Not in the primary. If Palin wins the nom and picks Rudy as veep, will the so cons bolt? I hope not because that will be one kick ass ticket. I am saying if Rudy really does well in NH and edges out Romney, she can claim that she is putting Rudy on the ticket to unite the party. Will that work?

promachus on June 8, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Palin.

steebo77 on June 8, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Makes sense.

A Palin/Giuliani ticket builds an interesting bridge, and a formidable team.

Saltysam on June 8, 2011 at 8:27 PM

*Hi Jet’!*

annoyinglittletwerp on June 8, 2011 at 8:25 PM

*waves to twerp*

And although Rudy went a bit too far on some of the things he tried to do in NYC ($10 toll to get in, $$$ grab from street artists and vendors, etc) what he did to clean up the city was nothing short of miraculous. Especially after such lackluster mayors like Dinkins and Koch.

Rudy knows how to get the shizzle done.

JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Rudy knows how to get the shizzle done.

JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Rudy put the Dapper Don away.
There’s no question that he’s got a pair.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 8, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Is he pro-life yet?

El_Terrible on June 8, 2011 at 8:30 PM

I’m not too optimistic about his chances.

BUT Giuliani has implemented–actually implemented, and changed people’s lives, not just proposed or advocated–more conservative policy than any other candidate running.

JohnW on June 8, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Is he pro-life yet?

El_Terrible on June 8, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Nope.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 8, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Come Back to the Dark Side….we have booze and cookies…
*wink*

annoyinglittletwerp on June 8, 2011 at 8:26 PM

I can be bought for some scotch and choco-chip cookies. Put walnuts in the cookies, and I’ll be Darth Vader. :D

promachus on June 8, 2011 at 8:27 PM

All I’m saying is Palin is going to have to expand her base beyond the so-cons. She can do it by “enhancing” some of her positions (that would surely tick off the rabid ‘nistas tho) or she can pick a veep that appeals to a broader demo.

I can’t imagine Romney losing NH. If he did, he’s in a heap of trouble. Rudy may edge out Palin there, assuming both run. But that’s just some armchair QBing.

JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Rudy/Palin (electoral) death-match? I could live with that.

Count to 10 on June 8, 2011 at 8:35 PM

No Rino’s, no also ran’s………

fade away Rudy, you ain’t it……..

RealMc on June 8, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Rush Limbaugh said in reference to Governor Palin today, “If she does decide to get in the race, and I have no idea about that, she will be the one to beat.” Rush’s analysis is extensive, and worth the read.

Additionally, there is an interesting poll out today from Reuters/Ipsos about the Republican presidential nomination race. Numbersn and link below.

Palin 22%
Romney 20%
Paul 7%
Cain 7%
Perry 6%
Bachmann 6%
Gingrich 6%
Pawlenty 2%
Huntsman 2%

SheetAnchor on June 8, 2011 at 8:37 PM

JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 8:34 PM

I’ve got St. Patrick’s Irish Cream and homemade Chocolate-chip waffles with walnuts.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 8, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Rudy would be good as AG. But I’d prefer the AG from VA

AH_C on June 8, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Rudy’s a gun-grabber-

annoyinglittletwerp on June 8, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Rudy should be pressed hard on this, for sure, but I listened to him address this and I felt that he made a firm distinction between a big city mayor and a Federal administration and the 2nd amendment. His answers gave me some relative comfort that he would not be a threat to gun ownership as a Federal executive.

That said, I think he should be pressed hard on it and made to explain himself very clearly on the 2nd amendment.

Saltysam on June 8, 2011 at 8:43 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 8, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Close enough! heh

JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Nothing would be more entertaining than a daily Giuliani death match with the national media.

Dude’s press conferences in NYC were the equivalent of daily Ali/Frazier fights.

rickyricardo on June 8, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Rudy knows how to get the shizzle done.

JetBoy on June 8, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Love Rudy. I experienced the change he brought to the “city” from the ground up over an 8 year period.

Yeah, he would eventually overreach as President. He would take a crowbar to Congress to get his way on the budget and then saw the legs off of his opponents to get our fiscal house in order.

lol. By then he would be under investigation for executive abuse of power….however we’d have our fiscal house in order.

Dude is brutal.

rickyricardo on June 8, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Rudy is a smart politician with some charisma. I could see him making the case that he was a bridge between the conservative and the moderate factions. He could criticize Palin as being unelectable and Mitt as a squish. He has a powerful reformist record of his own.

Problem is that he is a bit creepy, an old-guard GOP establishment figure — and a NYC gun-grabber.

Aardvark on June 8, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Palin/Giuliani. I said it a year ago.

rrpjr on June 8, 2011 at 9:04 PM

A Guiliani/Bachman ticket might mollify enough conservatives to keep them in the fold. Rudy is a leader, and that counts for a lot.

Rick Santorum was on Rush today, and was impressive. AFIAK he’s the only one to explicitly challenge the ‘global warming’ myth, both the claim that CO2 is a problem and the obvious power play by the extreme left. I’d sure vote for him, but he doesn’t stand a chance.

Tim Pawlenty made a terrific speech on economic policy two days ago, and recapped the highlights crisply on Larry Kudlow’s CNBC show—very impressive. Yet no post here on HotAir? Nothing but Weiner’s weiner—pathetic. I’d vote for T-Paw.

Personally—I suppose I’m the only one hereabouts—I think John Boehner would make a great President.

/Mr Lynn

MrLynn on June 8, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Let me also add that it would be worthwhile to have Rudy on the debate stage if only to kick Ron Paul in the teeth again.

slickwillie2001 on June 8, 2011 at 9:14 PM

I’ll stop asking for my 200 bucks back if you just go away Rudy.

Bruno Strozek on June 8, 2011 at 9:15 PM

While I agree he won’t get elected he would still be the best President of everyone Rep or Dem that is running. It’s not even close.

Personally he is pro life but as an elected official he respects another person’s right to choose–that is the law also.

His gun control methods were designed for NYC not Texas as he has said. Anyway anything he has ever stated is organized at this site as of 2008:

Warts and all no other candidate is even in his league. No worries however, he won’t get elected. But do check out the link–you will probably find a lot of things that can be used against him if he shows well in NH! :~)

patrick neid on June 8, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Religious conservatives would not support Mayor Guiliani despite is personal pro-life position, and his former pledge to appoint strict constructionist judges. While he asserts respect for a woman’s right to choose, the antithesis of his personal position, there is one person’s right he is apparently willing to ignore; namely, that of the unborn child.

SheetAnchor on June 8, 2011 at 9:36 PM

If he runs a halfway competent campaign, Giuliana will beat 0bama.

He will win.

He is the best compromise candidate going.

I’ve floated his name to a lot of people who don’t follow politics, including hardcore Dems, and he gets the best response. We’re talking people who don’t think a lot about the details of politics – who just go vote instinct. They like Rudy.

I also trust him to get the big things right.

Focus on getting 0bama out.

Rudy is the #1 contender, I truly believe.

cane_loader on June 8, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Warts and all no other candidate is even in his league. . .

patrick neid on June 8, 2011 at 9:22 PM

I agree. And it’s a high league.

/Mr Lynn

MrLynn on June 8, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Rudy and Sarah, believe it or not, remind me a lot of each other.

Both are discounted, both like to break some eggs as executives, and I think both would make good presidents.

The question comes down to: “Which one can get elected?”

Rudy in a runaway, due to the unfortunate, undeniably effective, character assassination of Sarah Palin.

cane_loader on June 8, 2011 at 9:47 PM

cane_loader on June 8, 2011 at 9:47 PM

He won’t win because he’ll lose both so cons and gun rights voters. Sarah si good on both.

promachus on June 8, 2011 at 9:53 PM

promachus on June 8, 2011 at 9:53 PM

How so? It seems to me he could at least pick up one group, or do I have my candidates mixed up?

Uncle Sams Nephew on June 8, 2011 at 10:04 PM