Crossing the line: Comic hints at assassinating Palin if she were president

posted at 5:50 pm on June 7, 2011 by Tina Korbe

This is not OK. In an appearance on Monday’s “The Adam Carolla Show,” comedian Christopher Titus implied he’d want to take Sarah Palin out of the presidency were she ever to be elected to it in the first place, according to The Daily Caller.

Palin’s newly notorious Paul Revere remarks came up for discussion and Titus had this to say: “You know what, man? I am going to literally — if she gets elected president, I am going to hang out on the grassy knoll all the time, just loaded and ready — because you know what? It’s for my country. It’s for my country. If I got to sacrifice myself, it’s for my country.”

Palin’s probably not afraid of any puffed-up comedian — she is Mama Grizzly, after all — but Titus should immediately clarify the implications of his comments or retract them entirely. Anytime I come across stories like this one, I’m always reminded of Teddy Roosevelt’s famous “man in the arena” quote. How easy for Titus, from the comfort and relative obscurity of “The Adam Carolla” show, to criticize Palin in such an over-the-top and inappropriate way! How much harder to say something meaningful about her policy positions or past accomplishments. Hardest of all to actually be funny — but isn’t that a comedian’s job? Palin’s Facebook posts are better practice for the presidency than Titus’ trash-talking is for primetime. I’m not surprised his sitcom on the Fox broadcast channel lasted just two years.

P.S. Shouldn’t this deserve a little attention from the opponents of Palin’s crosshairs poster — you know, from avowed and profound proponents of civility (a cause I believe in whole-heartedly, but I hope not hypocritically)?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

The hell you say. He used to be a preacher.

MadisonConservative on June 7, 2011 at 8:09 PM

That’s what happens.

Jim Treacher on June 7, 2011 at 10:29 PM

But… Ive always loved Titus’s comedy… sigh another person that is now blacklisted…

Donut on June 7, 2011 at 10:31 PM

I have a feeling Palin is a better shot with a rifle.
And she has better sense of humor too… This guy is a total joke. He is bully and would attack a woman…:lol Palin 2012.

dec5 on June 7, 2011 at 10:50 PM

What “hint?” Sounded pretty clear to me.

Alana on June 7, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Search results for rolling thunder rally
Heh, will have to spend more time later. Thanks again Canopfor.

One little item caught my eye. The CBS listing had 291 views. The Rolling Thunder had 113,610
I take inspiration where I can find it. Looks good to me.

Caststeel on June 7, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Caststeel:U-Betcha–:)

canopfor on June 7, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Sam Kinison gets clean, killed by a drunk driver two months later.

Chis Titus manages to get clean, still manages to be a waste of human life.

Sad world…

SuperCool on June 7, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Honestly, I thought Titus himself was dead till I heard this.

Then I remembered I was thinking of Mitch Hedberg.

Gary's Johnson on June 8, 2011 at 12:12 AM

What do you expect from a never was has been. Trying anything to sound relevant and funny. Dude go back to obscurity.

Greed on June 8, 2011 at 12:15 AM

God rest him….this would probably get him fired today (or at least threatened by extremists).

Tim_CA on June 7, 2011 at 8:54 PM

yep.

csdeven on June 8, 2011 at 12:32 AM

This assclown thinks he can shape public thought with over-the-top commentary like that? Most normal people reject this sort of thinking. This is evil personified folks and expect to hear truck loads of this kind of crap against whomever is the GOP candidate is, Sarah or not. It’s what they do..and..it needs to be slapped down hard.

starman on June 8, 2011 at 1:51 AM

The next POTUS that gets assassinated will be a Republican. Republicans don’t hate enough to kill a President. Democrats do. You see it in all the protests they support, their pundit’s vocabularies of hate, and their actions invading people’s home neighborhoods to intimidate them. So I’m convinced the next dead POTUS will be a Republican if there ever is a POTUS assassinated in the figure. God knows I hope there won’t be.

{^_^}

herself on June 8, 2011 at 5:53 AM

No more Secret Service protection for former VP candidates?

Dandapani on June 8, 2011 at 7:12 AM

Ahhhhh, the new democratic civility where democrats can threaten the life of a potential US president and no repurcussions?

Where is NOW? Where are the liberal womens rights groups?

dthorny on June 8, 2011 at 7:18 AM

Of course the leftist media has no responsibility for their continual character assassination of Palin, firing the feeble imaginations of witless drones like Titus. None at all.

SKYFOX on June 8, 2011 at 7:23 AM

Another famous? actor/comedian did kill for his country back in 1865. He was demented and so is this guy. Besides Sarah would de-nut this clown in ten seconds.

Herb on June 8, 2011 at 8:30 AM

This is the comic who had a short lived sitcom on like the WB or UPN and then fell off the face of the Earth.

By the wat, am I the only one who thinks he looks just like Peter Cetera(of Chicago way back when).

jeffn21 on June 8, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)

Violence against women is a technical term used to collectively refer to violent acts that are primarily or exclusively committed against women. Similar to a hate crime, this type of violence targets a specific group with the victim’s gender as a primary motive.

The United Nations General Assembly defines “violence against women” as “any act of gender-based violence that results in, or is likely to result in, physical, sexual or mental harm or suffering to women, including threats of such acts, coercion or arbitrary deprivation of liberty, whether occurring in public or in private life.” The 1993 Declaration on the Elimination of Violence Against Women noted that this violence could be perpetrated by assailants of either gender, family members and even the “State” itself.

Prosecute the b@stard

Roy Rogers on June 8, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Tea Party, implied racism & violence.

Titus, 1st Amendment freedoms to be celebrated.

roy_batty on June 8, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Never heard of the guy before and now that I know the name I know I will never listen to /watch anything he is listed to be associated with.

Liberals always go to threats when they can’t win an argument with facts.

SgtRed on June 8, 2011 at 9:29 AM

That picture actually describes Palin fans accurately.

____ said _____ about Palin. wah

Moesart on June 8, 2011 at 9:44 AM

It is early 2008, a Republican said this about Howard Dean or Barry during the Primaries. Media Storm, anyone?

IlikedAUH2O on June 8, 2011 at 9:57 AM

I wonder if we will hear if there are consequences of this thoughtless remark?

Cindy Munford on June 8, 2011 at 10:16 AM

A number of people have mentioned that this jackass Titus was funny. Who cares? The man is advocating murder.

zoyclem on June 8, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Palin’s newly notorious Paul Revere remarks came up for discussion and Titus had this to say: “You know what, man? I am going to literally — if she gets elected president, I am going to hang out on the grassy knoll all the time, just loaded and ready — because you know what? It’s for my country. It’s for my country. If I got to sacrifice myself, it’s for my country.”

The wimp is safe because she hasn’t declared

Sad he got himself so worked up over a point in history on which Palin was correct.

Funny because Palin correctly tied in Paul Revere’s ride to the colonists mustering to keep the gov from taking their guns and powder – weapons intended for resistance

Predictable because the weapon of choice for libs to kill fantasy enemies is a gun. WWFS? What would Freud Say?

Maybe the enemy is not the gun, but their own need for a final solution

entagor on June 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Quick – someone go ask Ted Nugent what he thinks about this as*hole.

Dave Rywall on June 8, 2011 at 1:11 PM

That picture actually describes Palin fans accurately.

____ said _____ about Palin. wah

Moesart on June 8, 2011 at 9:44 AM

You nailed it, dude! Death threats are, like, totally awesome and junk. Only a bunch of losers wouldn’t get the joke.

/idiocy

mankai on June 8, 2011 at 2:06 PM

A little off topic, but this. If the Republicans don’t push the issue and let Weiner off the hook, they will forever look like they’re weak and incapable of leading.

Let’s fight like they fight.

hawkdriver on June 7, 2011 at 7:33 PM

I like Neal Boortz’s take on Wiener. Wiener is finished as a voice for the Democrat Party. All he has to do is speak and people think about his sexting and tweets instead of some idiotic liberal point (I know, redundant adjectives) he wants to get across. Keep him in there until the 2012 election and then remind his constituents what a liar he is.

RedinPDRM on June 8, 2011 at 3:04 PM

/idiocy
mankai on June 8, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Exactly. I can imagine all of the liberals laughing loud and hearty if something like this had been said about any of the candidates for the Democrat Party nomination for President in 2008.

s/

RedinPDRM on June 8, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Titus is human feces. You expected more out of this assclown ???

volsense on June 8, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Sarah Palin has experience in firing a rifle and hitting the target.

Can this skinny weakling Titus, even muster enough power, force, and energy to even pull the trigger?

Can he call up enough strength to even hold the rifle properly, aim, and fire?

If he can even get this far, can he even find the target? Can he see? With a rifle, can he hit anything?

If there were a man-on-woman hunt, I’d put my money on Sarah Palin. I expect Titus to soil his paints, roll up into the fetal position, cry like a baby, or a school girl, plead for his life, “Please, don’t hurt me! Please don’t kill me! Sob, sob, sob. Sniff, sniff, sniff!”

Let the games begin. Let the macho loud mouths who betray their misogyny, who are indoctrinated with their marching orders to engage in an all-out, mob assault on Sarah Palin, who are steeped in Sarah Palin Derangement Syndrome.

These loud mouths will expose their sissy, little infant mentality as they cry and cry, uncontrollably, pleading for mercy, then, after they are safe, they will act all macho, loud, and disrespectful again, because that is what the snobs of the left and right have programmed them to do in regard to Sarah “Barracuda” Palin.

William2006 on June 8, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Hardest of all to actually be funny — but isn’t that a comedian’s job?…I’m not surprised his sitcom on the Fox broadcast channel lasted just two years.

…while occasionally clever, “Titus” was pretty much a one-note wonder…”my family was disfunctional…waaaah!”….

…that sort of self-fascinated soul-baring gets old quickly. Problem is that that’s pretty much all I’ve seen out on him. Now, we’ve got death threats…from a guy whose career is based upon how mentally unstable, antisocial and self-destructive everyone around him is…maybe that merits an intervention…by the police….

…Ms. Palin’s family, on the other hand, has had its ups and downs…but I don’t think that her kids will be crying their hearts out, baring their souls about how much of a flake Momma was, while sitting in an electric chair….

…a guy famous, if that’s the word, for being a victim of his own life…and we should give any weight to his political opinions?

Puritan1648 on June 8, 2011 at 3:47 PM

You know what? What say we do what’s good for America and not give this tool any attention for his ramblings.

I never liked the guy, and won’t give him credence. Nor should anyone else. Let’s extend that to any liberal who claims the mantle of acceptance, and tolerance but shows neither.

capejasmine on June 8, 2011 at 7:35 PM