Historians agree: Palin was right about Revere

posted at 9:25 am on June 6, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

One if by land, and two if by sea … and then what?  According to historians interviewed by the Boston Herald, Paul Revere then warned the British not to challenge a roused and armed populace.  That came as news to many observers who had rushed to criticize Sarah Palin for her response to a gotcha question at the Old North Church:

Sarah Palin yesterday insisted her claim at the Old North Church last week that Paul Revere “warned the British” during his famed 1775 ride — remarks that Democrats and the media roundly ridiculed — is actually historically accurate. And local historians are backing her up.

Palin prompted howls of partisan derision when she said on Boston’s Freedom Trail that Revere “warned the British that they weren’t going to be taking away our arms by ringing those bells and making sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free.”

The first to dispute Palin’s critics was … Paul Revere himself.  In his own account of the ride, written twenty-three years later, Revere recounts how the British captured him, and how he attempted to dissuade the British from advancing.  Revere warned that he had roused the local militias and that there would soon be 500 or more armed citizens coming together to repel the British.

A Boston University history professor told the Herald that Revere did indeed warn the British as well as the Americans earlier in his ride:

Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said, “Basically when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, ‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting,’ and the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringing — she was right about that — and warning shots being fired. That’s accurate.”

Of course, Revere wasn’t planning on getting captured.  He and others riding to the alarm (William Dawes and Samuel Prescott) wanted to warn John Hancock and Samuel Adams of British action first, and rouse the militia second.  Dawes and Prescott managed to elude the British and complete the mission, but Revere was captured.  Furthermore, his warnings sufficiently rattled the British that they let him go — but without his horse.  He returned on foot to Lexington, where he managed to hide a trunk with Hancock’s letters to keep it from being captured, but missed the battle.

Andrew Malcolm notes the “faux gaffe” and gives a history of such in the media:

This phenomenon is actually not a new one in American politics, although its immediate spread is obviously hastened by the Internet. Speaking of which, Al Gore did not invent it. Nor did he claim to, as often as you’ve heard otherwise.

In 1999, the hapless former journalist, who should have known to make a better word choice, told CNN that in Congress he “took the initiative in creating the Internet.”

Democrat Gore never used the word “invented.” That was part of another willful misinterpretation that fit expectations of Gore’s boasts and was gleefully spread by opponents as further proof of his unseemly hubris. It lives on to this day.

Perhaps you remember how one day during a photo op President George H.W. Bush was overheard asking a store checkout clerk how this price scanner thing worked?

That quote was immediately transmitted as proof of how disconnected that Republican chief executive was, that he had no knowledge of something as ordinary as a checkout scanner.

The fact is, asking such inane and often obvious questions as “what are you doing here?” is a bipartisan ploy used by politicians to fill the awkward time void they are hanging around someone working while photographers snap their photos several hundred times.

Frankly, I had forgotten much of the history of Revere’s ride until this incident, and I had to look it up for myself to recall what Palin meant by her response.  Tom Burnam covered it succinctly and accurately in his indispensable Dictionary of Misinformation, a book I have had on my shelf for more than 30 years.  If all people know of Revere is Longfellow’s poem, which is what the reaction to Palin’s remarks seem to show, then they know far less than they think.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 9

I wish the damn media would apply the same standards to Oboobie when he says something like this. You know that the fact that she may be right will be ignored. I know, I know, a pipe dream….

NoFanofLibs on June 6, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I stand corrected, I said she got the Paul Revere stuff wrong. I was going by what I heard her say in real time (I didn’t see a clip of it, I watched it in real time on CNN) and it didn’t really make much sense.

While I will say that I was incorrect that Palin got the history wrong, I still say she muddle the explanation…which I think is part of her problem. Even when she does get information correct, the way she presents information makes it appear that she is wrong. You have to actually analyze and revisit what she says in order to try and figure out what she is actually saying. If she would speak in a more coherent manner, this wouldn’t be a problem.

ramrants on June 6, 2011 at 9:30 AM

History schmistory, anything to bash Sarah is our goal
-lsm

cmsinaz on June 6, 2011 at 9:30 AM

csdeven hardest hit….

idesign on June 6, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Tell Charles Krauthammer etal that Palin does her homework.

onlineanalyst on June 6, 2011 at 9:31 AM

I’m shocked that they jumped the gun. Shocked, I tell you./

kingsjester on June 6, 2011 at 9:31 AM

The left only knows lies and believe it to be the truth. You are never going to convince them with facts because the lie is more important.

William Amos on June 6, 2011 at 9:31 AM

When I heard her answer, I immediately got the notion that she had read up on Paul Revere before they arrived, and she answered the question with actual facts, which sound wrong compared to what most of us know about Revere.

People need to stick to the issues, and stop with the gotchas.

Vincenzo on June 6, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Booyah!

Fallon on June 6, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Once again the fox outsmarts the, (dare I use their favorite word) stupid establishment owned hounds

Don L on June 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM

ha ha ha yeah, with some somersault retwisting of her already incoherent English and a couple of massive leaps of logic about what she COULD possibly be referring to, and yes, what she said was historically accurate.

Why can’t she just take her lumps for f”ing up and move on.

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Palin to Intellectuals: “I won”

faraway on June 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM

ramrants on June 6, 2011 at 9:30 AM

I think this happens with her only when she’s posed with gotchas, because she tries not to screw up her answer as she’s knows it will be micro-analyzed. She’s just shellshocked from the gotchas.

Vincenzo on June 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Palin was right

……..get used to this liberals…
…………you are going to be hearing it a lot.

Baxter Greene on June 6, 2011 at 9:34 AM

ramrants on June 6, 2011 at 9:30 AM

…feel better?

Standing corrected with a BUT…

singlemalt 18 on June 6, 2011 at 9:34 AM

weiner story blows wide open…HA ignores…lucky???

winston on June 6, 2011 at 9:35 AM

Of course the LSM won’t correct their f-up—-can’t risk making Palin look smart or anything…

OmahaConservative on June 6, 2011 at 9:35 AM

I apologize to Gov. Palin.

I thought she got it wrong, and acknowledged the medias account.

portlandon on June 6, 2011 at 9:35 AM

Crazy like a fox.

the_nile on June 6, 2011 at 9:35 AM

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM

…So you are criticizing her for being right.

……what a clueless idiot.

Baxter Greene on June 6, 2011 at 9:36 AM

B-b-b-but she was really thinking about Paul Revere & The Raiders, and was thinking about the song “Indian Reservation” instead of Paul Revere’s famous ride and, and, and arrrrgggghhhhhh !!!!

Damn drama queen !!!

Jerome Horwitz on June 6, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Sarah and the media is like a boxing match between a champ and a chump.She is slowly using her LEFT jab and blackening their eyes.Hopefully she will keep jabbing for awhile before the big RIGHT completes the KO.

docflash on June 6, 2011 at 9:36 AM

The left continue to misunderestimate the political leaders on the right at their own peril.

katy on June 6, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Ramrants you apologize like a liberal -”I’m sorry you’re offended” and then you compound your personal attakc on her with typical leftist nuance. You forgot to critice the high heel shoes she was wearing.

All together now -”I’m sorry, I was wrong because I hate her” period.

Don L on June 6, 2011 at 9:37 AM

This is a pattern with the so-called “intellectuals”. They don’t even recognize the superficiality of their supposed “knowledge”. They are a pathetic bunch, adopting an air of superiority to conceal their own inadequacies, their lack of curiosity and the general limitations of their intellects.

mr.blacksheep on June 6, 2011 at 9:37 AM

“a gotcha question”

You’re kidding, right?

If asking an adult about Paul Revere is a gotcha question, then your country’s knowledge of its own history has reached a new pathetic low.

Kind of like the shame you should all feel when Leno used to stump people in the streets with laughably simple questions.

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:37 AM

This is another thing that is irritating. Saying that the media is asking her “gotcha” questions every time she muddles things up makes her look like she is playing the victim.

Palin made the decision to go on this bus tour. She made the decision to engage with the media. She selected the sites she would be visiting. Now think about it…if you are a politician or political activist (or activist in general) and you are trying to draw attention to specific things, is it not to be expected that you will be asked questions about those specific things? And since it is your decision to highlight specific stuff and bring attention to those things, shouldn’t you be able to coherently address questions you might be asked about the things you are wanting to bring attention to?

In Palin’s case, she wanted to bring attention to The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere. How is asking her about something she wants to bring attention to a “gotcha” question?

ramrants on June 6, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Why can’t she just take her lumps for f”ing up and move on.

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Nice sentence structure, Walt Whitman.

kingsjester on June 6, 2011 at 9:37 AM

I underestimated her too. I thought she was just indulging in a sort of poetic truth, creatively free associating, as in “refudiate.” I still have my suspicions that that’s what she was actually up to, but maybe she just took the trouble to learn the history – as, incidentally, a diligent parent touring historical sites with her family might.

Seth Halpern on June 6, 2011 at 9:37 AM

ramrants on June 6, 2011 at 9:30 AM

I love the morons who are still whining.

The professor in the article said she got “lucky.” LOL!

So first she’s a dunce. Then when her critics have to crow, she got lucky and/or needs to explain it better to us dunces.

kevinkristy on June 6, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Why can’t she I just take her my lumps for f”ing up and move on.

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM

idesign on June 6, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Vincenzo on June 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Please see my post at 9:37. Asking Sarah a question about something she has chosen to highlight is NOT a gotcha question.

ramrants on June 6, 2011 at 9:39 AM

I wonder if Kruathammer will admit that he and his elite cohorts just got “schooled” by Sarah Palin…. LOL!!!

katy on June 6, 2011 at 9:39 AM

The left simply doesn’t care about the truth . . . they are engrossed in their own self generated world of lies and distortions. Attempting to change their minds is a fruitless endeavor, but educating all sane, intelligent Americans is an absolute necessity for political victory in 2012.

rplat on June 6, 2011 at 9:39 AM

You’d think the media would begin to realized that every time they try the “got’cha” with Palin they look more foolish. But then it’s the pathetic, uninformative media so I guess they will keep on doing it because they are insane, or something.

BetseyRoss on June 6, 2011 at 9:40 AM

I thought intellectuals knew our history?

Was it all just a fraud???!!!1111!!!

faraway on June 6, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM

…So you are criticizing her for being right.

……what a clueless idiot.

Baxter Greene on June 6, 2011 at 9:36 AM
——
No, child.

I’m saying you have to make huge leaps to claim she said X when her words said Y.

She was wrong. And no amount of backpedaling will change that.

She needs to learn to speak English in a more coherent manner. She sounds like a bumbling, stumbling fool.

And all of you coming out of the woodwork to defend her are such partisan hacks for her that you can never ever ever admit publicly that when you heard it for the first time, you said “What? Wait a minute? That isn’t right.”

But please stay on her wagon. It assures an Obama re-election.

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:41 AM

he professor in the article said she got “lucky.” LOL!

kevinkristy on June 6, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Yep! An next when she takes their predictable little bottom-sides down again, they’ll crying that she cold-heartedly , “set them up” even while they are calling her stupid!

Tally Ho! The Sarah is a fox chase is on….

Don L on June 6, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Hear, hear. Burnam’s book (plus the sequel More Misinformation) was one of my favorites when I was a teenager. I wonder how much this book might have influenced Snopes.

apostic on June 6, 2011 at 9:42 AM

According to the FB reactions of TEACHERS I know, apparently that’s all they teach about the event !! My ghast was flabbered to read their virolent defense of their utterly lazy arrogance … WOW.

pambi on June 6, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Accurate but fake!

Jim Treacher on June 6, 2011 at 9:43 AM

“a gotcha question”

You’re kidding, right?

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:37 AM

It was obviously a “gotcha” question to her critics. Because they got it all wrong.

kevinkristy on June 6, 2011 at 9:44 AM

“a gotcha question”

You’re kidding, right?

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:37 AM

ramrants on June 6, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Having been thoroughly shown up by the “inarticulate chillbilly of the North” the munchkins began grasping straws, hoping to use them to suck their disgrace from the air before anyone could see it.

Pattosensei on June 6, 2011 at 9:44 AM

ramrants on June 6, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Ah, I see, so Palin was right and you were wrong, but it’s still her fault or something.

Move the goalposts much?

fossten on June 6, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:41 AM

kingsjester on June 6, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Epic fail.

kingsjester on June 6, 2011 at 9:44 AM

All together now -”I’m sorry, I was wrong because I hate her” period.

Don L on June 6, 2011 at 9:37 AM

I don’t hate Palin, but I do find her frustrating. I have said this before, she is her own worst enemy sometimes. She leaves herself open to this criticism because she sometimes uses circle talk.

If you watched her interview with Chris Wallace yesterday, she was articulate, concise, and sounded like she knew what she was talking about. Now compare that with her explanation of Paul Revere, where she really didn’t make much sense in what she was saying, which is why people thought she was wrong. They thought she was wrong because they didn’t understand her. If she would speak coherently all the time (like she did in the Wallace interview), she wouldn’t have this problem.

ramrants on June 6, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Dave Rywall

Nuance is the blather of losers -like never-stop Weiner, you need to know when to stop burying yourself.

Don L on June 6, 2011 at 9:45 AM

ramrants on June 6, 2011 at 9:37 AM
——

Yes, a thousand times yes.

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:45 AM

But please stay on her wagon. It assures an Obama re-election.

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:41 AM

I smell bacon. Remind us what stake you have in our country’s politics, again?

fossten on June 6, 2011 at 9:46 AM

so what does this make it, ELEVENTY!1!!1!billion times she has be proven correct, jussayinisall.

NY Conservative on June 6, 2011 at 9:46 AM

whadda ya mean “lucky” ?

Was that movie THAT bad?

golfmann on June 6, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Accurate but she’s still stupid and wrong fake!

Jim Treacher on June 6, 2011 at 9:43 AM

darwin-t on June 6, 2011 at 9:46 AM

The problem wasn’t that it was incorrect, the problem was that in lieu of blowing off the question she needed her answer to look like it wasn’t aimlessly wandering around looking for a fact- that was the impression.
It just reinforces the negatives to people she will need to vote for her, if she runs.
FWIW- I don’t believe she is running in 2012.

jjshaka on June 6, 2011 at 9:46 AM

ramrants on June 6, 2011 at 9:39 AM

The “gotcha” moment is when the press decides that Palin isn’t quoting the Longfellow poem correctly. The “gotcha” moment is having history professors sheepishly admitting Palin was right, even though the talking heads in alphabet soup land (ABC MSNBC etc) refuse to issue apologies. The “gotcha” moment is the way the fall back tone of the media is to assumes she is not bright while giving a pass to a president who thinks Jeep Wranglers will get stopped by bumps on the road.

Fallon on June 6, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Sarah was right on another account as well. The media is lazy. They just proved it again when all they had to do was read a little American history before writing their story. This would have worked before the election if they had found out about the Won’s BC, passport applications, grades, and unsavory associations, but they were lazy then, too.

Kissmygrits on June 6, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Or she just misspoke and said British instead of Patriots or Americans. Honestly, this is like saying George Washington was a guy with wooden teeth. Sure it is true, but its not what he was mainly known for.

Speedwagon82 on June 6, 2011 at 9:47 AM

She was wrong. And no amount of backpedaling will change that.

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:41 AM

…and yet Historians and Historical data have just confirmed that she is right.

Yet you keep be-clowning yourself jumping up in the middle of the room with your hands over your ears yelling “No!!!…No!!!!…No!!!! I’m right!!!!..I’m right”

Please keep on with your ignorant positions…..it matches the failed policies you leftist endorse and will ensure 2012 looks even worse for liberals than the mid-terms did.

Baxter Greene on June 6, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Why can’t she just take her lumps for f”ing up and move on.

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Why can’t you just say “Oh sh1t, our blind idiotic hatred has made her bulletproof” and move on?

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:41 AM

kingsjester on June 6, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Epic fail.

kingsjester on June 6, 2011 at 9:44 AM
——–

Sorry you can’t read English. Not my problem.

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:48 AM

the way she presents information makes it appear that she is wrong

Her way of speaking is a little garbled but she was basically correct. If her critics had known the history they wouldn’t have pounced. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

aengus on June 6, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Listen to the whiners now, well she right, but not so right, ppl can’t make bigger fools of themselves.

djohn669 on June 6, 2011 at 9:49 AM

The big story of this whole controversey is that Palin has repeatedly said that the purpose of the tour is to introduce and re-introduce our history to the people. She has said that if people understand the past, they can better deal with the future.

Guess what? I guarantee there are tons of people today who know more about Paul Revere’s ride than they did last Thursday. I’m waiting to see what we learn on the second leg of the tour. ;-)

NoNails on June 6, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Come on, guys. If Drywall knew what he was talking about, he wouldn’t be Drywall.

Jim Treacher on June 6, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Sorry you can’t read English. Not my problem.LALALALALALALALALAICANTHEARYOULALALALALALALALALAICANTHEARYOULALALALALALALALALALA

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:48 AM

FIFY

fossten on June 6, 2011 at 9:49 AM

She was wrong. And no amount of backpedaling will change that.

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:41 AM

So are you challenging the professors?

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 9:49 AM

I have said since Friday that I think she is setting up the media to look like fools. I think when she referred to the Boston Tea Party and some liberals started making fun of her for not knowing when the Constituion was signed, she got an idea. I think she was trying to set them up fromthe start.

I bet she points out some other small relatively little known historical accounts to try to make the media look like fools again.

When the media makes as much of a fucc over anything Biden says(or just when he is asleep during a speech) or Obama visiting all 58 states, then maybe I will agree there is no media bias.

jeffn21 on June 6, 2011 at 9:50 AM

ramrants on June 6, 2011 at 9:37 AM
——

Yes, a thousand times yes.

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:45 AM

So Sarah Palin’s getting history correct is to be trashed, yet The Whine’s trashing of an American product, the Jeep Wrangler, to those who actually make it, is to be praised? Sorry, I haven’t fallen through the rabbit hole, though Goebbels does appreciate your efforts.

rbj on June 6, 2011 at 9:50 AM

What was the question asked of her to begin with? I’ve seen the response but not the question or the circumstances under which she was asked in the first place.

thanks!

CookeyD on June 6, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Glad you plugged Burnam’s book, Ed. I’ve had that on my shelf for 30 years, too.

Mr. D on June 6, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Maybe the LSM was too busy ‘covering’ President 57 States’s gaffe concerning ‘USS’ Naval Academy.

We can be sure the LSM will either uncover something or perhaps show a little creativity concerning Sarah Palin to divert attention from the egg on their faces.

TimBuk3 on June 6, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:41 AM

As in — 57 states, corpesman, we need “breathalyzers” for asthmatic children, signed 2008 (while in 2011), confuses veterans Day for memorial day, hello Sioux City, Iowa (while in Sioux Falls South Dakota), etc etc etc…. Who’s a bumbling fool?

kevinkristy on June 6, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Democrat Gore never used the word “invented.” That was part of another willful misinterpretation that fit expectations of Gore’s boasts and was gleefully spread by opponents as further proof of his unseemly hubris. It lives on to this day.

I’ve never really gotten this defense (or why people actually do say invented instead of created). To create is a bit more than to invent. I get what Gore meant, but it’s not his critics’ fault that he’s been wildly mocked. He claimed to have created the internet. I don’t really see that as any better than having claimed to have invented it.

Esthier on June 6, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Ah who cares what dave has to say. He hasnt been on here since the liberals in Canada took a drubbing.

William Amos on June 6, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Fallon on June 6, 2011 at 9:47 AM

…they did back in “2008″
………in our “57′th state”
…………..which is why we could not sell them to the “country” of Europe.
………….Would have sold them better in Latin America if our representatives could have spoken “Argentinean” better.

…………now leave me alone so I can eat my Chili Dogs and Fries.

Baxter Greene on June 6, 2011 at 9:52 AM

The way the liberal media “re-writes” history on a daily basis, Palin will be historically wrong in 5-4-3-2…..

Rovin on June 6, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Fallon on June 6, 2011 at 9:47 AM

This is what Ed wrote:

Who’s moving the goal post now?

Bottom line: Palin has to learn to speak coherently (like she did in the Wallace interview) all the time if she wants people to consider her seriously as a Presidential candidate. People are not going to take the time out to analyze what she is saying in order to get a better understanding. If they don’t understand her, they will discard what she is saying and move on.

ramrants on June 6, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Obama says Sarah forgot to mention that Paul Revere only visited 57 of the 58 Continental States. Alaska was excluded because he couldn’t find snowshoes for his pony, and Hawaii was out because all the unicorns were still in Europe.

RalphyBoy on June 6, 2011 at 9:53 AM

ramrants on June 6, 2011 at 9:37 AM

You come in here at first all indignant and smug that she got the history all wrong. Then it’s pointed out that she didn’t in fact get the history all wrong, that you were wrong. Pointing that out means Palin is playing the victim.

Absolutely classic.

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 9:54 AM

ramrants on June 6, 2011 at 9:45 AM

OBAMA: “Everybody knows that it makes no sense that you send a kid to the emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma, they end up taking up a hospital bed, it costs, when, if you, they just gave, you gave them treatment early and they got some treatment, and a, a breathalyzer, or inhalator, not a breathalyzer. (crowd laughing) I haven’t had much sleep in the last 48 hours.

What they’ll say is, Well, it costs too much money,” but you know what? It would cost, about… It — it — it would cost about the same as what we would spend… It… Over the course of 10 years it would cost what it would costs us… (nervous laugh) All right. Okay. We’re going to… It… It would cost us about the same as it would cost for about — hold on one second. I can’t hear myself. But I’m glad you’re fired up, though. I’m glad.”

fossten on June 6, 2011 at 9:54 AM

petunia hardest hit.

HondaV65 on June 6, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Why can’t she just take her lumps for f”ing up and move on.

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Yeah, I bet she’d be real appreciative to receive US History lessons from a Canadian.

mizflame98 on June 6, 2011 at 9:55 AM

I think that Sara just lucked into the technically correct answer.

Old Fritz on June 6, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Sarah was right on another account as well. The media is lazy.

Kissmygrits on June 6, 2011 at 9:47 AM

I agree 100% and I have enjoyed watching her exploit their laziness.

ramrants on June 6, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Seriously? This is your big insult? That we have stupid people in America who when stopped randomly for a pop quiz give predictably stupid answers?

You live in Canada. There’s a reason you’re so enamored with our culture and we know nothing of yours.

Esthier on June 6, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Who’s moving the goal post now?ramrants on June 6, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Attributing quotes to me that I didn’t make is a crass attempt at a red herring.

So, in other words, Palin was right and you were wrong, but it’s still her fault or something.

Your hatred is blatantly clear.

fossten on June 6, 2011 at 9:55 AM

ramrants on June 6, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Doesn’t the fact that you and drywall are on the same side of this issue concern you?

darwin-t on June 6, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Why can’t she just take her lumps for f”ing up and move on.

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM

What part of the statement …

Historians agree: Palin was right about Revere

don’t you understand?

They still speak ENGLISH in Canada there Drywall?

HondaV65 on June 6, 2011 at 9:56 AM

mizflame98 on June 6, 2011 at 9:55 AM
—–
I know more about your history than 50% of your population. And that’s truly pathetic.

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Luck!??!?!

Now THAT is the reasoning du jour ? Palin was LUCKY ?

Give me an effing break. She was trying to make a point and that point was crystal clear. The only people for whom this was “luck” are those that are hopelessly biased against Palin. And anyone that claims they are “conservative” and finds themselves in league with people claiming this was a matter of “luck” – you disgust me.

deadrody on June 6, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Your hatred is blatantly clear.

fossten on June 6, 2011 at 9:55 AM

LOL, exactly.

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Democrats criticize Palin for being wrong on history??? Liberals have no clue about American history before the 20th century. The only thing they believe is that we are an angry illiterate nation unworthy of their efforts of transforming us into a nation of brainwashed lemmings controlled by the elite who are our entitled masters.

volsense on June 6, 2011 at 9:57 AM

I also owe an apology to Palin. She was right and I was wrong. But this doesn’t change my mind that she cannot win in 2012. I hope she doesn’t run. She is so powerful within the Republican Party to be King-Maker. She would ruin that if she ran and lost the Presidency…

RedSoxNation on June 6, 2011 at 9:57 AM

She was wrong. And no amount of backpedaling will change that.

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:41 AM

LOL – it’s been hashed through by the American History professors.

Just because you’re a marxist doesn’t give you the right to revise history.

HondaV65 on June 6, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Speedwagon82 on June 6, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Did you bother to actually read anything about this before you decided to post?

NoNails on June 6, 2011 at 9:58 AM

the way she presents information makes it appear that she is wrong

aengus on June 6, 2011 at 9:48 AM

If you look at the video, she is signing autographs, being greeted, greeting others and talking all at once. She was distracted, which is reflected in the interrupted and halting words. I believe some folks were trying to purposefully give the impression that her mind was just wandering or something. Typical rat fink behavior.

littleguy on June 6, 2011 at 9:58 AM

I know more about your history than ONLY 50% of your population. And that’s truly pathetic.

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Agreed.

fossten on June 6, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Well, I’m sure glad it ONLY takes a 14 paragraph explanation to let us know what Sarah REALLY meant. Ed, please be on hand to explain what Sarah REALLY means when she hits the west and tells us about the Louisiana Purchase, Oregon Trail, and Louis & Clark.

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Dave Rywall on June 6, 2011 at 9:56 AM
well good for you (golf clap)

why you are just an expert

djohn669 on June 6, 2011 at 10:00 AM

littleguy on June 6, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Most people don’t speak like they write, anyway. Even actors have to rehearse their lines. That’s why I never bought the ‘ghostwriter’ canard that HollowFace is always pushing. Hell, I’ve corrected THIS POST three times already before I hit submit.

fossten on June 6, 2011 at 10:00 AM