Tea Party Express chief: You’d better believe we’ll back Romney if he’s the nominee

posted at 1:50 pm on June 5, 2011 by Allahpundit

Alternate headline: “Trump’s third-party candidacy off to a wobbly start.” Nothing really surprising here, but worth posting for a few reasons. One: Kremer herself was famously grim about Romney’s chances with tea partiers when interviewed by David Brody last winter. That’s not inconsistent with what she says here — beating Obama is top priority, natch — but if Mitt emerges from the field, the media will pounce with endless “can the base support him?” storylines. Kremer’s anticipating that and trying to snuff them before they catch fire. Two: At least one tea-party group, FreedomWorks, is already following a “stop Romney” strategy in the primaries. How aggressive can they be with that (attack ads, media appearances, etc) without raising grassroots ire towards Mitt to the point where some base voters will stay home regardless of the “beat Obama” imperative? Granted, McCain was loathed by the base too and they still showed up, but there was no organized “stop McCain” movement in the primaries (thanks in part to conservative worries about Romney and Huckabee) and no tea party around to worry about compromising its principles.

Third, purely hypothetically: What happens if Romney’s nominated and an attractive “true conservative” candidate decides to run third party anyway? The odds are slimmer than slim, but even Palin wouldn’t give a flat “no” when asked about that the other night on Hannity. She’s not going to run third party, of course — she’s young enough that even if she ran and didn’t win the nomination this time, she wouldn’t want to burn party bridges ahead of another run later — but what about, say, Ron Paul (or Rand Paul)? The depths of conservative disgust towards RomneyCare and Mitt’s other heresies are such that it’s not crazy to think some prominent righty might find nominating him unconscionable and feel obliged to run. What do FreedomWorks and TPE do then — come out strong for Romney anyway, or sit the general election out, or what?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7

The majority of the people like the MassCare plan.

What’s your leap of logic to impose your ideology onto the people in that state?

sheryl on June 5, 2011 at 9:06 PM

And the majority of Greeks liked their socialism -until it went pouff. The majority of voters rejected the left – in last November’s election.

Do you realize how contradictory your statement is about “impose(ing) your ideology onto the people in that state?” When you are trying to justify the very same thing as Obama and the left just did that to all 57 states with Obamacare. Did you make such comments about that -since you’re a fan of states rights? How about Row v Wade -states rights? I didn’t think so.

T

Don L on June 6, 2011 at 6:16 AM

That’s not what Palin said. She said that if the GOP didn’t get their act together that the GOP could be inviting a 3rd party run in ’12. This was in response to being asked about Trump running as an “independent”. She never said that she was contemplating nor did she say that she would run as a 3rd party candidate in ’12 or at anytime…

Here’s the link…

Gohawgs on June 5, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Don’t confuse Sheryl with facts. She has a narrative she needs to cling to bitterly, after all.

powerpro on June 6, 2011 at 6:21 AM

karenhasfreedom on June 6, 2011 at 4:13 AM

sheryl won’t listen to reason or facts. She is the ultimate Romneybot…

OmahaConservative on June 6, 2011 at 6:53 AM

The majority of the people like the MassCare plan.

sheryl on June 5, 2011 at 9:06 PM

I live in Mass. No one I know likes Romney care. Then again none of the people I know are illegal aliens, welfare queens, walking baby factories, SSDI whores, unemployed PlayStation addicts, or crack heads.

Instead we actually FUND this crap sandwich for them and then pay extra so we can have our OWN private plan for our families- a plan that gives us choices as to who we see and the ability to be seen by a doctor in a timely manner.

Alden Pyle on June 6, 2011 at 7:37 AM

Is this the latest Masscare poll?

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 8:18 AM

If the Pubs would have woken from their obsession with overseas adventures and addressed domestic problems we wouldn’t be dealing with Obamacare.

Pre-existing conditions have been a huge issue that too many families have had to deal with and one that needed to be addressed nationally.

Instead the Republicans ignored this real life problem within the market and they’ve paid for it.

rickyricardo on June 6, 2011 at 8:46 AM

But the problem with Romney isn’t just that his technocratic managerial style led him to central-planning, big-government solutions; it’s also that those big-government solutions always involve big-business profiting.

Romney is a corporatist of the worst kind.

The only thing worse that more folks on food stamps via Obama would be more corporate welfare via Romney.

rickyricardo on June 6, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Tea Party members will vote for Romney?

First, I realized I was no longer a Republican when they nominated McCain; now I find I’m not a member of the Tea Party, because I will stay home and not vote before I vote for Romney. He still supports Romneycare.

I guess I’m an Independent.

Over50 on June 6, 2011 at 9:16 AM

The so called leaders of the Tea Party have assumed too much. First that the tea party has leaders and they are them. The whole idea was just a coming together of We the People to protest too much govt spending. We know who we like and don’t want to be told who to vote for. Wake up tea party ‘leaders’ and smell the tea brewing.

Kissmygrits on June 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM

I guess I’m an Independent.

Over50 on June 6, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Yay!!!! Stay home, and re-elect obaka!!!

ladyingray on June 6, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Ignore her.

As the late George Wallace (that axe branding, somewhat later converted – southern racist)used to wisely say, “The New York Times is but one vote -you one vote -don’t pay attention to them folks.”

She speaks for herself, and probably the “Will,Rove, Krauthammer, Washington complex.”

Don L on June 6, 2011 at 9:57 AM

I guess I’m an Independent.

Over50 on June 6, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Staying home and not voting is a vote for Obama. Congratulations. As someone who detests McCain and voted for him anyway because Obama is FAR worse, I didn’t believe it when I was told that some conservatives stayed home Nov 2008.

Shay on June 6, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Yay!!!! Stay home, and re-elect obaka!!!

ladyingray on June 6, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Yup, vote for Rahm-ney and get bite by a different kind of viper -same old deadly poison,though.

Don L on June 6, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Rock hard conservatives can cry all they want about Romney’s faults, but “conservatives” are not going to elect the next President. Sorry, but Romney is far more palatable to the masses than Palin, or any of the other more “right” candidates. I’m with the tea party lady, knocking Barry out of the White House is the ONLY goal at this point.

anniekc on June 5, 2011 at 1:59 PM

..there obviously some very smart women in KC. While we are in the early stages of this election and much must be decided, I hope that if Romney is the nominee, those HA commenters who decide to vote for a third party or — *gasp* — even vote against him and for The Pantload have the common decency to stay off this site bitching about Obama from 2013 to 2017.

The War Planner on June 6, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Shay on June 6, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Believe it.

Many of us will no longer vote for the “RINO Party’s” pick.

They don’t represent us.

Roy Rogers on June 6, 2011 at 10:31 AM

I am certainly not voting for Romney.

I owe the GOP nothing, which is pretty much the extent to which it has represented me for a pretty good while.

No more compromise (i.e. pathetic) candidates.

molonlabe28 on June 6, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Rombots, if you really want to defeat Obama, support the Tea Party.

If you keep with the RINO Party, YOU just elected Obama for another term.

Roy Rogers on June 6, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Amy Kremer can speak for herself, and her organization. However, don’t count on the enthusiastic support from the base (both money and time-wise).

People who want to defeat Obama, please think of all the down-ticket candidates in Congress and local governments. How are we to capture those seats and turn things around if the big RINO represent our POTUS pick?

If Romney is the GOP nominee, we might as well have Obama sink the ship faster and get it over with quicker. Count me as one of those ‘stay home-ers’.

Sir Napsalot on June 6, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Sheryl, for most of us, the individual mandate is an assault on our liberty and an assault on our constitution. Period.

Is the mandate from the states that parents have to educate their kids an assault on liberty?

You going to rally to repeal the Ronald Reagan federal mandate The Emergency Medical Treatment Act signed by RR in 1986 where no one can be turned away from a hospital?

The Tea Party purity people Ayn Rand/Ron Paul/Sarah Palin (who said she wants no mandates at all from any government) have become too extreme in their message they are becoming an anchor to the GOP.

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Over50-

What are you thinking?

(I can remember thinking that way when I was in my early twenties, and even making a few silly protest votes — but you’re old enough to know better, by now.)

Of course I’ll be voting against Romney in the primaries, and donating to a different candidate.

But, if Romney gets the nomination — I’ll definitely vote for him over Obama. It’s not even close.

To stay at home on election day only makes sense if you think the *difference* between the candidates matters less to you than the effort of getting to the polls.

I hope that Romney won’t be our candidate — but if he is, I hope everyone who opposed him will take a deep breath and start comparing him to Obama, not Palin/Paul/Christie/Cain/Ryan/whoever.

I hope the same thing for *whoever* we nominate — I hope that Romney, and his supporters, will fully back Sarah Palin if she’s our nominee, or Cain or Pawlenty or even, God help us, Huckabee.

ClintACK on June 6, 2011 at 11:06 AM

The War Planner on June 6, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Exactly. Because they will have elected Obama for four more years because of a purity tantrum.

I live in Mass. No one I know likes Romney care.

Well you don’t the majority of people then do you. BTW I know people who work in MA in the healthcare field who don’t agree with the people you know.

Maybe all the people you know will start a Tea Party repeal movement…..hhmmmm no Tea Party for repeal for MassCare in Boston from ALL places….imagine that! No wonder this chick from the Tea Party Express says she’ll back Romney.

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 11:08 AM

We have those who say “I will not vote for Romney under any circumstances, no matter who his opponent is….

What the hell is a matter with you people? I don’t give a da*n who the nominee is, this present and danger administration has got to be stop. Stop bitching, and do something about it.

try again later on June 6, 2011 at 11:09 AM

ClintACK on June 6, 2011 at 11:06 AM

This Romney support will vote for anyone that you mentioned.

If said in the past I won’t vote if the nominee isn’t Romney, so I’m fully aware of the stupidity it takes to think that. Never again.

Obama must be defeated in 2012.

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Well, we can’t stay home on election day seeing as how we have to vote for 2 other branches and local…

unlisted on June 6, 2011 at 11:15 AM

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 10:54 AM

When did Palin say that? Anyway, I think you have it backwards … the GOP has become too progressive and has strayed from the party’s planks. Over the years they’ve gone big government. The people you call extreme simply wish to bring the party back to it’s roots.

darwin on June 6, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Shay on June 6, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Count me as one of the earliest one saying McCain had three strikes on him, yet still voted for McCain Palin in 2008.

What openen my eyes was the Caslte/O’Donnell and subsequent O’Donnell/Coon race. The so-called moderate Republicans are no better than the libs, they didn’t support the base, so don’t count on my continued support EVER.

Sir Napsalot on June 6, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Well, we can’t stay home on election day seeing as how we have to vote for 2 other branchescongress and local…

You knew what I meant….zzzzz

unlisted on June 6, 2011 at 11:28 AM

When did Palin say that?

ON Hannity. At 6:00 she says she doesn’t like the government mandating anything at the local, state, federal level.

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 11:53 AM

The Truth About Sarah Palin and ‘Independent’ Voters

Look at the image below the caption:
“Let’s all seriously try to imagine this many people greeting Romney at his next campaign rally.”

Sarah is THE HEAT and Sarah has THE CURE.
Get used to it.

Roy Rogers on June 6, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Over50-

What are you thinking?

j

No, I’m old enough to know better than to support Romney. Helped elect the Bushes and just got more taxes and more government. Why should I vote for somebody like Romney, who is supposed to support my beliefs in smaller government, when he has already shown himself to be a bigger government guy? As an “older” guy I know that sometimes I am going to suffer in the process of getting to my goals. My goal is to get the Republican party (or its successor) back to being a party that favors the individual over the government, that favors private world solutions to government solutions, that favors personal responsibility over collective liabilities – I thought maybe the fact so many of us refused to vote for McCain would wake up the Republican establishment, but apparently they’re heading towards McCain II with Romney. Good luck with that.

Over50 on June 6, 2011 at 12:43 PM

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 11:53 AM

That’s good. The government shouldn’t be mandating anything. The entire purpose of government is to ensure liberty and protect.

What does Mitt think the government should mandate? Besides health insurance. I’m thinking he’s probably leaning towards some sort of “climate change” mandate.

darwin on June 6, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Shay on June 6, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Believe it.

Many of us will no longer vote for the “RINO Party’s” pick.

They don’t represent us.

Roy Rogers on June 6, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Wow, that’s fricking brilliant. You deserve exactly what you got. Unfortunately the rest of us don’t.

Eren on June 6, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Eren on June 6, 2011 at 12:45 PM

You support a RINO and you will get Gored.

Thought you’d have learned that by now,.

Roy Rogers on June 6, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Republicans will be foolish to go to a third party or sit out the election. Let’s play into Obama’s hands why dont we. Can you imagine what this country will look like after 4 more years of Obama? I dont know if we would ever recover. Romney would be VASTLY better than Obama. He supports capitalism and will support our institutions. Vote for a different candidate in the primaries, but if he should emerge victorious, we better wake up and rally strongly for the Republican to save the Republic.

WyoMike on June 6, 2011 at 1:00 PM

He supports capitalism and will support our institutions in addition to Obamacare Romneycare, Global Warming, and the RINO Establishment.

WyoMike on June 6, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Fixed it for you.

Dump the RINO party and save our Republic.

Roy Rogers on June 6, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Can you imagine what this country will look like after 4 more years of Obama? I dont know if we would ever recover. Romney would be VASTLY better than Obama. …WyoMike

Well, I think that’s where you lose some of us. Bush proved that he could create as big of groups of government workers (TSA) and as big of government programs (No Child and Medicare Part D) and government interference with private industry (GM/Chrylser bailouts) as any Democrat. Romney is more of the same – sure he’ll tinker with Obamacare, but I don’t believe him when he claims he’d eliminate it. Nothing in Romney’s background supports that. Like Bush he’ll be off spending and creating new programs – because that’s what he did in Mass.

Over50 on June 6, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Romney is the only candidate who has said exactly and with great clarity how he’d get Obamacare repealed the only one.

I trust Romney.

BTW, you sound like Obama with all your Bush did this, Bush did that……stop blaming Bush!

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 2:11 PM

I trust Romney.

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Great clarity? All he can do is sign it’s repeal … if it passes the Senate.

You’re sounding like a Romneyista.

darwin on June 6, 2011 at 2:15 PM

darwin on June 6, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Well in an utopian world where everyone acts as a responsible citizen, I would agree with you & Sarah, that no mandates (laws) would be necessary. But we don’t so yes I don’t have a viseral reaction to mandates like you/Sarah/Tea Party purists have.

Mitt Romney understands this level of complexity to the health care issue. That’s why he would never make such a
broad, reckless statement like Sarah made that she doesn’t like any mandates and at any level of government.

I think she’s been drinking too much of that frontier woman elixir. This country has evolved from it’s Old West Frontier Days! Were, btw, there was a whole lot of lawlessness going on and no mandates.

Sorry partner, I don’t want to regress to those days.

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Great clarity? All he can do is sign it’s repeal … if it passes the Senate.

You’re sounding like a Romneyista.

darwin on June 6, 2011 at 2:15 PM

He has stated that he will issue waivers to all 50 states to opt out of Obamacare.

It’s brilliant, very doable and can not be demagogued by Obama.

And Romney is the ONLY candidate who has stated a very clear path on how to repeal Obamacare.

Romney’s level intelligence to beat Obama is unmatched by any of the other candidates.

Romney telling Obama that Americans were not “bumps” in the road in the economy is exactly how you Obama.

Romney continues to prove to me that he knows how to win the war of ideas, words and policies against this awful president.

And Romney has done all this with out hurting anyone else in the GOP while doing it.

Romney is a class act.

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Sorry partner, I don’t want to regress to those days.

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Lawlessness? Are you saying if we don’t have the government telling us how to live our lives the country will break out in chaos? You actually think we need the government to control our energy, our health care, our agriculture, what we eat, how much we eat and on and on?

Sorry … if you like Romeny, and you think the governments job is to tell us how to live our lives according to the dictates of bureaucrats then we are worlds apart.

I always kinda liked Romney even though I prefer Palin. Now, if you support him … liking mandates as you do … I’m rethinking what Romney’s all about.

darwin on June 6, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Romney is a class act.

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 2:41 PM

That may well be, but being a “class act” isn’t exactly on my list of necessary qualifications to turn this country around. The federal government has created the problems we face today. I don’t want someone who thinks the answer is more dictates from Washington.

darwin on June 6, 2011 at 2:59 PM

I am a Tea Party member and most certainly do not support “Liberal Light Romney”. We need to nip this problem in the bud right away and not wait until “like four years ago” this is what we are left with as a choice at the ballot box.

SGinNC on June 6, 2011 at 3:23 PM

You support a RINO and you will get Gored.

Thought you’d have learned that by now,.

Roy Rogers on June 6, 2011 at 12:54 PM

No, as a matter of fact, I don’t support him. If I could vote for whoever I want it would be Allen West. I would rather nearly anyone else be the nominee except Romney. But if it’s Romney, that’s who I will vote for. I don’t expect a moron like to see the difference. You’re no better than a Dem. In fact you’re worse because you’re supposed to be smarter. You obviously aren’t.

Eren on June 6, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Your whole post is an exercise in extreme thinking.

Sarah doesn’t want any mandates at any level of government….that is a very extreme position.

The position is so far right that if anyone is even a little to the left of people like you and Sarah (like someone thinking mandates/laws on citizens are sometimes necessary for the betterment of society) your knee-jerk reaction is to think they’re commie socialist pinko fascists.

This worldview is TOO EXTREME. I don’t like the fringes of either political party.

Sarah/Tea party purity people’s messages are moving too much to the fringes of politics where Media Matters/George Soros live too. I don’t want to live out there with you in that worldview.

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 4:13 PM

I don’t want someone who thinks the answer is more dictates from Washington.

darwin on June 6, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Romney doesn’t want more dictates from Washington, he wants to reduce the size of the federal government. He fully believes in federalism, which he has proven with his declarative statement of giving out waivers to all 50 states to opt of Obamacare until the law can be repealed in Congress or deemed unconstitutional in the Supreme Court, which ever comes first. It’s brilliant.

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I’m suspect of anyone that uses the word “extreme” as often as you do … to describe a member of the Republican party and former governnor … as well as average Americans who are concerned with the massive growth of government since Woodrow Wilson.

You’re confusing laws which are in place to protect the general public with mandates put in place to run our lives. Your comment … taking a cue from you … is rather extreme.

Additionally, I don’t think you have any idea of how far left the democrats are. This country is in mortal danger.

lol … apparently you don’t understand it’s YOU and your views that are extreme and on the fringes.

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 4:13 PM

There isn’t one position Palin has taken which is extreme except when defined by extremists such as yourself.

darwin on June 6, 2011 at 5:55 PM

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Then why do you like him? Palin wants to reduce the size of the federal government, and believes in federalism.

You’re a “gimme more mandates please Mr. Government” kind of gal … so Romney shouldn’t be your cup of tea.

darwin on June 6, 2011 at 5:58 PM

You deserve exactly what you got. Unfortunately the rest of us don’t.

Eren on June 6, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Don’t sweat it. The people that say that are such a small minority they are significant. As a matter of fact, I probably have enough bandages in my home for all of them when they cut off their noses to spite their face.

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 6:23 PM

I don’t want someone who thinks the answer is more dictates from Washington.

darwin on June 6, 2011 at 2:59 PM

I’m with you there. With Romney and his flip-flopping, I just don’t know what he will flip-flop on. He says he wants a smaller federal government and talks like a federalist….now. Well, it’s a year away and we will see.

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 6:25 PM

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Good point. There are a number of candidates who seem to be saying the right things. The question is will they continue to say the right things if elected … and will they have the backbone to stand up to the big government polticians in Washington.

There’s a reason the powers of the federal government are limited. And there’s a reason why it’s exceeded those powers … we, the people have failed to keep it in check. I sincerely hope it’s not too late.

darwin on June 6, 2011 at 6:49 PM

darwin on June 6, 2011 at 5:58 PM

This explains why I like Romney.

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 7:23 PM

I just don’t know what he will flip-flop on.He says he wants a smaller federal government and talks like a federalist…now. Well, it’s a year away and we will see.

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 6:25 PM

When faced the inability to counter facts about Romney, the flip-flop meme is always the default with you people…..tired, typical, lazy.

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Tea Party Leader is an oxymoron. She’s ONE VOTE. He certainly won’t get mine! I’d vote Obama before another RINO.

rcl on June 6, 2011 at 10:02 PM

…..tired, typical, lazy.

That sums up Romney rather well.

rcl on June 6, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Yet despite its profound market-altering effects, the universal care mandate is relatively uncontroversial. Why? Because it taps into a common moral sensibility. It is deeply offensive to a culture that preserves and protects human life to deny medical care to the sick or injured. But as you might imagine, the cost effects of this law have been significant.

This is a phony argument. He starts off by assuming no one objects.

I don’t give a rat’s ass is Abe Lincoln signed the damn mandate. It is unconstitutional and should be demolished.

Your author is right. There isn’t a free market in health services. He’s right, the cost impact has been significant. If your response to this situation is more of the same you ARE NOT A CONSERVATIVE. YOU ARE A RINO!

Liberty and freedom aren’t necessarily easy. You obviously are looking for a free ride.

rcl on June 6, 2011 at 10:12 PM

sheryl on June 6, 2011 at 7:45 PM

I don’t know what to tell you. He has changed his stances on several issues and since I don’t accept the long drawn out explanations from other candidates, I am certainly not going to accept it from him. I am pleased that he isn’t running from Romneycare. The more I find out about it, the less bothered I am that he supported it. Masscare enjoys an increasing amount of support from the people of MA. The businesses and people of MA wanted it, and being a federalist myself, that is within their God given rights. But it still scares me that he MIGHT find a away to make compromises with Obamacare rather than a straight up repeal of it.

csdeven on June 7, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Wow those are some big bold balls you have calling Ronald Reagan a RINO and Abe Lincoln a hypothetical RINO. It’s a good thing you don’t have a “rat’s ass” worth of credibilty to make it true.

csdeven on June 7, 2011 at 12:21 AM

He won’t, waivers are going out the 1st day of Romney’s presidency. And because Mitt has a history of bringing together opposing sides of an argument, in both govt and business, he’ll get repeal pushed thru the Congress immediately, even if the Republicans don’t control both Houses. I predict Obamacare is repealed by the end of 2012.

sheryl on June 7, 2011 at 1:49 AM

Wow, I was hoping all you “purists” who stayed home last time might have learned something. By the time you all stop the infighting, Obama will be putting the final touches on all of us.

AReadyRepub on June 7, 2011 at 2:21 AM

rickyricardo on June 6, 2011 at 8:46 AM

The head Republicans drive me nuts. They can’t prioritize to save their sorry souls and have no spine. You’re absolutely correct on what happened; and the liberals have yanked the rug out from under us at home because of it.

Why the hell conservatives still vote for those fatcat fools is something that I will never understand.

Uncle Sams Nephew on June 7, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Obama has done more good for the conservative movement, more than McCain could have. Look at everything that people are finally waking up to.
With the fire that he has set under the American people, you’d almost think that Obama was purposely trying to sink the liberal democrats. ;)

Sterling Holobyte on June 7, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Sir Napsalot on June 6, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Sorry, I forgot to add Sir Napsalot’s quote with my comment.

Sterling Holobyte on June 7, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Sterling Holobyte on June 7, 2011 at 2:42 PM

I’ve been ignoring this item because I knew the comments would be full of irrational hatred of Mitt Romney. It’s almost to the level of anti-Obama.

The WaPo-ABC poll has Romney leading Obama by 49% to 46%. Too bad Hot Air readers don’t represent America. I may change my mind about him during the campaign, but so far I’m more impressed by him than the vicious rhetoric about him here.

flataffect on June 7, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Let’s see…an UNELECTED ‘Tea Party Express chief’…who does not represent any actual political party…promising to back Romney: this means exactly ONE vote for Romney: hers!!!

landlines on June 8, 2011 at 1:05 PM