Quotes of the day

posted at 9:00 pm on June 5, 2011 by Allahpundit

“Call it ‘The Politics of Doing Whatever the Heck I Want.’ There she went again, disrespecting the almighty ‘process,’ playing by her own rules and seeming not to give a flying hoot what anyone thought about it. That included the so-called key Republicans, party insiders and self-important activists whom she also seemed to ignore en route. These are many of the same people who trashed Ms. Palin’s bus tour as ill-conceived and disorganized in (often anonymous) comments to the wild-goose-chasers…

“What was most striking about the bus odyssey was the apparent relish Ms. Palin seemed to take in driving reporters nuts. While there have been numerous media-loathing politicians over the years, no possible candidate of Ms. Palin’s wattage has so blatantly blown off (or actively thwarted) the trailing press corps to the degree that she did.

“I’m all for political people extending every courtesy to us poor, pampered media types. The predictability afforded by such courtesies is often our friend, especially with a deadline looming. But as someone who has consumed —and contributed to — a massive body of predictable campaign coverage over the years, I find something refreshing about the ‘winging it’ approach. And it was instructive to see the media so disoriented upon being deprived of the familiar setups, set-pieces and bubble-like environments of a modern presidential campaign.”

***
Click the image to watch.

***
“[I]t’s actually kind of refreshing to see somebody who just says ‘screw you’ to these people who treat her like garbage.” Click the image to watch.

***

***
“I thought she was a boffo performance today. It was the first time that I ever saw her and thought ‘this woman is a serious – if she decides to run – candidate for President. And a serious possibility to be President.’”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Plus Mitt moved up his announcment for his exploratory committe in reaction to Obama in Apr so he has a histroy of doing these kinds of things.

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 1:28 AM

I wasn’t ure but I thought he had set a time frame when he did the exploratory announcement… I love the way everyone kept referring to him as the frontrunner as if they thought saying it enough times would make it true…LOL

CCRWM on June 6, 2011 at 1:40 AM

Robert Briscoe was the first Jewish mayor of Dublin. This was in the 1950s. When Yogi Berra was told Dublin had a Jewish mayor, he said: “Only in America.”

Emperor Norton on June 6, 2011 at 1:40 AM

If Palin makes it clear that she would seal the border for a few years first, to prove the government is even capable of so, before she’d even consider any sort of comprehensive reform, she’d have my vote pretty well sewn up, I think.

FloatingRock on June 6, 2011 at 1:40 AM

No, I Googled the interviews from the candidates and categorized them.

Then I realized that I’m not the only one with access to Google, and posting links to 10 minute interviews that wouldn’t get watched in their entirety wasn’t my job.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:40 AM

In other words, you’re blowing smoke up our asses.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:40 AM

…to prove the government is even capable of doing so…

FIFM

FloatingRock on June 6, 2011 at 1:41 AM

FloatingRock on June 6, 2011 at 1:40 AM

Reagan himself made a rather nasty misstep on immigration. If we can look back on his administration and think he was a great man, I think we should be able to accept that Sarah Palin could in fact be the best person for the job now, based on her propensity to actually do what she says she will do.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:42 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 1:22 AM

What makes you think that isn’t happening?…

Gohawgs on June 6, 2011 at 1:35 AM

I said that I was going to stay out of the ‘meat’ of these threads because they tend to cause my blood pressure to rise.
I didn’t. I should have.
Forget I responded at all to the original comment.
Hope Lubbock gets some rain this week. we need it.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 1:45 AM

In other words, you’re blowing smoke up our asses.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:40 AM

As usual.

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 1:47 AM

Emperor Norton on June 6, 2011 at 1:40 AM

One year,I marched with an unofficial chapter of the Royal order of the Yiddish Sons of Erin in the Chicago St. Patrick’s Day Parade. My late father tagged along-and he wore his kilt. It was the tartan of our SCOTTISH clan…Wallace.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 1:50 AM

I didn’t. I should have.
Forget I responded at all to the original comment.
Hope Lubbock gets some rain this week. we need it.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 1:45 AM

Easy now.

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 1:50 AM

FloatingRock on June 6, 2011 at 1:40 AM

she already did. Not sure about the years part. But she has stated many times the border must be secured first befor eany thing else is even discussed, she also called for a lossening of the ROE for the border patrol, and internal protection like AZ law and e-verify.

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 1:51 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 1:50 AM

Heh. I work at 3M, and a slight variation on the Wallace tartan is their logo for Scotch brand products. LOL

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:53 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 1:45 AM

Well

And, remember…it’s a dry heat…

Gohawgs on June 6, 2011 at 1:53 AM

she already did.

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 1:51 AM

My impression is that she took a comprehensive reform approach with a amnesty trigger after the border is certified to be secure, like McCain.

FloatingRock on June 6, 2011 at 1:57 AM

In other words, you’re blowing smoke up our asses.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:40 AM

No need; you’ve done such to yourself far better than I could.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:58 AM

No need; you’ve done such to yourself far better than I could.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:58 AM

Um…whatever, dude. You usually don’t bring such weak sauce to the table. I’m disappointed in you tonight.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:59 AM

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:53 AM

Roses Are Red
Violets are Blue
There’s no bigger miser
Than a Scottish Jew.
LoL
*FYI for those who don’t know-I was raised Jewish and am Scots on my mother’s side*

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 1:59 AM

Gohawgs on June 6, 2011 at 1:53 AM

We were in Houston on Thursday.
Temp wise it was Chicago by-the-sea.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 2:02 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 1:59 AM

Scotch tape actually got its name from an early 3M attempt at making cellophane tape that would work for automotive painters. At the time, they didn’t put adhesive on the whole width of the tape. When it wouldn’t hold, legend has it that a painter told a 3M engineer, “Take this goddam tape back to your lousy Scotch boss and tell him to make it stick!” The new tape stuck and so did the name, to this very day some 75+ years later.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 2:06 AM

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 1:51 AM

Well, obviously you’ve never seen the transcript of the O’Reilly/Palin interview that rightwingyahoo has linked to 319,457 times on this site.

Of couse, yahoo fails to mention that even when Obama and the Democrats had the White House, Senate, and the House that they were afraid to bring immigration reform to the table.

Not a single Republican since Bush and McCain’s amnesty plans were throttled has attempted to bring up immigration reform.

However, Palin would push for an amnesty plan if she were to be elected president. Somehow that doesn’t seem logical or make any sense to anyone but yahoo.

What am I missing?

chief on June 6, 2011 at 2:08 AM

FloatingRock on June 6, 2011 at 1:57 AM

nope. she is undecided at this point on what to do about the 12 million in country she doesn’t want to round everyone up simply because of the size but doesn’t think they should be given amnesty either. she has stated her belief tha tif enforcemtn in country ti tighter and the jobs aren’t around many will self deport. But she was completed sold on the idea of securing the borde rfirst and freeing our border agents hands forst before anything else will even be talked about…

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 2:08 AM

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 2:06 AM

I didn’t know that!
Btw: I put the ‘mini-bio’ so that no newbies would accuse me of anti-Semitism.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 2:09 AM

What am I missing?

chief on June 6, 2011 at 2:08 AM

It is just a way to compare her to the “perfect candidate”

If yaho was honest he would admit tha tout of all the candidates on the field Palin is the strongest on illegal immigration.

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 2:10 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 1:50 AM

With the Irish, it depends on the clan. I mercy dated * a Campbell once.We got our picture in the NYT and I never heard the end of it.

* mercy date
When you are in a social circle that requires couples and you have to take turns showing with the poor f*ck,

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 2:11 AM

That is exactly what she whined.

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 1:19 AM

He just didn’t have the HA comment rule book, that allows Palin threads to be spammed into oblivion. Silly guy.

Dongemaharu on June 6, 2011 at 2:11 AM

But Ailes has his limits. After multiple meetings with Beck, whose incendiary rhetoric was growing hotter, they agreed to divorce. Given Beck’s outside projects, Ailes says, “his goals were different from our goals?… I need people focused on a daily television show.”

hmmmm ailes going soft…would explain his treatment of gov Palin lately…

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 2:11 AM

I didn’t know that!
Btw: I put the ‘mini-bio’ so that no newbies would accuse me of anti-Semitism.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 2:09 AM

3M’s history is full of happy accidents and near-fatal flubs. The company itself was founded around the turn of the twentieth century by two guys who invested in a mining venture in northern Minnesota. It was supposed to have provided them with Corundum to sell to grinding wheel manufacturers, but they discovered too late that the entire mine was nothing but Anorthosite — totally useless as a grinding material. They ended up importing Spanish garnet and making their own sandpaper to recoup their losses, and the Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing company (3M) was born.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 2:12 AM

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Rightwingyahoo just does not want to admit he was dumped by a hot Latino.

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 2:13 AM

It is just a way to compare her to the “perfect candidate”

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Yeah, when I think of “strong on illegal immigration”, the first thing that comes to mind is giving them amnesty.

At least in this one regard, she’s a Reganite.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 2:14 AM

At least in this one regard, she’s a Reganite.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 2:14 AM

I think that’s a rather crude mischaracterization of her position, but if there is one chink in Palin’s conservative cred, it would be on immigration issues.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 2:16 AM

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 2:11 AM

I don’t remember having my pic taken?…

Gohawgs on June 6, 2011 at 2:16 AM

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Yeah, with only 3 years on the national stage, I can understand why she’s still undecided.

Has she had time to make a decision regarding the infamous “New Coke” versus “Coke Classic” debate?

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 2:18 AM

It is just a way to compare her to the “perfect candidate”

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Heh! That is done here at Hot Air all the time.

I think HA commenters try to compare Palin with the ‘generic’ Republican that always polls better than the actual candidates.

GOP nominee Generic is one awesome candidate!

You just can’t beat him. His greatness has no bounds.

chief on June 6, 2011 at 2:19 AM

At least in this one regard, she’s a Reganite.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 2:14 AM

Yeah, that is why she has said many times she came of age politically when Reagan was President, she sees him as an inspiration to her all her adult life, she constantly quotes him on foreign and domestic policy, and general view of America and it’s role in the world.

Just that one, single regard.

Uh huh.

Right.

Ok, sure.

Brian1972 on June 6, 2011 at 2:19 AM

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 2:14 AM

Please provide links to other candidates and potential candidates putting forward rock solid positions on immigration. If you can.

steebo77 on June 6, 2011 at 2:20 AM

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 2:16 AM

If it’s a mischaracterization (and it doesn’t appear to be) of her position, it’s only due to the poor job she’s done articulating her views on the matter.

This is too common an occurance- she says something, and there’s then a 500 comment debate on what she actually meant. That’s on her.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Like I said, it’s the one chink I can actually find in her conservative credibility. She still has an excellent track record of doing what she says she’s going to do when she says she will do something. That’s more than I’ve come to expect from the Republican party as-late.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 2:22 AM

steebo77 on June 6, 2011 at 2:20 AM

He can, but he can’t.

It’s a long story, but short version is that Hollowpoint’s opinions are facts and it’s not his job to provide links.

chief on June 6, 2011 at 2:24 AM

steebo77 on June 6, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Here you go.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 2:24 AM

I don’t remember having my pic taken?…

Gohawgs on June 6, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Snort! If you were a southern frat boy we dated. I was the one who wouldn’t put out and had the father from hell Ring a bell? Thanks for the flowers though.

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 2:24 AM

I wouldn’t go so far as “phenomenal”; she didn’t really break new ground. Simply supporting the Ryan plan and Gen Petraeus isn’t enough to mark one as a serious political thinker, but she did at least get into more detail than usual.

However, it was far better than her previous performances. As a Palin critic, I’ll give her a grade of “B” for this one. Bill Buckley she wasn’t, but aside from a somewhat tortured defense of her Paul Revere gaffe, no glaring mistakes and fewer vague platitudes than most previous interviews. Clearly she was more prepared than she has been in the past.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 12:40 AM

There was no gaffe and I don’t care that she doesn’t sound like Buckley. Like her style of talking or no…she’s right on substantively and factually.

I’ll post this link…although I doubt you’ll stop referring it to as a gaffe, because you worship at the altar of anti-Palinism, and to do so would mean correcting a false narrative about her:

powerpro on June 6, 2011 at 2:25 AM

chief on June 6, 2011 at 2:24 AM

You finally get it. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 2:25 AM

Here you go.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 2:24 AM

Quitter.

Brian1972 on June 6, 2011 at 2:26 AM

Here you go.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 2:24 AM

More weak sauce, man. I thought you were a better quality of troll than this.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 2:26 AM

Here you go.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 2:24 AM

Way to ABDICATE!!!1!1!!.

steebo77 on June 6, 2011 at 2:35 AM

More weak sauce, man. I thought you were a better quality of troll than this.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 2:26 AM

I know this has been said before many, many times, but I’ll repeat it anyway. Hollowpoint’s points, when he actually has any, are invariably hollow, thus making his moniker the most appropriate of all monikers on this website.

steebo77 on June 6, 2011 at 2:37 AM

Way to ABDICATE!!!1!1!!.

steebo77 on June 6, 2011 at 2:35 AM

Just don’t say that word 3x…

Gohawgs on June 6, 2011 at 3:28 AM

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 2:24 AM

GDI, here…You’re welcome for the flowers…

Gohawgs on June 6, 2011 at 3:29 AM

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Excuse you? What don’t you understand?

Your problem is that she is so clear you cannot countenance it. Why? Because she speaks the truth. Anathema to you, I’m sure. Her/our truth is not yours, that’s why.

Opinionator on June 6, 2011 at 3:41 AM

If I recall correctly, Sarah Palin was the only potential candidate that has gone to AZ and stood with Brewer when she signed the illegal immigration bill that is winding its way through the courts. The rest were hiding under their desks as usual.

karenhasfreedom on June 6, 2011 at 3:57 AM

Wow. Big Sunday night, eh?

OmahaConservative on June 6, 2011 at 4:40 AM

The media coverage of Palin this weekend is pretty astounding. At least two reporters who were on the bus tour stated that Palin had given the media 17 avails in four days and answered any and all questions on the issues. Scott Conroy even admitted that Palin had answered so many questions, he had run out of things to ask her.

Based on this information, you’d think there would be a number of stories about what she said on the issues, but by and large there really wasn’t much put forth.

Instead, the internet, the TV, and the newspapers were flooded with stories of Palin’s non-mistake being portrayed as proof of her idiocy. At first, the media said she got the, “Revere warned the British” wrong. When they were proven wrong, they then said , “But there were no bells”. When they were proven wrong again, their new assertion was, “Maybe she’s right, but she didn’t know she was right.”

So lets see if I’ve got this right. The media jumped on a story that turned out to be a different story than they intended. The real story is that very few people knew the real account of Paul Revere’s ride. The second story is that people kept doubling down on stupid with their assertions that Palin was still wrong even when presented with evidence to the contrary. The third story is that the media is still trying to destroy her even when they have evidence that she’s a serious force in the political war.

If you Google, “Paul Revere, Palin”, you’ll find over 2 million results. If you Google, “Palin, end subsidies”, you get 11,900 results. This morning, CBS News is still peddling the story that Palin got it wrong. Don’t any of these fools do anything but repeat what one of their brethren says?

Palin said that the purpose of the One Nation tour was to help educate the people about our history. The Revere story shows the need to do this. Unfortunately, most of the media is not interested in learning anything or telling the truth. “There are none so blind than those who will not see.” Unfortunately, those who have the responsibility to be the eyes of those who CANNOT see, choose to describe an aardvark, when in reality, the animal in front of them is an elephant.

NoNails on June 6, 2011 at 4:46 AM

NoNails on June 6, 2011 at 4:46 AM

This Paul Revere situation could be a blessing in disguise, as it furnishes hard core proof that the reporters who cover Palin are ONLY looking for the gotcha gaffe and when they can’t find it, they make sh!t up. Just the google search results that you quoted make a pretty good hard core proof to use with someone who insists that the media caricature of Sarah Palin is real.

Once the movie comes out, the media’s lies are exposed, they will be neutered pretty much, so Sarah can just run circles around them and get her message to the peeps.

THIS is why she has to be the nominee this round. The other candidates have not yet gone through this gauntlet and they will be crushed by the media intent on preserving the marxist in office.

karenhasfreedom on June 6, 2011 at 5:01 AM

Quick question……is Palin’s bus ride/family vacation/historical tour over ALREADY?

Wasn’t this thing supposed to END in Iowa?

SgtSVJones on June 6, 2011 at 5:08 AM

1st leg of the tour is over, that’s all…

OmahaConservative on June 6, 2011 at 5:12 AM

karenhasfreedom on June 6, 2011 at 5:01 AM

Yes ,it really shows, once again, the deliberate intensity in media bias, and how media coordinates attacks against conservatives.
People who think this is and will only be palin targeting will get caught off guard and annihilated when the general election starts.

the_nile on June 6, 2011 at 5:13 AM

Have you tracked down those Puerto Rican illegals yet?

katy the mean old lady on June 5, 2011 at 11:39 PM

???
I have no idea what you’re babbling about & I doubt you know either.
OT & attempting to impersonate a pit bull on a Palin thread? So abnormal for you….not.

Jenfidel on June 6, 2011 at 5:42 AM

That is exactly what she whined.

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Not a whine, but a statement of fact.
Check in at HA on a Palin thread late at night, any night.
It’s teen chat by the middle-aged, but it’s sophomoric,just the same.

Jenfidel on June 6, 2011 at 5:52 AM

The fact is that, our precious conservative establishment gatekeepers gives Obama more freedom to be arrogantly independent, than they give their loathsome Sarah.

It is precisely an approval process that is contaminated with media and party powerbrokers -the replacement crowd of those old smoke-filled room gangs. The believe their role is to be the offical selectors of our leaders-they with the imprimaturs designed to keep the common man (or woman) from doing the choosing or the leading.

They, in effect,behave no different than the “control other people” crowd, that Obama so admires. They are but the GOP’s form of gatekeeper czars.

Their day in the sun is over.

Don L on June 6, 2011 at 6:26 AM

Looks like Facebook and bus tours may be her only medium in the not so distant future. even greta will have to back off….

Bradky on June 6, 2011 at 6:27 AM

In electoral politics, perception = reality.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:21 AM

In electoral politics, allowing a false narrative to stand without rebuttal/not fighting back = ensuring we will never have a conservative president again. EVER.

powerpro on June 6, 2011 at 6:30 AM

That’s why I say that Palin doesn’t see Obama as her biggest opponent. She sees the media as the biggest opponent of “we The People”.

NoNails on June 6, 2011 at 6:37 AM

The absolutely astounding thing about the MFM is that they have, apparently, never been on a DIY vacation with friends. The DIY vacation has a couple of places you want to get to, maybe a social event to participate in, or just some people you want to see that you haven’t seen in awhile. You allot an extra few days as padding to do this thing known as ‘sight seeing’ and go to interesting places not in the tourist guides.

You let friends know where you are going and invite them along on the BYOV principle: Bring Your Own Vehicle.

I used to be a used bookstore maven and I’ve had vacations just like that… tell people I know who might be interested and then do the rough scheduling and you got lots of slack time to fill up with other stuff. If I had a month of time off for something like that? It would start to look a bit like the Palin bus trip, save that I would do my own driving in a much smaller vehicle. A difference in scale, yes, a difference in kind, no.

Doesn’t anyone in the MFM do this sort of thing? Or are they the ‘its Tuesday so it must be Beligum’ crowd and want their entire lives pre-packaged for their enjoyment? If that’s the case they will soon be replaced by more interesting robots…

ajacksonian on June 6, 2011 at 6:39 AM

Evenin’ CS. I hope your Sunday was pleasant.
*smiles*

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Hi. Yes it was a good day. I hope you had a nice one also.

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 6:48 AM

My fingers aren’t working yet.

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 6:48 AM

Palin announced on the 26th. Mitt announced on the 27th in a direct in your face attempt to steal Palin’s thunder. Palin then moved up her plans to be in NH on the 2nd to show Mitt two can play that game. Palin won, Mitt lost. deal with it.

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 12:18 AM

How did Mitt know that she was going to be in NH on the 2nd?

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 6:51 AM

Bradky on June 6, 2011 at 6:27 AM

You only wish, troll…

OmahaConservative on June 6, 2011 at 6:51 AM

hehe punked….

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 1:32 AM

The ride was over the second the Brits had him in custody.

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 6:53 AM

I’m sure it wasn’t on Christie’s and Perry’s level of sentence structure, but what were your thoughts on her FNS interview today?

chief on June 6, 2011 at 12:25 AM

It was better for the first few minutes. Then she dropped back into her old routine.

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 6:54 AM

Sarah Palin…….Tina Fey Career high point.

PappyD61 on June 6, 2011 at 6:55 AM

???
I have no idea what you’re babbling about & I doubt you know either.

Jenfidel on June 6, 2011 at 5:42 AM

Gee, perhaps you don’t recall your little rant about Romney’s illegal Puerto Rican gardeners. Nitwit.

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 6:56 AM

Unfortunately many people still do read the NYT, mostly, if not totally, so’s they can refresh their self-superiority and express hollow surprise along with this particular overblown typist when he types: “…the apparent relish Ms. Palin seemed to take in driving reporters nuts.”

“…I find something refreshing about people….” Imagine
the shock waves that would rumble through the ivory towers if the realization ever sets in that we are not in this world to provide refreshment for condescending NYT scribblers and their intellectually lazy readers.

curved space on June 6, 2011 at 7:05 AM

Opinionator on June 6, 2011 at 3:41 AM

Telling the 63% of the country that will never vote for her that they are stupid is not a winning strategy.

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 7:08 AM

success!

good for sarah…

cmsinaz on June 6, 2011 at 7:09 AM

steebo77 on June 6, 2011 at 2:20 AM

So Sarah is better because she is just as vague as other candidates?

Why are the fall back positions always excuses like “But Obama did it” or “but the other candidates aren’t doing it either”. And then of course they is the name calling, personal insults, and demeaning accusations.

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 7:15 AM

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 7:08 AM

I know csdeven said he/she wouldn’t read my posts, so this is to everyone else. csdeven has a fatal flaw in his/her thinking. He/she fails to understand that many of that 63% dislike the caricature of Palin and have very little knowledge of the real Palin. Additionally, csdevin conveniently discounts the purpose of an actual campaign.

NoNails on June 6, 2011 at 7:28 AM

NoNails on June 6, 2011 at 7:28 AM

QFT.

powerpro on June 6, 2011 at 7:30 AM

My fingers aren’t working yet.

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 6:48 AM

Stop sniffing glue.

the_nile on June 6, 2011 at 7:31 AM

So Sarah is better because she is just as vague as other candidates?

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 7:15 AM

I wonder why csdeven fails to grasp the fact that Palin hasn’t formally entered the race and it would be unwise to dig into details until she does. Of course, this may be just too logical for him/her to grasp. Or could it be that he/she is more interested in casting stones than he/she is in dealing with simple facts. If Palin said the sky is blue and the grass is green, he/she would complain because Palin didn’t say what shade.

NoNails on June 6, 2011 at 7:33 AM

Here’s another thing.

I SWORE I would never, EVER vote for John McCain.

And yet… I did.

Funny that.

powerpro on June 6, 2011 at 7:37 AM

NoNails on June 6, 2011 at 7:28 AM

That 63% that he babbles about seems to be dwindlng. My cousin the ” I think she’s stupid” bore met her in Philadelphia. He and his wife became instant converts. To the point that they won’t shut up about her.

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 7:40 AM

NoNails on June 6, 2011 at 6:37 AM

I agree with this.

tinkerthinker on June 6, 2011 at 7:48 AM

So Sarah is better because she is just as vague as other candidates?
csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 7:15 AM

I think he’s just pointing out the double standards that are applied to Palin and no one else, along with the goalpost moving and changing narrative.

Dongemaharu on June 6, 2011 at 7:50 AM

Opinionator on June 6, 2011 at 3:41 AM

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 7:08 AM

Since you are so sure of your meme…Have a “C” note to your/my favorite charity that IF Sarah runs and wins the nomination, that she gets MORE than 37% of the vote. Since you continually state polls are perfect predictors of the future, do you have a “C” note, on a sure thing?

Regards,

the Dragon on June 6, 2011 at 7:54 AM

My, the Trolls are up early. Is Axlerod paying you guys time and a half?

kingsjester on June 6, 2011 at 7:55 AM

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 7:08 AM

Oh, btw, you swore you agreed with the fact that polls can and do change as election season progresses.

Stating a poll number from whenever (but obviously before she’s even announced) as though it’s a locked in stone fact seems to suggest you really don’t get that polls can and do change.

And people can swear all they want they’ll never support someone. But things change for them too, just like it did for me.

powerpro on June 6, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Santorum is in. Buh-bye Sarah.

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 8:02 AM

My, the Trolls are up early. Is Axlerod paying you guys time and a half?

kingsjester on June 6, 2011 at 7:55 AM

Clearly overpaid.

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 8:05 AM

Santorum is in. Buh-bye Sarah.
csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 8:02 AM

You forgot the /sarc tag.

kingsjester on June 6, 2011 at 8:05 AM

OT – Weingergate Round II begins today at BigJournalism and BigGovt:

Who’s ready?

Good Lt on June 6, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Since you are so sure of your meme…

the Dragon on June 6, 2011 at 7:54 AM

I didn’t say she couldn’t fix her perception problem. I said that calling people stupid isn’t going to do it. THAT is the meme of many Palin supporters here. If a person is a skeptic, they start with the name calling, personal insults, and demeaning accusations.

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Santorum is in. Buh-bye Sarah.

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 8:02 AM

You’re kidding. Right?

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Santorum is in. Buh-bye Sarah.
csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 8:02 AM

This is your mind on drugs….

idesign on June 6, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Santorum is in. Buh-bye Sarah.

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Bandwagon much?

Oh, and BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!

fossten on June 6, 2011 at 8:11 AM

You’re kidding. Right?

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Exactly how is a failed 1/2 term governor going to keep the 63% that hate her from supporting a successful 2 term senator that has the same basic philosophy? By calling that 63% morons, trolls, and idiots?

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 8:14 AM

This is your mind on drugs….

idesign on June 6, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Not a pretty sight.Mine is boggled on coffe. Weeks of spamming for this??

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 8:15 AM

OT – Weingergate Round II begins today at BigJournalism and BigGovt:

Who’s ready?

Good Lt on June 6, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Heh.

the_nile on June 6, 2011 at 8:17 AM

You only wish, troll…

OmahaConservative on June 6, 2011 at 6:51 AM

I provided the link to a conservative blogger. You do the math.

Is Axlerod paying you guys time and a half?

kingsjester on June 6, 2011 at 7:55 AM