Quotes of the day

posted at 9:00 pm on June 5, 2011 by Allahpundit

“Call it ‘The Politics of Doing Whatever the Heck I Want.’ There she went again, disrespecting the almighty ‘process,’ playing by her own rules and seeming not to give a flying hoot what anyone thought about it. That included the so-called key Republicans, party insiders and self-important activists whom she also seemed to ignore en route. These are many of the same people who trashed Ms. Palin’s bus tour as ill-conceived and disorganized in (often anonymous) comments to the wild-goose-chasers…

“What was most striking about the bus odyssey was the apparent relish Ms. Palin seemed to take in driving reporters nuts. While there have been numerous media-loathing politicians over the years, no possible candidate of Ms. Palin’s wattage has so blatantly blown off (or actively thwarted) the trailing press corps to the degree that she did.

“I’m all for political people extending every courtesy to us poor, pampered media types. The predictability afforded by such courtesies is often our friend, especially with a deadline looming. But as someone who has consumed —and contributed to — a massive body of predictable campaign coverage over the years, I find something refreshing about the ‘winging it’ approach. And it was instructive to see the media so disoriented upon being deprived of the familiar setups, set-pieces and bubble-like environments of a modern presidential campaign.”

***
Click the image to watch.

***
“[I]t’s actually kind of refreshing to see somebody who just says ‘screw you’ to these people who treat her like garbage.” Click the image to watch.

***

***
“I thought she was a boffo performance today. It was the first time that I ever saw her and thought ‘this woman is a serious – if she decides to run – candidate for President. And a serious possibility to be President.’”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

It boggles my mind that there are still some people who’ve convinced themselves she won’t run. Big time denial.

NoLeftTurn on June 6, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Keep hitting the domestic energy policy, Sarah. Under your leadership we’ll be hitting 10 percent GDP growth without breaking a sweat.

John the Libertarian on June 5, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Exactly. Whenever I hear one of these pundits drone on about how new domestic drilling won’t ifluence gas prices I want to pull out my .45 and shoot the television. All Bush had to do was lift the executive ban on offshore drilling in ’08 and the price of a barrel of oil collapsed. If Palin gets in there, speculators will drive the price down again and this time much further.

Kataklysmic on June 6, 2011 at 12:04 AM

katy the mean old lady on June 5, 2011 at 11:57 PM

But I thought she was one of…yours?
*ducks and runs*

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Catches Twerp by the collar and gives a virtual thrashing

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 12:06 AM

No bicycle?

John the Libertarian on June 6, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Blew-out BOTH tires the day after i got it…besides, I get off work too late to ride home.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Heh! Now that is what I call fair and balanced!

chief on June 5, 2011 at 11:58 PM

this is good news. It tells me the left/gop establishment are going to fight the last war. tina fey is yesterday news. The character that Tina made famous is no more and was never there. Palin is also not shackled to McCain’s team and will respond.

As this bus tour showed and the last yea ror so shows the elft really as only old talking points. mitt’s buttboys where thinking her resignation was enough to stop her and would be the only thing they needed. they simply can’t find the baggage

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Catches Twerp by the collar and gives a virtual thrashing

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 12:06 AM

hey, I’m surprise Momma Jen hasn’t started in on me about how my posting videos is turning this thread into a teen chat-room.*She’s given that schpiel to the usual crowd before*

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:09 AM

If Breitbart is talking Tuscon/blood libel, then he’s spot on. That was the time to stand up against the media, and they failed, big time. No outrage.

Dongemaharu on June 5, 2011 at 11:54 PM

She’s going to take it to them. I guess Boehner knows this. His current job performance is unacceptable. If she’s elected, she’ll first ask the resignations of Boehner and Mcconnell and their cronies.

promachus on June 6, 2011 at 12:12 AM

I guess Mitt had a secret copy of Sarah’s itinerary. He knew when she announced her tour that she would be in NH on the 2nd. And he decided on the 27th to announce his candidacy on the 2nd also.

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 12:15 AM

promachus on June 6, 2011 at 12:12 AM

doubtful she will work with congress and see if she can get them to come to her. If not I could see her running in 2014 against congress.

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 12:15 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Heh! Like that would stop us. What do you want to hear?

What type of music do you like? I’ll start searching!

chief on June 6, 2011 at 12:16 AM

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Evenin’ CS. I hope your Sunday was pleasant.
*smiles*

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:17 AM

If I hear someone say the word ‘Gravitas’ one more time, they’re going to get a long distance steel-toed boot up their ACE.

dforston on June 5, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Funny!

Gang-of-One on June 6, 2011 at 12:17 AM

I’m sure the members of the media who spent the weekend laughing at Sarah Palin, will be quick to apologize to her as soon as they finish reading their history lessons. Right?

wren on June 5, 2011 at 11:31 PMYup. Right after I get that pig out of my mango tree.

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 12:18 AM

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 12:15 AM

boy you are dense aren’t you. Palin announced on the 26th. Mitt announced on the 27th in a direct in your face attempt to steal Palin’s thunder. Palin then moved up her plans to be in NH on the 2nd to show Mitt two can play that game. Palin won, Mitt lost. deal with it.

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 12:18 AM

I watched that interview this morning.

Sarah was phenomenal.

blatantblue on June 6, 2011 at 12:19 AM

promachus on June 6, 2011 at 12:12 AM

You’re not the only one that thinks they should be worried…from Jim Geraghty’s review of “The Undefeated”….

“….Tammy Bruce, Mark Levin, and Andrew Breitbart are featured heavily in this section, and with no disrespect intended to any of them, Palin’s story is more powerfully told through the voices of Alaskans obscure to most Americans than through the semi-familiar voices of conservative pundits. This is not to say this section doesn’t pack its punches, one of which is a particularly impassioned prosecutorial indictment of the Republican party establishment. (Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell, along with House leaders John Boehner and Eric Cantor, might want to step out for popcorn at this point.) Breitbart in particular gets a memorable denunciation of “eunuchs” on the cultural right in Washington and New York City.”

tencole on June 6, 2011 at 12:22 AM

csdeven on June 6, 2011 at 12:15 AM

I know that I’m a Palin cultist, but I thought Palin’s sentence structure was pretty good today.

Did you think she traded in that butter knife for a sharper one as she tried to slice that ham today, or did you think she butchered her sentences(ham)with a butter knife as usual?

I’m sure it wasn’t on Christie’s and Perry’s level of sentence structure, but what were your thoughts on her FNS interview today?

chief on June 6, 2011 at 12:25 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:09 AM

She just hits and runs now. Pass the damn cookies and I’l give you some magno pudding.

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 12:27 AM

I get off work too late to ride home.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Lubbock has a bike curfew???

Gohawgs on June 6, 2011 at 12:32 AM

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 12:27 AM

*grudgingly passes the Oreos*

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Lubbock has a bike curfew???

Gohawgs on June 6, 2011 at 12:32 AM

No…but I’m not going to ride home 8 miles down a busy street that’s not totally bike-friendly at 9-10 at night.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:36 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:09 AM

“Spitefully passes mango pudding”.

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 12:37 AM

@ unseen. Thanks for your responses. Calling it a night.

AH_C on June 6, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Ooops, meant to copy the Oreo thang.
PS I was expecting chocolate chip.

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 12:39 AM

I watched that interview this morning.

Sarah was phenomenal.

blatantblue on June 6, 2011 at 12:19 AM

I wouldn’t go so far as “phenomenal”; she didn’t really break new ground. Simply supporting the Ryan plan and Gen Petraeus isn’t enough to mark one as a serious political thinker, but she did at least get into more detail than usual.

However, it was far better than her previous performances. As a Palin critic, I’ll give her a grade of “B” for this one. Bill Buckley she wasn’t, but aside from a somewhat tortured defense of her Paul Revere gaffe, no glaring mistakes and fewer vague platitudes than most previous interviews. Clearly she was more prepared than she has been in the past.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 12:40 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Sissy

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 12:41 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Take the scenic route…

Gohawgs on June 6, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Ooops, meant to copy the Oreo thang.
PS I was expecting chocolate chip.

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 12:39 AM

I can whip-up some chocolate-chip waffles?

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:41 AM

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Anyone who regularly walks 8 miles-one way-to work, is NOT a sissy.
My walk home from Mass on Saturday was about 70+ blocks.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:43 AM

I wonder how many people know Mitt moved up his announcment to take away the spotlight from Gov Palin?

unseen on June 5, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Really?

CCRWM on June 6, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 12:40 AM

I loved it because it was much less talky-pointy, Sean Hannity-esque!

blatantblue on June 6, 2011 at 12:45 AM

I can whip-up some chocolate-chip waffles?

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Er, no.

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Considering the date

Gohawgs on June 6, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Here’s Buckley at his best: the original Papa Grizzly(TM).

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Anyone who regularly walks 8 miles-one way-to work, is NOT a sissy.
My walk home from Mass on Saturday was about 70+ blocks.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:43 AM

I keed, I keed!

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 12:47 AM

I think Chris Wallace changed is stance on Palin somewhat this week because he probably heard from a lot of palin supporters after his horrible show last week.

Unseen, I might have read over at C4P that the bus is heading to Iowa. Not sure if I remember correctly, I have been reading all over the net tonite.

karenhasfreedom on June 6, 2011 at 12:48 AM

I keed, I keed!

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 12:47 AM

I know.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:49 AM

I notice the people in the Green Room had their heads up their asses…
making snarky remarks about the Paul Revere comment…

even Herman Cain was laughing. I guess when you live in a world that is a bubble of idiocy, it is hard to absorb any other information…. other than the liberal bull shit.

PhilipJames on June 6, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Trace Adkins

Gohawgs on June 6, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Being a produce clerk I am FULLY ‘qualified’ to teach this…

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Neither does simply saying you’re for cutting ethanol subsidies or reforming Medicare or for trimming a state’s education budget and tax load, but that doesn’t seem to matter. “Serious political thinker”. Why, if I didn’t know better, I’d think that Palin and only Palin is expected to be de Tocqueville. LOL

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 12:53 AM

I notice the people in the Green Room had their heads up their asses… making snarky remarks about the Paul Revere comment… even Herman Cain was laughing.

PhilipJames on June 6, 2011 at 12:50 AM

And what was Palin’s reaction to Gingrich’s MediScare gaffe? “You know, everybody makes mistakes.”

She IS the adult in the room.

alwaysfiredup on June 6, 2011 at 12:54 AM

PhilipJames on June 6, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Cain’s a good guy, but wow. Palin’s interview went a lot better than his, that’s for sure.

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 12:59 AM

Here ya’ go, twerp

Gohawgs on June 6, 2011 at 1:00 AM

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 12:53 AM

Have you seen Bill Buckley type of talk from T-Paw? Can you pass it onto me?

promachus on June 6, 2011 at 1:03 AM

I keed, I keed!

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 12:47 AM

I know.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:49 AM

BTW, I had the pleasure f meeting bioth Robert an Benjamin Briscoe at my grandmother’s house. Eamon De Valera was the first Jewish President of Ireland

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Lord, bless Sarah Palin and help her to make the best decision for herself, her family, and America. I pray this in Jesus Name. Amen

TheQuestion on June 5, 2011 at 10:56 PM

I too pray for Sarah and her family every day…

CCRWM on June 6, 2011 at 1:05 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:09 AM

“Teen chat-room” is a little harsh I think. Off topic spam-fest, maybe. But certainly not teen chat-room.

Dongemaharu on June 6, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Really?

CCRWM on June 6, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Palin announced her tour on May 26th….Mitt announced his speech on May 27th for the 2nd.

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Have you seen Bill Buckley type of talk from T-Paw? Can you pass it onto me?

promachus on June 6, 2011 at 1:03 AM

No, not off the top of my head. I certainly can’t. Romney either, except that speech where he shouted the NO APOLOGY!! applause line in such an inspiring manner. That was some serious political philosophizing there.

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 1:09 AM

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 12:53 AM

You can try to pretend otherwise, but most of her previous interviews made Hannity look like Socrates.

After 3 years, she has a lot of catching up to do in order to convince people that she carries intellectual heft. In that sense- yes, she does have a higher standard to live up to.

Her interview today (which I watched in full) was far better than what she’s offered in the past, but it’s likely going to be a case of “too little, too late”. Pre-concieved notions are difficult to shake.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:10 AM

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 12:59 AM

I just watched that Greenroom session. What is Cain talking about with Palin’s timing?

Message is good, but her timing is bad. Is that what he meant?

Also, sounded like he will support Romney over Palin once he is forced out.

chief on June 6, 2011 at 1:11 AM

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:10 AM

You do know what “argument by assertion” is, right? And “clouding the facts?” Just wondering.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:11 AM

Dreadnought on June 6, 2011 at 1:03 AM

The problem isn’t that she’s not a public intellectual; it’s that she doesn’t seem able to sustain an argument beyond simply reciting talking points.

Riiiiiight. Now point out to me some candidate about whom that CAN’T be said.

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 1:14 AM

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:11 AM

My assertions and opinions are by definition facts.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Dreadnought on June 6, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Commentary has become a swamp of anti-Palin opinion what with both Tobin and Wehner and formerly Rubin. It’s quite ugly and I cancelled my subscription over it.

alwaysfiredup on June 6, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Being a produce clerk I am FULLY ‘qualified’ to teach this…

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 12:52 AMToo damn funny for words! I have a picture of you in my head. ” But you shot him. He attacked me with a banana.”

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 1:15 AM

My assertions and opinions are by definition facts.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Whoa…dude…did you just try to tell me that opinions = facts? You’re lucky this isn’t the Oxford Society. You’d get eaten alive there.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Eamon De Valera was the first Jewish President of Ireland

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 1:05

I hate to correct you but…De Valera was a New York born Catholic. His mother was Irish and his father was…Cuban?

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:10 AM

Do you have any links to interviews by the other potential candidates where they show intellectual heft?

I would love to see them. Please only link the best of the best though, or the interviews that make Palin look like a dunce when compared to these political giants.

Thanks in advance.

chief on June 6, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Pre-concieved notions are difficult to shake.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:10 AM

Yeah, like Romney’s wishy-washiness and T-Paw’s blandness. Those aren’t difficult to shake, they’re impossible to shake.

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 1:16 AM

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Had you heard of another date or anything?

CCRWM on June 6, 2011 at 1:17 AM

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Actually, I’m more likely to get ‘violent’ over strawberries.
I DESPISE strawberries.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Pre-concieved notions are difficult to shake.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:10 AM

Not really, when they are mostly based on lies. The truth will out.

alwaysfiredup on June 6, 2011 at 1:18 AM

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:16 AM

No, opinions don’t equal facts… except when those opinions are uttered by me.

Check the Oxford Debate Society handbook. It says so.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:18 AM

The essence of many PDS arguments boils down to: “I said it. Therefore it is true, and these poll numbers mean it is all hard-boiled fact.” Gryph don’t roll dat way, Homes.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Dongemaharu on June 6, 2011 at 1:06 AM

That is exactly what she whined.

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Off Topic but good news I think:

Portugal election: Socialists admit defeat
[...]
Announcing his resignation to party supporters in Lisbon, Mr Socrates said: “This defeat is entirely mine and I want to assume full responsibility for it.

Rest easy, Mr Socrates, for it is Socialism that has failed, not you.

(Sorry if it’s old news but I just found out.)

FloatingRock on June 6, 2011 at 1:19 AM

chief on June 6, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:19 AM

No, opinions don’t equal facts… except when those opinions are uttered by me.

Check the Oxford Debate Society handbook. It says so.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Um…okay?

/sanityCheck

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Bring them on then.

chief on June 6, 2011 at 1:20 AM

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:19 AM

In electoral politics, perception = reality.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:21 AM

chief on June 6, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Would you care to provide us with them? Or is this another “fact” which we should take you at your word for?

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:21 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Yet he was still the first Jewish President of Ireland.

katy the mean old lady on June 6, 2011 at 1:22 AM

In electoral politics, perception = reality.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:21 AM

If you are so infallible, why has your recent prediction record been so poor?

alwaysfiredup on June 6, 2011 at 1:22 AM

TheQuestion on June 5, 2011 at 10:56 PM

I too pray for Sarah and her family every day…

CCRWM on June 6, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Rather then sending devotions on high for one person-why don’t you use that time to pray for our brave men and women in uniform.
They NEED our prayers-they DESERVE our prayers!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 1:22 AM

In electoral politics, perception = reality.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Right. And my perception happens to differ from yours on certain matters appropos to this thread. Diametrically so. One of us will turn out to be wrong in the end, but only time will tell. Cause that’s how opinions based on some occurence at a later date tend to be.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:23 AM

They NEED our prayers-they DESERVE our prayers!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 1:22 AM

So does Palin, in my not-so-humble opinion. I pray for them all. For different things, for different reasons, but I pray for them all.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Bring them on then.

chief on June 6, 2011 at 1:20 AM

I will.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:24 AM

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Bring them on then.

chief on June 6, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Yeah, I’d love to see that too. No “talking points”, just solid primary political philosophizing from Romney or Palwenty or whoever.

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 1:24 AM

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:23 AM

The difference being that the majority hold perceptions unfavorable to Palin, and they are unlikely to change dramatically and quickly.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:25 AM

And that can change. That may change. I hope it does change. But in the end, it won’t affect my actions much at all. I’m going to do what I believe is right instead of following the crowd. Cause dat’s how Gryph rolls, Homes.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:26 AM

I will.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:24 AM

When? Can’t you point to anything within the next few minutes?

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 1:27 AM

Bring them on then.

chief on June 6, 2011 at 1:20 AM

I will.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:24 AM

Riiiiight.

/snort

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:28 AM

When? Can’t you point to anything within the next few minutes?

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 1:27 AM

I could.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Had you heard of another date or anything?

CCRWM on June 6, 2011 at 1:17 AM

there was some talk of around the 10th. but Palin’s reaction to Mitt’s announcment seems to seal it. Once mitt announced Palin moved up her boston visit to be in Nh for his speech. It was a show of force. Palin announced, mitt announced to steal her thunder, Palin was in Nh to upstage him is my read based on the timings of the announcments. One flowed form the other.

Plus Mitt moved up his announcment for his exploratory committe in reaction to Obama in Apr so he has a histroy of doing these kinds of things.

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 1:28 AM

When? Can’t you point to anything within the next few minutes?

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 1:27 AM

I could.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:28 AM

But he won’t. Cause he’s blowing smoke up our asses.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:28 AM

When? Can’t you point to anything within the next few minutes?

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 1:27 AM

I could.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Yeah, right. If you had anything of the sort, you would’ve already been using it as a yardstick. You ain’t got nothin’.

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 1:29 AM

Experts back Sarah Palin’s historical account
You betcha she was right!

Sarah Palin yesterday insisted her claim at the Old North Church last week that Paul Revere “warned the British” during his famed 1775 ride — remarks that Democrats and the media roundly ridiculed — is actually historically accurate. And local historians are backing her up

ROFLMAO…liberals you have been punked.

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 1:29 AM

Katy: Nowhere do any of EDV’s bio’s give any indication that EDV had ANY Jewish blood.
Jews were protected by the Irish constitution-but that didn’t make him Jewish.
*smiles*

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 1:31 AM

ROFLMAO…liberals Palin detractors you have been punked.

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 1:29 AM

Just a slight clarification there, Un.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:31 AM

They NEED our prayers-they DESERVE our prayers!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 1:22 AM

How do you know they don’t pray for the military?

Quite the ASSumption there twerp!

chief on June 6, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said, “Basically when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, ‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting,’ and the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringing — she was right about that — and warning shots being fired. That’s accurate.”

Patrick Leehey of the Paul Revere House said Revere was probably bluffing his British captors, but reluctantly conceded that it could be construed as Revere warning the British

hehe punked….

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 1:32 AM

Dreadnought on June 6, 2011 at 1:03 AM

I do love articles like this, though. The gist of them always seems to be “Palin’s just slightly more popular than Hitler, but gosh darn it, she just might win! Can’t have that!”.

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 1:32 AM

Just a slight clarification there, Un.

gryphon202 on June 6, 2011 at 1:31 AM

fair point….but since the ABPP have made common cause with the marixsts in their quest to destory the woman I am increasingly unable to seperate the two groups…

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 1:34 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 6, 2011 at 1:22 AM

What makes you think that isn’t happening?…

Gohawgs on June 6, 2011 at 1:35 AM

Rest easy, Mr Socrates, for it is Socialism that has failed, not you.

(Sorry if it’s old news but I just found out.)

FloatingRock on June 6, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Sadly, Socialism seems to have won the day in Peru with the election of Ollanta Humala (a Chavez acolyte) today.

For a good analysis of the Portuguese and Peruvian elections (by a Venezuelan suffering under Chavez) check out Daniel Duquenal’s Venezuela News and Views blog.

steebo77 on June 6, 2011 at 1:36 AM

But Cornell law professor William Jacobson, who asserted last week that Palin was correct, linking to Revere quotes on his conservative blog Legalinsu*rection.com, said Palin’s critics are the ones in need of a history lesson. “It seems to be a historical fact that this happened,” he said. “A lot of the criticism is unfair and made by people who are themselves ignorant of history.”

great blog btw….and hey Palin punked the “smart” ones….lol….if they still made film this would be a kodiak moment…

unseen on June 6, 2011 at 1:39 AM

pseudoforce on June 6, 2011 at 1:29 AM

No, I Googled the interviews from the candidates and categorized them.

Then I realized that I’m not the only one with access to Google, and posting links to 10 minute interviews that wouldn’t get watched in their entirety wasn’t my job.

Hollowpoint on June 6, 2011 at 1:40 AM