Video: Pawlenty, Huntsman considered health-care mandates

posted at 8:24 pm on May 31, 2011 by Allahpundit

Thank Verum Serum for the Huntsman clip. We already knew about his flirtation with a mandate for Utah from HuffPo’s coverage a few weeks ago — the state didn’t end up adopting one, but apparently not for lack of Huntsman’s trying — but a long background piece based on people’s memories is one thing and a snappy two-minute video soundbite is another. Huntsman’s an impressive guy but I can’t answer the question of why, apart from his two years in China, anyone would strongly prefer him to Romney. Go watch Verum Serum’s mock campaign ad for him; he’s at least as RINO-y as Romney is, and per his mandate musings below, he’s even compromised on the single biggest Mitt-killing issue of the campaign. Where does he go from here? Hope New Hampshirites will ignore it and then try to ride a wave of momentum into South Carolina? Really?

As for the Pawlenty clip, I missed it when Ben Smith wrote about it on Friday but Time flagged it this evening. Like Huntsman and unlike Romney, T-Paw never signed a bill enacting any mandate. But then, that’s never been the key litmus test on this issue for conservatives. The test is whether a candidate would recognize the mandate as constitutionally repugnant (at least at the federal level) and an affront to liberty. Accordingly, you’d expect strong anti-mandate language from him and Huntsman — and instead you’re hearing warm, if noncommittal, praise. How are they going to affect high dudgeon about RomneyCare at the debates when Mitt can throw these clips in their faces? And what happens when Romney then turns to the crowd and asks the audience why, if they find health-care mandates so horrible, they’re so protective of Medicare? Under ObamaCare, you at least get to pick your own insurer; under Medicare, you’re stuck with the feds’ crappy plan, which doesn’t kick in until you’re 65, and the premiums are sucked out of your check every week in the form of FICA before you even see the money. Suggested campaign slogan: “Romney 2012: Who are you to judge me, Medicare junkies?”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

So, T-Paw`s done, right?

ThePrez on May 31, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Bad for T Paw no way around it.

Time for another “my bad”, Timmeh…..

But I don’t think this helps Mittens, either.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:28 PM

I considered an American Motors Hornet wagon once. Just for a moment. Still trying to remember who the hell talked me into trying that showroom.

Limerick on May 31, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Actually, that’s pretty good…

But, NO, to Romney…

ladyingray on May 31, 2011 at 8:29 PM

T-Paw and Huntsman can’t demogogue Mittens but Palin can and Palin will.

promachus on May 31, 2011 at 8:30 PM

We all know what happens if Mitt takes that angle. Bye Bye GOP. Hello 4 more years of Ohell.

txhsmom on May 31, 2011 at 8:30 PM

tip

Sarah Palin, Donald Trump Meet In New York City Tuesday Night

Nearly Nobody on May 31, 2011 at 8:28 PM

MSNBC/Trump trick to make a splash all across the airwaves. Sent to get the scoop. Left with an empty doggie bag.

Limerick on May 31, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Hey you no who never considered a mandate? yeah that’s right Palin.

unseen on May 31, 2011 at 8:31 PM

He runs into the problem of: ‘Ok, fine. Tell us how to make it run in the black without raising taxes.’

Or even worse: ‘We are broke, and it needs to go.’

And then there is: ‘Who are you calling a junkie, you pusher?’

ajacksonian on May 31, 2011 at 8:32 PM

unseen on May 31, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Funny how she never fell for global warming hoax either. She’s so dumb that she happens to be true on every issue, that one.

promachus on May 31, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Uh, I meant to say, “We all know what happens if Mitt is the GOP nominee and if he takes that angle…
That however is a very far off possibility.

txhsmom on May 31, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Hey you no who never considered a mandate? yeah that’s right Palin.

unseen on May 31, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Never saw that one coming, especially from you.

So, while we’re stating the obvious, what’s Palin for again?

Oh yeah… immigration reform…..

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:33 PM

So, T-Paw`s done, right?

ThePrez on May 31, 2011 at 8:27 PM

This issue, like the whole “green energy” situation, has become something that is rife with revisionist history, wherein conservatives with political axes to grind will pretend like it was always anathema to the conservative movement. It wasn’t. Once upon a time, green energy, and even health care mandates, were considered *reasonable* options to explore.

Anyone who asserts otherwise is either blatantly lying or engaging in pure puffery.

Vyce on May 31, 2011 at 8:33 PM

tip

Sarah Palin, Donald Trump Meet In New York City Tuesday Night

Nearly Nobody on May 31, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Really? So what?

I like SP too, but why oh why do we need to hear about her every move in every thread? I mean 2 comments in? Really?

Friendly word of advice? Some of you SP supporters are getting as bad as Herr Doktors back in ’07.

catmman on May 31, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Big difference between considered and implemented. I consider every option out there at least a little bit.

I’ll consider communism if you ask me to. Will probably take me a shorter amount of time to say “no” than with most other proposals but I’ll consider it first.

Red Cloud on May 31, 2011 at 8:33 PM

catmman on May 31, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Red Cloud on May 31, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Hey you no who never considered a mandate? yeah that’s right Palin.

unseen on May 31, 2011 at 8:31 PM

But she’s an idiot who’s currently busy pulling the choke chain on the MSM…

However, there is a large difference between considering something and actually doing it. California considers balancing their budget every year but…

Hog Wild on May 31, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Now joining the “WHO” parade in the GOP presidential nomination race:

TIM WHO?
Tim “I was for Cap & Tax before I was against it” Pawlenty.

JON WHO?
Ambassador “China is our friend” Huntsman.

PappyD61 on May 31, 2011 at 8:36 PM

promachus on May 31, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Except for the biggest of them all, yeah…..

O’REILLY: …this, that and the other thing. So this is where it gets very complicated, governor. You know, it gets very, very complicated…

PALIN: No.

O’REILLY: …because you are rewarding bad behavior. You’re letting them stay in the United States. And they came in illegally.

PALIN: Then let’s keep it — then we won’t complicate it anymore. Let’s keep it simple. And let’s say no, if you are here illegally, and if you don’t follow the steps that at some point through immigration reform we’re going to be able to provide, and that is to somehow allow to you work. If you’re not going to do that, then you will be deported. You will be gone.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Certainly true, but that prompts the response of, “Well, why wasn’t it always anathema?” A candidate like Cain can turn around and say, “Well, it always was to me.” What’s the comeback then?

Allahpundit on May 31, 2011 at 8:37 PM

catmman on May 31, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Yep.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:38 PM

You cannot drive ethanol-fueled cars to your mandatory hospital visit.

SouthernGent on May 31, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Considered it and then changed his mind? I’ve thought about lots of things and then had the good since to think again. Same for the rest of you?

Oink on May 31, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Allahpundit on May 31, 2011 at 8:37 PM

No choice but to be honest. Explain why you liked it then, why you don’t now, and let the people decide.

If they don’t buy it, you move on.

Hey I used to support ethanol as an alternative fuel. Then I looked at it for awhile, saw that it was obvious it couldn’t survive without subsidies, and concluded I was wrong to support it.

Happens. Learn and move on.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:40 PM

So, while we’re stating the obvious, what’s Palin for again?

Oh yeah… immigration reform…..

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:33 PM

It would be worth her winning just to see that backstabbing open-borders leftist twerp unclesmegol go into a complete meltdown when she started doing something about illegals.

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 31, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 31, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Except that he wouldn’t be melting down, because she would be legalizing them.

Did you read the post?

What about “immigration reform” and “allow you to stay and work” did you not get?

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:41 PM

I guess little Timmy really was down a well.

Can’t say I am surprised. People keep claiming Pawlenty is so conservative but I just don’t see it.

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Allahpundit on May 31, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Politicans better understand the power of the web and understand tha tthe days of talking out of both sides of their mouths are over. (unless you have the enitre MSM in your pocket)

unseen on May 31, 2011 at 8:44 PM

I guess little Timmy really was down a well.

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 8:42 PM

So they found him? they canceled the amber alert of timmy the boy wonder then?

unseen on May 31, 2011 at 8:45 PM

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 8:42 PM

I haven’t seen anyone saying that… What they are saying is that despite his prior problems, he is sounding conservative now.

That is a bit of a better fit.

Someone who will look you in the eye and say “Whoops, my bad” is worth something more at least, than a Huck or a McCain or a Mitt (or a Palin on immigration) who says “you don’t like it? Get stuffed”…..

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:47 PM

So, while we’re stating the obvious, what’s Palin for again?

Oh yeah… immigration reform…..

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Only you could make an immigration argument in a Healthcare Mandate post.

Whats next? Gay marriage arguments in a NASA post?

portlandon on May 31, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Another day, another Hot Air thread staked out by SarahPAC…..

Who would have ever guess unseen would be here? I never would have guessed it in a million years……

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:48 PM

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:47 PM

No actually they are not worth more.

They are called panderers, or gutless if you prefer. You want to change things then you better find someone willing to stand with what they believe rather than the one who tells you… these are my principles, and if you don’t like them… well, I have others.

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 8:50 PM

promachus on May 31, 2011 at 8:32 PM

There are man’s activities that can be contributed to the issues that we’re dealing with now, these impacts. – Sarah Palin

btw… I believe in climate change..

TimeTraveler on May 31, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Only you could make an immigration argument in a Healthcare Mandate post.

Whats next? Gay marriage arguments in a NASA post?

portlandon on May 31, 2011 at 8:48 PM

You lot started in with “ooo Palin ooo” on a T-Paw thread.

I’m just pointing out there’s one screechy voice who gets an automatic pass on RINO policy, while the others get panned for the same thing.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Of course. That’s what establishment Republicans do: They look at the Democrats’ plans and say “Me, too!, Me too!”

Kafir on May 31, 2011 at 8:52 PM

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 8:50 PM

A panderer who does the right thing, is better than an arrogant ass who rams the wrong thing you know where.

It’s about time the pols started listening to the people, and if they have to change to get in line with them, well that’s better than staying stuck on stupid.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:53 PM

You lot started in with “ooo Palin ooo” on a T-Paw thread.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Translation: He touched me first, Mom! No he didn’t! Yes he did!

Grow up rightwingyahoo.

portlandon on May 31, 2011 at 8:54 PM

No, I’ll find someone who will stand with what I believe.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:54 PM

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:48 PM

It’s been a tough day for you.

katy the mean old lady on May 31, 2011 at 8:55 PM

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Panderers pander. They take the easy path and that will always be the leftward path when you are dealing with sweet rational folks like Pelosi and Reid.

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Translation: He touched me first, Mom! No he didn’t! Yes he did!

Grow up rightwingyahoo.

portlandon on May 31, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Typical Palinista, turnabout is NOT FAIR!!!!!

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:55 PM

No, I’ll find someone who will stand with what I believe.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Rightwingyahoo. Party of 3.

portlandon on May 31, 2011 at 8:56 PM

catmman on May 31, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Getting as bad? They passed that hurdle quite some time ago.

Hollowpoint on May 31, 2011 at 8:56 PM

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 8:55 PM

I’ll take my chances with them, and not with Sarah who STARTS out on the left with immigration reform.

Thanks though. Nice miss on the irony as usual.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Mitt Romney, Jon Huntsman, Tim Pawlenty….

Those are the choices folks we need to make up our minds.

TimeTraveler on May 31, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Typical Palinista, turnabout is NOT FAIR!!!!!

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Turnabout? What were you turning about? Besides going completely off topic and crying about Immigration?

portlandon on May 31, 2011 at 8:57 PM

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Also Palin on ethanol gimmes.
I’ve been a big T-Paw fan, but this looks bad.
Then again, the out-of-context quote “The era of small govt is over” looked bad, too, until you learn that he was quoting an article.
So I’m eager to see how T-Paw responds to this “scandal.”

itsnotaboutme on May 31, 2011 at 8:57 PM

I will give T-Paw a lot more wiggle room on Mandated Healthcare than Mitt Romney, the Father of ObamaCare.

portlandon on May 31, 2011 at 8:58 PM

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:56 PM

What happens when Hispanics become a must win demographic for any presidential candidate to win? the democrats waiting game.

TimeTraveler on May 31, 2011 at 8:58 PM

portlandon on May 31, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Well this is obvious. You (and Palincrue) turned the thread into another Sarah-gasm.

So I pointed out one of her flaws. Your glee turned to outrage.

You missed the irony again.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Rightwingyahoo. Party of 3.

portlandon on May 31, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Portlandmoron: Party of 1/2.

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 31, 2011 at 8:59 PM

TimeTraveler on May 31, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Both parties move way left, that’s what. Obviously. So what is your point?

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 9:00 PM

So I pointed out one of her flaws. Your glee turned to outrage.

You missed the irony again.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:59 PM

One poster here commented that Sarah Palin never backed Mandated Health coverage, and you fly off into an Immigration meltdown?

Sorry if I missed any connection.

quietly and deliberately backing away slowly from rightwingyahoo

portlandon on May 31, 2011 at 9:01 PM

catmman on May 31, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Getting as bad? They passed that hurdle quite some time ago.

Hollowpoint on May 31, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Nah.

Haven’t had any SP fans send me e-mails threatening to kill me or my family for knocking their guy.

catmman on May 31, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Limerick on May 31, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Limerick:Just remember,the hornet wagon,was a knocked up
AMC Pacer!(sarc):)

canopfor on May 31, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Portlandmoron: Party of 1/2.

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 31, 2011 at 8:59 PM

I love Uncle Sam. His nephew, not so much.

portlandon on May 31, 2011 at 9:02 PM

rickyricks here and went from healthcare to immigration. what a shock.

djohn669 on May 31, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Spinning again? It was more than one.

Don’t let that get in the way of your narrative though. It’s yours, hold on tight.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 9:03 PM

TimeTraveler on May 31, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Well we must obviously adopt the democrat plan for it. Derrr…

Wait…wasn’t this a T-Paw/Huntsman thread?

catmman on May 31, 2011 at 9:03 PM

“Romney 2012: Who are you to judge me, Medicare junkies?”

LOL.

If T-Paw & Huntsman are medicare junkies, Mitt Romney is the Pablo Escobar Drug Lord of Mandated State Healthcare.

portlandon on May 31, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Huntsman doesn’t really matter here because he is going nowhere. Not with Romney in the race.

Pawlenty seems to have more than a few skeletons in his closet and I suspect we will be seeing more of them if he gains any traction.

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 9:06 PM

catmman on May 31, 2011 at 9:01 PM

I was trashing Huckabee on a thread back in late 2007 (not on HA) and I also got an email that was ahhh, not friendly.

People want a PERSON to get behind so badly, they forget all about policy sometimes.

Christie leg humpers
Rudy freaks
Hucka-dweebs
Palin’s panters…..

It’s like a meeting of the local Hale-Bopp society.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Well we must obviously adopt the democrat plan for it. Derrr…

catmman on May 31, 2011 at 9:03 PM

WTF? When the Democrat plan amounts to “Rob Peter to pay Raul”?

How do you plan to outdo them at that game – promise more welfare money then they do?

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 31, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Spinning again? It was more than one.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 9:03 PM

The first one set you off though. Its almost Pavlovian.

Meanwhile back in the Pawlenty thread

portlandon on May 31, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Wait…wasn’t this a T-Paw/Huntsman thread?

catmman on May 31, 2011 at 9:03 PM

It was, until Palin’s Panters showed up and started shrieking…

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Man,2006 was a bad year,oy!
=============================

Pawlenty was ‘open to’ mandate, a ‘worthy goal,’ in ’06 speech
May 27, 2011
**********

Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty said in a 2006 speech that mandated health insurance was a “potentially helpful” — but incomplete — solution to the problem of the uninsured.

Pawlenty described a Massachusetts-style mandate in his speech as “a worthy goal and one that we’re
intrigued by and I think at least open to,” but suggested that the central health care problem was not forcing people to buy insurance but helping them afford it.

=================================================

Midwest States Health Reform Summit: Gov. Tim Pawlenty
Nov. 14, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Sponsored by the National Institute of Health Policy
****************************************************

Gov. Tim Pawlenty
State of Minnesota

Listen to Gov. Pawlenty’s presentation

========================================

canopfor on May 31, 2011 at 9:08 PM

I guess little Timmy really was down a well.

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 8:42 PM

If anybody is claiming that Pawlenty’s two full terms in a blue state were that of a 100% conservative who never, ever stepped off the conservative reservation, I’ve not seen them.

None of the candidates (at least those with some form of record) score a 100% on the purity test. No, not even her.

It sounds like Pawlenty flirted with the idea of mandates and a MN version of Romneycare, and MN Dems were pushing for something along those lines. The difference between Romney and Pawlenty is that Pawlenty only considered it, Romney signed it.

Hollowpoint on May 31, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Who cares what they considered? They didn’t enact anything like it. So it’s pointless to bitch about it.

therightwinger on May 31, 2011 at 9:09 PM

WTF? When the Democrat plan amounts to “Rob Peter to pay Raul”?

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 31, 2011 at 9:07 PM

He was being sarcastic.

The point is that some Rs seem as stuck on stupid re immigration as the left is.

Palin is one.

Anyway, the left has a clear goal in mind. An Electoral College lock.

What is going thru the minds of the Rs, who can say? Nothing good.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Hollowpoint on May 31, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Nobody is 100% anything. That doesn’t mean there aren’t conservative politicians and liberal ones.

Pawlenty isn’t much of a conservative one.

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Its Nominee Hunting Season,lOCK’N/LOAD!!

(Snark).

canopfor on May 31, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Hollowpoint on May 31, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Considering is not a crime. Instituting and bragging that it was one of his “greatest achievements” is another.

To me it shows Pawlenty has far better judgment than Romney.

portlandon on May 31, 2011 at 9:13 PM

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 9:00 PM

My point is amnesty is going to happen sooner or later.

TimeTraveler on May 31, 2011 at 9:15 PM

portlandon on May 31, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Or in other words, while Pawlenty merely considered a bad idea, Romney not only went through with the same bad idea, but has a trophy on the mantle in honor of it.

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 31, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Pawlenty? Huntsman? I don’t know which one’s worse…

idesign on May 31, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Pawlenty isn’t much of a conservative one.

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Fair enough. Nothing wrong with that.

The question is, which will be the most conservative going forward?

My 3 issues are immigration, cap and trade, and repeal of health care.

T-Paw is 3 for 3 so far, while Palin is 2 for 3.
Huck and Mitt are 0 for 3 and 1 for 3 (maybe)….

That makes T-Paw or Bachmann the best bet, so far.

Let us see.

Like I’ve always said, if the “dear Sarah” will pledge to enforce the immigration laws slowly over time, I’ll be more than happy to support her.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 9:16 PM

My point is amnesty is going to happen sooner or later.

TimeTraveler on May 31, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Then why would you even post on a righty blog? None of us get anything we want, if you’re right.

My point is that it should be resisted, with all our strength.

You never know what can happen when you make an effort.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Its Nominee Hunting Season,lOCK’N/LOAD!!

(Snark).

canopfor on May 31, 2011 at 9:13 PM

LOL!..And the noise will get louder!..:)

Dire Straits on May 31, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 31, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Exactly. Romney holds Romneycare up like a Gold Medal.

portlandon on May 31, 2011 at 9:19 PM

My 3 issues are immigration, cap and trade, and repeal of health care., immigration, immigration, immigration, immigration, immigration, immigration, immigration, immigration, immigration, immigration, immigration, immigration, immigration, immigration.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Fix it for you.

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Fix it for you.

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 9:19 PM

At least I can see the electoral noose the left is drawing around the country’s neck.

You’re too busy panting to even think.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 9:21 PM

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 9:21 PM

I am no supporter of amnesty but you need to get a grip.

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 9:22 PM

I am no supporter of amnesty but you need to get a grip.

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Right, you just can’t stop shrieking for a candidate who IS for amnesty.

I mean I see the logic there. Totally.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Allah is Palinite ?

William Amos on May 31, 2011 at 9:25 PM

WTF? When the Democrat plan amounts to “Rob Peter to pay Raul”?

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 31, 2011 at 9:07 PM

He was being sarcastic.

Palin is one.

Anyway, the left has a clear goal in mind. An Electoral College lock.

What is going thru the minds of the Rs, who can say? Nothing good.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Yeah, I didn’t really think I needed the sarc tag on that one…

lol

catmman on May 31, 2011 at 9:26 PM

My point is amnesty is going to happen sooner or later.

TimeTraveler on May 31, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Well, it didn’t happen with Obambi and a Democrat Congress.

Just sayin…

catmman on May 31, 2011 at 9:28 PM

My point is amnesty is going to happen sooner or later.

TimeTraveler on May 31, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Well, it didn’t happen with Obambi and a Democrat Congress.

Just sayin…

catmman on May 31, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Not even before a major election!

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread…

catmman on May 31, 2011 at 9:30 PM

So, T-Paw`s done, right?

ThePrez on May 31, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Can you be done if you never got started?

bw222 on May 31, 2011 at 9:31 PM

What, neocon Hot Air is learning that most Republicans are pretty much exactly like liberal Democrats? Wow. Brilliant.

Where will you neocons turn to then? Pawlenty, Romney, & Huntsman favor a mandate, or statism to push universal coverage, no matter the cost. Will you turn to Herman Cain or Sarah Palin, the champions of the bank bailouts? They mandated that trillions be printed, at the expense of the dollar, poor, and middle class, to prevent debt from being liquidated, only to set us up for even even bigger bust down the road. Where will you turn? They’re all statists who prop up the banking cartel and our financial and welfare ponzi schemes. They all support neverending wars that cost trillions and erode our civil liberties. (I shouldn’t have to point out the obvious parallel that Obama also supports all of these stated positions that your beloved neocon candidates support.) Where will you turn?

I have an idea. Read the damn Constitution and learn what specific powers the federal government is enumerated with. Then where and who you turn to will be obvious.

iamse7en on May 31, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Pawlenty isn’t much of a conservative one.

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Tell that to any MN Democrat. They’ll tell you that he was somewhere between GWB and Genghis Khan, slaughtering helpless children by the tens of thousands with his spending cuts as he went.

Show me a more conservative and electable candidate, and I’ll back them. For now, it’s pretty much a choice between Romney and Pawlenty in the top tier.

Hollowpoint on May 31, 2011 at 9:35 PM

iamse7en on May 31, 2011 at 9:33 PM

And with the Paultard contingent firmly established, I think this comment thread finally has everything.

catmman on May 31, 2011 at 9:36 PM

So, while we’re stating the obvious, what’s Palin for again?

Oh yeah… immigration reform…..

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 8:33 PM

I realize you are a one issue guy (and I realize that is a very important issue, but don’t be too sure. She was one of few Republicans to support Jan Brewer. She was backing McCain in 2008 and I don’t buy the BOR ambush interview you always post.

bw222 on May 31, 2011 at 9:37 PM

For now, it’s pretty much a choice between Romney and Pawlenty in the top tier.

Hollowpoint on May 31, 2011 at 9:35 PM

There’s always Obama to fall back on.

I don’t let leftist hysteria tell me who I should support or who is conservative. That should be obvious from their policy positions and more importantly their past actions while in office. I prefer the girl in the race because she has more balls than the men do.

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Hollowpoint on May 31, 2011 at 9:35 PM

PAwlenty isn’t even in tier. Lol. He’s polling somewhere around 5% in GOP polls. He’s not even electable for GOP primary, let alone national polls. Ridiculous that you’ve decided he’s electable and top tier. Lol.

promachus on May 31, 2011 at 9:44 PM

bw222 on May 31, 2011 at 9:37 PM

The one where she is constantly saying No, No, No to BOR?

Yeah, I find it less than convincing myself.

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Christie leg humpers
Rudy freaks
Hucka-dweebs
Palin’s panters…..

It’s like a meeting of the local Hale-Bopp society.

rightwingyahooo on May 31, 2011 at 9:07 PM

So who is your savior for 2012, YaHoo?

bw222 on May 31, 2011 at 9:49 PM

So who is your savior for 2012, YaHoo?

bw222 on May 31, 2011 at 9:49 PM

He thinks Pawlenty is the one.

sharrukin on May 31, 2011 at 9:51 PM

What exactly is the difference between Obama and Huntsman?

besser tot als rot on May 31, 2011 at 9:52 PM