Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:00 am on May 29, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

A toast to you OOTW voters, because now you have to pick the biggest gaffe of 2008′s the week’s entries!  It’s impossible to expect you to choose, but if you don’t, it’s all your fault.  Of course, you don’t need me to tell you that these “troubles” will occupy your time.

Previous 2011 “winners”:

Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me atobamaisms@edmorrissey.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Living in a 3 year old universe is classicly Obamanian.

I voted for mis-dating the Westminister guest book

percysunshine on May 29, 2011 at 3:22 PM

“The Jefferson’s” go to Europe…

Seven Percent Solution on May 29, 2011 at 3:26 PM

The only real possibilities for OOTW were the botched toast and the date signing. But given that the playing of the anthem may have been more the fault of the conductor than of Obama, and given the fact that the dinosaur media call Obama the supersmartiest smartypants who ever occupied the Oval Office, and given that only Obama was involved in deciding what day month and year we are presently in, and given that Obama chose to write the date European style (day month year) rather than American style (month day year), the choice for OOTW has to be the guestbook.

eaglewingz08 on May 29, 2011 at 4:52 PM

The Queen since it shows just how far out of his league he really is.

RedNewEnglander on May 29, 2011 at 6:19 PM

My head is spinning from his idiotic behavior this week. It was exhausting to keep up!

The one that sticks out the most was the toast because the optics were so good and it was caught on video, but signing ’08 either proved that the scar on his head means something or he is so conceited that ’08 will always be his year; in the end, though, I chose #1 because, after a week of being schooled by Bibi, he proved again just how much schooling he still needs.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on May 29, 2011 at 6:51 PM

It gets worse for the Queen besides the Zero toast blunder per The Telegraph report by Richard Eden where at the formal dinner at Ambassador Susman’s residence all guests were frisked for Obama’s benefit including Tom Hanks, David Beckham and the Queen’s niece. Worse yet, Zero tried to put the Queen on the spot by saying he thought she wanted to say a few words. “Oh no, not really. All I wanted to say was ‘thank you’” before quickly sitting back down. Hope your guests got “a feel” for what TSA security is like poor QE2 !

viking01 on May 29, 2011 at 6:57 PM

I went for the botched toast. I’m not a fan of royalty in general, but you don’t do that as a world leader. You pay attention to how its supposed to be done. The optimist in me says it was his bumbling buffoon side showing, but the cynic in me says it was his inner Pierre Trudeau. http://gadaf.fi/2jp

Gary's Johnson on May 29, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Gotta disagree with you guys.

The toast was by far the most visible, but other than revealing his absolute–well, amateurism–it didn’t harm any relations he hadn’t already abused.

The diss of Israel was very meaningful, but again didn’t show us anything we didn’t already know.

I chose the Rahm and Axelrod thing. I think it’s irrelevant they are both Jewish. But I think Rahm and Axelrod have given him every success his Presidency has enjoyed. Now just like Jimmy Johnson leaving the Cowboys made Jerry Jones determined to win with an inept coach [to demonstrate that the coach didn't matter], Obama wants to flaunt the advice his advisors give him in order to prove he really is more special than they know.

The wheels started coming off the Obama wagon when Rahm left. His bumbles since demonstrate his total unwillingness to heed any advice from Daley, or Daley’s unwillingness to be the Alpha to a President. If Obama doesn’t cower behind the shield Axelrod builds for him during the next campaign–if there is any separation between them at all–Sarah for one will instinctively find the opening and tear him to shreds.

Let’s hope Obama has less success on his next campaign than the Cowboys did with Switzer as coach.

rwenger43 on May 29, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Let me be clear….cheers y’all!

Tim_CA on May 30, 2011 at 6:17 PM