Clyburn: I never said the word “racism”!

posted at 9:22 am on May 27, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

James Clyburn wants a correction to the McClatchy report that quoted him as suggesting that a large component of opposition to Barack Obama’s re-election related to racism.  That’s not what the longtime member of House Democratic caucus leadership said at all, he asserted after Wednesday’s report.  In fact, he never uses the word “racism” because he abhors it.  Really.  No, really:

In a letter to the editor of The State newspaper in Clyburn’s hometown of Columbia, S.C., the No. 3 House Democrat said an article published Thursday had sensationalized his perspectives on the ties between Obama’s race and his work as president.

“I have always abhorred the word ‘racism,’ ” Clyburn said in the letter. “I never use it. I believe it is a lethal term, and I am offended that my honest responses to a reporter’s clearly designed agenda would be distorted in such a manner.”

Duly noted.  So what did Clyburn say to this agenda-driven reporter that got twisted into allegations of racism?  Well, McClatchy helpfully provides a transcript of the conversation in its follow-up report:

QUESTION: What do you think of Obama’s election prospects?

CLYBURN: I think they’re improving every day. I think the president has been a good president, a great commander in chief. I think when people allow themselves to — you know, I’m 70 years old. And I can tell you; people don’t like to deal with it, but the fact of the matter is, the president’s problems are in large measure because of his skin color. All you got to do is look at all the signs they’re carrying out there and look at the mail that I get. As I said, I’m 70 years old, I been going through this kind of stuff all my life. I know what kind of mail I get, I know what kind of phone calls I get, I know what people are saying who call the office.

QUESTION: How does that relate to the president?

CLYBURN: We have the same skin color; that’s how it relates to him.

How silly of this reporter!  Of course Clyburn meant from this musing on palettes and tone that economic malaise was Barack Obama’s biggest electoral problem.  Or perhaps these answers were meant as an allegory on the effects of shoving an unpopular health-care power grab down the throats of voters who clearly didn’t want it. It could also be a subtle hint of the anger created from Obama’s regulatory adventurism, his foreign-affairs gaffes and stumbles, or any number of other weaknesses Obama will carry into the election.

Or Clyburn could be lying through his teeth now, too, but let’s not jump to conclusions.  Let’s take a really close look at how this agenda-driven reporter framed the first question asked about Obama in the discussion, which started off with a conversation about deficit reform.  “What do you think of Obama’s election prospects?”  Obviously, this was some sort of leading question that forced Clyburn to jump immediately into a lengthy discourse on pigmentation!

What’s even more amusing is the rest of Clyburn’s complaint:

In his letter, Clyburn correctly noted that his interview hadn’t been arranged to discuss the influence of Obama’s race as the first black president.

True … and they didn’t ask Clyburn about that, either.  He couldn’t wait to volunteer racism — excuse me, skin color — as an excuse for Obama’s unpopularity.  Now Clyburn wants to pretend that the reporter played the race card, and that he was just a victim of manipulation, which is about as clear a case of projection as one can see.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Well in fairness, the final solution never actually mentioned murdering millions of people either.

It’s all in how you word things.

Bishop on May 27, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Another bigoted leftist. Nothing to see here.

CurtZHP on May 27, 2011 at 9:25 AM

May we be nearing the day his sycophants have to walk around with brown paper bags over their heads.

Marcus on May 27, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Do as I say, not as I do…

sicoit on May 27, 2011 at 9:26 AM

I’ll chalk this down to Clyburn being stupid enough to believe that people won’t believe he’s calling them racists if he dances around it, even if he’s being very ham-handed in doing so.

The man’s deck may have 52 cards but they’re all the same one when turned over… the race card.

teke184 on May 27, 2011 at 9:27 AM

Didn’t we used to have a better class of lying politicians?

rbj on May 27, 2011 at 9:29 AM

JC has the intellect of a tree stump.

my apologies to del delmonte’s tree stumps in his backyard….

ted c on May 27, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I think the president has been a good president, a great commander in chief.

Well there ya go! What else could it be?
besides, the “race” card is worn out, time to use the “skin-color” card.

cartooner on May 27, 2011 at 9:29 AM

And the Tea Partiers never said the N-word. Right, James? Right?!

Doughboy on May 27, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Well in fairness

Bishop on May 27, 2011 at 9:25 AM

RACIST!

Shy Guy on May 27, 2011 at 9:29 AM

“There once was a woman from Alaska who was thinking about running for president.”

“What?!?! I never said the name Palin!!! I don’t know how you got that from what I said!”

Abby Adams on May 27, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Marcus on May 27, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Brown paper bags…really? To avoid the clear racism intended in your comment I would suggest his sycophants walk around with white plastic bags over their heads, tied at the neck so the wind can’t blow them off.

SKYFOX on May 27, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Must suck to be a Marxist pu$$y, always having to run away from your own ideas and world view…

MNHawk on May 27, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Know that whenever a lefty pulls the race/homophobia/sexism etc. card, that you’re dealing with a simpleton who can’t and wont discuss the issue at hand.

RadClown on May 27, 2011 at 9:32 AM

It’s racist to call a racist, a racist.

Levinite on May 27, 2011 at 9:32 AM

It depends on the shade of his skin…kind of like a chameleon…sometimes it is lighter, and sometimes it is darker.
That is what he meant…
We should have a skin color naming contest.
Was he a “latte, with double cream”, or was he “expresso”…or was his policy “midnight hint”, or “black walnut”, or “burnt waffle”…maybe “undone Eggo” when it is appealing to the “white folk”.

right2bright on May 27, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Why doesn’t Clyburn practice what he preaches. Racism will be prevalent in politics until they start letting hispanics, asians and caucasians into the Congressional Black Caucus.

Tommy_G on May 27, 2011 at 9:33 AM

The worst crime of the Democrat Socialists is their deconstruction of the English language. Orwellian.

JimK on May 27, 2011 at 9:33 AM

This is what passes for an Elder Statesman in the democrat party.

Naturally Curly on May 27, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Clyburn’s “racism” is like a carpenter with only a hammer. Every problem is a nail.

GarandFan on May 27, 2011 at 9:34 AM

JC has the intellect of a tree stump.

my apologies to del delmonte’s tree stumps in his backyard….

ted c on May 27, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Tree Stumps duly note the apology.

BTW, I also have a couple of Black Walnut trees out back. That alone is proof that I’m not a r*cist!

Del Dolemonte on May 27, 2011 at 9:36 AM

So what exactly did Race Card Clyburn think he was refering to, his sun tan?

pilamaye on May 27, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Clyburn is living proof of what happens when a racist mind stops functioning on a coherent level. When you are consumed by racial hatred, as Clyburn obviously is, your relevance ceases to exit.

volsense on May 27, 2011 at 9:38 AM

“[T]he president’s problems are in large measure because of his skin color. thickness”

FIFY, James.

Mutnodjmet on May 27, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Is Comrade Barry a racist? A significant number of voters now believe so…

joe btfsplk on May 27, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Clyburn is just a race thug.

BuckeyeSam on May 27, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Clyburn’s a coward.
/Eric Holder

txhsmom on May 27, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Is Clyburn a racist? I’m absolutely sure he is.

joe btfsplk on May 27, 2011 at 9:42 AM

So what exactly did Race Card Clyburn think he was refering to, his sun tan?

pilamaye on May 27, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Obama’s opponents loathe Obama for his Hawaiin tan.

BuckeyeSam on May 27, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Wasn’t the entire South Carolina Democratic primary in 2008 based around Clyburn accusing Bill of racism? That’s what Clyburn does, we all know it, he knows it. He wields race as a tool, period.

LastRick on May 27, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Clyburn’s got a huge chip on his shoulder and the only prescription is more illogical fallacy.

RepubChica on May 27, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Seriously, Herman Cain moves into your lily-white neighborhood, and he quickly becomes the most popular guy on the block.

Clyburn moves into your neighborhood, and you’ll quickly be listing your home for sale.

The difference? Cain is a fine man. Clyburn is an a**hole.

BuckeyeSam on May 27, 2011 at 9:45 AM

These black politicians who constantly hide behind the race card have set race relations back 50 years. Now white people are starting to consider themselves the victims of the race card, and they’re right.

Keemo on May 27, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Do liberals have anything else in their arsenal besides “You’re racist” anymore? I mean…no other way to refute arguments?

search4truth on May 27, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Clyburn needs racism as a vampire needs blood.

50sGuy on May 27, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Marcus on May 27, 2011 at 9:26 AM

That’s racist!!

ProfessorMiao on May 27, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Keemo on May 27, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Before the election of the big O, race relations were pretty good for the most part. Immediately after he took office everything went downhill. And he’s not done yet.

Key West Reader on May 27, 2011 at 9:50 AM

I’m confused by this approach to labeling. Does this means it’s not racism-racism?

apostic on May 27, 2011 at 9:50 AM

From photos, I wouldn’t say Clyburn and Obama have the same skin color at all.

PersonFromPorlock on May 27, 2011 at 9:50 AM

I blame tanning salons.
Tax them..tax them all!

Electrongod on May 27, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Do I see a light at the end of this race card tunnel?

cmsinaz on May 27, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I blame tanning salons.
Tax them..tax them all!

Electrongod on May 27, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Charlie Crist hardest hit.

bigmacdaddy on May 27, 2011 at 9:56 AM

“I have always abhorred the word ‘racism,’” but I will call anyone a ‘racist’ at the drop of a hat… It’s entirely a different word and one that aptly describes anyone who disagrees with the President who happens to have “same skin color” as me… lol

Fallon on May 27, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Do I see a light at the end of this race card tunnel?

cmsinaz on May 27, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Nope. I think they’re going to keep swiping it even after the limit has been reached and breached.

As that Daily Show skit goes… *swipe* *BUZZ* “Sheeeee-it!”

teke184 on May 27, 2011 at 9:56 AM

SKYFOX on May 27, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Ahahahaha now THAT is my laugh of the day. Genius, sir or ma’am, pure genius.

inviolet on May 27, 2011 at 9:57 AM

His skin is the problem. Not the color of his skin, but the thinness of it.

vcferlita on May 27, 2011 at 9:57 AM

I am so sick of this crap.

If Herman Cain were the candidate, he’d have my vote. Period. Not because he’s black but because he’s conservative, and I’m more in line with his politics, than Obamas. PERIOD!!!

I didn’t like Clinton or Carter either because of their policies. They were psuedo socialists…or socialists lite. So I didn’t vote for them. End of story!

Knock off the racism crap. It’s just getting old, tired, and no one’s buying it anymore.

capejasmine on May 27, 2011 at 10:00 AM

*sigh*
Thanks teke….dang it

Folks have to bloody grow up

cmsinaz on May 27, 2011 at 10:00 AM

This man named his daughter after a cut of meat. Her name is Mignon Clyburn. I’m not kidding.

SouthernGent on May 27, 2011 at 10:02 AM

SouthernGent on May 27, 2011 at 10:02 AM

LOL

Sorta like Alan Grayson naming all his kids after trees and stuff.

Key West Reader on May 27, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Naw, he was just using his DNC-issued dog whistle.

obladioblada on May 27, 2011 at 10:08 AM

The whole crowd is lying, delusional.

paul1149 on May 27, 2011 at 10:08 AM

I am seeing a pattern in today’s world… Liberals say skin color as opposed to being racist and it somehow means something else entirely.

But, some nutty reporter said calling Obama a socialist is racist. I can’t remember the exact time or reporter, but I emailed the guy and he replied.

The wacko (and I truly mean wacko/crazy/lunatic) black guy on Survivor this past season flipped out because someone called him crazy. He claimed it was because he was black. If you saw the guy you know he was nuts. He also claimed he was an ex-federal agent, like every 5 min.

Newt said Obama is the food stamp president, the liberals cry racism.

Apprently, they will stretch and distort whatever they can to claim Liberals are being racist but then when they are blunt, they think they are being clever somehow.

jeffn21 on May 27, 2011 at 10:11 AM

I blame tanning salons.
Tax them..tax them all!

Electrongod on May 27, 2011 at 9:51 AM

The Pres is one step ahead of you. Obamacare does tax them. A 10% sales tax.

strictnein on May 27, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Do I see a light at the end of this race card tunnel?

cmsinaz on May 27, 2011 at 9:53 AM

You won’t see any light until long after 2013. Be prepared to hear this narrative through out this election cycle. And the liberal media will use this shameful tool to the full extent to protect their “investment”. Clyburn is a perfect example of what we will all hear for the next year and a half. Obama’s performance as a President is dismal, (and he must be defeated), but we’ve seen nothing yet from the liberal media who will practice gutter journalism to insure an Obama victory—this is only the beginning.

Rovin on May 27, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Obamacare does tax them. A 10% sales tax.

strictnein on May 27, 2011 at 10:11 AM

AKA – The Snookie tax.

Fallon on May 27, 2011 at 10:15 AM

True … and they didn’t ask Clyburn about that, either. He couldn’t wait to volunteer racism — excuse me, skin color — as an excuse for Obama’s unpopularity. Now Clyburn wants to pretend that the reporter played the race card, and that he was just a victim of manipulation, which is about as clear a case of projection as one can see.

Victim methodology is strong in this one :) If the problem is Obama’s skin color, how did Obama ever get elected President in the first place? Clyburn just because Barack Hussein Obama is President of the United States, and Leader of the Free World doesn’t mean he’s not a victim of whitey….Oh no that means that half of Obama’s family is victimizing him -seeing how Obama’s Mom is Caucasian. But Clyburn wants everyone to know it can’t be the progressive, social justice, wealth redistributing agenda that Obama is shoving down everyone’s throats…….pseudo socialism, crony capitalism aka corporatism Nope the problem everyone has is the color of Obama’s skin display. Cylburn can lie and delude himself all day, but Obama’s mother God Rest Her Soul was white. “The Hand That Rocks The Cradle Rules The World”

Who was it that molded the current President of the United States into the man he is today? Not James Clyburn and his victimology philosophy – his mother wouldn’t allow him to behave like a victim. The American People are responding to the life philosophy Barack was raised with. It was rejected in November of 2010, and I suspect it will be rejected again in November 2012, it has nothing to do with the “wrapper” he came into the world with.

Dr Evil on May 27, 2011 at 10:15 AM

McClatchy was properly called out by Clyburn. Clyburn wasn’t playing the racecard. He was just saying that people speak ill of Obama because (you know Clyburn is 70 years old) they think his policies are unamerican and that he is leading this country into ruin.

shick on May 27, 2011 at 10:16 AM

“Economic malaise” is the new lefty dog-whistle for racism. They won’t flat out call Obama critics racists, instead they will say that a ‘bad economy creates fear of the other’. In other words, racism.

We can only hope all this racism talk backfires on them in the election. If it does, they will of course blame it on…. :D

Go RBNY on May 27, 2011 at 10:17 AM

I am almost certain that Clyburn is in fact, mentally retarded to some degree beyond normal intellectual function. And I truly believe that Democrats who point to criticism of this imbecile as evidence of racism are in fact racists themselves.

Jaibones on May 27, 2011 at 10:19 AM

How do people who are being judged by the color of their skin get voted into the highest position of government?

shick on May 27, 2011 at 10:19 AM

What signs? Let’s see the mail. If what he said wasn’t about racism (?), than show us the stuff that is because I know I’m confused.

Cindy Munford on May 27, 2011 at 10:20 AM

You’re right Rovin….just tired of this crapola

Was hoping the lsm was catching a clue but alas I’m mistaken

cmsinaz on May 27, 2011 at 10:21 AM

been going through this kind of stuff all my life.

Maybe he’s just been going through this kind of stuff because he’s just plain stupid.

shick on May 27, 2011 at 10:22 AM

I can’t stand Maple Leaf flag waving, hockey watching, butter-tart eating, flannel-jacket wearing, northern dwellers.

Whoa there partner I said nothing about Canadians.

Greek Fire on May 27, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Whoa there partner I said nothing about Canadians.

Greek Fire on May 27, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Syrup guzzling, olympic curling, pinko beer ho’ers, ….oh yeah what Clyburn said, it’s totally about Obama’s skin color/

Dr Evil on May 27, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Clyburn is one of the biggest liars and racists in DC. He’ll pull out the race card faster than Bret Maverick can pull the ace of spades. If he was from a different district, he would never be elected. I think that may be racist.

ultracon on May 27, 2011 at 10:35 AM

LMAO. I put over-under on you-tubes of Clyburn using the term at 5 by tomorrow.

Dusty on May 27, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Hey, Clyburn never used the word “racism” in these instances either. So everything’s cool.

When South Carolina’s Republican governor Mark Sanford formally rejected federal earmarks for his state early last year, Clyburn alleged that Sanford was a racially insensitive elitist: “He [Sanford] happens to be a millionaire. He may not need help for the plantation his family owns, but the people whose grandparents and great-grandparents worked those plantations need the help.”

In February 2009, Clyburn offered this assessment of why Sanford and three other southern white governors were opposing President Obama’s $787 billion stimulus package: “The governor of Louisiana expressed opposition. [Louisiana] has the highest African-American population in the country. Governor of Mississippi expressed opposition. The governor of Texas, and the governor of South Carolina. These four governors represent states that are in the black belt. I was insulted by that. All of this was a slap in the face of African-Americans.”

In March 2009, when Governor Sanford compared Obama’s massive stimulus spending to the disastrous fiscal policies of Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe, Clyburn characterized the governor’s remarks as “beyond the pale.” When reporters subsequently asked Clyburn if his use of that phrase was intended to imply that Sanford’s comments had racial overtones, the congressman replied: “I’m sure he would not say that, but how did he get to Zimbabwe? What took the man to Zimbabwe? Someone should ask him if that’s really the best comparison.… How can he compare this country’s situation to Zimbabwe?”

After Rep. Joe Wilson infamously shouted “You lie!” during President Obama’s September 9, 2009 address outlining his healthcare-reform proposal to a joint session of Congress, Clyburn again sniffed the pungent stench of racism. Claiming that he had always tried to “look past” Wilson’s “membership in some groups that call into question his feelings about his whole notion of white supremacy,” Clyburn said: “Joe Wilson has worked very hard to cultivate a sort of choir-boy image, but I think that most people realize that there’s something else going on with him.”

In Clyburn’s calculus, even a refusal to dutifully swallow the fantasy of manmade global warming qualifies as evidence of racism because, as the congressman explains, “African-Americans are disproportionately impacted by the effects of climate change economically, socially and through our health and well-being.”

RadClown on May 27, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Ahahahaha now THAT is my laugh of the day. Genius, sir or ma’am, pure genius.

inviolet on May 27, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Thank you for the compliment and most days it’s “sir”.

SKYFOX on May 27, 2011 at 10:39 AM

We need a mandatory retirement age for senators and congress-psople… say 1 term after they’re elected, or 60, whichever comes first. Clyburn is a good example of why this is needed.

sadatoni on May 27, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Clyburn sounds like a clown troll

faraway on May 27, 2011 at 10:47 AM

James Clyburn is not clever. He’s just another race shill with nothing of substance to offer. Poor man. The idiots who continue to vote for him deserve what they get.

CantCureStupid on May 27, 2011 at 10:48 AM

This is “meaning of is, is” stuff, without Clyburn being on the stand.

He’s spent his political life playing the identity politics game, and thinks that by saying Obama’s skin color is the motivating factor in criticism doesn’t equal racism?

Please…That’s like calling a tax increase a reduction in tax code spending. Oh, wait…

RocketmanBob on May 27, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Clyburn = Race-baiting, semi-literate Dope.

Tim_CA on May 27, 2011 at 11:04 AM

How much racism is thrown at Obama’s white half?

docflash on May 27, 2011 at 11:14 AM

So it’s not racist to judge people on the color of their skin? Cool!!

exhelodrvr on May 27, 2011 at 11:23 AM

How much racism is thrown at Obama’s white half?

docflash on May 27, 2011 at 11:14 AM

That’s my point why do Black politicians ignore the President’s mother – given his father’s abandonment Ann Dunham would have been the parent that molded her son. It’s telling that Clyburn only identifies the President by the display of his skin color. The only thing Clyburn recognizes is the President’s skin color? So this is the only criteria anyone needs to take into account when voting? Really? Forget any civics lesson you ever took – only vote for people who share your skin display?

Dr Evil on May 27, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Vote for Sarah Palin and be called a racist one more time, vote for Obama and be called a racist for 4 more years.

bflat879 on May 27, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Del Dolemonte on May 27, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Uh oh. I once cut down a black walnut in the back yard ….

CJ on May 27, 2011 at 11:44 AM

If not for ‘skin-colorism’ this fool would never have been elected. His intellect qualifies him for no more than a McDonald’s shift-manager, if that.

slickwillie2001 on May 27, 2011 at 11:47 AM

How much racism is thrown at Obama’s white half?

docflash on May 27, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Dr Evil on May 27, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Tx, docflash and Dr. Evil. Been wondering the same thing since BHO first appeared on the presidential scene.

GrannyDee on May 27, 2011 at 11:53 AM

It depends on what the definition of “if” is.

csdeven on May 27, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Del Dolemonte on May 27, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Are those walnut trees free to come and go as they please? Do you compensate them for their labor and fruit?

Slave owner.

BobMbx on May 27, 2011 at 11:56 AM

right2bright on May 27, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Skin tone racism does exist in the black community.

csdeven on May 27, 2011 at 12:01 PM

I saw a comedy bit that Carlos Mencia did just after the election. He said that all Americans can now carry around the Barack Obama card to trump the race card whenever it was played against them. It was hilarious.

csdeven on May 27, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Clyburn has lots of weird ideas. His last great pronouncement was a suggestion assertion that all members of Congress should have round the clock security details on the taxpayer dime. Obviously the further away from his electorate he is, the more comfortable he feels.
He is running a close second to John Conyers as the most irrelevant member of the black not-white-skin-color caucus in the House.

ExpressoBold on May 27, 2011 at 12:08 PM

What’s black and white and red all over? President Obama. Oops, is that racist?
Clyburn is a racial arsonist like Farrakkkhan and Sharpton and Jackson, and David Duke. It’s hard to choose which was worse the original comments or his rationalizations or excuses to try to walk it back.

eaglewingz08 on May 27, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Obama and Dems, IMHO – are in for a big “racism” surprise over the next 18 months…. no ones buying it anymore.

Dont get me wrong – they have gotten 50+ years of mileage, including blackmail, riots, AA policies that strive for the worst; but nope, not now.

Add in 2 prominent black men – West and Cain – and the “image” alone of Reps being awful racists… looses its luster; coupled with Obama’s dismal performance – yeah keep claiming and calling non blacks racists – the guilt worked in 2008 – aint gonna happen again.

Odie1941 on May 27, 2011 at 12:26 PM

So Clyburn is 70 years old… and still living in 1968.

RebeccaH on May 27, 2011 at 12:35 PM

He brought up the color of skin. Either it is racism or he is saying is less qualified because of his color.

cat-scratch on May 27, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Didn’t you all know that the skin tone of cafe au lait incites people to acts of disdain, criticism and argument?

Although Clyburn has a little less au lait in him than O does.

Let’s see, was that raaaaacist?

If so, I denounce myself and will report to the nearest re-education camp immediately.

jcw46 on May 27, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Well there ya go! What else could it be?
besides, the “race” card is worn out, time to use the “skin-color” card.

cartooner on May 27, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I’m fully on board. Politicians with orange-colored skin don’t get my vote.

unclesmrgol on May 27, 2011 at 1:06 PM

From photos, I wouldn’t say Clyburn and Obama have the same skin color at all.

PersonFromPorlock on May 27, 2011 at 9:50 AM

lol

RepubChica on May 27, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Bald-faced lying sack of crap.

moochy on May 27, 2011 at 1:34 PM

SouthernGent on May 27, 2011 at 10:02 AM

This speaks to me earlier assertion that he is actually retarded. And speaks loudly.

Jaibones on May 27, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Clyburn is a dummy, as is Obama.

Schadenfreude on May 27, 2011 at 2:26 PM

MLK weeps in his grave.

Schadenfreude on May 27, 2011 at 2:27 PM

He really doesn’t help Obama’s cause – this isn’t how you woo Independents or Moderates, insinuating they are consciously or unconsciously racist. It’s a kind of guilt trip if you weren’t even considering his argument he’s now stuck it in your head. I don’t respond to guilt trips or subliminal brainwashing LOL!

Dr Evil on May 27, 2011 at 2:32 PM