The strange scoop at Daily Caller

posted at 10:02 am on May 24, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

Call it … vaguely Shakespearean.  The Daily Caller’s Jonathan Strong reports today on a string of direct messages on Twitter from the account of Sarah Palin spokesperson Rebecca Mansour that is filled with the unguarded opinions of … Rebecca Mansour.  There’s no denying a certain voyeuristic intrigue of looking in someone else’s mailbox, but in the end, it’s hardly a journalistic scoop to find out that one of the top aides to one potential candidate doesn’t think much of the other candidates or those who criticize her boss.  The piece is almost literally filled with sound and fury that signifies … nothing at all:

A series of messages forwarded to The Daily Caller show a top aide to former Alaska Gov. and possible presidential candidate Sarah Palin mocking top political figures and even her boss’s own daughter, Bristol Palin.

Red State Editor-in-Chief and CNN contributor Erick Erickson is “a total douchebag,” wrote Palin speechwriter and domestic policy adviser Rebecca Mansour in a May 22, 2010, message. “Greasy dumb ass with a talent for self-promotion. He threw himself in at the Gov’s SC rally. Self-promotion.” (Erickson said South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley invited him to the rally).

I guess this would be a scoop if Rebecca was running for the presidency.  Since she’s not, it’s more of an oversold “meh.”  Even the messages about Bristol Palin are less than advertised.  Mansour was responding at the time to the announcement that Bristol and Levi Johnston had decided to get married, an announcement that certainly caused heads to snap in more places than Palin Central.

Also, these messages were not intended for public consumption.  Whoever turned over these messages to Strong had Mansour’s trust, at least at one time.  I suspect that Mansour has learned a lesson about supposedly private communications in the political world, but that’s about the biggest news scoop in this story.  Otherwise, the messages themselves are little more than gossipy, transient thoughts.

I asked Jonathan Strong, whose work I normally like, to comment on the story, and he responded:

The messages reveal information about Palin’s political plans and interaction with other campaigns, and also show the judgement of one of her top aides, and by extension, Palin herself. They show a Palin aide leaking damaging information about an enemy in the media. They’re also of interest to readers, who can judge for themselves how well Palin is being served by her staff.

Well, having been around a few election cycles, I can attest that every campaign likes to push negative information about their opponents.  I’ve probably received a couple of those types of messages already this morning, and I’m sure I’ll get more by the end of the day, too.  “Leaking damaging information” is what they do.  Being shocked by that, or even considering it news, is approaching Captain Louis Renault territory.

Judgment, of course, is a different matter.  Clearly Mansour chose to trust the wrong person in this instance.  And if Rebecca was running for President or Congress, that might be a story.  This is only pertinent to whomever might consider Mansour for her next position.

Note: I want to add that I’ve been in contact with Rebecca for at least a couple of years and she has always handled communications professionally with me, for whatever that’s worth.

Update: Ben Smith at Politico reports that someone has been attempting to peddle these messages for a few months, although in the end, it appears that no money changed hands.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

It isn’t just one guy anymore.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 10:55 AM

You smack of someone who wants to be “in”, yet you have no real knowledge, just innuendos.
Several times people have asked for backup on your claims, and you have refused.
Really, don’t you think you have embarrassed yourself enough for one day?

right2bright on May 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM

I’m surprised that Tucker Carlson would green light something like this.

They must be getting desperate for hits over at what was billed to become the right-wing HuffPo…

RocketmanBob on May 24, 2011 at 11:12 AM

They’re probably a stalking horse for some candidate, we’ll figure out who to stop that one.

the_nile on May 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM

And who are you talking about when you say “people who were once loyal to her”? What people? Do you have proof the person who leaked Mansour’s statements was someone Palin knew and was at one time loyal to her?

Redneck Woman on May 24, 2011 at 11:10 AM

The other person… the one who isn’t named is obiviously a person who was with Palin’s team in 2010.

And the Bailey book is out today.

By the way. Is unseen, Mansour? The tactics described sound exactly like how the supporters her react.

They keep files of past statements, they spam the polls, they have a ready file of “her record”, they isolate and try to push people out. I find that description of Palin’s strategy to be a very accurate account of what I have experienced.

I read a couple of articles this morning about this. For example: the neighbor who didn’t like the increased traffic on his street, and complained… that is exactly how the Hot Air devotees act. Exactly, right down to the name calling.

Small slights are the biggest offenses and require a gang attack. My experience to a T.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Err… Sponge… RAM didn’t speak like this in public.

Your righteous indignation is misplaced.

powerpro on May 24, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Says a supporter of the woman who has to wait out the stature of limitations…

You can thank me later.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 9:44 AM

This is from another Plain thread today, making accusations she can’t back up…just another Palin hater trying to ply their trade…please, go back to Media Matters and learn how to troll properly…

right2bright on May 24, 2011 at 11:21 AM

If we dealt with backstabbers like the left did, there would be very few turncoats.

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 24, 2011 at 11:13 AM

It was a rhetorical statement, kinda.

Lanceman on May 24, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Really, don’t you think you have embarrassed yourself enough for one day?

right2bright on May 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM

the_nile on May 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Back up for my claims.

This is an opinion place, people are not required to justify their opinions… yet you want proof!

What is wrong with you people?

I want proof that Romney’s name is really Mittens! You never back up your claims….

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:23 AM

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM

No, you make accusations, as noted in my previous post, and don’t back it up with any facts, links, or real quotes…you are just here to hate Palin, and you are not very good at it.
Now try to attack someone with substance, instead of the veiled statements.

Yeah, it’s the other person, good ol what’s his name…

right2bright on May 24, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Seriously petunia.

What brand of glue do you sniff?

powerpro on May 24, 2011 at 11:24 AM

The fact that this stuff is now public knowledge she does not back-stab others through surrogates like Mitt, does prove that Palin does not run a tight well managed ship.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 10:55 AM

bw222 on May 24, 2011 at 11:25 AM

In the fight for big government and crony capitalism , nothing will be spared.

the_nile on May 24, 2011 at 11:07 AM

I’d say it goes beyond that to just a little easy money and maybe some reality TV type fame.

A sick society we live in.

MNHawk on May 24, 2011 at 11:26 AM

OF COURSE this is an issue. It wasn’t Palin herself, but she apparently hires top aides who act like teen-aged idiots. That would be a problem with any other candidate if this wasn’t the Sarah-messiah.

TheBlueSite on May 24, 2011 at 10:28 AM

1. All political staffs act like teenage idiots.

2. You are right. When Mitt’s staff gets caught being nasty, (which has happened a few times now) it is bad.

I condemn Monsour’s ability to make her boss look bad, by being catty and nasty.

portlandon on May 24, 2011 at 11:26 AM

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Then freaking leave! Go tend cactii in your damned garden! YOU are the one constantly getting into everything Palin here at HA. And YOU will never change anyone’s opinion.

Lanceman on May 24, 2011 at 11:26 AM

powerpro on May 24, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Lay off my buddy Petunia. Just because she is semi-literate doesn’t mean she isn’t a Phi Beta Kappa.

bw222 on May 24, 2011 at 11:27 AM

What is wrong with you people?

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Your last name wouldn’t be Queeg, would it?

kingsjester on May 24, 2011 at 11:28 AM

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Well that’s real bright, you accuse someone of “the woman who has to wait out the stature statute of limitations”, with no back up, and relate that to calling someone a nickname…you are f’in brilliant, keep posting.

right2bright on May 24, 2011 at 11:29 AM

So you’re saying that it’s just like the speculation about SP running for the nomination?

MJBrutus on May 24, 2011 at 11:29 AM

It was a rhetorical statement, kinda.

Lanceman on May 24, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Whups.

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 24, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Lanceman on May 24, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Shut up, he explained, like the good Palian that he is.

MJBrutus on May 24, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Putting aside the unethical aspect of releasing Mansour’s comments, it does nothing to improve her reputation, or that of Palin’s for hiring such an inexperienced, er, rogue, spokesperson.

Ha! First: Pot meet Kettle. Second, Mitt must send subliminal astro-turfed messages to me in my sleep because I, for one, have never been told what to say by anyone – not in his campaign, nor by anyone else, anywhere on the planet. The same goes for any comments I make regarding any other candidate (whether they be favorable or unfavorable) including but not limited to Pawlenty, Guiliani, Cain, Palin, Bachmann, or Trump.

Buy Danish on May 24, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Back up for my claims.

What is wrong with you people?

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:23 AM

What , have you been sniffing glue or smoking plastic.

the_nile on May 24, 2011 at 11:31 AM

MJBrutus on May 24, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Wonderful, petrollia. You’ve attracted the KozKids.

Lanceman on May 24, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Shut up, he explained, like the good Palian that he is.

MJBrutus on May 24, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Howdy, KosKid. Come to disrupt another thread, I see.

kingsjester on May 24, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Politico reported that the DC’s anonymous source tried to sell them these messages earlier. What if the source’s primary intent was to set up and provoke Mansour, for his profit? The DC and Strong need to release the source’s messages to Mansour, so that we know full context of their conversation. Until then, this story has no credibility IMHO.

GrannySunni on May 24, 2011 at 11:32 AM

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM

How so?

Dunno which twitter account was used, but RAM’s account follows 300+ and has 3000+ followers.

Don’t think all those are on “Palin’s team…”

cs89 on May 24, 2011 at 11:35 AM

MJBrutus on May 24, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Speculation? Well, that Daniels run sure turned out to be.

Kataklysmic on May 24, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Shut up, he explained, like the good Palian that he is.

MJBrutus on May 24, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Howdy, KosKid. Come to disrupt another thread, I see.

kingsjester on May 24, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Brutus, humm, It could be Andrew Sullivan!

idesign on May 24, 2011 at 11:36 AM

MJBrutus on May 24, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Brilliant, f’in brilliant, now we have two, they must be breeding…

right2bright on May 24, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Don’t think all those are on “Palin’s team…”

cs89 on May 24, 2011 at 11:35 AM

She won’t have a logical answer, it is useless…she is a drive by…

right2bright on May 24, 2011 at 11:39 AM

It’s times like this I begin to miss crappyfeet.

Lanceman on May 24, 2011 at 11:40 AM

TheBlueSite on May 24, 2011 at 10:55 AM

I’ll tell you what: I’ll give you a chance to prove that this is a big deal. Find me one HA commenter who was previously positively disposed to Palin (someone who had made a positive comment about her here in the past 90 days) who has now changed their opinion of her becasue of this story.

Kataklysmic on May 24, 2011 at 11:09 AM

I can tell you that 6 months ago I would have defended Palin over this.

Now I just believe the worst.

Because the description of her methods and attitudes toward others? This is exactly how I have been treated by her supporters.

Before I started coming to Hot Air again, even if I didn’t think she was qualified to be President. I still thought she was getting a bad deal with the press.

Now,these descriptions of how she operates is the truth that I have experienced.

And I think some of her campaign people come here and follow her lead and try to destroy other candidates and commenters. They are far too ready with the quotes and the files, they aren’t just normal people discussing politics.

The Alinsky tactics happen everyday just as described.

It is more believable that these tactics are set at the top.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Red State Editor-in-Chief and CNN contributor Erick Erickson is “a total douchebag”

As always, the liberal media lag media get their “scoops” years behind the rest of us.

logis on May 24, 2011 at 11:43 AM

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Moby, try harder.

the_nile on May 24, 2011 at 11:44 AM

right2bright on May 24, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Be cause normal people don’t remember every slight off the top of their heads, or keep the bad things people say in files!

That was the only thing I could think of… because I am not emotionally involved. What is said isn’t worth the virtural space it is said on.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:44 AM

The Alinsky tactics happen everyday just as described.

It is more believable that these tactics are set at the top.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:40 AM

You may have a point.

So, do your handlers call you? They apparently can’t tweet you, as you don’t seem to understand how that works…

/s

cs89 on May 24, 2011 at 11:47 AM

I can tell you that 6 months ago I would have defended Palin over this.
petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Har, har, har. Concern troll with historic but sundered allegiance to Palin is now lamentably concerned. It’s gone threadbare, sweetheart.

There is nothing “Alinsky” about a tough-cookie political aide who feels righteous contempt for those trying to destroy her candidate. It’s called politics.

rrpjr on May 24, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Yeah, it’s the other person, good ol what’s his name…

right2bright on May 24, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Did you read the article? One side of a long standing conversation was given… it was Mansour. The other person is un-named. And suposedly the leaker, or whistle blower, depending on your point of view.

And Mansour trusted them… she says so over and over.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:48 AM

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Oh, you are most definitely “emotionally involved”.

Just listen to yourself, all butthurt for days on end about some anonymous pixels on a webpage.

You are emotionally involved, very much so.

Too much upsets you and and sets you off whining and complaining for hours on end about how victimized you are to not be emotionally involved.

It is obvious.

Brian1972 on May 24, 2011 at 11:49 AM

rrpjr on May 24, 2011 at 11:48 AM

One of the articles I read this morning quoted an aide that they used Alinsky tactics… which I have noticed before among the Palin supporters… and commented on.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:50 AM

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Than why post something you have no knowledge of…you have no idea whether it is right or wrong, and in fact because there is no link or fact associated, it is wrong.
Yet you still post it…so now the question still has to be answered.
What “statute of limitations” are you talking about, what has she been convicted of?
If you don’t have the answer, apologize, ask for forgiveness and learn to be more honest in your postings.
I quoted you, it is not a matter of “knowing every detail”, it is posting what is true and accurate and be prepared to back it up…otherwise it is just a lie, a shtick, a provocative statement with no facts, a guess, or more than likely you pulled it out of your @ss because it fits some template you have created in your mind.
We will await your apology for mis-posting…

right2bright on May 24, 2011 at 11:51 AM

And Mansour trusted them… she says so over and over.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Maybe it’s Sarah Palin leaking this, to destroy the world!!!

the_nile on May 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Kataklysmic on May 24, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Do you have a point, or are you just gloating? Oh and BTW, while I hoped that Daniels would run, I never predicted he would.

MJBrutus on May 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:50 AM

A smokescreen to hide your allegations that you can’t back up…

right2bright on May 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:44 AM

I am super human. With a good memory.

Exhibit A of Petunia’s spittle covered Palin hate:

She does not walk on water either.

And I think she is weird.

Your devotion to Palin is sick, by the way.

But your infatuation with her has blinded you to her flaws.

I can’t imagine how someone with her lack of experience in everything is going to do any better than Obama is doing in foreign policy!

She hates people who know anything about anything.

She has a blind spot to thinking people who have experience or education

You have not a shred of love for this country.

I don’t see Palin as all that honest either really. I don’t even like her well enough to track all the stuff.

But I remember she was pretty dishonest

I don’t know that I’d buy a car from her.

I can’t imagine how she seems so honest to you.

I think you all must feel sorry for her. Like she’s the ugly duckling running for homecomming queen. I really don’t understand why people are so nuts for her. She is nothing special.

She doesn’t even try to educate herself.

Having her in the Whitehouse would be such a circus.

I do truly think that many of you do not see Sarah Palin.

Link

Petunia has a long history here at HotAir of being a Romney shill/ victim. She loves to drop in to a Palin thread, draw attention to herself, get people to point out her hatred, and than cry because she got treated like a Pinata.

Petunia is an exhibitionist of the worst kind. She love attention because she lacks it in the real world.

portlandon on May 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM

portlandon on May 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Maybe because she won’t shut up in RL either?

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 24, 2011 at 11:55 AM

right2bright: I believe Petunia is referring to the oft-stated claim here that Palin must wait a certain time after leaving the AK governorship before declaring for another office, to avoid possible ethics complaints.

It’s not a statute of limitations, but I think that the concept certainly fits.

Scott H on May 24, 2011 at 11:56 AM

portlandon on May 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Why do I keep flashing on Aunt Edna from Vacation?

Lanceman on May 24, 2011 at 11:56 AM

rrpjr on May 24, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Yeah, concern troll! Think like us and love Palin, or get the hell out! Don’t you dare try to ensure that Obama doesn’t get a second term unless it’s by signing up on the dotted line for the I love sarahcuda fan club.

portlandon on May 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM

And because you disagree…I’m going to creepily search down 1, 000 comments you made that I found anti-Palin on this site here.

Take that!

TheBlueSite on May 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM

MJBrutus on May 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM

I’m just giving you a hard time. Though I’m a Palin supporter, Pawlenty is currently 2nd on my list. I would assume your support now switches to him? Correct me if I’m wrong.

Kataklysmic on May 24, 2011 at 11:58 AM

portlandon on May 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM

But! But! But!

She just misunderstood!

( Great takedown, BTW. I think I need a cigarette )

turfmann on May 24, 2011 at 11:58 AM

The Alinsky tactics happen everyday just as described.

It is more believable that these tactics are set at the top.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:40 AM

So what you’re saying is you’ve never read anything Saul Alinsky’s written beyond what’s been printed on the screen on various Fox News programs?

‘Cuda’s methods have much more in common with Robert Greene’s series on amoral tactics, specifically the original one, Power and about six of its specific laws. Although Alinsky would admire a few entry-level tactics Gov. Palin used early on, his way is not her way regarding strategic thinking, even when one puts politics aside (and no, as popular as Sarah Palin is in some circles, she and her supperters, myself among them, are not powerful enough to freeze, isolate and ridicule Pres. Obama to the effect Alinsky refers).

/Cuda12

elcapt on May 24, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Take that!

TheBlueSite on May 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Yeah. You really hammered him, Sprite.

Lanceman on May 24, 2011 at 12:00 PM

TheBlueSite: petunia is a known quantity regarding Palin. Whether she is justified in her brittleness is not something I can comment on.

I find it interesting that many here do not seem to think that normal people should be held accountable for their statements, and yet candidates for office should be held accountable. If you do not hold normal people accountable, you have no grounds for holding candidates, either.

Scott H on May 24, 2011 at 12:00 PM

But! But! But!

She just misunderstood!

( Great takedown, BTW. I think I need a cigarette )

turfmann on May 24, 2011 at 11:58 AM

This list has been posted at least once a week since February 14.

So if by take down you mean the same old drivel the hasn’t worked for 3-4 months… enjoy the cigarette… those things will kill you…

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Kataklysmic on May 24, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Gloating it is then :-) Yeah, T-Paw is my guy now, reluctantly.

MJBrutus on May 24, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Take that!

TheBlueSite on May 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM

What is creepy? We are all anonymous here. The only way we have to keep other accountable at HotAir is by the statements made here at HotAir.

If commenters constantly complain of being attacked, than I offer proof that that person is a known trasher and hater.

What is wrong with some accountability?

portlandon on May 24, 2011 at 12:04 PM

TheBlueSite on May 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I’m holding and playing a tiny little violin for you.

Hear its sad, sad song?

powerpro on May 24, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Gloating it is then :-) Yeah, T-Paw is my guy now, reluctantly.

MJBrutus on May 24, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Come on Bruti, you know if Palin announces she isn’t running, you are going to be here with bells on. And in that event, you and I (and probably many other ‘Nistas) will all be in the same camp at that point. Scary thought, eh?

Kataklysmic on May 24, 2011 at 12:05 PM

/Cuda12

elcapt on May 24, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Palin and your target is not Obama it is anyone who doesn’t admire and adore her.

And the Republican Party.

And only Palin followers try to duplicate the behavior of Alinsky… I’ve seen them also quote The Art of War.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 12:06 PM

portlandon on May 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM

My powers of deduction are beginning to wonder if petunia and JetBoy are the same person. Come to think of it, JetBoy was whining earlier, then when he disappeared petunia showed up…hmmmmm.

miConsevative on May 24, 2011 at 12:06 PM

portlandon on May 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Wow! You’ve got your very own stalker Petunia! He must have been working on that list for some time. I’ll bet it took hours to put together. I hope you’re feeling honored that someone would make such an effort to hang on your every word and compile such a list for you.

MJBrutus on May 24, 2011 at 12:06 PM

MJBrutus on May 24, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Not stalker. Just a way to get these people who use the same tactics over and over and over again to shut it. I’ve done the same with another poster and it was quite easy – took about 10 mins but works wonders as a repellent when his usual MO comes into play.

miConsevative on May 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM

“Mitt Romney supporters are “wacky as hell,” Mansour wrote, but usually Romney’s presence online is just an “AstroTurf brigade.”

Oh my we aren’t the only ones reading these threads GRIN.

Mittwitts you be-clown yourselves.

Dr Evil on May 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM

What is wrong with you people?
petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:23 AM

I used to think you were just too nice—no fire in the belly calling out the bad guys. Now I’m starting to think you are just AnninCA’s alter ego.
Yes this is an opinion forum but I usually like to understand why and how a poster formulated that opinion.
I also think people can be favorably disposed towards Palin w/out them being marked as rabid cult followers.

arnold ziffel on May 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM

It’s not a statute of limitations, but I think that the concept certainly fits.

Scott H on May 24, 2011 at 11:56 AM

That is right, but what prompted the statement was how everyone is afraid of Palin because she is going to end corruption in Washington.

Imagine if I said Hillary Clinton can’t get in the race yet because the statute of limitations hasn’t run out on the Vince Foster suicide…

Does that make her look guilty or not guilty of killing Vince Foster?

Palin lost the high ground on corruption a long time ago.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 12:11 PM

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 12:06 PM

petunia learned a new word :)

Alinsky, Alinsky, Alinsky!!!

idesign on May 24, 2011 at 12:11 PM

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Do you really believe Palin to be the source of all evil on earth, or does it just seem that way?

littleguy on May 24, 2011 at 12:12 PM

portlandon on May 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM

MJBrutus on May 24, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Yep about once a week.

If I thought like him, I could have quite a list of the stuff he said about… well you know Porty.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 12:13 PM

MJBrutus on May 24, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Actually that list was made from just ONE thread of Pentunia’s rantings.

Scary isn’t it?

Here is the link to the original thread.

Petunia was in full meltdown mode.

portlandon on May 24, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Markos Moulitsas on May 24, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Lanceman on May 24, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Just a way to get these people who use the same tactics over and over and over again to who say things you don’t want to hear shut it.

miConsevative on May 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM

He explained.

MJBrutus on May 24, 2011 at 12:14 PM

miConsevative on May 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM

This is the corruption that Bailey names in the article about the book just out today!!!!

That is my point actually.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Palin lost the high ground on corruption a long time ago.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 12:11 PM

^^^ This has to be on of the dumbest statements ever made concerning Palin.

darwin on May 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM

What is wrong with you people?
petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:23 AM

arnold ziffel on May 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM

This little glimpse into the world of petunia says a lot. She regularly comes in with opinions based on who knows what and typically in a Palin thread she’s going after Palin with these off the wall, unsupported statements but for some reason, she expects no one to question these thoughts she pulls out of her @ss.

miConsevative on May 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM

He explained.

MJBrutus on May 24, 2011 at 12:14 PM

I bet they miss you over at dKos.

kingsjester on May 24, 2011 at 12:16 PM

logis on May 24, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Lol, I couldn’t agree more. I used to read RedState until Erickson took over Herman Cain’s spot on the radio here in Atlanta. Once you listen to Eric Erickson for three hours, you will never want to read or listen to another word from him again.

Lawdawg86 on May 24, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Seriously petunia.

What brand of glue do you sniff?

powerpro on May 24, 2011 at 11:24 AM

It’s got to be areo plane glue, no other way to get her kind of high;)

Dr Evil on May 24, 2011 at 12:17 PM

^^^ This has to be on of the dumbest statements ever made concerning Palin.

darwin on May 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Heh. Stick around.

Lanceman on May 24, 2011 at 12:17 PM

ha, she’s wearing a Star of David around her neck. She’s going after those 3 Jews who might vote for her. Way to go, Sarah.

keep the change on May 24, 2011 at 12:17 PM

I Palin lost the high ground on corruption comprehension a long time ago.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 12:11 PM

idesign on May 24, 2011 at 12:17 PM

miConsevative on May 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM

That is my point actually.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Umm…wait…huh…ummmm….really? You lost me.

miConsevative on May 24, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Well thank you Palinistas for proving Bailey’s points about how working for Palin forced him to excuse behavior he never thought he was capable of excusing.

That’s a shame I was trying to keep her above the fray. But what he describes is exactly what happens here.

This really is who Palin is, I guess.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 12:18 PM

A sick society we live in.

MNHawk on May 24, 2011 at 11:26 AM

I know the cheap basterds will sell out the country for chump changes.

Dr Evil on May 24, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Nothing Burger

Meanwhile, Straw Poll up at Ace’s. Vote early and often.

james23 on May 24, 2011 at 12:19 PM

TheBlueSite on May 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Total projection. Never said or implied. In fact, the attempt to short-circuit those who would dare defend Palin against both the unrelenting vitriol to which she’s been subjected for two years as well as the absurdly transparent claims of “concern” by stigmatizing them as intolerant cultists is the true attempt to dictate conformity. You just can’t stand that people are standing up to the strategy. Try an actual substantive critique of a policy or decision rather than a cheap and shopworn meme.

rrpjr on May 24, 2011 at 12:20 PM

keep the change on May 24, 2011 at 12:17 PM

It’s not about vote-getting. It’s about showing solidarity with our friend and ally. Obama hasn’t done it, so someone’s got to. And, frankly, I’m glad it’s Sarah.

steebo77 on May 24, 2011 at 12:20 PM

keep the change on May 24, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Look who sniffing petunia’s glue…

idesign on May 24, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Well, well, well. If only that standard was applied to Obama.

While DC drops “dirt” on both sides, they seem to get more on Republicans.

conservative pilgrim on May 24, 2011 at 12:20 PM

keep the change on May 24, 2011 at 12:17 PM

ChumpChange just woke up and dived right in with something it thinks is tremendously profound.

Lanceman on May 24, 2011 at 12:21 PM

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Bailey is the ONLY member of Palin’s staff to be found(twice) to have ACTUALLY acted unethically. He has no room to talk. He’s just disgruntled that Palin didn’t want him working on the VP campaign and that she suspended him for his ethical lapses.

steebo77 on May 24, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Palin lost the high ground on corruption a long time ago.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 12:11 PM

^^^ This has to be on of the dumbest statements ever made concerning Palin.

darwin on May 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Petunia has made dumber statements:

So go form that third party. Because I’m done with trying to make any of you make sense in the real world.

I am beginning to not care if Obama wins again as long as you don’t.

Poor Palin. She has been beaten by her own hateful followers. She deserves better than you lot.

petunia on May 18, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Petunia wants Obama to win re-election, just to spite Palin & her supporters.

What a Conservative she is.

portlandon on May 24, 2011 at 12:23 PM

steebo77 on May 24, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Really? lol. And wearing a cross around one’s neck is how a Jew would show solidarity with – America?

perhaps a flag of israel pin on a lapel, but a Star of David, which is a Jewish symbol, irrespective of state, is over the top which just goes to show how dull witted she is.

keep the change on May 24, 2011 at 12:24 PM

The Alinsky tactics happen everyday just as described.

It is more believable that these tactics are set at the top.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Wow, talk about a paranoid conspiricy theory. Yeah, Palin sends her minions to HotAir to astroturf the comments. Riiiight.

Big John on May 24, 2011 at 12:25 PM

This really is who Palin is, I guess.

petunia on May 24, 2011 at 12:18 PM

In all seriousness petunia … the democrats have spent millions going after Palin. They’ve sent lawyers and PI’s everywhere looking for the tiniest bit of dirt on Palin and they’ve come up empty.

Yet you will eagerly believe anything that comes from anyone if it’s negative about her.

You’re a very sad case.

darwin on May 24, 2011 at 12:25 PM

keep the change on May 24, 2011 at 12:24 PM

It was given to her when she was recently in Israel. It was a gift.

steebo77 on May 24, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Lanceman on May 24, 2011 at 12:21 PM

LOL She’s got your vote. Two more and that will be three.

keep the change on May 24, 2011 at 12:26 PM

These comments by Rebecca are a nothing burger. Given that she works for Palin, I am surprised that she said these things to just anyone. Although the article doesn’t say who the recipient is, I’m thinking she probably knew the person enough to trust them.

conservative pilgrim on May 24, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Are we about to witness another epic petunia meltdown?

steebo77 on May 24, 2011 at 12:27 PM

It was given to her when she was recently in Israel. It was a gift.

steebo77 on May 24, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Oh, so she didn’t use her own money to buy it. Yeah, that changes everything.

keep the change on May 24, 2011 at 12:27 PM