Obama’s advice to Israel amounts to “toughen up”

posted at 11:10 am on May 23, 2011 by Tina Korbe

President Barack Obama was supposedly trying to soothe tensions when he spoke Sunday to Washington’s most-powerful pro-Israel lobby group — but he didn’t back off his suggestion that peace talks with the Palestinians should begin with the assumption of Israel’s 1967 borders, the assertion that so angered Israel supporters last week.

“Since my position has been misrepresented several times, let me reaffirm what ’1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps’ means,” Obama said in a speech before the American Israel Public Affairs Committee. “By definition, it means the parties themselves — Israelis and Palestinians — will negotiate a border that is different than the one that existed on June 4, 1967.”

That’s an equivocation if ever I’ve heard one. But no surprise, the president’s confusing clarification doesn’t really change his position. He still means what he said Thursday. Here’s what he said later in the speech:

Ultimately, however, it is the right and responsibility of the Israeli government to make the hard choices that are necessary to protect a Jewish and democratic state for which so many generations have sacrificed. And as a friend of Israel, I am committed to doing our part to see that this goal is realized, while calling not just on Israel, but on the Palestinians, the Arab States and the international community to join us in that effort. Because the burden of making hard choices must not be Israel’s alone.

In the president’s mind, the burden to make peace falls “ultimately” on Israel. He says it is Israel’s “right and responsibility” to make “the hard choices” — not Palestinians’. He pays lip service to the idea of joint responsibility when he calls on Palestinians and the international community to aid in the effort to protect Israel — but the exhortation to be the bigger party, to toughen up, to come to the negotiating table with 1967 as the starting point, is to Israel.

No, the president’s speech Sunday doesn’t change what he said Thursday — and he doesn’t want it to. Headlines say he wants to soothe tensions with Israel — but he really wants to soothe tensions with the voting public. He admitted as much Sunday.

“I know very well that the easy thing to do, particularly for a president preparing for reelection, is to avoid any controversy,” he said. “If there’s a controversy … it’s not based in substance. What I did on Thursday was to say publicly what has long been acknowledged privately. I have done so because we cannot afford to wait another decade, or another two decades, or another three decades, to achieve peace.”

Maybe so. But in diplomacy, the difference between “public” and “private” should actually mean something — and a position of strength in negotiations could presumably be undermined by making public something private.

While Obama addressed AIPAC, Israeli protesters gathered in Tel Aviv and outside the embassy in Washington with banners that read, “Israel won’t commit suicide.”

Other smaller signs read: “Israel can’t be divided,” “Obama change your mind,” and “No, to the Auschwitz lines of 1949.”

Although [the protesters] had not yet heard Obama speak, they were reacting [to] a statement that he made in his Middle East speech last week, that a two-state solution would be based on the pre-1967 border.

The activists were not mollified by the facts that Obama stated on Thursday – and again on Sunday – that Israel’s border would not be exactly on the ’67 line, because it would include land swaps.

The notion that the ’67 borders would be the basis for negotiations was enough to send them out to the street.

Obama’s AIPAC speech only further justified the protests.

Update: This post originally said “Palestine” where it now says “Palestinians.” Thanks to “Emperor Norton” for pointing out how that was misleading.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I really, really, really hate him. I do. I can’t control it.

SouthernGent on May 23, 2011 at 11:13 AM

“No, to the Auschwitz lines of 1949.”

There are two views to everything, and the above sentence epitomized both the hard core Isreaeli and the hard core Palestinian views. Of course, each side means something entirely the same, when you get down to it…

unclesmrgol on May 23, 2011 at 11:14 AM

If Obama doesn’t like the way things are going now, wait until the Israelis really toughen up.

greggriffith on May 23, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Obama recommends Israel follow his example on hard choices: Vote “Present.”

PrettyD_Vicious on May 23, 2011 at 11:16 AM

I really, really, really hate him. I do. I can’t control it.

SouthernGent on May 23, 2011 at 11:13 AM

If it’s a matter of intensity i might still be able to displace you

heshtesh on May 23, 2011 at 11:17 AM

1967 Borders? Why don’t we go back to the original lines from the Abrahamic covenant, and then part of Egypt, Jordan, Saudi, Iran, Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon would all revert to Israel.

ConservativePartyNow on May 23, 2011 at 11:17 AM

JohnGalt23′s advice to Israel…

Roll into Gaza and push the Arabs into the Sianai.

Then roll into the West Bank, and push the Arabs across the river Jordan.

Then tell Barack Obama to stick it.

JohnGalt23 on May 23, 2011 at 11:17 AM

“Shut up and take your medicine!” he said….

cane_loader on May 23, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Amen Southern Gent, AMEN!

Winebabe on May 23, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Just remember, Palestinians are not after ‘peace’.
Of course that article is very kind.
does no one remember the concessions they were given then?
I pray for Israel. She will be protected.
But people like BO made it a hard row to hoe.

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 11:20 AM

He says it is Israel’s “right and responsibility” to make “the hard choices” — not Palestine’s. He pays lip service to the idea of joint responsibility when he calls on Palestine and the international community

There is no such country as Palestine, Tina.

Did you used to hang out with Herman Cain, or something?

Emperor Norton on May 23, 2011 at 11:20 AM

We are all just stupid for thinking there is some sort of controversy and for misrepresenting his position. He really meant to say that he is a friend of Israel and all that other stuff should be disregarded because we are all too stupid to understand him when he talks in a circle while watching a ping-pong match.

kringeesmom on May 23, 2011 at 11:20 AM

When obama hears the pharse “never again” I fear he’s thinking…..it can’t happen soon enough. Israel I apologize for this sorry excuse of a human being we elected to lead us off the cliff.

chicken thief on May 23, 2011 at 11:20 AM

How about calling on the Palestinians simply to accept a permanent state of Israel first. Then go and discuss borders. When one side is utterly committed to the complete extermination of the other side, it’s kind of hard to negotiate.

rbj on May 23, 2011 at 11:21 AM

JohnGalt23′s advice to Israel…

Roll into Gaza and push the Arabs into the Sianai.

Then roll into the West Bank, and push the Arabs across the river Jordan.

Then tell Barack Obama to stick it.

JohnGalt23 on May 23, 2011 at 11:17 AM

I’m with you on that.
Sometimes you have to really kick some a$$ to put a bully down.

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 11:21 AM

“By definition, it means the parties themselves — Israelis and Palestinians — will negotiate a border”

Oh, so his solution is to simply have Israel and the Palestinians negotiate the new border? Hey, that sounds easy–why didn’t you just say so earlier? Problem solved!

Kataklysmic on May 23, 2011 at 11:22 AM

rbj on May 23, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Obama’s code speak really means: Israel, why don’t you just go lay down and die somewhere?

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 11:23 AM

“Let me be clear, in this agreement the party of the first part is hereinafter called the party of the first part.”

reaganaut on May 23, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Question is…will the Jews who voted for this little man, wake-up?

ohiobabe on May 23, 2011 at 11:26 AM

I heard the AIPAC speech, and while Obama tried to act like he was mis interpreted,It was clear he wasn’t.On a lighter note today is a good day for me because Obama and the missus are out of the Country!

sandee on May 23, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Was Jeremiah Wright at the AIPAC speach?

Freddy on May 23, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Obama, who knows so much he can tell Israel what to do, says this: “Israelis and Palestinians — will negotiate a border that is different than the one that existed on June 4, 1967″

Despite his self-proclaimed omniscience, he doesn’t know that there was no border on June 4, 1967 – only a ceasefire line. The Arabs went to war and that ceasefire line got moved in Israel’s favor. Why doesn’t Obama inform the Palestinians that they are in no position to demand preconditions to peace talks, rather than help them by suggesting a new one that takes away all of Israel’s leverage? UNSCR242 was about “land for peace”. Obama has just turned that on its head.

ProfessorMiao on May 23, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Unintended consequences lurk in the background for the Scooter. Without any semblance of administration support, Israel’s response to Hamas rocketing may take a decidedly more aggressive form. I honestly don’t think Obama realizes that without American restraint, Israel has much more freedom to self protect. U.N. disapproval certainly isn’t going to be a factor; they get that no matter what they do.

a capella on May 23, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Die Faster!

~ Alan Grayscum

ladyingray on May 23, 2011 at 11:27 AM

sandee on May 23, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Last time he left he started bombing Libya.

Freddy on May 23, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Israel’s “right and responsibility” to make “the hard choices”

Nice , they got carte blanche from Obama “Gutsy call” Rambo…

the_nile on May 23, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 11:23 AM

I basically agree, except that I think that he is actively attempting to produce that end, while he pretends to be ‘evenhanded’.

ProfessorMiao on May 23, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Sad thing is that’s good advice…there’s no guarantee the man-child will be booted out of office in 2012, and we’re staring down a major financial crisis anyhow.

I wonder if Israel is hiring techies?

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 23, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Didn’t Obama just tell them to take some advil and deal with it?

search4truth on May 23, 2011 at 11:30 AM

He’s trying to keep the Jewish vote while setting Israel up for the kill by the UN this fall.

petefrt on May 23, 2011 at 11:31 AM

November 2012, when America will make the easy choice and elect a new President…

Khun Joe on May 23, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Question is…will the Jews who voted for this little man, wake-up?

ohiobabe on May 23, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Doubtful. And I just don’t know why they would support such an Israel hater.

VegasRick on May 23, 2011 at 11:31 AM

You guys are way too hard on Barack Hussein Obama mmmmmm mmmmm mmmmmmm. What’s wrong with the 1967 borders? Egypt gives Israel back the Sinai, hamas give Israel back Gaza, Judea and Samaria come within permanent Israeli contol, and Syria quits whining about Shebaa Farms. September 1967 woohoot!!!!

ncc770 on May 23, 2011 at 11:32 AM

I wonder if Israel is hiring techies?

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 23, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Thought I’m an apostate-since both my parents were Jewish I technically qualify to make Aliyah under the Right of Return.
Hmmm.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 23, 2011 at 11:33 AM

petefrt on May 23, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Bingo. He can still cover his a$$ by voting against the resolution, but he’s endorsed the 1949 armistice lines as a border.

ProfessorMiao on May 23, 2011 at 11:34 AM

I really, really, really hate him. I do. I can’t control it.

SouthernGent on May 23, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Who knew that the first post would basically be the only one needed on this thread.

VegasRick on May 23, 2011 at 11:36 AM

reaganaut on May 23, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Is that the sanity clause?

mdenis39 on May 23, 2011 at 11:36 AM

The Arab countries have chosen to go to war with Israel over the decades. They have lost every war. Thus, there should be consequences for these actions (lost lands). If, and when, there is a next war, Israel should keep what they win from them. Push the Arabs back as far as they can, IMO.

ny59giants on May 23, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Who here is surprised the Barrack Hussein 0bama, is openly advocating for islamic barbarism and using Israel as a human sacrifice to the barbaric moon god allah?

Rebar on May 23, 2011 at 11:36 AM

“Question is…will the Jews who voted for this little man, wake-up?

ohiobabe on May 23, 2011 at 11:26 AM”

They will not. It drives me crazy that it were American Jews who played major role in bringing this anti-Semite and enemy of the USA into the office: Huge donations, managing his campaign, and then voting for him almost in the same proportion as African-Americans.

finallyhere on May 23, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Just finished watching the rest of the Netanyahu video.
BO certainly did not want to hear anything that man had to say.
Praise God the people of Israel have such a strong determined leader.
What a stately man.
I envy the Israelis for such a leader.
And we are left holding a bag of crap.

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Obama: It’s up to Israel to make “the hard choices.”

And so in 2012, the Jews of America will vote for their favorite Presidential candidate….
Barack Obama.

albill on May 23, 2011 at 11:38 AM

He’ll double down now, after being spanked like an ignorant schoolboy by Netanyahu last week.

Vashta.Nerada on May 23, 2011 at 11:38 AM

What an *sshole.

Now that he’s pretty much given them the finger publicly, there’s no reason they should hold back anymore when dealing with the Palestinians’ bullsh!t in Gaza and the West Bank.

teke184 on May 23, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Hmmm.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 23, 2011 at 11:33 AM

You’re better off than me on that count; my family hasn’t got any Jewish claim at all.

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 23, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Rebar on May 23, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Not I.

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 11:43 AM

/////
Well I guess their liberal theology is more important to them than their Jewish heritage.Alot of these libs are so far gone,change is out of the question.

ohiobabe on May 23, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Just more of that “smart” Obama diplomacy. This idiot is in WAY over his head. And he’s arrogant and stupid enough NOT to know it. Here all this time it was said Biden was on the ticket for his foreign policy experience. Hahahahahaha!

GarandFan on May 23, 2011 at 11:45 AM

In the president’s mind, the burden to make peace falls “ultimately” on Israel. He says it is Israel’s “right and responsibility” to make “the hard choices” — not Palestine’s.

This is the underlying theme in BO’s ideology. It’s rooted in victimhood with the blame being laid on someone else as well as the burden to ‘fix it.’ Israel is the only adult in the ME. They are surrounded by countries filled with envy and hatred screaming with rage at people who not only survived but prospered.

BO’s foreign policy is an extension of his community organizer role, just on a larger scale. It’s the same routine.

It’s a horror to watch, and I think I surpassed Southern Gent a long time ago w/r to my antipathy for this jack wagon who inhabits the WH. He’s an unmitigated embarrassment and disaster.

Cody1991 on May 23, 2011 at 11:46 AM

finallyhere on May 23, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Does my disgust at our Jews for supporting Obama make me anti-Semite?

GaltBlvnAtty on May 23, 2011 at 11:47 AM

well, how many news cycles have we had where a similar pattern is followed? That is, 1) Obama gives speech 2) Obama steps on crank in speech 3) Obama “clarifies” in subsequent speech, or via proxy and 4) any misunderstanding resulting from #1 certainly has to be on the part of the listener of the speech, for the One merely reiterates previous crank-steppage, despite stated attempts to clarify.

*ahem* smmmmAAART pooooweEERRR!

ted c on May 23, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Israel has had to make “hard choices” since 1948.

The next hard choice it will make is wether to nuke either Cairo, Damascus, or Mecca. I vote for nuking all three.

Kuffar on May 23, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Good grief. Does that idiot even listen to himself when he talks??? Seriously. That’s pathetic.

Murf76 on May 23, 2011 at 11:48 AM

I really, really, really hate him. I do. I can’t control it.

SouthernGent on May 23, 2011 at 11:13 AM

You speak for a *lot* of us. I’m supposed to be a Christian. I pray for him (I have to use the proscribed prayer in the BCP because I don’t have any words of my own that would make it past the ceiling). And in spite of it, I feel exactly the way you do. I can’t even watch him on TV. I can’t listen to him on the radio. I can barely read a transcript of his words. I’m not proud of it – he makes me ill nonetheless.

Eren on May 23, 2011 at 11:49 AM

I really, really, really hate him. I do. I can’t control it.

SouthernGent on May 23, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I know what you mean, but it is probably a waste of emotion that needs a redirect. Obama is just the puppet. He’s just the reader. He’s the bunch of wood, plastic and cloth with somebody’s hand up his butt.

The hate needs to be piled upon the puppet masters. Right now, and real hard.

Yoop on May 23, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Kuffar on May 23, 2011 at 11:48 AM

And one more for Teheran.

Cody1991 on May 23, 2011 at 11:51 AM

ProfessorMiao on May 23, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Exactly. He can give Jews abundant lip service now, as already he has legitimized the Palestinian position and galvanized the international movement against Israel. Fait accompli.

petefrt on May 23, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Does my disgust at our Jews for supporting Obama make me anti-Semite?

GaltBlvnAtty on May 23, 2011 at 11:47 AM

No. The same as my disgust with blacks that will continue to vote for him does not make me a racist. How have your lives been improved? Are you not paying $4 a gal. for gas, are you and your families food costs not skyrocketing? What has this a$$hole done to improve your lot in life?

VegasRick on May 23, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Israel has had to make “hard choices” since 1948.

Kuffar on May 23, 2011 at 11:48 AM

and Tehran if they have a spare….

choices.

ted c on May 23, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Israel has had to make “hard choices” since 1948.

Kuffar on May 23, 2011 at 11:48 AM

You almost have to believe that is what parts of the Arab world wants, and would be extremely pleased to take the rest of the world with them.

Yoop on May 23, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Be careful what you wish for, President Dumbo.

stenwin77 on May 23, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Vashta.Nerada on May 23, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Of course.
That’s what monumentally stupid people usually do.

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Eren on May 23, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Dittos.

GrannyDee on May 23, 2011 at 11:56 AM

good post Tina..

georgealbert on May 23, 2011 at 11:56 AM

The entire peace process is one big fiction. The Palestinians have never wanted peace and the inclusion of Hamas proves it definitively.
The US just goes through the motions in order to placate the Saudi oil masters knowing full well that nothing will ever come of it.
The Israelis play along in the belief that they need American support in order to succeed.
It’s all one big phony play with Israeli lives as the pawns for the most part.
Obama’s insistence on peace at this time while ignoring the inclusion of Hamas proves conclusively that he has no interest in peace.

FactsofLife on May 23, 2011 at 11:56 AM

ProfessorMiao on May 23, 2011 at 11:34 AM

petefrt on May 23, 2011 at 11:51 AM

He’s not an idiot – he knows exactly what he’s doing.

ProfessorMiao on May 23, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Rebar on May 23, 2011 at 11:36 AM

I see the evil in him quite clearly.

Naturally Curly on May 23, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Jewish voters as dumb as Black and Latino voters, but they also finance Obama. They and progeny deserve his destruction, in full. Be fooled twice, and it’s totally on you.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2011 at 11:58 AM

This guy is so far over his head…how did the USA make such a mistake…?

d1carter on May 23, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Oh, blow it out your Biden, Barack.

tree hugging sister on May 23, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Mr. Netanyahu should destroy him in the speech to Congress, but, alas…he was likely threatened.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2011 at 11:58 AM

FactsofLife on May 23, 2011 at 11:56 AM

These actions speak very loud.
He wants Israel to go curl up & die in a corner or let themselves get annihilated at the hands of islam.
Bcs there is no middle ground in there.

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 11:59 AM

And in other news (slightly OT):

Obama Adminstration Holds Peace Talks With Taliban in Germany
Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, May 23, 2011, 5:59 AM

GrannyDee on May 23, 2011 at 12:01 PM

When I was a kid I heard the saying “when you get bit by a snake, you won’t reach down to grab another snake”. If the Israeli’s buy the talking out of both sides of his mouth that Obama does, they deserve to be resigned to the dustbin of history. Why they are even listening to the man is beyond me. Now getting up and turning their backs to him, that would be impressive.

TulsAmerican on May 23, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Rebar on May 23, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Not me. I wouldn’t be surprised if we found out that Khalidi and Calypso Louie we part of his ME advisory team.

Cody1991 on May 23, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2011 at 11:58 AM

With what? The Israeli’s are quite capable of defending themselves without any help from us. The sooner they realise that we are “out” for the next couple of years, the sooner they can start “defending themselves”.

VegasRick on May 23, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Yeah, toughen up- and have the Jewish community in America help elect people who actually support Israel for a change!

michaelo on May 23, 2011 at 12:03 PM

ProfessorMiao on May 23, 2011 at 11:27 AM

I’ve wondered this for a long time now, how are the Palestinians are able to demand detailed minutia about border lines when it was the Arabs that lost a war that they themselves started? (By the Egyptian blockade of Israel)

scotash on May 23, 2011 at 12:04 PM

ProfessorMiao on May 23, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Think about who Obama really is… There’s the answer. And yes… it is that simple.

RalphyBoy on May 23, 2011 at 12:21 PM

OT/ But slightly amusing

Tamale MO sank the limo? Yes, yes…. that was mean girl material.

Cody1991 on May 23, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Obama: “But it’s a nice boxcar. What’s the problem?”

Lourdes on May 23, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Had Obama ever made a hard choice? I’m not counting Osama, since from what I hear he wasn’t the one who made any choices at all on that operation.

disa on May 23, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Kataklysmic on May 23, 2011 at 11:22 AM

I believe that’s what’s been going on for the last 60 years or so.

unclesmrgol on May 23, 2011 at 12:41 PM

“Obama’s advice to Israel amounts to “toughen up””

WHY??

jatfla on May 23, 2011 at 12:42 PM

There’s something prophetic, almost biblical, in this guy’s abject stupidity and arrogance. Maybe the loser arab nations need to toughen up and clean up their own cesspool. This guy is over the top in his absolute belief that the Israelis have to change. I think not!

HomeoftheBrave on May 23, 2011 at 12:49 PM

a capella on May 23, 2011 at 11:27 AM

That’s a good point. Little Bammie is making it clear to Israel that nothing short of national suicide will satisfy him, so why should they bother to listen at all to the idiot?

slickwillie2001 on May 23, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Kuffar on May 23, 2011 at 11:48 AM

And one more for Teheran.

Cody1991 on May 23, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Let’s be a little more diplomatic, -I prefer to call it fission-based urban renewal.

slickwillie2001 on May 23, 2011 at 12:51 PM

What does the leader of the Solve the Jooooooish Problem Office (STJPO), Helen Thomas, have to say now?

BobMbx on May 23, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Let’s face the fact that Barack Obama is anti-Israel. For twenty years he listened to the Jew-hating moron Jeremiah Wright.

Sir Galahad the Pure on May 23, 2011 at 1:06 PM

I believe that’s what’s been going on for the last 60 years or so.

unclesmrgol on May 23, 2011 at 12:41 PM

I wouldn’t describe 1967 and 1973 as “negotiating” the border.

ProfessorMiao on May 23, 2011 at 1:08 PM

IMHO, any Jew who supports and/or votes for Obama is simply suicidal.

Mr. Grump on May 23, 2011 at 1:08 PM

What a weasel, ObaMao is. “Acknowledged” by whom? Notice the passive voice? That’s another stunt of rhetoric that O uses to avoid personal responsibility.

How does he disregard the agreement made by Bush in 2004?

onlineanalyst on May 23, 2011 at 1:09 PM

And someone pointed out (correctly?) that these were cease-fire lines; not “borders”.

jatfla on May 23, 2011 at 1:16 PM

ProfessorMiao on May 23, 2011 at 11:27 AM

scotash on May 23, 2011 at 12:04 PM

It was a rhetorical question. To me the answer is obvious. Obama makes it impossible for negotiations to even take place let alone succeed. He gives indirect support to the PA claim to statehood along the 1949 armistice lines, which will certainly gain an overwhelming majority in the UN’s GA in September. Meanwhile he supports an emergent Muslim Brotherhood government in Egypt that is extremely hostile to Israel, does nothing but slap Assad’s wrist (and Assad is extremely hostile to Israel), and dances while Iran develops nuclear weapons.

He’s doing his best to box Israel in and strip away all her defenses without dropping the facade he needs to have in place to that Jewish democrats can pretend they’re not voting for an Israel-hater.

ProfessorMiao on May 23, 2011 at 1:18 PM

jatfla on May 23, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Yes, they are ceasefire lines from the end of Israel’s war of independence in 1949. The new ceasefire line is all but ignored.

ProfessorMiao on May 23, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Is that the sanity clause?

“There ain’t no Sanity Clause” – Chico Marx

Mr. Grump on May 23, 2011 at 1:25 PM

I really, really, really hate him. I do. I can’t control it.

SouthernGent on May 23, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Eren on May 23, 2011 at 11:49 AM

I too struggle with my own hatred of this man. At times, even to myself, it is irrational and I am unable to summon the slightest kind feeling for him.

I think that he is “the whole ball of wax” of liberalism, all rolled into one person, that is so detested by Americans of traditional conservative values.

When I pray for him, I must set my heart and mind on the fact that I pray for America which is suffering under his reign.

Jvette on May 23, 2011 at 1:28 PM