Hurting for the Heartland

posted at 1:40 pm on May 23, 2011 by Tina Korbe

The tornadoes that tore through the Heartland yesterday left dozens dead and still more injured — and dangerous weather continues to threaten many parts of the country.

At least 89 people were killed in Joplin, Mo., which received the worst of the severe weather.

If the death toll in Joplin exceeds 115, it will be in the top 10 deadliest tornadoes in all time, none of which have occurred since 1953 according to the Storm Prediction Center. …

The area will have little time to clean up as another round of severe weather is expected again today.

Obviously, this isn’t political — but the Heartland is my home and this is too big to ignore. The pictures, the audio, the video — like the below video from Breitbart TV — all convey some of the terror of this tornado.

But no static image on a screen, no panicked voice echoing in a headset, no film scrolling past no-longer-recognizable landmarks can possibly undo the devastation of this stunner of a storm.

The news cycle, sometimes, dehumanizes even the most human of events, but the lives lost in these tornadoes deserve tribute. So, here’s the closest approximation I can give. I didn’t know anyone who died in the storms, but I grew up in Oklahoma City and Northwest Arkansas, close enough to Joplin to have found myself there — at least once — by trick of a wrong exit off the highway. I also lived in Oklahoma City in 1995, at the time of the Oklahoma City bombing, and in 1999, when a deadly tornado swept through Midwest City.

Here’s what I know about the Heartland: In times of tragedy, the people in the center of the country truly do live according to what journalists in 1995 dubbed “The Oklahoma Standard.” Where I come from, nobody runs away after a disaster … Folks run toward it, to offer what help they can. From far away, this is about the best I can do — but my heart goes out to the survivors in Joplin and to all those who suffered losses in yesterday’s storms.

And as I’m thinking more about it, it seems to me “The Oklahoma Standard” is also “The American Standard.” The Red Cross is already rallying support for the tornado victims — and I have no doubt Americans will be generous in the help they offer. Here’s to the Heartland.

Comments

You’re one of us, Tina! I knew I liked you for a reason. God save those poor people.

alwaysfiredup on May 23, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Holding my breath for our President’s message of concern and pledge for aid……….oh wait, it’s the center of the country, not the coasts. Forget it.

search4truth on May 23, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Yep. We help our neighbors here in the heartland…
Prayers ascending.

OmahaConservative on May 23, 2011 at 1:45 PM

God Bless all who are suffering. May God help them.

red131 on May 23, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Amen – for all the complaining I do about Minnesota politics – when there is a crisis, I’m very proud to be a Minnesotan. We take care of our own.

The Heartland is a special place. It’s so much more than “fly over country”

gophergirl on May 23, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Anybody know a trustworthy address to donate to yet?

ohiobabe on May 23, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Tornado season here in Nebraska; hoping my city doesn’t get a twister this year. Prayers for those who’ve lost friends, family, and funds to the storms.

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 23, 2011 at 1:45 PM

My sympathy and condolences to the victims friends and families.

Yakko77 on May 23, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Good time for PBHO to arrange a nice fund-raising party in Kansas City, it worked in Texas it can work in Missouri too.

Bishop on May 23, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 23, 2011 at 1:45 PM

A fellow Nebraskan myself here. Here in the Omaha area we’ve been pretty lucky for a long time. I don’t think we’ve had anything more than a F1 since the 70′s directly strike here. Hopefully that luck continues.

Yakko77 on May 23, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Time to go loot the neighborhood liquor sto…oh wait, this story isn’t about S**tholeapolis, but Joplin… nevermind.

This probably the worst tornado of my lifetime. The pictures are like mini versions of the tsunami.

MNHawk on May 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Although here in sw ohio we haven’t had the terrorizing tornados yet but we’ve had the flooding and as of right now,the farmers still have not gotten their crops which this time last year were all in.

ohiobabe on May 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM

My brother and his family live just 3 miles from where the devastation begins. We are so blessed that they are safe and sound.

My heart goes out to their community; prayers are being sent out on angel’s wings.

KrisinNE on May 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM

We will stay strong here in MO. One of our friends lost at least 3 family members in Joplin, we are helping as much as we can. Here’s to the Heartland.

Researcher...MO on May 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 23, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Whereabouts are you?

OmahaConservative on May 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM

oh wait, it’s the center of the country, not the coasts. Forget it.

search4truth on May 23, 2011 at 1:44 PM

He’s in Ireland, he made his phone call and said he was concerned…better than the people of Texas received…besides this was Bush’s fault.

right2bright on May 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Here are some addresses to help I got from MM site.

Financial donations to The Salvation Army disaster relief efforts may be made by texting the word ARMY to 90999 for an automatic $10 donation. To make a credit card donation, call 1-800-SAL-ARMY or go to SalvationArmy.us. Checks may be mailed to The Salvation Army, 3637 Broadway Ave., Kansas City, MO 64111.

The Red Cross has said they are in need of blood donations. Those interested can donate $10 by texting REDCROSS to 90999.

Donations can be made at RedCross.org.
My check to the Salvation Army goes out today. I trust them more than red cross.
L

letget on May 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM

What was the name of the town in Kansas/Nebraska that got completely wiped out a couple years ago?

Didn’t GWB go speak at their graduation a couple years ago?

gophergirl on May 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM

search4truth on May 23, 2011 at 1:44 PM

“We’re sorry, your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and try again…..”

BobMbx on May 23, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Yakko77 on May 23, 2011 at 1:48 PM

I will never forget the tornado of ’75. I was working at my brother’s gas station in Westgate when that monster tore through and my gramps died at Bergan Mercy that day…

OmahaConservative on May 23, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Yakko77 on May 23, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Heh; a fellow Omaha dweller? Small world.

We’ve had a few very nasty scares, but no actual touchdowns in the city proper if I’m remembering right. Once looked up from my school’s soccer field to see a nearly-formed vortex above our heads…that was an interesting day.

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 23, 2011 at 1:53 PM

So right. They were already there last night, and more are headed there today – volunteers and professionals. And still others are chomping at the bit to go. Prayers for all.

NavyMom on May 23, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Don’t worry, Obama’s safe in an Irish pub.

profitsbeard on May 23, 2011 at 1:55 PM

gophergirl on May 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Greensburg, Kansas. Those people are amazing. I hope Joplin is in as good shape in two years.

alwaysfiredup on May 23, 2011 at 1:56 PM

OmahaConservative — you wouldn’t happen to be in a college computer lab, would you?

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 23, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Because LCMS World Relief and Human Care’s tornado relief fund was depleted by last year’s tornado relief efforts, gifts are urgently needed to respond to this spring’s historic onslaught of twisters and storms in the Midwest and the South.

To contribute to the Synod’s tornado disaster response:

Mail checks (noting “Tornado Disaster Relief” in the memo line) to LCMS World Relief and Human Care, P.O. Box 66861, St. Louis, MO 63166-6861.

Call toll-free 888-930-4438.

Donate online (click here).

OmahaConservative on May 23, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Obviously, this isn’t political

No worries, TK… you don’t always have to post on political subjects.

Abby Adams on May 23, 2011 at 1:57 PM

I find that to be very true.
I have lived from E to W coast & up & down in between from TX to now ND.
And I have learned that statement to be very true of the more rural minded areas.
I would say mostly in general, Americans are like this as a rule.
We are a very generous, big hearted people.
My prayers go out to those affected.
I fear here in SW ND we’re also going to be seeing our share of tornadoes.
Since living here in ’99, I have seen quite a few of them here.

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 1:58 PM

The Obamas are jolly in Ireland and the rest of Europe.

Eleanor Roosevelt disapproves but she was an old-fashioned old bag. See the pics here, especially scroll down to see the red whatever the heck that is, for true stylishness.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Forgot link

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Didn’t GWB go speak at their graduation a couple years ago?

gophergirl on May 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM

You mean Greensburg?

Abby Adams on May 23, 2011 at 2:01 PM

alwaysfiredup on May 23, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Whoops… sorry, missed your post. RE: (Abby Adams on May 23, 2011 at 2:01 PM)

Abby Adams on May 23, 2011 at 2:02 PM

You mean Greensburg?

Abby Adams on May 23, 2011 at 2:01 PM

That was the town allright. My father went there to help out.

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 23, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Anyone want to start a pool about how long it takes for a moonbat to blame it on Global Warming?

PJ Emeritus on May 23, 2011 at 2:05 PM

I have relatives who live in “Tornado Alley” in Texas and Oklahoma and they’ve seen more than their fair share of amazing storms and tornadoes. Last year I commented to one of my cousins after they had endured a rash of tornadoes in the area of Norman, OK where they live that I was glad I lived in So. California where we didn’t have tornadoes. Her reply was, “At least we get warnings and can see them coming. Earthquakes scare the bejesus out me!” A few months after she said that they had a nice little 4.7 trembler that knocked stuff around pretty good.

FlatFoot on May 23, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Obama will care about this…it’s in Missouri, sometimes a swing state. Praying for the people of Joplin today and keeping one eye on the Kansas sky today.

bopbottle on May 23, 2011 at 2:06 PM

bopbottle on May 23, 2011 at 2:06 PM

If Obama cared about swing states he would have used George Bush’s Magic Hurricane Steering Device to blast Red Kansas instead of Purple Mizzura…

Bruno Strozek on May 23, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Here’s the full YouTube video of what’s linked as posted by the person that took the video:

Uploaded by izelsg on May 22, 2011

The video i took while at Fastrip on east 20th street. We huddled in the back of the store until the glass got sucked out , then ran into the walk in storage fridge. Sorry for the lack of visuals but the audio is pretty telling of how intense the storm was. The tornado hits at around 1:20 seconds.

Wow.

FlatFoot on May 23, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 23, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Yeah, I’ve looked up and seen some swirling clouds and such but thankfully nothing that resulted in a vortex touching the ground here in Omaha at least. I think there was a minor F1 a couple years ago off 144 and Harrison Street. Took out a car wash (now rebuilt and appropriately name the Tornado Car Wash) and tore the roofs off a few houses in the area but nothing more than that. Other than that, I don’t think we’ve had a tornado touchdown in the Omaha area in over 30 years and it’s strange given that we live right in the middle of tornado alley essentially. Every year I feel like our luck is due. Hopefully our luck continues to hold.

Yakko77 on May 23, 2011 at 2:16 PM

I would say mostly in general, Americans are like this as a rule.
We are a very generous, big hearted people.

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 1:58 PM

True. Well said.

ladyingray on May 23, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Ooops, I forgot:

It’s a good thing right-wing nut job Tom Emmer wasn’t elected Governor in Minny cuz he would have used George Bush’s Magical Hurricane Steering Device to afflict the poor minority folks living in North Minneapolis with tornadoes.

Thank goodness for Mark Dayton!

Bruno Strozek on May 23, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Amen and Amen…

golfmann on May 23, 2011 at 2:20 PM

ND is no stranger to this.

Around ’79 one went over hubby’s house, twisted it on the foundation, but that was it, took out 2 neighbor’s homes.
You never hear much about the tornadoes in ND bcs our population is so low & a lot of it is pretty empty.
A couple of years ago hubby & I woke up to find our house in a tornado, but evidently it wasn’t a very strong one.
Bcs we live in a ~’72 doublewide.
Still it’s a scary thing to comprehend.
We have no basement, are on the plains, & the only real protection would be to dash down to the steep sided banks of the Cannonbal for protection ~150 yards away.

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Will Obumba fly over it on his way home from his current vacation and not look out the window?

BTW: are there any figures on how many hours Dear Leader has put on AF 1 compared to other presidents at this state of his reign? He’s got to be going through a lot of engines.

Dingbat63 on May 23, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Our prayers go out to them. We are stilling cleaning up in North Ala. At least Browns Ferry stayed cool.

For those who wish to give, heres another worthy source, funded by the United Methodists:

orbitalair on May 23, 2011 at 2:24 PM

As a Nebraskan (transplant, love it here), people of the Heartland are good folks, and we do have a great ethic of taking care of our own. I gotta admit, when I lived on the left and right coasts, it was a different attitude for the most part.

Gothguy on May 23, 2011 at 2:24 PM

PJ Emeritus on May 23, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Heh.
It won’t be long.

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 2:24 PM

So does this mean we will again see Brian Williams thinking out loud on how this tornado was caused by AGW on NBC tonight?

pilamaye on May 23, 2011 at 2:25 PM

My heart just breaks for these people. I spoke w/ my sister this morning, she is a nurse at the sister hospital to the one that was destroyed in Joplin. They are converting every spare inch of space to treat and lodge the injured survivors. God help the people of the heartland and those who are working so hard to find those lost in the rubble.

ZeeMI on May 23, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Didn’t know you were from the Sooner state, Tina. Me too, and it does hurt. I also remember many times driving through Joplin on I-44. It always fell at the right time in the trip for a good, long pit stop, well off the interstate “strip.”

Missouri has been taking it in the shorts, for sure. God’s grace to the folks in the Show Me state and all the others who have been hit by this latest round.

J.E. Dyer on May 23, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Gothguy on May 23, 2011 at 2:24 PM

When the chips are down, our brotherly love can almost be smothering…

OmahaConservative on May 23, 2011 at 2:26 PM

If I had been in that cooler, you would not have heard me say shizit.

You’d just here me chuggin’ on a old English 40oz.

esnap on May 23, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Thank you, Tina. We are still trying to help our fellow Americans down here in the South from the April 27 storms. I am amazed at the courage and stamina of those in our affected areas.

d1carter on May 23, 2011 at 2:28 PM

This is just terrible behavior.
Now I’m sure there’s a lot of good people in the Twin Cities area.
But it is a large city.
Having driven through there on more than one occasion, I can say you’d have to imprison me to make me live anywhere near there.
What an awful place it has become.

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 2:31 PM

“— but my heart goes out to the survivors in Joplin and to all those who suffered losses in yesterday’s storms.”

Mine as well Tina…

… So what part of Ireland did your ancestors from?

Seven Percent Solution on May 23, 2011 at 2:33 PM

I live here in Joplin and let me tell you, it’s bad. Our main commercial road, Rangeline, is destroyed for at least 10 blocks. Not to mention all of the residential areas that were hit. St. John’s Hospital also took a direct hit as well as the high school. My Mom was at work at the time and miraculously survived under a table in the employee bathroom. Our van, which was in the parking lot, is completely destroyed, with a 2×4 going through the wheel well. Our house is not damaged and the University I attend just across the street is the main Red Cross center. If anyone wants to help, we are in dire need of O-Neg blood. You can go to your local Red Cross to donate and specify for Joplin. Like always, prayers are much appreciated.

laurakbarr on May 23, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 2:31 PM

It’s not that bad. North Minneapolis is completely different than the rest of Minneapolis.

I live downtown and it’s just fine.

gophergirl on May 23, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Now I’m sure there’s a lot of good people in the Twin Cities area.
But it is a large city.
What an awful place it has become.

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 2:31 PM

We have green grass gardens on the roof tops of city buildings to stop global warming, yellow bike stations for people who don’t own bicycles to use and return later and Hour Cars where you can sign up to rent a Prius for an hour to drive to your local sustainable coop for organic foodstuffs.

Just because we don’t have any money left over to pay for enough cops doesn’t make Murderapolis an “awful place.”

Geez.

Bruno Strozek on May 23, 2011 at 2:42 PM

My heart goes out to those in Joplin, and those in Alabama and the people in States suffering from flooding, who have lost loved ones, along with their homes, businesses, etc.

More Joplin pics at Gateway Pundit:

The Joplin, Missouri Tornado: Before & After Shots
Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, May 23, 2011, 11:47 AM

The devastation is beyond comprehension. It seems that even Nature is in turmoil in our country.

GrannyDee on May 23, 2011 at 2:43 PM

… So what part of Ireland did your ancestors from?

Seven Percent Solution on May 23, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Lol…

alwaysfiredup on May 23, 2011 at 2:46 PM

We lived in East Moore, in 1999 during the F5 that hit Oklahoma. My husband was out the next day in Midwest City with his Pickup, pulling people’s neighbor’s autos out of their fireplaces. It was a mess it looked like a bomb had been dropped on the area.

A friend of mine made it through the Joplin tornado,
but his Mom passed away last night. God Bless, all those who were in the path of this monster twister.

Dr Evil on May 23, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Like always, prayers are much appreciated.

laurakbarr on May 23, 2011 at 2:35 PM

You have mine.

alwaysfiredup on May 23, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Geez.

Bruno Strozek on May 23, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Sorry. I know the whole town isn’t bad.
But every part I have ever driven through doesn’t seem very ‘welcoming’.
All the rest of Minnesota, however, is pretty welcoming.

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 2:55 PM

I live downtown and it’s just fine.

gophergirl on May 23, 2011 at 2:40 PM

I’m not really trying to knock the town too bad.
But I look at it like I do Fargo & Grand Forks & Moorehead:yukky & full of people who are not friendly.
Everytime I go to those places, it’s full of mean nasty unfriendly people.
Guess I’ve just been unlucky enough to run into them.
But it sure makes me never want to come back.

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 2:58 PM

When I go to Rapid City SD, I always meet really friendly outgoing people.
IDK what the huge difference is btw a town like that & Minneapolis.

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 2:59 PM

A friend of mine made it through the Joplin tornado,

Dr Evil on May 23, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Please extend HA sympathies to your friend, Dr. Evil.

Fox News slideshow pics here.

From KCTV Ch. 5 in Kansas City MO. How to help Joplin here.

GrannyDee on May 23, 2011 at 2:59 PM

search4truth on May 23, 2011 at 1:44 PM

He’s knocking back pints in an Irish pub and talking ancestry.

a capella on May 23, 2011 at 3:00 PM

laurakbarr on May 23, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Hang in there, help and prayers are on the way…

d1carter on May 23, 2011 at 3:00 PM

A friend of mine made it through the Joplin tornado,

Dr Evil on May 23, 2011 at 2:47 PM
Please extend HA sympathies to your friend, Dr. Evil.

Ditto.
God help them all.

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 3:04 PM

I’m not really trying to knock the town too bad.
Everytime I go to those places, it’s full of mean nasty unfriendly people.
Guess I’ve just been unlucky enough to run into them.
But it sure makes me never want to come back.

Badger40 on May 23, 2011 at 2:58 PM

I’m not going to get in an argument with you – you obviously have made up your mind but don’t lump good, honest people in with the people looting in one small section of the city. Contrary to what you believe – most people find us very friendly and welcoming.

gophergirl on May 23, 2011 at 3:07 PM

GrannyDee on May 23, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Thanks Granny I will, his son managed to post to his Dad’s facebook wall to let us know he was okay – and then later that his Nana had passed during the storm. Living through that monster was one thing, to lose somebody has to make everything even the more devastating it’s a lot for a soul to bear.

God Bless them All, my prayers to all the folks who were in the path of that twister.

This was uploaded to you tube after the tornado.

Dr Evil on May 23, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Springfield Mo post the tornado an hour in the opposite direction in Joplin, MO. I am guessing people had their cell phones and we’re recording the video of what the sky looked like post tornado, the double rainbow was visible from more than one vantage point?

Dr Evil on May 23, 2011 at 3:17 PM

laurakbarr on May 23, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Not sure you will make it back to this thread Laura, but how did the area survive near exit 8 along I-44? Based on the google map, it appears just east of the high school and hospital area. I usually stay at the fairfield inn there when I travel to/from Texas. I looked on the marriott website and they are not taking reservations at that hotel for the next few weeks. That whole area at that exit is the perfect stop before heading into Oklahoma. It has lots of gas stations, restaurants, hotels, etc. How is that area around that exit? I never ventured much further into the city from that area, but the people I have encountered there have always been so midwest friendly. I am worried about all of them, and the whole town.

karenhasfreedom on May 23, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I spent my Freshman year at Missouri Southern in Joplin many years ago. Haven’t heard anything about the school being hit, but so much damage to that great little town. Heartbreaking.

Kevin71 on May 23, 2011 at 4:02 PM

I live in Northwest Arkansas and many of the businesses here are currently holding food drives. A lot of people I know who aren’t chained to their desks or various other jobs are heading to Joplin to Volunteer.

People are giving food, water, clothing, and blood. Most of us have friends in that city. I have at least a dozen. Thankfully all but one is accounted for that I know of right now.

Being as the red cross is the greatest relief presence currently there (Wal-Mart I would bet is not far behind) if anyone wants to help in any way check here: http://www.facebook.com/OzarksRedCross

There’s a lot to be done.

Thanks Tina for posting this. It’s heart warming to see on my favorite Conservative blog site.

One Angry Christian on May 23, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Springfield, MO here. Just down the road from Joplin. It was odd seeing the videos last night and knowing I have driven on those roads so many times.

They police were having to turn people away from helping last night as they didn’t have the organization to direct a rescue force of that magnitude. One of our employees huddled in his hall closet with his wife and 21 month old boy…they ended up in the front yard, but survived. Another employee still hasn’t found his grandmother. Her house was leveled, and nobody has heard from her.

We are sending box trucks full of water and food down there tomorrow, instead of the product shipments we would normally be sending.

We’re Missouri, we’re stubborn, and we help each other. =)

Cizero on May 23, 2011 at 5:33 PM

We’re Missouri, we’re stubborn, and we help each other. =)

Arkansas has your back too. :)

One Angry Christian on May 23, 2011 at 5:53 PM

OmahaConservative on May 23, 2011 at 1:52 PM

… his son managed to post to his Dad’s facebook wall to let us know he was okay – and then later that his Nana had passed during the storm. …

Dr Evil on May 23, 2011 at 3:10 PM

{{{hugs O.C. and Dr. E.}}}

Prayers going up now and money going out tonight for all those in need.

Mary in LA on May 23, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Springfield MO here also. This whole thing has been surreal. We’re tornado alley around here, but never seen anything of this magnitude, and I’ve been here for 17 years. I’ve made a large donation to Missouri’s United Way tornado relief fund. Friends are donating and providing food and water. Another vet friend is working with the humane society to find, rescue and work on lost and injured pets. The sheer amount of help that has descended already on Joplin within 24 hours has been amazing. It will take a long time for these people to rebuild. With 116 dead and counting, this is definitely the worst natural disaster in this area as far as I know. But we will pull together and eventually, over time, get these people back to some semblance of a normal life.

zauriel on May 23, 2011 at 10:34 PM

I’m waiting for the slimeball eco nuts and Algore to blame this on agw. How anyone can use a disaster like this to further a fraud and scam is disgusting. Haven’t heard from them yet, but just you wait.

Kissmygrits on May 23, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Been thru Greensburg several times. My relatives were missed. 12 died. (Obama said 10,000 died)

This is much wider in scope than Greensburg.

seven on May 24, 2011 at 8:18 AM