Crisis in Dublin: Presidential limo felled by speed bump

posted at 4:12 pm on May 23, 2011 by Allahpundit

If you haven’t already watched the clip on every other righty blog in America, behold the “clang” heard ’round the world. (O wasn’t in the stuck car, apparently, but the one right behind it.) What you’re seeing here is eight tons of fine GM craftsmanship slam instantly to a halt — on the grounds of the U.S. embassy, no less. Damn DrewM for beating me to the punch on the obligatory “metaphor of the day” gag.

The crowds over there seem to love him, but between this and having to leave early to stay ahead of the ash cloud drifting over from Iceland, he’s had a rough day so far. No wonder he ended up hitting the pub; that’s your second clip below. Exit quotation: “Is feidir linn.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The whole episode is a perfect example of his whole administration.

El Coqui on May 23, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Get a load of those fake eyelashes MO is wearing. They look like hairy spiders glued on her.

Cody1991 on May 23, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Counter Balance

bopbottle on May 23, 2011 at 5:52 PM

The whole episode is a perfect example of his whole administration.

El Coqui on May 23, 2011 at 5:49 PM

All we need to complete the script is a video of him tripping on AF1 stairs.

Paging Mr. Chevy Chase….Mr. Chase, please pick up the nearest courtesy phone….Mr. Chevy Chase….

BobMbx on May 23, 2011 at 6:02 PM

I can’t even look at the current residents of the WH! I’m instantly sickened and disheartened by both the GOP and the socialist’s who call themselves Democrats!

Vntnrse on May 23, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Note to bad guys: Please don’t watch this video and get the bright idea to rig motorcade roads to blow a little trench under the wheels of Barry’s ride. Thank you.

Alden Pyle on May 23, 2011 at 6:10 PM

I would pay a lot of money to see the LimoCam version, because I am quite confident that Obama would not be wearing a seatbelt that early in the trip.

Oh the irony. Oh the symbolism.

cannonball on May 23, 2011 at 6:17 PM

“his great-great-great grandfather”

Shite of the bull. Obama’s as Irish as my Honda.

infidel4life on May 23, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Must read

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Shite of the bull. Obama’s as Irish as my Honda. -
infidel4life on May 23, 2011 at 6:21 PM

He is only half African and never had a family member enslaved by the evil white man. And, sat in the congregation of The Reverend Wright and did not here anything objectionable. How this man became president of this country, I will never comprehend.

SC.Charlie on May 23, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Kinda OT: My wife and I were watching the news this morning before work, and they mentioned Obama being in Ireland, and she said: “I thought they chased all the snakes out of Ireland? Now they are importing them?”

I died laughing.

portlandon on May 23, 2011 at 4:34 PM

+200 proof! (since beer is sort of on topic for this thread)

Mary in LA on May 23, 2011 at 6:48 PM

That was funny but yeah kinda describes his administration perfectly

It’s all shiny and new and nice looking, heading towards that hopeychangey future and CLANK gets hung up on reality

Defector01 on May 23, 2011 at 6:56 PM

He’s being White now because, oh boy, next year it’s all black all the time.

SouthernGent on May 23, 2011 at 7:00 PM

I didn’t know BHO had green in him, I thought he was almost all Yella with unhealthy tinge of red.

His ego must be getting heavier to cause such issues with such a fine piece of machinery from Government Motors.

VikingGoneWild on May 23, 2011 at 7:25 PM

It might of fit if he was more to the right and not in the center of the gate. As there was no Secret Service panic, this was know that this can happen. May have happened to other cars that once the some people got out they cleared but as the beast is the weight of 7 cars they could not get the suspension up.

Anything that can cause a pause in movement and ambush situation is not allowed so they plan that is what the bus is for at the ready to block. They knew that they might needed to switch outside the gate they where hoping that they would not need to.

tjexcite on May 23, 2011 at 7:34 PM

VikingGoneWild on May 23, 2011 at 7:25 PM

With the mountain of coke he snorted with “marxist professors and structural feminists”, he’s mostly all white.

Western_Civ on May 23, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Wanted to check in and see how many people have been banned from this thread?
I’m just going to say….Get Moving.

HornetSting on May 23, 2011 at 7:35 PM

I bet the Secret Service were freaking out…

equanimous on May 23, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Wanted to check in and see how many people have been banned from this thread?
I’m just going to say….Get Moving.

HornetSting on May 23, 2011 at 7:35 PM

test test test…

ted c on May 23, 2011 at 7:35 PM

I bet the Secret Service were freaking out…

equanimous on May 23, 2011 at 7:35 PM

can you imagine the “ohhhh shhh!!!t!” that went across their network there??~?

ted c on May 23, 2011 at 7:36 PM

As there was no Secret Service panic,

tjexcite on May 23, 2011 at 7:34 PM

that we saw…

equanimous on May 23, 2011 at 7:37 PM

VikingGoneWild on May 23, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Western_Civ on May 23, 2011 at 7:34 PM

It’s not “coke” anymore. It’s Yay Yay, Cotton Candy or Devil’s Dandruff. Of course I don’t know for sure but that’s what I hear at the club.

VikingGoneWild on May 23, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Now all the terrorist in the world how easy it is to attack the presidential motorcade.

jpcpt03 on May 23, 2011 at 7:45 PM

As funny as the stuck limo was (for a mulitude of reasons), NOTHING beats this:

-Aslan’s Girl, who’s still giggling over it

Aslans Girl on May 23, 2011 at 8:39 PM

How are things in bumpa-mora?

unclesmrgol on May 23, 2011 at 8:54 PM

The beer and ale is a lot stronger in Europe. I wonder if he started to giggle after a pint or two.

Kissmygrits on May 23, 2011 at 11:06 PM

“…motorcade unexpectedly bottoms out…”

The word “unexpectedly” sure is used a lot with this administration.

boomer on May 23, 2011 at 11:08 PM

-Aslan’s Girl, who’s still giggling over it

Aslans Girl on May 23, 2011 at 8:39 PM

The Daily Mail gives Obama credit for boosting the local economy. I really wish reporters would learn more about economics. You don’t boost an economy by shutting down the airport; nor by having thousands take the day off from their productive jobs (unless they were all government workers and didn’t get paid for the day–is it possible?); nor by using discretionary funds to buy lottery tickets to stand in line; nor even by obtaining “free” Guiness from the brewery (I assume it had no production cost/sarc.)

Just like Obama’s concept of economics: so long as economic activity is occurring, people are too stupid to determine whether it’s productive activity or costly activity. Besides, if the government gives enough subsidies even the costliest activity can be artificially enhanced to appear productive.

Common sense–and therefore conservatism–is under assault all around the world.

rwenger43 on May 24, 2011 at 12:19 AM

He is a halfrican american. No more, no less.

carbon_footprint on May 24, 2011 at 12:39 AM

So… who else really believes this the first limo to bottom out on that hump? Let’s just say that some bets may have been made before the limo headed out, and the same bets might have been paid while the baby was still crying.
Those quaint ole Irish Kidders.

RalphyBoy on May 24, 2011 at 10:45 AM

When a Navy ship runs aground, the Skipper gets canned. Well, teh Won is CIC.

Caststeel on May 23, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Not our Dear Leader.

His standard routine is to blame his predecessor.

Sir Napsalot on May 24, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Saying “Cheers” in an Irish Pub? This should be an Obamateurism of the Day.

Mike Morrissey on May 23, 2011 at 5:19 PM

No TOTUS there to translate ‘Cheers’ in Austrian for him.

Sir Napsalot on May 24, 2011 at 11:54 AM