Mitch Daniels passes on 2012 run

posted at 10:00 am on May 22, 2011 by Jazz Shaw

It may go down as one of the more ironic turns on the 2012 campaign trail. The one man who seemed to have the world beating a path to his door, offering to largely pay his tab for fundraising, some essentially begging him to toss his hat in the ring, was the one guy who honestly didn’t want to do it and had good reasons to decline. Mitch Daniels issues his “no thank you” for a presidential run.

Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels told supporters in an email early Sunday that he will not run for president in 2012, a decision he said ultimately came down to his family’s reticence about a campaign.

The announcement by the former Office of Management and Budget director and favorite of much of the Republican establishment will again roil the unsettled GOP field—and likely intensify efforts to convince another major candidate to join the race, such as former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush or New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

The e-mail he sent to supporters was short and polite, but to the point.

“The counsel and encouragement I received from important citizens like you caused me to think very deeply about becoming a national candidate. In the end, I was able to resolve every competing consideration but one, but that, the interests and wishes of my family, is the most important consideration of all. If I have disappointed you, I will always be sorry.”

This will come as a disappointment to a lot of establishment party regulars who seemed to see Mitch as their next best hope. (Though not to the more energized wings of the base who are lining up behind their own favorites, some of whom are seen as more dark horse candidates.) But in the end, it’s pretty hard to argue with the governor’s reasons. Running for President is a draining, 24/7 affair and it affects their entire family, not just the candidate. If his wife and the rest of the Daniels clan were seriously opposed to it before he even got out of the gate, it would drain a lot of the fire out of his belly. (Or that of any potential nominee.)

The exit question, just as it was with the last several high profile departures, is who does this benefit? Will Mitch be endorsing anyone else any time soon or just taking more of a Haley Barbour approach and “support the eventual nominee?” Since he was never officially in the race, which segment of the base is left looking for a home, if any? Honestly, I didn’t see that much buzz about him outside of would-be beltway kingmakers. Call me crazy, but I really don’t think an exit by Daniels shakes up the early stages of the race all that much.

Update (Ed): In the beginning of this cycle, I expected the GOP to nominate a hypercompetent successful executive as the logical contrast to Barack Obama’s inexperienced incompetence.  So who has dropped out of the running early?  Three multi-term governors: Mike Huckabee, Haley Barbour and Mitch Daniels.  If the field doesn’t change after Monday when Tim Pawlenty officially enters the race, that will leave him as the hypercompetent executive choice against Mitt Romney’s money and established inside position.

Of course, the field could change.  Sarah Palin could enter it, which seems more likely than not, and she already has an energized base.  Rick Perry might take notice of the room in the field for multi-term successful governors and for Southern candidates.  Daniels’ withdrawal makes a candidacy from both more attractive.

I’m not terribly surprised that Daniels came to this decision, though.  He didn’t seem terribly enthusiastic about having his family history turned into campaign fodder, and I can’t say as I blame him.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

What I have never figured out is how she got the correctly spelled f word past the filters
OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 4:34 PM

I was there for that.
Maybe she is Allah’s secret lover.
She found his password in the underwear drawer that night.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Wh did she aim her sites on? Was it Meathead???? Our quotes of her f-bombs remained up after her posts disappeared.
Lolz. Fun times…

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Neither is willing to take a stand and they change sides as the wind blows…making them undependable.

tencole on May 22, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Actually, this is a very good point.
One I hadn’t really consciously considered.
I know lots of people who live their lives like this.
Many of them use either political term to describe themselves.
Interesting.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Lolz. Fun times…

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 4:40 PM

I can’t remember for the life of me!
But where would the fun be without trolls?
It’s so sad to see them go.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 4:41 PM

But where would the fun be without trolls?
It’s so sad to see them go.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 4:41 PM

I still miss getalife after all this time…

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 4:43 PM

I still miss getalife after all this time…

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 4:43 PM

I do too!
Luckily, for ridiculous comic relief, we do still have sesquid.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 4:44 PM

If you’re offended by the vulgarity of them, then you are certainly free to ignore me.

Again, I’m nowhere near offended whatsoever. Try to keep up, child.

But I find it’s useful in getting my point across.
As I did with you.

It’s not working. It only makes you look weak and desperate.

Your characterization of Palin using her family situation as some sort of circus for bonus points was $hitty.

I never said or even implied that. Try to keep up.

What really is interesting is the fact that you want me banned.

I think it would be in HA best interest.

You called me a drama queen, which I consider very offensive. Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 4:16 PM

You are a bit slow, so I’ll try again. I would never be offended by the thoughts, words, opinions, etc.. of the likes of you. You give yourself way too much credit. Also, I could care less what you are offended by. HA, like some others, has a threshold for lack of decorum. I think you are well under it.

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Guess nottakingsides doesen’t realize Badger40 is well-liked and highly regarded in these precincts while she is an unknown nobody…

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 4:25 PM

So true, so true…

ladyingray on May 22, 2011 at 4:50 PM

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 4:25 PM

That would say a lot about the “precincts”.

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 4:50 PM

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Decorum???
Lolz
You have apparently never been in an overnight QOTD thread…

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 4:50 PM

I wasn’t trying hard.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 4:29 PM

You even admitted so.

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Okay…I’ll bite.

My opinion….nothing.

What say you?

tencole on May 22, 2011 at 4:38 PM

This!

ladyingray on May 22, 2011 at 4:54 PM

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Well if I am such a waste of your time, & you don’t care about the things I say, & if they don’t offend you & you think I’m so slow, seriously, what is wrong with you that you are wasting your time with me?
Are you a self appointed HA policeman?

I think it would be in HA best interest.

It’s not working. It only makes you look weak and desperate.

Evidently something I said did get you worked up.
Bcs you’re spending time responding to me & you want me banned.
Really. If I am such an insignificant creature to you, what is your reasons for keeping at me here?
You are free to ignore.
Sticks & stones?

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 4:46 PM

So you don’t care if I am offended, but somehow you care if others are offended. Or is it you aren’t offended, but my opinions of you are offending to you?
Or perhaps you’re just a ninny who doesn’t want to hear that others think you’re being a jerk?

I never said or even implied that. Try to keep up.

IMO you quipping Palin touted her kids around etc. was implicit of that.
Don’t like my analysis of your words? Too bad.
I guess if you can use your powers to silnce me, go for it.
But for someone who claims they are not bothered by someone saying things like I have here, you sure are going about it the wrong way.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Luckily, for ridiculous comic relief, we do still have sesquid.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 4:44 PM

And don’t forget Bruti!

ladyingray on May 22, 2011 at 4:55 PM

BTW- just a little advice here on HA’s goings on.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Again, for the slow one, I am not offended whatsoever. You are simply demonstrating your desperation and weaknesses. HA typically pulls the plug on your kind sooner or later.

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 4:55 PM

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 4:46 PM

You should stop while you’re behind…

ladyingray on May 22, 2011 at 4:56 PM

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 4:46 PM

HA is famous for it’s knock-down drag-out slugfests.
If you’re looking for great-auntie Fannie’s salons or drawing rooms this ain’t the place for you…

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 4:57 PM

My opinion….nothing.

tencole on May 22, 2011 at 4:38 PM

So you’ve proven you don’t know the difference also. It has nothing to do with opinion.

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 4:59 PM

No actually using vulgarity is typically a sign of desperation and lack of intelligence.

If that is offensive, it’s unfortunate.
It’s not offensive to me whatsoever. Try to keep up, kid.

I think calling out Palin… was crap.
Are you 8 yrs old? You do know that an online Thesaurus is readily available for people like you.

And I thought you were being a d!ckhead for it.
Perhaps pinhead is a better characterization of you?
I personally wanted to use something a little more insulting.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 2:15 PM
Again, you failed miserably at insulting. It is even more sad knowing that you are trying so hard.

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 4:18 PM

I wasn’t trying hard.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 4:29 PM
You even admitted so.

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Oh I think vulgarity can be an especially useful tool for getting the point across, as well as getting someon’s attention.
IMO I think there’s a place for it.
Do I need to use a Thesauraus when responding to you?
What’s wrong with the word ‘crap’? I happen to like its simplicity.
And I’m not sure where in this thread you are alluding to that I admitted I was trying so hard to insult you.
Unless you consider my pointed use of pr!ck & d!ickhead as trying hard.
Those words actually weren’t very hard to come up with.
And I do find them rather juvenile & amusing.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:03 PM

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Who appointed you HA cop?

ladyingray on May 22, 2011 at 5:05 PM

HA is famous for it’s knock-down drag-out slugfests.

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Ain’t it the truth!

ladyingray on May 22, 2011 at 5:06 PM

My opinion….nothing.

tencole on May 22, 2011 at 4:38 PM

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 4:59 PM

I think his analysis is correct.
And yes, it does have to do with opinion.
There’s no quantitave measurement of what a Conservative or Moderate is.
It’s actually all biased.
You & I are both biased when it comes to characterizations this way.
However, what is interesting is who is closest to reality factually.
The real test is how many ‘moderates’ & ‘independents’ vote consistently for people who support, directly or indirectly, socialist policies.
My experience with actually people who use these terms to self identify with have been people who support socialist policies.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:07 PM

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 4:55 PM

If you are not offended, then why are you bothering responding to me at all?
What is ‘my kind’?

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:10 PM

HA typically pulls the plug on your kind sooner or later.

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Did MadisonConservative die and make you the new Blog Monitor?

darwin-t on May 22, 2011 at 5:11 PM

What is ‘my kind’?

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:10 PM

You know,don’t try to pretend that you’re slow or something.

darwin-t on May 22, 2011 at 5:12 PM

nottakingsides

Clearly my style offends you.
Hence the amount of time & effort you have displayed here in responding to me.
I think you also would have found the following people irritating to you:
Thomas Jefferson
Samuel Adams
Thomas Paine
And all the other guys that hung around with them.
And for heaven’s sake, if you run into a guy like Alexander Hamilton, don’t look him in the eye.
Bcs you’d probably want to ban him.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:13 PM

This was always a sucker’s bet. Obama has been (will be) President for years, which trumps any candidate.

faraway on May 22, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Still trying to decide if nottakingsides is a concern troll, a bombastic Drywall-type troll or just a garden-variety troll…

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:14 PM

You know,don’t try to pretend that you’re slow or something.

darwin-t on May 22, 2011 at 5:12 PM

I a m s l o w.
Mah ‘kind’ is that red-neck, gun-totin’ bitter clinging Tea Party kind.
That shoots pheasants’ heads off in her yard with a .22 pistol.
And flips off Google Earth naked in my yard/pasture from the inflatable pool.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:15 PM

What is ‘my kind’?

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:10 PM

We are the little people. We don’t know how awesome he is to give his thought to us. Why I think he is the Comment King.

djohn669 on May 22, 2011 at 5:16 PM

I have to “care” about you to toy with you? How are YOU not “wasting your time”? Are you curing cancer? I wasn’t aware of your higher purpose.

Evidently something I said did get you worked up.

Just because you are getting the attention you desire, doesn’t mean the observers are “worked up” at all. Don’t you wish.

Bcs you’re spending time responding to me & you want me banned.

Stating the obvious.

“Keeping” at you, whatever that means, has nothing to do with your insignificance.

So you don’t care if I am offended

It took a while, but you finally got it.

but somehow you care if others are offended.

No, not at all. Not even on the radar. You are obsessed with the “offended” strawman. Keep going though. I’m sure your HA admirers think this is genius.

Or is it you aren’t offended, but my opinions of you are offending to you?

Wow..LOL! Nothing you could say, could offend me, as I’ve said multiple times. You give yourself WAY too much credit, as I’ve said multiple time. Get it?

I guess if you can use your powers to silnce me,

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 4:54 PM

More drama queenism, huh? Your word choice was problematic and is banworthy, not the content. Try to keep up.

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 5:16 PM

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:14 PM

But troll is a certainty…

ladyingray on May 22, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Obama has been (will be) President for years, which trumps any candidate.

faraway on May 22, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Pessimist!
Come on now.
There is reason to be optimistic.
We have survived the ending of the world.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:17 PM

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 5:16 PM

No, it wasn’t. You try to keep up.

ladyingray on May 22, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Obama has been (will be) President for years, which trumps any candidate.

faraway on May 22, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Jimmeh!!!!

ladyingray on May 22, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Clearly my style offends you.

Don’t you wish.

Hence the amount of time & effort you have displayed here in responding to me.

“time and effort” equates to “offended” only in your world.

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 5:21 PM

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:14 PM

But troll is a certainty…

ladyingray on May 22, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Lolz.

That she is…

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:21 PM

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 5:21 PM

If her styles doesn’t offend you, why do you want her banned? Her words are totally permissable here.

ladyingray on May 22, 2011 at 5:22 PM

I a m s l o w.
Mah ‘kind’ is that red-neck, gun-totin’ bitter clinging Tea Party kind.
That shoots pheasants’ heads off in her yard with a .22 pistol.

That’s some mighty fancy shootin’ there little lady.

darwin-t on May 22, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Actually, it’s really muddy outside here from all of the rain & I don’t want to go outside & fix fence or chase dry cows in the mud on my horse right now.

Actually, it is really fun to get such ‘attention’ sometimes. But you are worked up. Bcs you like it all just as much. Or else you’d be curing cancer yourself.

Bcs you’re spending time responding to me & you want me banned.
Stating the obvious.

Oh I see. So you’re trying to get me banned. Bcs I would never have figured that out.
Bcs I am s l o w u c.

Must be bcs you’re trying to get me banned instead of debating the issues.

So you don’t care if I am offended

It took a while, but you finally got it.

Splitting the quote to take it out of context.
Obama would be proud.

but somehow you care if others are offended.

So you are trying to get me banned for what reason?
I would assume it’s bcs you don’t like my opinions.

Or is it you aren’t offended, but my opinions of you are offending to you?

Say what you want.
Obama says lots of things. But that doesn’t mean they are really true.
Actions.

I guess if you can use your powers to silnce me,

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 4:54 PM

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Let’s let Allah & Ed decide what is banworthy, shall we?
Bcs when I say someone is acting like a pr!ck or a d!ckhead, they are grown men enough to make up their own minds about what I mean.
It isn’t the words, it is the substance that matters here.
I think your analysis & characterizations are WRONG.
That’s the deal.
No one said you have to agree to be here.
And if you want to be a troll, well I hope you get better at it.
We do need some good ones around here.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:26 PM

And if you want to be a troll, well I hope you get better at it.
We do need some good ones around here.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:26 PM

The quality of our trolls really has been slipping lately.
Must be due to the 0bameconomy…

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:29 PM

That’s some mighty fancy shootin’ there little lady.

darwin-t on May 22, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Actually, I think I was lucky.
Hubby is much better at it than I am.
But them beavers weren’t so lucky we got the other day.
You can’t imagine how many trees they can kill!

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:30 PM

And if you want to be a troll, well I hope you get better at it.
We do need some good ones around here.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:26 PM

The quality of our trolls really has been slipping lately.
Must be due to the 0bameconomy…

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Yeah. Basically they just suck.

Oh wait! Do you suppose nottakingsides will now want me banned?

ladyingray on May 22, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Must be due to the 0bameconomy…

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:29 PM

LOL!
Townhall has really supplied some lame a$$ entertainment.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Oh wait! Do you suppose nottakingsides will now want me banned?

ladyingray on May 22, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Gotta be careful.
The word ‘suck’ can be taken soooo many ways…..

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:31 PM

But them beavers weren’t so lucky we got the other day.
You can’t imagine how many trees they can kill!

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Are beavers edible/good eatin’ meat?

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:33 PM

But them beavers weren’t so lucky we got the other day.
You can’t imagine how many trees they can kill!

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Oh yes I can! I hate them little phuqerz. Them pelts make nice gloves though.

darwin-t on May 22, 2011 at 5:34 PM

And yes, it does have to do with opinion.
There’s no quantitave measurement of what a Conservative or Moderate is.
It’s actually all biased.
Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:07 PM

We were not discussing the nuances of political philosophies or the labels thereof.

Independant voter is referring to the (non)affiliation with a political party.

Moderate political philosophy is a reference to the degree (moderate) of association with political philosophy/s.

An Independant voter could be anywhere on the spectrum of political philosophies (extreme right or left), or not even follow politics whatsoever.

A moderate philosophy is typically a compromise, or the moderate individual has certain characteristics that allow them to be swayed, to a certain degree, one way or another. And so on.

An independant voter can be a moderate, anarchist, libertarian, socialist, “extreme” right/left, etc.. In any case, they aren’t affiliated with a party for one reason or another.

So it is ridiculous to assume that all independants blow with the wind, and are moderates. It has nothing to do with OPINION, it is a fact.

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Oh yes I can! I hate them little phuqerz. Them pelts make nice gloves though.

darwin-t on May 22, 2011 at 5:34 PM

*Gasp*
bannable.

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Are beavers edible/good eatin’ meat?

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:33 PM

I have a trapper friend who says so but their diet consists of eating cellulose, crapping it out and eating the crap. You be the judge as to whether you’d eat it.

darwin-t on May 22, 2011 at 5:36 PM

So what does it take to get banned around here?

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Wow, I am very late to this thread, but I see the Turnip Truck came thru HA at 2:10 PM…

Del Dolemonte on May 22, 2011 at 5:36 PM

*Gasp*
bannable.

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:35 PM

No, creative

darwin-t on May 22, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Del Dolemonte on May 22, 2011 at 5:36 PM

*SNORT*

darwin-t on May 22, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Let’s let Allah & Ed decide what is banworthy, shall we?

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:26 PM

I never said that they shouldn’t make the decision. Another strawman.

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 5:39 PM

darwin-t on May 22, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Uhhh, guess not, but it was worth asking…
Have you checked out the price of a good steak lately?

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Have you checked out the price of a good steak lately?

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Ground beef and 7-bone roast around here these days.

darwin-t on May 22, 2011 at 5:41 PM

(munch… munch… munch)

(Reads thread…, takes another handful of popcorn)

(munch… munch… munch)

Seven Percent Solution on May 22, 2011 at 5:41 PM

When did the discussion veer away fro Mitch Milquetoast?

darwin-t on May 22, 2011 at 5:43 PM

(munch… munch… munch)

(Reads thread…, takes another handful of popcorn)

(munch… munch… munch)

Seven Percent Solution on May 22, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Same here..

Can we start a drinking game?

idesign on May 22, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Are beavers edible/good eatin’ meat?

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:33 PM

I think the Indians around here used to eat their tail meat.
They probably just taste like wood.

darwin-t on May 22, 2011 at 5:36 PM

I was on the riverbank one day last summer & this beaver came out of the water & didn’t know I was watching him.
He started to graze, just like a cow.
It was funny to watch bcs I never expected it. A grazing beaver.

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I didn’t say they ALL were. Just like not ALL teachers are Democrats.
But a LOT of them SEEM to be.
And it doesn’t matter what anyone labels themselves.
Moderate or Independent, no matter how you define it, it could mean something totally different to someone else.
Like what the definition of what ‘sex’ is. Or ‘is’ is.
It is interesting to ferret out what someone means when they call themselves by a label.
Many people identifiy themselves as ‘Christians’ & yet act very un-Christ-like.
A woman can call herself a man, & yet, without the Y chromosome, she is not.
OK these are silly comparisons.
But they illustrate that Moderate & Independ can be reduced to meaningless affiliations.
The facts are, if you side with people who appeal to any type of socialism, you aren’t for the principles that founded this country, no matter what you’re calling yourself.

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Sure we are. This is how the posers are exposed.
The fakes are ousted out into the open.
And so now tell us why Palin is wrong for this country.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Let’s let Allah & Ed decide what is banworthy, shall we?

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:26 PM
I never said that they shouldn’t make the decision. Another strawman.

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Obtuse-Man: you were alluding to it by crying about how I am ban worthy.
Stop being an a$$ weenie-boy & take your damned lumps.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:47 PM

When did the discussion veer away fro Mitch Milquetoast?

darwin-t on May 22, 2011 at 5:43 PM

When the nottakingsides troll started attacking Badger40 and she hysterically and priggish called for her ban

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Another strawman.

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 5:39 PM

The big strawman here is you crying about words like pr!ck & d!ckhead.
Why is it so bad for Palin to have taken her kids on the campaign trail with her?
Why was it bad for Bristol to have on her own gone on Dancing With the Stars?
Why was Palin’s AK show such a bad idea?
Those are the real questions.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Can we start a drinking game?

idesign on May 22, 2011 at 5:44 PM

I’ve got a minifridge FULL of Mike’s lemonades & a whole summer ahead of me with no 8-3:30 work.
Let me start.
Drink at any word or phrase talking about ‘banning’.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Oh, I just assumed nottakingsides was a she because of her stuffy ol’ lady ways and handwringing over your earthy and plainspeakin’ words…
My bad.

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Drink at any word or phrase talking about ‘banning’.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:50 PM

I’ll start, retroactively, here in a few.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Are beavers edible/good eatin’ meat?

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Tastes like Iguana.

P. Monk on May 22, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Let me start.
Drink at any word or phrase talking about ‘banning’.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:50 PM

I’m in, starting now!

idesign on May 22, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Drink at any word or phrase talking about ‘banning’.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:50 PM

I’ll start, retroactively, here in a few.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Just cracked open a cold one…

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Why was it bad for Bristol to have on her own gone on Dancing With the Stars?
Why was Palin’s AK show such a bad idea?
Those are the real questions.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:48 PM

And here’s the answer to all the above: They apparently didn’t destroy Palin the way the ankle-biters predicted and would’ve liked.

pseudoforce on May 22, 2011 at 5:53 PM

My bad.

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:50 PM

LMABO!
Actually, I have no idea what he/she is.
Estrogen makes women stupid. So there’s that.
Testosterone makes them violent.
I opt for woman or Omega male.
OMG! Is it Allah?!
JK Allah.
You know we love your ways.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Hence Independant (right-leaning to extreme right) voters (not moderates) who refuse to be associated with the socialist policies, socialist establishment, socialist candidates, neo-conservatism, etc.. at the heart of the GOP. A party that has either moved America to the left, away from the foundings, or has at least been complicit in doing so.

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:53 PM

You do have a way of attracting the trolls and gettin’ their ire up, darlin’

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:57 PM

I think the Indians around here used to eat their tail meat.
They probably just taste like wood.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:44 PM

According to Wikipedia it tastes like lean beef.

Try it and let us know ;)

DarkCurrent on May 22, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Mike’s Hard Limeade is purty good.
I need some more banning talk troll!

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 6:01 PM

DarkCurrent on May 22, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Beaver meat is similar tasting to lean beef, but care must be taken to prevent contamination from the animal’s strong castor (musk) gland. It is usually slow-cooked in a broth, and was a valuable food source to Native Americans.[citation needed] Early French Canadian Catholics considered beaver to be “four-legged fish” that could be eaten at Lent.[83]

Despite their name, the fried pastries found in parts of Canada called beaver tails contain no beaver.

Interesting…

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 6:02 PM

According to Wikipedia it tastes like lean beef.

Try it and let us know ;)

DarkCurrent on May 22, 2011 at 5:58 PM

In spite of the vast irrefutable knowledge to be gleaned from Wikipedia I still believe that it tastes like Iguana.

P. Monk on May 22, 2011 at 6:02 PM

According to Wikipedia it tastes like lean beef.

Try it and let us know ;)

DarkCurrent on May 22, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Not chicken?

ladyingray on May 22, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:48 PM

She takes her kids everywhere. Always has.

Why was it bad for Bristol to have on her own gone on Dancing With the Stars?

She’s an adult. Her choice. It was fun. She made some serious $ doing it too, I suspect.

Why was Palin’s AK show such a bad idea?

SP’s AK was a brilliant showcase of AK. Huge benefit to AK. We got to see SP palling around in her neighborhood. It was also the best election commercial she could have had. Opened herself up to the rest of the country. And she loved it.

These are softballs. Do you have any more?

Paul-Cincy on May 22, 2011 at 6:04 PM

No wonder France is so fracked-up. Danged Frogs don’t even know the difference between a fish and a rodent.

P. Monk on May 22, 2011 at 6:06 PM

I’m just glad that we will not have to hear anymore about this guy who won awards from terrorist-linked Arab groups, appointed a judge who ruled that the 4th Amendment was out the window, and wanted a truce on so-con issues. Good riddance! Take that, GOP Establishment!

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on May 22, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 5:44 PM

nottakingsides on May 22, 2011 at 5:57 PM

I’m not a GOP establishment gal.
Nor am I independent.
Nor am I totally ‘moderate’.
Bcs some social issues are crucial, & most socialist policies are awful. Especially on the federal level.
So are you saying Independents are

(right-leaning to extreme right) voters

??
And I’m curious. If I liked Bush on some stuff, am I a necon?
And how do you feel about Obama?
And why is Palin a problem?

Try it and let us know ;)

DarkCurrent on May 22, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Not without you! Come & visit Mr. & we’ll get you some!
Beaver Egg Rolls!
With a fried egg on top!

You do have a way of attracting the trolls and gettin’ their ire up, darlin’

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Probably why I’ve been married twice before this gem I’ve got now.
The 2nd used to say:
You don’t sugar coat things.
You should try.
And this precious quote directed at me:
Why can’t you just let me be right?

Pounce on it troll! I gave you some ammo!

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 6:07 PM

These are softballs. Do you have any more?

Paul-Cincy on May 22, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I think she wants an answer from nottakingsides…

*wink

ladyingray on May 22, 2011 at 6:07 PM

These are softballs. Do you have any more?

Paul-Cincy on May 22, 2011 at 6:04 PM

She’s a woman, she hasn’t any balls.

darwin-t on May 22, 2011 at 6:08 PM

These are softballs. Do you have any more?

Paul-Cincy on May 22, 2011 at 6:04 PM

You’re gonna have to help me here.
Bcs pr!ck, er, buttweed, I mean, uh, poopypants Independent/Moderate Obtuse Man/Woman Creature has not responded to my Palin questions.
I love that she did that AK show.
It was a great idea.
Keeps her in the public eye. We get to know her.
I cannot see how a person couldn’t like her after watching her in her element.
She’s a great lady.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 6:12 PM

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on May 22, 2011 at 6:07 PM

I couldn’t agree more!!!!
Bye the way, do you think that she used a cast iron skillet
to give him those stitches? After all, she is a very homey girl.

P. Monk on May 22, 2011 at 6:12 PM

She’s a woman, she hasn’t any balls.

darwin-t on May 22, 2011 at 6:08 PM

My hubby does say I must have been a man in my last life.
I am very insensitive & blunt.
Which is why women friends are few & far between.
too needy & mushy.
I have made school children cry by just looking at them.
But really, I’m a softy.
Except when it comes to this country that I love.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Man, did this thread get all AnninCA’d up, or what ??

Jerome Horwitz on May 22, 2011 at 6:15 PM

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on May 22, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Yup.
Buh-bye Mitch…
Don’t let the door hit ya’ where the Good Lord split ya’

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 6:15 PM

But really, I’m a softy.
Except when it comes to this country that I love.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 6:14 PM

+10000000000
God Bless & keep ya’ darlin’

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Man, did this thread get all AnninCA’d up, or what ??

Jerome Horwitz on May 22, 2011 at 6:15 PM

I helped it along. But it’s hard when trolls are around.
Sometimes you can’t help it.
So now clue me in nottakingsides: are you a Mitch lover, Mitt lover, Palin lover, West lover, Paul lover, or OBama lover?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Oh, and: Run, Perry, Run!!

Last night, TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Netowrk) re-aired a 2010 interview with Perry. It was very, very good. A man after God’s heart. I can’t give a direct link, but from here http://www.tbn.org/video_portal/?which=ptl one can “search videos” for Perry (he was on the 2/3/10 show) and fast-forward to his interview (at the 41 minute mark).

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on May 22, 2011 at 6:18 PM

One would think that Bruti would be here defending her now ex-candidate of choice.

kingsjester on May 22, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 6:12 PM

He, she, it…
Just has talking points.

idesign on May 22, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Man, did this thread get all AnninCA’d up, or what ??

Jerome Horwitz on May 22, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Actually has kept me amused on a lazy Sunday afternoon…

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 6:19 PM

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Thanks there OC.
I told the kids when I die, I want the American Flag on my stone, with the epithet “She loved her Country”

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 6:19 PM

kingsjester on May 22, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Conspicuously missing.
I must say, I am disappointed MJB isn’t here today to yak it up.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Hey speaking of AnninCA, now in TX I guess. Where did she go?

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Dunno’
She went missing during my ten month hiatus…

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Hmmmmm. Paging AnninCa!
Hope she’s OK.
Clueless broad. But she was OK sometimes.
Well I guess my questions regarding Palin etc. are not worthy of answering.
I may be acting like a smarta$$ poopy pants right now, but I’m serious about the questions.

my ten month hiatus…

OmahaConservative on May 22, 2011 at 6:23 PM

BTW-it’s so good to have you back. You were missed.

Badger40 on May 22, 2011 at 6:28 PM