Video: New group founded by former WH staffers attacks … Mitt Romney

posted at 7:28 pm on May 20, 2011 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, behold the first 2012 attack ad rolled out by Priorities USA, one of those outrageously outrageous outside groups funded by anonymous donors that The One used to dump on at every opportunity. The first lesson of Hopenchange, though, is that getting elected takes priority over principles (see, e.g., his reversal on accepting public financing in 2008), so now top O-bots Bill Burton and Sean Sweeney have struck out “on their own” to form the very same kind of group in his service. (A previous ad whined about the Koch brothers.) Liberals like Russ Feingold who, contrary to O, actually mean what they preach are horrified, but oh well.

I’m keen to gauge reaction in the comments to the possibility that the White House and its near orbit evidently are treating Romney as the frontrunner right now. Is that simply a nod at the fact that he leads, however narrowly, in most major polls and will almost certainly outraise everyone else? If they genuinely do expect to face him next year, they might as well start tearing him down now. Or are they actually trying to inflate him by focusing on him to the exclusion of other major candidates? (Gingrich, also seen here, doesn’t really count.) It’d be insane to run an ad against Pawlenty or Daniels given that they’d both be tough match-ups for The One and that their big problems are name recognition. Any press, even negative press via liberal attacks, is good press for them. Plus, doing so would reveal Team Obama’s anxiety at having to face them; and in fact, Romney’s team is touting this ad in a fundraising e-mail along those lines, no doubt hoping to bolster his conservative authenticity by showcasing the left’s hostility to him. Exit question: Which is it — is the White House worried or do they want to face him?

Comments

Romney is too easy.

Southernblogger on May 20, 2011 at 7:31 PM

I’m waiting for some group to make an anti-Obammy ad which consists primarily of his verbal tics.

Uh…uh…uh…uh…uh…

Blake on May 20, 2011 at 7:35 PM

I’m donating $20 to Crossroads GPS in response. They do great work.

amerpundit on May 20, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Romney is too easy.

Southernblogger on May 20, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Amen. But I still don’t think this says much about anyone else’s prospects, if you catch my drift. It could be months before the field shakes out, and then we have a primary season to go through.

gryphon202 on May 20, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Of course they want to face him. Is this a real question?

Aquateen Hungerforce on May 20, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Of course they want to face him. Is this a real question?

Aquateen Hungerforce on May 20, 2011 at 7:35 PM

He’d probably be their toughest match-up in terms of fundraising…

Allahpundit on May 20, 2011 at 7:36 PM

good.

Not a Mitt fan…….

Herman and Sarah………..that’d make some lefty heads go into splody mode…..

RealMc on May 20, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Romney’s team, in fact, is touting this ad in a fundraising e-mail, no doubt hoping to bolster his conservative authenticity by showcasing the left’s hostility to him. Exit question: Which is it — is the White House worried or do they want to face him?

You gave the answer directly before the question.

If they dont need to defend Obama/Romneycare , they dont need to defend any form of big government takeover or failure.

the_nile on May 20, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Can’t wait to see the lib attack ads against Herman Cain once he announces his bid on Saturday.

As for this attack on Mittens, well…heck…I’ve said worse about him myself.

GrannyDee on May 20, 2011 at 7:38 PM

As far as the question, they want to face him. Obama can say they used Mitt’s plan as a template but made it more responsible financially. They definitely want him or Huntsman if Palin is not available.

Southernblogger on May 20, 2011 at 7:38 PM

He’d probably be their toughest match-up in terms of fundraising…

Allahpundit on May 20, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Ron Paul could do pretty well with fundraising too. His folks would sell their homes and cars to fund ads for him.

Unfortunately, money isn’t everything if your record sucks and it can be used to beat you over the head.

See: Meg Whitman, Carly Fiorina, Linda McMahon.

amerpundit on May 20, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Romney will make them defend it. They’ll throw RomneyCare right back in his face, of course, but he’ll pound the table and scream about federalism. It’ll be an issue, even though the messenger is severely compromised.

Allahpundit on May 20, 2011 at 7:39 PM

As for which it is, they want to face him. They want GOPers to respond by rallying around Mitt. They want us to think, “Oh, he’s the guy they must fear!”.

As we’ve seen with Democratic strategists helpfully suggesting which GOPer they fear, they like to use reverse psychology.

amerpundit on May 20, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Probably this, I know I have a hard time believing he is actually the front runner or all that scary to Obama right now.

bluemarlin on May 20, 2011 at 7:40 PM

I’m guessing they want to run against Romney because he can’t be much of an attack dog on Obamacare.

terryannonline on May 20, 2011 at 7:41 PM

=======================================================
AP,looking back,I do wonder if this is the same plan,er
strategy,that Team WH used on McCain,I’m thinking,you might
have a pulse on that so to speak!:)

canopfor on May 20, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Why wouldn’t Obama want to face Romney and be instantly innoculated against his biggest negative?

Kataklysmic on May 20, 2011 at 7:42 PM

He’d probably be their toughest match-up in terms of fundraising…

Allahpundit on May 20, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Money is one part of the equation, of several. Out-fundraising his opponent is no guarantee that Obama will win re-election in the current climate.

gryphon202 on May 20, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Romney is the weakest candidate on the big Government healthcare issue. But is he on other important issues?

portlandon on May 20, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I’m not a fan of Mitt, but what this demonstrates is that 2012 will be the dirtiest cmapaign in our nation’s history. Obama and the Democrats will do anything to win and when the GOP nominee tries to fight back, he/she will be branded a racist by MS>

bw222 on May 20, 2011 at 7:44 PM

===================

So,Mitt loves Ryan’s Plan,how interesting,and NOW Mitt
decides top put on his Political Combat Helment,ahem,
and after Hopey’s two-year or so,political screw-ups,

Mitt decides to Fight!!

canopfor on May 20, 2011 at 7:45 PM

I’m donating $20 to Crossroads GPS in response. They do great work.

amerpundit on May 20, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Personally I’d prefer not to give my money to Rove, Gillespie and the GOP Establishment.

bw222 on May 20, 2011 at 7:46 PM

gryphon202 on May 20, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Money wont save him if things are as bad now. Might actually be a good attack ad in Obama spending a Billion trying to keep his job while everybody else is suffering.

Southernblogger on May 20, 2011 at 7:46 PM

tSo,Mitt loves Ryan’s Plan,how interesting,and NOW Mitt
decides top put on his Political Combat Helment,ahem,
and after Hopey’s two-year or so,political screw-ups,

Mitt decides to Fight!!

canopfor on May 20, 2011 at 7:45 PM

After Mitt’s two year battle with severe laryngitis and carpal tunnel syndrome you mean? I mean it had to be something like for such a leader to remain basically silent, right?

bluemarlin on May 20, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Mitt Romney on Crime

Mitt Romney on Drugs

Mitt Romney on Education

Mitt Romney on Energy & Oil

(Alot More Issues…….)

canopfor on May 20, 2011 at 7:51 PM

I think the money thing worries them. He is raising tons of money, and the Whitehouse isn’t.

Of course they don’t want to face Romney. Romney is a real threat to win the General, his only problem is the Primary. That last suffolk poll had him tied in the General, even with the bin Laden bump. That probably means he gets some of their people.

Unlike many here, I think he has neutralized the Romneycare thing… He has pledged to issue waivers to all the states… which highlights the absurdity of Obama’s waivers at the same time single handedly killing the bill.

I bet that makes them really angry.

Can he donate that money if he isn’t the candidate? I mean to the RNC or the eventual nominee? Or is that a bait and swich?

petunia on May 20, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Just to say the obvious again, I know I would want to run against the man that lost to they guy that I wiped up in the last election. Just sayin!

bluemarlin on May 20, 2011 at 7:53 PM

canopfor on May 20, 2011 at 7:45 PM
======================

bluemarlin on May 20, 2011 at 7:50 PM

bluemarlin:Well,I hope I’m wrong,maybe its the 24/7 MSM
News cycle,where Palin,Bachmann,were the most
vocal,if Mitt was fighting,and I missed it,then
my comment is inaccurate,but,its my impression,
since Obama was sworn in twice!:)

canopfor on May 20, 2011 at 7:54 PM

My guess is they want to face Mitt. They’d expect to pound him with Romneycare if he’s the candidate etc, etc. They assume, mistakenly IMO, that they would beat Mitt. Even with Mitt’s mandate around his neck I think he would beat the Big ‘O’. ‘O’ is that bad and gaining in unpopularity. I agree with the theory that they will tell you who they want to face by telling you who they are “afraid of”. Last week it was Daniels that was the next Ronaldus Magnus. This week it’s Mitt as their bete noir.

It’s just a gut feeling on my part, but I don’t think they will beat any of the remaining GOP hopefuls. The only one I thought ‘O’ had a chance against was Huckabee, because Huck has been sooo dishonest about his actual record and because of his many, many skeletons. The rest of the field may not be anyone’s dream candidates, but ‘O’ is so awful, and getting worse, that I think the GOP will prevail. Of course it goes without saying that Newt has done himself in and will not be the candidate. That ‘lets have committees grant citizenship’ idea was the last straw, even for me.

JimP on May 20, 2011 at 7:54 PM

bluemarlin:Well,I hope I’m wrong,maybe its the 24/7 MSM
News cycle,where Palin,Bachmann,were the most
vocal,if Mitt was fighting,and I missed it,then
my comment is inaccurate,but,its my impression,
since Obama was sworn in twice!:)

canopfor on May 20, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Oh you did not miss him fighting, that was my point! I forgot my sarcasm tag.

bluemarlin on May 20, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Wow, no wonder they’re against 501c4′s. That ad was terrible. Compare that to an American Crossroads ad, I’d want to take them all off the table too if I was a lib.

galenrox on May 20, 2011 at 7:58 PM

canopfor on May 20, 2011 at 7:54 PM
====================
Oh you did not miss him fighting, that was my point! I forgot my sarcasm tag.

bluemarlin on May 20, 2011 at 7:57 PM

bluemarlin:Oh,I thought it was a thought-provoker,okay,
missed da sarc,sorry as well,were back to sq
uare 1,haha!

Man,this nominee process is pushing peoples
buttons eh,a tad hostility on da threads of
late!———:)

canopfor on May 20, 2011 at 8:03 PM

galenrox on May 20, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Yes, it was lame.

bluemarlin on May 20, 2011 at 7:53 PM

McCain would win in 2012.

Obama won because he lied about who he was.

petunia on May 20, 2011 at 8:03 PM

canopfor on May 20, 2011 at 8:03 PM

I was told I owe you an apology.

I apologize.

petunia on May 20, 2011 at 8:04 PM

JimP on May 20, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Kataklysmic on May 20, 2011 at 8:05 PM

They cant “pound” Romney with RomneyCare without pounding their own plan. Conservatives are looking at this through one angle, but it cuts both ways. Obama cant touch Romney on health care without damaging himself, and Americans don’t care about Massachusetts, they care about Washington.

Its not going to be the liability that people think. In some ways it may help Romney.

swamp_yankee on May 20, 2011 at 8:07 PM

We know that again in 2012 the media will refuse to report on anything negative about Obama and attack whoever opposes him. What we need is a man or woman of courage, not someone who chastises his own supporters and refuses to fight as McCain did.

bw222 on May 20, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Allahpundit on May 20, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Is federalism a selling point for swing voters?

It will all be very convoluted.

He’s proud over Romneycare, so why not give everyone a piece of it?

Obama can say they have studied the failures in ROMNEYcare and it will not be repeated in OBAMAcare.

the_nile on May 20, 2011 at 8:12 PM

bluemarlin on May 20, 2011 at 7:53 PM

McCain would win in 2012.

Obama won because he lied about who he was.

petunia on May 20, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Actually, Obama showed us plenty of who he really is during that process. The press did most of his lying or ran cover for him. McCain could not win the nomination this year and I really do not think Romney can either. Now if you are saying that Romney might win against Obama, sure he might, I know I will be voting against Obama.

bluemarlin on May 20, 2011 at 8:14 PM

They cant “pound” Romney with RomneyCare without pounding their own plan.

swamp_yankee on May 20, 2011 at 8:07 PM

They won’t have to. Romney’s primary opponents are going to “pound” him to death on this.

Had Romney been wise, he would have said, “I know more about healthcare than anyone. We tried it in Massachusetts and it was a failure.” Pride would not let him do this.

bw222 on May 20, 2011 at 8:15 PM

“Huck was on Hannity the other day and when he was asked why he didn’t run his answer was basically because he knew people would examine his record and call him a Rino.
Kataklysmic on May 20, 2011 at 8:05 PM”

Really? LOL Are you serious or pulling my leg? That would be the first honest thing Huck has uttered since any of us first heard of him.

JimP on May 20, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Ron Paul could do pretty well with fundraising too. His folks would sell their homes trailers and cars bicycles to fund ads for him.

amerpundit on May 20, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Hope you don’t mind, fixed a couple of errors…

right2bright on May 20, 2011 at 8:15 PM

swamp_yankee on May 20, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Why not , they just claim they improved the romney plan and point to some arbitrary differences.

the_nile on May 20, 2011 at 8:18 PM

portlandon on May 20, 2011 at 7:43 PM

He confuses me. He won’t apologize for Romneycare, but is adamant that he’ll repeal Obamacare. Is it pandering? I can’t tell.

John the Libertarian on May 20, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Mitt can raise money, he did it last time, and spent a record amount, an amount no one had ever spent before in primaries, and he still lost…but raising money for a primary is different than a national election.
He will raise money, but not enough, not everyone will back a loser…and Romney, in national elections, is a loser.

right2bright on May 20, 2011 at 8:21 PM

bw222 on May 20, 2011 at 8:15 PM

He can say that in the general. Its hurts him in the primary, not in the general like some think.

Conservatives forget that indies voted for Obama and wanted health care reform. They just didn’t like the reform they got, or how it was passed.

The best critics are the ones grounded on both sides. The best war critics were not pacifists and lefties, but former supporters of the war and veterans.

Romney is the only candidate who can attack ObamaCare without looking insensitive and indifferent.

He can say — look I get it. The system needs reform. I was trying to reform it before anyone, and I understand the issue as much as anyone. And ObamaCare is the wrong bill, and it was passed the wrong way. I’ll repeal it and pass meaningful reform that includes tort reform, increases competition and empowers the states.

swamp_yankee on May 20, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Allah Pundit goes gaga. In which world pawlenty and daniels are tough match ups against obama is beyond me but it’s not the real world.

promachus on May 20, 2011 at 8:25 PM

swamp_yankee on May 20, 2011 at 8:23 PM

So he should flip flop on romneycare and say it was a colossal failure only after he wins the primary?

the_nile on May 20, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Believe it or not, the average, disinterested, swing voter in places like Nevada, Colorado, Florida that starts paying attention to politics a month before the election doesn’t give a rat’s ass about the Mass health plan. They don’t give a rats ass about Massachusetts.

Its silly how some think RomenyCare is going to be this illuminating issue in a general election. People just want to know what is going to happen to them and their lives. People need to separate obsessive conservative, internet activism in a primary from the average, non-political, moderate Joe and Jane voter that wins general elections.

swamp_yankee on May 20, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I want Rubio/West, but I won’t have a chance to vote for them. SO I WILL VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT COMES THROUGH THE PRIMARY BECAUSE OUR COUNTRY WILL NOT BE AROUND IN 4 MORE YEARS IF obama GETS IN AGAIN!
Did you see how mad obama was

Bambi on May 20, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Gads I’m using a tiny computer and it keeps doing strange things!
Did you see how mad he was when Bibi was taking him to school and teaching him some lessons?
We have to get rid of him!

Bambi on May 20, 2011 at 8:43 PM

JimP on May 20, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Well, I’m reading between the lines but he was certainly lamenting the fact that it was definitely going to happen. Probably why he has made all the records from when he was governor unavailable.

Kataklysmic on May 20, 2011 at 8:46 PM

The leftists aren’t subtle folks. With them an attack is an attack. They may want a Romney or a Daniels to run against but that isn’t going to stop them from attacking and setting the tone and theme for further attacks. When they compliment candidates is when they are trying to puff up a weak contender.

Essentially they are putting out attacks in articles and ads that will later be used to go after whomever the eventual candidate is. They did the same thing with McCain. Sporadic attacks here and there and when he won the primary they unleashed a storm of attacks. Its just prep work at the moment.

sharrukin on May 20, 2011 at 8:51 PM

swamp_yankee on May 20, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Say what????

bw222 on May 20, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Let’s see, Romney lost to McCain and Mac lost to O…ya, they want Romney. Wouldn’t you if you were on team O?

Alinsky on May 20, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Moneyraising and.or spending only gets you so far. Meg Whitmam spent $160 million (much of it her own)and lost.

bw222 on May 20, 2011 at 8:55 PM

swamp_yankee , seniors in Florida give a rat’s butt about Romneycare. Romney will NOT win Florida and Florida’s 29 electoral votes will not be in Dumb-Ø’s column now that Governor Rick Scott made it very difficult for the dead people to vote. Florida has turned red and we want no part of Romney.

Jayrae on May 20, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Kataklysmic on May 20, 2011 at 8:46 PM

I suspect you read between the lines correctly. Thanks for the info. It made my day.

JimP on May 20, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Of course they want to face him. Is this a real question?

Aquateen Hungerforce on May 20, 2011 at 7:35 PM

He’d probably be their toughest match-up in terms of fundraising…

Allahpundit on May 20, 2011 at 7:36 PM

McCain probably thought the same thing.

Allahpundit on May 20, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Answered for all eternity by Steyn in a recent columnn. ObamaCare’s a disaster, but Mitt just wants 50 separate disasters.

pseudoforce on May 20, 2011 at 9:19 PM

I’ll say it again because it bears repeating:

No, it makes no sense because they’re going after Mitt as a flip-flopper but they don’t say what he flipped flopped about. Where is the statement where he’s against Paul Ryan’s plan? BTW, What does Newt Gingrich and Nikki Haley have to do with an attack ad on Romney.
If I had no knoweldge of Romneycare or Paul Ryan’s plan, I wouldn’t be able to make heads nor tales out of this commercial. Plus, they’re still carrying on the lie that Ryan wants to get rid of Medicare.
It was a very poorly made ad that I don’t see will gain any votes in favor of Obama…if that is the plan. I don’t even know if that’s the goal with this commercial. That’s why this ad makes no sense.

mizflame98 on May 20, 2011 at 2:14 PM

mizflame98 on May 20, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Uhhhhhh…please.

pseudoforce on May 20, 2011 at 9:21 PM

They called him a flip-flopper. Feel the fear.

pseudoforce on May 20, 2011 at 9:24 PM

We need a Gerald Ford to take the arrows while a Ronald Reagan swoops in to take the nomination.

Thanks Mitt.

Valiant on May 20, 2011 at 9:30 PM

They don’t want to run against Romney. The plan is to go after him now, get the conservatives to knock him out of the running, and leave the field with only “radical” conservatives left. Maybe try to provoke a third party run by someone.

The strategy is to run against a candidate that most Republicans don’t have faith in (believes the WH), who will frighten the independents and “moderates”

[spits]

and let Obama cruise to a second term.

disa on May 20, 2011 at 9:50 PM

This stragery from the demrats is dependent on the candidate they are running the ad against…….

If it’s a hit piece on Romney, they want to face him.

If it’s a hit piece on Palin, they are scared $hitless.

Only certain Palin supporters can explain it.

csdeven on May 20, 2011 at 10:24 PM

bluemarlin on May 20, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Right. In 1980 the demrats ran against the primary loser from the 1976 republican primary.

Just sayin!

csdeven on May 20, 2011 at 10:32 PM

bw222 on May 20, 2011 at 8:15 PM

With those who dislike Romney it would not have mattered what he said. If he back tracked they’d call him a flip-flopper.

csdeven on May 20, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Right now only “Generic Republican” beats Obama in head to head polling. Can we find one? I’d vote for him too.

KW64 on May 21, 2011 at 12:04 AM

The one thing we now know about Obama and his crew now is that they are a scorched earth, take no prisoners, kill if you have to political team. Obama is NOT and nice guy, as we just saw the way he publically humiliated the Jews and Netanyahu. His history is to be brually cruel and evil in his political dealings. This is why the idea of nominating softies like Daniels or Huntsman is nuts, Obama would burn them down fast. We need someone with very big balls and frankly right now the two with the biggest balls are Michele Bachman and Sarah Palin, maybe Herman Cain too. We need someone that will take the fight to the Dems and the Obama attack machine without reserve, that is only way we will win

georgealbert on May 21, 2011 at 12:35 AM

canopfor on May 20, 2011 at 8:03 PM
I was told I owe you an apology.

I apologize.

petunia on May 20, 2011 at 8:04 PM

petunia:

We all get a tad hot-headed,and at times arguementive,
I like your posts,and I get a kick,out of the Palin wars,
which,at times are umnecessary!

I kid about the Palinistas,and SarahCudians,and if I
slighted you,I too apologize!

I caught JTL,on the QOTD thread,saying you apologized!

Remember,this is a heavy (sarc and Snark)blog:)

canopfor on May 21, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Since Obama is much more popular than his policies, the most dangerous challenger is the one that most credibly promises to change all those policies to something that might be better.

The key is “credibly”. That’s why this is going to be an incredibly negative campaign on Obama’s side. He has to destroy the credibility of everyone who promises real change.

Since there’s plenty of money going around on the Left, due to Obama giving it away as his main principle of governance, there’s going to be a river of attack ads on anyone.

“Mitt exists. We’ve got the money, we’ve got the time. Attack Mitt.”

I don’t think it goes much deeper than that.

David Blue on May 21, 2011 at 3:30 AM

swamp_yankee on May 20, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Exactly. And think about the absurdity of Obama at the Brookline fundraiser this week pushing for donations so….. they can implement ObamaCare. But why? If they already have RomneyCare and it’s the same thing (as the O claims) why do they need to implement an unpopular, huge federal program with all the tax hikes, new bureaucracies, and infinite power given to an unaccountable HHS?

I look forward to the debates.

Buy Danish on May 21, 2011 at 8:46 AM

Just sayin!

csdeven on May 20, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Right, and that primary loser from ’76 had come awfully close to unseating an incumbent Republican president, whereas the 2008 loser couldn’t get past McCain. Just sayin’.

pseudoforce on May 21, 2011 at 10:06 AM

pseudoforce on May 21, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Right. And the primary loser of 2008 had a bigot in the primary whose sole purpose was to deny him the nomination. Had he won the nomination, Obama would be still the junior senator from Illinois. Just sayin’.

csdeven on May 21, 2011 at 11:04 AM

csdeven on May 21, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Life sucks sometimes. Quit whining. Just sayin’.

pseudoforce on May 21, 2011 at 12:12 PM

csdeven on May 21, 2011 at 11:04 AM

You can put up that unprovable assertion but yet say that Palin had no positive effect on McCain’s poll numbers. Weak. If Romney couldn’t get past a squish like McCain, I don’t think he was destined to trounce Obama in the general.

pseudoforce on May 21, 2011 at 12:15 PM

The only history Romney will ever make is how much of his own money he spent on a primary he couldn’t win.

There Goes The Neighborhood on May 21, 2011 at 1:39 PM

The Democrat was going to be elected last time. McCain was a weak candidate, but the economic shock would have put even a strong candidate in a terrible position.

Next time, the economic news may put a Republican in the White House, even if he’s not a great candidate.

I think Obama’s going to try and win this election with a billion dollars worth of negative ads. I think it’s likely not to work.

David Blue on May 21, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I think the real problem will be after the election.

Since cleaning up in 2010, the Republican Party has done a lot to reduce its credibility as a source of real, major policy reform. Money continues to fly out the door. Debt continues to soar. Abuses are not corrected.

If that continues to be the story after the next Republican President is elected, the party and America are in big trouble.

I have no idea which candidate if any is serious about fixing things.

I think that’s why this anti-Mitt ad is kind of weak. Who are the declared candidates that people know for sure are on the right page and will stay on the right page? If the real answer is “none of them” Mittens is as good as anyone else, and he has better hair than Daniels.

David Blue on May 21, 2011 at 2:33 PM