Video: Netanyahu lectures Obama on why Israel’s 1967 borders are indefensible

posted at 4:10 pm on May 20, 2011 by Allahpundit

I can’t believe we have to wait another five days for the inevitable O’Reilly “body language segment” on this tete-a-tete. Good lord. The One looked like he was trying to pass a kidney stone at one point. Worst photo op evah.

Normally these Oval Office grip-and-grins begin with a few minutes of blah-blah from the president about America’s enduring bond with the other leader’s country, followed by a minute or so from that leader about the “productive discussion” they just had, and that’s it. Not this time: Netanyahu takes off here for a good seven minutes, parts of which are so cutting — the conclusion about history not giving the Jewish people another chance is simply devastating — that it’s hard to believe it was extemporaneous. In fact, by the end he’s facing Obama and addressing him personally, just to add to the theater. Bibi knew this would be his golden opportunity to pay Obama back for yesterday’s speech, and darned if he didn’t seize it. It’s riveting. O was probably completely blindsided by it too, but no doubt realized quickly that this little history lesson would soon go viral in the media and online. Hopefully no meaningful agreements were reached earlier in their private meeting, because if they were, you can forget about ‘em now.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

The Six Day War was nothing short of spectacular. The Israelis are a bold, strong and resilient people who have earned every right to be steadfast in their demands. In other words, they don’t need to take any @#$@ from anyone, especially the Narcissist in Chief.

scalleywag on May 20, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Hillary is still hugging Arafat’s wife.

Bibi – 1 million
Obama – 0

Now for the Congress!

Schadenfreude on May 20, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Bibi Netanyahu is a leader. He is extraordinary and humbly biotch slapped Obama silly.

ted c on May 20, 2011 at 5:48 PM

I’ll never forget a few days after 9/11 Bibi was testifying to Congress. I can’t remember the exact reason for his visit, but I remember being rivited listening to him explain the brutality of Islamic terrorism. I wish someone could that video.

vcferlita on May 20, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Try here. Not sure if it’s what you were looking for but it’s probably awfully close.

DrSteve on May 20, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Their discussions went past the scheduled time allotted to the point that they canceled their working lunch.
Why won’t Barry let Bibi eat at the White House?

He will… at the State Dinner President Palin will give him!

CCRWM on May 20, 2011 at 5:50 PM

In the link above, Bibi starts at 5:20.

DrSteve on May 20, 2011 at 5:50 PM

“I can’t believe I’m lectured by this guy, and humiliated in front of the entire world. Who does this guy think he is? I’ll show him. Wait, I need a lot of money and those votes in NYC, LA and FL, damn” — Narcissistic teenager, sans prompter

Schadenfreude on May 20, 2011 at 5:50 PM

What a magnificent and uplifting event.

GaltBlvnAtty on May 20, 2011 at 5:50 PM

You know what I really like about this.. Jug Ears goes around making teleprompter speeches and has no problem belittling members of the audience , [SCOTUS, Ryan, etc]. And then the PM comes right into the WH and pns his jug ears back. Beautiful.

retiredeagle on May 20, 2011 at 5:52 PM

They didn’t cancel it due to time.

Schadenfreude on May 20, 2011 at 5:52 PM

I don’t think Michelle needs to worry about birth control anymore.

Vera on May 20, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Oh! And here all this time I thought Michelle WAS the birth control. If I were a dude, there isn’t enough money to give me or torture to do to me, to make me procreate with that creature.

capejasmine on May 20, 2011 at 5:56 PM

scalleywag on May 20, 2011 at 5:46 PM

And the rescue mission they pulled off in Entebbe wasn’t too shabby either.

Ironically, that mission was led by Bibi’s brother Yoni, who was the only IDF member killed. A sniper hit him just before he got back on the rescue plane.

Del Dolemonte on May 20, 2011 at 5:57 PM

What a magnificent and uplifting event.

GaltBlvnAtty on May 20, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Well said! Quite true.

rrpjr on May 20, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Welcome to B!tch Slapping 101, Mr. Obama.

TXUS on May 20, 2011 at 6:02 PM

I think Israel is lucky that he’s PM right now.

darkpixel on May 20, 2011 at 6:02 PM

I think Israel is lucky that he’s PM right now.

darkpixel on May 20, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Truly. I wish we could get him a Hawaiian birth certificate.

Disturb the Universe on May 20, 2011 at 6:06 PM

It’s not really Obama’s fault. Netanyahu’s teleprompter is probably a newer model or something.

Mr. Wednesday Night on May 20, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Nothing like “On-The-Job-Training” courtesy of the Israeli government!

Rndguy on May 20, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Covering (or rather clamping shut) his mouth with his right hand means just that; he is struggling to keep his mouth shut. Grabbing his chin as he did toward the end is a defensive move — he felt threatened. His left hand gripping the arm of the chair (the whole time) shows he is struggling to keep control, and his crossed legs and leaning back in his chair shows he is not looking for cooperation.

Netanyahu’s body language was just the opposite. The leaning forward, uncrossed legs and open palm hand gestures shows he’s trying to connect and build bridges.

Yeah, good luck with that, Bibi.

If it continues to return land to the aggressors, Israel will be in violation of Nullum crimen sine poena, the imperative in international law to punish the aggressor (one that seems to comport quite well with the natural law). Israel has already breached this principle—and its own national self-preservation—by signing and honoring agreements (Oslo I and II) with a terrorist organization (the PLO). Israel has also flouted the “rights of necessity,” as explained by Professor of International Law, Louis Rene Beres:

“[T]his norm was explained with particular lucidity by none other than Thomas Jefferson. In his ‘Opinion on the French Treaties,’ written on April 28, 1793, Jefferson wrote: ‘The nation itself, bound necessarily to whatever its preservation and safety require, cannot enter into engagements contrary to its indispensable obligations.’”

Rae on May 20, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Also, wow does Bibi have a deep voice or what!

apollyonbob on May 20, 2011 at 4:18 PM

One of the sexiest voices, ever. I’ve had a crush on Bibi since my teens and he would come on Zola Levitt Presents tv show in the ’90s.

The only way I have had ANY peace of mind since 1/20/09 is knowing that Netanyahu is in charge in Israel. God bless him and God bless Israel.

Sha’a'lu Shalom Yarushaliam.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on May 20, 2011 at 6:09 PM

That was great to watch!

Alana on May 20, 2011 at 6:10 PM

capejasmine on May 20, 2011 at 5:56 PM

LMAO. Nor could I ever drink her pretty enough to even try.

TXUS on May 20, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Conductor obama: ALL ABOARD! this is the slow train to Aushwitz

Bibi: shuddup, and listen to me

Sonosam on May 20, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Conductor obama: ALL ABOARD! this is the slow train to Aushwitz

Bibi: shuddup, and listen to me

Sonosam on May 20, 2011 at 6:11 PM

“slow train to Aushwitz” Obama doctrine.

the_nile on May 20, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Hit the history books, Obama, and why not start with American History?

mobydutch on May 20, 2011 at 6:16 PM

I guess obaka knows how SCOTUS and Paul Ryan feel now…

ladyingray on May 20, 2011 at 4:39 PM

That’s gonna leave a mark!

RedMindBlueState on May 20, 2011 at 6:20 PM

They refuse to cooperate with the international community, why should we stick our necks out any longer?
ernesto on May 20, 2011 at 4:19 PM

the dopiest of the useful dopes

only a mindless liberal/slave could ignore the countless, endless brutal attacks by muzzie scum and somehow twist that it’s Israel that is evil

I can’t understand why Israel keeps the gloves on

after that missile attack on the bus load of kids who by the grace of god aren’t dead, I would have had no problem with israel driving the monkeys a hundred miles into Syria or the sea

fortunately primitive animals tech is low so no matter how barbaric the inverse is true as yo their advancement

thus humans beat apes always

it’s amazing how the stinkin muzzy population can have the gall to complain about a small spec of land while ignoring their poluting of other countries and eradication of ” other than muzzy” populations

eff those animals and Obama

good show Bibi

maybe the US Jews may get it now

Sonosam on May 20, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Never thought I’d see the day that a President of the USA would get neutered like a calf, right there in Oval Office. But it had be done with this arrogant excuse for a man, and who better to do the cutting than BiBi. So good, in fact, the calf never felt a thing…

TXUS on May 20, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Obama is lucky that he wasn’t punched.

Stupid idiot.

Key West Reader on May 20, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Tru Dat.

And it would have been easy.

Instead he got a stern dose of reality and a little pat on the head.

He looked so small and child-like compared to the Netanyahu-nator.

Tim_CA on May 20, 2011 at 6:25 PM

B-Net, you da man!

TXUS on May 20, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Schooled.

By an intellect so superior that his that he makes little bammy look like a petulant, self-aggrandizing fool by comparison.

patiently and sternly…

schooled.

Tim_CA on May 20, 2011 at 5:18 PM

The late, great Mr. Basset can STILL make that claim vis-a-vis Obama.

Zombie Harold Stassen ’12
He’s Decayed, he’s rested, he’s ready!

ebrown2 on May 20, 2011 at 6:28 PM

That was for Paul Ryan – how you like it Obama?

Daemonocracy on May 20, 2011 at 6:34 PM

I was one of those who thought that Bibi should just blow off his meeting with Obama after that speech yesterday. This is sooooo much better.

This was like watching that video of the Australian kid body-slamming the scrawny bully. Barry’s been picking at Israel since his inauguration, and Bibi just put him on the ground.

Left Coast Right Mind on May 20, 2011 at 5:22 PM

THIS!

ProudPalinFan on May 20, 2011 at 6:34 PM

retiredeagle on May 20, 2011 at 5:52 PM

’twas truly a thing of beauty.

Lead story on right now on…..

MSNBC? Poll: Majority in US back legalization of same-sex marriage.

CNN? Ex-IMF chief out on bail

Fox? A Dose Of Reality – Netanyahu / Obama

The lefties are a tad embarassed today.

Tim_CA on May 20, 2011 at 6:35 PM

retiredeagle on May 20, 2011 at 5:52 PM

What goes around, comes around.

Hey, O-Butthead, sucks to be you!

GrannyDee on May 20, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Maybe he should have asked Bill to do the photo op with Bibi for him :)

ldbgcoleman on May 20, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Bibi was a thorn in Clinton’s side, too. When he couldn’t get enough Israeli concessions in the negotiations with Arafat, Bill sent James Carville and his outfit over there to orchestrate Netanyahu’s defeat in the 1999 election. Bill got what he wanted from Barak, but it still wasn’t enough for Arafat who claimed he’d be assassinated if he gave up the right of return.

SukieTawdry on May 20, 2011 at 6:47 PM

I would say Israel is a little outnumbered.

So no – I have little problem assisting them against many people who have sworn to destroy them.

CWforFreedom on May 20, 2011 at 6:49 PM

If this country doesn’t “repent” form the “sin” of electing Obama we are in for a world of hurt. I have no doubt where his sympathy lies and it isn’t with Christians or Jews but with Muslims… How they managed to get one of their own elected POTUS is astonishing.

2012 can’t come soon enough!

CCRWM on May 20, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Stephanopolis made it happen when he caused Obama to change his statement from “my muslim religion” to “my Christian religion.” No Christian could ever, by mistake, say “my muslim religion.”

GaltBlvnAtty on May 20, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Lead story on right now on…..

MSNBC? Poll: Majority in US back legalization of same-sex marriage.

CNN? Ex-IMF chief out on bail

Fox? A Dose Of Reality – Netanyahu / Obama

The lefties are a tad embarassed today.

Tim_CA on May 20, 2011 at 6:35 PM

ABC buried the story. Began 11 minutes into their newscast.

C-BS got it out of the way ASAP. They spent about 30 seconds on it in the first 5 minutes.

Didn’t see NBC, but I’m sure someone over at NewsBusters will be keeping track.

Del Dolemonte on May 20, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I think Israel is lucky that he’s PM right now.

darkpixel on May 20, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Good point. If they had an Obama as a leader they would be seriously screwed.

CWforFreedom on May 20, 2011 at 6:54 PM

You know, it is a sad reflection of the times when I find myself feeling glad the President gets smacked all the way into next Tuesday by a foreign leader. But at least said leader is the Prime Minister of Israel.

Shogun144 on May 20, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Del Dolemonte on May 20, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Yeah…it’s pretty much DefCon 1 right now with the MSM…fun to watch.

Levin’s getting some good shots in right now.

Tim_CA on May 20, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Of course you know that the next internet sensation ($100K to the net entrepreneur who gets online first) is the BIBI HAWAII BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ex Dem from Miami on May 20, 2011 at 7:01 PM

What a great moment, someone finally called his BS to his face! This was going around my office Very quickly after it happened, at least the story I mean. Not sure it will matter if the ther media pick it up, think it will make it out there no problem. I am sad that we have President that is so inept and a bully to our allies that I am glad he got the smack down.

bluemarlin on May 20, 2011 at 7:15 PM

“We have an enduring bond of friendship between our two countries.” But the sight of you makes my stomach churn you insufferable little twerp!

Mr. Grump on May 20, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Take-away from Bibi’s statement:

Obamas’ plan “just isn’t going to happen”.

Checkmate.

BobMbx on May 20, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Good point. If they had an Obama as a leader they would be seriously screwed Obama would be out of a job. No need for a leader of a country that no longer exists.

CWforFreedom on May 20, 2011 at 6:54 PM

BobMbx on May 20, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Israel gave Arafat 95% of what he wanted and he refused to make a deal.

Why does the left and the President feel it is Israel that needs to bend yet again to the whims of a people that have demanded their destruction for 1500 years.

LifeTrek on May 20, 2011 at 7:35 PM

I finally got a chance to watch this, what a fine speech, and without a teleprompter or notes too!

Obama looks like he’s constipated the entire time. He must feel like he was sent to the principal’s office and isn’t sure if the principal is going to pull out the paddle or not.

Common Sense on May 20, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Oh, so late to the party am I! Holy Statesman Batman!!!! Bebe tore him a new one! I particularly loved the last minute which made the whole “Walk it back to ’67″ meme, totally mute with a very pointed history lesson!!!!!!! OK ‘pubs, when you hear chit like, “I won,” take it right back in his face…he has no idea how to respond! “No Mr. President, you pulled some wool over some eyes, but those eyes are now, well, wool-less.”

Chewy the Lab on May 20, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Bravo! I rather wanted Bebe to stay home rather than dignify the Puppet President with a visit, but I’m glad he came, just for that terrific, impromptu speech.

/Mr Lynn

MrLynn on May 20, 2011 at 8:20 PM

I love BiBi. He’s such a harda** sometimes. Hope he keeps up the strong line….
This video was, just, wow.

mjk on May 20, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Best question evar at the press briefing about this meeting:

Since the President believes that Israel should give back any land that it had won in battle, why doesn’t he believe that we, too, should give back land that we won in battle with Mexico?

Laura Curtis on May 20, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Netanyahu is such an admirable statesman, a man of conviction. He exhibits what I learned once is the real definition of humility: He knows who he is and Whose he is. Our adolescent in chief, so charmed with his phony rhetorical gimmickry and platitudes could learn some lessons about what a real man in. This is the kind of father whose dreams he should have been attending to.

onlineanalyst on May 20, 2011 at 8:29 PM

What makes you think he doesn’t? Just see his open borders policy!

honsy on May 20, 2011 at 8:30 PM

The REAL reason Obama was sitting there simmering was …

“How can this old geezer go on and on like this WITHOUT a Teleprompter?”

marybel on May 20, 2011 at 8:43 PM

The O got schooled on foreign policy!
Bibi’s been dealing with murderous scum for decades and knows how to respond to them. The O pals around with union thugs and thinks he’s in the same league, NOT!
Question: Should I be feeling guilty at watching the POTUS being B!TCH slapped by a foreign leader and enjoying it? :(

CA_Conservative on May 20, 2011 at 8:43 PM

CA_Conservative on May 20, 2011 at 8:43 PM

In this case, OHHH yeah!

Chewy the Lab on May 20, 2011 at 8:48 PM

CA_Conservative on May 20, 2011 at 8:43 PM

No, not with respect to this POS “historic” muslim-jihadist-supporting pretender.

GaltBlvnAtty on May 20, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Owned. Hahaha

Sir Loin on May 20, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Good Lord! All 7 minutes of it without a teleprompter. Netanyahu rocks!!

Birdseye on May 20, 2011 at 9:00 PM

It is proper to touch your face only when washing it. Our President always looks like he never learned a thing at those prissy Ivy League marxist schools he scammed his way into and through

400lb Gorilla on May 20, 2011 at 4:47 PM

I also thought that the casual arm slung over the chair was very disrespectful. It hardly had the demeanor of a serious head of state.

onlineanalyst on May 20, 2011 at 9:09 PM

He (ObaMao) needs the Jewish contributions and votes more than the size of his wrath.

Schadenfreude on May 20, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Our BoyKing will get his laundered money from the Saudis and the rest of the “Palestinian” sympathizers. You will notice that O carefully did not include Saudi Arabia is his Arab Spring speech. Apparently, the land of Mecca and Medina does not need the principles of freedom…because “peace” comes from acceptance of Islam.

onlineanalyst on May 20, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Failbama looking like the totally brainless clod he is in real life.

dogsoldier on May 20, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Where are the American Netanyahus? I know they have to be out there somewhere…

equanimous on May 20, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Hat tip to Bibi!..:)

Dire Straits on May 20, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Funny: Netanyahu Urges U.S. Return to 1845 Borders

slickwillie2001 on May 20, 2011 at 9:34 PM

It’s terribly hard to see our President reduced to a slogan and a joke.

Ha. Haha. Hahahahaha.

Tennman on May 20, 2011 at 9:38 PM

This video is now all Obama, and only the very start of Netanyahu’s response. Did MSNBC change the link because of the Bibi lecture?

ManlyDad on May 20, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Did you know that Netanyahu was born in Hawaii?

Bill C on May 20, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Believing anything else would be racism.

the_nile on May 20, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Actually, he was a Philly kid for a while. I knew there was something about him I liked.

mizflame98 on May 20, 2011 at 9:41 PM

I would like to see the chair Barry was sitting in. I bet his finger marks are dug in deep on that left arm rest.

mizflame98 on May 20, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Kirsten powers on Hannity, ” Netanyahu was disrespectful to the President”.

Of course Barry was not ever disrespectful of Bibi, really? Where do these people come from?

bluemarlin on May 20, 2011 at 9:53 PM

I wonder if it took 16 hours for him to decide Israel should return to the 1967 borders.

What? Too soon?

hawkdriver on May 20, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Normally the photo op in the oval office is a political show of statesmanship and at worse pleasent comments that suggest some agreement. Obama obviously expected that to occur and along with it, the appearance that he was making progress on peace in the Middle East.

Obviously Bibi in frustration had other ideas on how to get it across to Obama when an hour and a half of talks went no where. Instead of the expected, Bibi began a speech with more of his attention directed to the camera, the eye of America, than to Obama, but enough to insure that Obama knew it was also a speech to him. His reference to Obama not being able to understand the reality of the situation in the middle east sums up the gist of the meeting. Bibi almost went further with saying, “Hamas is the presidents…” He never completed the sentence, but enough was said to read in the rest.

Obama on the other hand is clearly angry at Bibi. He is sitting in an ackward tense position with his hand on his chin and his eyes rivited on Bibi. There are the occational nods, but that appears to be more of a way to migate the situiation with a pretend approval that is not being conveyed by his body language. It might have just been the video, but at one point it did appear that his fingers gripping the chair arm were shaking.

Obama wanted it to be over as soon as possible and it clearly showed at the end when he did the expected handshake then immediantly turned his attention away to the media crew, ignoring Bibi.

Obviously Bibi missed the memo that people who critize Obama do not get invited back. In retrospect he probably understood he was not going to be invited back, providing of course that Israel continues to exist.

Franklyn on May 20, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Kirsten powers on Hannity, ” Netanyahu was disrespectful to the President”.

bluemarlin on May 20, 2011 at 9:53 PM

??? That’s so weak. Since when is disagreement disrespectful? Bibi knew he needed to respond to yesterday and get past the BHO propaganda machine. Tuesday when he talks with Congress would be too late. He needed to get the official reaction of Israel out, front and center. (Love the history lesson for the world).

INC on May 20, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Say what you will about the Arabs, but they have made it clear since 1945 that any attempt to create a Jewish state would mean perpetual war.

They meant it and the only ones who don’t take them at their word is the West.

The invasion after Israel’s founding was not a “surprise attack” by the combined Arab states. It was the fulfillment of an open and honest threat made by King Saud to Roosevelt’s in their face to face meeting off the coast of Iran.

The Arabs have been nothing but consistent. It’s the dreamers in the West who are still in denial.

rickyricardo on May 20, 2011 at 10:34 PM

This is embarrassing for me to to watch.

Still…good for you, Bibi.

Saltysam on May 20, 2011 at 10:37 PM

They meant it and the only ones who don’t take them at their word is the West.

rickyricardo on May 20, 2011 at 10:34 PM

You are correct but it was even earlier than that. Muhammad sent letters to many kings in the 7th century inviting them to surrender. They have been attacking ever since.

Israel has little to do with excepting the special Muslim dislike of Jews.

sharrukin on May 20, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Bibi also schooled him in intelligence. His IQ is said to be 180.

Someone in the other thread was saying, how could he do that so well, and AP came in and said because he had the points in his mind he wanted to say, and the phrases.

Someone that smart,and with that much experience, can easily do that.

Particularly when he is telling truth and telling it from his heart.

Alana on May 20, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Israel has little to do with excepting the special Muslim dislike of Jews.

sharrukin on May 20, 2011 at 10:39 PM

…and Christians, Hindus, Atheists, Buddhists, Homosexuals, Women, Americans, Thais, Nigerians, Nepalese, Indians,and on and on and on…..

Saltysam on May 20, 2011 at 10:50 PM

The geopolitical equivalent of Epic Meal Time.

sulla on May 20, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Where does our dear leader get off telling any other leader or country what to do? Who does he think he is, telling Mubarak and Qaddafi to go, now telling Israel to just move their borders back 50 years. What will he say if Mexico tells us to move the border back 150 years or more. This whole proposition is crazy. Why is he pandering to the terrorist organizations running a pretend country when he has such big problems in his own back yard which is totally underwater right now in more ways than one.

Kissmygrits on May 20, 2011 at 11:33 PM

What will he say if Mexico tells us to move the border back 150 years or more.

Kissmygrits on May 20, 2011 at 11:33 PM

“Muy bien!”

ebrown2 on May 20, 2011 at 11:47 PM

This was an unfair fight, reminds me of a joke about a one-armed man. Netanyahu has more brains in his little finger than Obama has in his entire head.

Only thing better would have been if Bibi had said “the Middle East is not a community that needs organizing.”

rockmom on May 21, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Bibi also schooled him in intelligence. His IQ is said to be 180…

Alana on May 20, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Hadn’t heard that; that’s twice little Bammie’s IQ.

slickwillie2001 on May 21, 2011 at 12:07 AM

TxAnn56 on May 20, 2011 at 4:44 PM
Hava Nagila.
If you find any egg bagels could you send some to Lubbock?
They don’t have any here.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 21, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Mr. Eloquent One actually said “We had a wide ranging conversation touching on a wide range of issues.” LOL!! Get this guy off teleprompter and he’s a dolt.

EasyEight on May 21, 2011 at 12:51 AM

No, of course not. I think he had prepared a mental list of six or seven points he wanted to make, along with a couple of very memorable lines he wanted to include, and then went from there.

iow what the average experienced politician knows how to do.

YehuditTX on May 21, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Can someone please insert a cartoon of Obama having his as* handed to him…

At least someone on this planet is doing their best to defend their democracy!

shorebird on May 21, 2011 at 1:18 AM

That was riveting.

cane_loader on May 21, 2011 at 1:22 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on May 21, 2011 at 12:35 AM

If you can’t find a decent deli, see if Thomas bagels are sold in your area. We used to live in NJ and became bagel lovers while there. Thomas isn’t as good as the hot ones from the bagel store, but they’re the best I’ve found in the grocery store.

INC on May 21, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Wow Bibi what a speaker! I’m proud to have you as Israel’s PM!! :)
Regardless of the internal stuff like education, economy, taxes, etc… on the “Palestinian” issue you are amazing.

What’s good was that Bibi now got a huge spotlight on him, so despite people here interpreting his speech as a tongue-lashing of Obama, it was something else entirely – he was voicing Israel’s position to the public outside of Israel. All they hear about over and over is buzzwords like “occupation” and “settlements”. Now they got a split second of 1% of the Israeli view. And Bibi delivered it beautifully. Respectful, diplomatic, firm, conciliatory, clear… he just nailed it.

GREAT.

AlexB on May 21, 2011 at 2:02 AM

Respectful, diplomatic, firm, conciliatory, clear… he just nailed it.

Without the aid of a teleprompter.

Birdseye on May 21, 2011 at 2:19 AM

I think Netanyahu did not have to rehearse what he said. He has probably said exactly the same words to many before Obama

However Obama in his arrogance set himself up, because he wrote his own ‘solution’ to the Israeli ‘problem’, took it to the world in a well publicized speech which gave Israel no cover, and cast the Palestinians as the only victims.

Obama was trapped by Netanyahu, yes, but had Netanyahu kept quiet and played the silent fool, he would have been the one trapped by obama’s misrepresntation of his nation.

Netanyahu could speak up, and stand for his nation, or let his nation stand condemned by the one sidedness of obama’s narrative.

Netanyahu looking directly into the eyes of Obama paralyzed the press, in that formal setting.

heh. Obama thought the formal setting would paralyze Netanyahu, and keep him a silent smiling pawn.

As the Spanish call it, a moment of truth, and because Obama set up Netanyahu in a dirty fashion, Netanyahu came across like a hero.

This terrible drama probably the result of the naivete of Obama created by decades of attendance at the school of the Rev Wright and his vile anti Israeli spewings (although the J word would be more accurate). O has had a lifetime of training in underestimating the J word

Hoorah for Bibi. Sadly this is no game, and Netanyahu battles for the right to exist against a sea of enemies

entagor on May 21, 2011 at 2:44 AM

Not to fly off-topic here, because this IS a very important subject. BUT, didn’t Obama have a mole on his cheek? Did he get that sucker removed or something? Where’d the mole go?

//again, apologies for the shallow, OT. Just now noticed the missing mole in that second, kidney stone photo.

Jewels on May 21, 2011 at 2:57 AM

Wow….just a reminder what a leader looks like.

Obama looks down right….well….small, when placed next to someone with integrity and intelligence.

alecj on May 21, 2011 at 3:51 AM

It’s gratifying to see the President put in his place but I suspect there will be some type of retaliation.

zoyclem on May 21, 2011 at 7:20 AM