Krauthammer: C’mon, Herman Cain’s candidacy is for entertainment purposes only

posted at 9:50 pm on May 20, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via the Right Scoop, I’m not nearly as sure as Kraut is that this is true. If Palin surprises everyone by staying out, Iowa will be wide open for a “true conservative” to emerge. And if Cain finishes well there, he’ll be well positioned to surprise people in his backyard of South Carolina. Doesn’t mean he’ll be the nominee, but it’s very easy to imagine him being a factor in the nomination given his grassroots support. If Palin does jump in, I don’t know how the base goes about trying to decide between them. Palin has held public office and Cain hasn’t, but Cain doesn’t have the sort of image problem out of the box that she has to overcome. How does the vote split between the two of them and Bachmann in Iowa? Somewhere Romney and Pawlenty consultants are reading that question and thinking: “Hopefully very evenly.”

I guess Kraut figures that since he’ll soon be alienating the base by criticizing Palin after she announces, he might as well go the whole nine yards and tweak Cain too. Speaking of which, the Herminator is now officially in. His formal announcement will come tomorrow.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7

You recommending Republican candidates sit down with the likes of Mr. Tingly Leg, Crazy Larry and Rachel Madcow, who’ll just call them racists and play “Gotcha”? Same with David Gregory and the rest of the state-run Obama lapdog media.

It’s a pity there aren’t any tough but fair-minded interviewers out there. Just leftwing hacks. Tim Russert is taking the Eternal Dirt Nap, and ABC took Jake Tapper off This Week. Anyone else is just a pro-Obama partisan hack who would be hellbent on making any Republican look as bad as humanly possible.

I don’t blame the smart Republicans/conservatives for avoiding them like the plague.

pdigaudio on May 23, 2011 at 11:29 AM

MSNBC isn’t what I had in mind. I’m talking mainstream. The Sunday morning programs would be a good place to start.

The liberal media can not be avoided. I wish they could be. Their assumptions must be challenged from the get-go.

Look at how Reagan dealt with this slimy limey back in 67:

toliver on May 23, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Come on, CK – The Donald was serious but Cain’s a joke?

Your cred is slipping…

disa on May 23, 2011 at 12:41 PM

Doesn’t sound like Rush has written Cain off.

Elisa on May 23, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Sarah Palin could raise a billion dollars and there is ZERO chance she will EVER be the president of the United States. She is unelectable. I will literally vote for anyone against Obama, but I am never voting for Palin (Never in 2012, but if she did certain things she could earn my vote in the future). There are a TON of conservatives and moderates who feel the same way I do.

thphilli on May 20, 2011 at 10:35 PM

And with an average weight of 200lbs… that means there’s exactly 10 who are anti-Palin. Personally, I think she can find more than a dozen candidates to balance out your 10… so I’m not worried about her chances!

dominigan on May 23, 2011 at 2:53 PM

I am never voting for Palin …

thphilli on May 20, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Why not?

And if it comes down to Palin vs. Obama, you would stay home? Seriously?

Mary in LA on May 23, 2011 at 7:05 PM

thphilli on May 20, 2011 at 10:35 PM

I have to say that your statement makes no sense at all. If you hate Obama so much, yet wouldn’t vote for Palin to get him out of office, then you must hate Palin even more.

What could she possibly do to ever earn your vote after 2012? Makes no sense to me. 2012 is the most important year for anyone to vote against the Democrat, if you have a brain in your head and if you love this country. Unless you are a liberal. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

I would vote for ANYONE over Obama and I would never stay home and I will get as many people as possible to vote for his challenger.

I would actually slap a Hillary Clinton bumper sticker on my c ar is she was on the Republican ticket in 2012. (and I thought I would never dislike any politician more than either Clinton.) At least the Clintons like this country.

Elisa on May 23, 2011 at 8:32 PM

After seeing the Cain rally today, K is right. Dude made a political speech in shades. I like Cain and have listened to him on the Boortz show for years, but shades? Come on.

toliver on May 21, 2011 at 10:16 PM

So now you are nit picking over the shades–like that is a “valid” reason to call him “un-presidential”. Man, you could audition for a role in “Mean Girls”. He is just on Hannity saying his eyeglasses automatically get darker in the sun…you know, some people call them “transition glasses”?

lovingmyUSA on May 23, 2011 at 9:22 PM

lovingmyUSA on May 23, 2011 at 9:22 PM

I don’t know about you, but I’d like to see a man’s eyes when he makes claims.

toliver on May 24, 2011 at 3:24 AM