Bad news: Angry Hillary refuses to meet with useful idiot on North Korea

posted at 9:59 pm on May 17, 2011 by Allahpundit

It seems the “useful idiot” assessment is no longer a partisan thing.

Former President Jimmy Carter and former Finnish President Martti Ahtisaari were hoping to visit the State Department this week to brief officials on their recent trip to North Korea, but nobody at the State Department was available to meet with them…

It’s no secret at all that the Elders’ trip to North Korea was viewed as extremely unhelpful by the governments both in Washington and Seoul. Chris Nelson reported on April 29 that Clinton reacted strongly when asked in a morning meeting if she wanted to meet with Carter. From the Nelson report:

“The performance of President Carter and his delegation in N. Korea this week was either shameful or fatuous…or both…and exemplifies why Carter had no…zero…USG support going in, and even less coming out, per an alleged eye witness account of Sec. St. Clinton at the morning meeting the other day:

“‘Do you want to meet with Carter?’ Clinton is looking at papers, and just says ‘No.’ Then she pauses, looks up and adds, ‘HELL no!!!’”

If you don’t understand why she’d be so mad, reread this post and all shall be revealed. Now that primary season is upon us and we’re fantasizing about longshot candidates who might conceivably give The One a run for his money, it’s worth remembering that there’s someone out there who checks a lot of the boxes we’re looking for. She’s got Senate experience and major foreign-policy chops; she spent more than a year attacking Obama on a daily basis in 2008, and is linked by marriage to a centrist whose economic record is farrrrrr better than Obama’s is. And of course it’s not unheard of for presidential candidates in one party to end up under consideration to join the ticket of the other. Just ask Joe Lieberman.

We’d have to straighten her out on economics, granted, but look at it this way: She can’t be any worse than Newt or Huck. And she knows exactly how to mock Obama. Dude — I think this is happening.

Update: I’m highly amused that a few commenters — but not all — think I was being serious here about Hillary. It’s a goof, guys, aimed at mocking the uncertainty in the GOP field right now. Sheesh. How little we trust the RINO candy-asses among us.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Maybe for beta males who think along the lines of “anyone but Obama.” I have higher standards, thank you very much.

I WILL NOT VOTE FOR A RINO or DEMOCRAT IN 2012

disa on May 18, 2011 at 12:48 AM

Carter is such a hapless tool.
He even gets dissed by the witch.
“How about a little fire, Scarecrow?”

justltl on May 18, 2011 at 12:48 AM

Put a gun to my head and say vote for either Hillary or the clown we have now. I’d vote twice for Hillary. Didn’t think I would ever say that.

Hummer53 on May 18, 2011 at 12:48 AM

I think you misjudge Hillary’s ire.

I don’t think she is putting on a show to help her chances in running for president. She is genuinely ticked because useful idiot Jimmy Carter pulled the same move when the Clintons were in the White House. He took an unauthoriized trip to North Koream met with Kim and came back with an agreementtaht was long on trust and short on safeguards. Bill Clinton had little choice but to accept the deal. And of course Kim ended up violating it and detonating two nuclear weapons.

This time idiot Carter called the US human rights violators for not giving food aid to a starving North Korea. Somehow he forgets they sank a South Korean warship and conduducted an unprovoked artillery attack on a South Korean island — and then followed up threatening nuclear war if S Korea conducted defensive military exercises. Between S Korea, Japan and the US over the years, giving into blackmail from the North. It has never resulted in any substantive progress and the folks that get fed are the military and Party officials.

Corky Boyd on May 18, 2011 at 12:52 AM

John the Libertarian on May 18, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Even the left understands that Obama has not been accepted. Even the lefty youth vote is yearning for a candidate not under constant & current attack. Believe me, the Clinton spider net is far and wide. Best we diss them both. The Clintons are poison for Obama, but they are also poison to us. You don’t want to push them as more moderate, because with the political morons, it will work.

Connie on May 18, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Connie on May 18, 2011 at 12:57 AM

If we can divide and conquer, we win. I don’t care if its Feingold or Clinton. To primary him is to declare him unfit to lead the party.

John the Libertarian on May 18, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Y’know, I’m rather gratified that I’m no longer faced with the prospect of holding my nose and pushing the button for Huck.

I just hope we can come up with something better.

Hillary’s well down my list of preferred alternatives but next to Huntsman or whatever creature’s eaten Newt’s brain these days, she looks pretty good.

JEM on May 18, 2011 at 1:10 AM

You guys are unreal. I can’t even take you seriously.

Connie on May 18, 2011 at 1:12 AM

John the Libertarian on May 18, 2011 at 1:09 AM

And then what?

Connie on May 18, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Tis a sad world when we look at Hillary and think, “Miss me yet?”

shick on May 18, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Carter is the Knocking Moron That Will Not Go Away.

pat on May 18, 2011 at 1:45 AM

You know who that’s good for? Newt Gingrich.

pedestrian on May 18, 2011 at 1:49 AM

She’s tanned, rested, and ready.

And, frankly, I’d like nothing better than to watch the Democrats (metaphorically, at least…) hacking limbs off one another in dark alleys come primary time.

JEM on May 18, 2011 at 1:52 AM

pat – There’s an island somewhere, comfortable but isolated and completely disconnected from the rest of the world.

And when we find it we need to start dropping folks like Carter and Ramsay Clark there.

JEM on May 18, 2011 at 1:55 AM

Unreal. You youngsters have no freaking clue how powerful the Clinton machine is. Don’t fall for it.

Connie on May 18, 2011 at 2:07 AM

Connie on May 18, 2011 at 2:07 AM

Not any more, it’s not. She lost the primary. Wow, some power. The Dems are in serious trouble. And Hillary doesn’t have half of Slick Willie’s charm. You give her too much power that she doesn’t have.

John the Libertarian on May 18, 2011 at 2:16 AM

John the Libertarian on May 18, 2011 at 2:16 AM

I’d like to think you’re right, but watching and listening to libs tells me something different.

Connie on May 18, 2011 at 2:27 AM

Seriously, Allah. With that cackle of hers, all Hillary needs is a yellow brick road and some flying monkeys . . .

BigAlSouth on May 18, 2011 at 5:46 AM

If anybody is qualified to tell a former President to pound sand, its Hillary. She had to deal with Billy Jeff’s BS and now she’s knee deep in a failed president of her own with Obama, so, of course, she’s going to say Hell NO!

could you imagine President Hillary Clinton lining those three jackasses up in a room and having a “that was then, this is NOW” chat with them? I’d buy that for a dollar.

ted c on May 18, 2011 at 5:59 AM

Hummer53 on May 18, 2011 at 12:48 AM

gun? heck, I’ll buy you a beer and give you $20 bucks if I had to make that choice. Easy.

ted c on May 18, 2011 at 6:57 AM

What can one add to that marvelous headline?

Perhaps, future presidential hopeful, from Hope Ak and working with Hope and Change says to give up any hope of it happening Mr Peanut…well any kind of nut will work.

Don L on May 18, 2011 at 7:13 AM

Hell no!!!

curved space on May 18, 2011 at 7:14 AM

We are in deep trouble when conservatives are thinking that this far she-leftist is any better for America that the big-eared Marxist. Nukes, chemicals, bio-evil, firestorms, what does it really matter – they are at war with the very concept of freedom and God.

Don L on May 18, 2011 at 7:24 AM

BigAlSouth on May 18, 2011 at 5:46 AM

They found her striped socks in one of those missing FBI files.

SKYFOX on May 18, 2011 at 7:26 AM

Clinton is part of the problem. She only looks favorable at the moment because of her boss. Remember ‘smart power’ and the ‘reset’ button? Clinton is a joke without a punchline.

zoyclem on May 18, 2011 at 7:30 AM

Who’s ‘we’?

slickwillie2001 on May 17, 2011 at 10:08 PM

A very wise person told me, years ago…

Keep your mouth shut, and your ears open.

Sooner or later, people will tell on themselves.

Well, guess what?

He just let the cat out of the bag.

Suspicion: Allahpundit is a Liberal masquerading as a Conservative.

Status: Confirmed

I’ve suspected as much, ever since his, and Michelle Malkin’s full frontal attack on John McCain, in the run-up to the 2010 election.

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly. But the traitor moves among those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the galleys, heard in the very hall of government a blog itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor—he speaks in the accents familiar to his victims, and wears their face and their garment, and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation—he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city—he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared…….Cicero, 42 B.C.E.

Did you stay at home on election day?.. Did you vote for a minor candidate?

If you did, and you did it based on the twaddle of Allahpundit, all you did was disenfranchise yourself.

Exactly as intended.

franksalterego on May 18, 2011 at 7:33 AM

While I’m at it, lemme’ point out something else…

The Road NOT Taken.

Had we held our noses, and put McCain in the White House, we would NEVER had the gignormous, destructive “health” bill enacted.

And, at this point in time, we’d be in the catbird’s seat, holding both the House and the Executive branch.

McCain MAY BE an idiot.. But, he’s OUR idiot, and subject to OUR demands.

What we ended up with is, a cockroach who spits on you AND your country.

franksalterego on May 18, 2011 at 7:59 AM

I WILL NOT VOTE FOR A RINO or DEMOCRAT IN 2012

disa on May 18, 2011 at 12:48 AM

Me either. I will never vote for someone who has absolutely zero real world experience at some kind of JOB either.

Hillary has none. The idea that she has been a senator and no Secretary of state is extremely disgusting.

We have a lot of people in this country who have worked their asses off and actually know something, but we are governed by those who know nothing and have never done anything.

dogsoldier on May 18, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Heh.

Daniels – Clinton, 2012!!!

Jaibones on May 18, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Bad news

Says who?

NoFanofLibs on May 18, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Can you picture Shrillary in a debate with SP? Game over.

Kissmygrits on May 18, 2011 at 8:44 AM

Corky Boyd on May 18, 2011 at 12:52 AM

My old person memory couldn’t remember the specifics, but I knew that the Clintons had gotten burned badly by Carter before. Thanks for the flashback. Since that I happened, I have been surprised that Carter’s passport hasn’t been revoked.

Cindy Munford on May 18, 2011 at 8:50 AM

per an alleged eye witness account

Plant the story. Stand by and watch as others give it life.

maverick muse on May 18, 2011 at 8:59 AM

Just remember, Obamalinsky is Soros’ puppet. Hillary is a Soros’ PARTNER. Just ask Putin how they raped Russia after the fall of Communism.

adamsmith on May 18, 2011 at 9:00 AM

As if Allahpundit doesn’t know Hillary to be a Marxist.

maverick muse on May 18, 2011 at 9:00 AM

adamsmith on May 18, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Exactly.

maverick muse on May 18, 2011 at 9:01 AM

I WILL NOT VOTE FOR A RINO or DEMOCRAT IN 2012

disa on May 18, 2011 at 12:48 AM

So you’re content to leave an unabashed communist subversive in charge of America for four more years. Yes, your standards are high indeed.

Big John on May 18, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I detest the Clintons but I said back during the primaries that if it had to be a Dem that I would prefer Hillary to Obama. I knew what was and I knew that as much as I disliked Clinton, her goal wouldn’t be to dismantle the US and rebuild it as a commie state. And I stand by that assessment today. If it can’t be a Repub, at least let Hillary primary the commie and get rid of him at all costs.

Big John on May 18, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Hillary: “You are not going to wave a magic wand and have the special interests disappear”

What she didn’t realize is that Teh Won was able to wave a magic wand and redefine what a special interest was.

Soros supported Astroturf groups and union thugs: “Working families”
Tea Partiers: “Corporate toady Koch-brother puppets”

eeyore on May 18, 2011 at 9:36 AM

I disagree. Hillary is just as dedicated a Marxist and just as dedicated to the transformation of America into a socialist utopia as the Jugeared Nitwit. She’s also a lot more dangerous.
She’s several orders of magnitude smarter, craftier and more politically savvy.
The only difference is that she wouldn’t bow to kings and potentates. She would expect them to bow to her.

single stack on May 18, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Please show some respect. That’s Former “President” Useful Idiot.

hawkdriver on May 18, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Carter was one of the worst Presidents the US has ever had, and is the worst former President the US has ever had.

He’s never forgiven us for not re-electing him.

The most generous explanation for his behavior is dementia.

He deserves to be called out on his sorry record as ex-President, publicly and repeatedly.

LarryD on May 18, 2011 at 10:21 AM

You need to give the bong a rest, dude.

Show me some evidence (grand jury, not trial grade) that she is making moves for a run and I’ll….I’ll….do something cool.

BobMbx on May 18, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Don’t play with my emotions, AP. #PUMA for life.

dee4hill on May 18, 2011 at 10:30 AM

LarryD on May 18, 2011 at 10:21 AM

Pretty much sums it up.

And he’s not one of those likeable, demented, grandpa types.
He’s a mean old bastard.

justltl on May 18, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Has it come to this?

An election I would gladly vote for Hillary over Obama?

Yipes.

Lawrence on May 18, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Some of you are taking AP’s remarks far too literally.

There’s a nice little veneer of two-beers sarcasm floating over his remarks that some of you just seem intent on missing.

I would be happy to see her primary the clown we’ve got now, and I’d even prefer (if that’s the right word) the kick-in-the-nuts of having her as President vs the cut-off-our-scrotum-and-serve-it-on-arugula treatment we’re getting from the current Man From ACORN.

And, of course, if Obama would go down in flames, it would be an object lesson to whomever follows in the unwillingness of the American public to swallow naked hard-leftism in the White House.

JEM on May 18, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Was Hillary Her Thighness this vehemently adamant under Bush’s eight years, when all sorts of useful idiots (Carter, Pelosi, et al.) doing foreign trips on their own to make nice nice to our enemies?

Well, then, FO.

Sir Napsalot on May 18, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Riiight. And you think the healthcare bill will go away with a hillary at the helm? Nope, it’ll get worse.

WitchDoctor on May 18, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Election 2012:

Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton defeats former President Barack Barry Soetoro Hussein Obama Idi Amin II (Peace be unto Him. Praise His Holy Name! Let every head bow in revernce, worship, and adoration … blah, blah, blah, and so on and so on and so on).

Presidential Candidate Michelle Bachmann defeats Hillary ” The Entitled One” Rodham Clinton in a landslide victory, winning all fifty states by at least 55 %, and up to 97%, including the majority black, Hispanic, Asian, Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Independent, Pro-Life, Pro-US, pro-Constitution, and Tea Party voters.

From 2013 – after the inauguration, till when their eight year, two term presidency comes to its Constitutional limit, President Michelle Bachman, and her Vice President, Sarah Palin, have left the most prosperous economy since the beginning, nay, in the entire history of the USA. They also leave the nation more secure, prosperous, and in harmony than ever before. There is no more friction between the races, perpetuated by leftist, democrat racist politicians, media thugs, entertainment industry racist bigots, education system plantation rulers, and Union thugs. There is no more illegal immigration, and all the entitlements have been eliminated, has other non-Constitutional spending.

There is freedom of education for students, as the Government and the Public School system is no longer allowed to limit education choices for parents and their children, especially in poor areas in which vouchers and school choice have been denied the the government.

As a result, US education soars, producing at least 90% PhDs with degrees in Science, Business, and other worthwhile interests. The skills, such as carpentry, mechanical skills, etc., are also more productive as more and more people are able to learn, and find work, or start their own businesses in those fields as well, and their technical expertise is second to on one in any other nation on earth.

Just a few things which could happen.

William2006 on May 18, 2011 at 2:13 PM