Krauthammer on Gingrich: This is a capital offense against the 11th Commandment

posted at 8:38 pm on May 16, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via Fox News Insider, I’m posting this mainly to give the Palin, O’Donnell, and Rush fans in the comments a chance to say “look who’s talking.”

How much longer can the beatings of Gingrich go on? Judging from this, at least another couple of days, I’d guess:

Republicans say they were largely blindsided by the comment, which came on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday. But some in Congress said they’ve heard Gingrich say this before. Campbell, a staunch conservative, said that the Georgian told a group of Republicans in a closed meeting earlier this year that they shouldn’t “be messing with entitlements.”

“I’m not inclined to support somebody that makes our jobs harder rather than easier, personally,” said Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.), a member of the Budget Committee and former Republican National Committee chief of staff who considers Gingrich a serious candidate. “I don’t know what other people think.”…

“It’s typical of Newt to be whimsical,” [former Gingrich rival Dick] Armey said in a phone interview with POLITICO on Monday. “We always say: Newt always has so many great ideas. Well yeah, but then he shifts between them at such a rate it’s pretty hard to track it let alone keep up with it.”…

“My view right now is he has joined the ‘don’t care’ crowd, “Armey said. “It isn’t about the nation’s health care — the nation’s fiscal health care — it’s about [Newt’s] presidential race.”

So there’s his campaign slogan in the making. “Newt 2012: Don’t Be Messing With Entitlements.” A surefire winner with 80-85 percent of the 65-and-over vote.

Two clips for you here, first Krauthammer and then Brit Hume. If you thought the Foxies might go easy on one of their own (former) contributors, think again.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Are you missing a sister? That sounds like my mom.

Mutnodjmet on May 16, 2011 at 9:03 PM

I do have a sister who is a staunch conservative who supports Palin and sees Krathammer for the Rino DB that he is. Julie, is that you?

Kataklysmic on May 16, 2011 at 10:04 PM

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Political expediency? Really now? That implies that he would have some agenda of his own, does it not? Please tell us what that agenda might be.

MJBrutus on May 16, 2011 at 10:05 PM

But but but … he was the adult in the room… for serious policy debates…

Oh shut up CK. You lost all credibility long ago.

antisocial on May 16, 2011 at 10:05 PM

See I think he thought it through and said excatly what he wanted to say. I think he was stupid because he didn’t really understand the ramifications of what he was saying. Newt was trying to thread the needle. To back away from the Ryan plan to support senior’s and to steal some of mitt’s supports. He failed.

unseen on May 16, 2011 at 9:50 PM

I’d agree with that. Because I don’t think Newt is in the habit of looking at the Big Picture. His history of infidelity shows the same blind spot… a guy who wants what he wants when he wants it, and then takes the most expedient route to get it.

He did the same thing with NY-23 in 2009. Went directly to his goal, more Republicans in the House, and completely missed the fact that he was trading on his own credibility in his support of Scozzafava.

He’s a Small Picture guy who fixates on immediate goals without thought to the overall outcome. It’s a serious flaw.

Murf76 on May 16, 2011 at 10:09 PM

MJBrutus on May 16, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Aiding the establishment that I loathe with every fiber of my being, Brutus. You really have to ask? The magnitude of Krauthammer’s impact on the national scene has little to do one way or the other with his principles, and it’s his principles I’ve come to question.

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Murf76 on May 16, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Seems to me that small picture guys don’t do real well with presidential campaigns. Surprise surprise!

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Sean Hannity is providing cover for Newt because he has had a man-crush on Newt for years.

Mahdi on May 16, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Credibility speaks about Reaganism like he was part of it. He was a Jimmy Carter liberal during the ’80 election.

CK is a convert to Reagansim, and a fair weather version to boot.

portlandon on May 16, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Credibility Krauthammer speaks about Reaganism like he was part of it. He was a Jimmy Carter liberal during the ’80 election.

CK is a convert to Reagansim, and a fair weather version to boot.

portlandon on May 16, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Psst. It’s his job to give his opinions and make judgments.

MJBrutus on May 16, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Oh … so he’s hiding behind that “journalistic mask”?

Sorry – still don’t give him a pass. He may be a pundit – but he “morphs” his opinions to suit only the Ruling Class Republicans.

Never heard him say a word when the NRSC told Fox they wouldn’t support COD at the very moment she was giving her primary victory speech.

Never heard him call out John Cornyn after Cornyn LIED and said the NRSC didn’t say what they obviously said.

Karl Rove ain’t no pundit – I’m sorry – he’s not. He’s still running PAC’s and backing candidates with his money – and money he raises. Never heard K-hammer criticize Rove when he’s criticized Palin and CoD.

K-Hammer lives in a fantasy world. I still chuckle when I remember how he claimed Timothy Geithner SAVED THE UNITED STATES WITH TARP.

K-Hammer is laughable – and he stutters. That he comes up with wit every now and then is nothing remarkable.

HondaV65 on May 16, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Just to be clear, … if pundits don’t have a real impact on the body politick, then why do we have punditry?

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 10:01 PM

I did not “jump all over (you) for criticizing a pundit who gets paid to have an opinion” simply because you offered no criticism – just a simple “shut up”.

If you think he’s mouthing words for “political expediency” then fine. However, I don’t – I think he gave his opinion and I think your indignation is based more on your not liking his take more than anything else.

Rod on May 16, 2011 at 10:28 PM

CK is a convert to Reagansim, and a fair weather version to boot.

portlandon on May 16, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Krauthammer is a pundit. Not a politician.

The fact that the guy has evolved his opinions over time gives him MORE credibility in my book. He’s got no party to protect, no campaign contributors to impress. So, it doesn’t bother me that he was once a Democrat. Truth be told, 30 years ago, so was I.

Most people grow and mature with time.

Murf76 on May 16, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Ugh. I hate it that we can’t edit these things. lol

Murf76 on May 16, 2011 at 10:29 PM

HondaV65 on May 16, 2011 at 10:22 PM

No silly, he’s not hiding. He appears on TV and writes columns all the time to say just what he thinks.

Why should CK have criticized Rove when Rove was right?

And not only does he stutter, but he sits in a wheelchair too. You’re right, he couldn’t possibly have anything of value to say.

MJBrutus on May 16, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Most people grow and mature with time.

Murf76 on May 16, 2011 at 10:28 PM

If you think that’s what the cabbage pounder has done in his vocal support of the Republican establishment, then you and I will have to live with what I call a “difference of opinion.”

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Why should CK have criticized Rove when Rove was right?

MJBrutus on May 16, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Rove was right? Man…I gotta figure out a way to get paid to do this. This blog commenting ain’t cutting it.

Rove definitely has an agenda. He has been working behind the scenes, and still is, the whole time he has been a Fox News contributor. Does anyone care what Rove and the cabbage pounder do to influence policy when they’re not on a bunch of TV screens?

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Why would anyone think that? The lefty news media are the ones that give *their* guys a pass on any and every thing.

The righty news media – like most conservatives themselves – simply don’t like hypocrisy and are happy to point it out, whether the perpetrator is a lefty *or* (theoretically) a fellow righty.

Midas on May 16, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Aiding the establishment that I loathe with every fiber of my being, Brutus.

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Well I suppose that if one were to harbor a deep-seated and implacable hatred it should be towards some vague and flexible concept like “the establishment.” It allows one to shift one’s focus as needed and to group people under such a rubric at one’s convenience. Not to mention the unlimited scope with which to formulate conspiracies. Oh, yes I can see the advantages quite clearly.

MJBrutus on May 16, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Someone recently made the observation that the Republican candidates are not engaged in a beauty contest: it’s an Ugly contest.

That is sounding more accurate every day.

“If God had wanted us to vote, He would have given us candidates.” ~~ Jay Leno

RedPepper on May 16, 2011 at 10:36 PM

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 10:30 PM

The guy has a right to his opinion… whatever it is. Sometimes I agree with it, sometimes I don’t. But it’s not like he’s getting a paycheck from the Republican Party. He doesn’t work for them. His bread ‘n butter is in being right as often as he can. That’s his currency in the business he’s in. And frankly, he wouldn’t have the stature he has… if he wasn’t right fairly often. He’s most likely right about Newt, IMHO.

Murf76 on May 16, 2011 at 10:36 PM

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 10:33 PM

So having an agenda means that he could not have been right about O’Donnell?

MJBrutus on May 16, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Krauthammer can be right every once in a while. The big difference between what Gingrich said and what CK says is that Gingrich is now a candidate for president. What he says counts. And as a candidate, he should be doing and saying things that get himself elected, along with the whole host of right-leaning Republicans. Instead, he sounds more like an Obama Republican than a Reagan Democrat, IYKWIM.

Doesn’t anybody pay attention to election results anymore?

Tennman on May 16, 2011 at 10:44 PM

HURL-TASTIC!!!!

Dick Armey and anyone from the 1994 Newt Leadership team.

Darrell Issa for talking a BIG TALK about investigations then jacking around for months with nothing to show for it (hey Issa you got some baggage YOU’RE trying to hide)?

Newt……Huckabee…..Romney…..and any other GOP establishment clone that’s really MOUTHS CONSERVATIVE talk but is really just a Rockefeller/Bush/Progressive firmly entrenched in the GOP.

We need someone to get in there and kick the GOP’s arse up and down Pennsylvania Avenue…..and then kick them some more.

Lying, pandering Politicians just make me want to hurl.

PappyD61 on May 16, 2011 at 11:16 PM

So having an agenda means that he could not have been right about O’Donnell?

MJBrutus on May 16, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Straw man much? I haven’t said sh!t about O’Donnell on this thread. But since YOU bring it up, I never questioned the correctness of the cabbage pounder’s opinion in the matter. I merely opined that speaking out against an established candidate, post-primaries, was not a wise idea no matter who it turned out to be. And by the by, it wasn’t L’Affaire O’Donnell that really caused me to lose my faith in the cabbage pounder. It’s some of the stuff he’s said since then.

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 11:22 PM

He’s most likely right about Newt, IMHO.

Murf76 on May 16, 2011 at 10:36 PM

I agree with him on Newt. But it’s going to take a lot more than that to win back the respect he’s lost with me.

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 11:23 PM

MJBrutus on May 16, 2011 at 10:36 PM

I could go into much greater detail, but I don’t think you want me to. Let’s just say it’s the “establishment” that the cabbage pounder worked for while actively campaigning against Ronald Reagan in 1980 after coming off a stint in the Carter White House.

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 11:25 PM

MJBrutus on May 16, 2011 at 10:36 PM

It’s not vague and flexible. It has faces and names. Check them out the next time there’s a story about a poll of GOP Insiders ™ .

pseudoforce on May 16, 2011 at 11:33 PM

I remember, 2 or 3 years ago I called CK a GOP establishment hack (much like MJBrutus, Romney, and right2bright) and I was criticized heavily.

Just like Rush, I’m right 99% of the time.

As time goes on and I prepare for the worst, I can only look in amusement as the rest of you are flabbergasted the GOP will continue to screw you till the day you die if you let them.

MadDogF on May 16, 2011 at 11:36 PM

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 10:33 PM

So having an agenda means that he could not have been right about O’Donnell?

MJBrutus on May 16, 2011 at 10:40 PM

The point is that someone — ANYone — trashing a duly selected GOP nominee in a race — AFTER the primary, obviously — has absolutely NO right to bloviate about this 11th Commandment business.

pseudoforce on May 16, 2011 at 11:39 PM

MadDogF on May 16, 2011 at 11:36 PM

I dunno what’s worse. The way the GOP screws us, or the way we supposedly have to kowtow to the tiny percentage of independent voters that aren’t sick of being screwed yet.

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 11:40 PM

MadDogF on May 16, 2011 at 11:36 PM

It’s no surprise to me. It’s been going on for decades.

pseudoforce on May 16, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Krauthammer is a superb pundit. I am not sure where the animus towards him comes from. He is paid to give his considered opinion and he does. Krauthammer is deeply conservative on foreign policy. He is less conservative on other matters – and on some things, such as a gas tax, far out in left field – though in all matters, he is deeply observant and intellectually honest. Have I missed something?

At any rate, CK is spot on about Newt. I can’t see Newt recovering from this, and I say that from the perspective of a person who was supporting Newt as the best option for Republicans in 2012. Newt did a good job of leading the charge in 1994. Moreover, the Contract With America, which Newt push so vociferously, was a masterstroke. Add to that Newt’s intellectual agility – does anyone doubt that he would clean the floor with Obama in a debate?

But now it seems that Newt is stuck in 1994. I choked on my corn flakes when I read of Newt’s embrace of ethanol subsidies. And now there is his ridiculous attack on Ryan’s Medicare plan as “rightwing social engineering,” and his embrace of some “variant” of the individual mandate, I wouldn’t vote for him now for dogcatcher. This is not something he can walk back. Newt doesn’t need to be running for the Republican candidacy, he needs to be mounting a primary challenge to Obama.

Wolf Howling on May 16, 2011 at 11:45 PM

What did Reagan mean? My point is simply that Kraut, Rove, et al, are pundits and not “bound” by the 11th, from my limited understanding.

Bee on May 16, 2011 at 9:36 PM

The 11th is just a means to get conservatives to hold their noses and support the squish du jour.

Ah yes, good old Howard Beale. Now there is a paragon of wisdom!

MJBrutus on May 16, 2011 at 9:58 PM

He’s been right more often than Krauthammer or Will have lately.

pseudoforce on May 16, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Wolf Howling on May 16, 2011 at 11:45 PM

My animus comes from the cabbage pounder’s apparent flexibility in his principles. And anyone who believes that CK is just another pundit needs to do more reading about his past and present political activism. Same with Rove.

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 11:47 PM

CK is a very good analyst who I think is a straight shooter!..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2011 at 11:48 PM

CK is a very good analyst who I think is a straight shooter!..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Then you and I have somewhat of a difference of opinion on the matter.

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 11:52 PM

There will only be one Reagan in my lifetime and I really must resign myself to that fact.

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Then you and I have somewhat of a difference of opinion on the matter.

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 11:52 PM

No problem..We usually do have a difference of opinion..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Well all I can say to that is, thank God almighty there will be only one Newt.

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 11:57 PM

No problem..We usually do have a difference of opinion..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2011 at 11:57 PM

And I can deal just fine with a simple difference of opinion.

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Dire Straits on May 16, 2011 at 11:48 PM

I love listening to him and I think he knows inside the Beltway better than anyone. There in lies the problem, we are not of the Beltway. I liked that he graciously backed down on his disdain of the Tea Party but I don’t think he will accept any candidate as “serious” without an establishment pedigree. I might ultimately have no choice but right now that’s not where my heart is.

Cindy Munford on May 17, 2011 at 12:06 AM

And I can deal just fine with a simple difference of opinion.

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Same here!..:)

Dire Straits on May 17, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Cindy Munford on May 17, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Great analysis of CK!..I think he knows his stuff but can be very hawkish toward “wild cards”!..:)

PS..But you do make an excellent point!..:)

Dire Straits on May 17, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Cindy Munford on May 17, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Of course not, which means a steady diet of boring, non-threatening Bob Michel/ Bob Dole-type “lovable loser” presidential candidates.

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Another Reagan will never be allowed, not with the current party structure.

pseudoforce on May 17, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Gingrich is a waste of time and hair spray.

BoomJunkie on May 17, 2011 at 12:18 AM

pseudoforce on May 17, 2011 at 12:12 AM

It really is quite depressing.

Cindy Munford on May 17, 2011 at 12:20 AM

And now the DCCC is prepping ads to say that even Newt – a far-rightwinger – thinks Ryan is radical. Thanks for nothing but your big fat ego.

BTW, just an off the wall observation. His eyes, when not looking at the camera reminds me of a Great White. Dunno why, just saying.

AH_C on May 17, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Cindy Munford on May 17, 2011 at 12:06 AM

And therein lies the source of my disdain for Krauthammer. I don’t care whomy fellow Republicans a person support, or even really why, as long as they have their minds made up on principle. It’s when I feel personally insulted, as I have listening to the cabbage pounder, that I flip the channel or turn off the radio.

gryphon202 on May 17, 2011 at 12:54 AM

gryphon202 on May 17, 2011 at 12:54 AM

I’m not insulted, I can compartmentalize the information. I do find it sad that it is the prevailing view of so many. When it comes to the Republican nominee, both sides of the insider coin agree and that ought to frighten them both. I’m calling it a night, sweet dreams.

Cindy Munford on May 17, 2011 at 1:02 AM

I love all the Palinistas hating Krauthammer. If you think Krauthammer is a moron, yet Palin is some sort of genius. Well, you’re too far gone for rational thought.

When the Obama cultists were obsessed with their man, they lost their ability to see him clearly. Palinistas are on the same track. If they doom us in 2012 like the idiots who backed McCain did in 08…

TheBlueSite on May 17, 2011 at 1:32 AM

I’m not insulted, I can compartmentalize the information.

Cindy Munford on May 17, 2011 at 1:02 AM

You don’t have to be insulted. Just giving my opinion on the matter.

gryphon202 on May 17, 2011 at 1:38 AM

TheBlueSite on May 17, 2011 at 1:32 AM

Palinistas aren’t the only ones who feel insulted by Krauthammer as-late, douchebag. But whatevs…

gryphon202 on May 17, 2011 at 1:39 AM

gryphon202 on May 17, 2011 at 1:39 AM

Mature.

Yes, heaven forbid Krauthammer live in the fantasy world with those who don’t laugh when talking about Palin, Bachmann, or O’Donnell as serious politicians.

TheBlueSite on May 17, 2011 at 1:41 AM

How about trying, “I don’t agree with Krauthammer because … ” .

Rod on May 16, 2011 at 9:55 PM<

Just to be clear, I agree with the cabbage pounder on a lot of things. Maybe even most things. But I believe he has spoken from a standpoint of political expediency on more than one occasion, and political expediency =/= principle. And before you jump all over me for criticizing a pundit who gets paid to have an opinion, if pundits don’t have a real impact on the body politick, then why do we have punditry?

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Sorry, skippy, but you are simply restating your opinion w/o offering any facts or supporting reasoning. BTW: in order for pundits to have any hope of influencing public opinion, they have to offer….facts and reasoning.

How about YOU trying?

p.s. mocking the English translation of a person’s name is really, really, really chickenbleep.

But OK, I can play that game too: I understand “gryphon” in German means “chicken shtupper”.

fulldroolcup on May 17, 2011 at 1:43 AM

fulldroolcup on May 17, 2011 at 1:43 AM

Try again, dipsh!t. I’ve been calling Krauthammer that for years, long before I began seeing him as a sanctimonious douchebag. And as for simply “restating my opinion,” I didn’t think I had ever claimed to be offering up anything other than an opinion. I find Charles Krauthammer to be lacking in conservative credentials as I understand the term “conservative.” I’m okay with a difference of opinion, but don’t turn this into something personal when it doesn’t need to be.

CK is a very good analyst who I think is a straight shooter!..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Then you and I have somewhat of a difference of opinion on the matter.

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 11:52 PM

No problem..We usually do have a difference of opinion..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2011 at 11:57 PM

And I can deal just fine with a simple difference of opinion.

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 11:58 PM

I’m not insulted, I can compartmentalize the information.

Cindy Munford on May 17, 2011 at 1:02 AM

You don’t have to be insulted. Just giving my opinion on the matter.

gryphon202 on May 17, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Now if after all that, I haven’t made it abundantly clear that I know I am offering up my opinion on the kind of pundit that Charles Krauthammer is, then you should get yourself tested for a learning disability cause you probably have a reading comprehension problem.

gryphon202 on May 17, 2011 at 1:56 AM

..cabbage pounder..

gryphon202 on May 16, 2011 at 11:25 PM

..I finally got it. Truly funny image.

The War Planner on May 17, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Murf76 on May 16, 2011 at 10:09 PM

great way to put it and agree

unseen on May 17, 2011 at 1:58 AM

..I finally got it. Truly funny image.

The War Planner on May 17, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Ya know, nobody complained about me calling him “cabbage pounder” when I did so affectionately.

gryphon202 on May 17, 2011 at 1:59 AM

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2011 at 11:55 PM

I believe we will need people even greater than Reagan to save the Republic in our lifetimes, and they will rise to the occasion.

scotash on May 17, 2011 at 4:31 AM

Newt Newters himself. Some people talk about damage to his brand. I figure it’s more like damage to his brain.

{^_^}

herself on May 17, 2011 at 4:49 AM

Levin verbally “puked” at that directly to his face (over the phone). Had him speechless more than once.

Marcus on May 16, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Does Levin have free podcasts? I really miss his show! They took him off my local station. Now I have Rush Radio with Beck, Hannity and Rush (and a few locals).

Oh, funny about the puking: Beck did that with Meagan McCain last week. Wonder if Levin heard that, given their odd long-standing feud.

Bee on May 17, 2011 at 5:13 AM

Does Levin have free podcasts? I really miss his show!

Bee on May 17, 2011 at 5:13 AM

You can listen to the show live online here. Also, his archives are at the same link–and they’re free.

IrishEi on May 17, 2011 at 5:33 AM

IrishEi on May 17, 2011 at 5:33 AM

You know, as soon as I typed that I realized I was just being a lazy pre-coffee commenter and could have done a search myself. Thank you for doing that, though. :)

Bee on May 17, 2011 at 5:51 AM

Like most of us CK is big on opinion and small on real insight. Just another pundit who believes himself the smartest man in the room and is very put out when you don’t agree. I count on you folks to let me know if he ever says anything truly intelligent as I won’t be paying attention to him. I certainly don’t need him to tell me that Gingrich is not the guy to lead us out of this mess. Some things are so obvious they don’t need explanation.

SKYFOX on May 17, 2011 at 6:50 AM

He was turned into Newt… and never got better.

Go back to writing fiction, Newt, as it gives you your own little universe to control.

And remember your great campaign against WFA in Medicare/Medicaid misses the point that these large systems are set up to be amenable to political hacks and create the ability to perpetrate fraud much easier due to their size. This governmetn wasn’t made to administer something of that size and any government that could would be an extreme threat to our Liberty and Freedom.

Go away, Newt, recognition that we can’t pay for these ‘entitlements’ and that we are broke due to them isn’t ‘right-wing social engineering’ it is trying to get rid of government as a social engineer because it doesn’t know how to run a train. Or build a better society. We do, as individuals, the government cannot because of what it must do to protect the Nation.

Exit via the door marked ‘Progressive’ Newt, for that is the exit you have chosen.

ajacksonian on May 17, 2011 at 6:59 AM

*sigh* Heard him on Hannity yesterday, he was going on about how we need a national conversation to get things started then “listen to everyones ideas”. Yeah ok. Look, Ryan came up with a comprehensive plan. Let’s roll.

People have ideas let’s hear em but put up or shut up. He’s trying to drag it out so he can say he’s working on the issue and at the same time not do anything to piss off the elderly who are busy buying snuggies and playing bingo or whatever they do.

Dash on May 17, 2011 at 7:40 AM

Just another pundit who believes himself the smartest man in the room

SKYFOX on May 17, 2011 at 6:50 AM

He usually is.

MJBrutus on May 17, 2011 at 7:46 AM

gryphon202 on May 17, 2011 at 1:38 AM

It’s not that I can’t be insult by pundits…..Mrs. Parker tends to pluck at my last nerve.

Cindy Munford on May 17, 2011 at 7:49 AM

By allowing his arrogance to override his requisite for political expediency, we all witnessed Newt’s stupidity lurching forward and crashing into his fellow Republicans. The 11th commandment is certainly important, but the vital instruction that he disregarded was “Be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth into gear.”

Bootleghooch on May 17, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Just another pundit who believes himself the smartest man in the room

SKYFOX on May 17, 2011 at 6:50 AM

He usually is.

MJBrutus on May 17, 2011 at 7:46 AM

Yeah, his take on the tea party was just brilliant and oh-so-perceptive.

pseudoforce on May 17, 2011 at 8:15 AM

TheBlueSite on May 17, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Say BlueSite, why don’t you go out on a limb and start actually supporting the non-female candidate of your choice? I know it’s easier to sit around and b1tch about Palin and Bachmann and everything, but really. It’s about time to put up or shut up.

pseudoforce on May 17, 2011 at 8:17 AM

The Elitists are imploding. Stick a fork in Newt’s campaign. It’s done.

kingsjester on May 17, 2011 at 8:22 AM

It appears my work informing you all of CK’s current RINO ways is having an effect. Years I’ve blown the trumpet, Krauthammer cannot be trusted, it seems to finally be waking some of you up.

Now, I’ve also been saying not to trust Breitbart if you’re a Christian. Breitbart’s goal is to diminish the influence of Christian’s within the conservative movement, hence his (and AP’s) attacks against social conservatives. He cleverly focuses almost exclusively on fiscal/big government issues to appease you all, while at the same time works to destroy Christianity while you salivate and celebrate his attacks on big government.

Again, much like my years of informing you all that the GOP will betray you, and that Krauthammer can’t be trusted, I now tell you (actually have been telling you since Breitbart suckered you in) that Breitbart cannot be trusted if you’re a Christian.

Buyer beware.

True_King on May 17, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Boker tov, True_King. Thank you for saving us with your wisdom.

myrenovations on May 17, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Politico has a poll out, would you vote for Obama if election was today. He is AHEAD.. Unreal. http://www.politico.com/

reshas1 on May 17, 2011 at 8:52 AM

True_King on May 17, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Yeah man. They’re all out to get the Christians. I hear that they’re secretly breeding lions and you know what that means.

Jews like CK and Breit control the media. They’re the elite who pull the strings of the establishment from behind the scenes. But we’re on to them man and we’re fighting back.

/s

MJBrutus on May 17, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Newt wants to tweak Ryans plan enough that he can take credit for it.

ctmom on May 17, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Yeah, his take on the tea party was just brilliant and oh-so-perceptive.

pseudoforce on May 17, 2011 at 8:15 AM

Would you care to explain that marvelous sarcasm?

MJBrutus on May 17, 2011 at 9:06 AM

True_King on May 17, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Uh…I don’t feel as if my faith is inconsistent with even a truly secular government, let alone threatened by any pundit.

Bee on May 17, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Shortest Presidential campaign ever!

Christian Conservative on May 17, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Dr Sauerkraut lecturing anyone about violating the 11th Amendment? That’s rich. What next, Tokyo Karl Rove to lecture on being a good team player?

Kraut would be fine with Newt pounding on Palin, Bachman or any other Con that doesn’t toe the RINO line. As he routinely does. The diff here was, Neutered attacked one of their fair haired boys. Cardinal sin to the GOP frauds.

Good riddance, Newt, and pls go away Charles, Bill Bennett, Karl Rove and other phony GOP scolds.

james23 on May 17, 2011 at 9:43 AM

How much longer can the beatings of Gingrich go on?

Until morale improves?

JohnGalt23 on May 17, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Newt, in all fairness, is the perennial college professor who forgets that the political world is not a classroom where various opinions are posited only to be torn down only to be reconstructed elsewhere more appropriately. He is of the “what if’ mindset, that seeks no boundaries when asking great questions, but closes firmly when they encounter the poltical venue. I suspect may have gotten careless and slipped thinking he was but in a class of “what if” thinkers and violated the rules of politics by mouthing the unmouthable -the very heart and soul position of the enenmy.

Having said all that – There’s another big possibility. He is not known as a man of high ethics and morals (however fair of an assessment that is) but, he has had no problem with being on the “other side” of GOP principle and has even committed the grievious political sin of making a commercial with the most hated enemy on the wrong side of a key issue (That Pelosi-AGW horror) He has also supported far-left judicial appointments and when combined with his private/public life, he becomes a potential poster child for disloyalty.

I would not be surprised (fantasy perhaps)to see him replace Biden as the Dems VP and this stuff is part of the lead up (everthing is part of a plan)

Don’t laugh – Imagine Obama at this key election having convinced and captured a historic top GOP fighter, with speaking skills beyond that of TOTUS, and claiming at last the unity in America that Christians and MLK spoke of, as (black and white) hands raise high together, He has filled his promise to bridge the gap -to change politics as usual -to bring together the great minds of both parties into one America -a new America, that even those evil dissonent whiners -the tea party can’t break up if you give us your vote.Hope and change have arrived as promised.

It could save his failed presidency and Newt as a liberal debater would be unbeatable.

If this would occur, McCain would soon call on Obama and offer his services as…..

Don L on May 17, 2011 at 9:58 AM

I also think it so typical of Dr. K to accuse Newt of violating the 11th commandment when it is Dr.K’s standard mode of anti-Palin takedown.

Don L on May 17, 2011 at 10:03 AM

reshas1 on May 17, 2011 at 8:52 AM

I wouldn’t be to worried. Who reads The Politico after all? It’s largely a libtard crowd. This is to be expected.

Kataklysmic on May 17, 2011 at 10:07 AM

pseudoforce on May 17, 2011 at 8:17 AM

I’m willing to bet it’s Daniels.

Kataklysmic on May 17, 2011 at 10:09 AM

MJBrutus on May 17, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Smarmy ridicule doesn’t in the least destroy the truth that we are in a post-Christian/anti-Christian world where the culture of death and hedonism have merged with the mighty state to control man through emotions: fear,greed,envy, not wisdom, natural law, Nature’s God,conscience and love.

One doesn’t need lions to remove what is good – it is a simple “choice” “We are either with Him, or we are against Him.” This world is making its choice quite clear enough without abusing the poor lions -it’s so much easier to abuse little humans.

Don L on May 17, 2011 at 10:21 AM

I will say that Mr. Krauthammer isn’t really steadfast in his adherence to the eleventh commandment.

Cindy Munford on May 17, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Don L on May 17, 2011 at 10:21 AM

I saw a bit of an interview with the lead singer from Guess Who, he said that the world thinks they are so smart that they have outgrown God. It’s a sad thought.

Cindy Munford on May 17, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Cindy Munford on May 17, 2011 at 10:29 AM

If indeed the eleventh commandment applies to pundits, which seems to be in some doubt.

gryphon202 on May 17, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Don L on May 17, 2011 at 10:21 AM

Yes, of course. And it’s those Jooze to blame for it all. Why they’re the ones who are standing in the way of the Christian Empire that our founders intended this nation to be. They’re the ones who are persecuting you. What we really need is for Christianity to merge more fully with the mighty state to control man.

Onward Christian soldiers!

/s

MJBrutus on May 17, 2011 at 10:32 AM

America’s future goes under Newt’s bus.

Socratease on May 17, 2011 at 10:33 AM

gryphon202 on May 17, 2011 at 10:32 AM

I guess that’s true, I have a hard time considering Rove a pundit but I suppose that is what he is now.

Cindy Munford on May 17, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Newt is the RINO version of Ted Kennedy.

BoomJunkie on May 17, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Many people are forgetting that Krauthammer is a pundit and not a Republican politician so there are no 11th commandments for him.

Gingrich is a vile pussbag and needs to go back to the couch with Pelosi.

Hilts on May 17, 2011 at 10:38 AM

gryphon202 on May 17, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Why would it not?

He can’t have it both ways … he can’t slam on the more Conservative pols while giving passes to the RINO’s – which he does often. If he’s a pundit – he’s objective and K-hammer is NOT objective.

Sure – he has very reasoned arguments and he sounds smart – but he selectively applies those skills so that the people he likes look good – and the ones he doesn’t look bad. And the ones he doesn’t like are the ones originating in the great “unwashed” grassroots out here. This not only makes him a bit intellectually dishonest – it makes him a ruling class hypocrite.

HondaV65 on May 17, 2011 at 10:39 AM