Breaking: Trump won’t run

posted at 12:57 pm on May 16, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

Does this mean that Donald Trump’s media tour was nothing more than a self-serving publicity stunt?  Perish the thought:

Donald Trump announced Monday that he will not run for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

Despite months of speculation and a brief pop in the polls, Trump said in a statement that he was “not ready to leave the private sector.”

Nothing proved that more than his oxygen-sucking clown act in pandering to conspiracy theorists.  Did anyone seriously think that Trump was serious about running for the nomination?

Hardest hit — Charles Krauthammer?

I’ll post updates as details emerge.

Update: Katrina Trinko has the entire statement at NRO, but the first paragraph is the most significant:

After considerable deliberation and reflection, I have decided not to pursue the office of the Presidency. This decision does not come easily or without regret; especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country. I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election. I have spent the past several months unofficially campaigning and recognize that running for public office cannot be done half heartedly. Ultimately, however, business is my greatest passion and I am not ready to leave the private sector.

So it’s the old I’d totally win if I cared enough to compete explanation, eh?   That’s not what the latest polls showed.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Do you know anything about “Mi Salud?” I hope there are no resemblances to ObamaCare/RomneyCare/MitchCare…

steebo77 on May 16, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Ok I hope some people understand this b/c it is a bit complicated.

There are four political parties in PR, as of last elections. Voters’ participation is 86% which I wish was the same in the US. The two main political parties are:

The New Progressive Party (NPP) and Popular Democratic Party (PDP) in English. The NPP which I was part of during my whole life ever since I learned to wave an American flag and the party flag. Supports statehood for Puerto Rico. The other one wants status quo.

MANY in the NPP are REPUBLICAN; others in the party are DEMS. On the PDP, ALL are DEMOCRATS.

What drives me nuts about this, is that because voting for POTUS is not allowed but we do love to serve under the Flag, no courtship is done whatsoever from the GOP; therefore, that’s where you read that the island does lean Democrat. Pelosi flew there to get fund raising, as the GOP does but w/o “star power”. GOP Presidents do not visit (at least as old as I am) so there’s no connection there. Andrew Card did fly over to PR every year under Bush 43 to deliver a letter on behalf of Bush.

Now to your question:

The first healthcare plan was implemented by then Governor Pedro Rosselló (NPP but a Democrat doctor) who had very close relations with the Clintons (therefore, ppl have read here what I do remember at the time and the reason Hillary won the PR Dem primary). At the beginning it was a great success and the elderly benefitted from it. But yes, the initial plan did damage the island’s deficit and its credit.

Here’s the best answer of any of Fortuño’s changes, don’t know since I don’t live there anymore. Good catch. Do I believe it’s like ObamaCare? As it was in the beginning, I think so BUT doctors’ appointments and hospital services always sucked. It is not a socialist system nor it has anything to do with that I guarantee you.

This is the info I found and I am gonna read it; hope it answers any q’s we may have. Keep in mind any government issued healthcare plans go against the grain of what we have experienced so far.

I don’t know nor think that this will succeed. BTW what Beck said about the party is not true; name is coincidental. The opposite party is the one that does encourage welfare, laziness and the island is in a disarray worse than Michigan. Current political structure is under THAT party.

In politics, politicians use things like these to buy votes, esp. the elderly and the poor. You know that, I know that and when there was a Tea-Party type movement it crumbled due to two reasons, the main one: Leadership and power took over. I blowed the whistle from here and I had to fly down; I wanted to bitchslap some faces, but my sis warned me of a possible coup exposé with the media present. I saw it, they were there and another blogger wanted to take me there for the bait; and I was the webmaster of the whole thing.

Now what I am told is to quit what I am doing, politics have done a lot of damage, Palin won’t lose and even if she did she’ll lose big time, etc. That’s what I hear from THERE.

Now I am split in two: Wishing statehood for an island with 4 million Americans who don’t pay fed taxes, nor any other US-related taxes (except those in the military and fed govt) but the US doesn’t care, and I know that now this is not possible, or I dunno if during my lifetime it will ever be possible. We got honorable vets up the wazoo, we got men and women there serving right now next to our guys in uniform and we’re basically equal.

The other thing is what I believe is the person who can straighten things out in this country and that will have positive repercussions in PR. And that person is Palin.

ProudPalinFan on May 16, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Hey unseen, Yeah that works for me!

bigmike on May 16, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Let’s be adults here and use our God-given brains.

Two first-tier GOP contenders bow out of the GOP presidential race in a period of 48 hours.

Why?

Could it have something to do with organize4palin and the groups effort’s to organize for a Sarah Palin presidential run in all 50 states and their success in doing so?

And could Huck and Trump both see the writing on the wall that they had nowhere that kind of grassroots support and had no hope of ever getting it?

For those who still think that Sarah Palin is NOT running, tell me who she would be afraid of–Mitt Romney, Mitch Daniels, Tim Pawlenty, Herman Cain?

technopeasant on May 16, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Oh my gosh. I’m sorry but, you seriously think other people are basing getting in or out because some people are organizing for Palin?

See this is what drives me nuts!

The world does not revolve around Palin. I promise.

On a positive note… Palin has gotten some support from somewhere at intrade, because she is above 6% there, and her trend is up.

What a hateful thing I just said! Shame shame shame on me the idiot!

petunia on May 16, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Petunia, you will NEVER admit to the facts on the ground that there was a really bad piece of legislation that turned into a law that carried with it a severe case of unintended consequences. Things were so corrupt from an entrenched one party rule in Alaska by their ruling elite RINOS, that the zeal to put in stringent ethics law created a situation where the law itself made it impossible for the person sitting in the governor’s office had no means to defend themselves against any of the complaints.

Anyone could file a complaint for any reason (as frivolous as Sarah showing up for that important snow machine race wearing one of Todd’s team jackets that had his sponsors on the jacket for pete’s sake), and the holder of that office had to respond to the complaints without access to attorneys employed by or paid for by the state.

That ethics law in and of itself completely wipes out the ability of 98% of the people to serve in office because 98% of us are not rich enough to spend 2 to 3 million dollars responding to unfounded ethics complaints that were eventually dismissed against Sarah Palin. She ended up paying the state for some of her kids plane tickets when they went with her on state business. I frankly think that was unnecessary. Do we charge obozo every time his family hops on the plane when he flits around the country?

As long as you, petunia, REFUSE to recognize the reality on the ground up in Alaska, you are disingenuous with your snide remarks about her resignation and also insinuating that she did a lot of things wrong otherwise she would not have had all of those complaints filed.

The democrats fight really dirty and their operatives were working overtime taking advantage of that law. And you know it.

karenhasfreedom on May 16, 2011 at 3:50 PM

The world does not revolve around Palin corp I used to work for. I promise.

LOL! That’s EXACTLY what the mgr. I had wrote on an email after he offered his resignation.

ProudPalinFan on May 16, 2011 at 3:51 PM

What a hateful thing I just said! Shame shame shame on me the idiot!

petunia on May 16, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Come on petunia. Stand up, get away from the keyboard and shake it off. You know it’s time when you start talking to yourself.

alwaysfiredup on May 16, 2011 at 3:53 PM

We presently have a FLOTUS that’s just recently proud of her country, and passive-aggressively tries to undercut all of our rights to eat what we want to..
Does anyone really want a FLOTUS that’s totally unhappy to even be there, from day one ??
Not moi.

pambi on May 16, 2011 at 3:53 PM

LOL ^^^^ forgot to take out ‘passive-’ …. LOL

pambi on May 16, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I doubt Reagan doing that today would be able to be elected. And for good reason. Reagan’s prolife stance was a function on that law. He knew he made a terrible mistake. Mitt thinks he did a great job.

unseen on May 16, 2011 at 3:24 PM

You may be correct, so at least you admit that we Republicans wouldn’t have elected the best modern president in history.

Can we at least get some intellectual honesty from the Hot Air crowd and admit that Mitt “admitted” a terrible mistake for supporting abortion (he even vetoed deliberate creation of embryos for stem cell research and certainly never signed any liberalizing bills for abortion like Reagan did) That fact would wipe the flip flop label away that EVERYONE used last time around. Otherwise Reagan was also a flip flopper. But somehow I doubt we’ll get that honesty from here.

Also, the Mass legislature added all sorts of garbage to his bill and overrode his vetoes, which he said numerous times was a terrible mistake.

scotash on May 16, 2011 at 3:55 PM

karenhasfreedom on May 16, 2011 at 3:50 PM

I did not say she was guilty of anything. That is not really the point.

You all are so caught up in the details you can’t see straight.

Romney’s people will defend him in exactly the same way. Do you care? No your mind is made up, you don’t care what the circumstances are.

Only the most ardent supporters care about Palin’s story, they will credit her detractors as much as her defenders.

If she gets in you can bet all those same problems will be back and probably they have brand new ones they have been with.

I did not say she couldn’t overcome the vulnerabilty, just that it is one. A big one, on the same scale as Romneycare for Romney. And she needs to be extra careful not to add any fuel to the fire.

That is how it looks from the outside looking in.

petunia on May 16, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Why would that question even come up? If you are from PR, you are 100% Amaerican.
Of course there ar a lot of so-called know it alls here who do not know this. Jenfidel was whining about Romney’s ” Illegal alien” gardeners from PR.

katy the mean old lady on May 16, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Remember this famous video?

ProudPalinFan on May 16, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Nothing in politics happens by coincidence my friends.

And don’t insult my IQ that Huckabee and Trump got out because of the overwhelming charisma and clout of Tim Pawlenty, Mitch Daniels or even Mitt Romney.

There is only one person who both of them would leave the field for, and that person is Sarah Palin.

Mike Huckabee said it best months ago: “She could end up running away with the primary race and nobody will be able to stop her.”

technopeasant on May 16, 2011 at 3:59 PM

That is how it looks from the outside looking in.

petunia on May 16, 2011 at 3:56 PM

No , no one forced romneycare on him, he’s still proud of it.

You’re still a liar.

the_nile on May 16, 2011 at 4:00 PM

alwaysfiredup on May 16, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Well it is time to move to another subject…

But for the record… I am not against Palin… I am neutral to positive on her running… but there is so much PollyAnna talking, that the contrarian in me can’t resist.

petunia on May 16, 2011 at 4:00 PM

technopeasant on May 16, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Egos that big are not effected by what Palin does or doesn’t do.

They have their own considerations… I doubt either of them gave Palin a thought.

No , no one forced romneycare on him, he’s still proud of it.

You’re still a liar.

the_nile on May 16, 2011 at 4:00 PM

I didn’t say that the issues were exactly the same at all… but they are both huge issues that many people will not give the candidate the benefit of the doubt on.

Similar in magnitude… nothing else.

I am often wrong… but I very seldom tells lies. And I am rarely rude enough to call others liars when they are expressing an opinion.

Name calling is a sign of weak arguments.

petunia on May 16, 2011 at 4:05 PM

No , no one forced romneycare on him, he’s still proud of it.

You’re still a liar.

the_nile on May 16, 2011 at 4:00 PM

He was so proud of it, in fact, that he had it painted into his official portrait as Governor of Massachusetts.

steebo77 on May 16, 2011 at 4:05 PM

steebo77 on May 16, 2011 at 2:52 PM

I didn’t see my response but I found this which I hope helps us understand the mess happening there:

Like we say, any government-funded health care does not work. I dunno how much Fortuño changed it from the original one which was a mess; but like I wrote, all the time every day medical services, doctors, etc. services are always a mess. Nothing to do with socialism, nothing of what Beck said is true of the party I support. He should’ve pegged that on the opposite party which supports the status quo.

ProudPalinFan on May 16, 2011 at 4:06 PM

petunia on May 16, 2011 at 4:00 PM

I hope you do this service for all candidates…

the_nile on May 16, 2011 at 4:06 PM

petunia on May 16, 2011 at 4:00 PM

If that’s the case I’m gonna start talking all Pollyanna-like about Mittens, and you will be compelled, due to your contrarian nature, to swat me down. Or something.

steebo77 on May 16, 2011 at 4:07 PM

scotash on May 16, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Not at all. I submitt Reagan today would have never passed the abortion law. And thus would have still been elected. And he would never had passed the law today because the GOp party has learned the evils of abortion and the vast majority of the party has turned against abortion and one of the major reasons it turned against abortion was Reagan’s prolife stance which was a reaction to his signing that law.

Reagan signing the abortion law then would be like say Mitt signing the mandate law in now. The difference is Reagan understood he had made a major mistake. mitt doubled down on his mistake. There will never be a GOP POTUS able to be elected who has signed and supports a manadate. The country has moved.

Her eis what Mitt should have down with his flip flop on abortion. Instead of simply saying he was now pro-life. mitt should have proposed policies to attack the abortion industry, to roll back abortion law, attend in person pro-life events, given speeches on why he was pro-life and the beauty of life. Mitt did none of that. He motuhed the words but not the actions.

unseen on May 16, 2011 at 4:07 PM

ProudPalinFan on May 16, 2011 at 4:06 PM

True dat.

steebo77 on May 16, 2011 at 4:08 PM

I think he realized that he would not win the nomination. If he somehow did get the nom, he would beat Obama.

I am amazed we don’t have more people running yet, but I guess it is still really early and why jump in early and spend money for 18 months when you can jump in a little late and concentrate you money on the primaries for about 6-9 months.

I am still wondering if Palin will shock the world and say no she is not running.

jeffn21 on May 16, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Name calling is a sign of weak arguments.

petunia on May 16, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Pollyanna and me?

the_nile on May 16, 2011 at 4:14 PM

Never has a political figure been supported by the most noxious of children as Palin. I have no animosity towards her as a person, but her fans are so poorly mannered and spoken that it makes one wish for her to announce she isn’t running just to teach them a lesson in reason and humility.

And that lesson will be forthcoming when Palin doesn’t, in fact, run.

keep the change on May 16, 2011 at 4:19 PM

The Dukakis of Hollyweird has been vanquished by none other than Barry the Brave, or Barry Somethingorother.

Limerick on May 16, 2011 at 4:23 PM

And that lesson will be forthcoming when Palin doesn’t, in fact, run.

keep the change on May 16, 2011 at 4:19 PM

I will save this comment for posterity.

steebo77 on May 16, 2011 at 4:24 PM

And that lesson will be forthcoming when Palin doesn’t, in fact, run.

keep the change on May 16, 2011 at 4:19 PM

What luck we got you , our morally betters.

the_nile on May 16, 2011 at 4:25 PM

keep the change on May 16, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Except for Ron Paul fans, right?

Fallon on May 16, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Can we at least get some intellectual honesty from the Hot Air crowd

scotash on May 16, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Here is some intellectual honesty from the Hotair crowd: I was a Mitt supporter in 2008.

Here is some more: He may have had a chance if he had loudly proclaimed that Romneycare is an unmitigated disaster.

Kataklysmic on May 16, 2011 at 4:26 PM

I will save this comment for posterity.

steebo77 on May 16, 2011 at 4:24 PM

don’t bother he will say his little sister got a hold of his accoutn or something. liberals lie.

unseen on May 16, 2011 at 4:26 PM

The show’s over already? Aw. Now who’s going to go after the school records?

parteagirl on May 16, 2011 at 4:29 PM

pambi on May 16, 2011 at 3:53 PM

I, for one, do not give a tinker’s dam about whether the First Lady (or First Gentleman, for that matter) is happy in that position or not.

When all else fails, they can pull a Bess Truman, and head back to Independence (or Indianapolis, or SLC, or Anchorage). They have the best planes in the world at their disposal, so seeing their spouse really isn’t an issue.

JohnGalt23 on May 16, 2011 at 4:32 PM

technopeasant on May 16, 2011 at 3:41 PM

LOL…if that is the field Palin will simply run against Obama in the primaries.

unseen on May 16, 2011 at 3:44 PM

I think she would try to do that, anyway.

Gohawgs on May 16, 2011 at 4:38 PM

keep the change on May 16, 2011 at 4:19 PM

If you are at all capable of self-analysis, I assume you already realize that, by posting this comment, you have proven yourself to be the poorly mannered, noxious child of which you speak.

steebo77 on May 16, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Sarah Palin wins May HA GOP presidential straw poll:

PALIN 32.04%

CAIN 21.13%

RON PAUL 11.01%

DANIELS 8.71%

PAWLENTY 6.51%

Nobody else above 5%. You can check out the rest of poll yourself in the greenroom.

technopeasant on May 16, 2011 at 4:49 PM

CNN’s poll has Palin SECOND to Romney. Wolf Blitzer dismissed Palin immediately said she’s not gonna run because she’s a TV personality now-”Huckabee’s not running because he’s a TV personality, Trump’s not running because he’s a TV personality, so Palin’s not gonna run” then threw the “demotion” bone out there as a downgrade “because she’s making a LOT of money, lots of money” (looked immediately at the camera with an OH SH!T I sure hope so! face it was priceless, HAHAHAHA!!)

I hollered back at the TV “You’re SO gonna eat a crow, I’ll get the crows myself!”

ProudPalinFan on May 16, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Hardest hit — Charles Krauthammer?

Nope. Hardest hit is the MSM.
Lance Murdock on May 16, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Nope. Hardest hit . . . Meghan McCain.

Trochilus on May 16, 2011 at 5:23 PM

ProudPalinFan on May 16, 2011 at 5:19 PM

what was the % in the polls? did Palin pick up most of Huck’s support?

unseen on May 16, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Where am I? Is this huffpo? No wait! This is dailykos, isn’t it? Seriously, where am I? This is Oz, isn’t it?

Cheshire Cat on May 16, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Hardest hit — Charles Krauthammer?

Krauthammer? You must be kidding? The guy who is so fond of ad hominem? Oh wait! You have an even greater fondness for that than he does. You really should read Michelle Malkin’s words about those who use so much ad hominem sometime.

Krauthammer has become utterly useless. http://jewishworldreview.com/0511/ahlert.php3

HalJordan on May 16, 2011 at 5:51 PM

ProudPalinFan on May 16, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Ohh , the pain he must have felt.

the_nile on May 16, 2011 at 5:52 PM

steebo77 on May 16, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Romneycare is a big deal.

The thing is nobody defends Romney… I think he actually did some good with that speech, but it is likely too late. I hope who ever is the candidate will pick up on his plan to get Obamacare gone as fast as they can with Obama’s own waiver program. That was an excellent idea. But no one even would listen to him at this point so Romney is likely done.

It’s a long time to Iowa… anything could happen.

If Romney ends up as the nominee, a lot more people here will have to eat their words than the few who have dared to question Palin. Or they will vote third party or for Obama. I don’t see anyone at all who says that about Palin.

The difference is, nobody keeps score for anyone but Palin. I can not even imagine worrying about who said bad stuff about Romney, or Pawlenty,or Daniels… let alone keeping people’s comments for months! That is just nuts.

It takes a cultist to do that, not a mere political supporter.

petunia on May 16, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Trump’s name is mud forever. He deceived me but he mostly made a fool out of himself and that may not be good for his business.
Fool me once.
Plus he has created a detractor who will remember this stunt for life.
It’s not good to play with the presidency especially at this awful time for our country.
Someone should beat Trump’s rump.

Sherman1864 on May 16, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Herman Cain will win the nomination and Lt Col Allen West will be his running mate. Palin will take a very high level position in Cain’s cabinet and will likely proceed to abolish the EPA and the DOE.

………..

We’d be better served if we did not gnash the teeth over the truth.

Key West Reader on May 16, 2011 at 6:01 PM

If Mitt Romney is reading this?

Dear Mitt:

We don’t nominate previous losers.

Save your money.

America

Key West Reader on May 16, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Dear Mitt:

We don’t nominate previous losers.

Save your money.

America

Key West Reader on May 16, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Oh, my bad. We nominated McCain and we ALL KNOW HOW THAT WORKED OUT.

Step aside, Mitt, or whatever your real name is. Bleh.

Key West Reader on May 16, 2011 at 6:07 PM

what was the % in the polls? did Palin pick up most of Huck’s support?

unseen on May 16, 2011 at 5:29 PM

I looked quickly on CNN can’t find the polls now (mom duty) I will give it another shot.

Romney
Palin
Gingrich
Paul
Cain

The separation between Palin and Gingrich was what caught my eye, about 4 or 5%.

ProudPalinFan on May 16, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Found the transcript, got numbers mixed up but it’s good read anyways-PALIN SECOND…

Read below:

With Trump out of the running and 2012 getting closer, look for the GOP presidential race to get more serious.

Let’s bring in our senior political analyst, Gloria Borger — Gloria, why do you decide — why did he decide not to run?

GLORIA BORGER, CNN SENIOR POLITICAL ANALYST: Well, one of the reasons is because he actually wasn’t going to win the presidency nor was he going to win the Republican nomination. I mean I talked to people who saw his internal polling. And his internal polling really started going south, Wolf, after this whole birther issue, when the president came out, showed his birth certificate. And it seems to me, the more people saw of Donald Trump as a presidential candidate, they — the less they decided they wanted him to be president. In our recent poll, 6 — he had a 64 percent unfavorable rating. That’s pretty hard if you actually are going to win a nomination for the presidency, much less the presidency.

And I spoke with one Republican today who said, let’s just chalk this up as one of the more bizarre vignettes in American political history. I think we can say it is.

BLITZER: He did get some traction, though, in those polls when he asked likely Republican voters…

BORGER: Well, he did….

BLITZER: — who they liked for the nomination.

BORGER: Right. And — and that really tells you what kind of a vacuum there is in the — in the Republican field. He appealed immediately to a constituency in the Republican Party that does not like Barack Obama. With the birther issue, he had that ready made constituency. And — but Republicans started to get worried, Wolf, that the more traction he got, the more he was hijacking the conversation. And it made the Republican Party seem like it was very much out of the mainstream.

And so there were lots of sighs of relief, actually, when he announced that he wasn’t going to run. And, by the way, most Republicans I spoke with always assumed this was about ratings, this was about money, this wasn’t about the coming presidential election…

BLITZER: Because he made noises…

BORGER: (INAUDIBLE)…

BLITZER: — earlier — in earlier years, about running and then he decided not to run, either.

BORGER: Right.

BLITZER: So what will be the imp[act of Trump’s decision not to run on the GOP field?

BORGER: Well, what’s interesting to me, Wolf, is that there’s less of an impact in Trump’s not running than there is in Mike Huckabee’s not running. When Mike Huckabee announced Saturday night that he wasn’t going to run, you heard from Republican candidates praising him, because he actually has a constituency that they want to grab, particularly in Iowa, which has a lot of Evangelical Christians.

But take a look at this poll. We asked Republicans what their choice for the nominee is, with Trump and Huckabee gone, and you’ll see, Mitt Romney is now at top. Palin second with 17 percent. Newt Gingrich third with 13 percent. We don’t know what Sarah Palin is going to do.
BLITZER: Well, I… BORGER: I wager she’s not going to run…

BLITZER: I don’t think she’s going to run…

BORGER: Right.

BLITZER: — because she’s a big TV star. Trump is a TV star. Huckabee is a TV star. And you’ve got that money, that income coming in, they like it. Thanks no doubt about that.

BORGER: Well, and one would argue, Trump is making more money as a result of this.

BLITZER: Oh, Trump is making a ton of money on this.

BORGER: Yes.

BLITZER: Thank you very much.

ProudPalinFan on May 16, 2011 at 7:13 PM

ProudPalinFan on May 16, 2011 at 7:13 PM

thx

unseen on May 16, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Cheshire Cat on May 16, 2011 at 5:45 PM

This is called ‘reality’. Those of us that have lived here for awhile have figured out some things about it; like the fact that one should stay away from tinfoil-hat conspiracies.

Uncle Sams Nephew on May 16, 2011 at 8:09 PM

So it’s the old I’d totally win if I cared enough to compete explanation, eh? That’s not what the latest polls showed.

Unfortunate timing. If only he had made the announcement before he tumbled in the polls…..

/crocodile tears

tom on May 16, 2011 at 8:48 PM

What a hateful thing I just said! Shame shame shame on me the idiot!

petunia on May 16, 2011 at 3:48 PM

OK.

davidk on May 16, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Pollyanna and me?

the_nile on May 16, 2011 at 4:14 PM

I said, “Pollyanna talk”… you are not the loveable, sweet, Pollyanna. Feel better?

petunia on May 16, 2011 at 10:17 PM

There was some good come from Trump’s clown act.

Trump forced Obama to play his ace card sooner than he would have otherwise liked. In doing so, the birther fantasy of Obama being declared ineligible has been vanquished with a hard dose of reality.

So it’s the old I’d totally win if I cared enough to compete explanation, eh?

Yeah, Trump is a chump. Who could have known?

rukiddingme on May 16, 2011 at 11:10 PM