Video: LSU crowd throws water balloons at would-be flag burner

posted at 7:23 pm on May 13, 2011 by Allahpundit

He wanted to burn the flag in the name of “due process for students and suspected terrorists alike,” but either he thought better of it or, per the second clip below, he couldn’t get a safety permit from the school. So he came out to make a statement instead — and a huge crowd came out to shout him down. At first it’s simply chants of “USA,” but then it turns more aggressive; before long this guy’s being hit with water balloons, to laughs and cheers from the crowd, and by 2:42 the cops are sufficiently worried about the vibe that they have to pull him out of there for his own safety. You can see the fear in his face, too. It’s really unpleasant to watch. Why this is considered a free-speech triumph by some of the people who sent us the link, I have no idea. It’s the heckler’s veto in action. Had the shoe been on the other foot politically — and it has been, as the boss emeritus can attest from attempts to intimidate her during her public speaking engagements — it would be the blogospheric scandal du jour.

Two clips, one from the protest and the second of LSU’s student body president, who makes a point of saying that he regrets that things were thrown at the protester.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

Shave your face and get a haircut, you sniveling little dweeb of a male.

Jeddite on May 13, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Chanting USA is fine, water balloons are over the line.

rbj on May 13, 2011 at 7:26 PM

I didn’t like seeing a jackass throw pies at Ann Coulter or shut down speaking engagements of conservative folks and I do not approve of this.

dogsoldier on May 13, 2011 at 7:26 PM

I’ll say it, I don’t give a rat’s patudy about his free speech ‘rights’ in burning what glory has sewn.

There is an available large condo in Pak for him.

Limerick on May 13, 2011 at 7:28 PM

He should have done this in NYC or SF; they would have considered him a “brave hero” instead of the sniveling coward he really is.

rmgraha on May 13, 2011 at 7:29 PM

is that dudes hair matted? eww. Either way, homeboy in uniform can get in big trouble for wearing a uniform to a political rally.

ted c on May 13, 2011 at 7:29 PM

the south shall rise a’gin…

just kiddin’

ted c on May 13, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Well, it was a tiny bit pleasant. This is a very emotionally charged issue and the fact is that hippie dude could have demonstrated his concerns in other ways — perhaps a thoughtful editorial in the local paper. His goal was to incite peoples’ emotions and he succeeded. Unfortunately for him, he succeeded better than he had planned.

cynccook on May 13, 2011 at 7:30 PM

The crowd should not have thrown things at him but this guy is a royal douche, trying to draw attention to himself.
Proves the old saying true: just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should.

Captain Kirock on May 13, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Why? Everyone else has the right to express themselves on public land. Why shouldn’t he?

If I go down to the local public square to read some sort of statement on atheism, say, and the cops have to intervene for fear that I might be attacked by the crowd, is that my fault for not publishing an editorial instead?

Allahpundit on May 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM

And since this is the exception, and not the rule, to conservative politics and behavior, I have one word:

Schadenfreude

For years I’ve been so sick of leftist tactics it’s slightly refreshing to see their behavior turned back on them.

englishqueen01 on May 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM

In Soviet Russia, moat falls on you.

faraway on May 13, 2011 at 7:34 PM

cynccook on May 13, 2011 at 7:30 PM

There it is. Action/consequence. Tuff turds to him.

Limerick on May 13, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Yeah, scary and wrong I guess…I’m trying to care, but I just can’t. He should just go to Berkeley where he’s can dance among the burning flags with his Che shirt on…Marxist twit.

ronsfi on May 13, 2011 at 7:36 PM

So waterboarding works.

SouthernGent on May 13, 2011 at 7:37 PM

As a libertarian, I’m in favor of his right to burn the flag legally in public. But I am also in favor of fellow citizens responding with their own counter-demonstrations. Remember, the whole point of burning a flag in public is to incite the public. Otherwise, why do it as a public display? As a flag burner, you are trying to get a reaction. Therefore, it is only fair that the reaction be forthcoming.

keep the change on May 13, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Breaking:

LSU loses accreditation; federal school loan program in jeopardy

Breaking: LSU assets seized by FBI in “Anti-terrorist Act”

Breaking: DoT funding for Louisiana on hold for errors in application for federal highway funds.

etc…….

BobMbx on May 13, 2011 at 7:38 PM

What if we just exchange the flag for a Koran…?

ronsfi on May 13, 2011 at 7:38 PM

A water balloon barrage would have been hilarious if he really did light a flag, but just throwing it at him wasn’t right, though I can understand the irresistible urge to do so.

As far as the chanting goes, it was a public place and he can he just learn to deal with it. People who came there to hear what the guy said can think and say that the chanters are obnoxious, and that is their right to do so also.

pedestrian on May 13, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Allahpundit on May 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM

So at precisely what point does it become incitement? I’m not asking that because I know; I honestly don’t. I’m asking that because it’s a good question in an instance like this. A right to speak doesn’t mean a right to an audience, or even a right to be free of hostilities.

gryphon202 on May 13, 2011 at 7:39 PM

So waterboarding works.

SouthernGent on May 13, 2011 at 7:37 PM

SouthernGent:Yes,thats the angle I was thinking,because,
Water-Ballooning leads to Water-Boarding,er,
wait,thats loony talk,haha!:)

canopfor on May 13, 2011 at 7:40 PM

AP—-One small diff. The boss Michelle and Ann Coulter do not go out of their way to start trouble. They go to forums, attempt to speak and are threatened etc. I knew before I even saw this turd’s pic. this weekend what he would look like. The left has started this stuff and we are just supposed to take it?
How come nobody ever burns a Palestinian flag?

arnold ziffel on May 13, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Let him burn the flag. He has the right to do it. But the crowd should have surrounded and then turn their backs to him so he has no audience instead of chanting and throwing water balloons. This crowd proved to be no better than the left that attack tea partiers.

mizflame98 on May 13, 2011 at 7:41 PM

I found a photo of the balloons

faraway on May 13, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Allahpundit on May 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM

If I want to burn Korans for fun……

If I want to see photos of a dead guy………

BobMbx on May 13, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Really?

repvoter on May 13, 2011 at 7:41 PM

I guess our 1st out did his 1st! Thanks to all there at LSU.
L

letget on May 13, 2011 at 7:42 PM

I know what you are saying, but my sympathy meter is at zero. Sorry, but that’s just the way I am.

AUINSC on May 13, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I love it!

WhatsRight on May 13, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Allahpundit on May 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Even as I typed that I knew you wouldn’t like it. C’mon, Allah, the guy decides burn a United States flag at LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY? I’m the last person to advocate for the curtailment of free speech, but doesn’t common sense enter into it at all? Would you choose to stand outside the doors of your local mosque to deliver your diatribe against the evils of theism? Consider, too, the motives of this individual. Are you aware of the back story at play here?

Initially, communication studies graduate student, Ben Haas organized a protest about the arrest of Isaac Eslava, an LSU student who turned himself in last Thursday after he allegedly burned a flag that hung over a campus war memorial the night that Osama Bin Laden died. Haas was planning on peacefully burning a flag in support of Eslava.

Yes, by all means, LSU student, make it appear that you are opposing the U.S. raid against OBL and attempt to burn a second flag. Excellent.

cynccook on May 13, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I always think that someone burning an American flag should be treated to display of a Soviet, Cuban, Palestinian, and peace sign flag being burned.

Sekhmet on May 13, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Sometimes others have an opposing point of view. Live with it.

GarandFan on May 13, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Agreed. Free speech rights for everyone,which we really dont have anyway and these sorts of incidents on all political sides contribute to that loss.

canditaylor68 on May 13, 2011 at 7:45 PM

So,

After OBL,is snuffed out,and all of a sudden,its now patriotic,to wrap oneself in the flag,and flag-burning
is no longer in vogue in the Lefty WorldView!

It must be the new Progressive Paradigm in time for
Re-Elect Barack 2012!!

Just wait till Team GOP are back in the WH,whats old will
be new again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on May 13, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Allahpundit on May 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM

I understand your point AP, but I disagree.
I do not unconditionally worship at the altar of free speech. Some things (like burning flags, burning Bibles, or burning Korans) are only done in a public setting to incite others. It’s seems silly for the offender to later complain about the reaction he got.

Captain Kirock on May 13, 2011 at 7:46 PM

ok fine, it is the heckler’s veto, yeah, we get it. But it is a man bites dog story. That is always interesting. And, please, wake me up when the ratio of right v. left heckler’s veto get near to 95 to 5 favoring the left.

r keller on May 13, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I think the issue many here are taking is the blatant and unapologetic double-standard.

Burn the colors and you may get some water balloons lobbed at you.

Burn the koran and you’ll get your throat cut.

We on the right – as a generality – oppose physical force answering free speech. Those on the left – as a generality – celebrate physical force answering free speech, and in some cases (like the koran example) remind the burner that it’s his fault those crazy Muslims beheaded him.

Troika37 on May 13, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Wasn’t this in support of another person who had stolen and burned a flag? Too bad this wasn’t in Germany… he could be charged with approving of a crime.

malclave on May 13, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I didn’t like this kind of activity in the Madison unpleasantness earlier this year and I don’t like it at LSU. IMO, a mob is a mob no matter whether it is advocating conservative or liberal points of view..

vnjagvet on May 13, 2011 at 7:48 PM

dogsoldier on May 13, 2011 at 7:26 PM

I fully agree. Make the crowd a bunch of gay marriage supporters and the protester a Christian making a statement, and it would be appalling. So is this.

MadisonConservative on May 13, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I don’t care… I know I should theoretically.

I guess I am wondering if we are allowed to be for our side? This guy supports the other side though I am sure he would claim otherwise. We win, they lose. Is that so wrong?

I know we are supposed to pretend they are just exercising their rights but haven’t we seen enough in the last 50 years to acknowledge that they do not fundamentally believe in western freedoms or patriotism. Not sure about this one.

sharrukin on May 13, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Defending the flag so many have died and sacrificed to defend may well be along the lines of community involvement, in defense of themselves and those who sacrificed.

Who has more right protest? Who has more right to defend?

You can call it a mob, but then it was a mob that stood up to the British.

Speakup on May 13, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Ann Coulter and the Boss Emeritus don’t go to Universities to burn flags. This guy has a right to be an idiot, and the right to accept the consequences. Flag burning is seriously offensive. I wouldn’t go to a corner in Detroit and shout racial slurs and then complain about free speech rights after I get my butt kicked or worse. There’s a huge difference between giving a rational argument in a speech and flag burning in the common area at school.

devil dog on May 13, 2011 at 7:48 PM

and btw, I did feel bad for the guy when it turned out that he had no intention to burn the flag…just a twerp getting some tv face time.

r keller on May 13, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Captain Kirock on May 13, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Wow. Way to miss the entire point of the first amendment.

MadisonConservative on May 13, 2011 at 7:49 PM

malclave on May 13, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Yeah, this douche was supporting another student who burned the school flag & the American flag upon hearing OBL had been killed.

tetriskid on May 13, 2011 at 7:49 PM

To approve of this guy being attacked is the same as approving of Madison residents throwing water balloons at me for open carrying in this liberal metropolis.

MadisonConservative on May 13, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Allahpundit on May 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM

As long as no muslims are present to take offense, I think you’re legally in the clear.

malclave on May 13, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Freedom of speech and of expression are in place precisely to protect unpopular speech and expression. Burning the US flag, I find to be disgusting. The complete irony of being able to do so in this nation, and not some others, is totally lost on these hippie-wannabes.

But it seems our duty to protect that flag…and if someone threatens to destroy it, the rest of us should intervene.

I know…it’s kinda a catch 22.

JetBoy on May 13, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Cody Wells 2032!

txag92 on May 13, 2011 at 7:51 PM

only done in a public setting to

incite others

It’s seems silly for the offender to later complain about the reaction he got.

Captain Kirock on May 13, 2011 at 7:46 PM
-sorry— ALL POLITICAL/FREE SPEECH INCITES OTHERS.

canditaylor68 on May 13, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Those water balloons are against the rules according to the United Nations Accords.

I demand a trial before the Tribunal UN Court of Clowns.

portlandon on May 13, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Wow. Way to miss the entire point of the first amendment.

MadisonConservative on May 13, 2011 at 7:49 PM

He had every right to be out their supporting his friend who burned the school & American flag when he heard OBL was killed.

But the other students had the right to shout him down.

This kid is just like a Westboro Baptist nutball.

tetriskid on May 13, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Heres the arrest video,Le Frog March!
========================================

Police Arrest Leftwing Nut Liberal US Flag Burner – Frogmarch Him in Cuffs From Campus
**********************************

canopfor on May 11, 2011 at 11:33 PM

canopfor on May 13, 2011 at 7:53 PM

forgot to add —-thats why we have the right of freedom of speech.

canditaylor68 on May 13, 2011 at 7:53 PM

No throwing things please.

Sherman1864 on May 13, 2011 at 7:53 PM

malclave on May 13, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Nah, he’d only get charged if he was happy that a terrorist was killed.

mizflame98 on May 13, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Let’s just say it will incite muslims to violence and place our troops in danger. That way nobody will question outlawing flag burning.

John Deaux on May 13, 2011 at 7:53 PM

That was 35 years ago and it seemed little had changed, but maybe having a communist in the White House has finally woke more people up.

Pole-Cat on May 13, 2011 at 7:54 PM

But the other students had the right to shout him down.

This kid is just like a Westboro Baptist nutball.

tetriskid on May 13, 2011 at 7:52 PM

True but the others students had no right to toss garbage, water bottles or balloons at him.

canditaylor68 on May 13, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Allahpundit on May 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM

So can I take your lack of reply to mean that you concede the point or is my argument so weak that you can only adequately demonstrate your contempt for it by ignoring it?

cynccook on May 13, 2011 at 7:55 PM

It doesn’t help that the guy looks like a 30 year old super senior (or, possibly, a women’s studies doctoral candidate, lol).

Fallon on May 13, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Wow. Way to miss the entire point of the first amendment.

MadisonConservative on May 13, 2011 at 7:49 PM

You do know that freedom of speech is not an absolute right, right? It, like everything else, is tempered by some common sense.

Captain Kirock on May 13, 2011 at 7:56 PM

I don’t like shouting people down, but I would give him a taste of seeing something he likes being burned in front of him.

Sekhmet on May 13, 2011 at 7:56 PM

On principle I agree that things shouldn’t be thrown at the guy, but, honestly, I can’t really muster up anything besides indifference toward this.

Emily M. on May 13, 2011 at 7:56 PM

This guy has the right to give his speech and burn the flag and suffer the consequences of an angry mob.

The water balloon throwers have the right to throw them and suffer the consequences through the criminal justice system.

I don’t see what the problem here is. Both chose to do something. Both suffered consequences.

portlandon on May 13, 2011 at 7:57 PM

I know…it’s kinda a catch 22.

JetBoy on May 13, 2011 at 7:51 PM

It’s not really a catch 22. I wouldn’t let him go out there and insult my mother. I’d punch him right in the mouth, even though it’s his first amendment right. I find burning the flag that insulting. And likewise, I’d punch him in his mouth. He can burn the flag whenever and wherever he wants, he should just fully expect to get his butt kicked. Burn the flag, accept the consequences.

devil dog on May 13, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Are we sure they just didn’t think he was unfurling an Ole Miss flag?

greggriffith on May 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Using AP’s logic, I’m supposed to sit sheepishly quiet should I hear someone hurling racial epithets at someone.

John Deaux on May 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM

I know…it’s kinda a catch 22.

JetBoy on May 13, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Better to ardently protect what the flag represents. No catch 22 at all.

Voltaire said it best. Ironic that, considering what will happen to one in France for saying something they decide is out of line.

dogsoldier on May 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM

John Deaux on May 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Shouldn’t we scold such people?

dogsoldier on May 13, 2011 at 8:00 PM

AllahPundit makes some good points, but I can’t hide my gleeeeeeee in watching this Communo-Tool try to keep his composure.

It’s the oppositions free speech to come and chant USA.

blatantblue on May 13, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Chanting USA is fine, water balloons are over the line.

rbj on May 13, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Water balloons? Get real. I’m damn prod of those students. That is their free speech.

katy the mean old lady on May 13, 2011 at 8:02 PM

John Deaux on May 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM

That is a nice quality of straw! Awesome. Very thick. Kind of dry and flammable though. You should watch that.

apollyonbob on May 13, 2011 at 8:02 PM

I almost felt bad for him when you could see the fear in his face. But then I remembered that he wanted to burn a flag in support of students rights and terrorists(what?).

If we have learned anything from the left, it’s that throwing stuff at people we disagree with is one of the highest forms of dissent. AP doesn’t agree, and that’s fine. It’s not like he’s going to throw water balloons at me or anything.

kvader on May 13, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Er, proud.

katy the mean old lady on May 13, 2011 at 8:02 PM

The reason you don’t get this is that you have no concept of Honor and Country. You are a limp wristed ideologue who has no
concept of what the flag stands for. Those brave men who came before us and died for that flag, and those brave soldiers who stand for us today, ready to give their lives, deserve better than you and this ‘educator’ deciding what can be done with our flag. A real man would have attempted to burn it if he had the courage of his convictions, like those who were letting their convictions be known. Put on a skirt and some lipstick and go write for the Kos you anti-American creep.

frizzbee on May 13, 2011 at 8:03 PM

JetBoy on May 13, 2011 at 7:51 PM

In this case though, remember, he wasn’t burning a flag. He was reading a statement.

apollyonbob on May 13, 2011 at 8:03 PM

If he was just shooting his mouth off, I would object. But since he was starting fires, water ballooning him is public safety measure.

Blake on May 13, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Am I the only one shocked by the sheer number of young people taking part in the anti-flag burner demonstration?

amerpundit on May 13, 2011 at 8:04 PM

keep the change on May 13, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Yeah but clearly, he underestimate the public reaction or his lack of revolutionary support. So I am fund myself oddly troubled. I support his right to protest but I am unimpressed by the sudden aerial water delivery. :)

El Coqui on May 13, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Lol.

I approve of water ballooning as an appropriate response.

Then again, I’m not an effeminate and I think act’s of material “Physical Disobedience” could solve a lot of our problems. Well, that’s what history has shown us.

MadDogF on May 13, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Better to ardently protect what the flag represents. No catch 22 at all.

dogsoldier on May 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Thank you.

katy the mean old lady on May 13, 2011 at 8:04 PM

amerpundit on May 13, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Nope. Pleasantly shocked in my case.

sharrukin on May 13, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Bullies. Bullies. Bullies.

KMC1 on May 13, 2011 at 8:05 PM

From Lousisana Tech University Students Online.
================================================

Flag burning causes LSU to become fired up
HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW
Updated: Thursday, May 5, 2011 18:05
*************************************

As I drove my car through University Crossing Monday morning, I noticed an American flag hung with pride over a resident’s balcony.

This site unleashed the same strong emotions that I’d felt hours before when the breaking news of Osama bin Laden’s death spread across the Internet and interrupted TV stations.

I’d felt a sense of unity as a country and community as I made my way across campus to find a flag draped proudly around our Lady of the Mist.

This historical moment for our country was later tainted for me when I read of a flag burning that occurred Monday morning on LSU’s campus.

According to a KTBS news article, the American flag that normally flies over LSU’s Memorial Tower was taken down and burned early Monday, just hours after President Obama announced Osama bin Laden had been killed. An LSU flag was also taken from the flagpole but not burned.

What disappoints me is that even during this proud moment for our nation, ignorance and disrespect cannot be eliminated from society.

I promote free speech, whether it is verbal, non-verbal, visual or symbolic. What I don’t promote is stupidity.

Whoever decided that burning a flag the morning after the most-wanted terrorist in the world was captured and killed did not think it through.

The only thing I hope for is that this cowardly act was not done to incite violence.

I hope the person who did this realizes that committing the crimes of theft and vandalism does not constitute as free speech.

If a person wishes to prove a point through free speech, he should have the guts to do it in front of someone.

Whoever thinks that cutting down a flag at night, burning it and running from the scene shows anything about freedom is absolutely wrong.

This senseless act left sadness and unanswered questions among LSU students as they gathered for a vigil at noon that day.

How can someone do this during such a remarkable time? Why would someone be so disrespectful?

During a memorable moment that promotes peace and justice within our homeland, there is still negativity that remains close to home.

Officials are unsure if the flag burning is related to bin Laden’s death. Considering the action was done just hours after the world was informed of his death, it is hard to believe the flag burning is not related.

Whether this was an act of violence or a just a drunken students way of getting attention, it was uncalled for.

To me it must be utterly embarrassing for any school to have to deal with students who have ruined such a phenomenal time for this country.

According to the LSU Facebook page, LSU’s ROTC cadets are guarding the site and have placed official colors at the base of the War Memorial.

At 8 p.m. Monday night the flagpole was repaired and once again red, white and blue radiated the Baton Rouge sky.

Despite this slight disruption, others continued to gather and support America during this time of celebration and relief.

Whether America is actually safer after bin Laden’s death will remain a mystery; what matters is that after 10 years of fear, you can actually sense a brotherhood among our nation’s citizens.

Any type of hate, threat or violence will not ruin or take away this moment.

canopfor on May 13, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Don’t worry, Allahpundit, I’d take a water balloon for ya.

Blake on May 13, 2011 at 8:05 PM

The first amendment is there to protect the citizen’s right to freedom of expression from the heavy hand of the state. It is not there to protect the voicing of opinion in the public square between citizens. What happens between citizens is government under criminal law.

keep the change on May 13, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Nope. Pleasantly shocked in my case.

sharrukin on May 13, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Well, it is LSU, after all.

cynccook on May 13, 2011 at 8:06 PM

The interview with the student body president made me sigh in sad frustration. “We need to make sure that the majority voice always wins in our democracy…”

My god what kind of statement is that? Oh my god! And this, if I heard the video correctly and wasn’t too stunned into numbness by the extreme stupidity on display, is the student body president at LSU?
1). Not a “democracy.” Say it with me please because it’s important… Constitutional Republic
2). the reason our founder avoided a pure democracy in favor of a constitutional republic is precisely because the majority is often flawed. The minority deserve and need a voice because they are exactly that, a minority.

These videos make me very sad. Our nation needs a serious lesson in American History or else we are in deep trouble. I hate everybody who treated that dirty hippy the way they did for the singular reason that it distorts what it means to be a conservative. Just a bunch of complete A-holes.

Zetterson on May 13, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Throwing garbage and water balloons is not out of bounds. Lopping off his head or stapling a fatwa to his chest with a six inch knife is out of bounds.

Pole-Cat on May 13, 2011 at 8:06 PM

It was not right to hit him with anything.

scotash on May 13, 2011 at 8:07 PM

If he was actually lighting fire to a US flag, it would be the fuel-filled balloons he would have to worry about, not the water balloons.

Timothy S. Carlson on May 13, 2011 at 8:08 PM

I could have sworn that I heard someone yelling “Stop dolphin rape!”

equanimous on May 13, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Pole-Cat on May 13, 2011 at 8:06 PM

So where does the evil “panties on head” treatment land? Now that I’ve asked that, I’ll some guidance on:

1) Pull my finger
2) Shaving cream in palm, tickle face
3) Do you have Prince Albert in a can?

Now, these are classics but I’m not sure if they’re still considered “pranks” or have matured into full blown torture.

Any input would be welcome.

BobMbx on May 13, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I’m not going to shed any tears for this sniveling douchebag hippie. If this had been on a campus close to San Fran or NYC, it would have been a completely different vibe. But, this was the south and when you see some limp wrist weasel threatening to burn a flag that better men and women have fought and died for, you have to expect push back. It actually restored my faith in our young Americans and showed the silent majority is no longer silent. Boo hoo for the water bottled hippie.
But don’t worry. The little hippie probably got a free ride to the local Rite Aid where he bought a bag of cheetos and a fresh bottle of lotion before returning to his mom’s basement.

HornetSting on May 13, 2011 at 8:11 PM

As a former hippie, I protest our former peace-love-trippy movement being ascribed to this guy. He looks more like an engineering student than a hippie.

swede7 on May 13, 2011 at 8:11 PM

I don’t condone this, but I find it amusing how LSU find burning our flag intolerable, while the chumps at Colombia find military recruiters and ROTC intolerable. Which school do you bet produces more productive Americans in the end, the liberal cynical Northeast Ivy League private school, or the Southern State school?

Daemonocracy on May 13, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Wow. Way to miss the entire point of the first amendment.

MadisonConservative on May 13, 2011 at 7:49 PM

No. It is called inciting a riot.

katy the mean old lady on May 13, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Well, it is LSU, after all.

cynccook on May 13, 2011 at 8:06 PM

True, but it is still a university. I guess the leftists haven’t captured them all.

sharrukin on May 13, 2011 at 8:11 PM