Quotes of the day

posted at 10:39 pm on May 13, 2011 by Allahpundit

“I can’t imagine voting for him.

“But Daniels’s presence would improve the 2012 campaign. He’d make Barack Obama a better candidate…

“He is the un-Trump — indeed, the un-Newt. Bluster and bravado are not words that come to mind when you meet Daniels. Short and balding, he has the air of an accountant at a midsized manufacturing firm…

“[C]andidate Daniels would press President Obama to sharpen his focus on getting the debt under control, and to spell out more clearly how that will be accomplished. He would be an especially worthy opponent — even if I flinch at the thought that he might succeed.”

***
“Now, the reason for this is people in Indiana are very much aware that she does not like politics. She just doesn’t like it, and she has said publicly that she has no desire to be first lady or to do any of the things that that job requires. That’s why people were paying attention last night. In fact, I’ll tell you a little secret. In the past six months, I have met with two or three Republican presidential candidates — some who had not announced at the time, some who had — and I asked them all about Mitch Daniels. All of them (and I’m talking maybe three or four) without exception said, “He’s not gonna run. Wife hates it. Wife hates politics. We’re not worried about Mitch Daniels. All this talk with Daniels? At the end of it, Rush, Daniels isn’t running. Wife won’t let him. Wife doesn’t like it, doesn’t like politics, doesn’t like the campaign trail, doesn’t want any part of it.

“‘I said, ‘Are you sure? Why is he acting like he’s acting? Why flirt with this if it’s so a fait accompli?’

“‘I don’t know, Rush. He’s not running.’”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Daniels is polling so low..Why are the Palinista’s worried..Sarah Palin will surely beat Mitch Daniels!?!..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Open primaries. Great fun when Democrats get to choose who the GOP runs.

sharrukin on May 14, 2011 at 12:12 AM

I don’t think Palin is polling high enough among Republicans right now to win. It is not just about open primaries.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:15 AM

canopfor on May 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Good to see you!..Have you been to the Hotty Totty site Lately?..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Well then I guess we should just run everyone down!?!..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Why not? If it’s good for Palin, it’s good for everybody, Goose, gander.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:15 AM

I agree!..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:17 AM

sharrukin on May 14, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Remember the 11th hour release of W getting pulled over on suspicion of DUI? I’m glad they failed at that little trick. I think given the time and the circumstances, people can discern a mistake from a character flaw. I think that even though Republicans are more interested in morals, they are also quicker to forgive when lessons are learned.

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:15 AM

She leads among Republicans in favorability. Daniels is in the low 20s.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Most of the people you like can’t win like that lady from AK and Michelle…

so I don’t seem to understand if you really want a candidate that can actually win in the general election.

TimeTraveler on May 14, 2011 at 12:17 AM

he doesn’t seem to have the capability of bringing an A-game fight to an encounter with ObaMao. I see him wilting under the dirty snarks and media blitz supporting the O camp. He will concede in a gentlemanly way to the unfounded racism attacks, and his passiveness will be viewed as the charges having merit. He simply does not appear to have passion.

onlineanalyst on May 14, 2011 at 12:08 AM

This.

No matter what else you say about someone like Palin, she’s been taking the arrows for almost 3 years now and is giving back as good as she is taking. She has been under attack since the time she was selected for VP, enduring weekly frivolous ethics charges, attacks against her family and universal derision by the left. She has passion and is dynamic.

Yeah, but she’s unelectable while Mitch Daniels fills Obama with fear as a “formidable candidate”.

AZfederalist on May 14, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Sooo….

Puppet for conservative talk radio: bad
Puppet for Bushies: good

I think I’ve got it.

Kataklysmic on May 14, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Well I can tell you one thing, you could say you did not watch Cavuto or Varney and he would not make a federal case out of it and act as if there was something wrong with you.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:18 AM

.Have you been to the Hotty Totty site Lately?..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Explain please!!!

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Why not? If it’s good for Palin, it’s good for everybody, Goose, gander.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I have no problem with that..Why should the Palinistas be worried about Daniels?..He is so far back in the polls!?!..Daniels should be no problem..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Anyone who wants to elect the unelectable is more worried about personalities than beating the socialist in the white house.

TimeTraveler on May 14, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:15 AM

She leads among Republicans in favorability. Daniels is in the low 20s.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:17 AM

She is coming in three with Republicans. Her negatives are too high..and yes she is more well known and better liked than Daniels. I never said otherwise. In fact, I would be greatly surprised if Daniels could win. I only said I thought he was good at his job. And it is a shame that people are trying to paint him as a wuss or something when he as a good record here in Indiana.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:21 AM

TimeTraveler on May 14, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Oh, come on now. Do you actually see Daniels winning against Obama? Really? LOL Please.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 12:18 AM

It is a conservative website filled with airplane stuff..:)

PS..Theospark.net if you want to visit!..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:21 AM

TimeTraveler on May 14, 2011 at 12:17 AM

A lot of us don’t want that.

We want a victory that will actually mean something and electing a go-along to get-along candidate has no meaning. The debt and the spending are out of control and a win for the GOP team means nothing unless that changes.

sharrukin on May 14, 2011 at 12:23 AM

She is coming in three with Republicans.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:21 AM

No, according to Gallup she’s leading among Republicans in favorability.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:23 AM

canopfor on May 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM
=================
Good to see you!..Have you been to the Hotty Totty site Lately?..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:16AM

Dire Straits:Yes,go take a peek at GSG,on Isreal!:)

canopfor on May 14, 2011 at 12:23 AM

canopfor on May 14, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Will do..Thanks!..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Crap,the Linky Dire:)

canopfor on May 14, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Her negatives are too high..

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:21 AM

And what do you think the negatives for Daniels, Romney, Pawlenty and Huckabee will be when the media get finished with them?

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:11 AM

I’m hoping a serious conservative will be taken seriously by these people too. But don’t hold your breath.

I am not committing to anyone until I see how they are against each other and so forth but Daniels is definitely in the top echelon.

What do you think about his wife?

It is a little troubling and almost unfair to keep blaming the wife. I don’t think it reflects well on him.

Married couples make decisions together, it is a joint decision so blaming it on her does not impress me. Like saying his mommy won’t let him go to the dance or something.

But how Daniels ran Indiana is exactly what the country needs. So let’s see if he can grow into the person we need. That is why campaigns last as long as they do… sort of trial by fire.

petunia on May 14, 2011 at 12:25 AM

She is coming in three with Republicans.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:21 AM

No, according to Gallup she’s leading among Republicans in favorability.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:23 AM

I was not just talking about whether or not people like or admire her. I was talking about whether or not they will vote for her.

BTW, she has not said she is running.

In politics, anything is possible, but I don’t think she can win a general election. I really don’t.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:25 AM

And it is a shame that people are trying to paint him as a wuss or something…

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:21 AM

He’s doing that himself.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Mitch Danielzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

profitsbeard on May 14, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Have you been to the Hotty Totty site Lately?..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:16 AM
Explain please!!!

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Cindy Munford:Great site,with linkys!

I`m only there for the politics,tee-hee,
ahem!!:)

canopfor on May 14, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:25 AM

People who get ~20% in that category aren’t going to do very well, regardless.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:18 AM

That was never my point. I said whether or not someone LIKES Rush is telling, not whether or not they listen to him regularly.

I understand you are passionate about Daniels. That’s fine. I’m sure he is a fine man. I’m not against him. But I’m sure you can appreciate our apprehension when he is being treated the EXACT SAME WAY MCCAIN WAS by both the liberal media and the GOP establishment.

Kataklysmic on May 14, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Terrye on May 13, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Sorry for the delay, Terrye…

Gohawgs on May 14, 2011 at 12:29 AM

It is a little troubling and almost unfair to keep blaming the wife.

petunia on May 14, 2011 at 12:25 AM

I’m not blaming anyone. But “unfair”? You’ve got to be kidding. All’s fair, even Down syndrome kids.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:29 AM

What do you think about his wife?

petunia on May 14, 2011 at 12:25 AM

I don’t think we ever really know what happens between two people and so I don’t really have any idea what happened in their marriage, but apparently he loves his wife.

Cheri Daniels keeps a low profile. Yesterday she gave speech for some GOP people and that was unusual.

Daniels is just not the kind of guy who will set the world on fire. And fire is what a lot of people want.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Here is my hesitation over Daniels, Pawlenty, and Romney. Not one of them has been critical of Obama’s policies or positions, and there are plenty of reasons to be critical. Where is their fire? What do they stand for?

onlineanalyst on May 14, 2011 at 12:30 AM

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Did Daniels or his wife ever say anything unkind about Sarah Palin’s children?

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:31 AM

onlineanalyst on May 14, 2011 at 12:30 AM

I don’t think that is entirely true. I have all of them criticize Obama and the Democrats in Congress both.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:32 AM

Did Daniels or his wife ever say anything unkind about Sarah Palin’s children?

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:31 AM

No, but I’m pretty sure you know that’s not the point.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:32 AM

Terrye on May 13, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Sorry for the delay, Terrye…

Gohawgs on May 14, 2011 at 12:29 AM

I guess it would help if I include the link

Gohawgs on May 14, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Did Daniels or his wife ever say anything unkind about Sarah Palin’s children?

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:31 AM

The media will have something to say on Daniels and his wife and that is the point.

sharrukin on May 14, 2011 at 12:33 AM

I`m out,nite Cindy,Dire,and all the rest———–:)

canopfor on May 14, 2011 at 12:35 AM

canopfor on May 14, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Excellent Post!..GSG has an excellent post as always!..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:35 AM

canopfor on May 14, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Later friend!..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:36 AM

onlineanalyst on May 14, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Getting elected, in Romney’s case.

Cheri Daniels keeps a low profile.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:30 AM

She won’t for long.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:38 AM

I think Palin is delaying her announcement for several reasons:

1. She knows as soon as she announces there will be unrelenting attcaks from the left and especially the media and wants to spare herself and her family that for as long as possible.

2. She is getting fully prepared as she realizes the smallest mistake could kill her candidacy.

3, She is sitting back while her opponents commit suicide. Yesterday Mitt stuck both barrels in his mouth; today Newt said he had no regrets about the commercial with Pelosi and now claims he was debating her. Daniels says something to hack off conservatives (or just something stupid) every week: VAT, truce of social issues, Richard Lugar is my role model, bold letterhead, Condi Rice as running mate.

bw222 on May 14, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Kataklysmic on May 14, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Why is it telling? My husband would no doubt agree with some of the things Rush says, probably a lot of the things Rush says, but he is not into talk radio and he thinks that the people on those shows have an agenda. That does not mean he dislikes Rush. And what do you care anyway? I just relayed an opinion.

And I did hear Rush say something about Daniels that was not honest. He said Daniels was a big fan of Arne Duncan and that he was praising him and that means that Daniels was praising Obama. In fact Daniels was talking about education and he praise Duncan’s stand on merit pay and then went on to criticize him on charter schools and vouchers. Rush said nothing about that. If you did not live in Indiana and did not know the truth about Daniels and education, you would think he was on board with the Democrat agenda from listening to what Rush said, and that is just not true. That was what prompted my husband’s remark.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:20 AM

I don’t think it’s the polls as much as it is the media and the connected telling us who is and who isn’t electable. I find that it even for me, who thinks that those people are totally disconnected from the average citizen, are swayed by the constant drip drip drip of their propaganda.

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 12:39 AM

A country that can elect as President an America-hating socialist incompetent surely can embrace a semi-conservative midget with pattern baldness. These are the End of Days;

TXUS on May 14, 2011 at 12:39 AM

I`m only there for the politics,tee-hee,
ahem!!:)

canopfor on May 14, 2011 at 12:27 AM

I’m with you Canopfor!!..Thank you friend!..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 12:39 AM

you make a very good point!..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Do you see any parrallels between Daniels’ reception by the GOP establishment and MSM and McCain’s? If so, are you bothered by that or do you think it is a net plus?

Kataklysmic on May 14, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Cheri Daniels keeps a low profile.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:30 AM

She won’t for long.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:38 AM

This is true. That is the reason Daniels has not announced, his wife is not crazy about the idea..and he might not run at all. I guess we will find out.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:41 AM

canopfor on May 14, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Nice, I will have to pass it along to the Husband. Did you happen to see this?

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Of course he has an agenda. He’s just honest about it. The thing about Rush critics is that they say he’s so wrong, but hardly ever provide quotes and they never really listen to him. I don’t have the chance to listen, either. I read transcripts.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Kataklysmic on May 14, 2011 at 12:41 AM

I mostly see the RINO hunting and the paranoia that seems to show up everytime a successful well respected Republican politician might run for something. OH my God, the press does not hate him..so we must hate him. Oh my God, Karl Rove said something good about him..so let’s go get behind someone he hates too.

I mean come on..if Christie got in, a lot of these people would like him too..or Paul Ryan as far as that is concerned.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:41 AM

I find it very disheartening. If I am influenced, imagine the most valued so called moderates of the world. It probably keeps the country from accepting people with really good ideas. One thing is certain, if we are going to be stuck with four more years of the communist, we HAVE to have Congress. And it has to be veto proof because as we know, we can’t trust a lot of our own.

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:44 AM

So why do you think it is that so many in the lib media have had contempt for Palin since she first appeared, but they like Daniels and would like to see him as the GOP nominee? Because they agree with his policies? Because they think he can beat Obama?

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:46 AM

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:42 AM

I just posted an example of Rush being dishonest about something Daniels said. He did not tell the whole story and in the process he gave a false impression. Now when Rush was talking about Daniels and Arne Duncan he either did not know what he was talking about or he was being deliberately dishonest. That is the point.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 12:41 AM

That site has so many great sites that it is hard to get to them all!..It is an awesome site!..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:48 AM

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Why does everything have to be about Palin? And who says they all like Daniels? The Indianapolis Star has been very critical of him here in Indiana.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:48 AM

I just posted an example of Rush being dishonest about something Daniels said.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:47 AM

No, you didn’t give a quote.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Very good point!.. I think the GOP wins the Senate back in 2012!..We (GOP) got good news today in Wisconsin!..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Why does everything have to be about Palin?

Can’t answer it, can you?

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:48 AM

I didn’t say all, I said “so many”.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:51 AM

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:46 AM

This is the crux. Can any Daniels supporter answer this honestly?

Kataklysmic on May 14, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Terrye is like a snapping turtle….she will argue for a RINO until thunder strikes….she continued to praise McCain through his dreadful campaign…if Daniels wins the primary, she will argue Daniels merits as the US is systematically destroyed.

HornetSting on May 14, 2011 at 12:56 AM

I just posted an example of Rush being dishonest about something Daniels said.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:47 AM

No, you didn’t give a quote.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Oh to hell with that. It is almost 1 am and I am not going to go through hours and hours of podcasts trying to find some silly quote.

I tell you what. You go find it..it was not long ago..Find the part where Rush talks about Daniels praising Arne Duncan and then go find the Indy star story that gives an actual account of what Daniels and Ducan talked about and said to each other..and compare the two.

The amazing thing is that people who seem to be constantly worrying about other people telling them what to do and who to support and who to like can not even hear someone say something less than worshipful about Rush Limbaugh without going off.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Indeed, that seat seems imminently winnable.

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:56 AM

I’m not worshipful, I just asked for a quote. You brought the subject up; it must mean a lot to you, so I assumed you would have the quote somewhere nearby. I mean, I’ve also heard that Limbaugh’s a racist because of the “Barack, the Magic Negro” thing. I’ve heard that he praised the Taliban. MediaMatters does that sort of thing all the time.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:59 AM

HornetSting on May 14, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Hell yes, anyone who would balance the state budget, create a surplus, end collective bargaining for state employees, privatize roads, take on the teachers unions, support a voucher system for schools and supports charter schools, cuts property taxes, is pro life and does not support same sex marriage just has to be a RINO.

If you don’t like the guy, come up with someone better.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:00 AM

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:56 AM

I’m anxiously waiting for the Indy Star to parse this paragraph from the Ruth Marcus column today for inaccuracy:

In a rigid GOP world of no-new-taxes ideologues, Daniels actually proposed a temporary tax increase to help close the state’s budget gap. He created a health-care plan for uninsured residents not poor enough to qualify for Medicaid — and paid for it in part with higher tobacco taxes. He believes in limited government but implemented all-day kindergarten and pressed for new spending on infrastructure.

Kataklysmic on May 14, 2011 at 1:00 AM

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 12:56 AM

I’m not worshipful, I just asked for a quote. Media Matters does that “did you hear what Rush said???” sort of stuff all the time.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 1:03 AM

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 12:46 AM

This is the crux. Can any Daniels supporter answer this honestly?

I will answer it, because they have no respect for her or her intellect. And the fact that she left office so early only compounded that.

Now is every other possible candidate going to be punished because the media does not like Palin?

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Plus the Demos have to defend another seat that they were not counting on defending..So that means they are spending big $$$$.. That will be good!..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:03 AM

They were against her before she resigned and before they painted her intellect as wanting. Why were they equally against the immimently qualified Reagan?

Kataklysmic on May 14, 2011 at 1:05 AM

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 1:03 AM

I heard Rush say that Daniels was praising Duncan and he was doing that because he wanted us all to get behind Obama…I heard it myself when I was in my car. I did not think to tape it so that I could have a quote ready for you.

Now if that is not good enough for you..too bad.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Yes, Daniels has done some good things for Indiana. However, his working with dems against a Right to Work law during the past legislative session raises some questions. His using the VAT word when discussing possible tax reforms also raises questions…

Gohawgs on May 13, 2011 at 11:33 PM

That bolded part right there.

That’s two red flags right there.

Big ones.

Not as big as Huckabee’s Clemency Madness or RomneyCare, but too close for comfort.

Pass.

SuperCool on May 14, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Huh? They didn’t know what her intellect was before they started the sliming. In fact, if you remember the Journolist thing, portraying her as stupid was an early strategy. Why was that? And what is it about Daniels’ relative intellect that they find so much better?

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:03 AM

That doesn’t answer the question.

And by the way, no, I don’t take marching orders from Rush. I disagreed with his take on Donald Trump. He’s apparently friendly with Trump and was going to go fairly easy on him.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 1:03 AM

We have to be smarter about spending because I don’t think the Left’s funding knows any limits. Add to that all the “free” advertising that they get from the media. You know if they weren’t such terrible leaders with such horrific ideas, the Left should be unbeatable.

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Kataklysmic on May 14, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Reagan had a real record. He was a two term Governor of a large state and he was former union leader and not all the media hated him. Liberals hated him…but the man won 49 states. Palin is not Reagan. I am sorry. I think she is a good person, but she is not Reagan and this constant harping on how she is victmized is not helping her. Reagan was never a victim.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:09 AM

That doesn’t answer the question.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Oh really? My husband makes an off hand remark, states an opinion, I relay it and people immediately get obsessive and weird about it…and you don’t take marching orders?

I know all about how mean they were to Palin…I have heard it over and over and over and over again…but that is not Mitch Daniels fault now is it?

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:13 AM

You have to admit, with all the cheering for people not in the race, we might have to seriously start considering those who have committed. I am now depressed.

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 1:13 AM

From Orrin Hatch on hewitt’s show:

HH: Do you think you can get the NLRB…I mean, do you hear from your Democratic colleagues that the President has overreached, and that Obama has to back of the attack on Boeing?
OH: I think they’re blatant. I think they figure they can do anything they want to, and they’re doing anything they want to up to these next two years, figuring that they’ll get away with it. And even though they know it’s wrong, you know, it’ll help them shore up their liberal base all over the country.
HH: Wow. And the executive order on the Disclose Act, do you expect that to issue as well, Senator Hatch, 30 seconds?
OH: Well, that’s what they want to do. They want to intimidate all of the corporations in this country and other businesses from giving money that might help Republicans. And they know it’s unconstitutional what they’re doing, they know it’s wrong, but they’re going to go do it anyway, because it’s political time to them. And frankly, it’s been political time from Day One with this president. They play politics very, very tough, they play it well, and they don’t give a damn about what’s right and what’s wrong.

We need a lot of R “leaders” showing up and calling these people out…otherwise they’ll get outfoxed by the Chicago Machine

The Dim/Media/left complex is gunning for the Rs.

r keller on May 14, 2011 at 1:13 AM

HornetSting on May 14, 2011 at 12:56 AM

If you don’t like the guy, come up with someone better.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:00 AM

So, if He is so pro life and pro marriage, why the ‘truce on social issues’. You lose your base, you lose the race and the conservative base believes you can walk and chew gum at the same time, not call a truce on your core beliefs. What other core beliefs will go by the wayside as he campaigns? Not to mention I have now found the answer for my insomnia problem.

HornetSting on May 14, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:09 AM

They hated Reagan because he had a “real record”?

Let me help you out, Terrye, before we get into the same old tired “she quit! She’s not Reagan!!!” stuff. They hate Palin for the same reasons they hated Reagan. The very same reasons, and it has nothing to do with how many years this one served and how intellectual this one seemed. The reasons are this: both are charismatic conservatives, and both have/had the ability to mobilize and energize conservative voters. Effectiveness, actual or potential, is what drives the hatred.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Gohawgs on May 13, 2011 at 11:33 PM

That bolded part right there.

That’s two red flags right there.

Big ones.

Pass.

SuperCool on May 14, 2011 at 1:07 AM

He did not work with the Democrats. People saying this do not know how the legislative process works in this state. They screwed up bringing that bill up when they did. Once the bill is brought up it has to be voted on in a certain amount of time or it is dead. They made a mistake..there was no debate and the bill died. That was the problem. Daniels wanted them to bring it up later when there was time for debate..and then the Republican majority could pass it.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 1:09 AM

You make a very good point!..Plus the Demos were counting on Kohl being self funding..:)

PS..This Senate seat is in reach for the GOP!..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:13 AM

That’s the problem, so many of these possible candidates are never going to be judged on what they have and could do but strictly by the punditry on issues that really don’t matter to much to the average citizen.

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 1:17 AM

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Who the hell is they? She is not charismatic enough to get her negatives down and her favorable numbers up is she?

Reagan was not hated by all the media, he never had high negatives like Palin does and he did have a record that showed he could work with all sorts of people on all sorts of issues.

And I am tired of this argument.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Asking for a quote is “obsessive”? LOL

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:13 AM

And we’re soon to hear over and over and over and over and over about how we alleged Dittoheads are soooooo very mean to poor old Mr and Mrs Daniels…

Come off it.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Absolutely.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 1:17 AM

I know, and the Republicans have to have Congress. A lot can happen before November 2012. I can’t hope that things stay this bad or get worse just so The Won loses.

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Excellent point!..I agree fully!..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 1:21 AM

It’s been great talking to everyone. I’m hitting the hay. Goodnight and sweet dreams everyone.

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Still trying to pick our candidates? …..

shakes head and walks away

Kini on May 14, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Cindy Munford on May 14, 2011 at 1:21 AM

I enjoyed it very much!..Thank you Cindy!..Later Friend!..:)

Dire Straits on May 14, 2011 at 1:24 AM

Asking for a quote is “obsessive”? LOL

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Come off it.

pseudoforce on May 14, 2011 at 1:19 AM

In no fewer than three posts I talked about what I heard Rush say on the radio and you respond by asking for a quote..as if the three posts were not enough. Apparently, when I hear Rush say something that I know is not true, rather through malice or error, I am supposed to just ignore it and not make mention of it. Screw it..who cares anyway?

And I did not say anything about dittoheads either…all I said was that Daniels was a good Governor here in Indiana. That is all. In fact I actually said I would be surprised if he won the nomination.

And then of course comes the Palin this and Palin that posts.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:25 AM

And then of course comes the Palin this and Palin that posts.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:25 AM

You might want to rest up. It’s going to be like this for a year at least.

alwaysfiredup on May 14, 2011 at 1:26 AM

Look, if the pundits determined the Republican nominee, we’d never have had Reagan in 1980. It wasn’t the pundits who gave us Dole and McCain, it was the primary voters. Early winner-take-all primaries give guys pulling 30-35% of the vote in small-to-medium states big momentum.

Electability is one of many issues voters will consider. The biggest problem next year is open primaries: with no contest on the Democratic side, Obama’s supporters will be able to work mischief in several states.

Adjoran on May 14, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Oh, and all a Daniels candidacy would do is add another dark horse to a race with several already, and probably kill Pawlenty’s chances along with Daniels’.

Adjoran on May 14, 2011 at 1:29 AM

The Conservative base of the Republican Party is not going to vote for someone who compared them to suicide bombers.

End of story.

They also are going to vote for someone who got an award from a Jew hating terror group.

They won’t vote for someone who killed their state’s Right2Work bill.

AND, how come no one ever mentions the fact that Daniels has his own version of Romney/ObamaCare?

Or how about the fact he used money from a permanent fund, possibly illegally, to make it look like he balanced the budget.

Like Huckabee and Romney, Daniels is another Big Government STATIST, and a snake oil salesman, with a bad attitude to boot.

If he is the nominee I will ACTIVELY work to defeat him. I will NEVER vote for another GOP establishment liberal again.

Period.

gary4205 on May 14, 2011 at 1:32 AM

And I am tired of this argument.

Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Before Palin was selected as McCain’s running mate, she had an approval rating of near 90% in Alaska, far and away the highest of any governor in all 50 states at the time. A number like this requires the approval of most Democrats and even a lot of the media. Now what do you think is the more likely scenario:

a) After her electifying convention speech, the media realized that had a bona fide charismatic conservative powerhouse on their hands who may very well help defeat Obama thus it became imperitive they destroy her? or;

b) Palin suddenly decided to throw the political strategy she had employed to great success over the past 20 years out the window and become a polarizing airhead?

Kataklysmic on May 14, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Reagan had a real record.
Terrye on May 14, 2011 at 1:09 AM

As opposed to Palin’s fake one? Or would that be “unreal”?

And Palin was a PTA member, city council member and a mayor and her record as governor was arguably more fiscally conservative than Reagan’s. (As for not all the media hating Reagan, name one MSM outlet that didn’t. You evidently weren’t around then.)

The man won 49 states.

In 1980. In May of 1979 he was polling 25 points behind Jimmy Carter and he wasn’t even the leading Republican nominee. He was viewed as past his prime and even a bit of a joke. He lost the Iowa primary.

Palin is not Reagan.

That’s correct. Reagan was a corporatist republican who showed zero interest in the problem of political corruption. Palin is a free market, small-business populist and the only politician in the sphere of national politics who confronted and defeated political corruption in her own party. She was also a union member (of an earthbound union, unlike SAG), and has closer actual connections to the average American worker than Reagan had or any national politician in recent memory has had.

The only ones harping on it are those with an animus against her — because they hugely resent the fact she hasn’t allowed herself to be vicitmized out of political viability (and in fact, has mostly mocked her victimizers). The assault on her has been like nothing seen in American political history, and her buoyancy and tenacity in the face of it is more than mealy sacks of mince like well-mannered Mitch Daniels will even be able to contemplate as Obama lowers his billion dollar boom on them.

rrpjr on May 14, 2011 at 1:36 AM

Everybody’s down on Mitch. Mitch is boring. Mitch is short. Mitch is a wuss. Mitch is a RINO. Be nice if there were some facts to back it up.

Here’s the facts: Mitch has shown his true conservative roots in running Indiana. He is reviled by the left in this state, especially teachers. He is smart. He is frugal. He travelled the state in an RV in the last campaign staying in the homes of average Hoosiers who invited him. And he won 60 percent of the vote in the last election, the same one that Indiana tipped to Obama.

Yes, Mitch is short. If Obama wants to pat him on the head when they shake hands for their first debate, let him. I seem to recall a now-departed governor from New Jersey who thought it a great tactic to mock fat guys.

Rush Limbaugh, the sole resident of “Literalville,” might want to get out of his bunker more. Come to Indiana, Rush. Get to know the next president of the United States.

MaxMBJ on May 14, 2011 at 1:39 AM