Fake Tea Party Candidate Assaults Cameraman

posted at 11:36 am on May 12, 2011 by Jazz Shaw

The last time we updated you on the special election in Western New York’s 26th congressional district, things were heating up. The race is close according to the latest polls and GOP nominee Jane Corwin is fending off not only the declared Democratic candidate, but a so-called “Tea Party” candidate with no visible support of any active Tea Party groups in the area. That man is Jack Davis, previously the Democrats’ nominee for the seat in multiple elections. Well, if things were heating up before, they seem to be coming to a full boil now. Pressed with questions about why he is refusing to participate in tonight’s debate, Davis came out swinging. Errr… literally.

Tempers flared in Greece Wednesday night at a party to support Jack Davis in the special election for the 26th Congressional District.

Davis is running as a Tea Party candidate. A volunteer for Republican candidate Jane Corwin showed up at the event in Greece Wednesday night. That volunteer began heckling Davis because he has pulled out of a debate set for Thursday night in Buffalo.

A video of the confrontation was put on Youtube by the Erie County G.O.P. In the video, the cameraman says he was hit by Davis.

The Davis camp is denying the allegations, of course, but that position may prove to be a hard sell with this floating around

Meanwhile, forces across the nation have mobilized on both sides as we enter the final eleven days of the race. The Speaker of the House is out visiting us this week supporting the Republican nominee.

In bringing in House Speaker John Boehner, the Republican “big gun” aimed at cutting spending and the size of government, Jane Corwin sought to further ally herself with the Conservative cause.

Boehner said, “Jane will work with us to stand up to Nancy Pelosi and the liberals in Washington, D.C., and say “no” to the bailouts, say “no” to the stimulus, and say “no” to the continued tax and spend crowd that’s down there.”

“We need to go out there and start getting our fiscal policies in order. Our country’s going in the wrong direction. We need to turn it around,” said Corwin.

Also, as we hinted in previous coverage, American Crossroads has jumped into the fray with a sizable ad buy in that market. You can view their first offering, currently running across the district, below.

If anything interesting comes from tonight’s debate, we’ll bring you up to date on it tomorrow.

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

How old is this friggin guy? I don’t vote for people who look like they may not last a 2 year term.

Rocks on May 12, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Not only did Davis come out swinging, but it appears that he had help from one of his aides.

I saw two people strike the cameraman, not one.

unclesmrgol on May 12, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Wouldn’t it nice, for just one time, that you have something like this happen, and the assailant is totally unaware that the PART-TIME cameraman he is assaulting is about to demonstrate that they also happen to be a FULL-TIME black belt karate instructor?

I mean, just one time!

pilamaye on May 12, 2011 at 11:46 AM

I’ll bet the victim was black and the tea baggers racist tendencies finally were revealed.

a capella on May 12, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Note how supportive the liberals are of the assailant, -”Tempers flared in Greece Wednesday night.”

Only one temper flared, that of the fake TEA candidate.

slickwillie2001 on May 12, 2011 at 11:47 AM

How does an anti-business, tax-and-spend liberal, sign up as a “Tea Party” candidate? If he has no backing, and there is no actual party by that name, how is any such connection being pretended?

Freelancer on May 12, 2011 at 11:47 AM

This race is bigger than I thought!

mankai on May 12, 2011 at 11:47 AM

leftwing brownshirts. But that’s redundant.

rbj on May 12, 2011 at 11:49 AM

“You Don’t Know Jack.”

RalphyBoy on May 12, 2011 at 11:49 AM

And again, endorsed by conservative David Bellavia, because the state party didn’t see fit to pick him for the Republican nomination over an experienced businesswoman.

Bellavia’s got to be kept in mind. For all we dumped on Dede Scozzafava for bailing on us, endorsing this fraudster in my neck of the woods (that district borders mine) is not the way to advance in conservatism.

Goodbye, Mr. Bellavia. I don’t expect to give you the time of day ever again.

KingGold on May 12, 2011 at 11:53 AM

This fossilized turd ball thinks he can get away with assault because he’s old or he’s in reality a Democrat?

SKYFOX on May 12, 2011 at 11:55 AM

I don’t know, that just looked staged to me… He kinda slaps him and you Ahh from the cameraman was a little over doing it.

My guess? The Dems found a guy that they can pay to say he is a Tea Party guy, then he pulls something like this so that they can try to paint the Tea party as wackos.

Their problem comes from the Tea Party being a true grassroots org with no head that they can call a racist.

jeffn21 on May 12, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Cameraman should grow a pair. I’d be embarassed to call that an assault or “a hit” or whatever. ooks like he pushed the camera; hate this in-your-face gotcha crap where everyone provokes someone into a reaction so they can put it on YouTube.

RW Wacko on May 12, 2011 at 11:58 AM

jeffn21 on May 12, 2011 at 11:58 AM

You might be right. It was definitely lame, at the very least. “Arghhhhhhh!!!!!’ lol

RW Wacko on May 12, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Nice.

And Bellavia actually endorsed this moron? Ugh.

Bishop on May 12, 2011 at 11:59 AM

The old guy clearly threatens to hit the camera man. That’s all anyone needs to know.

What’s with his uniform? Gay Gestapo?

Hening on May 12, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Nice.

And Bellavia actually endorsed this moron? Ugh.

Bishop on May 12, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Even better: that punch-up was outside Bellavia’s endorsement event. Epic backfire. Serves him right for being a sore loser.

rcpjr on May 12, 2011 at 12:12 PM

“Who you?” “Who you?”

visions on May 12, 2011 at 12:12 PM

What’s with his uniform? Gay Gestapo?

Hening on May 12, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Hehe, a really, really bad “costume job” by the left to portray Davis as a Tea Party member who is nutsy military and violent.

I swear its from Woody Allens “Bananas”..

Odie1941 on May 12, 2011 at 12:13 PM

pilamaye ,

or an off duty commissioned police officer, that would be even better :)

rgranger on May 12, 2011 at 12:14 PM

This how democrats roll. Push, hit , wet willy, whatever the democrats behind this need to be exposed.

GardenGnome on May 12, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Bellweather talk here is a bit much b/c NY state is losing 2 seats from redistricting and this will most likely be one of those seats.

pt on May 12, 2011 at 12:18 PM

KingGold on May 12, 2011 at 11:53 AM

I’m with you KingGold. I liked Bellavia when he wanted to run the first time but for some reason or other he never got on the ballot either time. -First red flag.

Then I heard he was endorsing Jack. -Second and last red flag I needed.

I did hear the Crossroads ad last night (this race is in my district) and was grateful they’re putting some money into this race. I still believe Jane will win it and more so now that Jack reacted that way. He should have just walked away if he didn’t want to answer.

NYconservative on May 12, 2011 at 12:21 PM

I have posted several times for the benefit of people who do not know Jack Davis that he is a nasty person. He really is. His campaign against Tom Reynolds was all character assassination commercials. His personal appearances are few and unsuccessful.

KW64 on May 12, 2011 at 12:23 PM

pilamaye ,

or an off duty commissioned police officer, that would be even better :)

rgranger on May 12, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Armed with a taser.

pilamaye on May 12, 2011 at 12:23 PM

If he’s a Tea Partier, it doesn’t show up at all from his “issues” statements. Summary:

Prevent outsourcing and promote consumerism
Tax offshore accounts
Don’t put energy into spending cuts(!) because job creation dictates budget issues
Cap spending/don’t raise taxes
Oppose free trade with Colombia (ugh)
Pull out of European commitments
Tax Chinese imports
Support greater aviation security measures
Commend Obama for making the case for Libya(!!)

That’s a mostly fair summary, too. Putting aside the assault, if these are his priorities, he should be booed out of any Tea Party event.

theperfecteconomist on May 12, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Good on American Crossroads for making the ad buy. I can’t stand fake “tea party” politicians; they are almost as bad as Illinois nazis.

Fallon on May 12, 2011 at 12:29 PM

He is not a Tea Partier! Never was! As KW64 said, he is a nasty, mean man.

NYconservative on May 12, 2011 at 12:33 PM

a capella on May 12, 2011 at 11:46 AM

I’ll bet reading comprehension was not your strong suit in the few short years you spent in school.

That candidate is a ‘fake’ tea party candidate. He is actually a Democrat who had previously been the Democrats’ failed nominee for the same seat in multiple elections and who was running as a Tea Party candidate in this election as a spoiler. Ostensibly in an effort to keep the Republican from winning the election.

In other words, he’s not a Tea Party candidate whatsoever, he is a Democrat tool. I imagine you’re able to relate to that.

FlatFoot on May 12, 2011 at 12:38 PM

I saw two people strike the cameraman, not one.

unclesmrgol on May 12, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Yeah, it wasn’t this geriatric jackwagon that was punching the cameraman, it was one of his flaks.

Jaibones on May 12, 2011 at 12:54 PM

It’s hard to tell what part of this video is legit. Did Jack stage it? Is the cameraman a Dem himself? Is the video to make tea partyers look bad? Make Jack look bad?

I don’t know. Voter’s in his district ought to go on his record of deceipt rather than this video. Erie county (well all of NY actually) isn’t know for their rationale.

shick on May 12, 2011 at 12:55 PM

FlatFoot on May 12, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Oooof…you got hooked. You new here?

Bishop on May 12, 2011 at 12:55 PM

I’m in this district. I’ve been trying to figure out who to vote for. That video just about made my mind up for me. Hopefully, my other choice will participate in fixing this country rather than screwing it up even more.

looking4statesmen on May 12, 2011 at 12:56 PM

looking4statesmen on May 12, 2011 at 12:56 PM

And that would be?

shick on May 12, 2011 at 12:59 PM

His district is next to mine, and we have very screwed up area. my district had tickleman that had to quit, we have a decent guy now, the 26 had a guy so shallow he exhibited himself on the internet, and the adjacent district has louise slaughter a total lefty who is famous for making a deal with Asad of syria…..we have big problems here in western NY

georgealbert on May 12, 2011 at 12:59 PM

It’s hard to tell what part of this video is legit. Did Jack stage it?

shick on May 12, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Oh, sheesh, as my daughter would say, it’s “postmodern”.

Fallon on May 12, 2011 at 1:02 PM

The media here is now calling the incident “a Jack attack.” Heh.

And if Davis is such a Tea Partier, what’s he doing running TV ads ripping Paul Ryan’s budget as eliminating Medicare? Time to exit stage left, Jack.

rcpjr on May 12, 2011 at 1:02 PM

we have big problems here in western NY

georgealbert on May 12, 2011 at 12:59 PM

And Brian Higgins of the 27th – my congressman – is the only “normal” one of the bunch and yet he’s a doctrinaire Pelosi drone in a district that doesn’t call for one.

KingGold on May 12, 2011 at 1:03 PM

Leave it to the Democrats. They’re always trying to rig the system. Now, the new plan is to make every race a 3 party race, which they feel they can win, so they insert a Democrat who can’t win, call him a Tea Party Candidate, and voila, a 3 party race.

Ironically, most tea party people can spot a Democrat posing as one, a mile away, because they don’t believe what members of the tea party believe and they have no way of communicating with conservatives, they can’t relate.

bflat879 on May 12, 2011 at 1:06 PM

we have big problems here in western NY

georgealbert on May 12, 2011 at 12:59 PM

KingGold on May 12, 2011 at 1:03 PM

I feel for those I left behind. Don’t feel too bad. I live in MD now. :(

shick on May 12, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Oh, sheesh, as my daughter would say, it’s “postmodern”.

Fallon on May 12, 2011 at 1:02 PM

LOL

shick on May 12, 2011 at 1:07 PM

First I’da smashed my camera over Jack’s buddy’s head then while he was slipping in and out of consciousness would have jacked Jack upside his grill. I have anger management issues…..

StompUDead on May 12, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Oooof…you got hooked. You new here?

Bishop on May 12, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Me new here? Nope. Been here for years. Since back when Bryan Preston was tearing it up and Ed was still blogging at Capt’s Quarters. If the /sarc tag is missing off that post then their bad.

FlatFoot on May 12, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Jack Davis and his goon are typical Democrat party politicians – thugs, fascists, evil, anti-American

These scum probably wipe their butts with our Constitution too.

CatchAll on May 12, 2011 at 1:37 PM

What’s with the decorated camo jacket?

J.E. Dyer on May 12, 2011 at 1:40 PM

What’s with the decorated camo jacket?

J.E. Dyer on May 12, 2011 at 1:40 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I think the camo jacket with the giant patches and what looks to be a Freedom Eagle on the back are part of his impersonation package. The video isn’t clear enough to make out what the patches are exactly though. Clearly the man is not only a Democrat tool, he’s a subversive wanker dressing up for his part.

Wolf in sheep’s clothing is my guess.

FlatFoot on May 12, 2011 at 1:48 PM

we have big problems here in western NY

georgealbert on May 12, 2011 at 12:59 PM

KingGold on May 12, 2011 at 1:03 PM
I feel for those I left behind. Don’t feel too bad. I live in MD now. :(

shick on May 12, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Me, too. But now I’m represented by Lynn Woolsey and Babs Boxer. From the fire to the frying pan (or is it vice versa?)

Alibali on May 12, 2011 at 1:56 PM

looking4statesmen on May 12, 2011 at 12:56 PM

“Assemblywoman Corwin, meanwhile, repeatedly hammered at Hochul’s record on the Hamburg town board, where she voted to raise taxes 11 out of 13 years.”

Does that help any?

NYconservative on May 12, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Honestly, it’s not surprising at all. Davis has a reputation for being an angry, bitter, bizarre old man. No surprise. The local media has been doing a pretty good job covering this race so far (at least in Rochester), and this little clip will make for some good evening news viewing.

Pope Linus on May 12, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Does Jack belong to some paramilitary unit? Creepy people who want to be in charge of us, wow.

hawkdriver on May 12, 2011 at 2:24 PM

What’s with the decorated camo jacket?

J.E. Dyer on May 12, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Beat me to the question. BTW, I linked to your blog page finally. Keep at it. Your articles and threads are very informative.

hawkdriver on May 12, 2011 at 2:26 PM

The AP also calls this guy a “tea party” candidate despite all evidence to the contrary.

This smells all the way around.

jdawg on May 12, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Get him out of my MARPAT.

blankminde on May 12, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Actually, the whole thing seems fake…

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 12, 2011 at 8:16 PM

hawkdriver on May 12, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Thanks, hawkdriver. I’ll reciprocate forthwith.

J.E. Dyer on May 13, 2011 at 2:55 PM