Bin Laden’s son: Hey, I’m pretty sure that raid was illegal

posted at 5:43 pm on May 10, 2011 by Allahpundit

You keep talking like this, pal, and … you’ll probably be elected to the European Parliament, I guess.

Or maybe they’ll give him a weekly column in the Guardian. “Bin Laden’s Hideout,” they could call it.

The statement said the family was asking why the leader of Al Qaeda “was not arrested and tried in a court of law so that truth is revealed to the people of the world.” Citing the trials of Saddam Hussein and Slobodan Milosevic, the statement questioned “the propriety of such assassination where not only international law has been blatantly violated,” but the principles of presumption of innocence and the right to a fair trial were ignored…

“We want to remind the world that Omar bin Laden, the fourth-born son of our father, always disagreed with our father regarding any violence and always sent messages to our father, that he must change his ways and that no civilians should be attacked under any circumstances,” the statement said. “Despite the difficulty of publicly disagreeing with our father, he never hesitated to condemn any violent attacks made by anyone, and expressed sorrow for the victims of any and all attacks.”

Condemning the shooting of one of the Qaeda leader’s wives during the assault on May 2 in Abbottabad, Pakistan, the statement added: “As he condemned our father, we now condemn the president of the United States for ordering the execution of unarmed men and women.”

His dad, of course, famously declared war on America in the 1990s and then even more famously proved how serious he was about following through on it. That’s his idea of an “unarmed man” whose group specialized in surprise suicide attacks, a fact keen on the SEALs’ minds as they went in. Here’s a bit more from the statement. For a guy who chose a different career path, he sure does seem to have a high regard for Osama’s status:

The statement, attributed to Omar bin Laden, bin Laden’s fourth eldest son, said the al Qaeda chief’s children reserved the right to take legal action in the United States and internationally to “determine the true fate of our vanished father,” the SITE Intelligence Group said…

The letter said, in part: “We hold the American President (Barack) Obama legally responsible to clarify the fate of our father, Osama bin Laden, for it is unacceptable, humanely and religiously, to dispose of a person with such importance and status among his people, by throwing his body into the sea in that way, which demeans and humiliates his family and his supporters and which challenges religious provisions and feelings of hundreds of millions of Muslims.”

Sounds like Omar’s not in the “Bin Laden wasn’t a true Muslim” camp. In fairness to him, despite his early training alongside his pop, I’ve never heard of him having links to terrorism apart from his patrilineage. He is prone to saying inane things about how Osama must have been “sorry” for 9/11, but he himself has condemned the attack — albeit in the course of listing his objections to various American military actions. So today’s note isn’t so much jihadist propaganda as it is old-fashioned moral equivalence. Like I say, there’s got to be an elective office waiting somewhere for him on the continent.

When told about the Bin Laden family’s objections, a stunned Joe Biden could only mutter, “Are you kidding?” Exit question: Forget about Omar Bin Laden. What about Hamza Bin Laden, another son, who was supposedly in the compound during the SEALs’ raid but wasn’t killed or captured? Did he actually … escape?

Comments

Dreams from my father…

the_nile on May 10, 2011 at 5:46 PM

That wallpaper behind him should be illegal. My eyes!

Christien on May 10, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Don’t shoot my dad, bro!

Keef Overbite on May 10, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Obama is Jesus. And Jesus does not abide by man’s law. Therefore Obama cannot do anything illegal.

angryed on May 10, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Bite me, d1ckhead.

bernzright777 on May 10, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Do.Not.Care., Omar.

Gothguy on May 10, 2011 at 5:49 PM

“… by throwing his body into the sea in that way, which demeans and humiliates his family and his supporters and which challenges religious provisions and feelings of hundreds of millions of Muslims.”

Suck on it…

Seven Percent Solution on May 10, 2011 at 5:49 PM

What truth does he mean here?

Is he hinting that maybe it wasn’t his father or is this some other revealed truth?

sharrukin on May 10, 2011 at 5:50 PM

If he knew where his daddy was and didn’t tell the Saudi (or American) authorities, isn’t he guilty of aiding and abetting his father’s criminal activites???

Talk amongst yourselves…

Gohawgs on May 10, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Well, there’s somebody you wouldn’t expect in a Calvin Klein T-shirt…

Ed Driscoll on May 10, 2011 at 5:51 PM

He processes facts like democrats do.

csdeven on May 10, 2011 at 5:51 PM

So, what actions taken by muslims on 9/11 was legal?

madmonkphotog on May 10, 2011 at 5:52 PM

One of the wives claimed right afterward that the SEALS took the son along with bin Laden’s body. I thought it was odd we didn’t hear anything more until today, when the report is that no one has seen him. And of course, we are denying we have him.

Queen0fCups on May 10, 2011 at 5:52 PM

OMG! His shirt says calvin klein!!!!!!!! and he still has his head????? I’m confused….BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Jeeeeeezzzzz

sicoit on May 10, 2011 at 5:52 PM

He was a legitimate military target believed by the SEALs to be posing an immediate threat. That’s all the justification they needed to pop him in the face.

As for Ahmed, or Muhammed, or Omar, or whatever…he’s a terror apologist. Even his condemnations can’t come without suggesting the targets deserved it. Screw him then.

amerpundit on May 10, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Keynote address at the Democrat National Convention, U.S. Senator from Illinois, and ultimately a future presidential candidate for the Democrats.

malclave on May 10, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Funny how pissant Muslims are interested in legality only when the fickle finger of fate goes up their derrieres. Nothing illegal, of course, in the mass murders occurring daily, worldwide.

MaiDee on May 10, 2011 at 5:54 PM

We hold the American President (Barack) Obama legally responsible to clarify the fate of our father, Osama bin Laden, for it is unacceptable, humanely and religiously, to dispose of a person with such importance and status among his people, by throwing his body into the sea in that way, which demeans and humiliates his family and his supporters-

By George, I think he’s got it!

HitNRun on May 10, 2011 at 5:55 PM

You have to laugh at this fool wearing a shirt advertising a gay, Jewish man who spends his life selling skimpy clothing to women and showing men with all their body hair waxed.

lonestar1 on May 10, 2011 at 5:55 PM

When I read about this earlier I just knew it was destined for HotAir. It’s his dad so I understand where is coming from but there are plenty of sons without fathers because of his dad so he should understand if some people are disappointed that his dad could only be killed once.

lexhamfox on May 10, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Hey, Omar. Direct your problems to U.S.A.G. Holder. He may be sympathetic to your grievance. Yes, seriously.

joejm65 on May 10, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Sorry the old man got double-tapped in the noggin douchebag, be careful, you might be next.

bernzright777 on May 10, 2011 at 5:59 PM

says a guy that should ALSO be swimming with the fishes…….

RealMc on May 10, 2011 at 5:59 PM

..yeah, so’s driving airplanes into buildings and killing 3,000 people, a§§hole.

The War Planner on May 10, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I’m pretty sure that promoting the killing of innocent “infidels” is illegal too. In the course of war, people get killed. Who started this war? Complaining about how the body of UBL was disposed of falls on deaf ears by those who lost loved ones and witnessed the death of 3000 innocent people.

cat-scratch on May 10, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Maybe it has something to do with declaring war against the United States…

… and using terrorist attacks as your main form of attack.

It kinda of pisses us off…

Seven Percent Solution on May 10, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Mini-OBL is very confused: Courts are for our citizens who have agreed to support our Constitution and our laws. Al Qaeda is a completely lawless organization who declared war on the US: it thus has forfeited all of its rights under both International and US law, and it is NOT entitled to the benefits of citizenship, or any other benefits whatsoever (including the benefit of life).

landlines on May 10, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Heh

JetBoy on May 10, 2011 at 6:01 PM

We’ve been told he was not a true muslim and no one cared about him and his evil acts other then extremist.

the_nile on May 10, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Omar bin Laden? Yeah. This guy:

Bin Laden’s son and British wife split after he heard ‘Osama’s voice in his head

The son of Osama Bin Laden and his British wife have split up after he began to hear his father’s voice in his head, it has emerged.

The fourth eldest child of the Al Qaeda mastermind was admitted to a psychiatric hospital last week with drug-induced schizophrenia.

———————

The entire family must be a bunch of ph$ckwits.

Cody1991 on May 10, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Boo hoo..

I stole this photo of Osama’s funeral from Blackfive … pass it along..

Texas Gal on May 10, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Cody1991 on May 10, 2011 at 6:03 PM

MMMMMMMMmmmm Opium! /ss

(thats “strong sarc”)

bernzright777 on May 10, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Omar? Rosie O’Donnell on line two.

locomotivebreath1901 on May 10, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Texas Gal on May 10, 2011 at 6:06 PM

LMAO!

bernzright777 on May 10, 2011 at 6:09 PM

a fact keen on the SEALs’ minds as they went in.

you know what the last thing that went through Osama’s mind was?

…..some 5.56mm…

ouch.

ted c on May 10, 2011 at 6:09 PM

So, what actions taken by muslims on 9/11 was legal?

madmonkphotog on May 10, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Well, they legally went thru airport security to get on the planes.

And if profiling had been legal that morning, Mohammed Atta and his partner may not have been allowed on their connecting flight from Maine to Boston at all. The gate agent at the Portland Jetport, Michael Touhey, was extremely suspicious of them, but bowed to PC and let them thru.

He’s been haunted by the memory ever since. As he recounted in a CNN interview:

GRIFFIN: One hour and 43 minutes into Touhey’s day, two men approached his counter rushing to catch the 6:00 flight to Boston.

TOUHEY: They had a tie and jacket on. All right? And as I’m looking at them, you know, they’re holding their IDs up, and I’m looking at them. It’s not nice, but I said, “Jeez, if this doesn’t look like two Arab terrorists, I’ve never seen two Arab terrorists.”

GRIFFIN (on camera): That was your…

TOUHEY: Thought.

GRIFFIN: … first reaction?

TOUHEY: That was my thought as I’m looking at them. I’m looking at their licenses, and I’m looking — and that thought ran through my mind.

GRIFFIN: Where did that thought go?

TOUHEY: I don’t know. Immediately, I felt guilty about thinking something like that. I just said, “This is awful.” How — you know, I’ve checked in thousands of Arabic people over the years. You know, doing the same job. Businessmen. I said, “These are just a couple of Arab business guys.”

GRIFFIN (voice-over): But something about these two men was different. Touhey says the younger man, Abdul Aziz Al-Omari, could barely speak English. The other was Mohamed Atta. Touhey says he had the eyes of a killer.

TOUHEY: He did. He had the deadest eyes I’ve ever seen.

GRIFFIN: Setting aside his gut reaction, Touhey issued the boarding passes. The flight was leaving in 17 minutes. And Atta and Omari still had to clear security. But Atta told Touhey he wanted not only the boarding passes for the U.S. air flight to Boston, but also the passes for their connecting American Airlines flight to Los Angeles. Atta, the mastermind behind the 9/11 plan, was facing the plan’s first obstacle, a gate agent with an attitude.

TOUHEY: When I just gave them the ticket, I gave them the boarding cards for the Boston flight. And he says — he says, “Isn’t this — isn’t there one-stop checking?” And I said, “No, you’re connecting to American Airlines down in Boston.”

GRIFFIN: Had Atta argued, he would have missed his flight. Touhey says the two men turned in a huff and hurried to the gate. Less than three hours later, Touhey was told by a co-worker that American Flight 11 had crashed into the north tower of the World Trade Center.

TOUHEY: I said, “Oh, my god.” I said, “I put two people on that plane.” And I was feeling horrible. You know?

Here I was thinking these guys were terrorists. You know? And I just had a flashback.

I said, “Now the poor bastards are dead.” And then you got the word on the second plane and it was like a punch in the stomach.

GRIFFIN (on camera): You knew then that those two guys were involved?

TOUHEY: As soon as I heard it. The second I heard it. I said, “I was right. I was right.”

You know, and it was just — I don’t know how you describe it, how your stomach twists and turns. You get sick to your stomach.

GRIFFIN: Still does?

TOUHEY: To this day. Not so much that — I felt ashamed that I did not react to my instincts.

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2011 at 6:09 PM

He should’ve built a moat around the compound.

SouthernGent on May 10, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Both Saddam and Slobby were national leaders, by the way. Seems like Osama was simply leader of a bunch of murdering terrorists.

CLaFarge on May 10, 2011 at 6:11 PM

The wife is a nut. She marries the guy even though he is 25 -30 years younger than her after knowing him only a short time. When he is diagnosed with a serious illness, she divorces him?

Blake on May 10, 2011 at 6:12 PM

I wonder if Omar bin Laden is still living with this lady.

flipflop on May 10, 2011 at 6:12 PM

LMAO!

bernzright777 on May 10, 2011 at 6:09 PM

;)

Texas Gal on May 10, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Crap…I guess I should read earlier comments before posting one of my own.

flipflop on May 10, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Yo, Omar: ease up, Scooter. Remember what happened to Saddam’s sons, Ebay and Ixnay….

MrScribbler on May 10, 2011 at 6:16 PM

He should’ve built a moat around the compound.

SouthernGent on May 10, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Oh, like a little water is going to stop a Navy Seal.

CurtZHP on May 10, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Blake on May 10, 2011 at 6:12 PM

She had been married five or six times before marrying him. Islamic tradition with a twist? Kind of interesting, but anyway it isn’t surprising that she left when things became dicey….. patterns.

Cody1991 on May 10, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Something about “the world’s smallest violin” comes to mind …..

Jerome Horwitz on May 10, 2011 at 6:21 PM

I stole this photo of Osama’s funeral from Blackfive … pass it along..

Texas Gal on May 10, 2011 at 6:06 PM

haha!

JetBoy on May 10, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Hello, my name is Omar bin Laden. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Christien on May 10, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Omar, it’s like this: Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Kenosha Kid on May 10, 2011 at 6:23 PM

He processes facts like democrats do.

csdeven on May 10, 2011 at 5:51 PM

That’s because he’s suffering from schizophrenia.

No, I’m not kidding: http://abcnews.go.com/International/osama-bin-ladens-son-omar-hospitalized-schizophrenia/story?id=11128862

Hog Wild on May 10, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Texas Gal on May 10, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Nice! lol

tbear44 on May 10, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Hello, my name is Omar bin Laden. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Christien on May 10, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Stop saying that! lol

JetBoy on May 10, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Where was your outrage on September 12, 2001? Where is your pity for the doomed of September 11th as they flew into buildings or leaped from them?

There is no outrage that can be imposed by the United States, no humiliation that you could suffer, no demeaning act that could eclipse the very acts of your father against your family specifically and humanity in general.

I sincerely hope that he today resides in the innermost ring of hell, suffering its worst torment. He truly deserves it.

And might I add that this is just another example of when you would hope to hear from all of those “moderate Muslims” that we keep hearing about leaping to their feet to disavow themselves of these demons that act in their religion’s name. What do we have here? A man, the son of a demon, that invokes the name of his religion to defend the indefensible!

*fume*

turfmann on May 10, 2011 at 6:25 PM

What about Shemp bin Laden? What does he think?

exhelodrvr on May 10, 2011 at 6:25 PM

I do believe the message is coming through loud and clear.

Lily on May 10, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Someone should tell OBL’s son, remember 9/11? SURPRISE! Well guess what? 4/30/11, SURPRISE! Live with it, and just STFU!

GarandFan on May 10, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Someone should whack Omar too.

southsideironworks on May 10, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Seriously, anybody give a flying ph#q what this guy thinks?

Pick up an AK and join the jihad, azz****, our boys will put one between YOUR eyes too!

Tony737 on May 10, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Laying the case for a war crime trial of Obama?

Poetic justice. Sort of like social justice only more satisfiying.

petunia on May 10, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Omar. Dude. It’s not our fault. My President said that “no country wanted” your father’s (head tapped, bullet riddled) dead body.

The MEssiah thus spoketh.

BigAlSouth on May 10, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Kiss my @ass, bin Laden’s son.

nickj116 on May 10, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Guess “ass” isn’t censored, lol.

nickj116 on May 10, 2011 at 6:45 PM

GarandFan on May 10, 2011 at 6:38 PM

April 30th?

Christien on May 10, 2011 at 6:48 PM

malclave on May 10, 2011 at 5:54 PM

It’s fitting that the best lede in recent memory flowed into the Comment of the Day™.

Steve Eggleston on May 10, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Sometimes i feel shooting him in the head was too humane. We should of perched him on top of the Empire State Building for an unknown length of time and then pushed him off.

rjoco1 on May 10, 2011 at 6:54 PM

OBL has been married 5 times with 24 children.

I don’t think OBL’s 20 year old terrorist son is missing. The SEALS took a small library worth of Intel from the compound and what else? Sh1t happens one day you’re a 20 year old prince of terrorist, being groomed for terrorist leadership, the next day you are at a black op rendition site not being asked any questions by people who don’t exist. Who aren’t interested in what a bad a$$ you think you are. Omar Bin Laden, can’t be that naive and he really doesn’t want to go there. His Dad is sleeping with the fishes “It’s a Chicago Thang” you wouldn’t understand”Forgedaboudit”

Dr Evil on May 10, 2011 at 6:56 PM

It could be worse Omar Bin Laden could get a visit from some International Investment Bankers…..time to fold up your tent Omar don’t go there – Chicago don’t play.

Dr Evil on May 10, 2011 at 6:58 PM

bin Laden was humanely disposed of. He wasn’t dumped into the ocean until after he was dead. Our Navy is not the Argentine Navy, after all…

unclesmrgol on May 10, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I’m kind of bummed that this tool looks like Frank Zappa.

Sharke on May 10, 2011 at 7:01 PM

I’m kind of bummed that this tool looks like Frank Zappa.

Sharke on May 10, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Why, you think Frank would have said anything different?

unclesmrgol on May 10, 2011 at 7:03 PM

In related news, the following exclusive photo from Bin Laden’s funeral has been released.

Sharke on May 10, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Why, you think Frank would have said anything different?

unclesmrgol on May 10, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Sure.

Sharke on May 10, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Next!

No, not for small fry.

Caststeel on May 10, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Calvin Klein?

2ipa on May 10, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Aaaaand, I’m pretty sure no one cares because your dad was murderous scum.

jawkneemusic on May 10, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Sharke on May 10, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Yeah if Omar is patient eventually his tide will come in too :) It seems we are going to have to explain to the “Internationals” Just what it means when we elect a President from the Chicago Machine. Obama needed to do some housekeeping, he’s got campainin to do. Get Bin Laden, check.

“Osama bin Laden son ‘disappeared during compound raid’
Hamza bin Laden, the youngest son of Osama bin Laden, may have escaped capture during the Navy Seals raid that killed the al-Qaeda leader.”

Hamza Bin Laden is 20 years old, I wonder if he and Omar were close? He just disappeared during the raid on the compound LMAO. The C.I.A. had a safe house in Abbotabad, and had the compound under surveillance – Obama made sure the team was big enough to fight their way out of Pakistan if necessary so we are supposed to believe the C.I.A. wasn’t involved in any kind of back up in regards to the compound? The C.I.A. didn’t have plans for Hamza whom they had been watching?

Dr Evil on May 10, 2011 at 7:44 PM

What happened in Abbottabad was a military action, not a law enforcement action.

What happened was determined by the rules of engagement issued by GEN Petraeus.

Bin Laden was an enemy soldier. It was lawful to shoot to kill him.

slp on May 10, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Bin Laden was an enemy soldier. It was lawful to shoot to kill him.

slp on May 10, 2011 at 7:54 PM

He wasn’t any kind of solider, he was an enemy combatant Bin Laden didn’t wear any countries uniform and he wasn’t a mercenarie he was a terrorist.

Dr Evil on May 10, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Quit your whining, Omar.
He got buried in a more dignified fashion than he deserved.

OK, so maybe we scrimped on the shroud a bit.

justltl on May 10, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Calvin Klein?

2ipa on May 10, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Shouldn’t he beaten to death for wearing that? Or is that only if a chick wears it?

Need to brush up on my Sharia Law.

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 10, 2011 at 10:01 PM

I’m sure that the crabs are most respectful as they chow down on the Osama bin Laden.

RJL on May 10, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Bin Laden’s son: Hey, I’m pretty sure that raid was illegal

And I’m pretty sure you’re an a$$hole.

Dopenstrange on May 11, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Hey, bin laden’s son, I’m pretty sure your mother was a goat.

Ronnie on May 11, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Bin Laden’s son: Hey, I’m pretty sure that raid was illegal

Leading a global terrorist organization is also illegal, in most nations, especially those you’re attacking.

So, you’re point is? Anyway, are you saying you support the terrorism? And you’re his son? And is there any reason we shouldn’t focus the scope of our intel resources on YOUR possible support or involvement with these terrorist activities?

Lawrence on May 11, 2011 at 10:14 AM

The only thing wrng with that raid as that we left technology behind which might cost us. Little Bin Laden…be glad we let you live…..

I knew this was coming.

johnnyU on May 11, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Sec. State, USA
Washington DC.

Dear Omar,

We received you note and agree that we do indeed owe you a blood debt. Please fwd your address that we might deliver the JDAM err, ‘Settlement Check‘. To ensure it arrives in a timely manner we’ll be sure to send it via air mail.

Cheers,