Q-Poll: Is Sarah Palin unelectable?

posted at 7:52 pm on May 5, 2011 by Karl

If you took the latest Quinnipiac University poll at face value, you might think so:

However, there is ample reason to not take this poll at face value.

As political scientist John Sides has noted (with little effect on the establishment media, much to his chagrin) about 90% of the public is partisan and about 80-90% of those voters vote for their party’s candidate. Thus, presidential elections tend to turn on the difference in turnout between Republicans and Democrats and the distribution of the so-called Independent vote. On the latter factor, it is important to note that pollsters often treat Independents synonymously with swing voters, when only 7-10% of Independents are truly indepenedent. The rest are weak partisans who overwhelmingly vote their partisan sympathies. Incidentally, the folks at Quinnipiac know this and have been known to separate leaners out from true Indies — but it does not appear that they did so in this poll.

Accordingly, when turning back to the Q-Poll, it’s a good bet that some or most of the 24% of Republicans who told Quinnipiac they would never vote for Palin are fooling themselves. Conversely, 50% of Democrats may say they would consider voting for Mitt Romney, but the real answer is probably closer to the 91% who say they would never vote for Palin.

Palin also scores badly with so-called Indies in the Q-Poll: 58% say they would never vote for her. However, we don’t know how many of the true independents are in that group, as opposed to Democrat leaners. Indeed, with Democratic Party ID hitting a 22-year low at the same time as a high for Independent ID, it is a fair bet that the number of Democrat leaners has been on the rise.

Nevertheless, the Q-Poll does hold some basic lessons about a prospective Palin candidacy. Because partisan turnout is a key factor to winning, Sarah’s supporters often claim that she energizes the GOP base in a way that her potential rivals do not. The Q-Poll (and most polls about hypothetical 2012 fields) suggest Palinistas are overstating their case. The number of voters — both in general and among Republicans — who say they are enthusiastic about voting for Palin are not significantly higher than those for Romney or Mike Huckabee. Moreover, some GOPers who say they would never vote for Palin may be fooling themselves, but that 24% suggests a lack of enthusiasm for Palin as a standard-bearer (dismiss such folks as RINOs, but they also affect turnout).

Similarly, while Palin’s problems with Indies may be overstated, her showing with them remains at least a caution flag. Based on the Q-Poll, we simply don’t know to what extent Palin has turned off true Independents, which is crucial in her case because she (unlike all of her potential rivals) is near-universally known. If she has lost that 7-10% of the electorate, it would take a much bigger shift in the overall political environment to win them over, relative to other possible GOP nominees. Furthermore, her poor score with so-called Independents — even if we acknowledge that many are Democrat leaners — may also speak to enthusiasm and turnout. Palin certainly excites a segment of the GOP base, but she may also boost Democratic enthusiasm.

Reading the Q-Poll against the fairly strong trends in presidential elections discussed here, I would hypothesize that Palin’s actual profile probably resembles that of another candidate tested in the poll: Newt Gingrich. He is well-known. Roughly 12% of Republicans say they will not vote for him. He scores poorly with Independents and worse with Democrats. If this hypothesis is correct, we would expect the percentage of voters who would never vote for Palin to be somewhere in the high-30s to low-40s (Republicans would be more enthused about Palin than Gingrich). Is such a candidate electable? You betcha — but if you imagine trying to elect Newt, you can imagine that it might not be easy.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 6

Sure she is unelectable.
Bcs she has a wag!na.

Badger40 on May 5, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Badger40 on May 5, 2011 at 7:55 PM

I think that is the biggest issue with both parties. Otherwise Hillary might be President right now, or at there’s the possibility Palin would be VP right now.

capejasmine on May 5, 2011 at 7:58 PM

She’s definitely not as sharp as that Daniels guy – I really like the cut of that boy’s jib. I think it’s a fine idea to have a VAT tax on everything – like our superiors in Europe do almost universally.

Sarah Palin simply stands for cutting government and more liberty … outdated ideas!

Tally Ho!!

HondaV65 on May 5, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Considering what is currently in office, I would say no.

PBoilermaker on May 5, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Well if she runs, I will vote for her. Palin/West 2012!
L

letget on May 5, 2011 at 7:59 PM

I love that picture and I think she`s electable. It`d be her own campaign, getting her message out her way. People can change their minds, especially when they consider the other option……. Obama and his policies.

ThePrez on May 5, 2011 at 7:59 PM

For someone so “Unelectable,” she sure draws large crowds and strikes terror in the hearts of the elites, both right and left!

Palin/West 2012!

texanpride on May 5, 2011 at 8:00 PM

I have an idea – let’s have a primary and find out!

massrighty on May 5, 2011 at 8:00 PM

You want to believe Republicans are fooling themselves so you don’t have to think about Palin being unelectable?

Really?

It is what it is. I can’t believe someone is using voodoo logic to say why these poll numbers are “wrong”.

ButterflyDragon on May 5, 2011 at 8:00 PM

capejasmine on May 5, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Too many men in this country look at an uppity woman & think b!tch or is it that time of the month or something?
America is still a chauvanistic country in a lotta ways.
As a woman, I have experienced my fair share of sexual discrimination.

Badger40 on May 5, 2011 at 8:01 PM

HondaV65 on May 5, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Does someone like Mitch scare you?.. :)

Dire Straits on May 5, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Not a single Republican candidate besides Palin will be able to match Bambi’s “optics”. No one talks about this.

Optics matter. Palin has them. That’s why the Dems are petrified. I don’t see a roaring crowd filling an arena for Pawlen-Ging-Rom-Pickem. Ever.

The Mega Independent on May 5, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Considering what is currently in office, I would say no.

PBoilermaker on May 5, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Considering what’s currently in office Hillary would be a Godsend.

BigWyo on May 5, 2011 at 8:01 PM

I’ll vote for her in the primary and General election.

portlandon on May 5, 2011 at 8:01 PM

She is definitely electable.
After this current situation no one looks dumber than Obama.
I in no way think she is dumb but that’s one of the main things used against her.

ORconservative on May 5, 2011 at 8:02 PM

I have an idea – let’s have a primary and find out!

massrighty on May 5, 2011 at 8:00 PM

I’m game.
And until then, how ’bout everybody just STFU about it & stick to the facts about person A & B?

Badger40 on May 5, 2011 at 8:02 PM

If all the stars align perfectly, Palin is electable.

I am known for shooting down the silliness that starts when her fans get together. It is so incredibly annoying to me! Sorry.

But I can see circumstances where she may be our best hope this cycle. I think those would be very scary times… but I am not ruling her out all together. We may need her.

I also think she is young enough, and smart enough, if she really wants to be President, she could be, if she would listen to her well meaning critics–like Rove and Krauthammer and others she has pushed away, and become the woman her fans believe her to be.

2012 is not the last election we will ever have.

If Palin works on the things that make her so unpopular, she could emerge as a spectacular candidate in the future.

petunia on May 5, 2011 at 8:02 PM

These polls are meaningless until we have a campaign and if Palin wins the nomination, until we have her on the same stage as Obama. And then you have to look at the fundamentals, what is the unemployment rate? Have we’ve been attacked? What is the debt situation? What is the price of gas? Etc. These polls don’t measure those so they’re bunk.

milemarker2020 on May 5, 2011 at 8:03 PM

We Palinistas have never overstated anything ever at any time. Ever.

portlandon on May 5, 2011 at 8:03 PM

i don’t really think 99% of the folks who think she’s electable honestly believe so. there’s no way on earth palin is ever, and i mean EVER going to be president. we need to get real about that and look for a candidate who can take out obama.

i think you’ll find a lot of conservatives, like myself, will simply sit the election out if palin is the candidate.

TheBlueSite on May 5, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Sorry.

petunia on May 5, 2011 at 8:02 PM

I accept your apology.

portlandon on May 5, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Everything Obama does every day makes Palin more and more electable.

Who can take the greatest American military coup in a decade and turn it into an incoherent, embarrassing clusterfark?

Obama Can!

profitsbeard on May 5, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Obama has proven without a shadow of a doubt that anybody can be elected.

TheBigOldDog on May 5, 2011 at 8:04 PM

On the latter factor, it is important to note that pollsters often treat Independents synonymously with swing voters, when only 7-10% of Independents are truly indepenedent. The rest are weak partisans who overwhelmingly vote their partisan sympathies. Incidentally, the folks at Quinnipiac know this and have been known to separate leaners out from true Indies —but it does not appear that they did so in this poll.

I wonder why not.

Kataklysmic on May 5, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Where’s all the Trolls???

We got a Bush thread up, we got a Palin thread up???

The Ogabe Admin goes dark on the O UBL whack………

WTF?? This is starting to creep me out…..

BigWyo on May 5, 2011 at 8:07 PM

If she’s on the ticket, she’ll get my vote.

hawkdriver on May 5, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Sarah Palin’s biggest hurdle will be the backstabbers on her own side, from DC insiders to talking heads to bloggers. If Palin were just treated with respect by her own side she would instantly become electable.

Ted Torgerson on May 5, 2011 at 8:07 PM

WTF?? This is starting to creep me out…..

BigWyo on May 5, 2011 at 8:07 PM

I think they’re required to wait 16 hours before they comment.

hawkdriver on May 5, 2011 at 8:08 PM

…it’s a good bet that some or most of the 24% of Republicans who told Quinnipiac they would never vote for Palin are fooling themselves.

Maybe…I’m no Palinista, but if she somehow becomes the GOP nominee, she has my vote.

JetBoy on May 5, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I just can’t…..I just cannot look at Huckabee as a viable candidate for America. He will always be looked at as a rube….a redneck, snake oil salesman, hick.

The man makes me want to tune to the Christian Network. He ain’t Presidential material. The man has no fire in his belly that can ignite excitement. He’s a classic milquetoast bore.

Twana on May 5, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Palin is gaining strength, day by day. Hey, lefties, beware the Saracuda.

petefrt on May 5, 2011 at 8:11 PM

petunia on May 5, 2011 at 8:02 PM

I respect your honest angle on Palin. I also have the impression you’d be first in line if she gets the nod. Whoever it is in 2012, I can’t wait to cast my vote against President Obama and his entire media entourage.

hawkdriver on May 5, 2011 at 8:12 PM

2012 is not the last election we will ever have.

petunia on May 5, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Don’t be too certain of that.

I work with, and deal with, a large number of devout CChristians who firmly believe that, when (not if) Obama is re-elected, that it will be the last herald of the Beginnings of Revelations.

Not that he is the anti-Christ, but that it will require an anti-Israel president as part of what they see in the scriptures.

Oh, and please, DO NOT take me to task for this, it is not my belief, but that of many around me.

Siddhartha Vicious on May 5, 2011 at 8:12 PM

JetBoy on May 5, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I agree!..:)

Dire Straits on May 5, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Where’s unseen? I eagerly await my daily chuckle.

JetBoy on May 5, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Did I mention, I can’t wait?

hawkdriver on May 5, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I think they’re required to wait 16 hours before they comment.

hawkdriver on May 5, 2011 at 8:08 PM

HEH!!!

BigWyo on May 5, 2011 at 8:13 PM

58% would never vote for Palin but only 27% would never vote for Ron Paul?

Plainly 98% know virtually nothing important about either.

Seth Halpern on May 5, 2011 at 8:14 PM

I have an idea – let’s have a primary and find out!

massrighty on May 5, 2011 at 8:00 PM

+1 million.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Badger40 on May 5, 2011 at 7:55 PM

capejasmine on May 5, 2011 at 7:58 PM

If that makes you feel better okay, but I think the right woman won’t have trouble. I think both these women are very polarizing.

Their politics is on either end of the spectrum and they are both very confrontational. Ridgedly ideological people who are also confrontational don’t become President!

If Reagan had gotten in people’s face and mocked them he would never have been President! His was a gentle, friendly, opponent who was very careful to make it clear it was policy, not personal.

Obama had to pretend he was very moderate and open to other view points to get elected. He ran as a healer. People vote for healers, male or female.

It isn’t gender. It is style.

petunia on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Palin is ignorant, shallow, and deeply lacking in character — and hence the quintessential GOP candidate.

bifidis on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Palin has my vote, my volunteer time, and my campaign contributions (that aren’t going to Chip Cravaack and Kirk Lippold for Congress)…

Run Sarah RUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Khun Joe on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Palin will receive my vote, my donation, my voice and my time.

Socmodfiscon on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Sure she is unelectable.
Bcs she has a wag!na.

Badger40 on May 5, 2011 at 7:55 PM

You be bad, very funny.

wi farmgirl on May 5, 2011 at 8:16 PM

But…but…but….IT’S MY TURN!!!!!!

/RINOofthemonth

CurtZHP on May 5, 2011 at 8:16 PM

All these are polls are crap – until the day Sarah Palin says: “I am running”.

Then run a poll

jake-the-goose on May 5, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Palin Obama is ignorant, shallow, and deeply lacking in character — and hence the quintessential GOP Democratic candidate.

bifidis on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

FIFY…

Khun Joe on May 5, 2011 at 8:17 PM

I have an idea – let’s have a primary and find out!

massrighty on May 5, 2011 at 8:00 PM

But, but they want us to let them decide because their sooo much smarter.

wi farmgirl on May 5, 2011 at 8:17 PM

bicurious on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Textbook leftist projection.

CurtZHP on May 5, 2011 at 8:17 PM

petunia on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Petunia, I think we do a lot to allow the media to polarize us.

hawkdriver on May 5, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Khun Joe on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Socmodfiscon on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Whoa jinx!

Socmodfiscon on May 5, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Palin is in the same the same position as Reagan was, almost exactly

georgealbert on May 5, 2011 at 8:18 PM

bifidis on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

The racist is back.

hawkdriver on May 5, 2011 at 8:18 PM

JetBoy on May 5, 2011 at 8:10 PM

You’ve come a long way JetBoy.

wi farmgirl on May 5, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Some presidents, like Eisenhower, had a distinct advantage while serving. I think Sarah has an advantage for this time in our history. We may need her more than we think.

obleo on May 5, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Palin is the only candidate with the charisma to win vs Obama

georgealbert on May 5, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Sarah equals landslide. Bye bye Obama. Bye bye RINO’s – she doesn’t care what party they come from – get out of the Country’s way. Bring it on, Sarah….

suzyk on May 5, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Sure she is unelectable.
Bcs she has a wag!na.

Badger40 on May 5, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Speaking as a woman(looks down shirt just to be certain) might I say that’s BS!

The sexism charge is getting old…and it’s not true.
I don’t vote for someone on the basis of gender-I vote on the basis of whether I feel they’re qualified-and honestly…the people I consider to be most qualified…aint runnin’.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 5, 2011 at 8:20 PM

bifidis on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Obama is incompetent, callow, and deeply lacking in testicular follow-through, hence the quintessential Dem candidate.

Tit meet Tat.

profitsbeard on May 5, 2011 at 8:20 PM

petunia on May 5, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Don’t be too certain of that.

Siddhartha Vicious on May 5, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Okay, but there is a reason we are not told when the Lord will come. Because we are not to stop trying! We need to keep trying until He says the work is done.

petunia on May 5, 2011 at 8:21 PM

bifidis on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

When I was seven I used to say mean things to girls to get their attention.

obleo on May 5, 2011 at 8:22 PM

obleo on May 5, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Gov. Palin’s a good woman-but I don’t need a political figure. Ever.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 5, 2011 at 8:22 PM

I’m an independent and have voted both parties. I strongly oppose Obama but if Palin is the Republican candidate, I’ll vote 3rd party or stay at home. I disagree with her FP and she doesn’t have the executive experience (or a plan) to get Americans back to work. I want to vote for someone who understands the economy and knows what it takes to get jobs back here. Palin is a good parrot but doesn’t have the executive depth and experience to put together a team to tackle a job this big and this ismportant

c.j.ammenheuser on May 5, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Show me one election in recent history in which the winner didn’t win a majority of Independents.

Independents- “leaners” or not, are easily swayed to the other side; that’s what makes them Independents.

I see this post as little more than wishcasting. When 58% tell you that they’d never vote for Palin, no amount of spin makes her any less unelectable.

Hollowpoint on May 5, 2011 at 8:22 PM

In what country!!

canopfor on May 5, 2011 at 8:22 PM

georgealbert on May 5, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Reagan was widely seen as ignorant and uneducated? He was a national joke before running for president? I don’t think so.

thphilli on May 5, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Palin is the only candidate with the charisma to win vs Obama

georgealbert on May 5, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Oh, boy. That’s what I look for in a candidate…charisma and a cute wink.

JetBoy on May 5, 2011 at 8:23 PM

bifidis on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

At least you can fix ignorant, shallow and even character.

But Obama’s problem… you can’t fix stupid.

petunia on May 5, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Until unseen and Co steps into the fray, I’ll stand up and say HELL YES, Sarah Palin is most certainly electable! ;-)

If anyone has any doubt, look at all of the ongoing efforts to destroy this woman. You don’t bother with neutralized targets unless you perceive a threat. Palin has been living in her foes’ heads rent free for years, and there is no danger of them evicting her anytime soon.

Should Palin get into the contest and actually WIN it all, I expect no less than for liberal/statist/elitist heads to explode all at once, and exit visa applications soar to an all-time high.

Stock up on the popcorn – 2012 will be an interesting year.

itzWicks on May 5, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Palin is in the same the same position as Reagan was, almost exactly

georgealbert on May 5, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Except in almost every respect.

Hollowpoint on May 5, 2011 at 8:25 PM

JetBoy on May 5, 2011 at 8:10 PM

JetBoy:Come out of the Palinista Dark,to the SarahCudian
Light,and help out,

the SarahCudian Revolutionary Voter Guards,in her
quest to win the GOP/Tea Party Holy Gr..,crap,I mean
nominee!!!!!!!!!!!!!(snark):)

canopfor on May 5, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Another Sarah Palin thread.

May I just respectfully observe: LINK BAIT!!

NickDeringer on May 5, 2011 at 8:28 PM

But, but they want us to let them decide because their sooo much smarter.

wi farmgirl on May 5, 2011 at 8:17 PM

I know you were being sarcastic *(not everything needs a tag,)* but they’re not really all that smart. For proof, look no further than how all these supposedly smart people squandered their public-relations boon this week. They said too much, too hastily, and then had to walk back/revise/retell way too much of the story. Fewer details would have been better, and they never seem to learn this.

How smart are they, really? They get played by events, tripped up on their own mistakes, and keep having to fix things they broke.

Since football analogies are a theme this week: they go all the way to the five yard line, then stop and sit down…

massrighty on May 5, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Palin/West/2012!!

Palin/Bolten/2012!!

Now that would totally cement the Foreign Policy
into a Brilliant Dynamic Dou!!

Cain,West,Bachmann,into Leadership roles,of some sort!

canopfor on May 5, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Reagan was thought to be an amiable dunce and stupid. That was before he was elected in a landslide. Yes, Sarah Palin can win. Don’t believe what the Make Believe Media is selling you. They don’t want Sarah Palin to even “Think” about running and instead will be happy to pick out another Mavericky John McCain for us. How did that work out for us the last time.

Pelosi delende est on May 5, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Ideas and principles matter. Love her or hate her, at least Palin ain’t afraid to share. Too much timidity on the Right, plus a fear of the MSM equals caving material with a RINO face.

Thanks, but no sale here. I’ll take Palin over someone who will say or do anything to get elected, and then go all wobbly when the hard choices for the future have to be made.

At least she won’t have Alaskan nuisance laws to contend with this time. And EVERYONE will be paying attention.

itzWicks on May 5, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Palin Obama is ignorant, shallow, and deeply lacking in character — and hence the quintessential GOP nutter leftwing candidate.

bifidis on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Fixed.

jawkneemusic on May 5, 2011 at 8:30 PM

bifidis on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Offering any proof today?

massrighty on May 5, 2011 at 8:31 PM

JetBoy on May 5, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Jet: I heard that John Bolton is thinking of throwing his hat in the ring.
FEAR THE ‘STACHE!

annoyinglittletwerp on May 5, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Except in almost every respect.

Hollowpoint on May 5, 2011 at 8:25 PM

And which respects would those be?

steebo77 on May 5, 2011 at 8:31 PM

T-minus Till Debate at 9:00PM.

canopfor on May 5, 2011 at 8:32 PM

canopfor on May 5, 2011 at 8:29 PM
Excuse me Dire-i mean canopfor-it’s ‘Bolton’-not ‘Bolten’.
*ducks*

annoyinglittletwerp on May 5, 2011 at 8:33 PM

The question is, can polls be a reliable source?

Answer, nope.

I’ll agree that whomever makes the GOP ticket, I’ll vote for.
Even if it were mittens, I still hold my nose.

Kini on May 5, 2011 at 8:34 PM

bifidis on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Care to point out specific examples of her ignorance, shallowness, or lack of character?

steebo77 on May 5, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Palin should do great in the debate tonight.

Oooo..wait.

NickDeringer on May 5, 2011 at 8:34 PM

I SO enjoy the head splitting heebie jeebies SP gives the drolling left. The smell of fear is all about them like a San Francisco fog bank.

44Magnum on May 5, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Thank you Allahpundit for a reasonable Palin post (actually 2 w/ the one from yesterday). I have one issue though:

Sorry, this is simply wrong. NO ONE in the GOP has the underlying waiting in the wings grassroots support Palin has. I don’t see many independent c4p or o4p blogs or close 3M FB followers for Huck or Mitt.

davek70 on May 5, 2011 at 8:34 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on May 5, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Reasonable point.

obleo on May 5, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Kini on May 5, 2011 at 8:34 PM

I won’t vote for Huck or the Ronulan-otherwise I agree.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 5, 2011 at 8:35 PM

I think they’re required to wait 16 hours before they comment.

hawkdriver on May 5, 2011 at 8:08 PM

HEH!!!

BigWyo on May 5, 2011 at 8:13 PM

bifidis on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

TaaHH DaaaaHH!!

BigWyo on May 5, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Palin is in the same the same position as Reagan was, almost exactly

georgealbert on May 5, 2011 at 8:18 PM

She is well connected in liberal Hollywood? She was President of the actors union? Has she dealt directly with communnists in Hollywood, state government and nationally?

Was she twice elected governor of one of the most diverse states with an economy the size of many countries, did she sucessfully govern during the golden years of that state for eight years? Has she worked tirelessly for decades to promote other canidates and build the party?

After decades of honing both her message, and her delivery of that message, and after several failed attempts at getting the nomination, she is finally ready to become the nominee of her party? And is she already in her seventies?

Honestly, I am sick of people pretending Reagan did not fail and did not learn from his mistakes, for decades! They need to be their own person… we can not clone Reagan! That set of qualifications will never happen again!

Reagan was one of the most qualified people who ever became President.

petunia on May 5, 2011 at 8:36 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on May 5, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Reasonable point.

obleo on May 5, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Thanks.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 5, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Let’s see 2 weeks ago gallup was out with a poll showing 65% of the population would never vote for Gov Palin. Two weeks later that number is down to 58% based on one speech in Madison WI, a website launch and three fox interivews. I don’t think “never vote for” means what they think it means.

Palin just got a 7% bounce for doing a couple little things to keep her name as a possible candidate.

this poll itself shows her getting a major surge in the polls form last month.

Now polls this far out are meaningless and basically the only thing you can take away from them if anything is the trends. Palin’s numbers went down after Tucson bottomed out over the last 3 months as the “she isn’t running meme took hold and ar enow on an uptick. the mor emoves she makes to run the mor eher numbers go up.

And then of course ther eis that pesky detail of a campaign. which with Palin being flawless for the last 2 years and having gone through the fire while other s like Mitt and mitch make gaffe after gaffe I think it is safe to think Palin will give them all a run for their money.

unseen on May 5, 2011 at 8:36 PM

JetBoy:Come out of the Palinista Dark,to the SarahCudian
Light,and help out,

canopfor on May 5, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Who knows, canop…one day, it just may happen. :)

JetBoy on May 5, 2011 at 8:36 PM

petunia on May 5, 2011 at 8:02 PM

The things that make Palin so unpopular are not what she does or says. It’s what the media says she does or says. In other words, it’s media lies that are her biggest problem.

“If I believed every thing that is said or written about me, I wouldn’t vote for me either.”

-Sarah Palin

NoNails on May 5, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Does someone like Mitch scare you?.. :)

Dire Straits on May 5, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Mitch only scares me if he’s elected President – I’m not a fan of VAT taxes personally – I travel to Europe and can see how expensive things are there because of the VAT. And – anyone who will “entertain” a VAT will entertain other taxes too. Once you open that door in your head ya know … hard to close it.

But … I’m not worried cuz he won’t be elected. He’s the only Republican in the field with a worse messaging problem than Obama.

HondaV65 on May 5, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Fox News Online Live Feed Streaming of GOP Debate
=================================================

Republican Presidential Debate
Thursday, 9p ET: The GOP hopefuls meet in the all-important first Republican Presidential Debate!
*************************************

canopfor on May 5, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Jet: I heard that John Bolton is thinking of throwing his hat in the ring.
FEAR THE ‘STACHE!

annoyinglittletwerp on May 5, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Heck, my dream ticket is Daniels/Bolton FTW

JetBoy on May 5, 2011 at 8:38 PM

bifidis on May 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM

did they have a buy one get one free sale on the kool-aid over at daily Kos today?

unseen on May 5, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Polls…Gawd how I hate them.

Most enthusiastic candidate but won’t vote for her….now THAT’S crazy.
This woman is the best chance we got to get Obama out.
-She speaks from the heart…nothing, nothing scares her….not “political correctness”, the “good old boys” or dictators.
-She loves her God, her family, her country, and the military, those are all the things I love!
-She supports the “common guy” that the elitests in DC have forgotten about…ie, that means us, that means she’s got our back.
-She one of the smartest around on oil/energy which is who we need.
-she knows how to work hard and isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty.
-she talks the talk and walks the walk…try to deny that.
-she keeps Obama,the libs and the MSM talking in their sleep.

Plus this……
“A picture says a thousand words.”

Am I wrong about any of this?…Who else would you want as POTUS?
I really would like to understand why people don’t think she’s electable.

Okay….I’m off my soapbox. Bring it on.

tencole on May 5, 2011 at 8:40 PM