Open thread: Obama versus Trump at White House Correspondents’ Dinner

posted at 6:30 pm on April 30, 2011 by Allahpundit

C-SPAN’s coverage starts at 6:45 ET (livestreaming online right here) with a view of the red carpet as celebrities and “celebrities” make their way in. Any reason to spend hours watching reporters congratulate themselves on being important, punctuated by Obama goofing on his political enemies and then Seth Meyers goofing on Obama’s political enemies?

Yep, there is this year.

The White House Correspondents’ Dinner is this Saturday, and, as usual, media organizations (including our own) have been scrambling to land celebrity guests to pack their ballroom tables. And, as usual, the names run the gamut of glamorous to titillating. But in the run-up to what’s been dubbed “Nerd Prom,” one invitation has stood out: the Washington Post is slated to bring Donald Trump, birther presidential candidate and reality TV star…

We did not find too many people at the Post willing to talk about the Trump invite… But a newsroom employee who asked to remain anonymous [said]: “It’s embarrassing but so is the entire affair.” Another Post source defended the invite–to a point. “I understand where the question comes from, but the guy is at the top of the polls. He’s No. 1,” the source said. “Look, the guy wants to play in the deep end of the pool, so fine, let him.” The source also pointed out that the Post extended its WHCD invitation when Trump’s birther candidacy was considered a publicity stunt instead of credible. “Imagine if the Post decided, ‘You’re not invited.’ Then you would be doing a different story.”…

Trump’s harshest critic at the Post so far has been conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer, who called Trump a “provocateur and clown” who “can only hurt the [Republican] party” with his questions about Obama’s birthplace. We asked him whether he shared Klein’s embarrassment at being affiliated with him through the WHCD. “He’s a spectacle,” he said. “If I took the White House Correspondent’s Dinner any more seriously than the Trump candidacy than it would bother me. But I don’t. Like Trump, it’s a spectacle.”

Bristol Palin will be there too — and so might Sarah, who dropped by the WHCD brunch this morning in D.C. I can’t find confirmation online that she’ll be at tonight’s dinner, but if she’s decided at the last minute that she wants to go, rest assured that she’ll get in. Obama, Trump, and Palin, all in the same room? What could go wrong?

Comment below if you’re watching, which, let’s face it, most of us will be. Exit question: Trump’s going to end up heckling The One, isn’t he?

Update: Alas, Palin won’t be there after all. According to Ian Lazaran of Conservatives4Palin, she’s giving a speech in Bethesda tonight.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8 9

You seem to be quite a fan of Ryan but in the real world he’s not such a threat to anybody.
promachus on April 30, 2011 at 11:15 PM

What the heck is it with you and your Ryan hatred?

Vince on April 30, 2011 at 11:39 PM

CSpan has thrown this up on youtube already.

cynccook on April 30, 2011 at 11:39 PM

OmahaConservative:Liberals are all the same,whether is
the US of A,or Canada!:)

canopfor on April 30, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Amen, good brother…

OmahaConservative on April 30, 2011 at 11:40 PM

canopfor on April 30, 2011 at 11:10 PM
============
I think Obama has a lot of enemies out there by now, Trump should pick them up.

the_nile on April 30, 2011 at 11:15 PM

the_nile: Dats good,enemy of my enemy thingy!

canopfor on April 30, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Dave Rywall on April 30, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Misinformed as usual, Rywall.

Ronald Reagan and the first President Bush were class items at both the Alfalfa Club and the WHCD events. Fun, classy, and all zingers were self-depreciating. For every year of their 12 years as president. Even Richard Nixon was funnier and classier than this year’s Obama performance at both the Alfalfa Club and the WHCD events for 5 years.

You can look it up.

NaCly dog on April 30, 2011 at 11:41 PM

What the heck is it with you and your Ryan hatred?

Vince on April 30, 2011 at 11:39 PM

No hate. He just hasn’t shown enough fight and he seems to be much beholden to establishment. If he hasn’t figured out by now that nothing can be done by playing footsie with the RINOs he’s just a waste of time.

Actually, I have open mind about him. Hope he doesn’t become another Chris Christie.

promachus on April 30, 2011 at 11:42 PM

canopfor on April 30, 2011 at 11:38 PM
===========
Amen, good brother…

OmahaConservative on April 30, 2011 at 11:40 PM

OmahaConservative:True dat,and,its been a blast OC,
I’m bugging out,

GoodNight Patriot:)

canopfor on April 30, 2011 at 11:42 PM

It sounds like Obama left the bc issue behind him and got totally serious about the debt tonight.

txhsmom on April 30, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Trump has nobody to blame but himself. He’s turned himself into a national joke.

Mark1971 on April 30, 2011 at 10:35 PM

You’re so right – it’s not the fault of our Mom-Jeans-wearing-throws-like-a-girl-Metrosexual-in-Chief’s fault at all that Trump was focused upon because 0bamessiah’s non-existent skin precluded Him from allowing Himself to be the main target of the roasting.

I can’t quite figure out why what you said reminds me of the proverbial ‘If only she hadn’t worn those skimpy clothes, she wouldn’t have gotten raped.’ Maybe you will help me understand? :)

Bizarro No. 1 on April 30, 2011 at 11:43 PM

It’s such shocking material that nobody saw coming.

Dave Rywall on April 30, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Heh. Good luck with

Premature Jack Layton

Been to an “Asian massage parlors” lately?

tetriskid on April 30, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Otay,I’m out,

GoodNight everyone———————–:)

canopfor on April 30, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Mr. Trump aloofly handles the juvenile press and nervously ridiculing chief executive as if he’s already president. Agree with Donald or not I like to see strong leadership at the helm, this administration exudes malaise. Donald may not be a loyal repub, which is why I would vote for him.

Rea1ityCheck on April 30, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Trump is in something of a spot if he fires back because it will be portrayed as sour grapes and ungracious.

It would be nice if he had some allies who could do it for him, but the GOP isn’t going to. They would rather be on Obama’s team.

sharrukin on April 30, 2011 at 11:25 PM

He knows the game.

What would you do if you were a well connected multi millionaire , rollover?..

the_nile on April 30, 2011 at 11:44 PM

what an awesome sour lemon sucking fest at hotair

Dave Rywall on April 30, 2011 at 11:25 PM

The high gas prices, high grocery prices, high debt, and ZERO leadership from Obama, tends to have that effect on real people.

TN Mom on April 30, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Otay,I’m out,

GoodNight everyone———————–:)

canopfor on April 30, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Me, too. Got to get the dog out one last time. He’s sitting here with his legs crossed.

It’s been real.

Nite all.

GrannyDee on April 30, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Premature Jack Layton

Been to an “Asian massage parlors” lately?

tetriskid on April 30, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Mistress Drywall wouldn’t know what to do with Jack.
She has a dry fist.

OmahaConservative on April 30, 2011 at 11:45 PM

G’night all.
I’m out too. Divine Service and all that….

OmahaConservative on April 30, 2011 at 11:46 PM

txhsmom on April 30, 2011 at 11:42 PM

You know this means that Whoopie’s Race Card is no longer valid! Lol!

TN Mom on April 30, 2011 at 11:48 PM

promachus on April 30, 2011 at 11:42 PM

He actually was a lot better than most Republicans I heard after Obama’s nasty budget speech where he tried to belittle Ryan.

Christie, I can’t really figure him out yet.

Vince on April 30, 2011 at 11:48 PM

What the heck is it with you and your Ryan hatred?

Vince on April 30, 2011 at 11:39 PM

promachus on April 30, 2011 at 11:42 PM

I would say his budget is a well thought out fight back.

tinkerthinker on April 30, 2011 at 11:49 PM

If I had ever had a question that the President of my United States despises everything I stand for, tonight sealed the deal.

sybilll on April 30, 2011 at 11:50 PM

The equivalent to what happened tonight would have been Bush making fat jokes about Michael Moore.

karlant on April 30, 2011 at 11:52 PM

What would you do if you were a well connected multi millionaire , rollover?..

the_nile on April 30, 2011 at 11:44 PM

No, but he needs help and it would be nice if someone on our side helped him.

sharrukin on April 30, 2011 at 11:52 PM

promachus on April 30, 2011 at 11:42 PM

The problem with that theory is that there are only two people besides yourself that you haven’t called a RINO. (Not exactly two… it’s hyperbole.)

It maybe hard to get things done trying to work with “RINOs” but it is even harder all by your little lonesome.

petunia on April 30, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Øbama seems to like using his podium to bash folks in his audience, starting with the Supreme Court Justices in his SOTU address. The little coward thinks he can bully them while they can’t talk back.

petefrt on April 30, 2011 at 11:54 PM

petefrt on April 30, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Hmmm…or like Paul Ryan, sitting in the front row of his budget speech….oh, so that’s what they mean by bully pulpit!

cynccook on April 30, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Wonder if Sarah Palin enjoyed her long overdue break from liberal bashing tonite, while Trump was buried in it? Game on.. full speed ahead.

idesign on April 30, 2011 at 11:59 PM

HalJordan on April 30, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Are you sure God made him? I have my doubts…

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on May 1, 2011 at 12:00 AM

We are at war people. Not some countryclub outing. Stop shooting our generals and your fellow soldiers in the back and fight damn you.

unseen on April 30, 2011 at 10:50 PM

I amended what you said a bit. Trump isn’t the real enemy. Palin isn’t. Neither are Birthers.

Some on the Right don’t seem to understand that being a snippy, toxic teammate, like Terrell Owens or Randy Moss, is counterproductive and unadmirable.

Bizarro No. 1 on May 1, 2011 at 12:03 AM

sybilll on April 30, 2011 at 11:50 PM

For me, it was when Obama signed the Financial-Regulation bill in the Ronald Reagan Building. His arrogance is shocking.

The Racers say I don’t like Obama because he is black; hahaha! I don’t like Obama because he is mean, snarky, arrogant, and his policies are destroying America.

TN Mom on May 1, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Are you sure God made him? I have my doubts…

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on May 1, 2011 at 12:00 AM

We all have bad days.

HalJordan on May 1, 2011 at 12:04 AM

petefrt on April 30, 2011 at 11:54 PM

That’s what makes it despicable. You’re the leader of the free world with a captive audience and you use that power to try to destroy another person.

karlant on May 1, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Sarah Palin is at the Bloomberg/Vanity Fair after-party.

SnarkVader on May 1, 2011 at 12:08 AM

karlant on May 1, 2011 at 12:05 AM

He couldn’t lead a conga line at a drunken wedding reception let alone the Free World.

darwin-t on May 1, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Class and good spirits are indignant. One Obama looked like hell, the other behaved like it.

Trump should have shown a better sense of self-deprecation, while taking notes. He’s on a mission, no doubt.

He lives in the little man’s brain, like a cancer.

Schadenfreude on May 1, 2011 at 12:12 AM

darwin-t on May 1, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Agree, just saying, it’s a misuse of his office. Those of use who are already skeptical of the use of power cringe when we see it used like this.

karlant on May 1, 2011 at 12:13 AM

what an awesome sour lemon sucking fest at hotair

Dave Rywall on April 30, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Fcuk you.

OmahaConservative on April 30, 2011 at 11:26 PM

My exact thought, vocalized but not posted. What psychosis produces a “Drywall”?

We don’t need a political revo!ution, we need a miraculous breakthrough in mental health treatment.

Soon.

Who is John Galt on May 1, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I know I posted this on another thread, last night, but I am more convinced that Obama played the birth certificate issue like an Alinsky fiddle. This from page 100 of “Rules for Radicals;

“The job of the organizer is to maneuver and bait the establishment so that it will publicly attack him as a “dangerous enemy.” The word “enemy” is sufficient to put the organizer on the side of the people, to identify him with the Have-Nots, but it is not enough to endow him with the special qualities that induce fear and thus give him the means to establish his own power against the establishment.”

This paragraph ends with “Now the organizer has his “birth certificate” and can begin.”

Obama WANTED the birth certificate buzz, to paint himself as a victim. HE chose the moment to produce his birth certificate to gain his desired affect.

Star20 on May 1, 2011 at 12:18 AM

They are re-airing this and Obama just took the podium. I am going to have to suffer through this because of the comments here, I want to hear how

karenhasfreedom on May 1, 2011 at 12:22 AM

hit enter, hmm, finishing post above.

I need to hear this first hand how horrible he is and the guy afterward.

karenhasfreedom on May 1, 2011 at 12:23 AM

“He’s our buddy! We appreciate and respect Donald Trump” – Sarah Palin (April 30, 2011)

HalJordan on May 1, 2011 at 12:26 AM

HalJordan on May 1, 2011 at 12:26 AM

I know! Awesome quote.

The media won’t know what to do with it. She loves to screw with their heads. Hahahaha

powerpro on May 1, 2011 at 12:34 AM

HalJordan on May 1, 2011 at 12:26 AM

GAME ON!

idesign on May 1, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Game on.. full speed ahead.

idesign on April 30, 2011 at 11:59 PM

If anyone still had doubts, lose them NOW…yeah, It’s On.

I’ve changed my mind, I’m no longer holding out for that “pure conservative messiah” *Sarah, ahem* I’m just ready for a freaking FIGHTER. FIGHT the communist takeover.

I’ll even vote for *barely-even-a-RINO* like TRUMP, if he’ll “fight da power”.

It’s ON, people, and the hour is late…we’re in the political fight of the ages, before it becomes a real fight.

‘Cause the “red” states won’t take much more, IMHO.

Who is John Galt on May 1, 2011 at 12:40 AM

‘Cause the “red” states won’t take much more, IMHO.

Who is John Galt on May 1, 2011 at 12:40 AM

FIFM: The “red” states won’t take much more from the “reds”, IMHO.

Who is John Galt on May 1, 2011 at 12:43 AM

Star20 on May 1, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Except he over played it tonight.

I think he over estimates the sympathy he got. I think for every sympathtic thought the next thought was, but why did he wait so long… it was so easy once he decided to do it.

So when he continues to make hay, after most people have moved on… this is just revenge on Trump and nobody really likes people who get revenge.

petunia on May 1, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Now THIS should be interesting. Sarah Palin is at the MSNBC after party and chatting with the bartender…Rachel Maddow.

SnarkVader on May 1, 2011 at 12:47 AM

A “friend” on fb just posted that he thought Donald should lighten up, stop taking himself so seriously. Speechless

txhsmom on May 1, 2011 at 12:48 AM

idesign on April 30, 2011 at 11:59 PM

There was one poke at her that made me groan… that line about the Miss USA pageant and the VP spot… that was mean and low.

It sort of makes Trump and Palin natural allies.

petunia on May 1, 2011 at 12:48 AM

War is the remedy that Obama has chosen, and I say let us give him all he wants. I will make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till Obama begs for mercy. I intend to make Obama howl. – William Tecumseh Trump

HalJordan on May 1, 2011 at 12:48 AM

SnarkVader on May 1, 2011 at 12:47 AM

I’d love to see video or pictures of that.

With a transcript. lol

powerpro on May 1, 2011 at 12:49 AM

SnarkVader on May 1, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Is that televised? Or online?

petunia on May 1, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Did Seth make more Trump jokes than Obama jokes? It is hard to say the birth certificate ones were even directed at the POTUS more than the birthers. If any of you are so inclined you can create a table showing the frequency of jokes and their subject matter and go back to previous correspondence dinners or not.

Can’t wait for the response from Trump.

koolbrease on May 1, 2011 at 12:52 AM

OK, heard Obama’s jokes. A$$hat skewered all of the R potential opponents instead of poking fun at himself and his administration. Very tepid applause afterward. His videos sucked. I almost like the teleprompter gig, but it still missed the mark. As Rush says often, Libs have no sense of humor.

Hearing the SNL write guy now. I have to admit, I did like how he poked at the various networks. The MSNBC skewer was pretty good.

Back to listening now.

karenhasfreedom on May 1, 2011 at 12:53 AM

Is that televised? Or online?

petunia on May 1, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Neither, unfortunately. It’s being Tweeted. Twittered. One of those. I think the conversation would be interesting. Maddow has never gone lowbrow in her criticism of Palin like Olbermann, Schultz and O’Donnell have.

SnarkVader on May 1, 2011 at 12:53 AM

txhsmom on May 1, 2011 at 12:48 AM

If the intent was just good-natured ribbing, sure, but the intent was to destroy–as witnessed to by the reaction of Obama supporters who are saying just that–that Trump was destroyed, killed, humiliated, ethered, clowned, etc., by BO & Seth tonight.

karlant on May 1, 2011 at 12:56 AM

karenhasfreedom on May 1, 2011 at 12:53 AM

He goes after Trump near the end… most of it was funny, especially the kool-aid thing.

petunia on May 1, 2011 at 12:56 AM

My gosh, that trump joke about “the blacks” all but called Trump a racist to his face.

This trump thing is on and on and on. The only funny part was the fox and trump.

karenhasfreedom on May 1, 2011 at 12:59 AM

oooh, racist tea party joke just told. Even worse, the jenny thomas add on. Hateful

karenhasfreedom on May 1, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Poke at the heritage foundation.

karenhasfreedom on May 1, 2011 at 1:02 AM

karenhasfreedom on May 1, 2011 at 12:59 AM

Trumpy dared to take on “The Won.” They’ll be brutal to him from here forward.

predator on May 1, 2011 at 1:09 AM

The person that the media and Obama fear most was the center of attention tonight.

freedomplow on May 1, 2011 at 1:14 AM

You can tell the hardcore left is worried.

Just go look at their sites…

It was just a gentle jousting of politics and they are all saying Trump was owned…

He scares them.

freedomplow on May 1, 2011 at 1:21 AM

freedomplow on May 1, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Yes, I wonder what makes Trump tick. YOu don’t get that rich by nursing wounds… but you might get that rich by getting even.

I actually have no clue about getting that rich… magic fairy?

petunia on May 1, 2011 at 1:22 AM

Now is the time for an investigation into the Democratic Parties candidate vetting committee and an explanation from them on what actual original documentation Obama presented to them as proof that he was as American Citizen because with the COLB only created in 2008 and his Vault BC only just released it cant possibly have been either of those two documents. So come on sheeple Democrats tell us exactly what he presented or did your selection committee just give him the old A-ffirmative A-ction free pass. BTW his vault BC if real just proves that his father as a Kenyan with British Citizenship means that Obama cannot be a ‘Natural Born Citizen’ also his mother was too young to even confer her Citizenship to him.

HalJordan on May 1, 2011 at 1:26 AM

The elite political ruling class…

… on display for all to see.

Happy…?

Seven Percent Solution on May 1, 2011 at 1:47 AM

Somebody needs to make a how many times has Trump been called a racist counter.

freedomplow on May 1, 2011 at 1:59 AM

You need to have a counter (like the national debt) on how many times Trump has been called a racist.

freedomplow on May 1, 2011 at 2:03 AM

Star20 on May 1, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Going after Trump the way they did tonight squandered any sympathy the public may have felt for O over the BC, imo.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on May 1, 2011 at 2:20 AM

If Trump is just a “joke” like Seth what’s-his-name said, why did he get under their skin so much? Yeah, he’s a real “joke” alright, he single-handedly twisted O’s arm til he cried “UNCLE!” Mighty powerful for “just a joke”.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on May 1, 2011 at 2:25 AM

karlant on May 1, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Well put.

And I just watched the link above, with the “comedian” that came on after Obama.

The both of them – godawful.

I thought this was supposed to be a sort of roast of the president, and good-spirited.

Alana on May 1, 2011 at 2:49 AM

Last year Obama was a vicious low class fool. Can he out do himself?

pat on May 1, 2011 at 2:53 AM

what did he leave Palin out of it? tells you who he is really worried about…

unseen on April 30, 2011 at 10:12 P

Good Lord, man! If O had joked about Palin you would’ve posted, “tells you who he is really worried about…”

Get a grip!

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on May 1, 2011 at 2:54 AM

karenhasfreedom on May 1, 2011 at 12:59 AM

And right after, it cut to Obama laughing his fool head off about it.

Really, them’s fightin words.

And fightin words shouldn’t be a part of a thing like this, or much of anything, really.

Alana on May 1, 2011 at 2:54 AM

That “President’s Speech” vid made no sense: it started off teasing O about his use of TOTUS but then abruptly started making fun of Biden’s gaffes? Huh?

Odd to compare himself twice to kings.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on May 1, 2011 at 3:00 AM

Except for all the racial racist jokes.

Paul-Cincy on April 30, 2011 at 10:40 PM

FIFY.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on May 1, 2011 at 3:04 AM

He did. I forced myself to watch the cspan rerun. Obama only got very tepid applause when he was done. The only thing really worth it was the SNL writer afterward. He did pretty much nail his skewers of each of the major news outlets.

He accused MSNBC of drinking the koolaid poured by Obama.
He poked fun at the NYT new policy of not having free web access anymore and then parlayed into a Huffington post jab at her taking advantage of the bloggers who worked for her for free, but did it in a seemless transition that was pretty clever. He poked fun at Juan Williams by saying that because Juan is black and afraid of Muslims, he is the least likely person to be able to hail a cab in NYC. Juan laughed heartily at that joke and shook his head affirmatively.

I forgot already some of the other jabs at the networks, but they were amusing. He completely missed when he tried to poke fun at NPRs funding battle by saying they reported on abortions 90% of the time or something like that. He was trying to put the planned parenthood funding argument into his joke for NPR. It fell very flat.

He lost it when he started on the Republican candidates. He got very personal, very vicious and very ugly.

karenhasfreedom on May 1, 2011 at 3:04 AM

Cannot wait for the Donald to explode publicly tomorrow…

OmahaConservative on April 30, 2011 at 10:43 PM

I. Can. Not. Wait. for Trump’s rebuttal. If he swore a blue streak over China, I can only imagine what he’s thinking tonight (growing up with my Irish grandfather’s salty language will certainly help my imagination, lol).

-Aslan’s girl

Aslans Girl on May 1, 2011 at 3:07 AM

I saw a picture on Politico (I think it was) of Trump not smiling afterward. His wife was looking at him really worried.

I’m pretty sure it was the worst night of her life.

I’m pretty sure Trump is going to try to make Obama’s life the worst life of his life.

I don’t know how people can do this to other people.

I don’t know how Michelle Obama can stand to sit there. I mean, I would KILL my husband for saying things like that.

(Of course, she would say them too, but you know what I mean.)

Alana on May 1, 2011 at 3:08 AM

This also tells how much damage Trump really did to Obama.

the_nile on April 30, 2011 at 10:46 PM

ITA. So much for “birtherism helps O” from the RINOs.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on May 1, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Some of you are right to be shocked and seemingly offended.

Imagine, people making fun of Donald Trump. One more time: Donald Trump. Celebrity Apprentice host Donald Trump. Nobody has ever made fun of him before, and surely he’s never done anything in his thirty years as a publicity hou…err, real estate developer to warrant ridicule. By anyone. How dare they.

Let’s all write angry letters.

YYZ on May 1, 2011 at 3:13 AM

jakev on April 30, 2011 at 10:52 PM

I like the way you think :)

Obama mentioned FOX a couple of times…referring to the birther issue mostly.

IrishEi on April 30, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Just shows that O doesn’t watch Fox or he’d know that NO ONE at Fox is a “birther”. The closest it gets there is Hannity and all he was ever willing to say was “why not release the bc?” Which is exactly what Chrissy Matthews once said. So pretty much, NO ONE at Fox supported “birthers”. They made fun of them.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on May 1, 2011 at 3:14 AM

Ok now. what was that about the hate is only directed at Palin?

I hope everyone has figured out it doesn’t matter who runs if they ar ethe leader of the gop they will be attacked over and over again. anyone think Mitt or Tpaw could stand up to that type of “humor” night after night after night? their negatives would drive right off the cliff and unlike Palin’s will stay there.

We are at war people. Not some countryclub outing. Stop shooting our generals in the back and fight damn you.

unseen on April 30, 2011 at 10:50 PM

This. Thank you unseen.

Quit demeaning each other and the candidates. Primary each one and pick the best and EVERYONE needs to get behind this person. These people are evil and disgusting and need to be removed from office.

This is the only objective. Do you really want or can you survive another four years of these people?

kim roy on May 1, 2011 at 3:14 AM

I tuned in just to see what FLOTUS looked like. The wighat was obviously inspired by Whitney Houston’s wild days, yikes!

Flipped the channel when there was a “joke” involving abortion. Lost me.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 30, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Wait till you see a full picture of her dress. She thinks she’s 14 years old. (And has the figure of a rather bulky 14-year-old.)

Alana on May 1, 2011 at 3:15 AM

YYZ, the Trump smackdown tonite was night in jest, light hearted, etc., which is supposed to be the tradition of this thing. They were very ugly, very personal, and very unfounded attacks by both trump and the comedian. I can’t imagine any previous president laughing at a comedian calling someone in the audience a racist. How is that funny?

karenhasfreedom on May 1, 2011 at 3:18 AM

By the way, I am not voting for Trump in the primaries, unless he is the only left with daniels and romney in the race when they get to MI. So don’t think my sensibilities are offended because trump is “my guy”. he isn’t.

Regarding Michelle’s dress. I only saw her from the back (well toned), and thought it looked fine. Then she turned around and showed all of that “cleavage” in front, which can most politely be described as a hot mess. Girlfriend needs to wear a bra and not wear low cut anything. I did like her hair style tonite. She definitely needs a stylist, her personal taste in fashion is a total hot mess misfire.

karenhasfreedom on May 1, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Not trying to be snarky here, as it is late at night, but you seem to be contradicting yourself here. I’m sure it’s just late night typos, but I’m not really sure what you’re trying to say.

YYZ on May 1, 2011 at 3:55 AM

Regarding the headline: It was not Obama vs Trump.

That would presume that Trump had a microphone, too.

Just like it wasn’t Obama vs Ryan. The coward only attacks people when they can’t talk back.

Alana on May 1, 2011 at 3:58 AM

YYZ on May 1, 2011 at 3:55 AM

Karenhasfreedom wrote:
YYZ, the Trump smackdown tonite was night [not] in jest, light hearted, etc., which is supposed to be the tradition of this thing. They were very ugly, very personal, and very unfounded attacks by both trump [Obama] and the comedian.

I edited her post, very lightly, changing two words to restore the obvious intent of the post (based on prior posts on the thread…)

massrighty on May 1, 2011 at 6:06 AM

unseen on April 30, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Unlike Palin’s? Palin’s have stayed there and gotten worse.

rjl1999 on May 1, 2011 at 6:21 AM

Someone has become quite a pissy little bitch hasn’t he?

Mr. Grump on May 1, 2011 at 6:45 AM

Ok now. what was that about the hate is only directed at Palin?

unseen on April 30, 2011 at 10:50 PM

If only more people would figure this out.

Amjean on May 1, 2011 at 6:53 AM

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on May 1, 2011 at 3:14 AM

I think they know there are no birthers at FOX. They just hate FOX and they want to paint everyone there as racist, right-wing extremists. It will work with those who don’t watch FOX.

IrishEi on May 1, 2011 at 6:56 AM

….And the three dingbats on FOX and Friends this morning think the WHCD was just a laugh a minute! Good times, good times!

*sigh*

IrishEi on May 1, 2011 at 7:16 AM

Unlike Palin’s? Palin’s have stayed there and gotten worse.

rjl1999 on May 1, 2011 at 6:21 AM

Latest Gallup poll showed Palin having the best fav/unfav in the GOP at 69%. PPP showed the only gop candidate to increas favs over the last month was Palin all others drop in favs. Palin is at her bottom. Her support level is stable and her favs are starting to increase. All other candidates are at their top. their support is unstable and their favs are decreasing…..

unseen on May 1, 2011 at 7:22 AM

SnarkVader on May 1, 2011 at 12:53 AM

She probably thinks Palin is hot.

Kevin71 on May 1, 2011 at 7:51 AM

missrighty, you got the edit right. It was definitely late night typing without preview. Funny thing, I read what was posted after I posted it and didn’t even comprehend that I was incoherent!!! /facepalm

karenhasfreedom on May 1, 2011 at 8:02 AM

*sigh*

IrishEi on May 1, 2011 at 7:16 AM

Sickening.
And I am still appalled at the abortion joke…

OmahaConservative on May 1, 2011 at 8:05 AM