Trump to China: “Listen, you motherf***ers, we’re going to tax you 25 percent”

posted at 2:55 pm on April 29, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via Mediaite, which has excerpts from last night’s F-bomb cavalcade. One of our commenters in Headlines watched the clip and observed that Trump is basically a leftist caricature of Republicans brought to life. Precisely — but with the caveat that something like 20 percent of the GOP wants to embrace the caricature. (That number might already be slipping.) He knows he’s too compromised on conservative principles to get traction with the base so he overcompensates with tell-it-like-it-is populist bravado aimed at framing himself as the ultimate regular-guy outsider. Calling the Chinese MFers is the logical extension of that; if he can’t address economic anxieties with a serious policy solution, at least he can do it with rhetorical empowerment. That’s why Reagan, who did have a serious Cold War strategy, didn’t have to say “Tear down this motherf***ing wall” instead.

Just to follow up on the point about leftist caricature, though, I’m intrigued by this tidbit from his trip to New Hampshire:

Even as reporters assailed him with questions this week about the president’s birth certificate, Mr. Trump sought to dispel any notion that his candidacy is a public relations gimmick. He dangled the idea that reporters would be “surprised” by what he announces next month, soon after his NBC television show ends for the season on May 22.

“When the show is over, I will be free to announce,” he said. “I think you will be surprised at a number of things, but I think you will be surprised at what my announcement is.”

He’s not dumb, so he surely realizes by now that he has no shot at winning. As much as voters may enjoy this sort of “f*** the world” pandering on the stump, they’re not going to entrust the nuclear arsenal to a guy prone to rhetoric like this. Remember how Howard Dean, another man of righteous rage, was ahead in the polls until the primaries began and he suddenly realized that he was a bit too “much” for most Democrats? Trump will experience that too. So he’s almost certainly not going to run, in which case, what will the “surprising” announcement be? If he walked out and admitted that this has all been a goof aimed at seeing just how far he could get in the GOP polls using lowest-common-denominator populist rhetoric, it’d be one of the great pranks of all time. Liberals would go from loathing him to building statues of him in an instant. I know he’s not going to say that — realistically, he’ll give some excuse about being “better able to influence the process on the outside” or whatever — but still. It’d be epic. Content warning for what follows, if you please.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

gryphon202 on April 29, 2011 at 3:57 PM

You will also be happy to know that brutus is latin for slow-witted. Have fun with that :-)

MJBrutus on April 29, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Her experience in Alaska was far too different and too scant to prepare her for the anything like the duties of a President.

MJBrutus on April 29, 2011 at 3:56 PM

So was being a community organizer, and a public official who, up basically double crossed a friend to become state senator, then voted present for most of his time. Then became a U.S. senator, and did basically the same thing, for a few months, before announcing his run for presidency. Other than that, what REAL accomplishments does Obama have other than mucking up a country because he has an axe to grind?

capejasmine on April 29, 2011 at 4:01 PM

HalJordan on April 29, 2011 at 3:55 PM

So, do you have some capability of explaining why you think a socialist and gun control nut is a real man, or are you content to, like the rest of the tiny band of fruitcakes you belong to, merely attack anyone who notices his lefty side as being somehow less than manly. Because, you know, real manly guys use government force to push old women off their property so they can build limousine parking lots.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2011 at 4:01 PM

I don’t mind helping the easily confused.

cynccook on April 29, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Well, as long as MadisonConservative doesn’t mind, since you’re obviously compelled to answer questions for him.

DaydreamBeliever on April 29, 2011 at 4:02 PM

capejasmine: We all knew Obama’s lack of qualifications for office. ;)

Brutus: Hey, at least you don’t have a ‘lean and hungry look’ about you. ;)

Scott H on April 29, 2011 at 4:02 PM

capejasmine on April 29, 2011 at 4:01 PM

PBHO has even less experience and was even less qualified. Your point?

MJBrutus on April 29, 2011 at 4:02 PM

DaydreamBeliever on April 29, 2011 at 4:02 PM

I answered your question. You seem to be more interested in not addressing the answer.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2011 at 4:02 PM

No, I don’t want Trump anywhere near the presidency but that was fun to hear. Kinda reminds me of this guy.

princetrumpet on April 29, 2011 at 4:03 PM

MJBrutus on April 29, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Thanks but no thanks. Too easy.

gryphon202 on April 29, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Scott H on April 29, 2011 at 4:02 PM

:-)

MJBrutus on April 29, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Oops… click on the bottom left thumbnail when you get to the link.

princetrumpet on April 29, 2011 at 4:04 PM

DaydreamBeliever on April 29, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Look. I make no excuses for incorporating Monty Python videos into political discussions whenever and wherever possible. I’m sorry if that offends you, but it’s just how I roll. Also my therapist feels that it is good for me.

cynccook on April 29, 2011 at 4:04 PM

capejasmine on April 29, 2011 at 4:01 PM

I stand by my proposal that anyone who thinks Palin’s record is comparable to Obama is wilfully obtuse and/or stupid. And as far as the significance of her 12 billion dollar state budget surplus? States have pissed away 10-20 times that much in the blink of an eye, so I guess time will tell if Alaska can continue to sustain that kind of judiciousness.

gryphon202 on April 29, 2011 at 4:05 PM

What’s your source for Trump being the favorite of the Tea Party? As a TPer myself this is totally bogus in my experience. TPers do like it that Trump is whacking Obama, but the meme that Trump is the TP darling is BS as far as I know. So, if you actually have a source for this please let everyone know. I’d like to verify your information. Otherwise everyone should consider it a disinformation campaign.

JimP on April 29, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Here ya go:

The poll shows Trump receiving more support, 20 percent, than any other potential 2012 GOP nominee among Tea Party supporters.

I’m not saying it to dis Tea Partiers – I’m saying it to disprove that the Tea Party is only made up of the “Right-wing Fringe Lunatics” that the LSM keeps pushing. As someone so succinctly said earlier – the Tea Party isn’t a conservative movement; it’s a fiscal sanity movement.

miConsevative on April 29, 2011 at 4:06 PM

People like me get ripped on from time to time for not being conservative enough, yet this guy has at one time or another been a heretic on virtually every single right-wing core belief — really, every one — and yet he’s instantly forgiven just for talking really, really tough. Hilarious.

Allahpundit on April 29, 2011 at 3:15 PM

And yet, when Palin tried to talk tough and honestly about Obama’s policies (not the man, just his mission) as well as the media, people like you berated and belittled her every step of the way.

Equally hilarious.

The reason Trump has come this far is because the only other Republican who has been vocal about him has been villified and demonized. People are looking to anyone (lieterally anyone) who’s willing to say what many of us are thinking.

The others weren’t even willing to speak up when Palin and all conservatives were being accused of mass murder just a few short months ago.

And yet, how many of us have stated (myself included) that we’d have been willing to give Romney (lead RINO-in-chief) another chance to present his case if he denounced Romneycare. Or if he took a stand (any stnad) sometime BEFORE Palin did, or the polls suggested which stand he should take, etc.

I’m enjoying watching Trump slap Obama and the media around, and I think a lot of others are too. But when the dust settles, I can’t see conservatives choosing him over someone like West or Cain or Ryan or Bolton (I’d say Palin, but sadly there are too many people who allowed themselves to believe the lies and distortions about her to take it as a given).

DrAllecon on April 29, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Who swiped MadiCon’s blankey? Waaaaah!

sartana on April 29, 2011 at 4:07 PM

gryphon: To be fair, there are people who think that Palin doesn’t have enough experience, but do not equate her lack of experience to Obama’s lack of experience.

E.g., if someone thinks you need X years of experience in order to do a good job as President, Obama may have less experience than Palin, but neither may have X.

Of course, most people disagree on how to parse her experience. Or whether it matters at all.

Scott H on April 29, 2011 at 4:08 PM

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2011 at 4:02 PM

You gave me a list of names, not defining characteristics. When you said you could go on and on, I though I’d let it go at that.

DaydreamBeliever on April 29, 2011 at 4:08 PM

gryphon202 on April 29, 2011 at 3:56 PM

She was governor of an oil state during record high oil prices who managed to have a surplus. I could say she fell into that one, and since she was only a governor for two years how would you dispute my argument. My state votes very late in the primary process, so it doesn’t really matter who my first choice is, but I’d like to see her do something other than skin a fish for her to gain that position.

DFCtomm on April 29, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Thin? A see-through blouse is thin. A snake under a fallen anvil is thin. There isn’t a word to describe the lightness of being that is her political resume.

MJBrutus on April 29, 2011 at 3:37 PM

OK, now you’re just being silly. The woman has been in politics for almost twenty years now, and you talk as if she was nothing more than a housewife when McCain asked her to be his VP candidate.

Aitch748 on April 29, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Nooooo. Trump’s your only hope. He’s going to jab a finger in Beijing’s face and they’re going to do ‘zactly what he says. It’s just that easy. Solving problems is so damn easy!

Allahpundit on April 29, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Allah, what you describe is not populism it is WWE.

unseen on April 29, 2011 at 4:10 PM

DrAllecon on April 29, 2011 at 4:07 PM

When has Allahpundit “berated” Palin for going after Obama???

Find me one instance.

Abby Adams on April 29, 2011 at 4:10 PM

The only reason Trump is even being considered is because of the total failure of the GOP to do anything other than bend over and take it up the tailpipe.

sharrukin on April 29, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Precisely. When you have Obama-lite Mr. RomneyCare and Socialist-Christian Huck as the supposed frontrunners; it’s no wonder that primary voters are yearning for an alternative that actually confronts Obama.

I still think Trump is running, but I don’t think he has a realistic chance to win the nomination.

One thing for sure though; Trump’s chances of winning the nomination is still 1,000,000 x larger than those of Pawlenty and Daniels.

Norwegian on April 29, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Allahpundit on April 29, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Not by Palin supporters. Some of us know a real conservative from a chinesse knockoff.

unseen on April 29, 2011 at 4:12 PM

DaydreamBeliever on April 29, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Not a socialist.

Not a multiple divorcee.

Not a gun grabber.

Not someone who uses government to push old ladies off their land to build limousine parking lots.

Not a reality television star.

I could go on, but those attributes seem most relevant.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Aitch748 on April 29, 2011 at 4:09 PM

OK, I exaggerated on that one. Guilty. I kind of liked the sound of some of the phrases I used :-)

MJBrutus on April 29, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Scott H on April 29, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Historically speaking, at least since the 20th century, successful presidents have largely been governors or military figureheads. We tend not to do quite as well with senators. As they say, hindsight is 20/20, and I would imagine most historians would tend to agree with me in at least a broad sense.

Though I would love nothing more than to put the whole “not enough experience” meme to rest, my support of Sarah Palin is has always been based primarily on my principles, and the way I perceive her principles.

It just makes me wanna pull the hair I have left out, when I think about how many people seem to be completely oblivious about how in-the-lurch our nation really is. I don’t want perfect purity. I just want the best (wo)man for the job.

gryphon202 on April 29, 2011 at 4:13 PM

gryphon202 on April 29, 2011 at 4:13 PM

No, no, no. In lieu of the perfect candidate, it is better to vote for someone who governed 2 terms as a nanny-stater than 2 years as a common-sense conservative. Didn’t you get the memo from Karl Rove?

Just like it’s better to hire an experienced pitcher with a dismal ERA over one of them young upstarts throwing all them no-hitters.

miConsevative on April 29, 2011 at 4:18 PM

gryphon: You and I agree on that.

It would be interesting, from a historical perspective, to analyze how many Presidents have done well politically (i.e., have won election and reelection), and the nature of their experience.

Scott H on April 29, 2011 at 4:19 PM

By the by, and a little more on-topic for this thread:

If Trump thinks that 25% trade tariffs are such a punishment, how about we immediately bring the top income tax bracket down to 25%?

gryphon202 on April 29, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Allen West. Rand Paul. Fred Thompson. Alan Keyes. Duncan Hunter. Ronald Reagan. William Buckley. I could go on and on…but if you think Trump is fit to shine their shoes, it’s not worth it.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2011 at 3:50 PM

God are you a ignorant. Your first example is Allen West. Hello, knock, knock, is anyone home? How anyone can embarrass himself as much as you do and “show your face” again around here is absolutely astounding.

Rep. Allen West says he hopes Donald Trump is serious about running for president, because America is in need of a leader who can guide it through a “critical time.”
Allen also said he would not rule out running for vice president on a Trump ticket if he were asked.

HalJordan on April 29, 2011 at 4:19 PM

We tend not to do quite as well with senators.

gryphon202 on April 29, 2011 at 4:13 PM

We have only had three. One stole an election and the current one because we had no choice. I forget who the first one was.

Lanceman on April 29, 2011 at 4:20 PM

The difference is that Trump knows what he’s doing – marketing himself. That’s what he does.

Howard Dean is just a tool.

Pablo Snooze on April 29, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Trump’s big announcement in May… he’s gonna launch a cable channel that has something to do with politics and plenty of stuff about himself. That’s my guess.

maineconservative on April 29, 2011 at 4:20 PM

I’m mad as hell… and I’m gonna f up some mutha f’ing chinese leaders!”

This is Donald Trump. The first man ever to be killed for rising in the polls.

johnnyboy on April 29, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Norwegian on April 29, 2011 at 4:12 PM

I honestly don’t know if he is running or not.
I don’t know for sure if Palin is running either. I think and hope she is.

If she doesn’t the GOP is left in a very tough position because few of those left are anything but GOP placeholders who will do nothing to change what is going on.

Its more than just the right policies. The candidate has to be willing to face the Democrats head on and those who won’t fight back, won’t win, even if they get elected.

Too many Republicans think that an electoral victory is the point. The GOP has been in power before and they helped to create the disastrous situation we are in.

sharrukin on April 29, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Start wearing lipstick and a skirt AP…

frizzbee on April 29, 2011 at 4:23 PM

gryphon202 on April 29, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Look G, that’s what we all want. Now you and I have had it out before, but I’m going to try again here. We need to find the best person available who can win. Being right and being out of office do us no good.

To that end, tactics do matter. Choosing when and where to pick a fight to gain the advantage is vital to winning. In the days of tall ships, they maneuvered to gain the advantage of wind. The old gunslingers tried to put the sun at their backs. Those who didn’t are the ones you never heard of.

What matters most is first deciding what is most important and fighting for that even if it means forestalling fights over other issues. If our fiscal survival is paramount (and I say it is) then don’t pick a fight over immigration today, pick a fight to reduce spending. If you chase two rabbits you will lose them both, so pick just one priority at a time and focus on it.

Finally, don’t make enemies when you can win converts. Chasing social issues chases away voters who could be converted to gospel of responsible economics. Some won’t but many will listen who otherwise wouldn’t and that is how large winning coalitions are formed.

MJBrutus on April 29, 2011 at 4:23 PM

When has Allahpundit “berated” Palin for going after Obama???

Find me one instance.

Abby Adams on April 29, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Allah mostly just belittled Palin. I said people like Allah also berated her. For one instance that springs to mind immediately is when Krauthammer invited her to leave the room so serious people could talk about Obamacare during death panels. I guess you could farily argue that that is more belittling than berating.

Maybe a better example is when he said that Palin made everything about her when defending herself against charges of mass murder.

But seriously, with my whole comment, that one word was an issue with you? What do you have to say about the rest of it?

DrAllecon on April 29, 2011 at 4:24 PM

since the majority of the Trump love is coming from the same people that were antipalin. I think I have finally figured out the reason they don’t get her. they are too stupid to understand what Gov Palin says. Her high intelligence scares them. Now Trump they can “get” and “understand” it doesn’t take thought and logic. It’s like watching the WWE. they don’t need higher brain functions to discuss policy and positions. They can simply support the fbomb thrower.

thanks donald for showing us that.

unseen on April 29, 2011 at 4:24 PM

When has Allahpundit “berated” Palin for going after Obama???

Find me one instance.

Abby Adams on April 29, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I wonder if Ed and AP miss the good ole days pre-Donald-birtherism

MeatHeadinCA on April 29, 2011 at 4:25 PM

DrAllecon on April 29, 2011 at 4:07 PM

When has Allahpundit “berated” Palin for going after Obama???

Find me one instance.

Abby Adams on April 29, 2011 at 4:10 PM

It’s more about how the left goes all out alinsky , and gop and establishment republicans help them and weakens conservative fighters.
The cowering over the blood libel is prime exhibit.

Then Trump steps in and brings the alinsky onto Obama using his inflated ego and raw BS power.

the_nile on April 29, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Trump makes all the squishies afraid. The RINOS, the ideological liberals, the neocons, the palinistas, and all the beltway insiders, including the backseat pundits. Just for that, everyone else should love the guy – combover and all.

The very fact that he is not a diehard conservative is exactly what will sell him to the Reagan democrats and liberals tired of obama. THAT is how you win elections.

So pull your hair out, people, and comb over what is left.

LOL

keep the change on April 29, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Palin herself is encouraging himself to speak up…what do you think her angle is?

a-Keep speaking up you’re doing a great service to this country (more power to him!);
b-I know you’re not gonna run anyways so thanks for clearing that path for me when I announce;
c-You’re saying all the I want to say to the media by not speaking directly to the media.

This is from a my purely political POV, not from a Palinista POV. What would she think, perhaps all three? Hmm? Contrary to popular thought, she’s not stupid.

ProudPalinFan on April 29, 2011 at 4:28 PM

HalJordan on April 29, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Damn shame, if true.

Did you catch Mark Steyn on Rush today? He eviscerated Trump while praising West, comparing the two speeches/men. He might have even said the words “empty bravado” a few times in reference to Trump. :) Worth a listen.

Bee on April 29, 2011 at 4:29 PM

DFCtomm on April 29, 2011 at 4:09 PM

nothing like showing you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

unseen on April 29, 2011 at 4:30 PM

ProudPalinFan on April 29, 2011 at 4:28 PM

d – See? This is what completely nucking futs looks like! I’m pretty sane by comparison.

MJBrutus on April 29, 2011 at 4:30 PM

MJBrutus on April 29, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Uh…no.

kingsjester on April 29, 2011 at 4:32 PM

ProudPalinFan on April 29, 2011 at 4:28 PM

D) keep speaking about the stupid stuff so you make an idiot out of yourself.

She has tried to tell him to move to policy while the spotlight is on him. On Greta she basically said he was a flash in the pan not talking about important stuff.

unseen on April 29, 2011 at 4:33 PM

HalJordan on April 29, 2011 at 4:19 PM

That could be Trumps plan , he declare his VP on day one.

the_nile on April 29, 2011 at 4:33 PM

If we need a squish in order to win, we deserve four more years of Obama. Someone “who can win” may not cut it in the quest to make sure we have a republic to turn to 20 years from now.

My first last and only issue is freedom. We can not have freedom without equality under the law, which is why I believe in enforcing immigration law as it stands now, without change or heavy “interpretation.” We can not have freedom while government steals from us. And that’s why I hate our current system of taxation with a white-hot heat. I could go on and on and on, but “freedom” is what it boils down to for me. Winning seems to be more important to you than freedom, so I don’t think we’ll ever be on the same page, chump.

MJBrutus on April 29, 2011 at 4:23 PM

If I haven’t won you as a convert by now, I never will. But when have I ever said anything about social issues? For that matter, when has Palin? I think social issues, if by “social issues” you mean what most people consider “morality,” should be left up to the states. I think there is a real danger in a “conservative leviathan,” and no one is going to get my vote just by claiming to be conservative.

I do really honestly think that there’s a double standard where Palin is concerned, but unlike most Palin supporters, it’s difficult for me to put my finger on. It’s not that she’s a woman. It’s not that she’s pro-life. It’s not that she came as close as any Alaskan governor ever had to invoke austerity measures. Maybe it’s some of all of that, that people feel uncomfortable over. But to me, that discomfort is a feature, not a bug.

gryphon202 on April 29, 2011 at 4:35 PM

DrAllecon on April 29, 2011 at 4:24 PM

No, it’s just ridiculous that people harp on Allah for hating Sarah Palin when in fact, he’s defended her quite a few times, and has had some very nice things to say about her.

Here is AP defending Palin in the Arizona shooting matter:

In fact… I can’t find where he says that she’s making everything about her.

AP gets this reputation for being so anti-Palin, that he causes many ‘nistas to boil over with rage at the very mention of him. I just don’t think that’s a correct reaction/interpretation.

Abby Adams on April 29, 2011 at 4:36 PM

for those that think this was a smart move by Trump. Step back a couple steps and understand the ads Trump just gave Obama come OCt 2012.

DNC: Is this the man you want to trust your childrens future to…..cut away. “Those mfing chineese are going to pay”

game set match.

unseen on April 29, 2011 at 4:37 PM

HalJordan on April 29, 2011 at 4:19 PM

That could be Trumps plan , he declare his VP on day one.

the_nile on April 29, 2011 at 4:33 PM

West said this. There is video. HalJordan is correct.

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2011 at 4:38 PM

gryphon202 on April 29, 2011 at 4:35 PM

I think many of the antipalin people got mommy issues. the fact they are flocking to a loud mouth male also supports this need for them to have a strong father figure in their lives.

unseen on April 29, 2011 at 4:39 PM

miConsevative on April 29, 2011 at 4:06 PM

Thanks for the source/link and for the clarification. It’s truly appreciated.

Have a great weekend.

JimP on April 29, 2011 at 4:39 PM

West said this. There is video. HalJordan is correct.

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2011 at 4:38 PM

I saw the Newsmax report and if he, upon examining Trump’s record and past positions, would still run on the same ticket I’d be unable to support him.

Bee on April 29, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Abby Adams on April 29, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Just for the record, I wasn’t boiling over with rage (or anything else). If I didn’t like AllahP I wouldn’t read his posts, life is too short to purposely aggravate yourself.

I was actually again referring to KH who accused Palin of making the shooting about herself (a few days later he defended her saying the media owed her an apology, but he himself never did.) That was my error for not making it more clear.

I was responding to Allah’s comment about, well you saw what it was about, and I responded in exactly the same tone as he. So if you thought I was boiling over with rage, then certainly you thought he was, too. I didn’t happen to think he was boiling over with rage, I just thoguht he was being a little pissy/martyr-y (which I often find humorous also being from NY) and thought I’d respond in kind.

But, you’re really not going to argue that he didn’t belittle Palin, are you? Yes, even Allah’s coming around the more presidential she acts and the more she has to say, but let’s not retcon HA history TOO much.

DrAllecon on April 29, 2011 at 4:44 PM

nothing like showing you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

unseen on April 29, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Oil prices were over 100$ a barrel from Jan 2008 till the end of Jan 2009, and she resigned July 2009. What don’t I understand?

DFCtomm on April 29, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Bee on April 29, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Yes, but he’s an undocumented anchorman with absolutely no supporting paperwork whatsoever.

I don’t wanna go through that again.

Lanceman on April 29, 2011 at 4:45 PM

God are you a ignorant.

HalJordan on April 29, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Am I a ignorant? I’m not sure. What’s a ignorant?

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2011 at 4:46 PM

game set match.

unseen on April 29, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Does that include the socalled mfing chineese who work for Trump for peanuts? The man is a hypocrite and a crook.

Terrye on April 29, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Seriously, you’re killing me…

jaime on April 29, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Lanceman on April 29, 2011 at 4:45 PM

RAAAAAAACIST!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Bee on April 29, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Bee on April 29, 2011 at 4:43 PM

No politician is perfect. However, I think West is merely saying that as political move to get the Trump chumps in his corner when Trump finishes going down in flames.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Bee on April 29, 2011 at 4:29 PM

I seldom listen to any of the radio talkers unless I am driving. Too much repetition and drug out time filling and too many commercials for mostly over priced junk. One can get more information in a few minutes of reading, if one is selective, than in hours of that. And Stein certainly could have had better timing, to say the least, than to “eviscerate” Trump and on the same show praise West.

HalJordan on April 29, 2011 at 4:48 PM

DrAllecon on April 29, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Sorry… I didn’t mean for it to sound as if I thought YOU were boiling over with rage. The people that boil over with rage don’t come here (anymore). :-)

Abby Adams on April 29, 2011 at 4:50 PM

unseen on April 29, 2011 at 4:39 PM

I don’t think it is that simple. A lot of the people who have doubts about Palin have legitimate questions or concerns about her, it is not just some psychological issue with their mommy. And I am not sure she can change that at this point.

Terrye on April 29, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Terrye on April 29, 2011 at 4:50 PM

I have legitimate questions about Trump. And for that, I have been accused of “bashing” and “attacking” him. So what’s more important to the Palin detractors? Her having left office early, or the possibility of a presidential candidate for whom the KELO decision was a plus? Say what you will about Palin, but unlike Huck, she doesn’t have a dead policeman’s blood on her hands.

gryphon202 on April 29, 2011 at 4:52 PM

HalJordan on April 29, 2011 at 4:48 PM

I didn’t hear it today. I love Stein, but based on what I’ve read here it does sound like he stepped in it :-)

MJBrutus on April 29, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Am I a ignorant? I’m not sure. What’s a ignorant?

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2011 at 4:46 PM

I left out the turkey at the end as I didn’t want to make you cry for hours.

God are you a ignorant (turkey).

HalJordan on April 29, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Bee on April 29, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Is it just me, or does Steyn sound like Mr. Bentley from ‘The Jeffersons’?

Lanceman on April 29, 2011 at 4:52 PM

HalJordan on April 29, 2011 at 4:52 PM

You need to stop being afraid to finish your insults. Try being a real man.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Abby Adams on April 29, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Oh, lol. I guess that’s the trouble inherent in the written word, misunderstandings in tone/tenor are too easy.

Anyway, to recap, I like Allah (although I don’t always agree with him) I’m enjoying Trump’s live action version of The Apprentice and although I won’t ridicule those who are taking him more seriously (I know what that’s like and it kinda sucks) I myself can’t really support him, and most importantly of all, I’m about 10 minutes away from enjoying an ice cold tomato beer and an oatmeal cookie.

Have a great weekend everyone!

DrAllecon on April 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Am I a ignorant? I’m not sure. What’s a ignorant?

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Hey, atleast he didn’t call you B-ignorant or C-ignorant.

That would be over the line.

portlandon on April 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Is it just me, or does Steyn sound like Mr. Bentley from ‘The Jeffersons’?

Lanceman on April 29, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Steyn has a voice for written material.

HalJordan on April 29, 2011 at 4:55 PM

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Let’s hope so.

Bee on April 29, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Hey, atleast he didn’t call you B-ignorant or C-ignorant.

That would be over the line.

portlandon on April 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM

I’m an alpha-ignorant?

Nice.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2011 at 4:56 PM

You need to stop being afraid to finish your insults. Try being a real man.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM

I try to be merciful to little boys, or little girls, or whatever you are.

HalJordan on April 29, 2011 at 4:57 PM

gryphon202 on April 29, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Well I’m going to stand up and say it, I bashed Trump! Yes sir, that’s right and I’m not going any where so take your best shot. In fact I’m going to bash him again. The loser bankrupted a casino. A freaking casino! Talk about screwing up a wet dream. Casinos make money every time a seagull cr-ps on them! How do you bankrupt a casino? So he sold a few slums to recover and try again, boo-yah. Yep this is the brilliant businessman I want in charge of Social Security, stat!

MJBrutus on April 29, 2011 at 5:00 PM

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2011 at 4:47 PM

So you have just now accused West of a lack of integrity. That’s the best you can do. No question mark as that was a rhetorical question. You just keep digging yourself into a deeper hole.I have seldom seem anything like it.You should just put a sack on your head and wonder off.

HalJordan on April 29, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Steyn has a voice for written material.

HalJordan on April 29, 2011 at 4:55 PM

I can do a very good Steyn impression, complete with the laugh. I just wish I had his brain.

Lanceman on April 29, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Lanceman on April 29, 2011 at 4:52 PM

A little. A bit slurry, maybe? I don’t know, I just think he’s hilarious.

Bee on April 29, 2011 at 5:03 PM

A little. A bit slurry, maybe? I don’t know, I just think he’s hilarious.

Bee on April 29, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Perhaps you are too young to remember ‘The Jeffersons’ Gotta be over 40, I think, otherwise, before your time.

Lanceman on April 29, 2011 at 5:05 PM

So pull your hair out, people, and comb over what is left.

LOL

keep the change on April 29, 2011 at 3:09 PM

This has to be one of the most mind-numbingly stupid posts I’ve seen on Hot Air.

Congrats.

powerpro on April 29, 2011 at 5:05 PM

If Trump announces that he’ll run, with West, what will you do?

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Trump to China: “Listen, you motherf***ers, we’re going to tax you 25 percent”

Classy guy, that Trump. Please go back to building things. At least that’s something you do fairly well.

GFW on April 29, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Donald Trump, foreign relations genius.

Tzetzes on April 29, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Donald Trump, foreign relations genius.

Tzetzes on April 29, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Obama, foreign relations…you fill it in.

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2011 at 5:10 PM

West said two nights ago that he and Trump spoke, and that were he asked to be his VP, with the blessing of his district, he’d consider doing it.

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Congrats.

powerpro on April 29, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee. I’m going back over to AmericanThinker now. It’s been “interesting”. Many smart commenters here but also many quite otherwise and not very good blog articles and mostly repetitious ones.

HalJordan on April 29, 2011 at 5:12 PM

DFCtomm on April 29, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Palin passed ACES in 2007. What don’t you understand? that $12 billion surplus was a function of ACES and Palin cutting spending 9.5% (real cuts not budget cuts).

2009 saw oil drop to $39/bl and stayed in the range of $40 to $80 from until the last couple of months and AK still has a $12 billion surplus all thanks to ACES and strong fiscal restraint. AK has no state income tax, no sales tax and no state property.

Palin cut spending during boom times and placed billions into rainy day funds, she redid the tax structure so that AK got more rev as oil went up and the oil compnaies got breaks when oil dropped. That has left the oil industry in AK in good shape as well as the state coffers. even during the downturn of 2009 and 2010.

Like I said your statement shows you know nothing about the subject matter.

unseen on April 29, 2011 at 5:13 PM

I’m going back over to AmericanThinker now.

HalJordan on April 29, 2011 at 5:12 PM

A good cartoon over there as well.

sharrukin on April 29, 2011 at 5:14 PM

I heard that Trump actually uses cheap Chinese labor in some of his own businesses..If this is true I guess it is just another example of Trump pretending to be something he is not.

Terrye on April 29, 2011 at 3:20 PM

What would you suggest? Do you want him to make his products in the USA, using greedy union labor, so they are poor quality and no one can afford them?

Smart businessmen make products where costs are cheapest. Maybe Trump can find some offshore companies to outsource federal government workers. How much of the IRS could be outsourced to India?

A conservative president might be able to tip the balance back so it makes sense to manufacture in the USA once again.

slickwillie2001 on April 29, 2011 at 5:14 PM

China to Trump: I don’t think you really want us to dump all of our American bonds for an amount of gold bullion that would fit in a bathtub at Mar-A-Lago.

gryphon202 on April 29, 2011 at 5:15 PM

slickwillie2001 on April 29, 2011 at 5:14 PM

I’ve said it before, and it bears repeating: Trump’s savvy business sense doesn’t make him conservative. It makes him a mercenary mercantilist.

gryphon202 on April 29, 2011 at 5:16 PM

The f-bomb is the emphasis cherry on the “tell it like it is” sundae of life.

What many of you that haven’t appreciated is that Trump is showing that it is totally possible to take the fight to the president and make him squirm. You just have to be tough enough to handle the backlash. I don’t think he is running, this is just his way of telling possible opponents to Obama to “butch up.”

Pcoop on April 29, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Terrye on April 29, 2011 at 4:46 PM

that will be DNC’s second ad. the ads write themselves. Trump will lose by 40pts to Obama.

unseen on April 29, 2011 at 5:16 PM

We tend not to do quite as well with senators.

gryphon202 on April 29, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Lanceman on April 29, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Warren Harding, of course! How could you forget? BTW you forgot that a sitting US Senator also tried to steal the election in 2004 with help from a friendly Managing Editor/Chief Anchor at one of the national networks.

Actually that is a trick question-those are the only 3 who moved directly from the US Senate to the White House. But some 15 other Presidents had also served as Senators at one point or another, just not right before they ran for President.

Del Dolemonte on April 29, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2011 at 5:12 PM

And Trump says his decision about running may surprise people, so maybe he declares West as VP choice straight up.
It would be great PR trick anyway.

the_nile on April 29, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Del Dolemonte on April 29, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Not a trick question, as I’m too lazy to look it up, but were there any state governors who also served as senators? And of that number, if any, did any of those individuals go on to run for the presidency?

gryphon202 on April 29, 2011 at 5:20 PM