National Black Chamber of Commerce CEO: I can’t believe I voted for this Marxist

posted at 7:25 pm on April 29, 2011 by Allahpundit

A palate cleanser via the Laura Ingraham show starring NBCC President Harry Alford. Turns out Obama’s anti-business. Who knew?

I’m tempted to call this red meat but that doesn’t begin to capture it. This meat is so red, it’s still attached to the cow. Good lord. I think I need to lie down just to digest it all. The clip’s long, but hang around at least to the point where they get to talking about Clarence Thomas. Alford is disdainful, but Ingraham is ready for him.

Update: It had slipped my mind but commenters refreshed my memory. Yes, this is in fact the same Harry Alford who went nuclear on Barbara Boxer during Senate testimony for being racially condescending.

Comments

Racist! Oh, wait… I’m so confused…

MikeknaJ on April 29, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Wasn’t this the same Harry Alford that took on Seantor Boxer during testimony & completely destroyed her?

portlandon on April 29, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Wasn’t this guy the one who was giving Sen Ma’am a piece of his mind a few years back?

OmahaConservative on April 29, 2011 at 7:32 PM

How long until he’s slurred with “Uncle Tom?” A day, maybe?

rbj on April 29, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Is this the same guy who gave the verbal smackdown to Boxer?

Mark1971 on April 29, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Racist! Oh, wait… I’m so confused…

MikeknaJ on April 29, 2011 at 7:30 PM

No, no – you’re right. We know this from the daily drumbeat of “oppose Obama = racist” we keep hearing from the left, so this fellow is certainly, undoubtedly, racist. But the left telling us that saying this means your a racist means that they’re calling this guy a racist, and he’s black, so *they* must be racists every time they suggest that anyone opposing Obama is racist.

/leftard logic simulation mode off

Midas on April 29, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Alford is the guy who read Ma’am Boxer the riot act during a senate hearing on green jobs.

Too bad it took him this long to see the light, but maybe from now on he’ll remember these people are not his friends.

juliesa on April 29, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Racist! Oh, wait… I’m so confused…

MikeknaJ on April 29, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Don’t be. You’re initial impression was correct. You can’t be a “real black man” unless you love Obama.

/any leftist.

Kataklysmic on April 29, 2011 at 7:34 PM

RAAAAAACISM!!

WannabeAnglican on April 29, 2011 at 7:35 PM

What sort of moron wouldn’t know Obama is a Marxist? The guy is part of a business association.

Beyond willful blindness how could he not know?

sharrukin on April 29, 2011 at 7:36 PM

This is classic stuff Allah. If you remain anonymous I’ll never know when you publish an awesome book!

obleo on April 29, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Then he goes on to admit that the only reason he voted for O’Bawesome was because he was also black.

cynccook on April 29, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Never insult Clarence Thomas in front of Laura.

John the Libertarian on April 29, 2011 at 7:42 PM

“I voted for him because he was black”

Unreal

CookeyD on April 29, 2011 at 7:43 PM

It will all come out ok when bho give one of the over 1K waviers to make things dandy for votes?
L

letget on April 29, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Exactly.

Now, when the rest of the white-guilt libtards and Eric Holder’s “people” wake up, we can start the long road to recovery.

I’m not holding my breath.

Flyboy on April 29, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Chamber of Commerce = Capitalism

Black Chamber of Commerce = Black Capitalists (OMG!)

Oreo slurs flying and leftist heads exploding in 5….4…..3…..

infidel4life on April 29, 2011 at 7:47 PM

What he is saying about 35% won’t support Obama may be based on the PJM Tea Party tracking poll done prior to the 2010 elections. If his is an independent (or even just personal assessment) within the black community, then there is something going on that no one is looking at and that the major polling outfits may be trying to avoid: crumbling of support for Democrats in the black community.

If that internal conversation within households moves to an inter-household dialogue, then there will be rumblings across the political spectrum that will fracture the Left and Democratic party. Even a 20% walkout would be stunning… a third or more?

I wonder if this is the ‘change’ that was talked about?

Or is it the ‘hope’?

ajacksonian on April 29, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I hope for Mr. Alford’s sake that the blinders stay off.

Left Coast Right Mind on April 29, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Nearly Nobody on April 29, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Okay, that’s just TRIPPY. What is up with that?!

John the Libertarian on April 29, 2011 at 7:53 PM

His wish of 6-7 dollars for gas is being granted and it will knock him out.

The ones who voted for Obama in droves are most hurt.

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2011 at 7:55 PM

So when will the left label Harry Alford as RACIST!

GarandFan on April 29, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Welcome to reality, sir. Perhaps you’ll enjoy freedom so much now that you’re off the plantation, you’ll decide to stay out here with the rest of the free men and women.

oldleprechaun on April 29, 2011 at 7:55 PM

“In over his head” – Obama can only run against his record and his incompetence.

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2011 at 7:57 PM

“35% of the black vote” – stored here for reference and historical record

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Blacks voted for Obam because he was black?!?!?!?

Isn’t that racist?
Weren’t they interested in the content of his character and not the color of his skin?

Guess not.

profitsbeard on April 29, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Best Buyers Remorse EVAH!

Kini on April 29, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Kini on April 29, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Yep, buyer’s remorse. About time. Big time.

petefrt on April 29, 2011 at 8:04 PM

So this guy is a CEO and is just now realizing Obama is a marxist? Wow!

Seems to me, like so many, he only voted for Obama because Obama is *gasp* black! :o

capejasmine on April 29, 2011 at 8:05 PM

This was great.
Now, get this message to your brethren, sir…. NOW !!
Sometimes all one needs is someone of integrity to make statements like these, to give others some “cover” … meaning, the boost to stand up and agree, knowing someone else is on their side.
Hope that makes sense .. does to me, just hard to describe.

pambi on April 29, 2011 at 8:06 PM

This guy is clearly a racist. This is freaking awesome. I voted for him because he is black and it is the worst mistake I ever made.

Southernblogger on April 29, 2011 at 8:14 PM

The part about not getting 35% of the black vote is fantasy land.

Southernblogger on April 29, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Laura is still using Island in the Sun by Weezer as her bumper music. Awesome. haha I haven’t been able to listen to her since they replaced her with Hannity here in Denver.sigh….I miss listening to Laura.

jawkneemusic on April 29, 2011 at 8:17 PM

I Love This Guy!!

He’s EXACTLY what you want as the head of the chamber….black/white/brown/city/state/county/what the “F” ever….wish the Speaker of the friggin’ House had this kind of passion.

Tim_CA on April 29, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Sign this guy up for the team immediately.

rrpjr on April 29, 2011 at 8:19 PM

I’m shocked — shocked! — that a black man voted for Obama because he is black. Well, except for the fact that so many white men and women voted for Obama because he is black.

Terrie on April 29, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Blacks voted for Obam because he was black?!?!?!?

Everyone voted for him because he was black. Obama admits in his own book that he ran as a cipher.

Why else would you vote for him?
His accomplishments?

His ideas?
Does not have any.

His ideals?
Those were secret until after he ascended the holy throne.

His love of country?
Ha!

His legislative record?
What now?

C’mon people! Nobody knew anything about him. That is the real takeaway message from this audio clip, the birther thing, etc…

StubbleSpark on April 29, 2011 at 8:23 PM

All the more respect for the guy for saying both things. No one will blame a black guy who isn’t a fire-breathing conservative for voting for the first black-ish President, but calling him out as a Marxist now gives this guy Absolute Moral Authority.

Jaibones on April 29, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Color me stunned.

docflash on April 29, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Wow… I guess the silence that I hear about Obama is the people who voted for him being embarrassed? Even the black people? And they won’t vote for him in 2012?… Don’t bet on it.

RalphyBoy on April 29, 2011 at 8:35 PM

This meat is so red, it’s still attached to the cow.

LOL X 1,000,000. Line of the week!

Mutnodjmet on April 29, 2011 at 8:36 PM

The Justice Thomas story is a great American rags-to-riches success story, and it’s a shame that so many fools idolize little Bammie and probably don’t even know who Clarence Thomas is.

slickwillie2001 on April 29, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Wow, this needs to be played and replayed.
This guy might be a bigger threat to Odumbo than Trump.

ORconservative on April 29, 2011 at 8:38 PM

RalphyBoy on April 29, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Bet you $20 that Mr. Alford and a sizable chunk of the black entrepreneurs in the NBCC don’t…!

Tim_CA on April 29, 2011 at 8:40 PM

He flat out tosses a knee to Barry’s nutz. It’s hilarious.

His quotes should be used in every single campaign ad.

Tim Zank on April 29, 2011 at 8:41 PM

hhhmmmmmmmm dat kool aid got a funny taste!!!

RealMc on April 29, 2011 at 8:45 PM

He will be called an uncle tom racist in 5,4,3…..
LOL
I know he will never read this but.
Dude don’t be too hard on yourself. Alot of people were duped by him and the press. The good news, you now see. Welcome to the real world.

ColdWarrior57 on April 29, 2011 at 8:56 PM

At least he was honest about voting for Obama strictly based on skin color.

OhioCoastie on April 29, 2011 at 8:57 PM

For we who cannot listen, what does he say about Clarence Thomas and what is her riposte?

Bob's Kid on April 29, 2011 at 9:02 PM

“I voted for him because he was black”

Unreal

CookeyD on April 29, 2011 at 7:43 PM

..in fairness, he copped to that fact; i.e., he realized how foolish it sounds now. What *is* unreal is his assertion that Obama’s support form a hurting black community will dwindle to 35% — from his lips to God’s ears.

I like the guy, personally. He’s aces!

The War Planner on April 29, 2011 at 9:06 PM

How long until he’s slurred with “Uncle Tom?” A day, maybe?

rbj on April 29, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Maybe they should just start embracing the term and stop being insulted by it. Because… I don’t remember all the connotations of it but It seems like the NAACP are at least as Uncle Tom as anyone.

Did Uncle Tom sell people? I can’t remember what he did. But it is the NAACP people who take total advantage of their fellows and keep them down.

Giving people hope and education about how the world works so they can succeed by their own merits. That is just not Uncle Tom.

petunia on April 29, 2011 at 9:14 PM

I’m freaking out.

rollthedice on April 29, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Even a 20% walkout would be stunning… a third or more?
ajacksonian on April 29, 2011 at 7:48 PM

If 20% of blacks voted GOP, there would always be a Republican in the White House.

holygoat on April 29, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Sounds like he’s basically got his act together but has accepted certain liberal memes as truth -likely indoctrination over time – without really thinking about it. I hope he and Thomas hit it off.

Firefly_76 on April 29, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Nearly Nobody on April 29, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Okay, that’s just TRIPPY. What is up with that?!

John the Libertarian on April 29, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Um, yes – wtf precisely *is* going on there?

Midas on April 29, 2011 at 9:42 PM

“I voted for him because he was black”

Unreal

CookeyD on April 29, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Most blacks did, that is nothing new.

But now he is working to get blacks to ‘see’ the light,..that IS something new.

tinkerthinker on April 29, 2011 at 9:46 PM

This guy will be called every name in the playbook by the so-called liberal left. Wait for it.

hillbillyjim on April 29, 2011 at 9:47 PM

I remember my epiphany, too. The best part is, once you open your eyes and see how much liberal swill you’ve been forcefed, they cannot blind you with it anymore. You start to wake up on EVERY issue.

And then the hits just keep on ‘comin =)

ace tomato on April 29, 2011 at 9:57 PM

How could he not have known the guy is a Marxist?

The only thing worse to the race men and the condescending Liberal bigots than the first black Dem presidential candidate not getting elected in the first place, is him not getting re-elected. Being a one-term president would necessitate viewing him as a failure to reasonable people, and would be unacceptable to the usual suspects.

If they’re going to equate his worthiness with his race, then of course they’ll peg his failure to his race-that is, the racism of Americans in general.

But then, I wonder what would happen to this argument that we can’t be mostly racists because the guy was elected in the first place?

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 29, 2011 at 10:04 PM

“I voted for him because he was black”

Unreal

CookeyD on April 29, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Surely you’re serious? This is real, and it’s still real. They’ll vote for him en masse again. It’s hard to leave the plantation.

SouthernGent on April 29, 2011 at 10:12 PM

That buyers remorse tastes good!

Sharr on April 29, 2011 at 10:41 PM

The part about not getting 35% of the black vote is fantasy land.

Southernblogger

If he believes that, it’s no wonder he didn’t know Obama was a Marxist. The absolute worst Obama will do with the black vote is 90%. He got 95% in 2008.

Kudos to him though for admitting why he voted for Obamao.

xblade on April 29, 2011 at 10:50 PM

I’m having trouble giving him some slack because if, in the runup to the 2008 election, I knew Obama was trouble for the country, he should have known too. It’s not like our side was keeping it a secret, we were screaming it from the rooftops. It’s aggravating that he doesn’t realize that the liberals–his side, so to speak–have so demonized the Republicans and conservatives that he didn’t even bother to listen to the other side to see if their concerns were valid.

He’s sitting there saying, “Obama’s a Marxist! He’s destroying the country!” And then admitting he voted for the guy simply because he was BLACK.

Well, because you had your race blinders on, sir, our country is circling the porcelin bowl, headed for the sewers. My only hope is that in your penance, you shout loudly enough from the rooftops that perhaps you can make that 35% of non-voters for Obama a reality in the next election, or you can kiss your country goodbye and realize you helped flush it down the crapper.

theotherone on April 29, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Wow. The buy actually admits on national radio that he voted for The One because he’s black.

edshepp on April 29, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Yep, it’s the same Harry Alford who gave Boxer hell.

Ceolas on April 30, 2011 at 12:42 AM

cynccook on April 29, 2011 at 7:40 PM

And then he admitted he was wrong – or in other words acted like an adult.

That’s a man, there. If I’d given up after some of the whoppers I’ve fallen prey to I never would have lived this long. You’ll find that out too – the only way you can be sure of not making mistakes is to do nothing at all, and I can guarandamntee you that won’t work after about age 30.

I’ve gone on before in these threads about the black people I’ve known and cared for, and who’ve cared for this fatherless boy over a long, long road. I’ve never had a doubt that all black people weren’t gonna go on being fooled by this crap forever.

Listen to the stuff Alford quotes from Booker T. Washington. “Bring yourself up, get an education, and have trust in God.” Sounds simple, and it is, but nobody taught me that until they did. Old-time common sense from people who know what hurts.

Harry Alford’s got my vote.

warbaby on April 30, 2011 at 1:14 AM

actually admits on national radio that he voted for The One because he’s black.

And 3/4′s of whites voted for him for the same reason but don’t have the guts to admit it. It couldn’t have been his record! (sarc)
I can honestly say I did not vote for Obama because of his ideology, not his skin tone. I will happily vote for Herman Cain or Alan West given the opportunity, because they are conservatives and their ideas and ideals would lead this country back to its leadership position in the world once more.

chickasaw42 on April 30, 2011 at 1:18 AM

theotherone on April 29, 2011 at 10:59 PM

To be heard by the squishy middle, it has to be said in “prime time”.

McCain needed to hit Obompeii HARD. McCain needed to call him a Marxist wannabe (and explain why) during the debates. But that would have been unseemly to clean toga McCain.

mockmook on April 30, 2011 at 1:42 AM

He based his vote on the wrong “C” word, color instead of character…

Gohawgs on April 30, 2011 at 4:11 AM

He voted for him because he’s black?
Well, F### YOU, you racist piece of obama. I hope you lose your business first.

Ronnie on April 30, 2011 at 4:15 AM

What’s even more hilarious is B.O. is half white. Black? Not so much.

tbear44 on April 30, 2011 at 5:22 AM

Good interview, I know black businessmen just like him who voted for Obama because of his color (though wouldn’t admit it as openly as he did) that are now souring on Obama, but in no way will Obama lose 30% of the black vote this time around, NO way. Obama may lose black enthusiasm and may slip to just under 90% of the black vote, but once the election is about the election of the first black President VS a white Republican, the block voting habits of the black community will remain the same as always. If Herman Cain were the nominee, maybe he could get 15% of the black vote which would be huge for the GOP, but that is a big maybe.

Daemonocracy on April 30, 2011 at 7:18 AM

Listening to that Boxer tape again, what a condescending idiot she is. And two years later, there are every less jobs in California, you b*tch. You are killing us.

Blake on April 30, 2011 at 8:01 AM

And then he admitted he was wrong – or in other words acted like an adult.

warbaby on April 30, 2011 at 1:14 AM

And then the former racist disbanded his Black Chamber of Commerce right?
After you admit the problem, the second step is usually doing something about it.

Ronnie on April 30, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Does he like Sarah?

Kissmygrits on April 30, 2011 at 9:40 AM

At last, a black man who admits he voted for Obama because he was black, and that voting for that reason was a mistake.

RebeccaH on April 30, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Seems as if Alford knew a lot about Obama and still voted for him! Jeeezz a little late.

el Vaquero on April 30, 2011 at 2:29 PM

I’m sure it’s already been said, but can you imagine the leader of a huge organization claiming “I voted for McCain because he’s White”. The State Run Media skewers anyone who criticizes obowma (D). Anyone except Blacks.

SuperManGreenLantern on May 1, 2011 at 1:25 PM