MA Republicans Not So Wild About Romneycare Either

posted at 2:20 pm on April 28, 2011 by Jazz Shaw

Coming into this presidential election cycle it was widely predicted that Mitt Romney’s health care plan, enacted back in Massachusetts, would turn out to be an albatross around his neck due to its similarities to Obamacare. Mitt’s team got together and decided on a strategy of saying that it was an issue best left up to each state, and what would work in one place wouldn’t be a good fit for the entire nation. We knew all along that this would be an unsatisfying answer to many conservatives around the country, but at the time I said that it was about the best he could do. Besides, it was a lot better than three other strategies under consideration.

1. “I thought Ted Kennedy was just kidding.”
2. “One of my aides told me I was approving a new bumper sticker saying Romney Cares.”
and of course…
3. That was before I became a conservative.

Unfortunately for Mitt, the “works for my old home state” line took another hit this week with a new poll showing that Bay State Republicans aren’t too fond of Romneycare either.

A majority of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents in Massachusetts would like to see the 2006 health care law enacted by then-Gov. Mitt Romney and the state legislature repealed and replaced with something else, according to a new survey by Magellan Strategies for NH Journal.

Romney signed the law in 2006 alongside deceased U.S. Senator and liberal lion Ted Kennedy, whom he called his “collaborator and friend.” Some of his Republican critics have attacked the plan as too liberal and Democrats have mocked Romney for inspiring President Obama’s health care reform law, which Romney opposes.

The interesting aspect of this poll is that it not only represents Republicans – who tend to skew rather moderate in MA to begin with – but the right leaning independents. This is significant erosion of GOP support in the one place Romney might have expected to find some cover for his track record on health care and can’t bode well for the debates to come.

Despite Romney’s attempts to run a carefully scripted campaign, apparently aimed at being the last man standing after the rest of the field imploded, this is one skeleton which stubbornly refuses to stay in the closet. If his primary opponents can’t come up with anything else to hit him on, expect to see Romneycare mentioned in a lot of ads later this year.

Comments

I like excuse #2.

MikeknaJ on April 28, 2011 at 2:23 PM

I’m a Massachusetts Republican, and I can tell you that Romneycare has been an unmitigated disaster.

I don’t know why Romney is even given serious consideration anymore. I suppose its the “Its his turn” factor. Because that worked so well with Dole and McCain.

cool breeze on April 28, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Excuse #3 actually true, not that he’ll admit it.

Hollowpoint on April 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Romneycare proof that Romney is not the man.

Slowburn on April 28, 2011 at 2:31 PM

My doubts about #3

That noose will follow mittens where ever

Kini on April 28, 2011 at 2:31 PM

cool breeze on April 28, 2011 at 2:25 PM

The establishment likes him. I don’t think primary voters are gonna be anymore receptive to him this time than they were in 2008. There are only 3 states he could win: New Hampshire, Utah, and Nevada.

Doughboy on April 28, 2011 at 2:31 PM

I would respect Mitt more on this issue if he could just admit what a huge mistake this is and use it to bash Obamacare!

It is not a success, Mitt. Romneycare should be scrapped! If you started calling for that…. I might could get on your bandwagon again.

Mitt has much going for him… most here don’t think so I know, but I think he could get the government cut backs we all want! I still think that experience with saving companies from bad management is a very strong selling point! And he is about the only one who has both business experience and government experience.

Romneycare is not his only draw back, he did mush around getting his conservative priorities in order, but he did eventually come down on the right side of things. I understand people’s problems with that, but none of the rest look squeaky clean either. None of them!

Romneycare is the deal breaker for me, I am flummoxed why so many people still want him.

I don’t understand how we can say repeal Obamacare with one breath and keep Romneycare with the next.

It is such a big deal I don’t understand why he is even running.

Of course if he weren’t we wouldn’t have anyone but Pawlenty in yet! Wow.

Come on candidates it is time to fish or cut bait!

I want to know my choices.

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 2:33 PM

There are only 3 states he could win: New Hampshire, Utah, and Nevada.

Doughboy on April 28, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Oh come on. You must know better than that. I know the Palin love is strong with you… but really?

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Rommney’s had his day in the sunshine. His 15 minutes are up.

GarandFan on April 28, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Doughboy on April 28, 2011 at 2:31 PM

He looks moderately strong in Florida too.

Not a fan of Romneycare, but I am not going to dismiss Romney. He may pull in the independents. I’ll vote for any one except Schmuckabee.

entropent on April 28, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Republicans are not very smart, not even in MA.

Falz on April 28, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Republicans are not very smart, not even in MA.

Falz on April 28, 2011 at 2:45 PM

That is um well a very sweeping statement, with which there is nothing to disagree or agree with.

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 2:48 PM

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 2:34 PM

What other states is he gonna win? He’ll get wiped out in the South(unless both Huckster and Palin sit out which is unlikely). The Northeast is far from a guarantee(aside from the aforementioned New Hampshire) given that he left the governor’s office with low poll numbers and Romneycare is a fiscal train wreck. And how much better is he gonna do in Florida when he didn’t win there in 2008 against a weaker field?

Doughboy on April 28, 2011 at 2:48 PM

I’ll vote for any one except Schmuckabee.

entropent on April 28, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Awww… a fellow squish! Although I can out squish you. I will even vote for Huckabee over Obama. I’m telling you no body can out do me. I want a new direction for this country.

Even though Trump scares the beejeebie out of me… why would he need even more power than his money gives him…. I would vote just to get things on another track! Any other track!

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 2:50 PM

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 2:33 PM

I’m not here to say keep RomneyCare but there is a huge difference between it and ObamaCare. RomneyCare is Constitutional and ObamaCare is not. The difference is because of Federalism.

MJBrutus on April 28, 2011 at 2:53 PM

I’m a Massachusetts Republican…

cool breeze on April 28, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Oh! So you’re the other one!

All kidding aside, you can fit the entire Republican delegation to Beacon Hill into a Chevy Suburban.

Republicans are not very smart, not even in MA.

Falz on April 28, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Really? Present company excluded, I certainly hope.

turfmann on April 28, 2011 at 2:55 PM

MJBrutus on April 28, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Amen

Falz on April 28, 2011 at 2:56 PM

States are laboratories for ideas, for better and for worse. If the experiment failed, fine, repeal it. It’s much easier to do at the state level. I’d be interested to know what the “something else” is that they want to replace it with.

Buy Danish on April 28, 2011 at 2:59 PM

MJBrutus on April 28, 2011 at 2:53 PM

A distinction without a difference. They are both socialized medicine, and Mitt Romney seems to be incapable of honesty in that regard.

State-level socialism =/= unconstitutional

State-level socialism = bad idea

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Doughboy on April 28, 2011 at 2:48 PM

I haven’t actually thought about it for a long time… I think any Republican has a very good chance to beat Obama if inflation doesn’t get under control.

Are you talking Primary or General? Because I agree the Primary will be really hard… but he did even win Michigan last time. And the west. He would definitely get Arizona… I’m recently from there, he’s popular enough.

But in the General? I think he is probably stronger than most, because at that point, Romenycare becomes a plus. Independents who really want some kind of national solution will trust him not to simply repeal Obamacare but to tweak it. And Democrats won’t care all that much either way. All but the stanchest of them are pretty discouraged about Obama.

Which is an excellent reason for him to lose the Primary.

I want a better choice, darn it! Pawlenty start campaigning! Daniels get in! Huckabee stay out, please.

And if none of you, who have the knowledge and experience to do a really good job, if you are not brave enough to try… (a scary thought) let’s bring in Palin, she is probably the best of the newbies. Although Ryan would give her a run in that category.

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:01 PM

I used to be a Mitten.
Then I discovered the truth behind RomneyCare.
Now I am no longer a Mitten.

MJBrutus on April 28, 2011 at 2:53 PM
Amen

Falz on April 28, 2011 at 2:56 PM

I agree.
The states can do basically almost whatever they like via the state legislative process.
What works for ND may not work for MA.
ND has either passed, or is going to pass, legislation or something other basically claiming that North Dakotans will not be forced to purchase health insurance.
Someone on the radio came out crying that State law cannot trump Federal law, to which I say: BULLSH!TE

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Republicans are not very smart, not even in MA.

Falz on April 28, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Democrats for Romney!

Kataklysmic on April 28, 2011 at 3:04 PM

State-level socialism = bad idea

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 3:01 PM

I also agree.
But they at least have the right to go down that road if they want.
Which means I would move away from that state if I lived there.
Feet do the talking when it comes to the state govt experiment.
We have but to look at places like CA, WA, MI etc. to see that.
The exodus of refugees is amazing.
At least here in ND. We are seeing a LOT of these people moving here.

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 3:06 PM

MJBrutus on April 28, 2011 at 2:53 PM

It is a small difference not a huge difference.

And it isn’t working! It is being subidized by the feds to even be as good as it is!

I don’t think it is even mostly Romney’s fault… they were going to get something with or without him and he says he improved what they wanted, I dont’ know … but he will not admit defeat! It is a big big mistake, the whole thing!

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:06 PM

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Did someone mention Sarah Palin? No, it’s just your 24/7 obsession. You’ll never be 1/10 the woman she is. Learn to accept it and you’ll be far happier.

bw222 on April 28, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 3:06 PM

I still think Mitt was the best available in 2008.

And since we don’t know who is even in yet…

But Romneycare is just too much to swallow for me too.

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM

And now the thread =a Palin-bashing orgy in the maknig.
WTF is wrong with people?

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 3:11 PM

bw222 on April 28, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Okay okay, I give Sarah Palin, peace be upon her, is 10 times the woman I am…. but she is still a newbie and I want experience. Unless I can’t get it then she will do.

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Petunia at 2:33pm

I wonder the same thing all the time about Romney, and I really don’t want him for this reason. I would come out forcefully and say “Look, I passed socialized medicine in Massachusetts and it’s been a total disaster. If anyone knows about this type of governmental healthcare, it’s me”. And I would have used that to beat Obamalinsky into the dirt all those months ago. And been a frontrunner by now doing that. Is he stupid? Is he that tone deaf? Is he a wimp? Does he just go the way the polls go? Is that why he’s not declared yet? All these questions have turned me from someone who really liked him as a candidate in ’07 and ’08 into a voter who would only pull the lever for him in a general as I know he’s not as much of a Commie as Obammie. If he doesn’t have the nerve to be his own man, why would I want Obamalinsky light? A lot of people laugh about Sarah Palin, but I think she’s got more balls than all of the Republican men running put together. I like Bachmann as well. Seems the Republican ladies have more balls and are unabashedly pro-American. If there is one thing that will make me vote it’s how pro-American they are and how they’re going to slap Barry’s face with it during the upcoming debates…….

adamsmith on April 28, 2011 at 3:12 PM

This is attacking the wrong person, but the HA crowd won’t get it until we have term 2 of Obama, and lose the Supreme Court and 1/2 the Judiciary.

scotash on April 28, 2011 at 3:12 PM

And now the thread =a Palin-bashing orgy in the maknig.
WTF is wrong with people?

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Heh?

I pretty much thought we were here to bash Mitt. Was that a joke?

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:13 PM

But Romneycare is just too much to swallow for me too.

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM

I agree. ’08 was brutal considering the available choices.
I want Palin.
Ooops!
There I said it.
Cries of Palinista-will they soon follow?

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 3:14 PM

I pretty much thought we were here to bash Mitt. Was that a joke?

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:13 PM

I’m not here to bash Mitt. Just to point out his glaring problems.
Still would be a good POTUS I think, despite this.
But the Palin crap IMHO should stop.
She’s a good candidate, too.
And IMHO much better than Romney.

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I will, however, not be averse to bashing Huckabee.
He really really rubs me the wrong way.
Like Hillary Clinton did.
And OBama.

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Obama approval hit hard in PA.

Schadenfreude on April 28, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Petunia at 2:33pm

adamsmith on April 28, 2011 at 3:12 PM

I know. About Romney it is rather sad that he just can’t seem to let go of the hope that it will be a good thing he did. It isn’t. It is a huge, career killing, mistake.

I don’t really put much stock in all the tough talk of Bachman or Palin or others equaling someone who has the credientials to do a good job running the country.

I like the tough talk… mostly, but until they have run businesses, until they have been governor and not been beaten down by the left… have stood there ground and gained respect from those who disagree with them… I just don’t see a President. I see a value to the cause, but not a President. Michelle is only a Representive, I don’t think anyone has ever gone from that body to the Whitehouse. It is not preparation for President.

I don’t want someone who is an unproven leader. That is like electing a wish or a hope. I want proof that they know how to do it.

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:22 PM

I’m not here to bash Mitt. Just to point out his glaring problems.
Still would be a good POTUS I think, despite this.
But the Palin crap IMHO should stop.
She’s a good candidate, too.
And IMHO much better than Romney.

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I just meant that it is obvious where Jazz Shaw stands in regards to Romney… so it is a Mitt bashing thread.

Although I don’t feel any unkind feelings toward any of them… it is really easy to be seen as bashing Palin. She is part of the family for many many her and it is like calling their sister ugly… you just can’t win.

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM

I will, however, not be averse to bashing Huckabee.
He really really rubs me the wrong way.
Like Hillary Clinton did.
And OBama.

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 3:16 PM

I with you on that. Smarmy squish preacher.

NJ Red on April 28, 2011 at 3:26 PM

I think there is something up with my computer… that last one was all mixed when it came out.

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:26 PM

I with you on that. Smarmy squish preacher.

NJ Red on April 28, 2011 at 3:26 PM

I did not say I like him. I just would vote for him over Obama.

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:27 PM

I did not say I like him. I just would vote for him over Obama.

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:27 PM

I don’t want to be in the position to choose between those two losers. It was bad enough voting for McCain.

NJ Red on April 28, 2011 at 3:30 PM

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:22 PM

From what I have seen & read about concerning Palin’s background, she is a proven leader.
IDK abt Bachmann.
But soncider this: a good leader does not need to have run a fortune 500 company or a state to be a good POTUS.
Leadership can be learned, but it is also a talent some people have.
I would feel very comfortable voting for Palin.
I like Romeny bcs of his corporate experience.
But he’s too squishy for me.
Too slick. Scripted.
Can’t nail him down.
I like Palin.
She is not necessarily scripted.
And more importantly, she has loads of common sense.
I would trust her to pick the right people to surround herself with to help her get the job done.
I also like Paul Ryan, but don’t know enough about him yet at this point.
My REAL pick is Allen West.
I just love that guy.

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Speaking about Ted Kennedy, Romney, should have said, “collaborator, friend, drunkard, communist, sex addict, not yet tried for manslaughter or rape – a true example of how to live above the law.

Danny on April 28, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 3:31 PM

I like West too but, once again, the required experience is just not there. He was a Corenal… not even a general and has never held any political office? I just don’t see how you go from that to dealing with Iran and China. Also, he is coming from the House, the House is not known as a training ground for Presidents.

Palin… I know so many who have really paid attention to her think she is really great.

But I see so much of what other’s like about her as mistakes. I see potential, but somehow she has got to find a way to gain respect from people who aren’t exactly like her.

I guess my thinking is just too conventional.

I’m really afaid that all the people who have the experience I think is so important are too afraid of the mess Obama is leaving… or they don’t think he can be beat or something… and they aren’t going to try.

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:41 PM

A Corenal? I bet that would surprise him… um read my mind please, my spell check thing is just weird!

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Danny on April 28, 2011 at 3:40 PM

You forgot to add Treasonous communist sympathizer.
Why is it a good idea to undermine your sitting POTUS to entertain secret meetings with a top soviet official?

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 3:42 PM

the required experience is just not there.
petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Wow.
I’m sorry. But have you ever seen the military in action?
As a former military spouse, as well as a four year ROTC student in High School, I will vehemently disagree with you aobut the leadership qualities & capabilities of a military man such as West.
In fact, I cannot think of a better training ground for POTUS than the military ranks.
In your camp, George Washington himself would not be a viable candidate.

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Danny on April 28, 2011 at 3:40 PM

I have a few friends myself with whom I differ morally. They are still valuable as human beings and good friends.

However, from the perspective of not being on the same social latter as Kennedy… I agree with your new wording.

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:46 PM

In your camp, George Washington himself would not be a viable candidate.

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Has West been Commander-in-chief during a revolution from the mother country that I missed?

The military is absolutely great experience but, West is hardly in the same league as Washington! When Washington was a Cor. he wasn’t ready either, he had a long way to go.

How do you spell it!?
He is building a resume with Congress. But not yet.

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:51 PM

State-level socialism =/= unconstitutional

State-level socialism = bad idea

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Fidelity to the Constitution is a distinction without a difference? It’s nice to know that you value that document so little.

If you did value it and if you had knowledge of what it says and how it came to be, then you would know that our founders intended to allow the states to be laboratories for experimentation of legal solutions. You would know that they intended it so that we could see what works and what doesn’t. That we could choose to move to another state and still retain our national residence and identity if we liked the laws in a different state better.

But your education being what it is leaves those “ifs” just wishful thinking.

MJBrutus on April 28, 2011 at 3:55 PM

How do you spell it!?
He is building a resume with Congress. But not yet.

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:51 PM

I am well read on George Washington.
I am well aware of his successes & failures.
POTUS is not some office where one needs to ‘train’ necessarily.
In fact I would argue that it is this very thinking that is giving us all of these career politicians & fame/wealth seekers. Using the office for selfish reasons instead of serving your country.
Fledglings are not always incompetent.
Unless some wonderfully well groomed & educated experienced super POTUS candidate screams to the forefront, there is nothing wrong with those folks stepping up to the plate.
McCain was never a good idea.
And you look at Reagan-I’m sure a ton of people thought that was a bad idea.
Not enough ‘experience’.
Sometimes experience & ‘training’ for the POTUS is not all it’s cracked to be.

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 4:03 PM

I will continue to assert that this notion of having some sort of ‘training ground’ for POTUS smacks of monarchism.
So only specially trained folks are ‘qualified’ for POTUS.
LEt’s just let Americans decide whether they want a Palin, a West, a Romney, a (gasp) Huckabee, or a (gulp) Ron Paul, Nader, (ugh) Obama etc for their POTUS.
A complete neohpyte in leadership would be better than what we have now.

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 4:06 PM

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Uh, Reagan was a 2 term governor of the biggest state in the union. And as for Washington, well there wasn’t a whole lot of places to get experience in government before we had, you know, a government.

MJBrutus on April 28, 2011 at 4:07 PM

West is hardly in the same league as Washington!
petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:51 PM

I would like to ask how you know this.
Let’s ask the men who served under him, shall we?
Just bcs he didn’t lead in a Rev war does not mean he isn’t capable of great things.

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 4:08 PM

MJBrutus on April 28, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Thanks for schooling me.
Just to let you know, I knew that.
I actually lived in SoCal for a while during my youth.
So I’m well aware of his contribution to that state.
I am also well aware of the governmental situation during Washington’s time.
I am making the point that even though West does not have Rev War experience, has not been a governor of a state, twice or once, has only been in the House for a short time etc does not mean he could not be a good POTUS.
That is all I’m saying.
It’s too bad you need to resort to thinly veiled contempt in order to say something.

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Sorry, but Petunia has it right. Can West acquire the needed experience to handle the job in time? Sure. But being a Lt. Col. while a fine start is nothing like what is needed. No, I’m not saying that one must be a career politician, but I am saying that having led a large organization successfully would be one such requirement. For example, the way Cain made a success with Godfather’s Pizza or that Daniels did in governing Indiana.

Faking an execution to extract information from a bad guy is cool, it is not a qualification to run the entire country!

MJBrutus on April 28, 2011 at 4:12 PM

As I have said before. Dead. To. Me.

SittingDeadRed on April 28, 2011 at 4:16 PM

MJBrutus on April 28, 2011 at 4:12 PM

That is not all he’s about.
But that of course is your opinion.
IMHO I think he’s just as good as any of the others we’ve entertained so far.

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM

State-level socialism = bad idea
gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 3:01 PM

If a sixteen year old thinks a commune can work with a handful of his closest friends, that can always be easily explained as nothing more than a combination of congenital stupidity and massive drug abuse.

But when a physically full-grown man thinks that Socialized Medicine can work on a STATE LEVEL, there is no possible excuse.

OK, I guess anything’s possible. But let’s face it: even if one were to take a gigantic leap of faith, and imagine that there could – somehow, theoretically – be a rational explanation for such a consummate lack of common sense, morality and judgement, it’s perfectly safe to say that mumbling something about: “Um, maybe federalism made me do it… or something” sure as Hell ain’t it.

logis on April 28, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Al Gore was instrumental in getting TennCare with McWherter, who was governor at the time, in Tennessee which is similar to RomneyCare. It was a financial disaster. If Gore had of carried his home state in the 2000 election he would’ve been president as Florida would’ve been irrelevant. Tenncare could’ve been a factor as it will be for Romney.

volsense on April 28, 2011 at 4:36 PM

That is not all he’s about.
But that of course is your opinion.
IMHO I think he’s just as good as any of the others we’ve entertained so far.

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM

No, you’re right that he’s about more than that. Unfortunately he has little more than that to back him up at this point.

Look at it this way, think of the qualifications for the job. You would want a pilot to fly your plane who has never even sat at a simulator and has no flight training?

We already have an unqualified President and putting in an unqualified R would be no better. What we got was a delegator in chief. Pelosi and Reid wrote all the Porkulus and ObamaCare. That is why PBHO can’t even sell the legislation he supposedly authored without getting the content all wrong. He is not qualified to check that the end product is what he intended because he can’t understand the nitty gritty that it is composed of.

We do not need another one of those, even if he’s a nice guy that makes the kind of noises that we like to hear. We need someone who is capable of mastering the details even if as he delegates appropriately.

MJBrutus on April 28, 2011 at 4:44 PM

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Why do you continue to peddle the dishonest meme? (LIE)

Palin has been at this for 20 years and has held more EXECUTIVE level jobs in government than anyone even considering running.

I know one thing, you “anyone but Obama” people are crazy. (I’m directing this at everyone, BTW)

If you think electing liberal Republicans like Romney, Huckabee, Gingrich, Daniels, or Pawlenty is anything better than arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, you are insane.

All of these jackwagons are just a slow ride to hell. They MIGHT nibble around the edges a bit, but they will do little to slow down our pending doom, nor will they work to change the culture of government.

We need someone who will actually STOP this nonsense and turn this nation around in the other direction.

There is only one person who is capable of doing this, and that’s Sarah Palin. PERIOD.

Look, I love Allen West and Herman Cain. Both are true gentlemen, but neither have the experience required or the ability to be elected POTUS. We need a strong leader with EXECUTIVE experience at the highest levels.

Again, that’s Sarah Palin.

She’s balanced budgets and created multi-billion dollar surpluses.

She’s proven she knows how to work. When she took office as Governor, Sarah had an incredibly aggressive agenda. She kept every single campaign promise, and more. And she did it in only two years. That’s leadership. The kind of leadership we MUST have.

Anything less is a waste of time.

gary4205 on April 28, 2011 at 5:06 PM

MJBrutus on April 28, 2011 at 4:44 PM

POTUS does not have this power to destroy the country.
OBama is not solely responsible for all of this.
It is the hundreds in Congress over time that are responsible for all of this.
As well as those citizens who stood by & did nothing when they should have done something.
It is the fault of the state legislators & their constituents who did not demand they do their jobs.
It is the fault of the citizen who took a benefit they did not need.
Etcetera.
POTUS is a figure that helps get things done, motivates & guides & chooses those to fill positions they know will do their job.
POTUS does not create jobs.
POTUS does not destroy anything unless the will of the people are behind him or her.
It really is that simple.
It may help to have executive experience out the wazoo.
But it is not necessary.
I’ve known many people with impressive resumes.
And they were incompetent.
A POTUS is not flying a plane where a small mistake in leadership will immediately cause the destruction or death of the Republic.
Sorry.
But I’m of the mind that anyone can be POTUS & do a good job at it, no mater what their experience.

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 5:32 PM

MJBrutus on April 28, 2011 at 4:44 PM

BTW I’m unfamiliar with your choice. Who represents this?

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Doughboy on April 28, 2011 at 2:31 PM

LOL! He has zero chance in NH. The state flipped serious red last November.

dogsoldier on April 28, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Badger40 on April 28, 2011 at 5:33 PM

If he runs, I like Mitch Daniels.

MJBrutus on April 28, 2011 at 5:56 PM

gary4205 on April 28, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I dislike constantly being called dishonest by Palin supporters.

Since you insist that I am dishonest, the rest of your opinions about me or others, are of no value, and will be summarily dismissed as irrelevant to the rational mind.

petunia on April 28, 2011 at 6:10 PM

I never got that premise. If it’s great for Massachusetts, why wouldn’t it be great for the country?

pseudoforce on April 28, 2011 at 9:29 PM

State-level socialism =/= unconstitutional

State-level socialism = bad idea

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 3:01 PM

RomneyCare is NOT socialism. Not even close to it.

Conservative Samizdat on April 29, 2011 at 2:34 AM

RomneyCare is NOT socialism. Not even close to it.

Conservative Samizdat on April 29, 2011 at 2:34 AM

Of course not. It’s just the government taking over an industry.

Besides, everyone knows that calling Socialism “Socialism” is racist.

logis on April 29, 2011 at 1:48 PM