GOP frontrunner: Krauthammer’s a “sad fool”

posted at 4:26 pm on April 28, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via Breitbart. Another silver lining of a Trump candidacy: The better he does, the more nervous big-name conservative pundits will get and the more likely it is that we’ll see amusing feuds like this erupt in the media. Even Rush, who’s otherwise been well disposed to him, has now started nudging listeners that the new tea-party favorite isn’t much of a conservative. And pretty soon it won’t be just the punditocracy who’s after him. Rand Paul goofed on him this morning by demanding to see his Republican registration certificate. How long before bigger fish start biting?

Maybe not long:

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely Republican Primary Voters finds Trump with 19% support, just ahead of the former governors, Massachusetts’ Romney at 17% and Arkansas’ Huckabee with 15%.

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin and ex-House Speaker Newt Gingrich are tied for fourth place with nine percent (9%) each, closely followed by Texas Congressman Ron Paul at eight percent (8%). Rounding out the list are former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty (5%) and Mitch Daniels, the current governor of Indiana, at three percent (3%). Five percent (5%) like some other candidate, and 11% are undecided when presented with this list of candidates.

In January, before Trump began making noises about seeking the GOP nomination, Romney led the pack among likely primary voters with 24% support, followed by Palin (19%), Huckabee (17%) and Gingrich (11%).

Trump leads among tea partiers, who are supposed to be ideological puritans but for the moment seem to prize confrontation above all else. That may help explain why his surge has coincided with a drop for Palin, not just in Rasmussen’s poll here but in the new Nevada numbers from PPP. Normally she’s the person most identified with taking it to Obama; he’s momentarily filled that niche, but she’ll reclaim it once his bubble inevitably pops.

Now, a question: My theory yesterday was that O finally released the birth certificate to hand Trump a victory that would further boost him among the Republican base. Is that true — or was their intent actually the opposite? From the Wall Street Journal:

Democratic officials said the White House wouldn’t have released the president’s long-form birth certificate if Mr. Obama’s job-approval ratings were strong and his personal favorability ratings were high enough to counter negative innuendos. But, they said, with so many economic factors souring the public mood, especially soaring gas prices, there was growing fear in the West Wing that angry Americans were more open to believing the conspiracy theories surrounding Mr. Obama’s eligibility for the presidency.

By releasing the fuller birth certificate, White House and Obama campaign officials were also hoping to take away—or at least tone down—Mr. Trump’s megaphone. One Democratic official said the attention showered on Mr. Trump was making likelier candidates for the GOP nomination, such as former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, look more acceptable by comparison. That, in turn, would make it harder to portray the eventual GOP nominee as catering to the conservative fringe.

The left will, as always, try to kookify the GOP nominee next year and Trump potentially makes that more difficult for them by raising the bar for kookery dramatically. In which case, by releasing the birth certificate, they’re not trying to inflate his candidacy but to deflate it by exposing his big talking point as nonsense and keeping the kook bar low. But why do that now instead of letting him hang around a bit longer? Maybe more viable candidates like Pawlenty will panic that he’s sucking up media oxygen and, in desperation, resort to some kookier stuff themselves, which Democrats could then use against them later. The only explanation I can come up with for trying to take Trump down now is the AP’s, namely, that the Birther stuff was catching on more in the mainstream and had the potential to do Obama some damage with undecideds.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Quick…name someone, anyone that can take it to Obama and get the media like Trump? I can only think of one guy who might come close if he flipped sides…Bill Clinton.

magic kingdom on April 28, 2011 at 6:56 PM

I can think of only one other person that’s come anywhere near that standard, and she’s not considered a “serious candidate.” But give it time. Trump can only ride the anti-Obama wave for so long until people start asking what he’s going to do to reverse the damage, and I think that’s where he’ll fall short.

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 6:58 PM

You see, the problem is, many people who post on blogs are like the fans that go to sports games. After a while, they think they are part of the team. Then, they personally invest themselves in this party, or that party, or this politician, or that politician. But who the he$$ cares?

A politician is a politician is a politician. They all a suck. Allen West, he’s an alright guy. But, if West stays in long enough, he’ll suck a$$ too. Marco Rubio, I like him. But if he stays in long enough, he’ll suck a$$ too. Palin, well women tend to suck a$$ even faster than men do when it comes to politics. I like Ron Paul, but even he does a lot of things that I think suck a$$. That’s just the nature of politics. Politics is not noble. It’s dirty and politics makes clean people dirty.

So, what not give a businessman who doesn’t give a rat’s a$$ a shot? I’m sure he won’t do any worse. I’ll take an confrontational hard a$$ who will cut spending without hesitation or concern over any of the choices we’ve had so far.

j_galt on April 28, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Rush has been ate up with Trump and other wealthy types more and more lately. I think he’s becoming comfortable as one of the country club types and Trump is Mr. Country Club (at least at the ones he buys). It must be killing him to finally have to start calling Trump what he is. Sorry Rush, no more golf rounds with Trump at one of his million country clubs, *sniffle* Well, fuel for the G550 has been getting a little high anyway (as he tells us constantly).

jnelchef on April 28, 2011 at 7:03 PM

j_galt on April 28, 2011 at 7:01 PM

“Confrontational hardass” is where your description ends in its appropriateness. The only two people Trump has ever talked about confronting are Obama and the Chinese president. Given what Trump has said about Paul Ryan’s budget, I’m not real sanguine about the chance that he’d actually cut spending in any meaningful way.

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 7:04 PM

“Just a fun dig at the Palin fans, notice how half of them are now Trump fans? Little bit fickle of a group wouldn’t you say?

Palin is actually my second choice, but it’s a long second since she’s not really qualified to be President similar to Obama’s sparse record, but she is still a good woman.

scotash on April 28, 2011 at 6:35 PM”

You sir are a sad fool and a liar. The points Trump has stolen is from other contenders as Sarah’s numbers in most polls have remained at 9%. Second if you believed Sarah Palin isn’t qualified why would she be on your list?

There is no comparison of Obama’s record of voting present in comparison to Sarah Palin’s record of public service. No one paved the way for her in her road to become Governor of her state, a world of difference.

Trump is challenging the President without fear and the press doesn’t seem to understand how to manage his aggressive style. People are cheering him on because they want someone to fight the aloof spendaholic occupying the White House.

Africanus on April 28, 2011 at 7:06 PM

To all the people defending Trump, or looking forward to him facing Obama, can I ask an honest question? What are you smoking?

Anyone who donates hundreds of thousands of dollars to both political parties (nearly equal, but slightly favoring Democrats), flip-flops on issues, and constantly reassesses who the worst President is…such a person does not have any concrete standards, ideals, or principles.

I still cannot believe many of you are willing to support a man who has donated money to some of your most despised Democrats.

Again, I ask…what are you all smoking? Puff-puff-pass already!

ynot4tony2 on April 28, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Do you even pay attention to politics? Really? Double standards? That’s what you got against Trump? Good grief. What are you, a freshman polisci major?

j_galt on April 28, 2011 at 7:06 PM

HalJordan on April 28, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Patton would choose Trump as one of his Colonels. Krauthammer would be a clerk/typist.

Actually, Patton would likely throw Trump in the klink for donating money to the enemy.

ynot4tony2 on April 28, 2011 at 7:06 PM

If Trump and Palin team up….the left will go insane. I sort of live for that moment.

I notice that Palin likes Trump, she is supportive of Trump, and I also notice Rush..the grand master…is also giving Trump a bit of a pass as things get going.

Trump will either implode or he will get his conservitave Tea Party talking points down and be a huge force in the primaries. Who doesn’t want to see this dude in a debate?

magic kingdom on April 28, 2011 at 7:07 PM

j_galt on April 28, 2011 at 7:06 PM

There’s also scores of eminent domain abuses, graft(and yes, I know he hasn’t been convicted), and attention whoring that makes Obama look like a piker. But that’s all I’ve got, so I guess it’s weak tea./

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 7:08 PM

j_galt on April 28, 2011 at 7:01 PM

The problem is that you’re projecting conservatism on Trump that isn’t true. He’s a good Obama basher and stalking horse because he got a name and knows how to shovel more BS than obama, but he’s not good candidate.

the_nile on April 28, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Again, I ask…what are you all smoking? Puff-puff-pass already!

ynot4tony2 on April 28, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Enjoying a ego-fueled sideshow at Obama’s expense (which I am) is not the same as “ZOMG I CANNOT WAIT TO CAST MY BALLOT FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP” (which I am not).

Jeddite on April 28, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Magnus on April 28, 2011 at 6:18 PM

I want to get Obama out of office.

No, you don’t.

But I don’t to put another douche there.

Nobody’s forcing you to run.

I think its a HUGE mistake to put your support behind this man. A huge mistake.

Make up your mind. Is it HUGE or just “huge?”

You all act like Trump is the new GOP Messiah and anyone that doesn’t bow down at his feet (which I’m sure he’d love) is somehow not allowed in the club.

There is admiration for the way Trump made Obama grovel. Could Mitt Romney do that? Trump’s next target is Obama’s academic records. That should be even more fun.

I think he is a fool, a hypocrite, a huge phony, he doesn’t know anything about running a country and he runs his business like a thug.

And Trump is worth several billions of dollars. If he offered you a job, you’d take it.

Emperor Norton on April 28, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Trump sounded pretty good the other day about drilling for our own oil. He wants to blow up Obamacare…he is not going to raise taxes..

Not a bad start for a guy who many conservatives mock.

magic kingdom on April 28, 2011 at 7:11 PM

j_galt on April 28, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Yes…”all” I have against Trump is that he’s donated thousands of dollars to some very despicable Democrats. That is “all”. You’re so right. I should lick his toes like so many on this page seem eager to do.

What are you, a fan of reality tv?

ynot4tony2 on April 28, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Not a bad start for a guy who many conservatives mock.

magic kingdom on April 28, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Outside of calling Trump an attention whore — and I don’t know who would debate that — I have said nothing negative about the man that isn’t 100% factual. You may fall for the “come to Jesus” schtick, but I don’t buy it.

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Did Krauthammer scare Obama into giving up his magical birth cetificate?
Nope.

Let’s Trump keep bruising the Boy King and then a real candidate can move in, mop up, and win.

Trump will likely lose interest by mid-Summer, anyway.

And maybe get a new wife, too.

profitsbeard on April 28, 2011 at 7:14 PM

And maybe get a new wife, too.

profitsbeard on April 28, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Isn’t a given?

Sharr on April 28, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Trump will likely lose interest by mid-Summer, anyway.

And maybe get a new wife, too.

profitsbeard on April 28, 2011 at 7:14 PM

But what if he doesn’t?

Lose interest, I mean?

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Trump will likely lose interest by mid-Summer, anyway.
And maybe get a new wife, too.

What’s wrong with his current wife?

Emperor Norton on April 28, 2011 at 7:18 PM

ynot4tony2 on April 28, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Its not exactly a shocker that a businessman based in New York City is going to tend to bribe donate to liberal politicians. I am not saying he’s any more conservative than the GOP cookie cutter candidate, but nor is he any less conservative than they are. They are all RINO’s and I would take a RINO with some courage over a cowardly RINO. Sarah Palin is of course the exception to all of that.

sharrukin on April 28, 2011 at 7:18 PM

It’s like ya’ll think politicians are good people and have standards and principles. It’s so cute.

j_galt on April 28, 2011 at 7:21 PM

magic kingdom on April 28, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Why would that ever happen? Sarah Palin is a conservative. Donald Trump is… not.

Why would a Palin supporter ever even want that to happen?

Run as a Democrat, Donald. That’d be fine by me.

MikeknaJ on April 28, 2011 at 7:21 PM

sharrukin on April 28, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Which Republican candidate engaged in documented eminent domain abuse? Which one would you call a graft artist, and more importantly, why? If Trump is just another RINO, it’s worth asking yourself what he has in common with the rest of the field, and what the rest of the field has in common with him.

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 7:22 PM

SC.Charlie on April 28, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Kraut is great on most things but I don’t believe he has a feel for the populace outside of DC. Friends of mine that voted for Obama and now, are for anyone not Obama, say they are tired of the establishment driving the country into a hole, and that includes the media. Some are liberal friends that say they would never “join” a Tea Party, but agree with everything the Tea Party movement stands for.

For Kraut to pick Romney, Daniels, Barbour and T-Paw as the front runners tells you how well he is connected with the population. The reason Trump is strong right now is because he fights. The same can be said for Christie’s and Palin’s popularity. They are known to speak there mind and tell it like it is.

People want the truth and they want someone to fight for them. That’s why Obama won in the first place. He acted like a fighter to the lib’s, the media latched on, covered for him and here we are. The problem is his policies suck, people’s pocketbooks are getting thinner and Obama’s skin is getting thinner. He no longer comes off as a believable person because he now has a record, and needles to say, a pisspore one at that.

Kraut needs to get outside of DC more often.

CTSherman on April 28, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Palin is my favorite. But she can’t defend herself the way Trump can from the disgusting media and the vile socialist left. Trump has been around for decades, he has billions of dollars and he scares people who dare challenge him because his policy is to attack and destroy all who cross him.

Palin has none of this going for her and I think it’s why so many of us fear she can’t win if she runs. I hate to see Palin attacked..part of me doesn’t want to see her go through the BS if she runs.

magic kingdom on April 28, 2011 at 7:23 PM

jnelchef on April 28, 2011 at 7:03 PM

I sometimes wonder if Rush Limbaugh isn’t more interested in golf than in the conservative movement.

For non-golfers, the only thing more boring than watching golf is listening to people talk about golf.

bw222 on April 28, 2011 at 7:24 PM

j_galt on April 28, 2011 at 7:21 PM

The only standard and principle that Sarah Palin stood up for to most of the public’s knowledge has supposedly disqualified her from higher office. That says more about the electorate than it says about Palin.

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 7:24 PM

How will Obama “kookify” Gov. Romney?

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2011 at 7:26 PM

magic kingdom on April 28, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Then you are a spineless worm.

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 7:26 PM

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 7:24 PM

I think you left some words out. Can you try that again?

j_galt on April 28, 2011 at 7:28 PM

How will Obama “kookify” Gov. Romney?

Maybe something about the sacred underwear?

Emperor Norton on April 28, 2011 at 7:29 PM

I guess Trump has established his street cred now as a real right wing conservative, since he really does want to “take their oil”. Of course, all conservatives have been accused of wanting to do that in Iraq since day one.

Really Right on April 28, 2011 at 7:30 PM

I think you left some words out. Can you try that again?

j_galt on April 28, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Okay. I’ll type real slowly:

I believe that quitting the governorship was the right thing for Sarah Palin to do, both ethically and morally, under the circumstances. If doing the right thing disqualifies Sarah Palin from office, we deserve another four years of Barack Obama.

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Finally someone calls out the progressive Republican Krauthammer. I’ve always wondered why so-called conservatives have always supported the liberal Krauthammer.

True_King on April 28, 2011 at 7:31 PM

I’m not a Trump supporter, but I support what he’s doing. He’s making all of the right people squirm. That said, he’ll never get the GOP nomination. He’ll have flip more than Mitt flops. That’s not going to work too well this time around.

CTSherman on April 28, 2011 at 7:31 PM

How will Obama “kookify” Gov. Romney?

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Obama wont need to. The GOP/Right will do that plenty – for them, by them.

Jeddite on April 28, 2011 at 7:31 PM

magic kingdom on April 28, 2011 at 7:23 PM

It’s that same part that doesn’t like seeing women killed in the military.

j_galt on April 28, 2011 at 7:31 PM

How will Obama “kookify” Gov. Romney?

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2011 at 7:26 PM

By putting his arm around him and singing “You’re My Soul and Inspiration”? RomneyCare/ObamaCare

sharrukin on April 28, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Rush is not fooled by Trump. Yesterday he said flat out that Trump isn’t going to be the nominee, and he doubts Trump will even run. I think he just likes the way Trump prods Obama and the big Lib talking heads.

hachiban on April 28, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Okay. I’ll type real slowly:

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Can’t argue with that.

fossten on April 28, 2011 at 7:34 PM

hachiban on April 28, 2011 at 7:32 PM

What we need is a conservative individual who will be just as tenacious.

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Okay. I’ll type real slowly:

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Can’t argue with that.

fossten on April 28, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Oh I think you can argue that. Those two little words, “I believe,” are a pretty good indicator that it’s my opinion rather than a verifiable fact. But the reason I keep on fighting for what I believe in is because I don’t think I am one of those gutless worms who deserve another four years of Obama. I am acting in my own objective self-interest, and I don’t really care who I piss off in the process… (h/t Ayn Rand)

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Trump will likely lose interest by mid-Summer, anyway.
And maybe get a new wife, too.

What’s wrong with his current wife?

Emperor Norton on April 28, 2011 at 7:18 PM

I think he previous wives Ivana and Marla wondered the same thing.

Personally, I like Melania the best, so I hope I’m wrong.

__________________________________________________________

Trump will likely lose interest by mid-Summer, anyway.

profitsbeard on April 28, 2011 at 7:14 PM

But what if he doesn’t?

Lose interest, I mean?

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Then his baggage will be unloaded on his head by the Right and the Left.

And, if he can survive that, he’ll then be a real candidate.

profitsbeard on April 28, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Noodlehead leads the field. But look at the field. It’s sad. Trump’s advantage is that he is by, for and of the media. That doesn’t make him the nominee, thankfully. Hopefully he’ll burn out (supernova) at least a year out from the primaries.

But then who? It’s a field full of sleepers because they’re all boring, and Mitt is beyond RINO; he has one certified RomneyCare foot firmly planted on the Left.

Who with anything going wants to volunatarily subject themselves and their family to the inevitable strafing by the utterly corrupt media?

curved space on April 28, 2011 at 7:41 PM

curved space on April 28, 2011 at 7:41 PM

You must not have gotten the memo. Someone already has. For going on two years, no less.

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Treason Complaint against Obama is in the Hands of Two Federal Grand Juries

IS OBAMA RUNNING FROM THE POWER OF THE GRAND JURY?
by Walter Francis Fitzpatrick, III

Second Treason Complaint filed against Barack Hussein Obama by Walter Francis Fitzpatrick, III on 17 March 2011 with the U.S. Attorney in Knoxville, TN

(Apr. 27, 2011) — A little bit of background.

Maybe it’s not over.

Califemme on April 28, 2011 at 7:49 PM

I am loving me some Trump!

For all the establishment types bemoaning Trump’s conservative bonafides, name the true conservative Republican running for President now or in the near future. Name him so we can rally behind him. Levin, Beck? Whose our candidate?

David2.0 on April 28, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Please stop repeating that this is the long form. It is a certified copy or ABSTRACT. Look up abstract on the internet, it is a short form.

And while you are at it, this document is not a scanned certificate, it is a pdf built from photoshopped elements, that is a pretty easy search too.

Spartacus on April 28, 2011 at 8:08 PM

All many of us are saying is let Trump do his damage. He is as Charlie Sheen says, “DUH WINNING”. We are a year and a half out from the fight and there is no need to panic about who is going to be the nominee. The media wants a target, well they have one they can’t handle and it is more than amusing. Just relax for God’s sake!

Africanus on April 28, 2011 at 8:21 PM

True_King on April 28, 2011 at 7:31 PM

You are correct. Kraut has been misfiring ever since Obama took office. Was he one of the “chosen few” “conservatives” that had that dinner with Obama before the inauguration at George Will’s house? Seems like Obama putrified the air that night and turned all of these “establishment conservatiaves” into Obama bootlickers.

karenhasfreedom on April 28, 2011 at 8:25 PM

We all can agree it has been fun to watch Trump give Obama a few bloody noses.

Now, was anyone listening to Rush yesterday? Seems to me, he suddenly decided he needed a broadcasting break to get his head back into the game. It appeared like he just suddenly decided to take two days off and announced we would have guests hosts and probably – then he named the guy who filled in today. The guy who filled in today didn’t even realize he was engaged for 2 days because during the broadcast today, he asked the support staff who was hosting on Friday and they told him he was. Forget his name. He is british and is poking fun about the wedding and not being a natural born citizen, thus he can’t run for president either.

karenhasfreedom on April 28, 2011 at 8:28 PM

He said this was a golf weekend, on Mondays show. He’s playing games. That was Mark Steyn on today.

CTSherman on April 28, 2011 at 8:35 PM

The quick rise of Trump in the polls, which is scaring the establishment, should send a WARNING that the GOP base/Tea partiers are sick and tired of milquetoast candidates/RINOs who have never met a conservative idea that they could fight for NOR a conservative that they couldn’t lambast to the media.

Are you hearing us now???? We want FIGHTERS, period!!! The country is going down the tubes under Obama and his ultra liberals – we want no more “friends across the aisle”!

They always find a way to denigrate those willing to fight (Palin a shining example) while giving a pass to lacklustre candidates who have up till now demonstrated no desire to roll back this socialist republic.

Let me say this: if the GOP nominee in 2012 is Romney/Pawlenty or any of the RINOs, forget it! Obama will WIN re-election easily. Give us a fighting conservative for once and we will send the man-child back to Chicago!!!

TheRightMan on April 28, 2011 at 8:39 PM

karenhasfreedom on April 28, 2011 at 8:28 PM

It was Mark Steyn.

DFCtomm on April 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM

TheRightMan on April 28, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Good words!

rrpjr on April 28, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Sorry, but Sarah Palin couldn’t carry Charles Krauthammer’s pencil.

SteveMG on April 28, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Yeah, that’s about the size of it – a pencil!/sarc

Seriously, the dumbing down of American intelligence is
astonishing. Most everything Saurkraut has said in the
past year has been days or weeks after Palin posted her facebooks op-eds. And she said it more eloquently.

Here is a little tidbit for you – when someone professes
to be an intellectual, you do know that the definition of
an intellectual is someone who thinks, just thinks, sometimes brilliantly, sometimes not.
Intellectuals seldom do anything – they just think and tell
the rest of us what to do.

By the way, just because you admire someone’s intellectual
capability doesn’t make YOU smart.

Amjean on April 28, 2011 at 8:55 PM

I am loving me some Trump!

David2.0 on April 28, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Ron Paul? No seriously, Beck crushes on him from time to time. Beck also released a list of his dream ticket. I think HA covered it. Michele Bachmann and Allen West come to mind.

MeatHeadinCA on April 28, 2011 at 9:07 PM

curved space on April 28, 2011 at 7:41 PM

gryphon202 on April 28, 2011 at 7:43 PM

This is what I don’t get about some pundits. They’re dreaming of some candidate that won’t be turned into a “dumb hick” by the
Media/Left – which will never be. At the same time they fail to understand that you’d be entering into a whole new set of x-factors with this so far untarnished person.

Whereas all of Palin’s “scandals” have proven to be duds for those trying to hoist them upon her and more importantly SHE FIGHTS BACK. When I can bet this mythical candidate probably would not.

Really the Media makes itself look foolish the more it goes after Sarah Palin.

Sharr on April 28, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Both soros and bloomberg are “proven capitalists”.

the_nile on April 28, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Exactly. I want a conservative fighter like Sarah. I don’t trust Trump. You’ll find ‘interesting’ links if you yahoo Trump and Soros, like this.

Opinionator on April 28, 2011 at 9:32 PM

What’s wrong with his current wife?

Emperor Norton on April 28, 2011 at 7:18 PM

I hear she has a funky looking comb-over.

Red State State of Mind on April 28, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Name him so we can rally behind him. Levin, Beck? Whose our candidate?

David2.0 on April 28, 2011 at 8:00 PM

“He” is a she….Michelle Bachmann.

Red State State of Mind on April 28, 2011 at 9:41 PM

I can’t vote for Trump, but dang, what he did to Charles, the latter has had coming. For a supposedly smart guy, Charles is clueless about so many things.

Charles, please. Retire.

james23 on April 28, 2011 at 9:45 PM

CK will be ok..:)

Dire Straits on April 28, 2011 at 10:13 PM

If the Tea Party folks really think Trump is their man then the Republic is pretty much over.

AshleyTKing on April 28, 2011 at 10:36 PM

You go Donald! Four years of suffering replaced with four years of political comedy. A couple of tips:

1) Be careful not to confuse ego with intelligence.

2) Make sure you get that combover glued down. Every camera at MSNBC will be focused on you like a laser beam when the windspeed hits 4 knots.

3) Start the name calling early, you can never have too many enemies, especially in the press.

4) You need another blond hanging on your arm during the campaign. Oh yes, be sure they breath through their mouth.

5) Once you get Obama to release his school records, release yours. I’m sure reproductions of your 2nd grade finger paintings will sell for gazillions. It’ll probably fund your election campaign completely.

ClanDerson on April 28, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Backfire of the Vanities.

viking01 on April 28, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Krauthammer needs to get himself a powerchair like me and get out of Washington a little more…….

jordy2009 on April 29, 2011 at 12:00 AM

You’ll never convince me that El Rushbo and The Donald didn’t “plan” this! DT doesn’t want to be POTUS , he is out there to put the unrelentless spotlight on BOR.Rush until now, has avoided the birth certificate issue for a lot of reasons…some of that also could be timing. I have a feeling that someday..someday…the details of that will come out..Right now, I want Palin,West, Ryan, Cain..or all of the above…

Xango Annie on April 29, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Ummnn that would be BHO not BOR well ok maybe BOR too..our version of Ted Baxter..insufferable blowhard….

Xango Annie on April 29, 2011 at 12:19 AM

magic kingdom on April 28, 2011 at 6:56 PM

I’ve been wondering for quite some time about Trump’s backers here; why, if they wanted to nominate a democrat who hates Obama, they didn’t just go with one of the Clintons.

RINO in Name Only on April 29, 2011 at 1:46 AM

RINO in Name Only on April 29, 2011 at 1:46 AM

In fact, the Clintons would probably be a better choice, since at least their Obama-hate is not a transparent act (which, for the Clintons, is pretty impressive).

RINO in Name Only on April 29, 2011 at 1:58 AM

Trump is not a reliable conservative, just a populist poser. While I sometimes disagree with Krauthammer (especially on Palin), he has been in the trenches for decades. Where was Trump 15, 10 or 5 years ago? Giving money to Democrats. At the same time, so-called boring RINOs like Pawlenty or Daniels actually worked to govern their states in a responsible manner.

el gordo on April 29, 2011 at 4:14 AM

I think Trump’s just doing PR for his new TV show, “So You Want to be President”

Don L on April 29, 2011 at 6:14 AM

Isn’t it time that folks start realizing that character, wisdom, and common sense, are at least equal to the touted “experience and intellegence” BS we hear touted as the only requirements necessary for the Oval Office?

How many posters speak to those qualities? Maybe, just maybe, that’s why we have the bunch of immature little leaders in both parties.

Don L on April 29, 2011 at 6:22 AM

That would be funny to learn that Rush and The Donald cooked all this up on a golf course one weekend as they exchanged views on their mutual disgust for our current POTUS.

karenhasfreedom on April 29, 2011 at 6:57 AM

One might call Charles K. a lot of different names, but a fool he is NOT.

devolvingtowardsidiocracy on April 29, 2011 at 7:35 AM

The rise of “The Donald” can be explained in one way only – its the result of the extreme poor performance from the entire stable of GOP candidates. Especially Palin and Gingrich. Those 2 are smart enough to know better. They purposely dumbed, dulled and moderated themselves down to become boring and predictable. DD

Darvin Dowdy on April 29, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Darvin Dowdy on April 29, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Palin? Dumb? Dull? Moderate? Boring? Predictable? Oy.

gryphon202 on April 29, 2011 at 8:55 AM

Charles, an eminent physician and a man I once admired, Ann Coulter, a woman I once would have died for and many others I used to respect, have just thrown in the towel. They have declared the birth certificate question a non-issue, and defined Trump as a snake-oil salesman of the first order. Why? Because they know what kind of a s&itstorm will ensue if and when Barry is exposed as the liar, fraud and criminal that I firmly believe he is. Those east-coast elitests and west coast closet liberal snobs could have seen a BC delcaring Junior Tracy and Moon Maid as the parents and they would have said,”Good enough for me, let’s get on with it!”
I for one am sick to death of people telling me who I like and who is not worthy of my attention. From this point on, two people in the latter catagory are Kruthhammer and Coulter.

Mr. Grump on April 29, 2011 at 9:21 AM

The one thing that is the most important, is that Trump’s success is not his past, or his “great mind” or leadership…it is that he is taking on the MSM.
You need a personality, the “it” factor, but along with that you need not to take any sht from the MSM. Poll after poll has shown that besides polititians, journalists a least respected.
I don’t understand why more candidates (on the right), rather then trying to snuggle up to a group who wants to destroy them, just take it to them.
Krauthammer, as intelligent as they get, is part of the MSM. You can bet he doesn’t miss many of the Georgetown parties. He isn’t ever going to do anything but be on the right, but not offend his friends on the left.
Thomas Sowell convinced me that Trump isn’t what he seems to be…but I like Trump because he doesn’t back down…McCain would have won if he had taken the same tact, but then he wouldn’t be McCain.
Sarah Palin gets it, she knows all too well, not one journalist in the mainstream will ever give her a break, so screw them…

right2bright on April 29, 2011 at 9:35 AM

Trump has been entertaining to follow, but his bubble will pop soon enough. The man is a lot of things, but a true Conservative, he is NOT. Just follow the money, gang, just follow the money.

Meanwhile, if we are going to be reduced to turning American politics into American Idol 2.0, let us at least get someone in there with both charisma, attitude, and a track record. Executive experience is a plus, along with core values that are not just talked about, but lived on a daily basis. Toss in some literary cred, an ability to generate money, attention, and ability to live rent-free in the heads of liberals.

The best news is that such a candidate already exists. All we have to is wait for her to declare. ;-)

itzWicks on April 29, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Darvin Dowdy on April 29, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Hint: Don’t give up your job to become a news analyst…Palin moderated herself down? Yeah, the one out leading the pack in criticism of Obama.

right2bright on April 29, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Spartacus on April 28, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Dude, there is nothing that would satisfy you. Any form of documentation will be challenged from here on out and any official seals or printing would be claimed as Photoshopped.

rickyricardo on April 29, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Glad AP finds red-on-red infighting so “amusing.”

A Balrog of Morgoth on April 29, 2011 at 10:04 AM

volsense on April 29, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Great comment volsense, “Kraut is not a fool. He and Rove are establishment conservatives who play with those who have contributed to this debacle and have no clue how to fix it. Throw in cowardice and you have a large percentage of the republican party. Without the Tea Party, the GOP IS the third party.”

el Vaquero on April 29, 2011 at 11:45 AM

* Being not approved by some Rightwing thinkers is a plus since that makes him look more centrist and electable in the general election.

* Him being vulgar and rude makes him stand out from the rest of the candidates who try their damn hardest to not be vulgar and rude and PC, and get spooked sh1tless in case some little half-swear-word slips out. It makes him look like a leader, and them like politicians (dishonest, slippery, unclear, etc.)… and in his case, he actually won’t get flack for it because it’s him.

* Unlike Bush who also shot from the hip, Trump can express himself much clearer and without any Bushism-type expressions such as “man and fish can coexist” or “misunderestimated” which was fodder for the extreme left and the comedy shows.

* His main thing is the economy on which he has plenty of bona fides, and his anger and promise to put serious pressure on OPEC and China will motivate a huge segment of the population who is unemployed and thinks the economy is in the sh1tter with Obama’s policies seemingly failing.

I love this guy and hope he gets elected.

***disclaimer: I’m from Canada.

AlexB on April 29, 2011 at 12:33 PM

This whole Trump thing is entertaining, at best, because he talks tough, and echos what most of us are thinking, but seriously the guy is way too arrogant and pompous to be a legitimate threat to unseat Obama. We’d be walking right into the same trap of electing a nominee who is merely a placeholder (e.g. McCain, Dole, etc.), not to mention Ron Paul stealing independent votes without standing a chance of competing. We need a Paul Ryan candidate, or someone else with a clue. The entire GOP crop is weak, and no one will get rid of the messiah. I’m already planning my relocation outside of the US if Obama gets another four years. He’ll have his hands in everyone’s pockets by then.

stacman on April 29, 2011 at 2:44 PM

AlexB on April 29, 2011 at 12:33 PM

You brain was frozen and hasn’t thawed out…you can find a couple of dozen examples of Bush misstating…and a couple of dozen of Clinton, Carter, LBJ, Kennedy, Nixon, Obama…you see when you make hundreds of speeches and thousands of comments, and each one being recorded, that is what you get, errors.
Obama, thousands dead in a flood, 57 states, speaking Dutch (or whatever language he made up).
It is what has been fed to you, and what you have been told to think…you are a perfect example of a sheep.
Ford, clumsy Gerald Ford, an all star high school football player, and was first string on an undefeated University of Wisconsin, two years consecutive undefeated…yet he was best known for being clumsy because he stumbled coming off of a plane…people like you are what the MSM live for.

right2bright on April 29, 2011 at 4:21 PM

He says all the right things and smacks down the Left, RINOs, and Neo-Cons. Love it!

nottakingsides on April 29, 2011 at 8:05 PM

I am certain it already did damage.

I agree with Rush, the longform release came because Obama was getting bad polls. Also, the Corsi book was getting big pre orders, and the longform release cuts into the book sales

However, the President loses and Trump gained, because no matter how you slice it, the President looked weak, and Trump looked strong.

If the Birth certificate was no biggie, than why did the President act like a priss and refuse to release it? It makes him look petty, clueless, and feminine.

Missing is a credible explanation of why he took so long

The President ran a press conference to one up Trump on something that was no biggie? Again, he diminished himself, and appeared petty, clueless, and feminine. That is, feminine like a lady unable to decide what color dress to buy, not feminine like Hillary making a deal with a Jewish community to scope a pardon from her hubby

The President is somewhat making war in Libya, Afghanistan, and Iraq, with live soldiers who bleed real blood, but he has time to slappy fight with Trump? He lost so much image you could build a clone from the fragments

This is like getting caught with a hand in the cookie jar. There is no explanation that does not make you look very tiny

entagor on April 30, 2011 at 3:07 AM

Here is a little tidbit for you – when someone professes
to be an intellectual, you do know that the definition of
Intellectuals seldom do anything – they just think and tell
the rest of us what to do.

Amjean on April 28, 2011 at 8:55 PM

That is not the definition of an intellectual. An intellectual is simply someone with a highly developed intellect. Many who claim to be intellectuals (or have others claiming they are), really aren’t–they are elitists. Thomas Sowell is an intellectual. Obama and his minions are not.

DrMagnolias on April 30, 2011 at 7:02 AM