Obama jokes with Oprah: I remember being born in Hawaii

posted at 7:00 pm on April 27, 2011 by Allahpundit

He should have laid on the sarcasm a bit thicker. Some people will take him seriously and soon this too will be part of Birther lore. “He said he remembers his birth. No one remembers their birth.

I’m mildly surprised that Obama or one of his surrogates hasn’t yet pointed out the endless ways in which Trump has strayed from conservative orthodoxy. They love to tweak Huntsman that way by touting his loyal diplomatic service to the administration, knowing that it’ll turn Republican voters against him. But then, electorally, that makes sense: They don’t want to face a candidate like Huntsman in the general but they’d loooove to face Trump, or at least they’d like to keep him alive long enough in the GOP primary for him to take out some more formidable contenders. So for the time being, you won’t hear The One mention that 54 percent of Trump’s political donations have gone to Democrats; that Trump approached David Axelrod last year with an offer to take the lead on the gulf oil spill in a Huntsman-esque bit of public service; or that Trump, for all his bluster about China, has no problem with farming out his clothing line to Chinese manufacturers. You might hear that later, if and when Trump himself becomes enough of a threat they need to start tearing him down, but why mess with him right now when he’s doing them a favor? Besides, Obama’s too much of an “adult” to get down in the mud, don’tcha know.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Is that you Charles Johnson, or just someone who wants to fit his tiny little shoes?
Don’t give me that… I’ve been banned from LGF too…

ninjapirate on April 27, 2011 at 7:49 PM

From LG whuuuh?

Key West Reader on April 27, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Hey, aren’t you the one who swore that it would be impossible anyone to get their long form birth certificate from Hawaii?

Rebar on April 27, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Nope!

So how’d that “Soetoro” theory work out, Rebar?

His amended birth certificate, ie his actual birth certificate, reads Barry Soetoro.

This explains how he could attend an Indonesian school, how he could travel to Pakistan (on an Indonesian passport as Barry Soetoro), why he won’t release his long form birth certificate (which has been amply proved to be completely possible), why he won’t release his school transcripts (listed under Barry Soetoro – foreign student), and why he’s been using a fake social security number all these years.

Rebar on April 11, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Ahh. Good times.

crr6 on April 27, 2011 at 7:53 PM

I hope next time Obama makes an appearance he comes trotting in to Springsteen’s “Born in the USA” just to see all the birther heads splode….

Bradky on April 27, 2011 at 7:53 PM

I never pretended I had any pull… but I was right… hotairOBAMA helped fester birtherism and itOBAMA had the power to fightSTOP it THREE YEARS AGO.

ninjapirate on April 27, 2011 at 7:20 PM

FIFY

profitsbeard on April 27, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Don’t give me that… I’ve been banned from LGF too…

ninjapirate on April 27, 2011 at 7:49 PM

And Trotsky was forced into exile by Stalin. You clearly didn’t learn much from getting banned.

sharrukin on April 27, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Key West Reader on April 27, 2011 at 7:49 PM
It is a most deserved honor, considering the attack. Consider yourself annointed.

wccawa on April 27, 2011 at 7:52 PM

LMAO. You crack me up.

Key West Reader on April 27, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Nope!

crr6 on April 27, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Liar.

Rebar on April 27, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Star20 on April 27, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Yup, Shep gets more unbearable by the day.

A really good alternative is Lou Dobbs on Fox Business Channel. The best show in that time slot by far.

petefrt on April 27, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Don’t give me that… I’ve been banned from LGF too…

ninjapirate on April 27, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Well maybe you should be banned from HA for simply being a pain in the arse.

Knucklehead on April 27, 2011 at 7:55 PM

BTW, Roger L Simon brought up something… I’d like Trump to press the LA Times on the Khalidi tape(s)…

I would like to see Obama’s college transcripts but quite honestly that should wait until the GOP has a nominee and they should both release.

ninjapirate on April 27, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Didn’t Obama just this morning say we need to let this go, and get on to more important things? I guess now we know what’s important to Obama. Schmoozing and making lame jokes with Oprah. *sigh*

capejasmine on April 27, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Knocking off an incumbent is rare. With all that is going on there may be a real chance to do that next year. But not if the central topic of conversation is going to be about his birth certificate or school transcripts.

Bradky on April 27, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Well then you should be very excited today. There is no way this is an issue in the election. Trump or Corsi or someone got Obama to finally blink. Now this issue is gone with the wind.

Well it will be in a day or so.

petunia on April 27, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Hmmmm… if it only took a tool like Trump to motivate this idjut to produce his birth certificate, what do you think it would take for us to make him produce his foreign policy?

Libya v. Syria?

Come on, Obama. Let’s WTF and show us what you all abouts. On the foreign policy, and the rest of the WTF.

Yo.

Key West Reader on April 27, 2011 at 7:58 PM

The economy sucks, gas prices are over the top, the Arab world is in flames ……………………. and Obama appears on Oprah.

SC.Charlie on April 27, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Bradky on April 27, 2011 at 7:53 PM

A song about how corrupt and and imperialistic and racist and rotten America is.

Yep, that would be perfect.

profitsbeard on April 27, 2011 at 7:59 PM

ninjapirate on April 27, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Let’s be careful what we wish for… there is at least one possible candidate that may not have that great of academic record. And I don’t hold that against them.

petunia on April 27, 2011 at 8:00 PM

SC.Charlie on April 27, 2011 at 7:59 PM

It’s whats on welfare.

Key West Reader on April 27, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Michelle’s wig hat will help him in the polls. Yes, this will help him in the polls. Michelle’s wig hat.

/failed dictator

Key West Reader on April 27, 2011 at 7:38 PM

LOL

I just don’t see this as a “win” for Team O.

He could have done this ages ago…but he chose not to. Why? Because it benefited him to fan the flames. Yeah that’s Mr. Post Partisan/ There’s no red states or blue states for ya.

I think he comes out looking like a real jerk. And his attitude both during the press conference and with Oprah is just arrogantly dismissive smugness personified.

His policies are a disaster. He’s an abject failure. He’s completely clueless and perpetually on vacation. The only thing going for him, supposedly, was that he was liked as a person.

I think this kind of performance will cut into that. But then I think he’s an arrogant jackwagon and wonder if the “hope and change” mask is finally starting to slip publicly.

powerpro on April 27, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Bradky on April 27, 2011 at 7:53 PM

I hate win Obama does something good, and that would be good… I don’t know how he resists that.

petunia on April 27, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Liar.

Rebar on April 27, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Nope!

I certainly never “swore it was impossible.” I said releasing a copy of the long-form would go against Hawaiian law and current Hawaiian administrative procedures. That’s entirely correct, and supported by the Hawaiian state website, a statement by the Hawaiian AG and statements by the former director of the Department of Health. The current director made an exception to those procedures for Obama due to the extraordinary circumstances.

Anyways, how about that Soetoro theory? Yeesh.

crr6 on April 27, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Are there bc’s that actually state this place? Have we seen his father’s bc?
I really don’t give a rip, at this point it’s just a curiosity…Obama is unknown to me.

bridgetown on April 27, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Why yes, yes, there is as a matter of fact! BHO II’s BC states this…
And if you biggen it, you will see that next to the “age of father” it says “Birthplace (of father) – KENYA, East Africa”, DOB of BHO II 1961….

sicoit on April 27, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Yep, that would be perfect.

profitsbeard on April 27, 2011 at 7:59 PM

I guess I only know the chorus.

petunia on April 27, 2011 at 8:03 PM

So glad he’s moved past all the silliness.

JammieWearingFool on April 27, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Libya v. Syria?

Yo.

Key West Reader on April 27, 2011 at 7:58 PM

He did, Obama’s foreign policy is, “Lead from behind.”

petunia on April 27, 2011 at 8:04 PM

crr6 on April 27, 2011 at 8:02 PM

I’d have thought that you’d have learned that repeating a lie doesn’t make it true – now you’re lying about lying. Repeatedly.

Yeesh, indeed.

Rebar on April 27, 2011 at 8:05 PM

I guess I only know the chorus.

petunia on April 27, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Obama counts on it.

And Springsteen profits from it.

profitsbeard on April 27, 2011 at 8:05 PM

How did he respond to Oprah’s questions about Lt. Col. Lakin?

rogerb on April 27, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Now, in all seriousness, the next time some government agency asks me to show my birth certificate can I get all snarky and respond with “You some kind of birther or something? I told you I was born in the US!”

JellyToast on April 27, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Anyways, how about that Soetoro theory? Yeesh.

crr6 on April 27, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Well I guess we know now that anytime Obama wanted he could get it. Yet he didn’t.

And I agree lets figure out the whole Sotero thing! Was Obama adopted? What did that do to his citizenship?

Well you brought it up.

petunia on April 27, 2011 at 8:10 PM

So sick of this smug, Liberal smarta$$. On the other hand, I guess he’s made me realize how much I can actually endure.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 27, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Just for sh!ts and grins, one more for the true believers :)

Video of Adobe PDF Layers Being Removed From Obama’s Birth Certificate

Nearly Nobody on April 27, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Shariapundit’s bitterness cannot be contained by any amount of “snark” – he’s probably just waiting for the base to give him an excuse, any excuse, to pull a Buckley Jr. and vote for Obama in 2012 – because it’s all gone too far!!!

lol.

abobo on April 27, 2011 at 8:25 PM

The release of this document doesn’t really answer a question I’ve had for awhile now.

And that is…was he officially adopted by Lolo Soetero? If so, didn’t that change his nationality as well as his name legally?

When he returned to the States, did he legally change his name back? Was he required to swear allegiance or whatever, if he became a citizen of Indonesia when adopted?

I’ve wondered about these things but have been scared to ask for fear of being called names…but since any question asker will be labeled a racist anyway, might as well go for broke.

Any takers on any of the above? Do I have any of my premises wrong?

powerpro on April 27, 2011 at 8:33 PM

I’d like to slap that supercilious look right off his face.

I wonder if Michelle ever has. You know, as awful as she is, she has to live with this guy till death do them part.

disa on April 27, 2011 at 8:51 PM

powerpro on April 27, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Don’t worry, powerpro. It’s mostly beta males who would call you names for asking intelligent questions, because they don’t want the media to HATE on them.

A real man stands up for what he believes.

disa on April 27, 2011 at 8:52 PM

powerpro on April 27, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Here’s my take, for what it’s worth.

We all know that his mother moved to Indonesia and married Lolo Soetoeo. After that, things get hazy.

It’s been reported that Indonesia did not allow foreign students to attend their schools, so it would be a very natural assumption, both for a step-father to adopt a child as a sign of acceptance, and to allow them to attend school. Usually the procedure is, a court order approving the adoption takes place, then a form amending the child’s birth certificate is sent. The new document is mailed, and the child is now legally the new adopted name. The evidence to support this claim, is his school application, and the fact that he’s stated that he did in fact attend.

Now, the document produced today is not amended. What does this mean? It could mean he wasn’t adopted, then how did he attend an Indonesian school under the name Barry Soetoro? It could mean that the document is his first, “sealed” birth certificate, and the amended birth certificate remains hidden. Or it could mean that he was adopted in Indonesia but they never sent the form to amend his American birth certificate.

I am at a loss as to how to go about proving/disproving any of those scenarios.

Rebar on April 27, 2011 at 8:53 PM

crr6 on April 27, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Actually that’s not what the Hawaii State website says at all:

You may order certified copies only of your own birth and marriage certificates or of an immediate family member (e.g., a parent of his/her child’s birth or marriage certificate) on this web site. NOTE: This system does exact matches only. Please enter data carefully as typographical errors will result in a failure to match.

I’m not sure why Mr. Obama decided to play this game. At times there seems to be a strange, arcane childishness about him.

I guess his supporters continue to spread this fiction that it was impossible for the President to obtain a copy of his own Birth Certificate, (which is probably the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.), in order to cover up for this childishness. The whole thing is a little weird.

Dreadnought on April 27, 2011 at 9:05 PM

He remembers a lot..

the_nile on April 27, 2011 at 7:04 PM

In January 2010 I blogged about his 2007 big fat lie in Selma (video link included):

Obama’s descendant-of-slave-owners mother and his goat-herding father met as a result, he said, of the Kennedy family’s grant to Africans to help them emigrate to America. When they met, their marriage and his birth were deemed feasible because their attitudes were changed when the Selma marches took place. “I’m here,” Obama told the congregation, because “y’all sacrificed for me.”

Of course, that’s pure compost: Obama was born in 1961, and he was three years old when the first Selma march took place. His father arrived in the United States because of that scholarship program, but before the Kennedys got involved with the funding of it. Here’s the kicker: By the date of the first Selma march on March 7, 1965, Barack Obama Sr. and Stanley Ann Dunham had been divorced for almost a year (March 20, 1964).

L.N. Smithee on April 27, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Obama’s not quite done with being amused.

When my son was 2-3ish, just talking, he told me about being born, he described it like he was there. He never talked about it after, and now at 27 he doesn’t remember it all.

kringeesmom on April 27, 2011 at 9:10 PM

He remembers his own birth? Soooo….

But could he see the Pacific Ocean from out the window?

How about Russia?

The man is a self-mockery.

ajacksonian on April 27, 2011 at 9:10 PM

He sure is a cocky smug SOB considering the hell ever American feels daily now.

Marcus on April 27, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Gravitas.

Jim Treacher on April 27, 2011 at 7:14 PM

The question that no one asks:

Why does the President have so much time on his hands that he can afford to waste some of it playing these little mind games?

Dreadnought on April 27, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Ms. Stoddard and Mr. Krauthammer were still pretty disgusted by all of this on Special Report. Much hand wringing over the Republican party. Since when is Mr. Trump the head or speaker of the Republican party? The media has been promoting him almost as much as he has. I will say this, it has been fun watching him take on The Won sans kid gloves. More people (candidates) should try it, only shame him into putting the folks back to work in the Gulf drilling for oil.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Photoshop expert: and author of more than 17 books on computer graphics Mara Zebest: Obama’s Latest Long-Form Birth Certificate Is a Fake!

wtng2fish on April 27, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Thank you Rebar and disa!

powerpro on April 27, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Those ears popping out must have made a memorable echo.

viking01 on April 27, 2011 at 9:27 PM

The only thing that matters is that we have been stuck with this doofus for 2 years and will be for 2 more. The only thing of importance is that it won’t be 6 more years. (Psssst: Allen West)

Dingbat63 on April 27, 2011 at 9:42 PM

These photos of him … he’s so smug and arrogant, isn’t he?

Paul-Cincy on April 27, 2011 at 9:44 PM

wtng2fish on April 27, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Oh my, this is quickly devolving into another Dan Rather episode. Who cut off the footer from the Kinkos in Abilene? Outstanding work!

slickwillie2001 on April 27, 2011 at 9:45 PM

All I can say is Michelle and Oprah, there’s a whole lotta ass on that couch

Alden Pyle on April 27, 2011 at 9:45 PM

All I can say is Michelle and Oprah, there’s a whole lotta ass on that couch Alden Pyle on April 27, 2011 at 9:45 PM

There went my keyboard! Don’t think Moochelle is eating the veggies from the WH garden!

Dingbat63 on April 27, 2011 at 9:49 PM

These photos of him … he’s so smug and arrogant, isn’t he?

Paul-Cincy on April 27, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Does anyone else feel as I do?

powerpro on April 27, 2011 at 8:01 PM

So sick of this smug, Liberal smarta$$.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 27, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I’d like to slap that supercilious look right off his face.

disa on April 27, 2011 at 8:51 PM

He sure is a cocky smug SOB considering the hell ever American feels daily now.

Marcus on April 27, 2011 at 9:13 PM

I’ll take that as a “yes”.

Paul-Cincy on April 27, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Yep, that would be perfect.

profitsbeard on April 27, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Yet Bush wanted to use it and was asked not to by Springsteen.

Seriously I don’t see how you got all that from the following lyrics:

Born down in a dead man town
The first kick I took was when I hit the ground
You end up like a dog that’s been beat too much
Till you spend half your life just covering up

Born in the u.s.a., I was born in the u.s.a.
I was born in the u.s.a., born in the u.s.a.

Got in a little hometown jam
So they put a rifle in my hand
Sent me off to a foreign land
To go and kill the yellow man

Born in the U.S.A…

Come back home to the refinery
Hiring man said son if it was up to me
Went down to see my v.a. man
He said son, don’t you understand

I had a brother at Khe Sahn
Fighting off the Viet Cong
They’re still there, he’s all gone

He had a woman he loved in Saigon
I got a picture of him in her arms now

Down in the shadow of the penitentiary
Out by the gas fires of the refinery
I’m ten years burning down the road
Nowhere to run aint got nowhere to go

Born in the u.s.a., I was born in the u.s.a.
Born in the u.s.a., I’m a long gone daddy in the u.s.a.
Born in the u.s.a., born in the u.s.a.
Born in the u.s.a., I’m a cool rocking daddy in the u.s.a.

Bradky on April 27, 2011 at 9:54 PM

ninjapirate

Watching you whine about how AP wouldn’t ban all those who disagreed with you regarding birtherism is enough to make me want to take back most of what I have said about AP over the years. Just thinking that he had to smack you down (it sounds like multiple times) regarding banning people makes me want to give him a medal.

Seriously ninja, do you really think banning people is the best way to handle this issue. Do you think that less speech is somehow a solution? I don’t know who said it but the answer to ideas you don’t agree with is MORE speech – not less. (No I don’t think you are talking about censorship because only the government can engage in censorship.)

If you disagree with someone’s ideas debate them – don’t seek to silence them. You suggest that Birtherism is so silly that it sounds like it comes from Howard Dean. I can’t think of anything more Dean-esque than wanting to ban people who don’t conform with a preset intellectual orthodoxy.

If you write anything to disagree with me I shall contact Allah and have you banned immediately. Heh.

Mormon Doc on April 27, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Prosecutor: When were you born?

Chicalini:
I don’t remember. I was just a little baby.

Chico Marx in “Duck Soup” (1933)

jon1979 on April 27, 2011 at 9:57 PM

The President’s makeup looks awful.

Kralizec on April 27, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Yeah, his old teacher remembers discussing it with the attending physician, Dr. Rodney West. So why does the document state the doc was Dr. David Sinclair?

You GOT To Be Kidding #3

Stayright on April 27, 2011 at 10:15 PM

The official web site for Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital, and according to the information there, the name of the hospital at the time of his birth should have been Kauikeolani Childrens Hospital. According to the web site the name didn’t change to Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital until Kauikeolani Childrens Hospital merged with Kapiolani Maternity Home in 1978. So how could his official long form birth certificate that was generated in 1961 have the name of the hospital that wasn’t created until 1978?

HalJordan on April 27, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Dingbat63 on April 27, 2011 at 9:49 PM

I wonder how many government union workers it takes to tend to M’chell’s damn garden?

slickwillie2001 on April 27, 2011 at 10:17 PM

HalJordan on April 27, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Kapiolani is used on other birth certificates from the same time period.

sharrukin on April 27, 2011 at 10:17 PM

slickwillie2001 on April 27, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Did you ever ponder that deep and earth shattering question when anyone else was president?

Bradky on April 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM

how the heck did that happen??

Bradky on April 27, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Anybody else irritated by how obnoxious Shepard Smith is today? He keeps slamming the whole birth certificate issue and calling people who asked the question “fringe” and other names. He said “Of course” Obama was born in Hawaii and it was “Outlandish” that anybody questioned it.

I’m tired of Shepard Smith!

Star20 on April 27, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Yep ! ! Shep is a twerp. Fox is going into the
toilet a little bit more each day. Quit watching
all of them and just stick to talk radio and a few
websites. Love that Trump still shoved it up O’s butt.

Texyank on April 27, 2011 at 10:22 PM

He remembers being born.

Does he remember being born again?

Mr_Magoo on April 27, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Bigger dooshbags are not often witnessed much less elected potus

haha, the product of a commie and a whore laughs

history will not be kind to this infantile f&ckface

Sonosam on April 27, 2011 at 10:27 PM

When Obama wants to project that he’s cool and relaxed, he puts this “I am stoned” look on his face.

He is a juvenile.

Jaibones on April 27, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Bradky on April 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Sorry, B…refresh us. What other President’s wife was blathering about our diets and pretending to grow a garden on the White House lawn (that some PEU schmuck was actually tending)?

Uh huh.

Jaibones on April 27, 2011 at 10:55 PM

if it came down to Trump with his recent Conservative conversion or the Destroyer who would you vote for?

it wouldn’t even be close for us to decide.

PappyD61 on April 27, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Jaibones on April 27, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Point is that the people assigned/hired to help the first lady with her pet projects is part of the staff you see with any fl.
We just dumped the birther movement in the toilet and with all the issues the country faces Michelle Obama’s garden is the pressing issue of the day?
Sorry but I don’t track with that strategy.

Bradky on April 27, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Bradky on April 27, 2011 at 7:53 PM

A song about how corrupt and imperialistic and racist and rotten America is. Yep, that would be perfect.

profitsbeard on April 27, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Ah…the double entendre! Well played, Bradky.

Yes, Obama would surely embrace all of Springsteen’s whiny anti-capitalist leftist blather … irony to the Nth power, don’t you think?

As for Entry Music, how about Rockin’ Jakarta?

Jaibones on April 27, 2011 at 11:05 PM

As for bitching about the stupid First Lady, no. I don’t either. The less seen or heard from her, the better.

Jaibones on April 27, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Jaibones on April 27, 2011 at 11:05 PM

LOL – sung to the tune of rock the casbah I presume?

Bradky on April 27, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Where are those fools who told me that he could not have the bc released???????????????? so quiet.

CWforFreedom on April 27, 2011 at 11:20 PM

No, no, no – Trump is totally in their heads, like a cancer who won’t be removed. He’s the only one more insensitive and impertinent than they are. I never thought they’d have a match but Trump is better than them. They fear him, desperately, and they should. He has nothing to lose and is better at the game, and has accomplished some things. He’s not afraid of them. Plus, he enjoys the game, a lot.

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Also, Obama never comes across as the “grown up” in any room. He always comes across as smug, a teenager who never grew up. He suffers of NPD.

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Stephen Wright, Comedian. I kept a diary as a baby, and I was recently re-reading it. It said.

Day one, still tired from the move.

Day two, everybody talks to me like I’m an idiot.

Snake307 on April 28, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Bradky on April 27, 2011 at 9:54 PM

I can’t believe that butt head made a living croaking that sh*t. People thought/think he was/is a rebel but he’s really an immature jerk.

Vince on April 28, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Ahh. Good times.

crr6 on April 27, 2011 at 7:53 PM

You have no concept of what good times really are, if you consider these good. Aside from your puerile ‘orgasms’ over your ‘wins’ of the moment, you’re incredibly insensitive.

Schadenfreude on April 28, 2011 at 12:37 AM

CWforFreedom on April 27, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Obviously those people never checked out the State of Hawaii website, which makes it clear that Obama could have had a copy of his birth certificate anytime he wanted.

Obama is a strangely immature person, I’ve come to the conclusion, and those who maintain the fiction that his Birth Certificate was unobtainable are lying to cover up that evidence of his character.

I’m wondering how a guy with some odd and immature character traits, traits that would embarrass a lot of born-to-party-type adolescents, has made it this far in the world. Our President is a strange man.

Dreadnought on April 28, 2011 at 1:04 AM

Dreadnought on April 28, 2011 at 1:04 AM

This explains it all. One day O’Donnell from MSNBC, and all the media who’re Obama-arscrawlers, will be laughed at. In fact, Obama might write the book on how he snookered them all.

Schadenfreude on April 28, 2011 at 1:14 AM

I keep hearing that Obama handled this so brilliantly. He held his birth certificate back so that the birthers would go nuts and then he could prove to them and the rest of the world that they were nuts.

But what kind of man would play such games with the American people? We are not chess pieces to be moved on the board at his pleasure. Are we?

The Prez can smirk all he wants to…something still stinks.

jakev on April 28, 2011 at 7:05 AM

The Prez can smirk all he wants to…something still stinks.

jakev on April 28, 2011 at 7:05 AM

No, just nuts if you subscribe to the birther beliefs

Bradky on April 28, 2011 at 7:12 AM

Just keep pushing this falsehood despite all the evidence, AP, it’s amusing.

Trump vs. Obama in the debates? Trump cleans his clock.

fossten on April 28, 2011 at 7:22 AM

It’s a matter of Americanism.

kingsjester on April 28, 2011 at 8:05 AM

capejasmine on April 27, 2011 at 7:57 PM

I can’t wait to see the ratings for this show – will it
be the “best” ever? I guess I’ll have to wait for Hot
Air to post it and read the comments since I would not
ever waste my time watching/listening to this traitor to
our beloved country. A country my grandfather fought for
and was gassed in WWI, my father fought in Okinawa in WWII,
and my brother gave his life for in the senate controlled
Vietnam War (don’t get me started on traitor Jane Fonda).

If we paid more attention to the preservation of our country instead of what government can do for us individually, we wouldn’t have these asshats in office.

Amjean on April 28, 2011 at 8:28 AM

JellyToast on April 27, 2011 at 8:10 PM

You should be able to give them a COLB, same as what Obama first put out during the campaign. If a state issues a COLB it is a legal statement of birth and accepted by all government entities. Plenty of people on here have stated numerous times that they have had no problem obtaining licenses, getting into school, getting employment, and getting passports on a COLB including me. Mine is just over the size of a business card and fits in my wallet. So in essence Obama did release his birth certificate YEARS ago but idiot birthers couldn’t accept it so just like they are doing now they had to rail about it being fake and they needed to see a “long form”.

Magnus on April 28, 2011 at 8:33 AM

The Prez can smirk all he wants to…something still stinks.

jakev on April 28, 2011 at 7:05 AM

No one was playing games with you. You guys are a nusance that needed to go away but didn’t. When the issue first came up he released legal documentation stating his place of birth and parents. Then birthers lost it and had to make up what a NBC was, photoshop fake Kenyan birther certificates, edit statements from family members, come up with all kinds of obnxious theories and conspiracy wanting to drag the leader of the free world down into your lunacy. He didn’t play. It wasn’t until that self righteous a** Donald Trump, who I might had got totally punked and had to REALLY lay it on thick at his press conference (If you guys paid attention to how many times the man said “I” you will see you have a complete utter liar and narcissist on your hands much like the one in office), when Trump stirred the birther pot and you guys rose up an started to infect sane folks that Obama had to lay the smack down.

Magnus on April 28, 2011 at 8:40 AM

None of that implies that your COLB couldn’t be based on false information as a result of a false affidavit that was filed at the time. It’s not a big deal if a false COLB is used to get a drivers license, passports, school admission, or a regular job – but it is kinda a big deal to use it to become President of the US – which is why many Birthers wanted to see the LFBC.

But by all means, attack them for thinking that the job of POTUS is more important than your drivers license.

blink on April 28, 2011 at 8:41 AM

COLBs are based on what is on the long form! OMG you guys are totally on the crazy train. And if it says he was born in Hawaii than he was eligible to be President! Period!

…as a bag of rocks.

Magnus on April 28, 2011 at 8:46 AM

Just keep pushing this falsehood despite all the evidence, AP, it’s amusing.

Trump vs. Obama in the debates? Trump cleans his clock.

fossten on April 28, 2011 at 7:22 AM

Trump is going to get slammed in any debate, with another Republican or with Obama if he makes it that far. Anytime anyone question what he is saying and what he has been doing and all the scummy things and frankly non-conservative things he has done and was doing until a few weeks ago he just starts yelling a screaming and making up stuff or trying to change the subject. An he gets caught in his lies all day long. Please GOD let him be your nominee.

Magnus on April 28, 2011 at 8:50 AM

I’ll bet he remembers getting the gold, frankincence, and myrrh too.

ncborn on April 28, 2011 at 8:55 AM

…as a bag of rocks.

Magnus on April 28, 2011 at 8:46 AM

The short form COLB omitted certain information that was in the LF. Are you really this stupid?

After all of this, do you really NOT understand why the LF might satisfy a Birther whereas the short form might not? Are you really that clueless about what the Birthers were actually arguing?

blink on April 28, 2011 at 8:50 AM

No I don’t you guys are from another planet where logic and facts don’t exist. So no, I don’t know and I will never know because I’m not crazy.

Magnus on April 28, 2011 at 9:00 AM

I’ve never been a birther, but they’ve raised all kinds of doubt. I still believe he is a Communist ideologue who wants to destroy the country and the Constitution. He’s not smart enough to elude everything. Time will tell……

adamsmith on April 28, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Magnus on April 28, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Uh, personal history and business dealings aren’t typically fodder for Presidential debates. Otherwise we would have heard about Jeremiah Wright and Rezko in 2008.

Also, I’d like to see some video of Trump yelling and screaming in any TV interviews lately.

But nice try.

fossten on April 28, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Magnus on April 28, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Actually you come off as a bit unhinged.

fossten on April 28, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Was there a star and camel strolling by? Didn’t he just say we don’t have time for silliness, and he’s got more important things to do? He needs to go see a doc for his short term memory loss.

Kissmygrits on April 28, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Looking at that picture, I swear he looks like he’s on drugs.

quint906 on April 28, 2011 at 10:17 AM