Video: How to intimidate your way to victory in labor negotiations

posted at 7:14 pm on April 25, 2011 by Allahpundit

I’m tempted to call this a master class but the master class was held in Wisconsin a few weeks ago. This is part two of a series that Breitbart’s Big Government site is running today. If you only have time for one clip, watch the second one (by clicking the image below) as that’s where you’ll find useful tips on how to convince your boss that you might physically destroy his business and/or kill him. Part one is interesting too, but like any college grad, I’m somewhat inured to the spectacle of dogmatic leftists ranting about “the system” in revolutionary terms. Abandon all hope of a “new tone,” ye who enter here.

Comments

But Glenn Beck’s paranoid to be worried over this.

/sarc

rbj on April 25, 2011 at 7:20 PM

And to think, some people persist in believing that BigLabor has lost its relevance!

cynccook on April 25, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Vile scumbagery…

Claypigeon on April 25, 2011 at 7:23 PM

This is a two part class. The next semester is “How to make a Roadside Bomb/ Pipe Bomb for Domestic Protest”.

Those parents ought to be so happy paying tuition for their children to become Leftist fodder in a war against Americans.

portlandon on April 25, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Dirty Basterds

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Great stuff! In celebration I just bought myself several boxes of 12 gauge 00 buck. Sometimes you just something to prompt the shopping trip you’ve been putting off.

Mason on April 25, 2011 at 7:26 PM

rbj on April 25, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Isn’t this the same audio he played awhile ago?

Bee on April 25, 2011 at 7:30 PM

New tone…same as the old tone.

ravens45 on April 25, 2011 at 7:30 PM

obama’s peeps…to the core.

winston on April 25, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Isn’t this the same audio he played awhile ago?

Bee on April 25, 2011 at 7:30 PM

I think so, they’re all blurring together.

rbj on April 25, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Well, how else are the useless going to get anywhere in life?

OldEnglish on April 25, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Goon…!

Seven Percent Solution on April 25, 2011 at 7:39 PM

rbj on April 25, 2011 at 7:33 PM

No kidding. I’m dizzy from it all.

Bee on April 25, 2011 at 7:41 PM

GOP? Paging GOP? Any comments? Boehner? McConnell? Anybody?

rrpjr on April 25, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Were these “instructors” classmates of BHO…?

d1carter on April 25, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Here’s the email I sent off to Professor Ancel:

Since you clearly approve of the tactic when it comes to intimidating management in labor negotiations, I wonder how you’d feel if libertarian and conservative activists left not-so-random articles about sabotaging and disrupting the work of teachers and professors laying around your classrooms? Industrial equipment is not the only thing that can be damaged or sabotaged. I’m sure that your office and personal computers contain years of research and work. Work that could go up in a figurative digital puff of smoke if the right person were to decide that it served a greater good to commit sabotage. They wouldn’t even have to break into your office or home to do it, just figure out how to deliver the payload digitally. Kind of gives you pause when you open up an email, doesn’t it?

How would you react if anti-union activists just “happened to bump into you” where you shop or worship regularly? I’m willing to bet that you wouldn’t chuckle about an implicit threat of violence if you or your family was the implicit target of that violence.

I know how I deal with my own inconsistencies and contradictions. How do you deal with being a tenured radical? Oh, that’s right, you think you’re morally superior and different standards apply to you, that you deserve your sinecure. Just wondering, could a student with a career plan of being a labor negotiator for management be admitted to your program?

Ronnie Schreiber
Executive Editor
Cars In Depth

rokemronnie on April 25, 2011 at 7:52 PM

WTF

txag92 on April 25, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Oh yeah… And where is PETA about those cats?/?

RalphyBoy on April 25, 2011 at 8:08 PM

My hero of the day is Breitbart.

How much play this gets is still in question.

There is getting to be so very very much that it is a bit overwhelming.

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Mason on April 25, 2011 at 7:26 PM

The world’s largest army… America’s hunters
There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin.
Over the last several months, Wisconsin ‘s hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.
More men under arms than in Iran.
More than in France and Germany combined.
These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.
That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan ‘s 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home.
Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

mechkiller_k on April 25, 2011 at 8:36 PM

That was pretty sickening. Looks like they paid attention to the French Laborers who kidnap their managers,take over the plants and block the roads wirh trucks and tractors…they just missed the part where it was a miserable failure that months of rioting could not stop. The French union workers ended up losing anyway and have to retire 2 years later to boot!

CCRWM on April 25, 2011 at 8:38 PM

All I have to say to scum like this is, thanks for reminding ordinary Americans why they instinctively oppose the progressive agenda. You’re making the right’s job sooooo much easier :)

Sharke on April 25, 2011 at 8:40 PM

mechkiller_k on April 25, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Do you know what the Democrat vs Republican…union worker vs employer or non union worker makeup is?

CCRWM on April 25, 2011 at 8:40 PM

ROFL. Tough guys who want everyone else to go out and do the dirty work while they hide under the bed. This douchebag would get about as far as “If you don’t what I want I will..” before he was wearing his butt for a hat.

Bishop on April 25, 2011 at 8:46 PM

What’s the name of the course? Union Thuggery 101?

Kini on April 25, 2011 at 8:48 PM

CCRWM on April 25, 2011 at 8:40 PM

No I don’t. Not sure if that is available. I do know that the freeways to the auto plants are less congested during hunting season here in Michigan then any other time of the year. That is not a good sign as to gun ownership.

But then again you have the serious hunters vs the deer camp hunters.

Hope that helps.

mechkiller_k on April 25, 2011 at 8:54 PM

GOP? Paging GOP? Any comments? Boehner? McConnell? Anybody?

rrpjr on April 25, 2011 at 7:49 PM

They don’t want Chrissy Tingles to say mean things about them on Tweeter.

CurtZHP on April 25, 2011 at 9:01 PM

GOP? Paging GOP? Any comments? Boehner? McConnell? Anybody?
rrpjr on April 25, 2011 at 7:49 PM

The left continually gives us this ammo to use against them and yet most of our sissy legislators never respond.

arnold ziffel on April 25, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Government employees advocating terrorism against the private sector.

Midas on April 25, 2011 at 9:27 PM

This thug should be in jail, along with his enablers.

Our business will NEVER support UMKC or any other “school” which willingly spreads, endorses, or legitimises this kind of cr@p in any way!!!

landlines on April 25, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Killem all……………

dmann on April 25, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Vile scumbagery…

Claypigeon on April 25, 2011 at 7:23 PM

…and that’s his good side.

Zorro on April 25, 2011 at 9:45 PM

The Idiot’s Guide To Protection Rackets. One can only hope David Giljum gets a racketeering charge for his efforts. But since he did this while a union member that won’t happen.

The last anecdote is the worst. Sending cats, feral or not, into a power plant with the obvious intent to shut down the plant by getting the cats electrocuted is absolutely despicable. The “Professor” finding this example humorous is simply ghoulish. But don’t worry about the cats, it’s for the good of the workers so to hell with morality. But we all know ethical or moral guidelines are simply a capitalist to oppress the proletariat.

/sarc

nomorespin on April 25, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Hey Unions – How’s that thuggery working for you???

bflat879 on April 25, 2011 at 10:01 PM

capitalist ploy to oppress the proletariat. typo.

nomorespin on April 25, 2011 at 10:29 PM

It’s time to put some of these academics out to pasture where they belong instead of perching their fat subsidized butts on their tax supported chairs. I also wonder how many of the students spouting violent Marxist rhetoric are getting a free ride.

This stuff is getting out of hand. They have every right to free speech but do the rest of us have to pay for it? And pay them to teach it.

Don’t get fooled by the ‘academic freedom’ smokescreen. Just try to find a professor allowed to teach that homosexuality is a perversion.

DaMav on April 25, 2011 at 10:33 PM

My parents grew up in the horror that was WW2 in NE Italy as children – many people were neither fascist nor Nazi nor communist. But sympathizers and gangs from all these groups terrorized everyone who were simply trying to escape with their lives. Each of these groups personally visited my parents’ homes. Nazis killed my maternal great grandfather and burned down my father’s home. Fascists threatened everyone simply if they didn’t profess loyalty. Communists threatened to kill my parents’ families simply because “you have too much money” – funny as my family had to scrounge for grain to eat. Eating cats as a source of meat was a rare ‘treat’. This was “having too much money.”

I never considered myself a person to react to nonsense like these a-holes… but I’ll be damned if a US communist is going to threaten myself, my family, or any “non-communist” American.

They’re preparing…

So will I.

Been to Auschwitz. Seen the remnants of that horror.

Never again.

To liberals & intellectual communists who want to start something… if you really want to start something… think long & hard.

The rest of us will never start it. But we’ll finish it.

Danny on April 25, 2011 at 10:39 PM

I’m no PETA person but this nonchalant cruelty to those cats speaks to something darker in their nature.

Something really dark.

PattyJ on April 25, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Just one of the many reasons that when I think union (public or private), I think extortion, bribery, violence, vandalism, nepotism, corruption, and intimidation.

If you cross the ILWU (International Longshoreman’s Worker’s Union) more than likely you’ll be found floating between pier pilings.

kurtzz3 on April 25, 2011 at 11:37 PM

And so when I hyphenate the Democrap-Union-Mob-Communist party, I am not engaging in hyperbole. Just so you know.

Jaibones on April 26, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Two Words

“Smith Act”

xler8bmw on April 26, 2011 at 8:11 AM

Many of you probably already understand this… but having worked in “higher ed” for over 14 years, this doesn’t shock me in the least. That professor is pretty standard stuff.

I work with an openly revolutionary Che-t-shirt-wearing professor who teaches in a department that you wouldn’t necessarily connect with Marxist tendencies. I know departments such as Sociology, Psychology, Political Science, and the other soft sciences are filled with Marxists.

When I first heard Obama speak, I knew he was a Marxist. He’s a typical academic Communist. These are not your father’s Democrats.

mankai on April 26, 2011 at 8:14 AM

My father-in-law is a member of that guy’s union. I’ll make sure he watches this so he knows what his union dues pays for. He didn’t believe me about the union thugs beating that guy in St. Louis until I showed him video.

Torch on April 26, 2011 at 9:17 AM

Paging Nancy Pelosi

I have concerns about some of the language that is being used because I saw … I saw this myself in the late ’70s…

Buy Danish on April 26, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Oh yeah… And where is PETA about those cats?/?

RalphyBoy on April 25, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Don’t think about the cats. Okay?

shick on April 26, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Union members have got to be some of the stupidest people on Earth. They throw their cash and support behind a group that constantly tries to accomplish the exact opposite of what their employer needs to do to be successful. “I know – we’ll shut the plant down and maybe they’ll lose work!” Yeah genius, that’ll show them. They are literally too dumb to connect the dots between their employers success and their own personal success with that company. You can even show them how one correlates to the other and they can’t grasp it.

Aside from the stupidity factor, I’ve seen time and time again how lazy the union makes its members. I went to school with some very hard-working guys who had excellent work ethic and took pride in what they did. They got hired in union shops and within a couple years all of those qualities had been erased. They developed an “us versus them” attitude about their employers and were constantly trying to see how little they could do to get by.

One even told me about how their company would occasionally come out and do time studies to analyze and set standards for assembly. The guys on the floor would hide their good tools and equipment (air wrenches etc.) and go as slow as possible using the sub-standard tools and methods so that when new standards were set they would be the same as the old standards – despite the continuous improvement the guys had been able to achieve.

So that’s how I view unions: lazy, short sighted, and not smart enough to connect the dots. Ironically, it’s the union guys who will bitch all day about work going out of the US. Hmmmm… I wonder why we can’t be competitive.

Free Indeed on April 26, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Looks like a clear case of communist labor union racketeering.

Time for a RICO complaint.

Roy Rogers on April 26, 2011 at 11:22 AM

How to intimidate your way to victory in labor negotiations.

Looks like they’ve picked up a few ideas from the theater, such as “Break a leg!”

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on April 26, 2011 at 2:19 PM

1. Hooray for Breitbart.

2. It is a lot easier to knock down a 100 story office tower than to build one.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on April 26, 2011 at 2:19 PM