Jan Brewer: Birtherism is leading America “down a path of destruction”

posted at 10:04 pm on April 25, 2011 by Allahpundit

A squeeze of rhetorical lemon juice in the wound she inflicted on Birthers with last week’s veto. The more aggressive she is on this issue, the more intrigued I am. It’s one thing to take the Romney/Pawlenty line and say that she believes Obama was born in Hawaii, but “path to destruction” is strong medicine even by the standards of adamant anti-Birthers. When I asked last week for theories as to why she would have vetoed the bill, a few people e-mailed to say she was being sly and counting on it to pass anyway via veto-proof majority. That seems unlikely now; opposition that weak wouldn’t have produced condemnation this strong.

I don’t want to build anticipation too much but what you’re about to see might be the first clip featuring a Republican to generate an Obama-esque leg thrill in Chris Matthews. Exit question: Last year she signed the immigration bill, and now this. Where exactly does that leave her on the left’s spectrum of GOP “racism”?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

might add:BRAVO!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2011 at 10:12 AM

You don’t find this issue worth discussing?

DON’T!

DiogenesLamp on April 26, 2011 at 10:18 AM

From everything i’ve read on the subject, it appears more likely to me that Barack Obama sr. is NOT really his father.

Hmmmm…so Stanley had a thing for Black men?

Fed45 on April 26, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Except if Jindal decides to run. Or any other Republican with a similar pedigree. Then the press will be all over it

(And,no, Jindal is not a natural born citizen, so he is disqualified)

Fed45 on April 26, 2011 at 10:13 AM

I’ve heard that Marco Rubio is. :)

DiogenesLamp on April 26, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Trump’s reputation suffering is meaningless and the so called “damage” from an unelected, late-minute Republican is neglible to what he is doing to Obama eventually.

Conan on April 26, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Don’t forget that a man is in prison right now (Lt. Col. Terry Larkin.)because Obama refused to prove his eligibility.

DiogenesLamp on April 26, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Hmmmm…so Stanley had a thing for Black men?

Fed45 on April 26, 2011 at 10:19 AM

It’s a bit hard to separate good information from bad on this issue, because so much stuff that isn’t true keeps getting repeated.

There is circumstantial evidence to indicate that Stanley Ann Dunham was having regular sex with Frank Davis since she was 14. Davis admits in his autobiography to having a lot of sex with a 14 year old white girl named “Ann.” (if true, why would he stop doing it?) There are Nude pictures of Stanley Ann Dunham on the internet that appear to have been taken in the early 1960s, and the phonograph records in the background indicate a preference for Jazz. Obama looks a lot like Frank Davis. Davis was also known to be an avid photographer.

And there are other bits and pieces as well, such as Obama’s poem about Davis called “Pops.”

DiogenesLamp on April 26, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Jan: You are on the way to destruction.

Donald: What you say !!

Jan: You have no chance to survive make your time.

Jan: Ha Ha Ha Ha ….

VekTor on April 26, 2011 at 10:46 AM

The more I see of Jan Brewer the more I want her to be the next President.

thuja on April 26, 2011 at 10:47 AM

It occurs to me that the Arizona law would have violated the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the Constitution and thus be unconstitutional. So the Birthers love the Constitution so much that they seek to pass unconstitutional laws to protect it. Idiots.

thuja on April 26, 2011 at 10:52 AM

thuja on April 26, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Not at all. Arizona would cheerfully accept the CORRECT document from Hawaii. Stop spreading a false meme.

DiogenesLamp on April 26, 2011 at 10:55 AM

When Brewer vetoed the bill, I didn’t like her reasons. . .

One reason to remember is that she had a conflict of interest because the Arizona Secretary of State was the official that had accepted Obama’s eligibility in 2008.

That Secretary of State was Jan Brewer.

cane_loader on April 26, 2011 at 3:59 AM

And that’s the rest of the story.

Emperor Norton on April 26, 2011 at 10:59 AM

DiogenesLamp on April 26, 2011 at 10:30 AM

This is why I can’t believe Obama doesn’t address this issue directly and ask that his mother be respected. Her life is over, and whatever she did or didn’t do is not Obama’s fault.

Obama must have gotten some advice that if he makes a bigger deal out of it more people will look…

The thing is, a plea from a son to leave his dead mother alone is a pretty sympathtic thing. I think he would win that arguement.

So I guess for the good of the country I hope he doesn’t… but really it is very crass.

petunia on April 26, 2011 at 11:01 AM

The more I see of Jan Brewer the more I want her to be the next President.

thuja on April 26, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Yeah, she’s great if you like “For the Children” tax hikes, nat’l IDs, “public-private partnership” fascism, and protecting the bankstas (among other un-conservative policies).

Rae on April 26, 2011 at 11:02 AM

petunia on April 26, 2011 at 11:01 AM

One would think that a Son would have the good sense not to run for President with such skeletons in the closet, or the good grace to face and dismiss them in public.

I argue that Obama has neither Sense nor Grace.

DiogenesLamp on April 26, 2011 at 11:04 AM

He certainly could argue that the legal requirements to be President are insufficient, but he couldn’t argue that Obama didn’t have the legal authority to order his deployment at the of the order. In other words, he was obligated to follow orders until Obama was no longer considered to be the President.

blink on April 26, 2011 at 11:32 AM

He didn’t ARGUE anything. The Judge said “SHUT UP!”

Every officer of the United States SWEARS to defend the Constitution, and it is the DUTY of every officer to disobey unlawful orders. If you do not know if a person is a lawful President, you have a duty to make sure before you obey anything he says.

Likewise, the President has a DUTY to resolve any doubt regarding his legitimacy.

But we don’t have a man in the office, we have a Man-Child.

DiogenesLamp on April 26, 2011 at 11:36 AM

What proof do we have that Donald Trump’s mother became a citizen in good time for his own birth?

amazingmets on April 26, 2011 at 11:38 AM

amazingmets on April 26, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Who cares? When it comes time for that to be an issue, THEN we will discuss it. One ineligible President at a time.

DiogenesLamp on April 26, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Actually, I’m on the verge of a stunning breakthrough. I believe under the logic of birthers, Ronald Reagan was ineligible to be a natural born citizen.

I’m particularly concerned about his grandfather…

I cannot find valid evidence that his grandparents became citizens in time for his father’s birth. Without these documents, his father would not be a citizen. Unless his father took the active steps of becoming a citizen in time for the birth of Ronald Reagan, then I am afraid Ronald Reagan was born to an illegal alien father and should never have been President.

There are several moments when those immigrants who think they helped build this country have possibly had anchor babies! We must start a commission to resolve all possible birth discrepancies and remove the title of President from any individuals from the Zero to Reagan who do not meet the set requirements.

amazingmets on April 26, 2011 at 11:52 AM

amazingmets on April 26, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Again, no one cares. It’s the illegitimate President we have NOW that matters.

DiogenesLamp on April 26, 2011 at 11:57 AM

But if your definition of illegitimate is designed to prevent anyone from being President, what’s the point?

You don’t like his policies, I don’t like his policies, but I at least recognize that he is my President, elected and eligible to serve. A standard seems to have been created to try and claim he’s not able to serve, that is far too vague, that could deem a substantial amount of previous Presidents illegitimate. Perhaps the only person in Washington capable of meeting those standards is former Representative Mike Castle.

Under your logic most Americans today would have to take the citizenship test. I probably would.

My mother was NOT a citizen when I was born, my father was a citizen. But wait, he was a citizen because he was born in the US. His parents immigrated to the US in order to flea the Soviet Union, where my grandfather would almost surely have been sent to the gulags, but by the time of his birth, they were not yet citizens.

Where do I go to sign up for my citizenship? I mean I have my passport and I have my proof that I was born in the US (a long form birth certificate). But apparently, I’m not a citizen, I’d have to take the citizenship test before I have any children, to ensure that they are citizens.

I’ll tell you something else, I voted. I voted in the Republican primary in 2008. I voted in the midterms of 2010. All those times, I voted Republican.

What proof do you have that you should be eligible to vote, since that’s only for citizens, who have to be naturalized if they’re not the product of the birth of two citizens. Can you ensure that your entire family tree contains only individuals who were citizens at the time of the birth of the next generation, all the way back to the Constitutional Convention?

This isn’t just about the President then, this has to be about purging those who shouldn’t be able to vote from the voter rolls!

amazingmets on April 26, 2011 at 12:17 PM

I’m not a birther but……should we not at the very least question any Presidential Candidate as to their 14th amendment bona fides? There was a reason why the framers used the language they used in this amendment. Are we saying that we should defer this amendment? If we defer this amendment then why would we not have selective power induced by emotion to defer all other Constitutional Amendments? Would you hire someone to run your company that took 30 years to build who could not provide a proven employment application? Of course not so why are we asked not to question this for filling the position of the highest office in our land with 300 million employees as an example?

With President Obama, all historical information has been sealed. Not one classmate, one law firm associate, childhood friend et al., has been forthcoming as with all of the President’s historical information. It’s the collective culmination of this dynamic and the expensive isometrics Obama has exercised that’s now piqued my interest. This information will be found. If all is in order, then a great deal of American’s will feel they were toyed with at their expense as this has taken a toll in time, expense and collective insult. Should the information be negative?

See what I mean? Either way Obama loses IMO so I’m waiting for this to play out.

Tangerinesong on April 26, 2011 at 12:20 PM

amazingmets on April 26, 2011 at 12:17 PM

I won’t believe he’s eligible until he provides some proof that he is eligible. If his father really is Barack Obama sr., then he’s out. It’s just that simple.

As far as i’m concerned, he’s illegitimate until proven otherwise.

DiogenesLamp on April 26, 2011 at 1:30 PM

I bet Obama’s momma wasn’t even his momma. I think Stanley Dunham is his daddy.
I think Stanley dumped his illegitimate lovechild onto his daughter Stanley Ann since she was already dating Barack Sr.

That’s why there are no photos of her pregnant. That’s why she found it so easy to send him off to his “grandparents” when he was 8 yrs old, because she was sending him off to live with his “Daddy” Stanley. His illegitimate lovechild was creating havoc in her new marriage, she already has Maya from this marriage, and she didn’t need the hassle of dealing with the militant little muslim that Barry was becoming. Barry looks just like his momma. Who looks just like her daddy. Perhaps Barry and Stanley Ann are brother and sister? Hmmmm.

Think I’m wrong, Barry? Then prove it. Show me the certificate :)

Califemme on April 26, 2011 at 1:31 PM

I just don’t understand why he doesn’t produce the documents. I don’t understand why they didn’t come out the minute he was questioned on it. I would have, wouldn’t you? Frankly I don’t think there is anything to the claims, but I’m just angry at the arrogance and secretive nature of the left. Were there any question about someone on the right not being forthcoming, it would be all the left could or would talk about.

flyfishingdad on April 26, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Obama has no more right to hang on to his sealed birth records than Jack Ryan has to hang on to his sealed divorce records.

DiogenesLamp on April 26, 2011 at 1:46 PM

The 14th Amendment has NOTHING to do with Article II, Sec. 1, clause 5 of the Constitution.

The 14th Amendment says Henry Kissinger and Arnold Schwartzenagger are citizens. Neither are elibible to be President. The 14th Amendment does nothing to define “natural born citizen”

Fed45 on April 26, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Jan Brewer is by no means stupid. I hold her in very high regard. Having said that, I feel that deep down she harbors concerns and reservations too about Mr Obama’s origins.

But she wants to avoid the chaos and possible bloodshed that would occur if Obama were to be definitively outed as the illegitimate usurper he really is prior to his removal from office in mid-January 2013, after losing the election in a mega-landslide. She probably figures “let’s put up with this assklown for one more year and then he’s gone. Out him after he’s out of the White House.”

And AllahPundit I don’t want to hear any more snide comments about “birthers.” Mr Obama’s own actions about his birth certificate cry out that he’s a damn furriner. And I’m not talking about his Hawaiian birth certification either – I’m talking about his birth certificate. If you can’t figure out the difference then you shouldn’t be making comments about this grave issue. Mr Obama really is The Manchurian Candidate in the flesh.

CatchAll on April 26, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Ok, skip the birth certificate for a moment.

How do you explain Obama’s fake social security number?
Checkmate.

Califemme on April 26, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Well, when one uses phrases like “I’ve never heard that before”, and “a cursory glance at”, and appears to not do even the most basic research to support their position, I have to question their abilities to make sound arguments

Fed45 on April 26, 2011 at 10:09 AM

So me not really caring about this issue makes you question my ability to make sound arguments? I was being honest about how informed I am, I hadn’t heard that before, and I haven’t spent the time reading the decisions thoroughly.

So if we’re going to take behavioral patterns to deduce one’s abilities to form sound arguments, which one of us came up with the formula “Doesn’t really care and admits as such = probably can’t form sound arguments”? Tell me, what logical principles led you from point A to point B? The “I just make stuff up” principle? The “I talk down to people because this is a major cornerstone of my self-esteem and I can’t risk it being actually challenged” principle? Please, enlighten me!

galenrox on April 26, 2011 at 2:25 PM

DiogenesLamp on April 26, 2011 at 1:46 PM

nice

galenrox on April 26, 2011 at 2:26 PM

That’s quite a statement, and wrong. It appears you’re a Mets fan. Maybe that explains it.

I at least recognize that he is my President, elected and eligible to serve

I guess he fooled you, too.

A standard seems to have been created to try and claim he’s not able to serve

The rule is located in the US Constitution, Article II, Section 1, Clause 5. The phrase is “natural born Citizen.” The President must be that. Congressmen and Senators only have to be a “citizen.” (see Article I, section 2, clause 2, and Article I, section 3, clause 3).

You’re wrong. It sounds like you are for sure a citizen.

My mother was NOT a citizen when I was born, my father was a citizen.

So you are a citizen, but not a “natural born Citizen.”

No, if you are born in the US, even to foreign nationals, you are a citizen. If you are a citizen, you can vote if you are at or above the minimum age. Each state can have laws about if you have to prove it when you show up to vote.

Emperor Norton on April 26, 2011 at 2:41 PM

The problem with obama’s birth is that the mother didnt fit the criteria.
Section 301(a)(7) of the former Act states that the following shall be nationals and citizens of the United
States at birth:
[A] person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying
possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States
who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its
outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than ten years, at least five of
which were after attaining the age of fourteen years: Provided,
That any periods of honorable
service in the Armed Forces of the United States by such citizen parent may be included in
computing the physical presence requirements of this paragraph.
if I recall the information correctly she was here 7 years, thats 3 shy. The rules are the rules

ColdWarrior57 on April 26, 2011 at 3:42 PM

nice

galenrox on April 26, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Thanks, the art of snark is under appreciated.

DiogenesLamp on April 26, 2011 at 3:44 PM

No. You not caring about the issue makes me wonder why you spend time commenting on it. I guess I got confused given your numberous comments. I thought you had an informed postion.

Fed45 on April 26, 2011 at 4:06 PM

Fed45 on April 26, 2011 at 4:06 PM

The other day (over at Ace of Spades HQ) I got into a “birther” discussion with this guy who has been an ongoing annoyance. He finally made a statement that just p*ssed me off to no end, because it illustrated just how stupid and ignorant he was about this subject, and yet here he was still trying to argue with me.

He said something to the effect that “none of the founders were Natural Born Citizens.”

Yeah clueless. (I though) Article II specifically exempts them. If you didn’t even know that much, you should never have opened your D@mn mouth.

DiogenesLamp on April 26, 2011 at 4:17 PM

DiogenesLamp on April 26, 2011 at 4:17 PM

What’s really scary is people this clueless actually vote.

Fed45 on April 26, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Maybe she means that when the truth is finally out there, this country will be in a Constitutional Crisis like this Republic has never seen.

I’ll agree with her on that.

Flyboy on April 25, 2011 at 10:16 PM

I agree.

mbs on April 26, 2011 at 4:36 PM

amazingmets on April 26, 2011 at 12:17 PM

You don’t understand that there’s a difference between natural born citizen, a constitutional requirement for the presidency, and citizenship. Two different things.

mbs on April 26, 2011 at 4:42 PM

amazingmets on April 26, 2011 at 11:38 AM

WND covered her citizenship status in late March. I’ll hunt for the link but they found her card and it was issued several years before little Donald was born.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 26, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Fed45 on April 26, 2011 at 10:19 AM

According to Obama himself, YES. He writes in Dreams of My Father that his mother had a thing for black men, he noticed her excitement watching Poitier, and Obama was “embarrassed” by it.

Frank Marshall Davis makes the most sense when all is added up, but wow does O look like Malcolm X and Malia even more so (even has his cleft chin). Stanley Ann was in Chicago working as an au pair the year prior to O’s birth and I wonder if she met Malcolm then but thought she was having Davis’ baby.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 26, 2011 at 5:36 PM

amazingmets, here’e the link to Mary Anne Trump’s citizen status four years before Donald was born:

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 26, 2011 at 5:48 PM

DiogenesLamp on April 26, 2011 at 10:23 AM

No, a man is in prison right now because he pleaded guilty to one count of disobeying orders, was convicted of two counts of disobeying orders and one count of missing a movement and he should have got the full 18 months. You don’t get to only follow the CIC you like, that’s not how things work in the non birther real world.

NextGen on April 26, 2011 at 5:49 PM

This is off topic, and I dont come on here much, but user Aslan’s Girl, had a post on Easter that mentioned a Sandy Patti Larnelle Harris song. I love them so much and I wanted her to know that Larnelle Harris has a song called “I walked today where Jesus walked”. It is a solo and he is one of the best singers ever just like Patti. Some blessed folks. I hope Aslan’s Girl gets this so she can enjoy this as i have.

Reagan 2.0 on April 27, 2011 at 12:02 AM