Breaking: Haley Barbour not running for president; Update: Daniels now 60-70%?

posted at 3:48 pm on April 25, 2011 by Allahpundit

I’m honestly shocked. He was the one guy among the fencesitters who I thought was a lock to jump in, especially if Huckabee sat out and created a vacuum for a southern candidate. He made high-profile appearances recently in Iowa and New Hampshire and had plans for more trips in the coming weeks. A new interview with him about the possibility of running appeared just 24 hours ago at Newsweek.

What happened?

“I will not be a candidate for president next year. This has been a difficult, personal decision, and I am very grateful to my family for their total support of my going forward, had that been what I decided.

“Hundreds of people have encouraged me to run and offered both to give and raise money for a presidential campaign. Many volunteers have organized events in support of my pursuing the race. Some have dedicated virtually full time to setting up preliminary organizations in critical, early states and to helping plan what has been several months of intensive activity.

“I greatly appreciate each and every one of them and all their outstanding efforts. If I have disappointed any of them in this decision, I sincerely regret it.

“A candidate for president today is embracing a ten-year commitment to an all-consuming effort, to the virtual exclusion of all else. His (or her) supporters expect and deserve no less than absolute fire in the belly from their candidate. I cannot offer that with certainty, and total certainty is required.

“This decision means I will continue my job as Governor Mississippi, my role in the Republican Governors Association and my efforts to elect a new Republican president in 2012, as the stakes for the nation require that effort to be successful.”

Verrry curious. Barbour’s worked tirelessly for the RNC, RGA, and other conservative groups for years; his fundraising ability is legendary. I can’t believe the fire wouldn’t be there if he thought he had a path to victory. But even with his southern advantage, maybe he didn’t: He’s not a natural match for either Iowa or New Hampshire and it’d be tough to hold South Carolina having lost all of the earlier primaries. Could be that he looked at the map and thought it was a lost cause. Or, given what he said about this being a “difficult, personal decision,” maybe he bowed to family pressure. His wife famously told the AP a few weeks ago that the thought of a campaign “horrifies” her because it would be “a huge sacrifice for a family to make.”

Or maybe this is the answer:

[Mitch] Daniels is candid: He’d be less inclined to launch a White House bid if Barbour does the same.

“My first inclination would be to help Haley,” said Daniels, adding: “It would be unusual [if we both ran]. On every past occasion, we’ve been teammates.”

There’s a new story at WaPo this morning about the Daniels’s presidential Hamlet act in which he describes his thinking at this point as “muddled.” Barbour dropping out will help clarify things a bit since, if Daniels does run, he’s now practically guaranteed Barbour’s endorsement and fundraising help. Barbour might not make it to the White House on his own, but if he joins forces with Mitch the Knife, he could get there as VP, chief of staff, or in any number of other roles. He’s a bottom-line kind of guy, and that’d be a shrewd bottom-line calculation. Now all Daniels has to do is play ball.

Update: Chris Cillizza notes an AP story published yesterday that claimed Barbour was “expected to join the field as early as this coming week.”

Update: Idle thought: Are we now guaranteed a Huckabee candidacy? It’s hard to imagine a GOP primary with no southerners in the mix.

Update: Yes, technically Gingrich is a “southern” candidate, but he’s not southern-identified the way Huck and Barbour are. And it’s an open question at the moment whether major players in his own home state will line up behind him.

Update: A source close to Daniels tells NYT reporter John Harwood he’s leaning towards yes: “mitchdaniels confidant: Indiana Gov. now ’60 to 70%’ likely to seek 2012 GOP nomination”.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

How about ruling out candidates who have said, categorically, that they’re not candidates?

MJBrutus on April 25, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Well, yes. that would be Christie, and now Barbour.

It does not include Sarah Palin, however.

Brian1972 on April 25, 2011 at 6:44 PM

portlandon on April 25, 2011 at 6:23 PM

I have apologized calling her weird… How many times now?

Portlandon, you are the reason there is a circus surrounding Palin by the way.

This is was all one night when I was in a particularly bad mood… I have gone through this exact list about five times and explained every one of these things… But you know that don’t you Portlandon? You just can’t think of anything to say. So you have to rehash over and over again… you and your grudge really should try some new tactics.

Like making some actual points…

I have tried having honest discussions with her, tried to find out what her problems are… she just lives to keep grudges going.

For years.

She has nothing of value to add so she bookmarks people she considers her enemies… I’m not the only one.

Reminds me of an Anninca style rant.

Kataklysmic on April 25, 2011 at 6:26 PM

You are siding with one of Hot Air’s most notoriously rabid bullies. She especially likes to say nice things about Relief Society… I’m glad you like her so much.

I’ve been here for years and so has she. She is a bully. So if that is who you choose as your friends, that’s totally up to you.

More people have left Hot Air because of Portlandon than any one else. She is the reason we can’t have discussions anymore.

She tolerates no disagreement. And she always goes personal. She doesn’t accept appologies.

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Remember when she threw out the f-bomb twice in that thread at someone who really pi$$ed her off?
Classic…

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Yup. It was they day Obamacare passed. That was a meltdown for the ages. Almost as many people got banhammered that day as on the Israeli family who got murdered thread a few weeks ago.

Kataklysmic on April 25, 2011 at 6:47 PM

She doesn’t accept appologies.

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 6:45 PM

I know how to spell apologies.

(PS. I’m a “He” not a “She”)

portlandon on April 25, 2011 at 6:48 PM

portlandon on April 25, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Yeah right. I believe nothing you say.

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Daniels has no chance whatsoever, but I look forward to Huckabee starting a whispering campaign about Daniels’ arab/muslim ancestry.

RINO on RINO violence

Norwegian on April 25, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Kataklysmic on April 25, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Gotta’ love them epic meltdown threads. I do miss Kinley Ardal and others…

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Yeah right. I believe nothing you say.

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Every time you get caught being a rude little snit regarding Palin hate & Romney Love you claim you were “In a bad mood” or “Having a bad day.”

Whatever. You’ve been exposed.

Deal with it.

portlandon on April 25, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Donald Trump seems to be working off a checklist of so-called conservative objections to Obama compiled by leftist wingnuts. He seems to be reading and raiding all of the marginal Obama biographies for accusations. Will he dare to venture into Larry Sinclair territory while quoting his erstwhile friend Jerry Seinfeld by saying “not that there’s anything wrong with that”? I don’t expect him to, but the fatal flaw I foresee is that Trump is capable of going there.

Terrie on April 25, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Whatever. You’ve been exposed.

Deal with it.

portlandon on April 25, 2011 at 6:54 PM

So saying Pain is not at the bottom of my list is a rude little snit.

I see.

And my not supporting Romney in the Primary this year is Romney love?

I see.

Apparently you can’t read.

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 6:59 PM

wOOt!

JetBoy on April 25, 2011 at 7:04 PM

wOOt!

JetBoy on April 25, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Meh.

Brian1972 on April 25, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Shhhhh. Whatever you do, don’t tell Allah that Herman Cain is from the South.

The Other McCain on April 25, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Shhhhh. Whatever you do, don’t tell Allah that Herman Cain is from the South.

The Other McCain on April 25, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Haha, he is from Georgia, right?

I wouldn’t write off the Arctic Fox in Dixie either, Stacy.

She is right down the line with most Southerners, even a lot of Democrats on the issues.

Brian1972 on April 25, 2011 at 7:10 PM

portlandon on April 25, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Yeah right. I believe nothing you say.

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 6:52 PM

No, it’s true. “Apologies” really does have only one “p.”

cynccook on April 25, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Barbor never had a chance.

He’s establishment – and he’s a lobbyist. If there is one thing that has polluted the Republican party over the last half century – it’s lobbyists and special interests. It’s these folks who brought us ideas … Republican Socialist ideas … such as Ethanol.

Barbor never had a chance.

And Mitch “VAT TAX” Daniels hasn’t a chance either.

HondaV65 on April 25, 2011 at 7:13 PM

HondaV65 on April 25, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Who does stand a “chance”?..:)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Shhhhh. Whatever you do, don’t tell Allah that Herman Cain is from the South.

The Other McCain on April 25, 2011 at 7:05 PM

He had a very good interview on Fox today, as well. But I’m still worried about the experience issue. I know people are looking for outsiders, but should a candidate’s the first office ever be President?

I hope he catches a little more fire though. I’d like to see him debate and so forth. He is a possibility, business experience is good. And his attitude is good.

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 7:15 PM

No, it’s true. “Apologies” really does have only one “p.”

cynccook on April 25, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Not in the mood.

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 7:16 PM

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 7:15 PM

PALIN/CAIN 2012!

Brian1972 on April 25, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Not in the mood.

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Awwww….c’mon P. If you were here, I’d give you a bunch of daffodils! Don’t let these goofballs get you down.

cynccook on April 25, 2011 at 7:17 PM

They do nothing but chase away those reasonable folks we need to win over to our side.

MJBrutus on April 25, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Our side? I don’t think you are on the same side as the rest of us. You’re Dem Lite … maybe.

bw222 on April 25, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Mitch Daniels can’t even stand up to Indiana democrats! How’s he gonna face down Chicago thug democrats like Barry, Michelle, Valarie Jarrett, and Daley just to name a few?

SouthernGent on April 25, 2011 at 7:26 PM

SouthernGent on April 25, 2011 at 7:26 PM

You might be plesantly suprised!..:)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2011 at 7:28 PM

You might be pleasantly suprised!..:)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Sorry for the error!..:)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2011 at 7:29 PM

cynccook on April 25, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Thanks for the daffoldils. They smell nice.

I’ll get over it I always do. And I’m sure that reenforces Portlandon’s main point that I’m lying… because I actually can’t hold grudges very long. And I do tend to think most people have more going for them than against them. Although this chick portlandon may be the exception.

I vent… then I calm down.

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 7:32 PM

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Tempers fray because HotAirers of all people realize how much is at stake.

cynccook on April 25, 2011 at 7:36 PM

SouthernGent on April 25, 2011 at 7:26 PM

With his “truce on social issues” Daniels started making concessions long before he announced.

bw222 on April 25, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Kinda sad, really. Barbour has a lot going for him. He’s great at retail politics, and the southern accent that he keeps getting dismissed for tends to make his adversaries really underestimate him. Plus, I don’t think anyone has ever found any skeletons in his closet, and certainly no corruption.

But this is not a good time to be an insider, and his lobbyist ties would have really been used against him. Which just goes to prove: just because you’re a successful governor with an impressive resume and great political skills doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve got a shot at President.

tom on April 25, 2011 at 7:54 PM

portlandon on April 25, 2011 at 6:23 PM

I have apologized calling her weird… How many times now?

Portlandon, you are the reason there is a circus surrounding Palin by the way.
….

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 6:45 PM

I always thought a circus required more participants….

tom on April 25, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Perhaps it’s been posted, but maybe a Daniels/Barbour ticket is in the offing? I am disappointed that Barbour decided not to run. We need an experienced, two-term R governor as our nominee, and Barbour best fit the bill.

Sheerq on April 25, 2011 at 7:59 PM

T-Paw was in favor of the Libyan war for starters. That was a bad call. In addition, I would argue with your “attack” idea. The GOP candidate just needs to be a credible President. The election will be a referendum on PBHO IF the GOP nominates an acceptable candidate. Despite it being a low bar, that is a very big unfortunately with only two are maybe three who can meet it.

MJBrutus on April 25, 2011 at 6:28 PM

You’re right about T-Paw on Libya. And I generally agree that all we need is an acceptable candidate to win. As far as the “attack” idea, I’m not saying that we need a Gingrichesque candidate who excoriates Obama at every opportunity. But we do need a candidate who can recognize when it is advantageous or necessary to go on the attack.

Basically, I question Daniels’ political acumen in a presidential campaign. First, there was the call for the “truce”– it was an unnecessarily divisive and politically inept statement for someone who should be trying to unite the party around their candidacy. But far worse was Daniels’ feckless response to the fleebaggers in Indiana. Regardless of whatever collective bargaining restrictions Daniels had already won in earlier years, his timid response to the Democrats’ outrageous abandonment of their legislative duties was a political blunder. Daniels had an opportunity to step into the national spotlight and stand with Walker against state Democrats’ absurd anti-democratic tactics. It was a moment for leadership, and Daniels declined. Instead, he effectively conceded that fleeing the state is a legitimate negotiation tactic. I understand that Daniels was hoping to avoid a prolonged standoff so that he could move forward on his agenda with the newly Republican Indiana legislature, but in not taking a forceful stand he validated fleeing as legislative bargaining tool and abandoned leadership in a fight with clear national implications. I think Daniels would make a great President, but he can’t win the primary or the general by alienating allies and compromising with opponents. (see: McCain, John)

Lawdawg86 on April 25, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Pawlenty 2012

terryannonline on April 25, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Woohoo! Mitch Buchanon is going to run! I love Baywatch!

JetBoy on April 25, 2011 at 7:04 PM

The Guaranteed to Lose seal! It’s official. Don’t bother sending any money to the GOP. They’re not going to win. Faceless losers are not going to beat a media darling like Obama. We need a candidate that can fly over the media narrative not get stuck behind it. Oh well. Glad I can stop paying attention now. It’s going to be even worse than 2008 was by the look of it.

austinnelly on April 25, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Palin 2012. There is no substitute.

alwaysfiredup on April 25, 2011 at 8:33 PM

alwaysfiredup on April 25, 2011 at 8:33 PM

LOL!..:)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Tempers fray because HotAirers of all people realize how much is at stake.

cynccook on April 25, 2011 at 7:36 PM

No portlandon has stalked me for years. This has little to do with Palin or anything else… I didn’t realize it until last week but portlandon put up some of my quotes from 2008. Before Palin was a twinkle in McCain’s eye.

That did set off bells, I remember someone like that during the 2008 campaign… I of course couldn’t recall much at all, it was so long ago, and so much has happened since then… but portlandon has been holding that grudge for more than two years!!!!!

Yes, really, 2008!

And the ones posted today, were from February 14, 2011. So two and half months later… No matter what has transpired between then and now…

When ever portlandon feels I have up staged her somehow, she starts pulling out the old old quotes. Even if I have discussed them to death… Even if I apologized.

I guess she read Alinsky and decided to use it as a guide for her life.

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 8:45 PM

I’m liking what I’ve seen in Indiana from Daniels. He’d still need to close the deal… but MY vote in the GOP primary is still up for grabs. Who knows?… it might be his.
As a plus, seems like the guy has potential for broad appeal. I like a candidate who actually has a shot at going all the way.

Daniels should run.

Murf76 on April 25, 2011 at 8:47 PM

you guys arent gonna make me vote for Huckabee are you?

Please?

Im already on record, I will pull the lever for virtually any R challenger to stop Obama’s ruinous policies.

ginaswo on April 25, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Daniels should run.

Murf76 on April 25, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Thank gawd! Someone who is at least open to Daniels…unlike the Mitch-haters who simply don’t know the guy’s record, nor much else, and don’t want to.

JetBoy on April 25, 2011 at 8:53 PM

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 8:45 PM

portlandon is a he and you destroy your questionable creds by suggesting he isn’t.
Just sayin’

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2011 at 8:53 PM

austinnelly on April 25, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Exactly the kind of attitude that let Obama waltz into the White House. PLEASE people don’t do this again.

JetBoy on April 25, 2011 at 8:54 PM

JetBoy on April 25, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Awww, seems someone can’t separate hate from constructive criticism….:)

Brian1972 on April 25, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Awww, seems someone can’t separate hate from constructive criticism….:)

Brian1972 on April 25, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Heh…am I sounding sufficiently like a Palinista? ;)

JetBoy on April 25, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Palin 2012. There is no substitute.

alwaysfiredup on April 25, 2011 at 8:33 PM

So right!

All those that are running now would get wiped off the floor from obama in a debate.

Against Sarah, obama would go crying back to michelle. She would make him wish he never stuck his head up

ConservativePartyNow on April 25, 2011 at 9:01 PM

bw222 on April 25, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Actually… I’m digging that. Democrats would like nothing better than to make the 2012 about abortion and gay marriage. It would mean that they wouldn’t have to answer for the debt crisis. I think it’s pretty clear that ANY subject is preferable to them than the one which requires that they answer for their reckless and inexcusable spending.

Murf76 on April 25, 2011 at 9:05 PM

JetBoy on April 25, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Yeah. I’m totally not getting what all the twisted panties are about.

Murf76 on April 25, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Dick Morris likes all the losers.

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Just sayin’

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2011 at 8:53 PM

So she says. Why should I believe anything she has to say.

Okay… just for you I’ll stop. It is childish. I actually thought he was she until today. Apparently I have been fighting with this person for years and never noticed. In fact I just realized last week this person has been at me for years.

I’ve probably assumed it was several Palinistas… when mostly it’s just been the one.

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 9:09 PM

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 9:09 PM

What about gary4257 or whatever? Where is ‘she’ these days?
Infighting is tiresome and not very productive.
Thanks.

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2011 at 9:13 PM

OH GAWD, rON pAUL IS ON hANNITY…

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Daniels should run.

Murf76 on April 25, 2011 at 8:47 PM

I agree. I’m looking forward to Pawlenty and Daniels and I truly hope one of them catches fire.

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Infighting is tiresome and not very productive.
Thanks.

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Truer words were never spoken… I think when ever I have gotten into something hot… portlandon has always been there. I’m not sure but… it does seem like it after discovering the amount of time he has been holding on to my words… waiting to spring…

And basically, I’m on the same side… probably voted exactly the same… yet… I’m the enemy.

He probably figured he could run me out of town…

My secret is… I don’t stay mad. I’ve never been able to stay mad. So I’m probably not getting run off… but I’d appreciate if you didn’t try.:)

I only claim to be right half the time.

And yes I’m a squish… and probably a RINO… depending on who is doing the judging… I find all their politics to be so near the same.

I am open to all candidates… I have ranked some… but in the general I haven’t found one I’d not vote for.

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 9:23 PM

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 9:16 PM

That is a very mean thing to wish on another human being.

I hope they both remain un-combusted, and healthy. :)

Brian1972 on April 25, 2011 at 9:23 PM

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 9:23 PM

I don’t hold grudges.
Life is much too short for that.
I remain, Chief of sinners, yet saint.

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2011 at 9:26 PM

JetBoy on April 25, 2011 at 8:53 PM

When you sell-off one of your state’s most valuable assets (the Indiana Toll Road), it’s easy to be in the black.

bw222 on April 25, 2011 at 9:26 PM

… but in the general I haven’t found one I’d not vote for.

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Anyone but 0bama…

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2011 at 9:27 PM

petunia on April 25, 2011 at 9:16 PM

I’ll pop for the matches and charcoal lighter.

bw222 on April 25, 2011 at 9:28 PM

I really believe Herman Cain has the most to gain in a debate against Trump. He wouldn’t be the least bit intimidated and his conservative credentials would shine in contrast.

Terrie on April 25, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Dick Morris likes all the losers.

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Morris is lake an organ grinder’s monkey. He will dance for any man who puts a penney in his hat or any woman who will let him suck her toes.

bw222 on April 25, 2011 at 9:32 PM

<blockquoteWhat’s his plan for the U.S – sell off states? As long as it’s New England, New York, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland, he will have my support.

bw222 on April 25, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I think he could quite get a few pesos for California. And I’d be all for it…

LASue on April 25, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Mitch Daniels. Horrible candidate. Supports European-style VAT. Supports higher fuel taxes. Raised taxes to balance state budget. Turned tail and ran from right-to-work legislation in Indiana then applauded fleebagger Dems for the courage in leaving the state. Tells social conservatives to go sit in the back of the bus in 2012.

Never. Daniels or The Hucktard are guaranteed 3rd party votes here. Would prove the GOP is willing to let the Beltway Elites and state run media choose their candidate again.

pdigaudio on April 25, 2011 at 11:34 PM

pdigaudio on April 25, 2011 at 11:34 PM

If you aren’t going to be a team player, you might as well be a Democrat.

Lawdawg86 on April 25, 2011 at 11:44 PM

I’ll vote 3rd party before I’ll vote for either of those two clowns. Sick and tired of having the turd sandwiches shoved down my throat by the Beltway GOP Elitists. They are just as bad as the Community Organizer in Chief.

McCain 2.0. If you’ll settle for that turd sandwich, you deserve what you get.

pdigaudio on April 26, 2011 at 12:18 AM

pdigaudio on April 25, 2011 at 11:34 PM

+10000000

Norwegian on April 26, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Yet another reason Trump won’t get the nomination. Social Conservatives won’t like this.

trigon on April 26, 2011 at 1:28 AM

If you aren’t going to be a team player, you might as well be a Democrat.

Lawdawg86 on April 25, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Rolling over and playing dead does not equal being a team player. The inverse is also true.

powerpro on April 26, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Once again, Daffy Duck beats Obama next year. Why does the GOP insist on running the weakest candidates? Are they really just intent on playing Democrat-lite? Read my lips: no Republican candidate that is open to new taxes or any kind of tax increase will get my support.

And no, the VAT is not the Fair Tax. I think we need to have the debate of Fair Tax vs. Flat Tax, but the progressive income tax along with the current tax code has to be abolished. And, as Reagan showed us, increased federal revenue does not equal tax increases.

Anyone who thinks we need to get behind whatever RINO the state-run media and Beltway GOP Elites — the Judge Smails crowd — says we ought to doesn’t understand the dynamics of the election and what’s really at stake.

pdigaudio on April 26, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Tells social conservatives to go sit in the back of the bus in 2012.

pdigaudio on April 25, 2011 at 11:34 PM

That alone wins my vote! Well, actually I’d prefer them UNDER the bus.

Over on the thread about Paul Ryan I read many people who want to see him run. The fact is that Daniels is the closest thing to Ryan of any who has expressed interest. He has been advocating much that is the same or close to what Ryan put in his road map for years.

MJBrutus on April 26, 2011 at 9:23 AM

That alone wins my vote! Well, actually I’d prefer them UNDER the bus.

Another lefty hater. The hell with you. Without social conservatives, you get a lifetime of Obama (and he ain’t leaving after two terms no matter what the Constitution says).

Daniels and Ryan aren’t even in the same ballpark.

pdigaudio on April 26, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Ryan’s not calling for a VAT. Ryan isn’t calling for higher fuel taxes. Ryan hasn’t supported the green agenda or expressed belief in global warming. Daniels has done all of those. Daniels is another Judge Smails blueblood countryclubber, like Bush. Another FAIL.

pdigaudio on April 26, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Daniels and Ryan aren’t even in the same ballpark.

pdigaudio on April 26, 2011 at 9:42 AM

You think that Daffy Duck can win. Well go ahead and vote for Daffy Duck or Daffy Grizzlie. And take your Daffy conspiracies about PBHO not leaving after 2 terms (if he is fortunate enough to run against Daffy he will have 2 terms) with you. You’ve self-identified as a whacko with that stupid canard. No surprise, as one could see it coming based on your earlier pathetically nut job comments.

Thuffering Thuccotash.

MJBrutus on April 26, 2011 at 9:47 AM

MJBrutus on April 26, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Still winning friends and influencing people, I see. Daniels has the chance of a snowball in July.

kingsjester on April 26, 2011 at 9:50 AM

kingsjester on April 26, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Oh look, the lost widdle puppy wants to hump my leg again. Hey douche nozzle, keep standing up and supporting psychotics who fantasize about PBHO not leaving office when his term is up. Those are your friends, not mine.

MJBrutus on April 26, 2011 at 10:02 AM

I rest my case.

kingsjester on April 26, 2011 at 10:05 AM

kingsjester on April 26, 2011 at 10:05 AM

That’s right, because you can only dig a deeper pit for your sorry self by going on.

MJBrutus on April 26, 2011 at 10:30 AM

MJBrutus on April 26, 2011 at 9:47 AM

I see you got the new tone and civility memo. Dipstick. Go back to Singles Night at the Sheep Barn.

pdigaudio on April 26, 2011 at 1:51 PM

pdigaudio on April 26, 2011 at 1:51 PM

I see. You invent malicious conspiracy theories out of thin air about the POTUS not stepping down when its his time and you then decide to lecture others about civility? You’re a sick, malicious, mendacious, little scum sucker who ought to stick to the only thing he knows, giving BJs for spare change to the likes of KJ.

MJBrutus on April 26, 2011 at 2:00 PM