Quotes of the day

posted at 8:30 pm on April 24, 2011 by Allahpundit

“Obama can take no solace in the complaint of President Lyndon Johnson as he pondered Vietnam in March of 1965, before the big U.S. buildup: “I can’t get out. I can’t finish it with what I’ve got. So what the hell can I do?‘”

***
“European officials, when promised anonymity, wring their hands that this is the first NATO operation since the creation of the alliance a half-century ago in which the United States has declined to take the lead. Some former Clinton administration officials have uttered similar concerns, along with Republican critics like Senator John McCain, who made his point last week by flying into Benghazi, Libya, and visiting with the rebels, whom he immediately declared his ‘heroes.’ (His enthusiasm is apparently not broadly shared in the Republican Party: At the same moment Mr. McCain was cheering on Colonel Qaddafi’s opponents, Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, the Tea Party favorite weighing a run for the presidency, declared that the president was foolish to support rebels who include ‘elements of Al Qaeda in North Africa and Hezbollah.’)

“Yet the question may be not whether the United States leads, but whether it puts its credibility on the line by seeming to enter the conflict half-heartedly. ‘The problem is the gap between U.S. objectives and what we are willing to do to accomplish them,’ Richard N. Haass, the president of the Council on Foreign Relations, who left the Bush administration in part because of his objections to the drive to invade Iraq, said on Friday. ‘We either have to do a lot more — and the Predators were a step in that direction — or go for a cease-fire and live with the fact that Qaddafi could be in place for some time.’

“In short, Mr. Haass is making the case that President Obama is violating the Powell Doctrine: If you elect to use the United States military, you must do so with such overwhelming force that there is no doubt of the outcome.”

***
“The NATO leaders’ hope is that their still-limited military action can provoke someone in Tripoli to overthrow Kadafi. The regime is brittle, they say; its ‘brother leader’ is no indomitable giant like Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh. Libya watchers in the intelligence community say every week brings new reports of generals and other Kadafi loyalists who are on the verge of defecting.

“Except most of them haven’t. And so, in addition to the best-case scenario of a palace coup, U.S. officials now talk increasingly of a longer-term scenario: a war of attrition…

“Obama and Gates have been firm in rejecting American ground troops in Libya; this time, that’s a question for Cameron, Sarkozy and other Europeans. Before this war reaches its 78-day mark in early June, they will almost surely need to escalate it further, both to bring Libya’s agony to an end and to avoid adding their own jobs to the casualty lists.”

***
“McCain, perhaps the most vocal supporter of the Libyan war in all if the U.S. government, says he was impressed by his meetings with rebel leaders. ‘They’re very good people,’ he says. ‘Mainly well-educated, a number of women in the [Transitional National Council] — very normal, dedicated people.’…

“‘But you’ve got to remember that they’ve never had a political party in Libya,’ McCain adds. ‘Never had a political party. So to say the least, it’s a very steep learning curve.’

“McCain dismissed concerns that rebel forces include some veterans of al Qaeda. ‘I’m sure that there may be some element there, but I guarantee you that they didn’t rise up because they wanted to be al Qaeda fighters,’ McCain says. ‘They rose up because they wanted to throw off the yoke of Gadhafi, the same way that people in Egypt rose up and the same way that people in Syria are rising up. It’s not because they’re al Qaeda extremists, it’s that their tired of being governed by an extremist who doesn’t hesitate to massacre them.’”

***
“Then there are the foreign policy birthers, who see Obama as Jimmy Carter, a vacillating over-intellectualized liberal who can’t make up his mind. To them, whatever Obama does abroad is wrong—seriously and dangerously wrong. If he supports the Mideast democrats, they chant that he’s “betraying” our longtime allies. If he doesn’t demand the removal of these longtime allies, they charge him with selling out the democrats. Of course, our birthers can say whatever they want. This is America. Nonetheless, I indulge myself in the fantasy that some editor or TV producer would ask one simple question to these foreign policy birthers: What exactly in heaven’s name would you do?…

“In any event and by all accounts, these potent jets by themselves would not even begin to turn the tide of war or end the seeming stalemate. And yet, birthers like McCain demand MORE without beginning to define what more means and what effects they think MORE will have on the battlefield or among Col. Gaddafi’s entourage. They demand decisive action, but never specify what that would be. And keep in mind that the birthers almost always swear to the highest heavens that they are not recommending the introduction of U.S. or other nations’ ground troops. Be honest, birthers: No one predicts an early end to the fighting without a large contingent of land forces, and no birther is going to propose that. So, what we have is the birthers slamming Obama for the stalemate in a war THEY pushed him into without THEIR offering the necessary means to win it.”

***
“The United States should retake control of the NATO military operation in Libya, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Sunday.

“‘I never wanted us to step down … because the United States is NATO – that’s the reality,’ McCain said on CNN’s ‘State of the Union.’”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***
“‘The way to get Gadhafi to leave is have his inner circle break and turn on him. And that’s going to take a sustained effort through an air campaign.’”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

It’s not my blog, but if it were, I would wield the mighty ban hammer for nasty comments on an Easter post.
These people are shameless.

predator on April 24, 2011 at 10:32 PM

predator on April 24, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Yeah. I just saw his last, tasteless post. He is to be pitied.

kingsjester on April 24, 2011 at 10:36 PM

kingsjester on April 24, 2011 at 10:36 PM

I figured several folks would go check it out. I don’t want to ruin my evening, so I stayed put.

*bastages*

predator on April 24, 2011 at 10:37 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2011 at 10:32 PM

I respect your Yiddish momma way more than I do the disrespectful troll. Sh seems to have class and manners.

kingsjester on April 24, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Prayers are ascending for SauerKraut…

OmahaConservative on April 24, 2011 at 10:40 PM

BIRTHERS~ The Musical!

SCENE 1. A lame representation of an Hawaiian beach with three cardboard palm trees in the backround and a few coconuts shells scattered on a several piles of sand posing as a beach.

A YOUNG WOMAN enters, STAGE LEFT, carrying a WRAPPED BUNDLE, apparently a BABY. She begins to croon a lullaby at the swaddled lump in her arms.

Oh, sweet bundle of intercontinental joy!
Yes, you my icon, my only-iest boy!
Your daddy may leave us to Fate and a brew,
Your granny may be a typical white woman, it’s true!

But one day the people will know why I do what I do.
There’s HOPE when you humble the S.A. of U
!

The YOUNG WOMAN tosses the BUNDLE to an OLDER WOMAN entering, STAGE RIGHT, who catches the BABY like a football.

The OLDER WOMAN laughs and erupts into song.

You never liked the regular guys,
We taught you that they are just dupes
Of the imperialist bigoted system of lies
Who’ll use them as cogs and stormtroops!

They join in a duet.

Hey, the racist state is what we hate!
Its bigots are our cooked gooses!
Progressive causes are the way, hooray!
To conquer its crimes and abuses!

A hip GREEK CHORUS in hula skirts enters from BOTH WINGS intoning:

We need some sure sign of his local appearance!
A newspaper notice won’t cut it.
A certificate of live birth’s the pudding to prove
That the One is the One, so they’ll shut it!

YOUNG WOMAN

Who?
OLDER WOMAN

Yes, who?!?
The swaying GREEK CHORUS in hula skirts answers.

BIRTHERS… they’ll doubt the sky is blue!
BIRTHERS… they’ll say that false is true!
BIRTHERS… they need a head shrinker, too!

YOUNG WOMAN and OLDER WOMAN in unison.

BIRTHERS?…BIRTHERS! who knew?

CURTAIN FALLS as demonic laughter echoes from the wings.

_______________________________________________________

With apologies to Rogers and Hart, but not to Hammerstein.

profitsbeard on April 24, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Will Libya Become Obama’s Vietnam?
Sun March 20 2011
***********************************

The same type of political talk that President Obama is using to describe US military action in Libya, was the same kind of communications our leaders used to get us involved in the biggest non war the US ever fought in Vietnam.

At least with President Bush, he called US military action against another country what it really was and that’s a war. To me, President Obama is trying to have his cake and eat it too with his limited military involvement in Libya. I am not making a judgment on whether or not it is right for the US military to be attacking Libya. However, it’s completely wrong to ask the US military to fight in a conflict where they are not allowed to win. That is exactly what happened in Vietnam decades ago and that is also what could happen again today in Libya.(More………)

canopfor on April 24, 2011 at 10:45 PM

OT: But wasn’t Lord Louis a war hero? I know he was killed blown up by the IRA in ’79 because I remember my mother crying over it.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Yup, Mountbatten was one hell of a guy. I cried too and I am the grandaughter of some scary Irish terr..oops, patriots. Elizabeth is hanging in there to be able to pass to the grandson. She has no respect for Chuckie.

katy the mean old lady on April 24, 2011 at 10:45 PM

profitsbeard on April 24, 2011 at 10:43 PM

LMAO! You have a calling.

predator on April 24, 2011 at 10:48 PM

katy the mean old lady on April 24, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Did you ever see the Bloom County’s that focused on Chuck, Di, and William?
They were a #$%^*&* riot!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2011 at 10:49 PM

BIRTHERS~ The Musical!

With apologies to Rogers and Hart, but not to Hammerstein.

profitsbeard on April 24, 2011 at 10:43 PM

profitsbeard:

*Wipes Tears from Eyes*,oh,the musical was breath taking,
as it(Pretends to be Lefty MoonBat)reminded me of the Roman Temple Pillars at Obama’s acceptance Liberal Presidential nominee speech at the football stadium…and..(snark):)

canopfor on April 24, 2011 at 10:50 PM

With apologies to Rogers and Hart, but not to Hammerstein.

profitsbeard on April 24, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Rogers and Hart were FAR superior to Hammer-scream anyway.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2011 at 10:52 PM

We are all birthers now!

sharrukin on April 24, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Thread winner!

I want to see this slogan on the cover of National Review.

Emperor Norton on April 24, 2011 at 10:52 PM

These people are shameless.

predator on April 24, 2011 at 10:32 PM

predator:Yup:)

canopfor on April 24, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Otay you Birthers and closet birthers,
I’m pack’n in,while the going is getting good,

Happy Easter again,Nite All——————–:)

canopfor on April 24, 2011 at 10:55 PM

canopfor on April 24, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I can look up a Yiddish curse to pronounce on ‘it’?

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2011 at 10:55 PM

I want to see this slogan on the cover of National Review RINO.

Emperor Norton on April 24, 2011 at 10:52 PM

bw222 on April 24, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Otay you Birthers and closet birthers,
I’m pack’n in,while the going is getting good,

Happy Easter again,Nite All——————–:)

canopfor on April 24, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Sorry Canop, but this is like the Hotel California: You can check out any time you want-but you can never leave.
*Eagles, please don’t sue me-I know that you wrote that*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2011 at 10:58 PM

G’night all and Easter Blessings of the Resurrected Christ. I have to get up at 4 AM for work with a sore back.

OmahaConservative on April 24, 2011 at 10:59 PM

‘Night, canopfor. Blessed Easter to ya.

predator on April 24, 2011 at 10:59 PM

OC,

Take care of the back–hope it gets better.

predator on April 24, 2011 at 11:01 PM

*Eagles, please don’t sue me-I know that you wrote that*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2011 at 10:58 PM

He ain’t leaving. He’s just going up to his room.

predator on April 24, 2011 at 11:03 PM

D*mmitt,almost forgot again!
===============================

******************HAPPY BIRTHERDAY HOT AIR******************
============================================================

3…2…1…

April 24, 2006 – 4:15 am
*************************

3…2…1…

posted at 4:15 am on April 24, 2006 by Michelle
**************************************************

***ATL,the Eagles,ya got dat right———–:)

Nite once again:)

We’re live! Welcome to Hot Air, the world’s first, full-service conservative Internet broadcast network. Tune out Katie Couric and tune us in.
Go to the “About” page to find out why we launched this new venture (blame, or rather, credit, goes in part to Al Gore and Bill Maher for helping to inspire the company). You’ll also learn how to advertise; join us as an affiliate, stringer, or employee; and what we use to produce this site. Special thanks to The Blog Studio for the design, Cox & Forkum for the Hot Air mascot, and Mark Jaquith for his technical assistance.

canopfor on April 24, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Did you ever see the Bloom County’s that focused on Chuck, Di, and William?
They were a #$%^*&* riot!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2011 at 10:49 PM

No, if you have a link, do send. How’s Texas. I haven’t had the time to comment lately, but always think of you. It’s tough re-locating. I always did it knowing I had friends and a job. I picture you on a little teeny bike with an enormous battery operated fan. Hang in there!

katy the mean old lady on April 24, 2011 at 11:05 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2011 at 10:58 PM

He ain’t leaving. He’s just going up to his room.

predator on April 24, 2011 at 11:03 PM

predator:You’ll go blind:)

canopfor on April 24, 2011 at 11:05 PM

canopfor on April 24, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Nah, I’ll stop when things start to get blurry:)

predator on April 24, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Obama is in the process of crashing the US system… Every part of our system is being attacked by his actions… or lack of action. Have you noticed that he is still very calm?
Obama cares not for any American’s hopes, dreams or freedom… The fake concern about gas prices is obvious to those who have listened to what he says… This confusing talk-talk-talk-but-do-nothing non-leadership is part of the Obama plan…
He’s just breaking eggs to make an omlet… If you dare to protest you are a racist, crazy birther or worse…
Don’t forget to work hard and pay plenty of taxes to the government… so they can spend it on things that you mostly disagree with.
Have a nice day.

RalphyBoy on April 24, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Yeah, alt, how is life in Lubbock?

Fat Pat Quinn misses you (and your taxes).

predator on April 24, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Yeah, alt, how is life in Lubbock?

Fat Pat Quinn misses you (and your taxes).

predator on April 24, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Quinny-kin’s the worth can go blow.
Food is more expensive here-4.00-5.00 bucks for a gallon of milk, the bugs are too big, and it’s too hot. The people are friendly-they kid me about my Chicago accent-and hopefully I’ll be working again soon.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2011 at 11:22 PM

It should say…’the worthless’…

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Happy Easter, everyone. May the Lord’s blessings have smiled upon you not only today but every day.

madmonkphotog on April 24, 2011 at 11:27 PM

I truly wish AZ would recall him and elect Bozo-the-Clown to replace him.

It boggles the mind to see people spouting off such nonsense. Have you ever bothered to read the Constitution?

Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members, and a Majority of each shall constitute a Quorum to do Business; but a smaller number may adjourn from day to day, and may be authorized to compel the Attendance of absent Members, in such Manner, and under such Penalties as each House may provide.

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior, and, with the Concurrence of two-thirds, expel a Member. …

There is no mechanism by which the people of a state can recall one of their US Senators once he’s duly elected.

The Monster on April 24, 2011 at 11:29 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Yeah, Lubbock is a little off the beaten path, which probably explains the food prices. And the bugs and heat I could have told you to expect.

When I was in the Houston area after the oil rush started to bottom out (early 80s), I went to work for an insulation company. I went up in an attic to apply blown insulation at this guy’s house, and I swear there were cockroaches up there sitting at a poker table, dealing stud, and snorting raid;)

predator on April 24, 2011 at 11:30 PM

predator on April 24, 2011 at 11:30 PM

I’ve already met them…and the the water bugs-and I was told that if I wake-up with a bite-go to urgent care, because fiddle-backs are know to inhabit these parts.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Twerp -

It has to be a real change for you. I lived in the Chicago area for about 10 years but travelled to Big Spring, TX frequently on business. Texas people are friendly and you will do just fine.

While you are paying more for groceries, you are probably paying a lot less for gas, housing and taxes so everything will either wash out or you’ll come out ahead.

Become a Red Raiders fan.

bw222 on April 25, 2011 at 12:14 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2011 at 11:58 PM

The real question is, have you applied for your TABC card?

Kini on April 25, 2011 at 12:23 AM

For these 7th century morons Soldiers die and lots of treasure is spent.

On the other hand they seem clever and our leaders peddle love from the Afhani corruptocrats.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2011 at 12:24 AM

McCain needs to acquire more incontinence diapers and two muzzles, one for his friend, Ms. Lindsey Graham.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Nice post!..:)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2011 at 12:40 AM

The time to have acted was at once, when it might have shut down Qaddafi’s counterattacks before he could import mercenaries. Giving McCain the benefit of the doubt, I assume his position is that once the prestige of the United States has been committed to a venture, we need to follow through with vigor.

All Obama’s “unprecedented” deference to European leadership of the NATO effort is proving is why we never defer to European leadership. Instead of placing our servicemen at risk without the security of our full power behind them, Obama should have stuck to his natural inclination to make a strongly worded statement and, if that fails, to follow with an even more sternly worded statement.

~~~~~~~~

annoyinglittletwerp ~ Welcome to the South! You think it is “too hot” now? My dear, it’s only April – this is just “seasonably warm” right now. You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.

Adjoran on April 25, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Powell got promoted because he helped to cover up Mia Lia and because of “a-ffirmative action”.

McCain is just plain nuts.

Lawrence Talbot on April 25, 2011 at 1:17 AM

McCain needs to absolutely STFU…

Here is what the GOP response should be…

OBAMA WAS THREE WEEKS LATE… WE DON”T CARE ABOUT THIS INTERVENTION, OBAMA OWNS IT 100% WE WON”T GET IN THE WAY.

ninjapirate on April 25, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Napolitano Can’t Account for 10 Libyans She Caught and Released Inside U.S.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/janet-napolitano/2011/04/23/napolitano-cant-account-10-libyans-she-caught-and-released-inside-us#ixzz1KViLVLZf

Kini on April 25, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Become a Red Raiders fan.

bw222 on April 25, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Tech rules!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2011 at 1:44 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2011 at 1:44 AM

Hello alt..Great to see you!..:)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2011 at 2:00 AM

McCain needs to acquire more incontinence diapers and two muzzles, [some] for his friend, Ms. Lindsey Graham.
Schadenfreude on April 25, 2011 at 12:30 AM

These’ll do just fine. :-)

Feedie on April 25, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Hello alt..Great to see you!..:)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2011 at 2:00 AM

Greetings!
*blows a totally platonic kiss*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2011 at 2:36 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2011 at 2:36 AM

I see you are adjusting to Texas!..:)

PS..Have you traded the cats for a couple of prairie dogs yet!?!..:)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2011 at 2:42 AM

PS..Have you traded the cats for a couple of prairie dogs yet!?!..:)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2011 at 2:42 AM

Prairie Dogs are coward who won’t cooperate with my schemes. loL

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2011 at 3:11 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2011 at 3:11 AM

lol!.. I hear you..I hope things are going well for you and hubby!..:)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2011 at 3:14 AM

Just as Marshall Tito and Communism, with a smaller (c)held the Balkans together in what was then Hungary,and the real problems came after he was gone, so too Gadaffi (not nice -but not Bin Laden either)might be just serving such a role -once he’s taken down forces will be unleashed. What makes us think that they will be peaceful “democracy seeking” folks or is that too naive? Excusing or casually overlooking the potential for the radicalization of North Africa’s Muslims might be the consequence.

I am most fearful when John McCain refers to anyone as “his friends.” The man can’t differentiate between evil and good too well here in America where he knows the evil the other side does, why should we trust his poor judgment in Libya?

Don L on April 25, 2011 at 4:19 AM

Barack Hussein Obama, it seems, has had just about everything that got him to where he is now handed to him on a silver platter.

He’ll get a free ride on this too.

FlatFoot on April 25, 2011 at 4:50 AM

Morning. Where is everyone?

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2011 at 5:00 AM

you lie!!!

what an absurd idea!

no one BUT dear leader got him into this boondoggle…

cmsinaz on April 25, 2011 at 5:44 AM

still waiting for that authorization from congress…

mccain doesn’t count

cmsinaz on April 25, 2011 at 5:44 AM

Dire Straits on April 25, 2011 at 3:14 AM

2nd that.

cmsinaz on April 25, 2011 at 5:47 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Thank you for that link! I read it through my tears.

I hope that Prince Charles, who has an infatuation with Islam, remebers his paternal grandmother’s beautifully heroic example.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 25, 2011 at 5:58 AM

McCain needs to undergo a serious mental evaluation.

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2011 at 6:07 AM

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2011 at 6:07 AM

Anyone who proclaimed that there was nothing to fear from O and that O would make a great POTUS needs “mental evaluation”. We all knew in ’08 that O would do exactly what he’s doing today; how anyone could have still voted for him boggles the mind (makes me think O stole the election b/c I can’t believe Americans really voted for him, everything bad was known about him way back then).

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 25, 2011 at 6:11 AM

Unfortunately, Asian Girl, the media did not widely report Obama and all of his “pals”. And the average voter really wanted to believe all of his smoke and mirrors that he presented to the America cloaked in pretty “hope and change” talk (via teleprompters). I don’t think Americans had seen socialism this up close and personal before. Now they have. If they still vote for him in 2012, we will know that our public schools have completed the indoctrination and we are raising and educating generations of useful idiots to vote for the progressives.

predator on April 24, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Thread winner for the most humorous post!!! Thanks for the chuckle.

Back to Obama. I have learned tons of stuff watching Beck on his fox show. I could not begin to explain all of the intertwinings of the Soros funded groups that have put all of these toxic socialists into power inside of the Obama exoskeleton cabinet he put in place via the czars.

Beck has been talking about Cass Sunstein (sp?) and his wife and how insidious and nefarious they are for our country. How do we get this all explained down to where the old fashioned Kennedy/Humphrey type of democrats will understand it and then really understand that their party has been overrun by people really toxic for this country.

I wish Beck would put a lot of his chalkboard charts in PDF format for us to download, study, understand, and show people. His shows this past Thursday and Friday were exceptionally well presented.

karenhasfreedom on April 25, 2011 at 6:30 AM

It seems Sarah Palin already answered this in a tweet.

Kafir on April 25, 2011 at 7:09 AM

PATHETIC!

The al-Qaida neoconservative horse’s ass apologist, John McCain.

Reynold’s can Instapundit another “and they said if I voted for John McCain there’d be” instances.

maverick muse on April 25, 2011 at 7:42 AM

I support Gaddafi. He is the devil we know. The rebels will be way way worse than Gaddafi ever dreamed of being. Mark my words.

Chudi on April 24, 2011 at 9:32 PM

I understand that argument (learned it watching Hogan’s Heroes). However, I think the West has been actively avoiding a direct confrontation with Islam for over five hundred years. It’s time we stop supporting tyrants there that will do our bidding and let the true face to the region come out. Then we can smack it down once and for all.

Kafir on April 25, 2011 at 7:47 AM

Why is it so difficult for appeasement Quislings to wrap their heads around the Bolton doctrine?

First, we must reverse course now and declare regime change to be our objective

Kaddafi has publicly VOWED to resume targeting civilian airliners.

Do Quislings today doubt the sincerity of Kaddafi’s vow? Do you honestly imagine he’s NOT going to try to “settle scores“? Are you willing to put innocent Americans’ lives at risk on some conceit that Kaddafi isn’t as evil as al-Qaeda?

Wake up, Quislings. The clock is now ticking again.

If we learned anything from 9/11, it’s that we can’t afford to wait for terrorists to follow through on their threats.

America now has a duty to bring Kaddafi to justice; or justice to Kaddafi.

Again, I don’t much care whether Kaddafi meets a Predator drone or Mussolini’s fate on a meat-hook. But Kaddafi (personally) must answer for his actions.

Mark my words: Anything short of a Kaddafi dirt-nap will be a grave mistake.

Terp Mole on April 25, 2011 at 7:55 AM

Quote link #1 Steve Chapman

From the archive of taped conversations, every single source strongly advised LBJ to pull out of Viet Nam immediately, not to stay, not to become further involved in a deadly losing scenario of a War without Victory and With No End.

But since Chapman wants to compare the warmongering interventionist Obama to LBJ, study the foundation promoting destabilization: CIA instigators and deceits, Gulf of Tonkin incidents. LBJ never let the truth get in the way of his desired narrative.

maverick muse on April 25, 2011 at 8:04 AM

What we have is a weak, incompetent Commander-in-Chief who allowed HIMSELF to be pushed into committing U.S. forces to the Libyan war without first ensuring that HE’D have the necessary means to win it.

There may well be many idiots in the peanut gallery, but none of them are the president. What kind of leader allows himself to be pushed into a war he can’t win? Sadly, the kind of “leader” we currently have — a weak, foolish, and ineffectual one.

AZCoyote on April 25, 2011 at 8:09 AM

And this is why I sincerely wish someone would wrap one full roll of duct tape around both McCain’s and Graham’s flapping loud mouths!

These two RINO’s seriously need to shut the hell up!

pilamaye on April 25, 2011 at 8:29 AM

karenhasfreedom on April 25, 2011 at 6:30 AM

But, the MSM was still in Hilary’s corner until Spring ’08. Yes, they ballyhooed O on the cover of Time, but they had made Hil the “heir apparent” and they, along with Hil who said to O’s face, “Rezko’s a slumlord”, reported on his shady deal with Rezko. Even O’s hometown papers the Trib and the Sun-Times (which would also be Hil’s hometown papers as she is from Park Ridge) did a series of reports on Rezko. After O stole the primaries (and there’s no doubt that he did; that’s why the PUMAs smarted so) and the media went whole-hog Obama, Wright and Ayers made headlines thanks to Hannity and thanks to Joe the Plumber, “wealth redistribution” did, too. There was also no hiding the “clinging to guns and God” quote either.

There was lots that made it through the Pravda-media-filter, enough to make me think that Americans didn’t really vote for him. Especially since he quickly lost 10% of those who supposedly did (he won 53% of the vote, and he fell to the low 40s quickly) and all the stuff that came out about ACORN after.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 25, 2011 at 8:32 AM

It will be a big political PLUS for Obama if he continues to hold back on Libya. Most of Middle America does “not” want to be pulled into that mess. When will John McCain just go away? I’m really angry w/the people of AZ for giving us John McCain for another 6 years. Those, like Glenn Beck, who pulled their support for JD Hayworth, I hope they’re satisfied. DD

Darvin Dowdy on April 25, 2011 at 8:42 AM

So if leftist trash labels being against Marxism at “Economic Birtherism” I’m no longer supposed to be against Marxism?

Do the Poli Sci retards that thought up this one up really think so?

MNHawk on April 25, 2011 at 9:01 AM

This is why we are still in Iraq and Afghanistan. Politicians cannot run a war. Everything they do is based on how will this make me look to voters. McCain had a military background but it was so long ago it’s a fog in his memory. If we’re not in something to win it, then why start it in the first place.

Kissmygrits on April 25, 2011 at 9:01 AM

Hypocrites of the worst sort unleash authoritarianism against others, as if immune to their own corruption at home.

Hell makes self-righteous demands as if immune to the repercussions of its own deceits.

What is the Law of God? To love God by loving God’s creation.

9 And the voice of the LORD said, “Go and tell this people:

“‘Be ever hearing, but never understanding;
be ever seeing, but never perceiving.’
10 Make the heart of this people calloused;
make their ears dull
and close their eyes.[a]
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts,
and turn and be healed.”

13 Therefore my people will go into exile
for lack of understanding;
those of high rank will die of hunger
and the common people will be parched with thirst.
14 Therefore Death expands its jaws,
opening wide its mouth;
into it will descend their nobles and masses
with all their brawlers and revelers.
15 So people will be brought low
and everyone humbled,
the eyes of the arrogant humbled.
16 But the LORD Almighty will be exalted by his justice,
and the holy God will be proved holy by his righteous acts.

Isaiah 5
20 Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.

21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
and clever in their own sight.

22 Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine
and champions at mixing drinks,
23 who acquit the guilty for a bribe,
but deny justice to the innocent.
24 Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw
and as dry grass sinks down in the flames,
so their roots will decay
and their flowers blow away like dust;
for they have rejected the law of the LORD Almighty
and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel.
25 Therefore the LORD’s anger burns against his people;
his hand is raised and he strikes them down.
The mountains shake,
and the dead bodies are like refuse in the streets.

Yet for all this, his anger is not turned away,

Isaiah 10

1 Woe to those who make unjust laws,
to those who issue oppressive decree
s,
2 to deprive the poor of their rights
and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people,
making widows their prey
and robbing the fatherless.
3 What will you do on the day of reckoning,
when disaster comes from afar?
To whom will you run for help?
Where will you leave your riches?
4 Nothing will remain but to cringe among the captives
or fall among the slain.

Isaiah 33
1 Woe to you, destroyer,
you who have not been destroyed!
Woe to you, betrayer,
you who have not been betrayed!
When you stop destroying,
you will be destroyed;
when you stop betraying,
you will be betrayed.

Isaiah 42

18 “Hear, you deaf;
look, you blind, and see!
19 Who is blind but my servant,
and deaf like the messenger I send?
Who is blind like the one in covenant with me,
blind like the servant of the LORD?
20 You have seen many things, but you pay no attention;
your ears are open, but you do not listen.”
21 It pleased the LORD
for the sake of his righteousness
to make his law great and glorious.

22 But this is a people plundered and looted,
all of them trapped in pits
or hidden away in prisons.
They have become plunder,
with no one to rescue them;
they have been made loot,
with no one to say, “Send them back.”

23 Which of you will listen to this
or pay close attention in time to come?
24 Who handed Jacob over to become loot,
and Israel to the plunderers?
Was it not the LORD,
against whom we have sinned?
For they would not follow his ways;
they did not obey his law.

25 So he poured out on them his burning anger,
the violence of war.
It enveloped them in flames, yet they did not understand;
it consumed them, but they did not take it to heart.

Isaiah 47

10 You have trusted in your wickedness
and have said, ‘No one sees me.’
Your wisdom and knowledge mislead you
when you say to yourself,
‘I am, and there is none besides me.’
11 Disaster will come upon you,
and you will not know how to conjure it away.
A calamity will fall upon you
that you cannot ward off with a ransom;
a catastrophe you cannot foresee
will suddenly come upon you.

Isaiah 29
11 For you this whole vision is nothing but words sealed in a scroll. And if you give the scroll to someone who can read, and say, “Read this, please,” they will answer, “I can’t; it is sealed.” 12 Or if you give the scroll to someone who cannot read, and say, “Read this, please,” they will answer, “I don’t know how to read.”

13 The Lord says:

“These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
is based on merely human rules they have been taught.[b]
14 Therefore once more I will astound these people
with wonder upon wonder;
the wisdom of the wise will perish,
the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish.”
15 Woe to those who go to great depths
to hide their plans from the LORD,
who do their work in darkness and think,
“Who sees us? Who will know?”
16 You turn things upside down,
as if the potter were thought to be like the clay!
Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it,
“You did not make me”?
Can the pot say to the potter,
“You know nothing”?

maverick muse on April 25, 2011 at 9:10 AM

A simple concept:
If you broke it, you bought it.
Obama’s baby.

What to do about Libya is to ignore the problem and let the Libyan sort it out. This all would have been over a month ago, with less loss of life and damage. Now we are just prolonging the pain, with the same (or worse) result in the end.

But that ship has sailed. We had to go sticking our nose in, and now we’re involved.

The way out is to withdraw with a stern warning to Kadaffy that we will not tolerate anything larger than a mid-level civilian slaughter, then we let him re-establish authority over his country. We can pretend we accomplished something because we prevented the biggest genocide since (Fill-In-The-Blank), and extracted a promise of better behavior, whether or not that better behavior ever materializes.

Haiku Guy on April 25, 2011 at 9:46 AM

idiotarian drooled: There is NO legitimate way to demand the assassination of a world leader without reciprocal measures taking bloody toll in America.

Kaddafi is not a “world leader.” He’s an unelected tinpot dictator and a terrorist mass murderer.

Why is the failed Xmas panty-bomber mastermind (al-Awlaki) an enemy combatant?

But the successful Xmas Lockerbie-bomber mastermind (Kaddafi) remains a non-target?

Kaddafi has publicly VOWED to resume targeting civilian airliners. Do you imagine he’s bluffing? Or don’t you care about those innocents?

Libya’s Justice Minister confirmed: Kaddafi (personally) masterminded Lockerbie.

There is no statute of limitations on mass murder of innocent Americans.

America now has a duty to bring Kaddafi to justice; or justice to Kaddafi.

Mark these words: Anything short of a Kaddafi dirt-nap will be a grave mistake.

Terp Mole on April 25, 2011 at 10:44 AM

idiotarian spat: Hell makes self-righteous demands

What would Jesus do to terrorist mass murderers like Kaddafi?

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
[Matthew 18:6-7]

“Ye blind guides, that strain out the gnat, and swallow the camel!”
[Matthew 23:24]

“For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.”
[Romans 13:4]

Terp Mole on April 25, 2011 at 10:57 AM

canopfor on April 24, 2011 at 9:59 PM

I know this is O/T, and I’m late to the party, but the Typhoon’s max thrust is 40,000lbs total, both engines. There is only one tactical aircraft engine currently supplying greater than 40k/lbs thrust in a single powerplant, and that is the Pratt & Whitney F135, made for the F35 Lightning JSF.

Freelancer on April 25, 2011 at 9:58 PM